Type keyword(s) to search

The Sounds of Our Lives (formerly General Music Discussion)

• Start Topic

I'm not sure why but I had this song stuck in my head this morning so I went looking for a different version from the music video. I've always liked the song and think Rick is still adorable.

• Love 2
On 6/2/2020 at 8:25 AM, Jaded said:

I'm not sure why but I had this song stuck in my head this morning

It's a level 5 earworm, and a flagship member of my "Known Allies of Mambo #5" playlist.  You don't even have to hear that song for it to suddenly be in your head.

So, I was never a huge fan of the hair metal bands even though they were thriving during my teen/college years.  There were songs I liked, and there were definitely videos I liked, but I don't remember spending money buying Poison albums for example.

However, heh, these days I've come to appreciate them for what they are.  I'll have my little Sonos system playing music while I'm working in the kitchen when Pandora will say "You look like you would like to hear a hair metal power ballad right now!" And then I hear the first few seconds of Skid Row fill the air, and me:

turn it up love GIF

• Love 1

Beginning tomorrow (July 1, 2020), U2's permanent new SiriusXM radio station, U2X Radio, will launch at 3:00 p.m. ET on Channel 32 if there are any U2 fans here. I guess the limited channel from the summer of 2018 must have been a big hit.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, AgentRXS said:

18 and Life is an underrated classic:!

I still rock out to that (and "Youth Gone Wild", but especially "18 and Life") whenever it comes up on my iPod.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think the only song of Kim Wilde's I know is her cover of "You Keep Me Hangin' On", and that is my jam!  As soon as I saw her name, I had to pull it up online to listen to it (I have it on some '80s compilation CD).

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I know that one and "Kids in America".

Oh, of course!  I don't particularly like "Kids in America", but it was quite the debut for her; I can't believe I forgot that one. 

• Love 1

This has been driving me crazy, so I hope somebody can figure it out. At the end of this video, the guy is sitting on the couch & the girl comes in and sits down & he says something to her, & she answers. WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY SAYING????????? I've lost count of how many times I've watched it, & no matter how much I turn up the volume, I just can't understand what they're saying. I have no problem after that when she gets the text, but whatever it is they says before that baffles me. Can anybody understand them?

55 minutes ago, GaT said:

This has been driving me crazy, so I hope somebody can figure it out. At the end of this video, the guy is sitting on the couch & the girl comes in and sits down & he says something to her, & she answers. WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY SAYING????????? I've lost count of how many times I've watched it, & no matter how much I turn up the volume, I just can't understand what they're saying. I have no problem after that when she gets the text, but whatever it is they says before that baffles me. Can anybody understand them?

That embedded video played with the CC on, and according to it - which sounds correct to me (her line is clear without, his is difficult to decipher) - when she joins him on the couch, he asks, "What do you want to do tonight?" and she replies, "Honestly, I'm really tired." 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Bastet said:

That embedded video played with the CC on, and according to it - which sounds correct to me (her line is clear without, his is difficult to decipher) - when she joins him on the couch, he asks, "What do you want to do tonight?" and she replies, "Honestly, I'm really tired." 

THANK YOU. The CC wasn't on for me & I never realized I could turn it on or I would have. I've lost count how many times I've watched that part & could never figure it out.

On 8/19/2020 at 12:15 AM, Silver Raven said:

Music for our times.

Avenue Beat, "F*** 2020"

NSFW.

Not into this type of music, but I certainly endorse the premise! What a shitty year this has been.

• Love 1

For any SiriusXM subscribers, I can't believe it as it is not even Halloween yet, and it usually waits 'til at least November, but the Hallmark Christmas station as well as the Holly Christmas music station, have already launched as of today! (Rockin' Christmas has not yet.)

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, GaT said:

Lorde has released the cover for her upcoming album "Solar Power" Yikes. Definitely NSFW.

Hide contents

lorde-solar-power-1623098760.jpeg

If I had a butt like that I'd want to show off too.

• LOL 1
5 hours ago, GaT said:

It's not jut her butt 🥺

I leaned in to check, and I think she's wearing a red thong. Not showing her other bits. Still, if she's got it and wants to flaunt it, I will simply appreciate whatever she wants to share.

Yeah, upon close inspection, the thong is pretty clear.

I feel like if you have to get in close to see whether or not she's wearing a thong, you can't really see much.

But also, I imagine a color choice was made so that the thong isn't obvious at first glance, but it's not skin-colored, so she/viewers can "prove" she's wearing something.

On 6/10/2021 at 9:03 PM, Anduin said:

I leaned in to check, and I think she's wearing a red thong. Not showing her other bits. Still, if she's got it and wants to flaunt it, I will simply appreciate whatever she wants to share.

5 hours ago, janie jones said:

I feel like if you have to get in close to see whether or not she's wearing a thong, you can't really see much.

But also, I imagine a color choice was made so that the thong isn't obvious at first glance, but it's not skin-colored, so she/viewers can "prove" she's wearing something.

I'll take your word for it, I don't want to get that close to Lorde's bits to check LOL

6 hours ago, janie jones said:

Yep. Good old heavily implying nudity, but not actually going there.

• Love 1
(edited)

A few months ago, I watched Ricky Gervais's show 'After Life' on Netflix and the last song on the last episode was 'Among the Living' by a group I was unfamiliar with called The Thorns.  The show was great (waiting impatiently for Season 3) and I'm in love with this song.  It has a very Crosby, Stills, & Nash vibe as does their entire album.  Here it is:  

Among The Living - YouTube

Edited by Gemma Violet
On 6/19/2021 at 9:31 PM, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

I remember how all the girls and women loved Take That, I think they screamed all through the concert,lol. 

This is also a nice version, done during quarantine.  

• Love 1

*takes a deep breath*

Okay.  I hate "Cover Me In Sunshine" by P!nk and Willow Sage Hart.  Like, a lot.

Pop stars, stop putting your kids on your tracks.  They're not talented, and nobody cares.

K, I'm done being a black-hearted asshole.  Carry on.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 7/7/2021 at 2:25 PM, Everina said:

Okay.  I hate "Cover Me In Sunshine" by P!nk and Willow Sage Hart.  Like, a lot.

Pop stars, stop putting your kids on your tracks.  They're not talented, and nobody cares.

I hadn't heard that song, so I just listened to it and the video (Instagram? TikTok?) where Willow sang a bit of it live, and I think she is quite a talented vocalist for her age, yet for some reason I think the song would have worked better with her only joining in on the chorus rather than also having her solo bit at the end.  And I always worry whether kids genuinely have an artistic passion to this degree or just want to please a parent by sharing something with them and the parent runs way too far with it instead of letting the kid be a kid.  But I like Pink's music and the very little I know of her personally, so hopefully this was a fun thing for them to do together.

• Love 1