Type keyword(s) to search

Dance Moms Spoilers: Abby is the Worst. Some More Again.

Rhondinella
  • Start Topic

There are two different videos, I went back and looked. They are both about Jill and Kendall and as far as I'm concerned the fact that that idiot Christie would even do that at a meet and greet for laughs makes her guilty of some of the very things that she was always whining about on DM. Sorry, in my book she's a fame whoring bitch and I don't see that opinion changing ever. Like I said though, I was saddened to see Chloe obviously enjoying herself as well. I thought that she was much better than that.

• Love 1

But she's not a trained ballet dancer.  And ballet dancers need to have musicality too.  And I know she's young, but real dancers can move well to any dance form.  The problem is that they were only trained to learn to turn and execute certain moves really well.  Some, like Maddie, will overcome crappy early training.  I don't think Chloe will. 

I don't mind discussion of spoilers in this thread (IOW, this doesn't need to be a thread that only posts spoilers without discussing them) but please do try to keep the discussion about specific spoilers, or speculation based on those spoilers.  Some of this is spinning off topic or are topics that could be discussed in other threads.  Thanks.

• Love 1

So, according to spoilers, Kalani is back, Sarah Hunt returns (who is she, crying daughter of the annoying mega Christian? ), and JoJo from AUDC does at least competition. I liked JoJo a lot, so I'm cool with that. I'd be interested in seeing the boy twins come to Abby's studio because she needs boy team members to shake it up and I don't remember their mom being annoying. Plus, twins. So, why would that not be cool?

Sarah Hunt returns (who is she, crying daughter of the annoying mega Christian? ),

I hate the idea of Sarah Hunt being on the show because she seems exactly like the type of kid Abby loves to pick on. She kind of reminds me of Paige in that sense. She's really sensitive and her mom is awful and will drive Abby crazy and Abby will take it out on Sarah who will cry and then Abby will yell at her even more for crying.

I'm surprised she and her mom are returning since her mom refused to be on the reunion show. Maybe Sarah is competing for Candy Apples? That would be better for her, I think. Cathy is crazy but at least she doesn't appear to be abusive to her students.

• Love 3

according to one site,, I do not remember what site.. ABBY tried to FIRE both CHLOE and CHRISTI from the show.. she was UNABLE to do that.. but was ABLE to kick CHLOE out of her studio.. THEREFORE.. CHLOE does not GET to compete at ANY REAL COMPETITIONS. The 'competitions' we see on TV are 'invitationals' ..

(Invitationals-after the 1st few seasons. DM was having trouble filming at regulair-i.e. REAL competitions.. TMZ has one article, can be googled. Part of it was the EDITING.. Viewers saw 'results' that did not happen, the competitions said that they 'thought the show was about young dancers, NOT ABOUT NASTY MOTHERS', and the filming time-It interrupted the competitions-which took a lot of time to begin with! So, Competition companies started to BAN the show. One company though, came up with these 'INVITATIONALS'-A WIN WIN -because Dance Moms (though I am not saying it) could LIMIT the schools that had TALENTED girls/boys attending.. and limited altogether, the number of kids competing! I went onto a 'dance mom forum- a REAL ONE- created a LONG TIME-before the show-AND they had a few threads about this show, AND these invitationals.. a few of their daughters had attended some-once-they learned-At these-1st the day after-Abby would have a class-which dance competitions/conventions DO sometimes have classes.. BUT.. Abby would do this for the $$$$ A person taking the class would pay the fee, get a shirt and a photo op.. at least 2 of the girls from the show- would be ASSISTANT TEACHERS.. yOU COULD ALSO just be a spectator-of course, for something like $35! The 'competition'? Most competitions-you have an AGE GROUP, then it is broken down to style of dance. (unless the competition is SMALL)..These women on the forum would say their kids would get trophies with the WRONG PLACE on it, the WRONG DATE, the WRONG STYPE of DANCE, etc, etc.. SO, they were handing out USED,2ND HAND TROPHIES!! aND THE SCHOOLS were paying high prices to compete.. and yes, some said these I. WERE FIXED!! -another reason D.M.s went to these invitationals.. at regular competitions.. the girls sometimes would not even PLACE!! NOT GOOD FOR RATINGS)

Anyhow.. EVEN 'NATIONALS ' on DANCE MOMS is not a NATIONAL COMPETITION on the show, but, again, an INVITATIONAL!! I do not KNOW, WHY, for 2 years.. ABBY has thrown CHLOE out of the competition OTHER then SHE HATES her MOTHER!! (AND YES, SHE DOES.. Abby is not the BRIGHTEST TOOL on this planet-Abby has EMAILED people outside of this show-saying things ABOUT CHLOE! yes,  the CHILD) I can only think that she HATES CHRISTI so much that she will not allow CHLOE to have a FAKE TITLE!!

ALDC did go to NATIONALS, a real one but A SMALLER ONE then their usual type-no STARBOUND, etc.. they went to SHEER TALENT this year. in JULY 2014-in LAS VEGAS..here is the RESULT PAGE for pre-teen, teen https://www.sheertalentltd.com/files/nat/2014SheerTalentResultsLasVegasPage2.pdf   Yes, MADDIE is #1, but, you will notice, that #2-is also from ALDC-but a NAME never seen. KARA SWEENEY-Her mother must be NORMAL.. Kendall is there too. Here are the Jr and small results https://www.sheertalentltd.com/files/nat/2014SheerTalentResultsLasVegasPage1.pdf  McKenzie is under Jr with a girl.. not named SARAH.. but one named BROOKE.. (again, never seen).. and under TEENS.. a  name or two I know and a bunch I do not know.. ALDO won A LOT of GROUP, LINE numbers under SMALL, JUNIIOR, PRE TEEN, AND TEEN, but the comp does not put down the names of who competes.. BUT, I do know that CHLOE is not ONE of them.. CHLOE WAS a REAL NATIONAL champion-2 years ago.. but, now- I do not believe she belongs to ANY STUDIO.. Whether they do not have the time, or whether they are not ALLOWED to do so.. do not know..

BUT.. and I am not sure if this is TRUE.. supposedly CHLOE, NIA.. etc.. actually their mothers. have /had a 6 season contract with DANCE MOMS.. Someone said the CONTRACT is up.. I DO NOT KNOW.. (I know 'seasons' are different on CABLE).. and CHRISTI has SAID.. when she is ABLE-meaning that SHE CAN TALK WITHOUT BEING SUED.. she is going to TALK talk talk AND WE (MEANING anyone  who gives an eff) IS GOING TO HEAR THE TRUTH.. or, at least her version of it!!

What is a shame is that she cannot talk .. Nor can Kelly-(-mother of BROOKE?Paige -BTW-Abby is being sued for abusing PAIGE.. but ABBY can talk her mouth off without any problem (even though with the arrest of Kelly, lawsuit, she is not supposed to be talking!!).It should be GREAT TRASH TALK when they do!! Maybe Jerry or Maury CAN have them all on ! Though, if they get into a fight, Abby will KILL them by just sitting on them!!

According to Instagram the ALDC goes up against Club Dance (Kalani's original studio) at some point this season in LA -- the usual rigged Sheer Talent competition -- and win.   I think Kendall beats Jaycee (ha!), and the group wins too.  Looks like Club Dance just did it for fun though, probably fully knowing they wouldn't win since there are pics of all the girls hanging out before/after competition and of Alexa having drinks with Gianna!  I wonder if we'll actually get to see any of the Club Dance dances on the show, it'll be interesting to see how they edit it.  

She's really sensitive and her mom is awful and will drive Abby crazy and Abby will take it out on Sarah who will cry and then Abby will yell at her even more for crying.

And that, my friends, is this entire show in a nutshell.

According to Instagram the ALDC goes up against Club Dance (Kalani's original studio) at some point this season in LA -- the usual rigged Sheer Talent competition -- and win. I think Kendall beats Jaycee (ha!), and the group wins too. Looks like Club Dance just did it for fun though, probably fully knowing they wouldn't win since there are pics of all the girls hanging out before/after competition and of Alexa having drinks with Gianna! I wonder if we'll actually get to see any of the Club Dance dances on the show, it'll be interesting to see how they edit it.

U can't be serious. All for reality tv I guess. Jaycee is one amazing dancer

• Love 1

According to Instagram the ALDC goes up against Club Dance (Kalani's original studio) at some point this season in LA -- the usual rigged Sheer Talent competition -- and win.   I think Kendall beats Jaycee (ha!), and the group wins too.  Looks like Club Dance just did it for fun though, probably fully knowing they wouldn't win since there are pics of all the girls hanging out before/after competition and of Alexa having drinks with Gianna!  I wonder if we'll actually get to see any of the Club Dance dances on the show, it'll be interesting to see how they edit it.  

I went to this taping. Kendall got second place. The Club Dance dancer who beat Kendall was the best of the bunch. I was a bit surprised that Kendall placed above the other two Club Dance dancers, but it wasn't completely far-fetched. The only thing I can think of that was in Kendall's favor was that she had more of a "dance," whereas the Club Dance choreography was more still, and really just showed off their dancers' control and flexibilty.

As far as the group dances, I did enjoy the ALDC group the best. The choreography and music were both very dynamic, and the girls were very cohesive. Club Dance had three group dances (two in the same category as the ALDC), and all were excellent. Their dancers are amazing-- I'm sure Abby wishes she could poach all of them. But I preferred Abby's choreography (which is not something I usually say). So that win seemed deserved (to me).

I went to this taping. Kendall got second place. The Club Dance dancer who beat Kendall was the best of the bunch. I was a bit surprised that Kendall placed above the other two Club Dance dancers, but it wasn't completely far-fetched. The only thing I can think of that was in Kendall's favor was that she had more of a "dance," whereas the Club Dance choreography was more still, and really just showed off their dancers' control and flexibilty.

As far as the group dances, I did enjoy the ALDC group the best. The choreography and music were both very dynamic, and the girls were very cohesive. Club Dance had three group dances (two in the same category as the ALDC), and all were excellent. Their dancers are amazing-- I'm sure Abby wishes she could poach all of them. But I preferred Abby's choreography (which is not something I usually say). So that win seemed deserved (to me).

Thanks for sharing!  Yeah, I heard from someone else who went (no idea of the veracity, just internet) that Bostyn from Club Dance got 1st, Kendall 2nd, and then Jaycee and Brynn came in 3rd and 4th.  Or something like that.  I think Jaycee did "Youth" and Brynn did "Breathe" -- I've seen them both and personally can't imagine Kendall matching it…  but i suppose its subjective, and I wasn't there and haven't seen Kendall's performance, so maybe that would change my opinion. 

So, it appears from spoilers that Chloe may in fact be done, or at least she is so far.  This makes me happy!

Yup, no sign of Chloe! And Nia didn't perform in the group dance I saw, although she was on the stage for awards.

Tessa from AUDC1 has been recruited to compete for Candy Apples to try to beat Maddie. Lose-lose-lose situation as far as I am concerned. Tessa is 14 and a beast. If she beats Maddie so what; what does that prove? And if she doesnt? What an embarassment. And thirdly, she should be in AZ preparing for a real competition (NYCDA) with her home studio.

@pookymam - I'm referring to the possibility.  I have no idea whether Tessa is capable of winning OD (regionally or nationally) or not, I just think that the priorities get bent out of shape when national television exposure is dangled in front of folks.  Also, staying with your team should be honored.

It seems you would have the inside track on Tessa and her capabilities and team.

That may kill the show for me if she did.  She comes across to me as incredibly obnoxious and since she and her family are well aware of her speech problem, why have they not gotten her therapy for it?

• Love 3

What's going to kill the show for me is if they bring the twin boys on board from AUDC Season 2, which is rumored. Sorry but I couldn't understand how those kids ever made it on the show. I know - it's a gimick - twin boys dancing - but really there are a lot of exceptional guy dancers out there to add to the team if that's the way they're headed.

That may kill the show for me if she did. She comes across to me as incredibly obnoxious and since she and her family are well aware of her speech problem, why have they not gotten her therapy for it?

Mama thinks dance and fame should come before school and speech therapy

Mama thinks dance and fame should come before school and speech therapy

How so?  I had to look JoJo up to remember her.  She's an alright dancer, and I think she's on Dance Moms now because a.  She fits the company at this age and size, and b., Her mom will probably bring drama, scripted, or not.  

I do feel many of the moms are stage moms and want fame for their kids, but I don't know enough about this kid to say that her mother has not gotten some kind of speech therapy for JoJo.  Her speech sounds clearer to me, and maybe it's just her growing up, and may be that she has had therapy.  Looking back at her footage from Abby's other show, her attitude, and that of her mother seemed more of a problem than her speech.

• Love 1

How so? I had to look JoJo up to remember her. She's an alright dancer, and I think she's on Dance Moms now because a. She fits the company at this age and size, and b., Her mom will probably bring drama, scripted, or not.

I do feel many of the moms are stage moms and want fame for their kids, but I don't know enough about this kid to say that her mother has not gotten some kind of speech therapy for JoJo. Her speech sounds clearer to me, and maybe it's just her growing up, and may be that she has had therapy. Looking back at her footage from Abby's other show, her attitude, and that of her mother seemed more of a problem than her speech.

It is hard to tell. But Jessa Lynn Jojo mother irks my nerves besides the dm moms. I hope for the sake of her child Jojo is getting therapy but it's hard to tell since we don't know if she is. I just think they're trying to play up her cute factor.

• Love 2

I noticed in some promo ads for their Ireland appearances on Maddie's twitter that Nia is nowhere to be found. It wouldn't surprise me if Holly finally wised up and checked out, especially given her level of frustration so far this season.

Holly's lost all credibility with me. I don't care if she went to Penn and has a doctorate (?). She's just as pea-brained and short-sighted as the lot of them.

Lol, from her website:

"A passionate scholar and advocate for education, Dr. Holly plans to continue her career as an educational consultant and motivational speaker. She sums up her educational philosophy this way: 'It is important for me to raise our youth’s awareness of the world around them from a global perspective, while helping them to shape their own personal code of ethics.'"

I still don't understand why? Why would she risk her job, her success, her degrees all for this bs. The show isn't forever. And she chose the show over her job. Holly out of all the moms is a disgrace

• Love 4

I still don't understand why? Why would she risk her job, her success, her degrees all for this bs. The show isn't forever. And she chose the show over her job. Holly out of all the moms is a disgrace

I have often wondered about this myself.

Its concerning that someone who seems to be so educated could not see through the limited 'opportunities' all these moms spout on about and see the very real potential for damage to Nia.

• Love 1

Especially because being on a tv show that exploits children like this calls into question her credibility in terms of her career. I wouldn't hire an educational consultant who subjected a kid to child abuse on national television and watched it happen to other kids.

Agreed.  The woman has a PhD in Education yet her actions seem to be the opposite of everything about children that her many years of training should have taught her.  If I'm interviewing Dr. Holly for a high powered job in education, her participation in Dance Moms and its level of what most would call child abuse, is absolutely fair game.  The first question would be in regard to her own daughter and the ongoing, routine degrading comments and treatment that she has been subjected to.  Let Holly try to BS her way of that one.  Maybe she would say that none of it was real or that if it was, she was locked into a contract and could do nothing about it.  Give me answer number two and I'd just "thanks, we'll be in touch" and eliminate her from consideration.  I hope that Holly is being paid enough to make this crap worth it to her.

• Love 2

Holly is an idiot and has drunken the Kool aid deeply. I mean all of her student loans must be paid off by now as well as her kids private school tuition. She must know the show is coming to an end and Nia is a weak link. She's never going to get her career back

• Love 2

This show is a mess. I, sincerely, hope EVERYTHING about it is fake.

Holly, welcome to Christi, and Kelly's  'Dance Mom' lives.

How she couldn't see it coming? Abby has been picking, and making fun of, Nia the whole time 'Dance Mom' has aired. She and Jill were, absolute fools to sign up to make Abby their daughters managers (If that's real, and not made up for the show.) I miss the girls talking head comments. The kids are almost invisible, silent  (except for that annoying Jojo girl), and no longer any real part of the focus of the show. I'm left wondering how they feel about the drama going on around them?

Edited by LexiconDevilOne
  • Love 2

How she couldn't see it coming? Abby has been picking, and making fun of, Nia the whole time 'Dance Mom' has aired. She and Jill were, absolute fools to sign up to make Abby their daughters managers (If that's real, and not made up for the show.) I miss the girls talking head comments. The kids are almost invisible, silent  (except for that annoying Jojo girl), and no longer any real part of the focus of the show. I'm left wondering how they feel about the drama going on around them?

I figure that either this "Abby is the kids manager" is pure, fake bunk or it's part of the enslavement contract that these foolish women roped themselves into.  Melissa and Jill are complete morons so I'd expect them to sell their souls to make them, er, their kids stars.  Holly and Kira appear to have much more on the ball so you have to wonder about them.  I didn't see the first two seasons so I can't say whether Abby has always been this much of a miserable shrew or things have changed over the years.  If Miller has been this way all along would anyone in their right mind sell their children away to her and that terrible company that produces this mess?

• Love 1