Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

i don't think an ungodly amount of time was spent on Dayton. They always give legacies a spotlight, but hey featured a few girls.

If the legacy spotlight thing were true we'd know who the second legacy candidate was. LOL

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Dccfan126 said:

I was coming here to say this. By their own standards, Dayton is "soft". I certainly don't think she is soft, either for a "regular" young woman or a pro cheerleader. But by the standards DCC sets, she is.  If she wasn't a legacy, so would not have gotten to finals -- 12 seasons of this show show us that.

That being said, I get the appeal of "known" TCCs -- whether it is a Cassie who maybe didn't have her best day at semis, or a Morgan who had memory issues but Kitty knew, or a Dayton that might be soft but they know her work ethic.  Known quantities are a safer risk than Susie Off The Street no one knows, even if that doesn't seem fair based on 90 seconds of dancing.

I hear what you're saying, but they've taken plenty of soft girls to finals, and even into camp. Elizabeth Reuters and Grace Lee Sells are top of mind, but there are several others. That said, I don't think she's DCC ready yet but I'm glad she tried out. I think getting the experience was very valuable. 

The other interesting dynamic is that Kelly mentioned Dayton is friends with her daughter, so even if Dayton didn't have her best day, they likely know what she's capable of doing. We've seen many times where a gal gets passed to a later round based on reputation or how they're known in the dance community. I think that's why they do the judges tally and then meet again with just K, C and J. 

Nepotism and such doesn't bother me in this environment as much as it would others. A dance community isn't that big to start with, so you're going to have people tripping all over each other anyway. And we know that Dayton didn't make Camp, which would probably be the biggest objection in the end. They don't take a finite number on each round, so I don't think she took someone else's spot. 

• Love 1

Yes, Titan's Briana is adorable, has such a great personality, a shame her dancing isn't as good. I was impressed by Christina - the short blond hair do makes her more dcc glam than she was in TC in 2014, and she is very well spoken. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, SanLynn said:

If the legacy spotlight thing were true we'd know who the second legacy candidate was. LOL

The legacy is a daughter of another DCC, Shelly mentioned up thread. I think when Razzle was talking about legacies, she was really mentioning daughters of Judy, Kelli, Charlotte...that sort of legacy not just legacy in general. I know Victoria would be considered a legacy like Dayton to me because her mom is friends with Kelli.

7 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

What did Sydney do?

i don't think an ungodly amount of time was spent on Dayton. They always give legacies a spotlight, but hey featured a few girls.

Didn't Sydney leave before the end of year because of that movie she made whilst she was still in contract?

I'm not sure I liked having a whole episide dedicated on prelims, then one for semis and one for finals. I think it's too much,and i would much rather see more about prep classes, off season "duties", calendar shoot, ANG get a bit more into the season like in season 7(9? I don't even remember anymore).

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SanLynn said:

Over the years, they've spotlighted Cassie (Judy's daughter), Meredith (mom chaperoned and has helped with technique), Dayton (Shelly's), Olivia (Kitty's DIL at the time),  Crystal T (sister on team), a few others who weren't related to current staff of some sort. Of course it's a little bit of nepotism, but that's what makes it interesting.  Victoria Kalina will no doubt be featured a little, and Sam Finglass if she ever does decide to try out.

If the other legacy had been a relative of a current employee, or made had a chance to make it, we'd know for sure. Just the mention of another legacy makes it true to me..

6 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

But remember they took Cassie on the first tryout.  That did not happen to Dayton and from what Shelly said, Dayton decided several months before auditions to try out and that they knew it might not lead to being on the team.  I think they gave Dayton a fair chance.

Dayton decided about 4 weeks before auditions. 

• Love 3

I thought the rules was to snark the show not the user. Why is it that Shelly is allowed to get snippy with out retribution from the mods. 

Not everyone is going to like everything about the show OR dcc and that is absolutely fine. People have differing opinions about everything and everyone can have their own opinion. If you want to defend your show or decisions this forum may not be the best bet when the mods are suppose to allow differing opinions. Dont bite the hand that feeds you. The show is popular because people watch it and have differing opinions. 

• Love 12

Since we don't really know much for certain about the Holly-Jenna sitch, I won't really comment on that, but as for the critiques that it's not fair to hold the DCC to different standards from the players, I guess my feeling is that I don't think it's reasonable to lower DCC standards to the level that some players are held to. That said, I think a lot of the players really are standup men of high character.

As for the picture @SHELLYB shared of the TCCs watching the premiere, that must be a pretty intense, surreal, and exciting thing to revisit the auditions when you don't know if you've made the team. I don't know what is going on with the line below here--it won't let me delete it for anything! 

As for the picture @ShellyB

3 minutes ago, WichitaStateShock said:

I thought the rules was to snark the show not the user. Why is it that Shelly is allowed to get snippy with out retribution from the mods. 

Not everyone is going to like everything about the show OR dcc and that is absolutely fine. People have differing opinions about everything and everyone can have their own opinion. If you want to defend your show or decisions this forum may not be the best bet when the mods are suppose to allow differing opinions. Dont bite the hand that feeds you. The show is popular because people watch it and have differing opinions. 

Didn't catch any snark or snippy from her post, but as much as she's tagged in countless posts to give some insight would give her reason enough to address criticism however she wants imo.

• Love 6
Just now, HowdeeDo said:

Didn't catch any snark or snippy from her post, but as much as she's tagged in countless posts to give some insight would give her reason enough to address criticism however she wants imo.

Fair enough if that is your opinoon. To me, She is a board member not the end all be all. We all deserve to be treated with respect and that post was definitely talking down to us. She attacked someone who stated their opinion. 

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, hypeman said:

@ShellyB You and Dayton were great. Don't listen to the haters.

Anyway, can you say if Holly is still on the team?

Hahahaha! Thanks for the love....everyone has their favorite and it's asinine to think people would love D just because. It's part of the dance world. It's more protection and momma bear syndrome when generalizations are thrown out about the team without solid info, which can be hurtful to to those busting their a$$e$ to be on the team. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ATLGirl said:
3 hours ago, Law Mom said:

And finally: that bingo game needs a “world class” space for sure.

I'll tell my hubby to get to work on that!?

He has "uniform" on twice, so all he has to do is replace one of them with "world class" and we're set!

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, WichitaStateShock said:

People bust their butt every day to do any type of job. Writing a dissertation sure wasn't easy. Rumors are going to be part of any industry. Sometimes it is better just to let the rumors be. 

Absolutely to both of your points! I should have said comparing the two groups  of women is nonsense. One is a talented group of women that dance in the NFL and make appearances all over the world, the other serves hot wings.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Absolutely to both of your points! I should have said comparing the two groups  of women is nonsense. One is a talented group of women that dance in the NFL and make appearances all over the world, the other serves hot wings.

And many of those women are doing it to work their way through college and a professional career. 

• Love 9

I think that's a really judgemental comment, but I won't elaborate further since calling out other posters is forbidden 

4 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

And many of those women are doing it to work their way through college and a professional career. 

Yep! Not knocking the work or what path people follow, just nonsense of comparing....not the same industry.

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 3

Wow it got super negative in here. I appreciate having Shelly on the board. It forces me to remember these girls are people not characters on a tv show. And yes they presented themselves to be looked at and discussed, i remind myself that they are real and they can read this. There is not an entertainment industry around that doesn't run on connections. A majority of Hollywood is on there because of who they know. It works that way on a collegiate level. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, WichitaStateShock said:

It is ironic though because Hooters women wear more clothing than dcc. Also, they serve some of the same purpose. No need to beat around a bush...they are both eye candy. Hooters women probably make more money too.

Very possible, since having a full time job or being a full time student is a requirement. DCC is not designed to be a sole source of income. For those that have cheered, it is more about the love of performing, the unique experiences it brings and the lifelong friendships it creates. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ShellyB said:

Very possible, since having a full time job or being a full time student is a requirement. DCC is not designed to be a sole source of income. For those that have cheered, it is more about the love of performing, the unique experiences it brings and the lifelong friendships it creates. 

Definitely understand that. I was a Division 1 college cheerleader (actual cheer not dance). Did it for the love of the sport not the lousy scholarship. Luckily, I had academic scholarships.

Edited by WichitaStateShock
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, dana f said:

So who has been cut so far from training camp?

Question mark on Taryn because she hasn't been confirmed but was rumored to be crossed out on Kelli's list. 14 girls left as of last night. 

IMG_1916.JPG

IMG_1917.JPG

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Question mark on Taryn because she hasn't been confirmed but was rumored to be crossed out on Kelli's list. 14 girls left as of last night. 

IMG_1916.JPG

IMG_1917.JPG

Taryn was the video from Jenna at training camp last night. Brennan has been cut

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Taryn was the video from Jenna at training camp last night. Brennan has been cut

Ah, I liked Brennan. I thought she looked great last night. 

• Love 1

I have loved this forum for months so thanks for keeping us from drowning in the waters of bored, and deeper bored. I am grateful for the info. On that note, I was hoping Sheridan would have come back. She was so darn cute last year.  As far as the whole Holly P and Jenna thing. I really have never liked Jenna. Something about her build has kind of always seemed a bit odd. All leg no torso way. But in the last year I have noticed her dance style be more of a ""look at me, I am better than everyone else" in a bad way. Maybe I am saying it wrong. An entitled way. Its almost as if she stayed on to get out from under Jennifer's shadow and finally get all the attention she did. More than just being point, but being the main face and voice of the squad. Listen I respect these women, and am in awe of fulfilling the hefty depth of being a DCC. It urks me for there to be any Mean Girl crap. If I had a daughter in DCC, I would want her to gain friends who only enable the best, not the worst of her. Rant over... love these ladies and respect is all I have. Thanks Shelly and DCCfan

On 7/5/2017 at 10:31 AM, heatherrrrz said:

Sometimes they post on snapchat, maybe they'll do both insta stories and snapchat this year

I am a newbie when it comes to insta stories. Where do I go to see these?

2 hours ago, twinkietwin94 said:

I had to wait tables and work through college. I have an M.Ed now. People looked down on me all the time. While it was a step in my career path, but some of the greatest people I knew were in that field. Same with teaching. Also with healthcare. I've been sick af for six years and almost died three times.  I don't think it's fair to downplay anyone's career choice. 

There are some who probably find dancing in glorified undies questionable. Again, to each his or her own. It's a matter of perspective.

its kind of like poor Whitney's rbf. You can't change your face. I can't change the fact I have multiple health issues, but I can change how I react to them.

in the end, it's just a cheer squad. I love the Cowboys, and the DCC. I was two minutes from there, and tried to get a hello. No such luck. Will I die if I never see them again? Nah, I'll just always wonder....

i wonder if they attract so many people so they can be on TV.  I have nothing against Shelly either. I've never even talked to her.

20 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

below is the conversation I had with Amazon just now regarding season 12

Vish: Season 12 will premiere on August 3, 2017. ‎11‎:‎52‎:‎32‎ ‎PM

Vish: It will be available on Amazon in 24 to 48 hours after the TV premiere. ‎11‎:‎52‎:‎32‎ ‎PM

Me: Are you sure? ‎11‎:‎53‎:‎01‎ ‎PM

Vish: Well, That's the Policy we have at Amazon. ‎11‎:‎54‎:‎15‎ ‎PM

Vish: Any Series which Amazon provides will be available online 24 to 48 hours after the airdate.

FYI and perhaps you already know this. But Sling TV Blue carries CMT livestream. I watch the show there and the On Demand episodes have slightly more than what I have seen on any other provider so far. I have Amazon and purchase some episodes, but Sling has been even better. Not promoting Sling, just was a means to an end for me. Didn't want high cable bills for one show.

1 hour ago, dccfan37 said:

Thanks, last I heard it was a toss up between the two. I like both, but glad Taryn is still in it.

4 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Dayton decided about 4 weeks before auditions. 

Might be the wrong forum for this but @ShellyB what's the closest to Auditions that you've been aware of someone deciding to try out that actually had a shot and wasn't just doing it for the quick few seconds of screen time  ("have they even seen our uniform?") they might get on MTT?

Edited by DCCFanInKy
rewording and spelling

I haven't seen the new season yet- busy studying for finals for my summer classes, but I have been following this board with interest since the Holly debacle.  Will look forward to how that plays out.

I feel pretty bad for poor Dayton, whose only crime is being related to a former DCC who currently works for the company.  Of course she's going to get more camera time, she has an interesting back story because she's a legacy and people will be interested in her storyline.  I was one of those people who was never too sure Cassie T. deserved to be on the team, but now I'm starting to think people are gonna hate no matter how good legacies are.  Dayton didn't even make the team and people are already accusing her of receiving an unfair advantage and/or favorable treatment.  I for one think she's beautiful and has promise based on the dance videos I've seen posted on social media.  

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Might be the wrong forum for this but @ShellyB what's the closest to Auditions that you've been aware of someone deciding to try out that actually had a shot and wasn't just doing it for the quick few seconds of screen time  ("have they even seen our uniform?") they might get on MTT?

I know there have been girls that have decided within a months time, but the majority of girls prep for several months. I'd have to think about who was late to the party and made the team. Definitely plenty that decide last minute that may be seeking #15minutes, but that's probably detectable from the jump. 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

I know there have been girls that have decided within a months time, but the majority of girls prep for several months. I'd have to think about who was late to the party and made the team. Definitely plenty that decide last minute that may be seeking #15minutes, but that's probably detectable from the jump. 

When you tried how (and sorry for this being wrong thread but I don't know how to move it), how long did you prep before the first time?

1 minute ago, DCCFanInKy said:

When you tried how (and sorry for this being wrong thread but I don't know how to move it), how long did you prep before the first time?

Funny that you should ask. I tried out with my friend to be her support, with very little knowledge of the organization. She had been approached by a former DCC about auditions. I made it she did not. Maybe 2 - 3 weeks before prelims when I decided. It was a whirlwind I landed I training camp. Clueless about everything in the world of DCC, confident in dancing, somehow I made the cut. 

• Love 5

I am trying to find it in the thread....who are the group leaders now as it stands now since the uproar?

23 minutes ago, Darkflame562 said:

I am trying to find it in the thread....who are the group leaders now as it stands now since the uproar?

If it affected anything related to GL, Amy is Jenna's second. Groups will also likely be rearranged from what they were in TC since one group has had more cuts than others.