Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E14: Nonstop

MyAimIsTrue
  • Start Topic

ARGHHHH! I thought I'd be free of Senior once his son Tony left the show. WHY do they have to keep bringing him back anyway? I cannot stand him as a character. 

The only DiNozzo for me is Tony. No one else compares. Especially his father.

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 5

I like Robert Wagner, the actor. I do not like Senior, the character. I don't buy the attitude adjustment the writers tried to give him. The Senior I see always has an angle to play, and is really rude and insensitive to his own son. I know the showrunners love Robert Wagner and wanted to keep him coming back, but to me that's a whole separate thing than the character he plays. Senior doesn't need to be coming back, most especially now that his son is no longer there. It's gratuitous writing just to keep Wagner.

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 11

When Ducky dropped out of this group, it was reasonable.  Can the reintroduction of this group signal a ride half way off into the sunset for Ducky?

Senior joining the group?  Has he ever shown the brains, intuitive expertise, etc. to make him a crime solver/resolver?  Or will he rely on his history of tiptoeing along the boundry of just barely keeping his doings legal?  Or are we to forget that Senior?

• Love 2
On 1/31/2017 at 3:56 PM, sinkwriter said:

I like Robert Wagner, the actor. I do not like Senior, the character. I don't buy the attitude adjustment the writers tried to give him. The Senior I see always has an angle to play, and is really rude and insensitive to his own son. I know the showrunners love Robert Wagner and wanted to keep him coming back, but to me that's a whole separate thing than the character he plays. Senior doesn't need to be coming back, most especially now that his son is no longer there. It's gratuitous writing just to keep Wagner.

19 hours ago, enoughcats said:

Senior joining the group?  Has he ever shown the brains, intuitive expertise, etc. to make him a crime solver/resolver?  Or will he rely on his history of tiptoeing along the boundry of just barely keeping his doings legal?  Or are we to forget that Senior?

I am sooooo tired of Senior.  Well, not so much Senior, but the whole retconning of his character to this affable and avuncular slightly helpless charming guy does not work for me.  Yes, it is always great to see Robert Wagner on my TV screen, but Senior isn't just a hapless scalawag, he has a clear history as a ruthless conman who if not outright abused, clearly neglected his child.   Now it is like the writers are trying to turn Senior into Jackson Gibbs, and I don't like it.

With Tony gone, why, why, why are we continued to be afflicted with this imposter Senior?

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Packerbrewerbadger said:

After the excellent episode with Dr Jimmy on the ledge we are back to the cringeworthy writing. I lost count how many times I rolled my eyes.   

I found the episode as an idea fairly tolerable - at least the only violence was offscreen which made it easier for me to watch - but I have to agree with the above.  I don't mind them doing a somewhat comic episode, but involving Senior just sunk it for me.  There is absolutely no reason to include him and I have a feeling that the producers are really overestimating his popularity with the fans.   It's Junior that everyone misses!

The only part I enjoyed was the repeated references to Dr. Palmer, and the scene where Ducky encourages Jimmy to give the results to Gibbs, and then forgets and starts giving them himself.

So where is Fornell by the way?  If they want to have a funny episode he'd be a much better addition than Senior.

Edited by roseha
  • Love 4

To me..the best part was Gibbs reactions to Senior....and the fact the episode was rather easy to follow..not enough McGee though....I called the switching of people though...early on...

A decent episode for this season..forgettable episode in any other....and a letdown after last week's awesomeness...

• Love 2

Senior is best in small doses as I'm sure Tony would've agreed, long enough between appearances that you can sort of forget what a total douche he is before he blindsides you again. Granted, Senior hasn't really been a total dick since Tony left but still, he's been wearing thin for a long time now.

Wow, the perp thought up such a clever scheme but was too stupid to change his clothes when he was wearing the other guy's once he got on the plane and then fell for the oldest trick in the book. I wonder if suspects will ever figure out that 99 times out of a hundred NCIS has nothing on them if they'd just shut up instead of just blurting out the whole murder right there.

• Love 4

Pretty good episode but the Sherlocks were annoying.  And Senior?  Don't get me started on him.  I, too, hate when he's in the episode.  I was hoping we'd be done with him when Tony left.

No Abby tonight?  Or so little of her I didn't notice?

• Love 4

Abby is another one tolerable only in small doses.

Senior is on to replace Jackson as Gibbs' "father figure" as Gibbs is father figure to the team.  At least he took Jessica Walter off the Gibbs hands!

I knew that since they lingered so long on the airport footage that that would be the clue.  They made a point of not showing the killer's face at the second bathroom break.

I don't mind the comic relief the Sherlocks brought - last week was such an emotional rollercoaster that it was a nice change of pace. That said it was hardly a memorable episode. Worse: for the first time this season I noticed how crowded the team has become (even though one of the new members was not even around). Replacing one character with three characters is a tricky business *hands herself prize for stating the obvious*

• Love 5

I didn't mind this episode-- it was a lighthearted change of pace after the last episode. There weren't a whole lot of surprises and I figured it was fairly obvious that the husband was the killer, especially with the heavy emphasis on the airport security tapes. The alarm install dude was a decent red herring-- even I thought for a hot sec his pothead vibe might be covering something up (which it was, just not a murderer).

While I don't hate Senior, I'm not really sure why he needed to come back this episode (and now that Tony is gone) because NCIS already has a natural bridge to the Sherlocks-- Jimmy. Senior didn't really need to be there except to take Jessica Walters/Mallory Archer off Gibbs' hands and do some more bonding with Gibbs (which I don't hate either but did we need it? Meh).

• Love 4

I was amused by this episode. I loved Gibbs' reactions -first nearly choking to death when Senior referred to "his lover" then when he found them in the bath. Harmon has some great reaction shots and comedy chops.  I like it when they let him use them. Keep your enemies close and the crazies closer. Heh. 

• Love 10

Yeah what tipped me off about the airport footage is the bright blue hat that seemed to have been illuminated like a halo in the first run through.  It was obviously designed to attract the eye of the camera and not look at anything else (along with covering facial details).  The thing is, it probably would not have been hard for NCIS to figure out who the accomplice is, they know the flight number, do a ID check on all the passengers and find the person that looks the most like the suspect.

I actually don't mind Senior, he brings a bit of levity to the scenes, and he does provide certain insights.  I remember he provided a theory to a crime in one episode based on his experience grifting.  Also, he had some connections in another episode that proved useful.  And in this episode, he thought of something about the video that sent NCIS on the right path.

• Love 4

I love Robert Wagner's "Senior," & hope the next time he appears he brings stacks of new photos of Jr & Tally, to share with the team.  And Bishop's determination to outfox & stop  "Alarm Guy," in his tracks, reminded me of "Ziva."

• Love 3

I also like Senior.  But also agree that he's best in small doses.  Besides, I do like it when he gives updates as to what is happening with Tony these days. 

I do have a question about Senior though -- wasn't he about to get married to some other woman last year?  I remember him being with a woman along with her pregnant daughter (that Tony first thought was seeing Senior).  I guess I must have missed something (always very plausible), but I thought he was still with her. 

I generally liked this episode.  Yes, it was kinda silly at times (especially with the Sherlock group included).   But darnitall, I likes me some Jessica Walter.  And her character here is a hoot.  Loved her scenes with Gibbs.  And also liked it when it appear Gibbs was going to choke on his steak when Senior asked about her and Gibbs being lovers.  Heh.

And yeah, I also suspected a switch taking place at the airport.  Though I did consider the possibility that those airport scenes were legit and the husband hired that alarm installation dude to be one who would actually kill his wife for him. 

It was a bit of a lighthearted episode.  But I kinda expected that after the stellar "Keep Going" episode from the week before.

• Love 1

I'd forgotten about the Sherlocks. When they showed up, I almost turned off the show, I dislike them so much.  And although I love Jessica Walter, this one note character irritates me to no end, despite the fact I generally like having older women shown as being more than sexless crones.

On 2/7/2017 at 7:45 PM, stonehaven said:

To me..the best part was Gibbs reactions to Senior....and the fact the episode was rather easy to follow..not enough McGee though....I called the switching of people though...early on...

Me too. Must watch too many shows about surveillance - the dead giveaway was that he was wearing a bright hat that didn't seem consistent with his fashion choices, and then after the bathroom switch, his face was never visible until the DC airport. It seemed so obvious to me that I was wondering why no one said anything about that. I guess to give Senior a piece of solving the crime.

On 2/8/2017 at 4:26 PM, AuntieL said:

I was amused by this episode. I loved Gibbs' reactions -first nearly choking to death when Senior referred to "his lover" then when he found them in the bath. Harmon has some great reaction shots and comedy chops.  I like it when they let him use them. Keep your enemies close and the crazies closer. Heh. 

Best scene in the episode (the steak scene), though I did enjoy the other one as well.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, brgjoe said:

do have a question about Senior though -- wasn't he about to get married to some other woman last year?  I remember him being with a woman along with her pregnant daughter (that Tony first thought was seeing Senior).  I guess I must have missed something (always very plausible), but I thought he was still with her. 

She backed out before the wedding.

• Love 1

Really?  I totally must have missed that part about her backing out of the wedding.   Thanks for the info.

I s'pose I am in the minority once again, but I don't mind the Sherlock's.  But then again, like Senior, best to be utilized on the show in small doses.

• Love 1

Gibbs: "What? Woo!"

Senior: "mumble mumble..."

Gibbs: "Woo! Woo away from me!"

Me: ????????

Best part of the episode for me!

And how I wish when Senior gets to Paris, he sees a familiar redhead, and upon his next visit to D.C., he's married to Jennifer Hart Stephanie Powers.

What?