Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Breakfast in Bed

Nick, Hank and Wu investigate a local hotel after a grisly murder leads to one of its guests who claims to be haunted by a frightening creature in the night. At the Spice Shop, Monroe, Rosalee and Eve continue to research the origins of the symbols on the cloth and may be getting closer to unlocking its mystery. Meanwhile, Capt. Renard continues to be haunted by his past transgressions.

This was just a so-so episode for me. I didn't understand how the 90 pound weakling looking guy was able to overpower and kill a man twice his size. The Alpe  looked like the mucous thingy in the Mucinex commercials. 

So Rosalie and Eve/Juliette figured out something bug is going to happen March 24th. They should ask Diana, she seems to know everything. 

What was that guy in the wheelchair at the end suppose to be?!

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, ChromaKelly said:

Can't the Alpe just take melatonin? Shit it comes in fruit flavored gummies now!

Even a brief line about not being able to process synthetic melatonin would have helped because really this shit becomes unconscionable if you're too much of a lazy asshole to go to GNC. My diet of melatonin drives people insane when I feed. I could just go to CVS and pick some up, but I don't have my CVS card with me. I don't want to pay full price. Walgreens is cheaper, but never has the gummies in stock. So you see Grimm, I had no choice but to feed on their brains.

Why must this show continue to put Monroe in danger? He has 3 kids on the way. They have JuliEve bunking at the loft and getting Juliette-ier by the minute. She couldn't help on the stakeout. I forgot she needed to help out as Rosalee's mapping program mapped the stars.

What was the point of Renard joining BC if he turned around and quit?!  What was the point of Renard running for Mayor if he was never going to share day to day scenes with Hank, Wu, Nick and the other Scoobies minus Adalind/Diana?  

Who even knows? How is it possible that Black Claw didn't have any contingency plans or people who could get to Portland quickly. These takeovers only work 2 ways: fast and quick like a coup or slow and methodical. Black Claw's plan was neither. People aren't going to just accept wesen because their mayor is one. They might accept wesen because their favorite athlete, pop star, or celebrity is one. If there's a sitcom with a wesen and human like an Odd Couple type show, people will start to accept wesen. But this Black Claw bullshit where they secretly consolidate power and then come out will literally only lead to revolution or a civil war. 

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 8

The Wesen storyline was mundane. The Juliet/Rosalee story to decipher the symbols was far better. With only a few episodes remaining, I don't understand why they don't focus completely on the stick, the symbols on the cloth and why the crusaders hid it.

Is Rennard really losing his mind or is there more to it than that? And how will he explain two bodies in the parking structure for the precinct?

• Love 2

Where to start.  It was nice seeing the normal wesen of the week format, but the writers were way too lazy in the story telling.  

What was the point of Renard joining BC if he turned around and quit?!  What was the point of Renard running for Mayor if he was never going to share day to day scenes with Hank, Wu, Nick and the other Scoobies minus Adalind/Diana?  

Why not save awesome Meisner and let JulietteEve die?!  I would have much rather seen Meisner helping the Scoobies decipher the cloth and symbols.  And, it was freaking insane for JulietteEve to be sleeping outside of the bedroom that is shared by Nick, Adalind and their son?!  WTF is wrong with these writers?  Adalind would be trying to manipulate her way back into Renard's life with Diana in tow.  

Now as for the stick, everyone should be working to figure out why the Grimm's hid it in the first place.  We had the Royal's running amok at the end of s4 and BC at the end of s5, while Team Grimm ran around with their heads stuck in the ground.  We're down to seven episodes, so let's not start up some love triangle BS with Nick, Adalind and Juliette!

2 hours ago, djinn said:

The Wesen storyline was mundane. The Juliet/Rosalee story to decipher the symbols was far better. With only a few episodes remaining, I don't understand why they don't focus completely on the stick, the symbols on the cloth and why the crusaders hid it.

Is Rennard really losing his mind or is there more to it than that? And how will he explain two bodies in the parking structure for the precinct?

I doubt the writers have figured that part out, yet.

• Love 1

Poor Skinny Pete!  Wesen made him loose his mind and go kill someone!  Too bad he's in Portland and no longer in Albuquerque because Saul Goodman can't help him now!  Wesen of the week was creepy enough, but the case wasn't that interesting.  New the manager was in on it, and there had to be a reason they had that phone conversation with the owner.  Poor Monroe being used as bait, again.  He really should start billing them.

Renard has decided to become anti-Blackclaw now, much to Ghost Meisner's happiness.  Weird that they got The Glades' Carlos Gomez to show up as a member, only to already kill him off (I think?)  I hope Ghost Meisner is gone though!

My mind wandered throughout all of the symbol stuff, but basically it sounds like Juliette and Rosalee discovered it is some kind of map that involves something in the future?  March 24th, to be exact?  Whatever.

Not enough Wu in this one.

2 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Poor Skinny Pete!  Wesen made him loose his mind and go kill someone!  Too bad he's in Portland and no longer in Albuquerque because Saul Goodman can't help him now!  Wesen of the week was creepy enough, but the case wasn't that interesting.  New the manager was in on it, and there had to be a reason they had that phone conversation with the owner.  Poor Monroe being used as bait, again.  He really should start billing them.

Renard has decided to become anti-Blackclaw now, much to Ghost Meisner's happiness.  Weird that they got The Glades' Carlos Gomez to show up as a member, only to already kill him off (I think?)  I hope Ghost Meisner is gone though!

My mind wandered throughout all of the symbol stuff, but basically it sounds like Juliette and Rosalee discovered it is some kind of map that involves something in the future?  March 24th, to be exact?  Whatever.

Not enough Wu in this one.

Here's the dumb part of Renard joining BC.  Renard told Nick in s5 that BC was threatening his family (Diana was being held at Bonaparte's home) and Nick said kill the people that hurt your family.  So, why in the ever freaking hell, would Renard join BC in the first place?!  Why agree to work with the people that held your kid hostage, especially the child that you have not tried to actively have returned to you by your employee's mother?!  Now, I could see Renard conning Bonaparte and his cronies, while slipping information to Nick, Hank and Wu, but for him to just join this group was stupid, AF.

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

My mind wandered throughout all of the symbol stuff, but basically it sounds like Juliette and Rosalee discovered it is some kind of map that involves something in the future?  March 24th, to be exact?

March 24th is a Friday, and it airs the penultimate episode of Grimm. March 31st is the series finale.

• Love 2

Poor Skinny Pete!

Aww, that was Skinny Pete!  It didn't even occur to me.  I guess his teeth were too nice.

Juliette looked pregnant in this one.  I know the actress is engaged in RL to Nick/David.  Wonder if they are expecting?

• Love 1
10 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Yeah, I had thought initially that Renard was joining BC to infiltrate it. That would have been a much better story.

I agree and thought that was the road the show was taking.  Sigh.  Once Diana was returned is where we should have seen Renard meeting with Nick, Hank and Wu where he discusses cleaning out BC from the precinct and Portland by any means necessary.

6 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I always love when Wu gets to be a smartass.

I hope this wasn't the last we've seen of Meisner! I will miss him taunting Renard.

Whatever happens on 3/24, maybe Meisner and Momma Grimm are alive and well?!

• Love 1

I'm completely over Nick using Monroe and Rosalee as bait. However, I've been hoping that Monroe and Rosalee have been keeping their own version of the Grimm books, which chronicle their perspectives on what they've experienced with Nick. We so rarely see Nick updating his books. I would love it if Monroe's and Rosalee's record was the only one that survived.

• Love 3

Poor Skinny Pete!

Was that really the same actor who played Skinny Pete?

I agree with Quickbeam, it feels like the writers are just running out the clock. The Wesen of the Week stories feel like filler when there are only seven episodes left in the entire series. And it sounds like this big event that's supposed to happen on 3/24 coincides with the airing of the penultimate episode. 

• Love 1

So, we are dealing with some colander from THOUSANDS of years ago...and it all leads to March 24 of THIS  year. And our heroes figured this all out just 6 weeks prior?

how freaking convenient.

Oye..these writers are lazy.

And Rosalie mentioned "wormhole" , so there it is. The "wormhole" that brought all those civilizations together before is going to happen on March 24. So we get some sort of "time jump" where we get to see Monroe and Rosalie and their family in the future. (I know we ALL wanna see the triplets!)

Edited by neuromom
  • Love 2

I noticed that Renard always has visitors who come to give him important messages by walking in to visit him in his office. At most businesses, there is some sort of front desk where they control visitors and make them sign in.

I like the acting of Dan. When the show Grimm first started, there was initially a concept that being a wesen was an analogy for being a person who struggles with criminal tendencies - that they struggle with controlling their beast side. This guy was in line with that idea because it gives an explanation for his schizophrenic behavior.

What is up with the front desk clerk? I liked their suspense, that it could have been any of the people hanging around the hotel, and then the passageway

• Love 1

Kind of boring, but its nice to see them going back to MotW stuff again. That Wessen was a special kind of shitty. "Yeah, I could just buy the stuff I need to live at CVS, or just suck a few hours from people once in awhile and let them think they had a scary dream, OR I can drive multiple people to insanity and murder/suicide! That's not so bad, is it Mr. Grimm?!?!" Also, what was with old wheelchair guy? Is that going to matter, or was this just confirmation that Hank and Wu are the only not Wessen in all of Portland?

I hope this isn't the end of ghost Meisner. I'm enjoying the weird buddy cop thing between him and Reynard. "He`s a magic police captain seeking redemption! He`s a ghostly resistance fighter killed by said magic captain! Together, they fight crime!"

• Love 3
3 hours ago, tricknasty said:

Where's Adalind? An episode or 2 go Diana was bummed that she couldn't have a room of her own yet last night Eve had her own room. Why couldn't she bunk with Monrosalee? It's BS like this that's killing killed the show

Fixed it for you.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

A "red herring."  We were supposed to think he was the Alpe, but he was actually a red herring...like, actually.

18 hours ago, djinn said:

The Wesen storyline was mundane. The Juliet/Rosalee story to decipher the symbols was farh better. With only a few episodes remaining, I don't understand why they don't focus completely on the stick, the symbols on the cloth and why the crusaders hid it.

I second that.  I really thought they'd just focus mostly on the overarching storyline that they are using to end the series instead of this yawn-inducing (ha ha) mundane Wesen of the Week.  Maybe have one or two WoW but keep it mostly to the main plot, considering this is the last we will see of the main characters and I would like to see how they end up, not watch some half-assed story about a Wesen that destroys people's sanity instead of just going to the drugstore for the inexpensive supplement it needs.  JMHO.

3 hours ago, neuromom said:

And Rosalie mentioned "wormhole" , so there it is. The "wormhole" that brought all those civilizations together before is going to happen on March 24. So we get some sort of "time jump" where we get to see Monroe and Rosalie and their family in the future. (I know we ALL wanna see the triplets!)

I don't know why we couldn't just have a flash forward at the end where we see the triplets and how all the other characters end up.  This show, these writers.

I did notice how much more Juliette was herself in this episode.  I still am annoyed that she is even THERE and that they trust her at all.  Of course they seem to trust Adalind now too, so...this show, these writers!

I don't want Meissner to be gone!  Even if the story with Black Claw and Renard and what not makes NO sense whatsoever, I have to grasp at what I do enjoy about this show.  There are still a few things.

I thought Monroe was funny gurgling on the bed at the hotel, but I was afraid they were going to have the monster come back.

• Love 5

I'm a little freaked out because I have sleep paralysis a few times a year. . .

I agree with what's been said about a lame WoW, and using Monroe as bait again.  Also, do Monroe and Rosalee do much spice selling or clock/watch repair?  They know everything about not just wesen but history and astronomy.  Nick would be so screwed without them.

I still enjoy the atmospherics of this show and will miss that maybe most of all.  The rest has fallen apart pretty sadly.

• Love 2
Just now, tennisgurl said:

I'm enjoying the weird buddy cop thing between him and Reynard. "He`s a magic police captain seeking redemption! He`s a ghostly resistance fighter killed by said magic captain! Together, they fight crime!"

I would watch the hell out of that show!

re the date that Rosalee found -- it's in 2404.  Doubt they'll have a flash-forward to that!

GRIMM.jpg

• Love 1

You would think that a police station, except for the front area, would be locked up. My workplace is locked. You need a swipecard to access most doors, including washrooms. The public library has moved next door (the current main library is being renovated over 3 years) and we now receive new 'visitors' occupying the building and new rules. If someone ghosts you going in to the washroom, you now call security. You meet guests in a particular area, and so on.

A bit of a lame WotW but it did make for a bright green visual, accented by the 'red' herring or whatever it was at the end.

Nick the Grimm is very lucky to have found helpers in Rosalee and Monroe. You'd think for some of the stuff he's had to deal with, he'd try the University and specific academic staff with expertise in X area. Monroe is also not the only guinea pig available. Surely, Nick can use Wu - since the hotel staff hadn't encountered him. The call to the owner of the hotel was part of the paint by number of the plot/WotW. I'd be creeped out knowing a hotel I was staying in had passageways.

A calendar? Seems something out of Stargate - where constellations have moved over thousands of years and addresses to gates would need a slight correction.

• Love 1
On 2/11/2017 at 1:38 PM, tennisgurl said:

Kind of boring, but its nice to see them going back to MotW stuff again. That Wessen was a special kind of shitty. "Yeah, I could just buy the stuff I need to live at CVS, or just suck a few hours from people once in awhile and let them think they had a scary dream, OR I can drive multiple people to insanity and murder/suicide! That's not so bad, is it Mr. Grimm?!?!" Also, what was with old wheelchair guy? Is that going to matter, or was this just confirmation that Hank and Wu are the only not Wessen in all of Portland?

I hope this isn't the end of ghost Meisner. I'm enjoying the weird buddy cop thing between him and Reynard. "He`s a magic police captain seeking redemption! He`s a ghostly resistance fighter killed by said magic captain! Together, they fight crime!"

I think he was afraid to go to sleep and once the Alpe was killed, celebrated by woging. 

Edited by Darklazr
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

You would think that a police station, except for the front area, would be locked up. My workplace is locked. You need a swipecard to access most doors, including washrooms. The public library has moved next door (the current main library is being renovated over 3 years) and we now receive new 'visitors' occupying the building and new rules. If someone ghosts you going in to the washroom, you now call security. You meet guests in a particular area, and so on.

A bit of a lame WotW but it did make for a bright green visual, accented by the 'red' herring or whatever it was at the end.

Nick the Grimm is very lucky to have found helpers in Rosalee and Monroe. You'd think for some of the stuff he's had to deal with, he'd try the University and specific academic staff with expertise in X area. Monroe is also not the only guinea pig available. Surely, Nick can use Wu - since the hotel staff hadn't encountered him. The call to the owner of the hotel was part of the paint by number of the plot/WotW. I'd be creeped out knowing a hotel I was staying in had passageways.

A calendar? Seems something out of Stargate - where constellations have moved over thousands of years and addresses to gates would need a slight correction.

5 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

I'm a little freaked out because I have sleep paralysis a few times a year. . .

I agree with what's been said about a lame WoW, and using Monroe as bait again.  Also, do Monroe and Rosalee do much spice selling or clock/watch repair?  They know everything about not just wesen but history and astronomy.  Nick would be so screwed without them.

I still enjoy the atmospherics of this show and will miss that maybe most of all.  The rest has fallen apart pretty sadly.

This!  Kelly and Marie were Grimm's, but their brother George was not.  Nick's grandparents were Grimms and it sounds like the family lineage always had the ability to see wesen.  There was one scene when Marie showed up with her car attached to the trailer, but Nick said he NEVER saw it growing up!  So, it just never sat well with me that Nick was just plain stupid about being a Grimm or wesens in general.  

It would have made more sense for Marie to have trained Nick growing up since she and his mother were both Grimm's!  It would have made more sense for Marie to have home schooled Nick in order to teach him about various wesens, history, potions, etc... and not have him be a complete knucklehead and allow the Grimmabago to be burned down by his asinine ex-girlfriend hell bent on revenge, because her ass stayed with him instead of packing up his crap and kicking him to the curb.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, tricknasty said:

Where's Adalind? An episode or 2 go Diana was bummed that she couldn't have a room of her own yet last night Eve had her own room. Why couldn't she bunk with Monrosalee? It's BS like this that's killing the show

Eve doesn't have her own room. She was sleeping on the twin bed out in the open space near the kitchen that Diana was using for her bed in the previous episode. That's why Eve woke up when Nick opened the door to the tunnel. I assumed Adalind was asleep in the actual bedroom when that happened, but I have no idea where the hell Diana was sleeping (or where Adalind was for the rest of the episode).

Kelly said her father taught his daughters  to hunt Wesen at a young age. It's possible that Kelly looked for signs that Nick was a Grimm as a child and when she didn't find any she dropped the subject. That's something I always wanted to know. What makes a Grimm a Grimm? Do you have special genes? We also know that Josh had a Grimm father but he wasn't one himself.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

Kelly said her father taught his daughters  to hunt Wesen at a young age. It's possible that Kelly looked for signs that Nick was a Grimm as a child and when she didn't find any she dropped the subject. That's something I always wanted to know. What makes a Grimm a Grimm? Do you have special genes? We also know that Josh had a Grimm father but he wasn't one himself.

Kelly said girl Grimms see wesen at a young age (Kelly, Marie and Trubel).  Kelly said George was not a Grimm, but we know that Nick did not become one until Marie was dying.  Is it possible George and Nick both became Grimms when Marie was dying?  The show only mentioned George when Kelly came to town.  I seriously doubt George would have grown up in a household where he was completely clueless about his Grimm father and two sisters!

When Roland was dying is when Josh should have become a Grimm, which is why Nick inherited their books.  If I remember correctly, Grimms have extra cones in their eyes that allow them to see wesens.

Oh.  Kelly said males become Grimms much later versus females.  So, you would think Marie and Kelly would have taken steps to teach Nick some fundamentals as a child, even if they did not do the whole this is a wesen etc... mantra.  I just think it was always lazy that Nick was clueless and the entire story was way too much like Buffy!

• Love 1

hey - the cliffhanger of the prior episode showed Renard standing in an empty room after the pawn shop disappeared. But then this episode shows him coming into the office, and encountering Meisner again. I guess he is familiar with magic so he just went home from the strange shop.

• Love 2

I thought this episode had a nice twist at the end. I'm always surprised that no one thought the owner of the hotel was Wesen. I think Meisner represents Renard's conscience and that's why only he can see him. We don't know if Kelly wanted to tell Nick about being a Grimm and his father objected.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

I thought this episode had a nice twist at the end. I'm always surprised that no one thought the owner of the hotel was Wesen. I think Meisner represents Renard's conscience and that's why only he can see him. We don't know if Kelly wanted to tell Nick about being a Grimm and his father objected.

We don't know anything about Nick's father or his paternal relatives.  Reed died in the car with Kelly's friend and that's all we know about the man.  It's one of the things that irritates me about the show.   For all we know, it was Kelly's friend and her husband that died in the car and Reed is alive and well.   We know that Kelly left behind a 12 year old and you would think wesen would have gone looking for the child and his aunt.

5 hours ago, Darklazr said:

We don't know anything about Nick's father or his paternal relatives.  Reed died in the car with Kelly's friend and that's all we know about the man.  It's one of the things that irritates me about the show.   For all we know, it was Kelly's friend and her husband that died in the car and Reed is alive and well.   We know that Kelly left behind a 12 year old and you would think wesen would have gone looking for the child and his aunt.

I think the writers were more interested in creating backstory for Wesen than for Nick. Kelly knew that the people who murdered her husband and friend would come looking for her. At least she left Nick in the care of a loving relative rather than expecting Nick to fend for himself like the Winchester brothers on Supernatural.

11 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

I think the writers were more interested in creating backstory for Wesen than for Nick. Kelly knew that the people who murdered her husband and friend would come looking for her. At least she left Nick in the care of a loving relative rather than expecting Nick to fend for himself like the Winchester brothers on Supernatural.

Kelly's enemies thought she and her husband died in the car accident and no one was looking for her.  Now I could see Kelly's enemies maybe not knowing that Marie was her sister.  However, Nick was 12 when his parents "died" and you would think a dead Grimms child would eventually be a threat to the wesen world.  

We should have found out about both sides of Nick's family when Kelly showed up alive.  Kelly could have told us that Reed was an only child and that his entire lineage had died out and her brother George chose to get a vasectomy to keep from having kids.    There should have been some tidbits about Nick's family on the show and the same throwaway lines about Juliette's family.

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:13 PM, Blue Plastic said:

A "red herring."  We were supposed to think he was the Alpe, but he was actually a red herring...like, actually.

Ha ha!  Thank you for explaining...I totally missed that!  :-)

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:13 PM, Blue Plastic said:

I did notice how much more Juliette was herself in this episode

Mr. GreenWave and I commented on this as well - although I don't know if the reason was for plot (Eve turning back into Juliette) or bad acting (whoops, forgot to keep acting like Eve).

• Love 1

hey - the cliffhanger of the prior episode showed Renard standing in an empty room after the pawn shop disappeared. But then this episode shows him coming into the office, and encountering Meisner again. I guess he is familiar with magic so he just went home from the strange shop.

I didn't get that either. The previous episode seemed to suggest Renard was "locked" in some sort of mind-hell. Maybe I mis-read the scene but when this episode showed him walking into his office like normal it felt like I had missed something.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I didn't get that either. The previous episode seemed to suggest Renard was "locked" in some sort of mind-hell. Maybe I mis-read the scene but when this episode showed him walking into his office like normal it felt like I had missed something.

Yes, I also thought that Renard was trapped somewhere, maybe another dimension. Did the writers just forget about the ending of the episode?

23 hours ago, ottilie said:

LOL.  I think it was a plot point to get Renard to remove the rings that he's worn since day one and nothing else.  Adalind is still wearing the ring Bonaparet put on her finger and I doubt Renard would have EVER asked for her hand in marriage!

I watched both episodes back to back and no it wasn't explained. I'm glad it's not just me. 

I was bored a bit with this episode. I am a tad intrigued to see what's supposed to happen on the date they figured out. The whole Julieve Adelind Nick thing is just plain bizarre. 

On 2/10/2017 at 7:16 PM, HunterHunted said:

Even a brief line about not being able to process synthetic melatonin would have helped because really this shit becomes unconscionable if you're too much of a lazy asshole to go to GNC. My diet of melatonin drives people insane when I feed. I could just go to CVS and pick some up, but I don't have my CVS card with me. I don't want to pay full price. Walgreens is cheaper, but never has the gummies in stock. So you see Grimm, I had no choice but to feed on their brains.

Why must this show continue to put Monroe in danger? He has 3 kids on the way. They have JuliEve bunking at the loft and getting Juliette-ier by the minute. She couldn't help on the stakeout. I forgot she needed to help out as Rosalee's mapping program mapped the stars. 

Yeah, there's not a lot of sympathy for these WotW types anymore.  If I found myself needing to constantly kill to stay alive by mutating into some bestial terror, I'd either turn myself over to the law, to science, or most likely just off myself.  Remember in season 1 when the teenaged girl realized she was turning into a spider like her mom and looked devastated?  What ever happened to Wesen that actually wish they didn't have the urge to feed, or like Monroe struggle to be better?  It's one thing when a mental illness not only gives you the bad thoughts/urges, but also affects your mental state so that- like a schizophrenic- you don't even have the judgment or self-awareness to realize "Wait, I'm thinking/acting crazy".  It's quite another when you just want to do it, even knowing it's wrong.

Agreed on Monroe; I get why the writers do that- he's a great character actor, there's only so many episodes left so they might as well all feature him (and I sure hope SWM gets lots of great roles after this show wraps)- but as you say with 3 kids on the way, Monroe and Rosalee need to just turn off their phones or leave the city.  What ever happened to all the other hidden Portland Wesen who decided Nick was a good Grimm; does anyone else remember the scene where Nick met with all the Ice Beavers or Portland, and there was a huge number of them?  Surely Bud and his many friends could form a Sidekick Brigade to assist Nick on these Wesen ops.  Or better yet, stay by the book and have Wu be the bait since he can also woge and defend himself without arousing suspicion as to why a civilian was used as bait during an unapproved sting operation.  Well, suspicion if it weren't for the fact that the law doesn't operate in Portland anymore.  Once again Sgt. Burkhardt and Sgt. Griffin have been the first on the crime scene that features multiple unexplained dead bodies.  The police would notice, but they're too busy cleaning up the professionally assassinated bodies on the floor of their own police station parking garage.  The FBI would investigate the Portland PD, only they seem to have also disappeared since they abducted a teenage runaway and forced her to become a secret agent.... :'(

Speaking of which... the royals were slaughtered en masse a while back, the Resistance is in... whatever shape it's in, so who's enforcing general Wesen law and Wesen secrecy these days?  Ah... who gives a crap?  Sorry, forget I even asked. :)

On 2/11/2017 at 2:23 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I always love when Wu gets to be a smartass.

Agreed!  The best part of the show is the police procedural- and in particular where they seem to do actual legwork and forget about Wesen for a bit.  That line from Wu when asked if he'd gotten the hotel owner's number and he said "No, it's my first day on the job" and then just stared at Nick... I guffawed mightily.  Or Hank's general eye-rolling "Of course it'll probably be Wesen..." tiredness.

On 2/11/2017 at 10:28 AM, neuromom said:

So, we are dealing with some colander from THOUSANDS of years ago...and it all leads to March 24 of THIS  year. And our heroes figured this all out just 6 weeks prior?

how freaking convenient.

Oye..these writers are lazy.

This show is a trainwreck, and their continuity/series bible is as non-existent as the books from the airstream trailer that Juliet burned down.  Still, I'm sticking around because it's goofy and fun at times, and if they give us a wacko stargate/aliens/toothpick of God ending that "explains" Grimms, royals, wesen, magic sticks, etc., I'll probably laugh along with it.  Honestly, if they go someplace really weird and just totally kookoo bananas far out there- like the utterly bizarre plotline of the 1987 "GI Joe" animated film- I think it would be most fitting. :)

On 2/10/2017 at 6:19 PM, Straycat80 said:

On 2/11/2017 at 2:13 PM, Blue Plastic said:

On 2/12/2017 at 7:41 AM, WearyTraveler said:

That's kind of funny, I have to give them that one.

Yeah, I noticed that when I watched (saw on Saturday, but only getting around to commenting now).  It's even better: his name in the credits was listed as Charles Herring Lynk, nickname "Red"- hence, "Red" Herring both in name and in woge and in terms of plot.  This show has always been at its best when it was a little tongue-in-cheek and not taking itself seriously.

• Love 4

The best thing about this episode was when Nick gave the Alpe his two choices speech, throwing his badge and gun to Hank before giving her the death staredown and letting her know that he *would* Grimm her ass.  Giuntoli nailed it.

Then she had to do the usual stupid villain thing and try to kill him and kill herself in the process.