Type keyword(s) to search

MSNBC

Lisin
  • Start Topic

I saw on Mediaite where today marks the day where the network unveils it’s re-branded/revamped daytime lineup.  I think it is supposed to differentiate between “news” from reporters during the day; and at night the lineup is “opinion”.  But the shows during the day are still the same hosts with the same shows every hour.  So I guess I am not seeing how the lineup is being revamped.  It is still stale.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, annzeepark914 said:

Who is this fellow filling in for Chris Hayes? He's irritating, IMO, and I'm not sure if it's his demeanor, British accent, loud voice, or a combination. 

6 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

Who is this fellow filling in for Chris Hayes? He's irritating, IMO, and I'm not sure if it's his demeanor, British accent, loud voice, or a combination. 

Mehdi's a terrific interviewer. He's like a dog with a bone and usually won't let the guest go without answering his questions.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

I've seen him a few times and I had to change the channel.  I don't care if some people think he's a good interviewer, I find him to be loud, harsh-sounding, and basically annoying as hell.  I will not watch him anymore.

• Love 1

MSNBC I am begging you... have someone on standby for breaking news. Like “standby” in the building; because Chuck Todd is incapable of handling breaking news. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Kemper said:

MSNBC I am begging you... have someone on standby for breaking news. Like “standby” in the building; because Chuck Todd is incapable of handling breaking news. 

@Kemper: thanks for the alert that something big was going on. Re: Chuck? I can't figure out how/why he's still an elite figure/employee of MSNBC.  Isn't there anyone somewhat talented & experienced politically who could finally take over for Tim Russert?

• Love 4
On 3/30/2021 at 7:53 AM, Crashcourse said:

I've seen him a few times and I had to change the channel.  I don't care if some people think he's a good interviewer, I find him to be loud, harsh-sounding, and basically annoying as hell.  I will not watch him anymore.

Thank you.  It really is his insistent tone of voice that is so irritating that I cannot focus on what he is saying, so I just skip that hour.  I noted this over in the "All In" thread, but this seems like the place to find some solidarity!  Hope Chris has had a good week with his family.  

On 3/29/2021 at 5:51 PM, annzeepark914 said:

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, freddi said:

Thank you.  It really is his insistent tone of voice that is so irritating that I cannot focus on what he is saying, so I just skip that hour.  I noted this over in the "All In" thread, but this seems like the place to find some solidarity!  Hope Chris has had a good week with his family.  

That's it...his "insistent tone of voice" that was such a turn off for me. So glad he's not taking over any shows!

• Love 3
On 4/2/2021 at 6:14 PM, annzeepark914 said:

That's it...his "insistent tone of voice" that was such a turn off for me. So glad he's not taking over any shows!

I think he has his own show on the weekend. Can't imagine listening to him for an hour.

• Love 1
On 3/13/2021 at 6:52 AM, tres bien said:

I don't tune into Nicolle anymore because she makes me dizzy.  She has an annoying head tick that I can't get past. She ought to study herself on tape

It's worse now. She's doing it *all* the time so it has become a very bad, irritating habit. I'd tell her to stop doing it but MSNBC doesn't provide a way to communicate with them 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

It's worse now. She's doing it *all* the time so it has become a very bad, irritating habit. I'd tell her to stop doing it but MSNBC doesn't provide a way to communicate with them 

I watch her all the time & have never noticed "it".  I'm very conscious of ticks, but Nicolle doesn't have one that bothers me.  (Different strokes???)

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I watch her all the time & have never noticed "it".  I'm very conscious of ticks, but Nicolle doesn't have one that bothers me.  (Different strokes???)

Initially, I didn't notice it (or when I did, it was so infrequent & subtle that I just didn't really notice it, much). Now, that swift jerk of her head is way too frequent. So she either needs to get a daggone headband or a haircut (new style) so she won't have to keep jerking her hair back off her face. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'm so sick of pageant hair and unprofessional attire--on certain female TV news people. When I think of the crap that women endured in the early days (heck...the 70's & 80's even), trying to make it in broadcasting news--Barbara Walters, Jessica Savage, etc., it really bothers me to see such casual clothes. We sure don't see the men wearing anything but suits & ties.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, annzeepark914 said:

I'm so sick of pageant hair and unprofessional attire--on certain female TV news people. When I think of the crap that women endured in the early days (heck...the 70's & 80's even), trying to make it in broadcasting news--Barbara Walters, Jessica Savage, etc., it really bothers me to see such casual clothes. We sure don't see the men wearing anything but suits & ties.

Have you gotten a gander at the female reporters on ESPN and The Weather Channel? It is sad.  Alex is the worst example on MSNBC...at least the worst that comes to mind.

• Love 1

Major announcement for those of us driven crazy by Nicholle's head flipping: she's got a slight hairstyle improvement!!  Her hair style now sits farther away from the left side so she no longer has to "flip it" away. There used to be a poster at this forum who would give us updates at MSNBC. I wonder if that poster got the word to Nicholle.  Hmmm. If so, thanks a million for passing on the word.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Steve Kornacki was part of NBC's coverage of the Kentucky Derby today. His pick was 12-1 longshot Medina Express.

He made a lot of money.

• Love 11

It's nice to see Steve outside. During the election, it seemed like there were weeks when he was either on camera or probably sleeping in his office. 24/7.

• Love 4
(edited)

Joy Reid's smackdown of Tucker Carlson was EPIC. Every time she called him "Tuck'ems", I completely lost it. It was glorious!!! 🥰🤣😂 Speaking of glorious, I'm happy for Steve Kornacki. As Ali Velshi once said, the man is a machine!!! 😎😊

Edited by catlover79
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Joy Reid's smackdown of Tucker Carlson was EPIC. Every time she called him "Tuck'ems", I completely lost it. It was glorious!!! 🥰🤣😂 Speaking of glorious, I'm happy for Steve Kornacki. As Ali Velshi once said, the man is a machine!!! 😎😊

Wha...??? Did they have an encounter? She's not my cup of tea, but if she put that treasonous, nogoodnik down...she's OK!!!!!!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, annzeepark914 said:

Wha...??? Did they have an encounter? She's not my cup of tea, but if she put that treasonous, nogoodnik down...she's OK!!!!!!

He's been calling her "The Race Lady" on air and online and she clapped back on her show last night. Google their names and you'll find the video clip from last night's show. It's so worth the watch!!!

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

He's been calling her "The Race Lady" on air and online and she clapped back on her show last night. Google their names and you'll find the video clip from last night's show. It's so worth the watch!!!

Thanks for the heads-up, I just watched a clip. What a glorious and epic smackdown of that Mothertucker Carlson! I'm gonna have to watch that more than once.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I just watched the clip and, frankly, they both came off as extremely unprofessional.  Joy should have just ignored him instead of sitting there in what looked like her jammies and even bothering to respond to that POS Tucker Carlson.   

On a shallow note, I'm looking at Kasie Hunt right now and I think she wears too much eye makeup and it only highlights the fact that one eye is bigger than the other. 

• Love 1
On 4/2/2021 at 5:04 PM, annzeepark914 said:

@Kemper: thanks for the alert that something big was going on. Re: Chuck? I can't figure out how/why he's still an elite figure/employee of MSNBC.  Isn't there anyone somewhat talented & experienced politically who could finally take over for Tim Russert?

I'll be honest, I don't get the nearly universal veneration of the late Tim Russert. He might have been marginally better than Chuck Todd, but IMO both are/were terrible at their jobs. The only difference is that Todd folds after the first bit of pushback from a guest, whereas it took Russert maybe 2 or 3 attempts before he gave up and moved on. But the general game for anyone who appears on these shows is usually the same: 1. Answer a different question than the one that was asked; 2. Deflect to a "what about" statement; 3. Filibuster until the clock runs out at the host gives up.

The ONLY person on any network that I've seen who is good at pushing back is Mehdi Hasan. He does not relent and he doesn't let his guests play him.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Eliot said:

The ONLY person on any network that I've seen who is good at pushing back is Mehdi Hasan. He does not relent and he doesn't let his guests play him.

Did you see him grilling the former T**** cabinet member last night? He was on fire. It was glorious!!

On a happier note, congrats to Katy Tur on the birth of her daughter!! It's nice to have a bit of happy news like that. 

Edited by catlover79
  • Love 6

Yasmin V. is downright rude.  I saw her a few days ago, I forget who the guest was, but he struggled to answer the question because she kept interrupting him.  Hasan is rude, too.  I don't believe in being rude, simply because you don't like the answer.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

Yasmin V. is downright rude.  I saw her a few days ago, I forget who the guest was, but he struggled to answer the question because she kept interrupting him.  

I know what you're talking about. She was interviewing someone on her Saturday show and I noticed her hostility to the guest (I don't remember who he was, either). I was a bit taken aback. Before that, I never had a problem with her. I thought her reporting on the insurrection - literally when she was in the middle of it - was top notch.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

Elouise Judy Bear Dokouplis, brand new daughter of Katy Tur. Not sure if I spelled the first & last names correctly :>)

Congrats to her and family. I sense some family names in all of that; love it.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, HyeChaps said:

He is scheduled to be on The View Wednesday.

I would almost pay to see that.

We all need to feel good that maybe some of the week worst of this past year-and-a-half is behind us. At least for now. So please, Network...insist that your on-air people come back to the studio and cease broadcasting from their homes. Unless there is a health reason. Wanting to live in another state for tax purposes means that your hosts are not invested in your network and have gotten “way above their raising” ... difficult as it may be for you to do. There are loads of talent that would jump at the chance to put out an informative, entertaining show for 3 hours a day. Local news stations do it every day, 2-3 hours a pop. They cover it all...breaking news, both local and national. Weather, sports, crime, fires, water main breaks, Governor press conferences, tragedy and comedy, the mounting local, state and national COVID crises. They make you laugh, cry and keep you connected.

• Love 5

Now that you mention it, I'm surprised that programs like Deadline White House are still interviewing folks via zoom. I did notice today that Jake Tapper had two reporters sitting in the studio with him. I'm sick of looking at the rooms many of the interviewees are sitting in.

• Love 3

I'll never forget the Deadline White House program when Heidi Pryzbyla (sp?) was talking about some international situation and all of a sudden we heard a toddler's whiney yell. Heidi looked shocked/embarrassed, poor gal. It was kinda funny, in a way (well, if you weren't the parent being interviewed on a popular news show).

• Love 3

Ummmm...

On 5/1/2021 at 5:56 PM, xaxat said:

Steve Kornacki was part of NBC's coverage of the Kentucky Derby today. His pick was 12-1 longshot Medina Express.

He made a lot of money.

• Love 2
On 6/4/2021 at 11:52 PM, annzeepark914 said:

I'll never forget the Deadline White House program when Heidi Pryzbyla (sp?) was talking about some international situation and all of a sudden we heard a toddler's whiney yell. Heidi looked shocked/embarrassed, poor gal. It was kinda funny, in a way (well, if you weren't the parent being interviewed on a popular news show).

The other night, Philip Rucker, Pulitzer Prize-winning Senior Washington Correspondent for The Washington Post (in the words of Brian Williams) apologized to the panel for his puppy barking loudly in the background. He too looked a bit embarrassed. 😂 I get a kick out of those moments.

Ari Melber just had his first two in-studio guests on tonight. It was a great sight.

Speaking of Ari Melber, his incessant quoting hip-hop lyrics is driving me up the wall!! Once in a while is OK, but every night??? 🙄

• Love 8

Ali Velshi is LIVE in the studio today for the first time in almost a year-and-a-half!  He seemed enthused and it kind of gave me a lift, thinking some things are coming back; hopefully all the MSNBC hosts will be back in the studio soon.  Other than Joe and Mika, who are allowed to host their Wayne's World show from their home/bunker in Florida.  They are given dispensation for this perk by the Network so they can take advantage of Florida's low tax rates.  I wonder if all the hosts might be able to think of a reason to continue airing their show from their dens/kitchens/home offices.  Dangerous precedent, Network!

• Love 6
16 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Speaking of Ari Melber, his incessant quoting hip-hop lyrics is driving me up the wall!! Once in a while is OK, but every night??? 🙄

The eye rolling emoji is so appropriate, because his guests want to do the same thing.   

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

The eye rolling emoji is so appropriate, because his guests want to do the same thing.   

I know, but apparently he gets really great ratings among the coveted "younger viewers" ... so it will continue.  And I must say, he so loves doing it; and he is a bit of a cutie.  Shallow end of the pool here.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2