Type keyword(s) to search

Poll: Once and For All, TB or TV?

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

Once and For All: TB or TV?   POLL CLOSED

69 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your side! The debate has only raged for 70 years! :)

• Team Betty
    • Team Veronica

I'm not sure what the question is. Is it about who is our favorite character? So far I like them both. Or is it which one we ship with Archie? I think they should ditch him and date each other.

I am not familiar with the source material, so my opinion is based only on the pilot of the television series and can change after I watch more episodes and get to know the characters better.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, paulvdb said:

I'm not sure what the question is. Is it about who is our favorite character? So far I like them both. Or is it which one we ship with Archie? I think they should ditch him and date each other.

I am not familiar with the source material, so my opinion is based only on the pilot of the television series and can change after I watch more episodes and get to know the characters better.

It's whatever you want it to be! :)

Based on this show? Betty, hands down. 

She's gorgeous, sweet, and I'm guessing she's also bright and dedicated to her studies too. And there is an edge to her, as we've seen in these two episodes.

Veronica just seems a bit underwhelming. Not quite the exotic, sophisticated beauty I think she's supposed to be.

• Love 5

Way back when I was reading the original comics, I was the only brunette in a class full of blondes, so I was partial to Veronica. As for this version, I would like to see Betty and Archie be the end game because in the comics Ronnie always had her way with him, but really, Betty should find a new best friend/lover who treats her with respect in actions rather than just words.

• Love 2

I went into thinking I'd definitely be a bigger Veronica fan because she's just more my usual type, but I actually really love Betty a bunch already. I like Veronica too, but I find Betty much more interesting right now and I also think the Betty actress is better than the Veronica actress.

• Love 5

I preferred Veronica in the comics, I usually love me a bad girl (boy) but I find TV Betty more dynamic than comic Betty was. Now if this is strictly which one I want with Archie, neither, really, until that boy ups his game. They both deserve better than lap dog to a moderately attractive teacher.

• Love 5

At the moment , Veronica. Despite the fact that they made her nothing like her comic book character, she's been more interesting then pushover Betty. But since Betty is the protagonist, I'm sure it'll switch over to her at some point as her character develops.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Oscirus said:

At the moment , Veronica. Despite the fact that they made her nothing like her comic book character, she's been more interesting then pushover Betty. But since Betty is the protagonist, I'm sure it'll switch over to her at some point as her character develops.

Don't think Bettys a pushover at all. She threatened Cheryl and told her to get the Fuck out of her house lol

• Love 6
14 hours ago, jay741982 said:

Don't think Bettys a pushover at all. She threatened Cheryl and told her to get the Fuck out of her house lol

Plus, she told Archie that she couldn't be just friends with him because her confession and his rejection changed everything. If she was a pushover, she would have continued with trying to pretend that things were cool. As it is, that lasted all of a few hours. They're showing that Betty is far from a pushover. This show is getting their female characters right so far, from the two episodes that we've seen. 

For me, Betty/Veronica are the most important people in the series. They are looking to be the core of the show, with Archie/Jughead right behind them. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Plus, she told Archie that she couldn't be just friends with him because her confession and his rejection changed everything. If she was a pushover, she would have continued with trying to pretend that things were cool. As it is, that lasted all of a few hours. They're showing that Betty is far from a pushover. This show is getting their female characters right so far, from the two episodes that we've seen. 

For me, Betty/Veronica are the most important people in the series. They are looking to be the core of the show, with Archie/Jughead right behind them. 

Agreed that they are getting the Female characters right. Betty and Veronica are my top two faves on the show. I feel they are probably the core but fear they are playing up their closeness to strain it when the triangle gets bigger as the season goes on. Hopefully they retain their friendship

And thank you for pointing out the other moments where Betty proved she isn't a pushover lol

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Meh, she also stood there and took it as Blossom just belittled her at the cheerleader tryouts and if we examine the Blossom scene, look at much Cheryl had to say to her to get a reaction.  So yea if she's cornered, she'll defend herself but in normal situations, so far she's still shown to be a pushover. I suspect it'll change as the show progresses, but thus far she's a pushover imo.

Edited by Oscirus
On 2/8/2017 at 8:32 PM, CletusMusashi said:

Archie should get with Betty. She, apparently, needs him. Veronica doesn't. You know what Veronica needs? A creepy old bald man from Cleveland with a Henchman 21 avatar!

Actually Betty doesn't NEED him. Her and Veronica are both fabulous and I'd like them to be with each other 

• Love 5
On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 5:30 AM, paulvdb said:

I'm not sure what the question is.

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 1:00 AM, MarkHB said:

It's whatever you want it to be! :)

Well, I read the thread title and my answer is that I would choose television over tuberculosis.

• Love 13
On 2/9/2017 at 10:36 PM, jay741982 said:

Actually Betty doesn't NEED him. Her and Veronica are both fabulous and I'd like them to be with each other 

It's very strange to me because it seems like they chem and screen tested the Betty & Veronica actresses with each other, but then cast everyone based on nothing but headshots.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Tiger said:

It's very strange to me because it seems like they chem and screen tested the Betty & Veronica actresses with each other, but then cast everyone based on nothing but headshots.  

LOL I'd hope not but you might be onto to something 

• Love 1

Do I have to choose, I like them both on this show. Lol. I'd rather see these versions ditch Archie and be BFF's without him. He's so dull. 

In the comics I was team Betty, although I enjoyed reading Veronica's stand alone comics. 

• Love 6
On 2/12/2017 at 11:51 PM, mehtotheworld said:

Holy shit, updated comic Betty and Veronica from the second set of pictures are really pretty. 

When they had Fiona Staples redesign the characters a few years ago, she hit it out of the park.

ArchieCollectorsEdition.jpg

• Love 6
11 hours ago, starri said:

When they had Fiona Staples redesign the characters a few years ago, she hit it out of the park.

ArchieCollectorsEdition.jpg

Fiona Staples is great. Absolutely love her artwork on Saga. Still think Betty is the more attractive of the two, even in this redesign.

5 hours ago, Shirley Marquez said:

I'm Team Both. They all need to get together in a triad. There is clearly heat between Betty and Veronica, so why should they have to give up on it?

But neither had heat with Archie.  I wish theys do what they did with Viola Davis' Annalise Keating and have it be that Bettt and Veronica arent gay or even bi, but are attracted specifically to each other.

On How to Get Away with Murder, Davis' character is presented as a straight woman who fell in love with Famke Jansenn's Eve and she is probably the love of her life.  But they've made clear that Annalise is into men+Eve, not women generally.

16 minutes ago, Tiger said:

But neither had heat with Archie.  I wish theys do what they did with Viola Davis' Annalise Keating and have it be that Bettt and Veronica arent gay or even bi, but are attracted specifically to each other.

On How to Get Away with Murder, Davis' character is presented as a straight woman who fell in love with Famke Jansenn's Eve and she is probably the love of her life.  But they've made clear that Annalise is into men+Eve, not women generally.

Ooh I like the idea of Betty and Veronica being straight yet they have a sexual attraction to each other. 

41 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Trouble is, this show just isn't going to do that. Even if the writers wanted to cut Archie out of the triangle, and have the girls choose each other, the CW wouldn't allow it as anything more than a titillating dalliance, and I can't imagine that Archie Comics Publications would be thrilled to see their eponymous character shunted off to the side in his own TV show, while the seventy year love triangle is resolved as 'Archie was the problem all along'.

It's a shame, because narratively that seems to be the best course of action at the moment. Archie has no real personality, neither of the girls seems that fussed about what he does (now that he's rejected Betty) and the two actresses have much more chemistry together than they do with anyone else.

• Love 3

Archie isn't supposed to have heat with either girl.  According to the story presented, he's not into Betty and he doesn't  want to do anything with Veronica because he doesn't want to hurt Betty. 

Of course those B and V would have more chemistry with each other then anybody else, they're in more scenes together.  We have to at least go through a couple of episodes of letting the triangle play out before determining who has heat with who.

After The Legend of Korra went there... I have hope.

Because I remember TLOK and thinking "these two getting together makes the most sense" and lo and behold... it happend. :)

Edited by Eneya
Misspelled Korra
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm pretty sure the writers have point blank said they're not going to do Betty/Veronica. Although, that being said, writers lie all the time so!

Yes, they did. One can hope though. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Eneya said:

Yes, they did. One can hope though. 

I hope they stick to that promise. B & V being a romantic couple to me is just not right. Hell I am just starting to get over the fact that Archie was involved romantically with a teacher and it was suppose to be Miss Grundy which obviously it was not.

• Love 1

I've always preferred Betty, and probably still do on the TV show, although the jury is still out.

I have to say that this is by far the most likable version of Veronica I have seen.  She seems much nicer and not at all snooty.

As for the "real" Miss Grundy, didn't they show her obituary?  Besides that, the music teacher's name could have been Grundy, and just changed it back after she got divorced.  Or did I miss something?  All I recall is that when she was married her name was Simpson, and when she got divorced, she "changed her name".

• Love 1

Betty and Veronica are my faves. Jughead narration that their friendship just gets stronger gives me hope that Archie doesn't destroy their SISmance. Please Berlanti don't have Archie destroy the Sismance. I have fears of Archie choosing Betty than him and Veronica stabbing her in the back screwing each other.  Or it being reveresed 

• Love 1
On 2/19/2017 at 1:21 PM, rmontro said:

As for the "real" Miss Grundy, didn't they show her obituary?  Besides that, the music teacher's name could have been Grundy, and just changed it back after she got divorced.  Or did I miss something?  All I recall is that when she was married her name was Simpson, and when she got divorced, she "changed her name".

I suggest bringing this question over to the Episode 4 thread. :)

In fairness, we've seen them more with each other than with Archiekins.  We've seen Archie and Ronnie doing Seven Minutes in Heaven, and Betty on her stoop with a boombox, but they've not done that much together.  I'm sure Archie's had more scenes with Grundy and his dad, and possibly even Juggy.

I cannot be the only one that read the heading as Tuberculosis vs. Television?

Anyway - in the comics I was TeamVeronica. I just felt her character was more exciting. (And being that little gay kid from rural Australia, I kinda wanted exciting, not next-door).

In the series so far... neither... though I rather them pair together off then be with Archie only because I think the two actresses have amazing chemistry with each other.

Edited by Robert
  • Love 1
On 2/24/2017 at 1:39 AM, Robert said:

I cannot be the only one that read the heading as Tuberculosis vs. Television?

I'll admit that I had the double meaning in mind when I wrote it. Made you look! ?

• Love 3

When I read the comics I was Team Veronica because she was confident in herself and yeah some would say a snob, but she knew what she wanted and she went out and got it. Betty was always spineless and wishy washy. Now is the TV Show it isn't like that and I actually love Betty and I also like the toned down Veronica a little a well. I hear Betty and Veronica will be more friends things this season which I like. I do also like Jughead for Betty and Archie for Veronica because we all know Archie really wants to be with Veronica anyway.