Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Don't know how to link yet so I took a screenshot.

Did anyone see Christina's bad jump split? Maybe it was just poor timing and she really did make it all the way up there, but based on our previous knowledge of her flexibility issues, this makes me cringe. 

Snip20170820_14.png

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, FutureDCC said:

Did anyone see Christina's bad jump split? Maybe it was just poor timing and she really did make it all the way up there, but based on our previous knowledge of her flexibility issues, this makes me cringe. 

Snip20170820_14.png

Looked like to me she was slightly ahead in the jump up. Hard to freeze frame/slow motion it that slowly, and not see the faces in the camera. Afterall- Jenna, on one side, and Alexandria ( I think) on the other- neither appear to be put off balence by the sudden lowered arms.

Edited by maineborzoi
2 minutes ago, FutureDCC said:

Snip20170820_14.png

Oh my....that's terrible. I know it's all so fast, so this probably isn't really visible in real time, but her back foot appears to be almost touching the turf. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, maineborzoi said:

Looked like to me she was slightly ahead in the jump up. Hard to freeze frame/slow motion it that slowly, and not see the faces in the camera.

This is a screenshot of a still photo posted on the Cowboys website, not one I took from a video. 

7 minutes ago, JerseyGirl said:

The ex-Jets Flight crew:

Ok, Tara is freaking GORGEOUS. She reminds me of my favorite blonde DCC's from the 2000s. 

Christina could've really injured herself or one of her teammates. I wouldn't let her back on the field for the opening number until she can do it properly 30 times.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

Yuko is on the team because 1) she's Asian and 2) she allows Kelli to say "we have girls from other countries on the team!"  If it weren't for those facts, she'd have NEVER even made training camp.  

i completely disagree with you....  part of me wants to do a 'leave yuko alone' video a la britney spears' crying fan, but alas i am not a pretty crier... it wouldn't be enjoyable for you or me  :)  .....  i love Yuko.  i think she is a dynamic dancer - and her English is significantly better this year than last.   Her nationality doesn't event come into play with my fondness for her.  K&J like her - so that's good enough for me... She's a great dancer and earned her boots.

• Love 8

Yikes...I bet she is going to get called out for that. I really wish they would do something with Milan's hair because it does not look good with her facial features and shape. She needs to have a shorter hair do, better color, and bangs in my opinion. The poor girl looks ten years older. Why do the girls have to look the same when it comes to hair.

Just now, ahndreeeah said:

i completely disagree with you....  part of me wants to do a 'leave yuko alone' video a la britney spears' crying fan, but alas i am not a pretty crier... it wouldn't be enjoyable for you or me  :)  .....  i love Yuko.  i think she is a dynamic dancer - and her English is significantly better this year than last.   Her nationality doesn't event come into play with my fondness for her.  K&J like her - so that's good enough for me... She's a great dancer and earned her boots.

Dude I agree. We can start the leave yuko alone fan club! 

1 minute ago, JerseyGirl said:

Here's a photo of rookie Lexie:

She's hot too! I love all the blondes this year! #blonde

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

I wonder when the new twitter accounts will be posted for the new DCCs?

new twitter accounts went live last night.....  search for dcc_their first name ... and they should pop up.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, maineborzoi said:

I hope this link works-

For those that questioned how Allie and Raylee did on their solos etc, DCCMTT just posted this video on facebook..

Thank you for posting this - it clears up a lot.  wow.

• Love 2

Raylee's solo wasn't all that and certainly not worthy of a vet, especially a two-year hoping for a third year.  Her look wasn't all that great either as that ombre wasn't all that great, especially if it was intentional.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I really wish they would do something with Milan's hair because it does not look good with her facial features and shape. She needs to have a shorter hair do, better color, and bangs in my opinion. The poor girl looks ten years older. Why do the girls have to look the same when it comes to hair.

THANK YOU! oh Milan as a blond drives me crazy.  i thought she was gorgeous when they made her a dark red/brown.  So much more dynamic....  that shade of blonde is not doing her any favors..... it washes her out completely.

And wow.  the twitter accounts did go down.  I checked them all out last night.  Weird.

Edited by ahndreeeah
  • Love 3

I loved KaShara's "these shorts are shorter than my attention span" comment. It was very quick witted and showed a keen sense of humor. Most TCCs just squeal. Her Instagram pics rarely show her in "glam" look-at-me form, but rather focus on friends and family. Don't see what's wrong with that.

That girls have a strong desire and want to thank God for their fortune - nothing wrong with that either. We see the comment over and over on their posts, so we get the repetition. Each girl has only said it once.

• Love 20
15 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Is anybody else getting sick of that HandsClap song the DCC have danced to? That thing is going to get worn out real quick, real soon. I would rather hear Rhianna sing SOS from 2006. 

Yes. It’s an awful song.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, JerseyGirl said:

Lacey's body looks amazing.   I liked her old nose better though - however, she sure got her money's worth - her nose is like half its old size. 

14 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Allies fall was part of the choreography. 

Yeah - that's a popular dance move that she performed fine - how they edited things to make it look like it was a mistake/fall is annoying.  

Her hair wasn't helping her case for coming back.

• Love 4

This is the image on KaShara's insta story I was referring to. Fake mustaches.. really? It's culturally insensitive and not cute. It seems like one of the first rules of social media should be to stear away from posting anything that could be interpreted as appropriation of minority cultures. Especially with not that much diversity on the team. It comes across as ignorance.

IMG_1131-1.PNG

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, FutureDCC said:

Snip20170820_14.png

Omg...who is that to the left of her in the photo?  They need bigger shorts and probably to be on weight warning. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, dccfan13 said:

This is the image on KaShara's insta story I was referring to. Fake mustaches.. really? It's culturally insensitive and not cute. It seems like one of the first rules of social media should be to stear away from posting anything that could be interpreted as appropriation of minority cultures. Especially with not that much diversity on the team. It comes across as ignorance.

IMG_1131-1.PNG

Wow - that's really in poor taste. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Smplsimon said:

The "Thank you to the Lord!" and "The Lord has other plans for me" crap really gets old, no?  Given how messed up the world currently is, if God gives two shits who does or does not make the DCC, then his/her priorities are REALLY messed up!

Not to mention, don't tell me this is a real job and then go on and on with the stuff. 

Most "real" jobs want you to avoid that.

6 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Wow - that's really in poor taste. 

This is as bad as what Whitney did, and in this currently climate is exhibit A that none of them have all that much common sense.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, JerseyGirl said:

Tasha actually looks great - maybe she slimmed down in TC?   I hate to say this, but Kashara looks really wide in those shots of her at point - I'm sure it's the big screen doing it (you can tell in general they all look wider) but she reminds me of Amy T. size-wise.

Who was that brunnette they showed after Tasha? - was it Miranda?  Whoever it was looked pretty.  

57 minutes ago, JerseyGirl said:

Here's a photo of rookie Lexie:

I remember Kelli saying, a couple seasons ago, that her dream candidate would have "long,lean American thighs"; it appears that Lexie is a poster girl for them!

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Simone's solo. Not impressed with it especially since she is trying out for her third year. This does not say third year vet to me.

Yeah - I'm not impressed at all either - gosh, this wouldn't even place at most dance comps my daughter attends.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Tootie said:

I realize there are several All Stars at the game, but I mean, who is the other All Star performing with them?  The only one I see here is Claire.

Sorry I got confused! I thought that tess?bess? next to her has also retired. Goes to show how memorable I find half of them team :p

1 hour ago, ahndreeeah said:

new twitter accounts went live last night.....  search for dcc_their first name ... and they should pop up.

They must not be finished setting them up. I found at least 2 that weren't there, and of course Holly's is still active.   

I wonder if the slow updates are intentional for the show or they're just not priority. 

Lauren's hair looked so much better with the looser curls in her cameo than how she usually styles it with those intense curls. Take note of what the expert stylist does, lady! 

I predict Christina as a one and done. That photo of her in the jump split does not bode well for her. 

I'm chomping at the bit to find out what happened with Erica. From what I read here about recent social media activity--likes & comments--it seems she's #TeamHolly and a little bit salty. 

Jenna brought that extra pop back to the triangle, though Cersten was certainly holding it down at HOF. I think Jenna is a better point girl than KaShara but I get that this demotion is part of her punishment. Hopefully that doesn't last all season, or, if not, KaShara brings a little extra to the fore. 

Most of the cameos look great, much better than the past couple of years I think. Molly is insanely gorgeous!  I think she's one of the prettiest rookies. Is she the rookie TCC who cheered at Oregon?  

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I predict Christina as a one and done. That photo of her in the jump split does not bode well for her. 

I must say I cringed seeing Christina's jump and hope her excitement in getting her long-held desire to be a DCC caused her to leap early during her first game day jump split. She worked so hard for this, I really want her to succeed. :(

Edited by KatebytheSea
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, KatebytheSea said:

I noticed that Allie, Raylee and Heather H's DCC Twitters are down, but Holly's is still up.  Erica's is as well. Guess DCC is waiting till those separation eps air...?

The first three have been down since a few days after they were cut, but yeah I guess they're waiting for Holly and Erica situation to play out on TV before taking them down. I don't really see the point in that. They're locked but just sit idle and what not..

1 hour ago, dccfan13 said:

IMG_1131-1.PNG

This is not and will never be ok. If she were my group leader I'd say a big 'screw you' and not take that picture. I'm surprised Selina even took it.

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 10
40 minutes ago, KatebytheSea said:

Looks like a bunch of college age kids partying.  Personally, I choose not to read "racism" into everything everyone does.  But to each his own

It's racist. And it is dumb as hell to put on social media. You can chose to not read into it if you want -- that doesn't change an indisputable fact. They can be doing something racist and also be unaware, because again, not rocket scientists.

I thought we established that DCC are supposed to be better that regular college kids?

• Love 10
1 hour ago, JerseyGirl said:

I noticed in this video as well as another video on the dallas cowboys Snapchat, kalyssa flips her hair right as she passes the camera. None of the other girls did it.

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, KatebytheSea said:

Looks like a bunch of college age kids partying.  Personally, I choose not to read "racism" into everything everyone does.  But to each his own

I agree that it looks like some sorority girls, though I don't think that's a good thing in this case. Looks like one of those photos that has gotten several frats and sororities in controversies over the last several years. I seriously doubt that the intention was bad (I don't follow Kashara on social media, so I can't comment on past posts that another poster alluded to), but I wouldn't repeat this theme - at the very least, ditch the fake mustaches.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Yikes...I bet she is going to get called out for that. I really wish they would do something with Milan's hair because it does not look good with her facial features and shape. She needs to have a shorter hair do, better color, and bangs in my opinion. The poor girl looks ten years older. Why do the girls have to look the same when it comes to hair.

Thank you!  Milan needed bangs from the start.  Her hair is the worst.

• Love 1