Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: Tell All, Part 2

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Lord, yes.  Watching Escaping Polygamy gives me the willies.   How can something "religious" be so downright evil?  Where is the plague of locusts when you need it. 

Although when that flood took out a bunch of them I almost threw up watching that little surviving kid talk about it being the "Lord's will" or some other brainswashed phrase.  That kid had lost his mom and a van load of siblings and they had him at a microphone spouting that crap without shedding a tear. It was like watching a robot.

It is bad enough for an adult to get conned into a cult, but it is shameful of the brainwashing that is done to the young children.  While Escaping Polygamy is a whole lot of manufactured drama and rescripted stuff...it has shown internal video of religious (I use that term lightly) gatherings.  It also has shown the fear of isolation that the adults live with. The "testimonies" of the young children are sickening.  Its easy to see why the ones who do get out have such a messed up head, and many just go right back because they don't have the skills to live without the group.

We need freedom FROM religion in many ways.  When the leaders of your faith demand to keep you segregated and ignorant, that is not faith anymore, but a cult.

The one great deed of the Sister Wives show, even though Kody ripped them out of their world and pushed them to Las Vegas, those kids are free to make their own decisions and most are walking a solid path to their own futures.

• Love 2
On 2/1/2017 at 0:19 PM, Galloway Cave said:

Hell, most of the Kingston Sect is doing just that and they aren't being prosecuted, so everyone at the march is safe.

Not to defend that piece of shit, but he DOES have four wives, ya know. And I imagine he has had his fair share of fights with them over the 967 years he has been married, so I bet it IS a little hard for him to remember a particular metaphor that he flung out to a random wife during an argument years ago. In fact, this is probably why he just shuts down every time a wife comes at him; it's easier to not engage and have to remember the particulars of his life with that wife (let HER do all the heavy lifting in that department) than have to admit he doesn't remember something he said or did that meant everything in the world to that wife.

Seriously, sometimes I will begin to tell Mr. 201 a story, and I can't remember if I've already told him, or if that was my mom I was talking to...or my BFF... or the neighbor, or my son. Can you even imagine trying to keep your conversations straight when you have FOUR WIVES (tm)?!? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, sweet201 said:

Can you even imagine trying to keep your conversations straight when you have FOUR WIVES (tm)?!? 

Especially when - except for talking heads and parties - these people never seem to spend any time all together!!!

• Love 2
On 1/30/2017 at 10:05 PM, LilWharveyGal said:

Can anyone help me out?  What does, "Robyn:  Breaking the Chains," even mean?

I assumed this was referring to the broken chain of Robin's purrritty locket, forever discarded on the HomeChurch floor. ;)

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Alapaki said:

Well, for as big a douche as he is, I have to give Kody credit where it's due.  His remarks about accepting Mariah despite his religion's teaching on homosexuality was surprisingly enlightened coming from him.

I was pleased that the parents all seem to feel this way. But it also bugs me, because the inplication is that discrimination is OK - unless it starts affecting someone in your family. 

I realize that some people's minds only start to open when they personally get to know someone who is "other." And that is something. But it still irks me somehow. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 8
On February 1, 2017 at 9:49 PM, Roslyn said:

I no longer have satellite television.  I gave it up in 2010.  I have amazon, netflix and hulu.  Hulu has about half of the seasons right now.  This episode was in Season 6.  It isn't easy to watch, seeing that tiny little mite so ill and knowing that she had been that way for some time, and then Aspyn's TH stating that she had tried telling the adults that something was very wrong.  It was obvious that Christine was rocked to her toes, but I believe some of that in part wasn't just worry, but guilt. She should have acted much much sooner than she did. She was only 3 at the time, I'm hoping that all has been well with her since.  They haven't really mentioned anything on the show tho.

Yes, Season 6 was the episode about Truely's illness.  It was brought up because of this weeks flashback episode.  I remembered the general timeline, but went back to rewatch today because I'm having a severe fatigue day and can't do much else past the bare basics, so I figured why not.  I watched the episode and typed out the specifics.

I actually can't watch that episode. Whenever they reference it and show flashbacks I have to look away.

15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Children ill like Truely was, should be edited out, or filming should have been stopped, imo. The Duggars kept scenes in too, and I find it disturbing. No HIPPA or common sense when it comes to TLC or the dumb ass adults who would have say in the matter.

Agree 100%! Something so off about filming/parading around a gravely ill child.

• Love 4

If Meri had one shred of self respect she would walk away- even if it means she loses her house and TLC money. She should have a long talk with Christine's mom. Kody does not love her anymore and would be relieved if she left. 

I want to know what their supposed problems were before, because when the show first started, Meri and Kody looked like lovebirds. 

Speaking of lack of self respect, Christine is pathetic. She adores Kody, and he seems sickened by her. 

The moderator of the tell all was trying to get Kody to say how he feels about Meri: his answer was clear. 

• Love 2

If Meri had one shred of self respect she would walk away- even if it means she loses her house and TLC money.

And do what?  That's the problem with most plyg women.  They have no skills, no money of their own, no jobs, no way to support themselves.  She's trapped and she knows it.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

If Meri had one shred of self respect she would walk away- even if it means she loses her house and TLC money. She should have a long talk with Christine's mom. Kody does not love her anymore and would be relieved if she left. 

I want to know what their supposed problems were before, because when the show first started, Meri and Kody looked like lovebirds. 

Speaking of lack of self respect, Christine is pathetic. She adores Kody, and he seems sickened by her. 

The moderator of the tell all was trying to get Kody to say how he feels about Meri: his answer was clear. 

Been thinking this for a long time. It's glaringly obvious he doesn't truly love her anymore, the whole world can see it Maybe some people would be happy with that kind of arrangement but she seems miserable. I suspect she's more fearful of being alone and the unknown than being in an unhappy relationship.

• Love 2

Narcissists that are as bad as Kody can't really love anyone but themselves.  What looks like love is usually only a bit of reflecting what the person is offering the narcissistic personality. 

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

And do what?  That's the problem with most plyg women.  They have no skills, no money of their own, no jobs, no way to support themselves.  She's trapped and she knows it.

This is the case for many monogamous housewives, not just plyg women. Meri has family. And the way she talks, she has a lot of friends as well. Surely someone would be able to help her get on her feet. And worked up until they left Utah (almost), so her work experience isn't perfect, but it's better than a lot of housewives who've been out of the work force for a few decades. 

I think Meri will stay because pride. Unless a better life/man came along (Sam), she's not going to give up Kody. She's not going to let those other women "win". 

• Love 8

I found it interesting when they were asked where their religion stood with homosexuality, and Robin said they are Christians.  So basically they don't agree with that part of their "Christian" religion.  Which is good, they should just love their child and want her to be happy.  Still just trying to figure out exactly what is their religious group.  Wondering if they just put together their own religion choosing from the Christian "menu" what they choose to believe and follow, besides Joseph Smith.  

On 1/31/2017 at 11:32 PM, DakotaJustice said:

I also recall that Meri was more concerned about something else and just kind of blew off Truly's illness. 

Mariah was leaving for college.  I recall Meri went to Kody and told him that he should go be with Christine and Truely and it was okay that now he couldn't go with her and Mariah to move Mariah into the dorm.  Come on Meri that is a given.  Did she really expect him to go with her when he has a very sick child in the hospital.  

• Love 1

After much thought, I've decided that, despite the unnecessary tedium, this season was worth it if only because we got to hear Robyn explain the concept of a lesbian baby-juice store to Meri.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Mariah was leaving for college.  I recall Meri went to Kody and told him that he should go be with Christine and Truely and it was okay that now he couldn't go with her and Mariah to move Mariah into the dorm.  Come on Meri that is a given.  Did she really expect him to go with her when he has a very sick child in the hospital.  

Meri gives "shit tests" to Kody. 

"I want you to stop coming to my house." She wanted Kody to reply "No, no, I love being with you."

"You can divorce me and then marry Robyn."  She wanted Kody to reply "No, no, we aren't getting divorced."

"It's okay for you to go visit Truley in pediatric intensive care." Vs "I want to go with you and Mariah."

• Love 9
44 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Meri gives "shit tests" to Kody. 

"I want you to stop coming to my house." She wanted Kody to reply "No, no, I love being with you."

"You can divorce me and then marry Robyn."  She wanted Kody to reply "No, no, we aren't getting divorced."

"It's okay for you to go visit Truley in pediatric intensive care." Vs "I want to go with you and Mariah."

totally agree with this.  And Kody fails every one, either taking her words literally, or pretending he does.

• Love 4

Okay I had these two tell-nothings on my dvr and made up my mind to get rid of them.  I fast forwarded through them to catch the interview with the kids.  Even the interview with the kids wasn't worth watching IMO and it was just as irritating to watch those flash-backs fly by as it would be to actually watch them.  Maybe I'm done with these losers--I'm very happy the kids are doing as well as they are, but the "adults" have gotten to be way too annoying

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Brittanyhuds201 said:

I can't handle Christines voice in the beginning. Has she always had that weird accent and been so obnoxious?

She uses that accent when she repeats a line she memorized. 

• Love 1
On 2/3/2017 at 6:43 AM, Kohola3 said:

She's  not dependent on kody really, she's dependent on the TLC money maybe, though she could probably rent out a room or (5) to some lula's. Compared to how the cult plyg's live she is doing pretty damn good. To hell with kody and his passive-aggressiveness and 'I'll never forgive you' bullcrap.  That said, the amount he is mad or blowing her off only makes the whole divorce for the adoption story look even more total nonsense. I'm wondering now if it was totally not her idea and that was a complete lie as well.   Aside from all this , which I should care less about than how much carrots cost at the grocery,  I'm totally with all those people who are feeling screwed by all those flashbacks and replays and then coming back from commercial and another 'hey remember what just happened' It feels like the 'new stuff' is more like extra leftover footage.  Are things that bad that they have to winnow down any real new stuff?

On 2/4/2017 at 4:19 PM, LucyEth said:

Considering it's Kody we're talking about, I wouldn't have taken it as a given that Kody would have the common sense to stay with Christine and Truely if Meri hadn't explicitly told him that's where he should be. After all, this is the same guy who was caught swapping hormones with Robyn while Christine was in labor with Truely.

• Love 2