Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: How Low Can Whit Go?

• Start Topic

Another multi-cat owner here. Four cats, five boxes (3 automatic cleaning Litter Maids and 2 manual scoop boxes). For some reason a couple of my cats prefer the manual boxes, even though they may not be as clean as the auto boxes. I scoop the manuals at least twice a day. I have one cat that sits next to me when I'm scooping and the second I'm done he's dirtying it again. It's like he can't wait to just mess it up, lol.

• Love 1

"And since Tal's family owns the station, it's all kept "in family"."

I am pretty sure Todd's last name is Beasley, but I have never seen or read anything that he or his family is connected to Beasley Broadcasting.

Beasley Radio started out in Bern, N.C. and grew to have stations all over the country. Charlotte is just one of the many.  Their headquarters are in Florida.

The only things I have seen connected to Todd, besides Whitney is his address, a bankruptcy and iirc a marijuana charge.

Edited by Cherrio
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, MegD said:

Why, oh God why does Whitney need to spread her legs and have Roy hold her ankle while doing the "pregnancy pains" machine? She kept alternating between keeping her legs closed and shooting squirrels all over town (as my mother refers to it).

And she really wonders why she can't get & keep a man???  (I figured her spread eagle pose was supposed to be simulating the birth.) She is just so disgusting. Who goes on national TV & advertises she doesn't bathe regularly?  She is one hot mess!!!

Regarding the cat smells - it's bad enough Twit was nose blind & ignored or didn't notice it, but didn't Buddy, Donna or even her parents notice it?  It seemed like it hit Todd like a brick wall when he came in so it had to be bad. (Not just a fleeting odor).  Her house seems so nice -  I love the fireplace & kitchen. But it's a shame she's letting it go by not cleaning it.  She's able to afford a cleaning service. (I realize it's her responsibility to clean up after her cats.)  The previous owners have to be cringeing.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

"And since Tal's family owns the station, it's all kept "in family"."

I am pretty sure Todd's last name is Beasley, but I have never seen or read anything that he or his family is connected to Beasley Broadcasting.

Beasley Radio started out in Bern, N.C. and grew to have stations all over the country. Charlotte is just one of the many.  Their headquarters are in Florida.

The only things I have seen connected to Todd, besides Whitney is his address, a bankruptcy and iirc a marijuana charge.

I did a little digging out of curiosity and while it looks like Beasley Broadcasting grew out of NC it doesn't look like Todd's immediate family has anything to do with it. I'm guessing it is just a common name for the area.

• Love 4

I think any weight loss is good and one of the reason why people feel it is hard to stay motivated is people who say it doesn't matter or who is she to be happy to lose whatever weight. It is also not true that all fat people can lose weight quickly or lose at the same weight. I would be happy to lose 20 pounds because I am unable to lose more than one or two pounds a month no matter what I do.

For those who posted that the radio morning show was a classy, serious program ruined by Whitney: it is exactly what we saw on this episode. Shock jocks and stupid stunts combined with the occasional news story. 

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, John M said:

I did a little digging out of curiosity and while it looks like Beasley Broadcasting grew out of NC it doesn't look like Todd's immediate family has anything to do with it. I'm guessing it is just a common name for the area.

Good to know.  Thanks.  I don't know how to explain the radio station being okay with being part of her storyline then, but whatever.  Heh.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Alapaki said:

And then Whitney's deer-in-headlights response to the Dance-Off challenge, first pretending to not know what a Dance-Off is (really?) and then getting indignant, further belied everything Whitney preaches.  

Whitney doesn't know what a dance battle is? She has a short memory, then.  She seems to have forgotten she participated in a dance battle in that fine piece of cinematography, "Muffin Top" by Fitty Smallz.    

• Love 4

Is it just me that found myself getting angry at Whit teaching her class? She just seems deeply unpleasant to be around.

And Whit, this has nothing to do with "your girls", you are a bad dancer and a worse teacher of your fake class.

Edited by John M
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

For those who posted that the radio morning show was a classy, serious program ruined by Whitney: it is exactly what we saw on this episode. Shock jocks and stupid stunts combined with the occasional news story. 

Did anyone on this board actually post this? I'm pretty sure none of the snarky folk here have that opinion of Maney Roy and LauRen.

• Love 6

It's odd that Roy's co-workers have never seen his GF.  I really don't think he has a GF either.

Why does Whit's cat shit pellets?  I had a rabbit who shat pellets, but my cats don't.

Was Mattie born a male?

ETA: So she only cleans the litter box every 4 days, yet the cats are allowed to walk around on the counters, near the food.  Umkay.

Edited by Honey
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Honey said:

It's odd that Roy's co-workers have never seen his GF.  I really don't think he has a GF either.

Why does Whit's cat shit pellets?  I had a rabbit who shat pellets, but my cats don't.

Was Mattie born a male?

ETA: So she only cleans the litter box every 4 days, yet the cats are allowed to walk around on the counters, near the food.  Umkay.

I thought the coworkers HAD met Roy's GF. I wasn't paying close attention, LOL. If he was lying and doesn't really have a girlfriend, that just means he is REALLY not into Whitney at all.

No clue about the pellets (I too found that odd), but yes, Mattie is transgender.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, sATL said:

Jija is in Charlotte. Whit is in Greensboro.  that's about 1.5 hrs away.

I don't think the participants in Whit class are looking for that much of a challenge in terms of dance. If fitness is the motivation, then I.m sure there's local health club/community ctr/church/ymca who has a Zumba  or low-impact class who could do a better job meeting long term goals. The draw with Whits class is there is probably no or little monthly membership fee. But if they are doing the "fitness-dance" to get in shape, tone, and/or lose weight, 30 days in should be telling that Whit's program isn't the one. I'm still not convinced she is raising heart rates long enough - does anyone in the class wear a heath-watch-monitor ?

If "dance" was their motivation, they would have jumped off of Whit's ship a long time ago. Hell, they could learn more dance moves by watching tv, youtube or getting a dvd.

Whitney's Big Girl Dance class is fake. It is a show plot point, but in reality doesn't exist. From her website, "How do I join Big Girl Dance Class? If you living in Greensboro, NC or the surrounding area, you are welcome to join Big Girl Dance Class. If class is being filmed that day, it is free of charge, but you must be over 18 years old and sign a release. If class is being filmed, the cost is $5.00 per person and all ages are welcome.  All races, sexual orientations, and abilities welcome always! Check the calendar for upcoming classes!"

On the calendar there are no classes. I believe a few people have called Greensboro Dance Theater before to ask more detailed questions and have been told it is only a show thing.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

And yeah, not impressed with a supposed 20 lb loss, seeing as this storyline is in it's second season.  She went back to Will last season, so it's been close to a year that she's been with him.  At least over 6 months. 

I do find it interesting that they didn't show the scale number - like they showed Buddy's or for that matter any other time she has weighed.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Whitney may consider herself to be a professional dancer but her dancers aren't and shouldn't be put in that position.  Whitney's class isn't a fitness class. It's a fun class for big girls. Can't stand Jiya.

But it's that she can't be happy (it would seem) with just doing this class for fun and to give big girls (and the 2 gay guys and Buddy's gf and the tumbling teen and the partridge in a pear tree) a chance to move and have fun and get some exercise in a positive and supportive environment (which is TOTALLY not what Jiya's class is about - I mean, c'mon, it has FITNESS in it's NAME). It could be another in a long line of F**K You's to Whit from the producers after she keeps entering her big girls in these events/competitions. They could have gone to the St. Paddy's Day parade and danced and had fun and "who cares if we win or not because that's not why we're here or what we're about" through the whole thing. Ditto the Faux Folk Festival (self)Invite. This is just for us to go out and have a good time. But Twit keeps pushing her "dance career" and how what a disaster (I think she used the word fiasco) the St. Paddy's performance was (in no small part to her decided to dance last minute not knowing the choreo and not being dressed like the others - sooooooo totes professional!) and puts them in these competition scenarios that goes against -or at least doesn't align with- her self-proclaimed purpose for the BGDC. 

Twit talks out of both sides of her mouth. Whatever will garner her the most attention/sympathy/fans/whatever... 

And I loved how she and Todd and Tal went to Jiya's class (three people) and yet when Jiya and Ty and Tessa and Jazzie (four people) show up to BGDC they're all "Jiya and her posse" like she just brought a big ole gang of people to take over the class. Totally plants and yes, they did show out more than was necessary in the BGDC but that's likely what TLC is paying them to do. I'm kinda hoping that Jiya and the Trophy Wives wipe the floor with the BGDC in the dance off but Jiya does take the role of bitch-rival a wee bit too far. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

I would tend to think it's "real" in the same way the dance class is "real".  The producers get to film her doing funny/outrageous/weird things at the radio station and create some sort of storyline for Twit, and the radio show gets some exposure to an audience that might not have known about it before.  And Manny, Roy and LauRen get some tv facetime and a few extra dollars from TLC.  Everyone walks away a winner!  She's called an "intern" and "free-lancer" so that the radio station doesn't have to pay her and create 1099s and W-2s for her.  And since Tal's family owns the station, it's all kept "in family".

Just because the radio station is part of media group named Beasley (they have radio stations in 8 states) does not mean that it is owned by Todd's family. I doubt that his family is the owners of that media group.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, mamadrama said:

We haven't yet reached the part where TLC buys the McMansion and sends Twit & Company on an all-expense paid trip to Hawaii or some other exotic location. 

There is one mini-scene in the ads somewhere of Twit and Todd in NYC ('cuz ya know how well-traveled she is). I wonder if they drive or fly and if they fly... how many seats will Twit be required to buy for herself and will we get to watch her go OFF on the gate agents et cie OR will it be cut out and we'll all be led to believe that she fit just FINE in one of the narrow coach seats. Oh the suspense!!! The suspense!!!! Be still my heart!! 

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Maggienolia said:

There is one mini-scene in the ads somewhere of Twit and Todd in NYC ('cuz ya know how well-traveled she is). I wonder if they drive or fly and if they fly... how many seats will Twit be required to buy for herself and will we get to watch her go OFF on the gate agents et cie OR will it be cut out and we'll all be led to believe that she fit just FINE in one of the narrow coach seats. Oh the suspense!!! The suspense!!!! Be still my heart!! 

They usually fly.  She actually posted an Instagram video about her flying in a plane (which now of course I can't find it) But she also went to the Southern Women's Show in Birmingham at the beginning of October so I am sure she will use that as an excuse to why they couldn't get many practices in for the dance battle.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Did anyone on this board actually post this? I'm pretty sure none of the snarky folk here have that opinion of Maney Roy and LauRen.

3 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Yes people posted that it wasn't a comedy shock jock kind of show and Whitney was bringing the show down. 

I have no recollection of anyone saying that about the show. What I HAVE seen are posts saying that Whitney acts unprofessional around her co-workers and in the studio. Shock Jock shows are crazy on air. They are all about the on-air entertainment. However, they still run a professional work environment and tend to have completely different personalities off air. Whitney having them feel up her ass while she laid on the floor (which was not on air), admitting that she didn't shower, hitting on Roy, not checking her mic to ensure things were recording while she was at the festival, holding her legs spread eagle while they did the pain test, whipping off her top to reveal her underclothes on various occasions...I definitely feel that these are inappropriate displays of attention-seeking behaviors in a professional environment. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Honey said:

Really? How is that odd? Besides an open company party on what occasion would they have met his GF? And not every office has them, nor are spouses much less much less romantic partners obligated to attend.

I dated a guy for over two years and I think he came up at work maybe a handful of times over that period. I mean it wasn't a secret but there were very limited scenarios in office idle chat that he ever came up. And I'm really not a closed off person at work, it's just limited scenarios of how he would have ever come up. 

Roy has a public persona for work, it's completely understandable why he would want to keep work and his private life separate.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I feel that Whit is pretending to protect her dance team from ridicule, criticism, etc., but, I suspect that she's really afraid that what Jiya is saying is true.  Whit's dance class aren't being challenged and mostly due to Whit's fitness level.  She can't require them to do things that she can't.  So, that brings us back to her contention that she can do anything she wants to do as a fat person.  Obviously, that isn't true, because, she's holding her students back.

Yep, Twit spouts that she's protecting her girls and their "sacred space"-- Jeebus Christ on a cracker!  

Twit did the same uppity voice about protecting her parents when the comedienne sarcastically decried one of Babs' comments.

It's all about how Twit can't teach dance cuz she cannot move enough and her girls are getting short-changed in this fake class. Jiya's got a real class, with real skills to teach. Twit's jealous.

Also, did anyone else notice how many times Twit opened her mouth realllllyyyy wide in surprise during this episode?   It's her go-to acting chops in action. Spreading her legs and bending low in front to show her boobs are her other signature moves.

Edited by Tosia
Trying to get in all the peeves I noticed.
  • Love 4

Please accept my gift to all of you. After watching Whitney and Jiya's classes and linking to the Fitty Smallz video (the horror!), I present an image of a real dance company in their own backyard--Greensboro Ballet!

Greensboro Ballet.JPG

• Love 12
16 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Jiya was rude to laugh during Whitney's class. But that's it. I loved how Todd and Tal loved Jiya's class, LOL. 

During Will's workout, Whitney's "squats" were terrible. She was barely bending her knees. So she isn't exactly "doing squats" with Will. She is just sticking her ass out and pretending to squat, and we all know how much she loves to stick her ass out. I thought her hitting on Hot Guy was characteristically inappropriate. She claims men should be warm for her form 24/7, but here she is hitting on a guy who is so out of her league that he is Jeter and she is a 4-year-old playing T-ball. 

Yes - she is perching on the invisible bar stool rather than sitting in the invisible chair :)

I LOLd that she thought Jiya's class was fake because no one asked questions or fumbled the "choreography" (sorry - for this show I will always put that word in quotes) and then we look over to old Todd just jamming away with no questions or mistakes :)

13 hours ago, sATL said:

Agee. I'm all for exposing Whit to her limitations, but the producers should have picked a more realistic dance/fitness troupe. I think even if Whit was at her "best" , her make-shift group, skill level and style, is too different from Jiya and her OLG (the 3 ladies that came with her to Whit's class). In a dance off- both competitors are doing the same genre w/ rules & guidelines- otherwise its too hard to judge.

I don't think their styles are that different at all - they both are into the hip-hop, twerking and arm pumping - it's just that Jiya's class are good at it and Whit's suck.  Which I'm sure is down to the instructor and her "choreography" - but to compare them in a dance-off is only unfair because we all already know what the outcome will be.  I'm sure there are ladies in BGDC who COULD be good at Jiya's class if they were given the opportunity.

11 hours ago, Cherrio said:

Whitney class is nothing more than one of her frequent farts in the wind.

Hahahahaha!  Love this!

5 hours ago, Honey said:

I agree with other posters who don't find this unusual.  But if he doesn't, I guess he's not the first person to make one up to discourage the inappropriate and overly aggressive person he wants to discourage :)

3 hours ago, Maggienolia said:

But it's that she can't be happy (it would seem) with just doing this class for fun and to give big girls (and the 2 gay guys and Buddy's gf and the tumbling teen and the partridge in a pear tree) a chance to move and have fun and get some exercise in a positive and supportive environment (which is TOTALLY not what Jiya's class is about - I mean, c'mon, it has FITNESS in it's NAME). It could be another in a long line of F**K You's to Whit from the producers after she keeps entering her big girls in these events/competitions. They could have gone to the St. Paddy's Day parade and danced and had fun and "who cares if we win or not because that's not why we're here or what we're about" through the whole thing. Ditto the Faux Folk Festival (self)Invite. This is just for us to go out and have a good time. But Twit keeps pushing her "dance career" and how what a disaster (I think she used the word fiasco) the St. Paddy's performance was (in no small part to her decided to dance last minute not knowing the choreo and not being dressed like the others - sooooooo totes professional!) and puts them in these competition scenarios that goes against -or at least doesn't align with- her self-proclaimed purpose for the BGDC. 

Twit talks out of both sides of her mouth. Whatever will garner her the most attention/sympathy/fans/whatever... 

And I loved how she and Todd and Tal went to Jiya's class (three people) and yet when Jiya and Ty and Tessa and Jazzie (four people) show up to BGDC they're all "Jiya and her posse" like she just brought a big ole gang of people to take over the class. Totally plants and yes, they did show out more than was necessary in the BGDC but that's likely what TLC is paying them to do. I'm kinda hoping that Jiya and the Trophy Wives wipe the floor with the BGDC in the dance off but Jiya does take the role of bitch-rival a wee bit too far. 

First of all, I don't think she even has enough initiative to seek out these "performance" venues - I'll bet it's a production person, who then tells Whit and that's why she's all "We've been invited!"  and then follows up with "No time to practice!  I'm so stressed!"

And what I found hilarious is that when she's invited to a "Trophy Wife" class, she takes Todd and Tal as her back-up :)  Like she doesn't have a group of supposed dancers (Katie, anyone?) who could go there and actually appear to be trophy wives!  

• Love 7
16 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Jiya was rude to laugh during Whitney's class.

Was it rude? Whit's class is not real and even if it was it is not a serious dance class.

Whitney is not capable of nor trained to run a serious dance class, she is running a Jazzercise class for the physically disabled (i.e. her), what's wrong with laughing and having fun in the class, their only legitimate performance was in a parade that anyone was free to enter.

Whit's class even if it was real is karaoke without the drinks and she is as much a dance instructor as the lyrics appearing on screen. 

• Love 6

Late to chime in this time, but of course I am always on the "it's all fake" bandwagon and this episode is no exception.  Jiya is of course a plant, and Whitney acts all shocked, etc. but she deserves the Sara Bernhardt award for melodramatic acting.  Puhleeze, it was probably HER idea to stage some fake "dance battle" and everyone else is reading the script to follow along.  Jiya calls the show at just the precise moment for maximum drama.  Oh please how am I supposed to buy that this is for real in any way?  I don't even believe that what is being portrayed as a live on air-radio show is really being broadcast when Whitney is there.  I don't doubt that they have a real radio show but I wonder if Whitney's so-called "freelance" segments are really being broadcast or if they are yet another fake part of the show.

That said, I was grossed out by the twerking and found Jiya as portrayed to be very unpleasant.  I'd probably like her more when she's not being paid to act like yet another "Whitney heckler" of sorts.  I can't be mad at her for fake snickering in Whitney's fake dance class (fake in two ways - it's fake dance in a fake dance CLASS).

I found a lot to be gross in this episode, from the cat poop and lack of tray cleaning, to the twerking, to Whitney's outspread legs and sweaty head to Buddy's disgusting sneakers and unsanitary/unhealthy look in general.  Those sneakers looked like he had been wearing them exclusively for at least a decade through mud!  The soles were all slanted in the back from over or under-pronation.  I seriously don't get Heather.  I am usually all "whatever floats her boat" about what women find attractive in a man because we can be so accommodating, but I'm having an increasingly hard time buying that Heather is Buddy's real girlfriend.  He looks like he would have a heart attack if he attempted sex anyway.  She is obviously a clean person with some self respect.  Buddy is neither.  She may be a good friend or have an otherwise sexless relationship with him, which may work for her, I won't judge, but yikes!

• Love 9
14 hours ago, Alapaki said:

Someone possessed of the self-confidence and comfort-in-their-own-skin that Whitney would have us believe she possesses would not have taken that bait.  They would've calmly explained "I dance for fun and fitness and don't approach dance as a competition with anyone else.  I respect that others do approach it that way, but that's not me.  I also appreciate that Jiya and I are different people with different bodies and different abilities and there are moves that she can do that I simply can't, although I'd love to be able to.  So, as far as a "Dance-Off", thanks but no thanks".

But when has Whitney ever responded to a challenge with grace, composure or tact?

Exactly!!!!  During that whole scene I was just rolling my eyes, like you know you don't have to do a dance battle, right? Be a grown up. Say no thank you. Ugh, but you know Whitney can't back down from a challenge. Because she has the maturity of a toddler. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, John M said:

Really? How is that odd? Besides an open company party on what occasion would they have met his GF? And not every office has them, nor are spouses much less much less romantic partners obligated to attend.

I dated a guy for over two years and I think he came up at work maybe a handful of times over that period. I mean it wasn't a secret but there were very limited scenarios in office idle chat that he ever came up. And I'm really not a closed off person at work, it's just limited scenarios of how he would have ever come up. 

Roy has a public persona for work, it's completely understandable why he would want to keep work and his private life separate.

I guess I should have said that it's odd to me

She's never showed up at the station?, they don't socialize after work?  Odd, to me.  I hope it turns out that he doesn't have a GF, that would certainly be a slam to whit.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Maggienolia said:

She posted on Facebook months ago that when she's flying for business she asks them to buy her two seats, when she's flying on her own she buys one.

6 hours ago, John M said:

Was it rude? Whit's class is not real and even if it was it is not a serious dance class.

Whitney is not capable of nor trained to run a serious dance class, she is running a Jazzercise class for the physically disabled (i.e. her), what's wrong with laughing and having fun in the class, their only legitimate performance was in a parade that anyone was free to enter.

You chose to quote me even though I said that was the *only* rude thing Jiya did, so I will respond. I teach/have taught many fitness classes. Laughing and talking amongst yourselves is rude to the instructor and rude to the other participants who are trying to hear directions and focus on what's going on. I know her class is total crap, but if they want it to look like an actual class, people don't engage in lengthy giggly conversations during such a class. It is disruptive and rude. That said, I am 100% sure Jiya was told to do that by producers, so I don't necessarily think she is culpable for the rudeness, but it is rude behavior in general.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, DanaMB said:

She posted on Facebook months ago that when she's flying for business she asks them to buy her two seats, when she's flying on her own she buys one.

Look, I'm overweight but I weigh around half of what Whitney does (and I'm significantly taller) and even I find that most airline seats are a tight squeeze. Unless she's flying business class, there is no way that she is going to fit her ass into a single seat. The physics just don't bend that much. Even two seats in economy class would be a tight fit and I don't see Whitney spending her own money on anything other than economy class. So pity whoever has the misfortune of being seated next to her on a crowded flight.

• Love 7
On 2/21/2017 at 10:10 PM, mamadrama said:

I go between cheering Jiya on and rolling my eyes over the fact that she's obviously a plant and has been hired to play the part of the bitchy rival. 

But I think Jiya found TLC and not vice-versa.  She is obviously campaigning for her own reality show. I wouldn't watch. 

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, operalover said:

But I think Jiya found TLC and not vice-versa.  She is obviously campaigning for her own reality show. I wouldn't watch. 

If I were near Charlotte, I'd be wanting in her classes. She may be a plant but I really like her--not enough for her to have her own show, but I'd go to her studio that's for sure. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, operalover said:

Good theory. If so, TLC and UPN is the wrong network for Jiya. Jiya's style is a little too abrasive and provocative for TLC. TLC wants the viewer to be sad/sorry for the main character(s). In Jiya's case - I feel more sorry for her OLGs..."girl you better touch those ankles... you better get low..". If not, she be the first to tell someone, exit stage left. Now, if Jiya has some long dark backstory/sob-story, then maybe.

She would be a better spin-off from one of the RHO* shows . I can see her being the personal trainer for one of the RHO* wives , trying to spice up her body and marriage. Or the RHO* wives taking a class at her center. She might also have more viewership following the Little Woman <city> on Lifetime.

• Love 3

I'm half Twit's size, and I find airplane seats to be a bit... cramped.  And I always feel sorry for the person next to me.  I could only imagine the over-spillage of Twit into the next seat's space.  Or, if she's on an aisle seat, the Twit spillage into the aisle that the stewardesses and other passengers have to navigate around.  Oy vey!

• Love 4

Most airlines require the purchase of a second seat if a passenger cannot fit into a single seat with just one extender safety belt.  In some cases, the cost of that second seat MAY be refunded if the plane is not full.  It's not up to Whitney.  It's up to the airline.

I sure wouldn't want to sit next to her.  More because of her bragging that she doesn't shower than anything else.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

I found a lot to be gross in this episode, from the cat poop and lack of tray cleaning, to the twerking, to Whitney's outspread legs and sweaty head to Buddy's disgusting sneakers and unsanitary/unhealthy look in general.  Those sneakers looked like he had been wearing them exclusively for at least a decade through mud!  The soles were all slanted in the back from over or under-pronation.  I seriously don't get Heather.  I am usually all "whatever floats her boat" about what women find attractive in a man because we can be so accommodating, but I'm having an increasingly hard time buying that Heather is Buddy's real girlfriend.  He looks like he would have a heart attack if he attempted sex anyway.  She is obviously a clean person with some self respect.  Buddy is neither.  She may be a good friend or have an otherwise sexless relationship with him, which may work for her, I won't judge, but yikes!

I'm with you Snarklepuss. I couldn't even finish the episode this morning (I dvr'd it). It was just too much of a cringe-fest for me. Fake drama, fake friends, filthy house, dirty people - no thank you.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Most airlines require the purchase of a second seat if a passenger cannot fit into a single seat with just one extender safety belt.  In some cases, the cost of that second seat MAY be refunded if the plane is not full.  It's not up to Whitney.  It's up to the airline.

I sure wouldn't want to sit next to her.  More because of her bragging that she doesn't shower than anything else.

Yeah, I do not believe that at her current size she can get away with ever buying one plane ticket. Maybe she hasn't traveled on her own dime in years, then, so she hasn't had to test it. She carries her weight in her hips and would never in a million years fit in one coach seat.

• Love 7

Sat beside a heavier woman two weeks ago DTW to TUL. She was so apologetic. I was window, she was middle. She did not need an extender (barely), and was still infringing on my space. No way Twit can sit in 1 seat Coach. Seems like each season is more and more contrived, the whole Jiya arc is awful. So, we had the pregnancy scare, the dance off drama, and next the bi-curious vignette. Snooze fest. I am out, but will continue reading here.

• Love 6

Did anyone else think that her feet looked dirty and/or, more importantly, vaguely discolored, portending circulation problems due to diabetes?

2 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

Sat beside a heavier woman two weeks ago DTW to TUL. She was so apologetic. I was window, she was middle. She did not need an extender (barely), and was still infringing on my space. No way Twit can sit in 1 seat Coach. Seems like each season is more and more contrived, the whole Jiya arc is awful. So, we had the pregnancy scare, the dance off drama, and next the bi-curious vignette. Snooze fest. I am out, but will continue reading here.

Even thought the Jiya arc is 1000% staged, I actually like seeing Whitney contrasted to someone who's plus sized and seems to have some skill at dancing and puts effort into it.  I hope Jiya makes real activity and fitness accessible to plus sized women.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, polandspring said:

Did anyone else think that her feet looked dirty and/or, more importantly, vaguely discolored, portending circulation problems due to diabetes?

I spend my time trying not to look at her feet, because they're so dirty.  Sorry, I didn't notice anything different.

• Love 2

i really wish i could find that video of her on the plane. She is now bashing some LA doctor for sending her fat hate mail. From what i can tell the doctor that supposedly sent this is 77-78 years old. I highly doubt he actually sent it but rather someone used his information. It's a nice distraction from her poor decisions and using this to get sympathy for her. She hasn't even proven this guy actual sent the letter. Ugh. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, AmyB said:

I didn't find the video (yet) but did find her one instragam pic about flying 

Sorry, but I'm a big girl (getting smaller) and I would absolutely complain. It's not "rude", it's wanting to sit in the seat that I paid for. With both my armrests because I paid for them. I didn't pay for 1/2 seat or some other fraction so that she could have extra. Nope, not gonna happen.

• Love 20