Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

Yikes.   None of this sounds Dadwe approved at all.  She's really gone far afield from her early days of BGDC, which I thought was actually a pretty decent idea.  Oh well.  Try as she might, she can't keep this show going much longer I think without a breakdown of some kind.  But I guess that depends on how many actors willing to do outrageous things to/with her can be hired and whether it will be enough of a trainwreck to make it worth watching.   

• Love 5

I don't normally have a problem with people schilling sex toys or talking about their sex lives. Sex toys are a business. Just regular people making products that help regular people experience pleasure. A lot of them go hand in hand (or something in something) with safe sex. When I teased my 73yo mother about being sponsored by a vibrator company on IG her response was, "So, uh, you get a family discount on those things?" 

My problem is that I don't see this as Whitney actually caring about women's sexuality, responsible sex, etc. She's doing this for the same reason she refuses to wear appropriate clothing out of the house, the way she makes people touch her "beg", her sexually charged "jokes", and how she makes socially awkward references to her sex life around people who obviously don't want to hear it-because I think she ENJOYS making people feel uncomfortable. She seems to think she's such a desirable nymph that everyone and their brother (and sister) want to sleep with her. Over the years I've really started to think that she has an unhealthy obsession with sex. I feel like she became mentally stunted at around age 16 and now she's forever stuck in that high hormonal, boy crazy timeframe.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

My problem is that I don't see this as Whitney actually caring about women's sexuality, responsible sex, etc. She's doing this for the same reason she refuses to wear appropriate clothing out of the house, the way she makes people touch her "beg", her sexually charged "jokes", and how she makes socially awkward references to her sex life around people who obviously don't want to hear it-because I think she ENJOYS making people feel uncomfortable. She seems to think she's such a desirable nymph that everyone and their brother (and sister) want to sleep with her. Over the years I've really started to think that she has an unhealthy obsession with sex. I feel like she became mentally stunted at around age 16 and now she's forever stuck in that high hormonal, boy crazy timeframe.

I think she was sexually abused at a very young age.  It explains everything you said and it explains the morbid obesity.  In my OA group (which included people with all eating disorders including anorexia), an obese woman who had not been sexually abused was the exception to the rule.  

Her apparent total lack of self worth And self respect is also consistent with that theory.   What person with any self respect deep throats a baguette??

Edited by Kid
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Kid said:

I think she was sexually abused at a very young age.  It explains everything you said and it explains the morbid obesity.  In my OA group (which included people with all eating disorders including anorexia), an obese woman who had not been sexually abused was the exception to the rule.  

Her apparent total lack of self worth And self respect is also consistent with that theory.   What person with any self respect deep throats a baguette??

Thank the deities I didn't have to see the baguette scene. I think she has serious mental issues that need to be addressed, and not on national TV! Either this is all fake for TV which is seriously possible, or she is really circling the drain. Someone in her real life needs to shake some sense into her, or throw up their hands and  say "You go twit! You are 'so fabulous we can't get enough of your BS' Give us more!!! NOT!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I feel like she became mentally stunted at around age 16 and now she's forever stuck in that high hormonal, boy crazy timeframe.

I think you're  being a little generous with the age. I personally think she's  "stuck" at 12. I also believe she is beginning to decompensate. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Colleenna said:

I think you're  being a little generous with the age. I personally think she's  "stuck" at 12. I also believe she is beginning to decompensate. 

It's like that Golden Girls episode where Rose, in front of Blanche, says, "In my experience the people who talk about sex that much aren't really having it."

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
On 10/3/2020 at 3:32 PM, Hana Chan said:

There's going to come a day (sooner rather than later) that the TV show will go away (along with its paycheck) and without it, I can't see Whitney being able to maintain the social media presence that she's been enjoying.

Yep, I wonder what became of Ruby, that fat woman who was on for several seasons, trying to lose weight.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, mamadrama said:

It's like that Golden Girls episode where Rose, in front of Blanche, says, "In my experience the people who talk about sex that much aren't really having it."

BINGO! One would think that if her sex life was so fulfilling that we would see some evidence of it. On her social media if not on the show (since not everyone wants their private lives paraded on tv). But we don't see her with romantic partners except those that are staged for the show. Before Chase, when was the last time that she posted about dating someone? Or bragging that she (or he) had to do the walk of shame after an amazing night. 

This all seems to be a way to combat the clear contrast between herself and her (tv) ex. He's moved on, is now a father and very likely moving towards marriage with his daughter's mother. Whitney, OTOH, post pictures of herself trying to deep throat a baguette and trying to earn a few coins by promoting a line of expensive sex toys. One of them looks more than a little pathetic and it's not the one with the adorable baby.

• Love 12

Her new instagram story has her shilling green juice (and is labeled as an advertisement.) The link to the sex toy retailer is still in the post, but she's taken it down from her instagram heading.

• LOL 2
33 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Her new instagram story has her shilling green juice (and is labeled as an advertisement.) The link to the sex toy retailer is still in the post, but she's taken it down from her instagram heading.

Same green juice as the Sister Wives/Kootie?  I don't do Instagram so can't/don't want to watch the stories live...but I would watch them here if anyone can post them...or a screen shot...

She is probably the most pathetic person I have ever come upon... of course she could be laughing all the way to the bank because it is all fake, fake, Fakety , FAKE. Wouldn't be that surprised.....

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

She will advertise anything won’t she? I wonder if TLC told her to take the sex toys ad down and have the ad for the show be the only thing up there. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Gramto6 said:

Same green juice as the Sister Wives/Kootie?  I don't do Instagram so can't/don't want to watch the stories live...but I would watch them here if anyone can post them...or a screen shot...

She is probably the most pathetic person I have ever come upon... of course she could be laughing all the way to the bank because it is all fake, fake, Fakety , FAKE. Wouldn't be that surprised.....

Something called  Athletic  Greens? I don't have  IG but I use an anonymous story viewer.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Something called  Athletic  Greens? I don't have  IG but I use an anonymous story viewer.

Yea it’s Athletic Greens. It says it is designed for athletes and it improves digestion. She’s not an athlete and I shutter to think about her using a product like this that “improves digestion“. I hope that TP stick works really well. 

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

Yea it’s Athletic Greens. It says it is designed for athletes and it improves digestion. She’s not an athlete and I shutter to think about her using a product like this that “improves digestion“. I hope that TP stick works really well. 

I was just offering up the name for whoever  asked about Sister Wives. I don't watch SW so can't answer if it's the same.  

Shame on you! You know Twit is a fat-lete!!😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

So long as Whitney has her show, the network will have the legal pull to prevent her from doing endorsements for things that the network feels would reflect badly on their company. Not that there is anything wrong with sex toys (though the thought of Whitney pleasuring herself will haunt me forever), but with TLC appealing to that Middle America/Red State demographic, I can understand that they would not want this happening under their roof. 

As for her new endorsement... the jokes are just writing themselves.

11 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

So long as Whitney has her show, the network will have the legal pull to prevent her from doing endorsements for things that the network feels would reflect badly on their company. Not that there is anything wrong with sex toys (though the thought of Whitney pleasuring herself will haunt me forever), but with TLC appealing to that Middle America/Red State demographic, I can understand that they would not want this happening under their roof. 

As for her new endorsement... the jokes are just writing themselves.

Personally I’m with TLC, if they did indeed tell her to take the link down.  Just because there isn’t anything wrong with something doesn’t mean it’s appropriate to discuss in all situations. I’m sure that from TLCs point of view her focus at the moment should be promoting the new season.  Sharing billing on her SM with her sex toys probably isn’t what they have in mind. 
Frankly, if for some inexplicable reason I was watching this show with children I wouldn’t want that to be a primary focus either. At least not the way she portrays it. My kids are adults but we’ve always talked openly about sex etc. in an age appropriate manner. If at any time they had had the giggly immature approach that Whitney has I would have tabled the discussion until they were more mature. She’s just not a beacon for mature and healthy sexual discussion. 

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Thanks, it's not what the SW sell. Their green goo in LIV or something like that.

4 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I’m sure that from TLCs point of view her focus at the moment should be promoting the new season.  Sharing billing on her SM with her sex toys probably isn’t what they have in mind. 

What Whitney has to be reminded of is that as far as TLC is concerned, she's being marketed as a "brand" and anything she does that impacts negatively (in their opinion) on the brand impacts her show (and their willingness to keep bankrolling it). All TLC personalities are "brands", from the Duggers to Dr. Pimple Popper. When things happen that go against the "brand" (like the Dugger sex-abuse scandal), the network can lower the hammer hard.

Whitney's brand is supposed to be the happy, active fat girl living her best life (while in reality is a total hot mess). For however long she has the show, I'm sure that her contract has very clear stipulations on what outside interests she can have and while I have no issue with sex toys (beyond not wanting to imagine Whitney using them), I do get why the network yanked back on her leash.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

I hope Whitney getting back into therapy will help her deal with some of her issues.  Obviously therapy depends on what you are putting into, finding the right therapist, etc., but for as much as I snark I hope her medication and therapy will help her deal with whatever issues cause her behavior.  

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGLqa0UhzAO/

I would like Whitney to get good therapy and help too.  But I have to wonder about the quality of her medical help if she’s being told she has anorexia and bulimia. She may have an eating disorder, but those aren’t it. I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that Whit moves from therapist to therapist the minute one stops buying her crap and starts asking her to confront her actually issues. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
41 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I would like Whitney to get good therapy and help too.  But I have to wonder about the quality of her medical help if she’s being told she has anorexia and bulimia. She may have an eating disorder, but those aren’t it. I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that Whit moves from therapist to therapist the minute one stops buying her crap and starts asking her to confront her actually issues. 

I do agree she seems like she doesn’t like people that confront her with any opposition of her narrative.  Based on what we have seen on the show, I’d imagine Whitney would need a certain type of therapist.  I don’t know how much Whitney’s real-life personality is like what she portrays on the show, but I imagine it could be much like her trainer situation, she floats around looking for somebody that feeds into her nonsense.  I’d imagine an actual doctor or licensed therapist would only indulge her so much, but who knows what works with her? 

• Love 1

Wasn't she getting therapy from some counselor in Greensboro who was all about healthy at any size and fat positivity?  I seem to remember her making an appearance in one of the earlier episodes.

Here's hoping that her therapist will start cutting through a lot of the mental junk that's been holding her back. I have no issue if she wants to stay "fat and fit" even though I think that it would be a losing proposition in the end. She's already having health problems directly attributed to her weight because she's beyond overweight. She would (per my bariatric surgeon) be categorized as super obese and we've already seen her have joint problems that will only get worse as she ages, cardiac concerns and early-stage diabetes. There is going to come a point where her body starts to give out on the demands she's making it it.

But before she can come to the real terms of what her weight is doing to her she needs to recognize that she is responsible for the choices that she makes and the consequences of those actions. Her lack of success with all of her business ventures, her pathetic love life and general unhappiness is in her hands. If she needs medication, she needs to take it. She needs a therapist who's going to do more than be a cheerleader for her. Sometimes you need to hear some hard truths in order to start moving foward.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I think the anorexia and bulimia diagnoses were in her past --- and I suspect that they were SELF diagnosed.  That being said,  I do hope that she has a good therapist.  You can't fix what you're eating till you fix what's  eating you. 

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I hope Whitney getting back into therapy will help her deal with some of her issues.  Obviously therapy depends on what you are putting into, finding the right therapist, etc., but for as much as I snark I hope her medication and therapy will help her deal with whatever issues cause her behavior.  

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGLqa0UhzAO/

@with_this_body   This is her 'therapist's' IG. Although a doctor she does seem a bit lala. Methinks this is the same person she was going to a couple years ago as she is a 'fat positive' and 'lover of all bodies'.  Twit would only get reinforcement of her obesity from the looks of it. 

An example from the doctor's IG.

image.png

• Love 1
4 hours ago, puppylover said:

@with_this_body   This is her 'therapist's' IG. Although a doctor she does seem a bit lala. Methinks this is the same person she was going to a couple years ago as she is a 'fat positive' and 'lover of all bodies'.  Twit would only get reinforcement of her obesity from the looks of it. 

image.png

Her bachelor's degree is in psychology.  Her master's is in school counseling,  and her PhD is in counseling  education (in training  school  counselors.) I'm not sure how any of that qualifies her to counsel Twit. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

A bit of a sore subject for me at the moment but whatever else she may have, she does NOT have anorexia.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, puppylover said:

image.png

A “bit lala” is awfully generous.  This woman’s IG is full of her own random  quotes, which are all “fat positive”, but from the little bit I saw, none are promoting an actual healthy lifestyle. She also has a gif of her dancing naked in response to her critics.  She seems to be trying to make a name for herself and this is the niche she chose.  Lucky for Whitney, she is in Greensboro.

• Useful 1
23 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

I'm not that bored.  I will never be that bored.

6 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

You and me both!!

LOL ....I wondered what it was about but I was like I don’t think I’ll never be bored enough to listen it and that’s saying something considering all the time I’ve wasted listening to Amy Roloff’s IG videos.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Meowy said:

A “bit lala” is awfully generous.  This woman’s IG is full of her own random  quotes, which are all “fat positive”, but from the little bit I saw, none are promoting an actual healthy lifestyle. She also has a gif of her dancing naked in response to her critics.  She seems to be trying to make a name for herself and this is the niche she chose.  Lucky for Whitney, she is in Greensboro.

The problem is that the goal of the therapist is to do what is best for her patient and if the therapist has a built in bias, then there is no way that they are going to be able to address a patient's real concerns. I'm sure that it's comforting for someone who gets told all the time that a lot of their problems would resolve if they lost weight that their bodies are just fine, but it's not 100 percent honest. Sure, the reality is that losing weight won't fix everything wrong in Whitney's life, but it's not hard to see that a lot of things that make her unhappy are directly due to her physical size.

Being on her medication will certainly help rebalance her brain chemistry but that doesn't take away from the hard work she would need to do in order to resolve all her other problems. She really needs a therapist that she can see on a regular basis who can monitor her meds while giving her the counselling and feedback that she's going to need. And I'm going to be really blunt here... I have a friend who has a history of eating disorders (she was diagnosed and treated for anorexia nervosa) and in the past five or so years has gained an unhealthy amount of weight. She has a number of other psychological problems (including anxiety and depression), all of which she is under care for. She had spoken with me about my surgery because her therapist, with full understanding of her history, has been urging her to try to lose weight. My friend is not being urged to use her past eating disorder as a justification to stay fat. Obviously she needs to do so in a healthy way and she needs to be monitored to avoid falling back into her past dangerous eating habits but it's also clear that being fat is mentally damaging to her as well. 

And whether or not Whitney ever had any real eating disorders is anyone's guess. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

The problem is that the goal of the therapist is to do what is best for her patient and if the therapist has a built in bias, then there is no way that they are going to be able to address a patient's real concerns. I'm sure that it's comforting for someone who gets told all the time that a lot of their problems would resolve if they lost weight that their bodies are just fine, but it's not 100 percent honest. Sure, the reality is that losing weight won't fix everything wrong in Whitney's life, but it's not hard to see that a lot of things that make her unhappy are directly due to her physical size.

And whether or not Whitney ever had any real eating disorders is anyone's guess. 

The part in bold is definitely true but it can be even worse when the patient doesn’t want to deal with their real concerns. There is no sign that Whitney wants anything to do with actually dealing with issues so of course she would seek out a counselor whose bias matches her. Then she can focus on building up her delusion that it doesn’t matter that she’s 400lbs. I suspect they focus on Whitney learning to rise above criticism and the demands of the evil world who wants her to lose weight rather than focusing on how she got this way in the first place. I also noticed on the therapist’s IG page are some posts about PCOS so I’m sure Whit’s belief that it’s all PCOS is being validated regularly. 

I think we are seeing the genesis of the sudden emergence of the sex toys/sex advice posts. So she’s depressed and upset about the breakup with Chase. It wasn’t real but it’s likely she created a scenario in her head where he dumps his real girlfriend and jumps in the sac with her. Plus now she has to stick to the story that she got cheated on and it fuels the idea that fat people don’t have sexual relationships. So she runs back to her ‘Fat and Fantastic’ therapist whose top 5 reminders are all about fat people sex.... and Voila!! Whitney starts posting about how she has great sex - and when she doesn’t it’s not her fault - and shilling sex toys. 

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

This is the problem with Whitney, you have to be on her side or she will dump you. Will was on her and she dumped him as a trainer, his daughter took her on probably more of a project because she herself had weight issues years ago. There is no way at almost 200lbs overweight that she can be fit, no doctor would ever say that.  I think that if she got into a healthy diet and exercise plan, lost weight, maybe some of her depression and anxiety would subside. The problem with her is that she is trying to convince everyone that she is fabulous at 350lbs - she can continue to believe that, but that in itself isn't healthy. I am certainly not a fan of her, but she really needs to get to the root of what is going on in her life and make the necessary adjustments.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

This is the problem with Whitney, you have to be on her side or she will dump you. Will was on her and she dumped him as a trainer, his daughter took her on probably more of a project because she herself had weight issues years ago. There is no way at almost 200lbs overweight that she can be fit, no doctor would ever say that.  I think that if she got into a healthy diet and exercise plan, lost weight, maybe some of her depression and anxiety would subside. The problem with her is that she is trying to convince everyone that she is fabulous at 350lbs - she can continue to believe that, but that in itself isn't healthy. I am certainly not a fan of her, but she really needs to get to the root of what is going on in her life and make the necessary adjustments.

The very last thing someone like Whitney needs is a therapist that's just going to keep feeding into the conceit that her weight isn't a huge (pun intended - it stays) part of her numerous problems. I checked out this quack's Instagram and outside of a ton of new-age hooey, there isn't a whole lot that hints to her offering effective treatment. Urging body positivity to people who are somewhat overweight is one thing. To urge it for someone who is so obese that she's suffering from serious health issues and her weight is preventing her from living the kind of life she wants to isn't a kindness. 

I know that she doesn't want it, but Whitney desperately needs a therapist that isn't going to coddle her and insist that she's wonderful the way she is. And if she's on psychiatric medication, she needs to be monitored. Especially since she's been non-compliant with her treatment and inconsistent with taking her meds. This isn't something that should be done with the occasional video session. Whitney needs to be in serious, long-term threapy.

• Love 4

I'm sorry, do we just not assume adults in committed human relationships just like, have sex? Like, I haven't actually discussed sex with any of my friends/family with children, but I assume they are fucking. And I assume they assume I have sex with my husband, which I do.

Edited by John M
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 10/7/2020 at 5:36 PM, Snarkastikate said:

Yikes.   None of this sounds Dadwe approved at all.  She's really gone far afield from her early days of BGDC, which I thought was actually a pretty decent idea.  Oh well.  Try as she might, she can't keep this show going much longer I think without a breakdown of some kind.  But I guess that depends on how many actors willing to do outrageous things to/with her can be hired and whether it will be enough of a trainwreck to make it worth watching.   

It seems to be in the throes of desperation at this point. I was once a pole dancer so I'm am pretty open when it comes to sexuality, but something about Whitney makes everything seem less alluring--perhaps because she's shown to be so damn fake over the years we've been watching her. 

This show went from an interesting concept to filming a woman who pees in hot tubs. Now, it's sex toys. For Whit it'll probably be sex toys while peeing in a hot tub. There's just nothing genuine about this show, or Whitney. Sigh. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

That was how I felt during her very brief belly dancing phase. I loved performing that dance form and watching her half-ass her way through and get applauded as being so talented by her parents really rubbed me the wrong way.

I hate how they treat  her like she's a 3 year old, like every single thing she does is so wonderful.  I don't remember what season it was but she did some "dance" that I think was supposed to be ballet related and she literally lifted her left leg behind her maybe a few inches off the ground and was boasting how great it was.  I'm not a dancer so i don't remember the term she used for her "move" but I thought it was pathetic and the few audience members that weren't part of her group looked like they were thinking "WTF did I just watch?" while they clapped politely. 

Oh and congrats on your weight loss!!

Edited by SevenCostanza
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

I hate how they treat  her like she's a 3 year old, like every single thing she does is so wonderful.  I don't remember what season it was but she did some "dance" that I think was supposed to be ballet related and she literally lifted her left leg behind her maybe a few inches off the ground and was boasting how great it was.  I'm not a dancer so i don't remember the term she used for her "move" but I thought it was pathetic and the few audience members that weren't part of her group looked like they were thinking "WTF did I just watch?" while they clapped politely. 

IIRC it was supposed to be an arabesque which basically looks like this although there are variations. Whitney’s  foot looked like she lifted it up to step backward. I’m old, have never danced, and have an ear problem that affects my balance and I can do better than what she did. 

40AEE03D-F850-412C-A734-4496547D704A.jpeg

• Love 3

Congrats @Hana Chan on your continued success.

Also want to mention that your posts are fantastic and I agree 100% about about this quack she is using only "feeding" her ego.

I wonder in quarantine if Whit learned any new dance moves - probably not - I am tired of the same old same old moves to different songs.  And don't be surprised if she re posts her Thriller Dance from years ago with Todd soon.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SevenCostanza said:

1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

IIRC it was supposed to be an arabesque which basically looks like this although there are variations. Whitney’s  foot looked like she lifted it up to step backward. I’m old, have never danced, and have an ear problem that affects my balance and I can do better than what she did. 

40AEE03D-F850-412C-A734-4496547D704A.jpeg

You mean Whitney’s form doesn’t look the same as the ballerina’s?

29C89096-DC28-46A0-B931-02722F4C2901.thumb.jpeg.e77e0db22e6fecde1a9cd8829472f153.jpeg

Back to SM, Congratulations to Tal and Jon on their two year anniversary!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6