Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Governed by Sound Reason and True Religion

Kissing interuptus.  Not cool Rachel.  I was hoping Cosima and Delphine would make crazy science together in the lab.   I guess I have to settle for you being vaguely menacing.

So we continue with our theme of science v religion with Darth Vader on both sides.  It is a new day indeed.

Oh Alison.  You are on the verge of completly falling apart, aren't you.  That sober thing you were trying didn't last long.  Still figuring out your husband was your monitor plus.  Might be a minus that you kinda sorta killed an innocent woman....ooops.  Still you are the lead in a play that I would pay real money to see, if you can hold it together but with Felix out of the picture not holding my breath.

Mrs. S. Is a badass.

Edited by ChaosTheory
Duuuuuude, Mrs. S. is a badass!

That's the exact thing I said after it was over. Double hand impaling,killing that one guy then coming back to finish off the guy's mom.     And OMG I felt horrible for poor Alison when Felix told her he was leaving.

Good riddance Tomas!

The reveal that Helena's insides were reversed was a pretty awesome idea.

Edited by Valny
  • Love 5

My inner-psycho-geek loved the nail gun to the head during an Einstein quote.  Going out on a limb here....they're going to breed Helena, right?

Duuuuuude, Mrs. S. is a badass!

That's the exact thing I said after it was over. Double hand impaling,killing that one guy then coming back to finish off the guy's mom.     And OMG I felt horrible for poor Alison when Felix told her he was leaving.

Then she let Sarah go, then she outed Project Leda....what does this mean???

Dayum, I feel for Alison, she needs Felix as much as Sarah...Why didn't they clone him? 

Best comeback EVAH!  

Rachel:  I heard you were clever.

Cosima:  I was clever when I was 6.

• Love 3

Ho. Lee. Fuuuuuuuck.  Completely blown, my mind is.

It's going to definitely take another viewing before I can coherently post all of the thoughts, reactions, and opinions that swirled through my head during this episode. If there's one thing Orphan Black cannot be accused of, it would be having useless filler crap.  Tonight's show was tight, tense as hell, and squeezed every bit of life out of each second.

For now, though,

-  I'm glad that shitbag Tomas is dead.

-  What is CowboyChrist going to do with her?  Use her as a breeder like one of his cows? 

-  Rachel turned her Bitch Mode (is that the only one she has?) up about 10 notches.  I want to smack the shit out of her smug mug whenever she's in a scene.

-  During his few minutes onscreen, Leekie  creeped me the fuck out way more than he ever did in Season One.

- Glad that Mrs. S. seems to be on the level, but I do have to admit that I pegged the people working with her as working for the Prolethians about 30 seconds into their first scene.  And damn, woman can kick some ass when she needs to.

-  It's now dawning on Cosima, it seems, that she's nothing but a lab rat for DYAD. 

-  Glad that Alison now knows that Eating, Farting Donnie is her Monitor, but damn, she's going to crack without Felix -- which makes me worry after seeing Angie introducing herself to her in the previews for next week.

So is Angie just being a nosy cop, or is she undercover for the Prolethians as well?  A new monitor for DYAD?  Her name on the show is Angela DeAngelis (Angel of the Angels, if my rough translation is correct), and that seems a wee bit too weird/creepily devout.  Plus, she's acted a bit too strange in her eagerness about this case since she replaced NotBeth in the field.  

More to come after my brain has recollected itself.

• Love 2

I'd hit the booze too if I had Alison's current life.  "I'm not sure that's my sacrum."

The plot has become much more complicated in one episode. In addition to dealing with creepy Leaky and the others' issues, we have a new science/religious group that has an assassination style that resembles that of "Friendo" in "No Country for Old Men." Then we get insight into Mrs. S' messy and mysterious background. Just what is going on? (And who gets that awesome property?)  I like my plots pretty tightly woven, if only to keep my brain from overheating. 

Cop lady is hyper-competent but I'm rather worried for her safety. 

Kyra is really good at keeping her mouth shut. If that had been my niece in any of those situation she would have loudly said, "WHY are you snooping in her coat?" Must be that pre-K IRA training Mrs. S gave her.

I missed seeing a money shot of Paul in this episode. 

• Love 1
I missed seeing a money shot of Paul in this episode

I for one, did not miss Paul at all tonight.  In fact, I didn't even think, hmm... where's Paul? :)

What is CowboyChrist going to do with her?

I've seen that actor before,  where the hell do I know him from? Something creepy again no doubt.

• Love 1
I've seen that actor before,  where the hell do I know him from? Something creepy again no doubt.

I don't know about you, but I know him from Bomb Girls where he played Lorna's husband.

I for one, did not miss Paul at all tonight.  In fact, I didn't even think, hmm... where's Paul? :)

Yeah, I didn't notice his absence at all. 

Edited by smrou
I don't know about you, but I know him from Bomb Girls where he played Lorna's husband.

Oh yes that's it! Thanks smrou!  (good series btw...damn it that it got canceled though)  :(

but I do have to admit that I pegged the people working with her as working for the Prolethians about 30 seconds into their first scene

. I can't say I knew right away who they were working for,but when the gray haired lady appeared with her big smile and all cheery, my evil meter perked up and I was thinking, I don't know if I trust this one.

Edited by Valny
Someone on Tumblr called the mirror twins thing a while back. Very cool!

Wow, that's impressive. I would never have thought something like that. But then again, I stink at thinking up theories and such. And if I do, I'm usually wrong.

Since smrou helped me identify one actor tonight,  can anyone tell me where have I seen that skinny guy who took Sarah to Kira? Now he had to be in a creepy role!

Gosh I loved this ep. I don't trust Mrs. S but man is she...oh okay, everyone else called it before me. Poor, poor Allison. I just want to clone Felix so she can have a forever brother of her own. She needs support now more than ever and Felix had to break their special bond because, well, Kira.

So, is anyone keeping track of all the clones? Because I'm getting seriously confused. Another in the barn? I don't process faces right so can someone confirm that was another one?

Mrs S is back!  And ice cold!  Her take-down with the serving fork and carving knife was brutal!  And then capping both of the traitors.  When Kiera is endangered, she just doesn't give a fuck anymore.  Hell yeah, Mrs S!  But I wonder what is up with Project Leda and what she knows.

Loved Alison's parts as always.  Loved that she is now onto Donnie, but it sucks that Felix is now going to be away for a bit, which probably would be her biggest supporter.  Even if she does approach Cosima as suggested, I just don't see her being able to keep it together.  Despite only just meeting, the first season really did a good job at showing how important Felix is to calming Alison down, and how strong Alison/Felix have become.  Without him, I worry for her.

Cosima though, is also getting in deep now.  She's now accepted Leekie's offer, but has no issues getting snarky with both Leekie and Rachel. Leekie doesn't seem to give that much a shit, but Rachel is totally getting her bitchy, ice queen on with Cosima.  Still curious to see what part is Delphine is going to play in all of this.

Yay, Art is part of the Clone Club now!  But he's already a target, now.  Angie is digging harder as well, so I bet this is going to get messy.

I doubt Sarah and Felix are just going to disappear off screen for long, so I wonder where they and Kiera are running off to.

Get to see more of the Proetheans, including their leader played by Peter Outerbridge.  Seems like a very religious group, although it looks like the leader was also a scientist.  Interesting about how he seems to think that science and religion are related, and nothing having one is bad.  And it looks like they've got Helena now.  Oh, boy.

Favorite Non-Clone moment was Leekie's exasperation with Donnie.  I love Matt Frewer in this role.

I wonder why Mrs. S felt the need to lie to Sarah about Project Leda.

Worried about Alison now that Felix won't be around. I was hoping they would go get her.

A lot of interesting set up this episode.

While I don't particularly like Helena, she just can't catch a break. She goes from one creepy situation to a creepier one.

Edited by Endeavour

Mrs. S - right on! Never bought her as a bad guy, her extremely strong love for Kira was always evident, but also never figured her for such a fucking BAMF! 

Am with those that are worried about Alison, though I thought I saw some of her backbone again in the graveyard when she confronted Donnie. 

Fee, Kira, and Sarah - ROAD TRIP! I'm excited for them, though neither Leekie or Rachel are going to be happy.

Is Rachel supposed to be doing botox? Her skin is weirdly shiny-smooth and mannequin-like. I also want to smack her smug face whenever I see her. Also someone should tell her that that undercut hairdo was hip five years ago. 

The Donnie-Leekie thing could be hilarious. Max Headroom and the Monitor. Ha!

Loved ALL of Alison, and of course her scene with Felix was my favorite. Does anyone else get the feeling Sarah (actor friend) is crushing on Alison? Maybe she's been assigned to Alison too.

Kira remains adorable and I love her sixth sense, and her savvy. She's wise beyond her years. 

Cosima! She's so freakin' hot! I love her slouchy, relaxed movements and delivery. And she dresses so coool! Her and Delphine are just precious. 

Religious daughter could be trouble down the line. I get a hardline vibe from her that could be dangerous as Helena heals. She seems sneaky, and not fully on-board with what her dad is spouting. DON'T touch Helena, youse guys! We just got her back! If I had to choose one thing I'm looking forward to this season it's Helena reuniting with Sarah. 

Fuck off, Art.

• Love 2

While the new batch of Prolitheans seems very creepy, at least they did take out Tomas. Just don't think I could deal with him for another season. Though breeding Helena doesn't sound too promising, I hope they are at least nicer to her. Even though she's a psycho killer, I really don't want another season of watching her be abused.

I wonder how familiar with Helena's history they are. Do they know Tomas was using her as an assassin?

I guess Kira's super powers include being very perceptive. Looks like Mrs. S may be a bad guy turned good guy in this story.

Allison was a hoot as always, but I hope she isn't separated from Felix for long. Sarah from the musical kinda looks like Adele.

They couldn't take Allison with them; I don't think she'd leave her kids.

Donnie being a doofus seems to imply that DYAD doesn't really think Allison is that smart, either. If they thought she was a BAMF, they'd give her a BAMF monitor. I wonder how much they actually don't know about her.

Security at the hospital is rather lax.

Is it in Felix's (i.e. the actor's) contract for this season that he expose his ass in every episode?

Cosima seeing her lab as "jail" is probably the truth. I'm sure DYAD could do all the research it wanted, with or without Cosima being the researcher. I really don't want her buried alive in their "facility." I also don't want her to be separated from the other members of Clone Club. Delphine is a wet blanket. Is it the actress, o the character? She seems bland and inadequate as a lover for Cosima.

Art seems to be a good guy. Maybe he and Allison can form an alliance.

• Love 2

Compared to last season, the scenes with Cosima and Delphine have seemed somewhat flat in these two episodes.  I'm hoping that it's that the plot line involving her hasn't really taken off yet, seeing as how the few times she's been onscreen have been more expository in nature, and that it's going to start taking off in the upcoming weeks.  If that's not it, then something is off - either the chemistry between the actresses or the writing.

About Cosima, though....last season, even with all of the revelations that took place, she was totally gassing on the science aspect of it and did not seem anywhere near as devastated/destroyed by becoming self-aware, nor did she seem overly affected by what was happening to the other clones - it was almost as though she was fascinated by a real-life experiment unfolding in front of her eyes.  Then, with her discovery that she's sick, along with the realization that she's now a rat trapped in what's supposedly going to be a fabulous laboratory and the physical separation from Alison and Sarah, that adrenaline buzz started to wear off.  

I suspect that, due to her laid-back, NoCal 420 attitude, she felt that Sarah was exaggerating and overreacting about what a bitch Rachel was.....but then, when the CorProClone waltzed into her "secure" lab with her snooty-assed attitude (after being told, no, make that *warned*, by Leekie that she does not react well to being insulted), sending Delphine out of the lab like she was a scullery maid, and then ordering Cosima around like some Manor House Bitch with her snide insults and veiled threats, the reality of her situation seemed to hit her like a ton of bricks.

It's going to be interesting to see how her situation evolves and how she reacts to it (and Delphine, and Leekie, and CorProClone Bitch).

Edited by OriginalCyn
  • Love 2

I figured the fact that Helena was left-handed vs. Sarah being right-handed had to do with the clone/twin thing, but I didn't figure on the reversed organs being part of the whole deal. Nicely done, writer people.

Mrs. S. BAMF! Still looking forward to learning more about her.

Each creepy cult is creepy.

Did like the digs at ProClone from Cosima, esp. the mention of getting her arse kicked by Sarah.

Did Donnie have to be such a bumbler as a monitor? That was the weak part of the episode for me.

Best comeback EVAH!

Rachel:  I heard you were clever.

Cosima:  I was clever when I was 6.

This was great, but I really liked, "So...you're gay." "My sexuality isn't the most interesting thing about me." More of this please. In life. 

I didn't see the 'mirror' coming, but I'm fine with it.  I'm worried about Helena being trapped there, but I don't think those people know how batshit she is, so good luck with that.

Not only Mrs S shooting and stabbing everyone, but the way the show shot the scene, almost from Kira's pov in the truck looking up at the window and then the guy was blown away. It was a really well-shot scene. 

If this was Lost, Felix would be Alison's constant. 

I've liked Peter Outerbridge in many roles, most notably, ReGenesis. I think this was good casting here. I'm excited to see what his character's about.

TPTB clearly wanted to expand the 'world' in this second season, and for only 2 episodes, they've done a one hell of a job with world-building. I'm still worried about Art.

• Love 5

The only negative thing about this episode for me was Donnie being a bumbling idiot. You'd think he would be more competent. Maybe after all these years with Alison he thinks he knows her enough to be less careful, but I didn't really buy that scene.

The rest was as awesome as ever. Mrs. S, Cosima's snarky comebacks, creepy religious cult being creepy, and of course that musical. I really wouldn't mind if they dedicate an episode just to that.

Did Donnie have to be such a bumbler as a monitor? That was the weak part of the episode for me.

I loved the episode, but this disappointed me too. After withstanding her hot glue gun interrogation, and fooling her completely for years, even AFTER she suspected him and was looking for suspicious behaviour, how are we to believe that he could be SO inept at making a simple report on her movements and associations? Not to mention leaving the incriminating text messages on his phone for her to find. I get that Donnie may have been assigned to Allison because he perhaps wasn't exactly top of his class... but making him this unbelievably awful at sneaking around makes Allison look dumb for not having caught him sooner. And dumb, she is not.

Other than that, brilliant episode.

• Love 2

Since smrou helped me identify one actor tonight,  can anyone tell me where have I seen that skinny guy who took Sarah to Kira? Now he had to be in a creepy role!

If that helps, his name is Julian Richings, and he played Death on Supernatural. 

• Love 1

Leaving Alison behind is both a bold move and probably a wise one for the story to take. The cab of the truck would've been crowded and the hijinks would've had to overflow into silly territory. Still, if they'd had a crew cab truck...

So, will Helena be fertilized the old fashioned way or by the animal husbandry method? Not sure I want to see either, but they did a good job of not making the hand staking gratuitous, so I'll trust them for now. I'm guessing the young nail gun guy will be the sperm donor since science dictates that younger is better, although maybe not, since he doesn't seem too bright.

The only negative thing about this episode for me was Donnie being a bumbling idiot. You'd think he would be more competent. Maybe after all these years with Alison he thinks he knows her enough to be less careful, but I didn't really buy that scene.

I think this tells us that he hasn't been a monitor very long. Maybe Aynsley was her monitor and he's a recent replacement? Perhaps he had debts and they made him an offer he couldn't refuse?

I think this tells us that he hasn't been a monitor very long. Maybe Aynsley was her monitor and he's a recent replacement? Perhaps he had debts and they made him an offer he couldn't refuse?

That's interesting but I think we're supposed to believe that he's been her monitor all along. He didn't have to be that good at it in the past because she never suspected anything.

Edited by Endeavour
  • Love 1
(edited)

Ha, I loved Felix painting Teddy while he was on the phone with Alison!

I really like how Felix and Alison's relationship has evolved and he is now her go to person and confidante, but it just made me that much sadder when he ditched her at the end of the episode and she was so crushed. Now she has no one to talk to about what's going on. I don't think his advice for her to call Cosima will be adequate.

Alison already feels betrayed by Donnie and guilty about her part on Aynsley's death. Now on top of all that, she feels abandoned by Felix and Sarah who weren't even going to tell her that they were leaving town. I understand why they didn't tell her and as a mom, I'm sure that she gets putting Kira's safety first but she also feels like shit that she's on her own to deal with Donnie.

Poor Helena. She finally escapes Tomas and his freaky abusive ways only to be turned into a brood mare/science experiment by the farmer. I have to admit that earlier in the episode, I liked the farmer for his positive outlook about her reversed organs, especially in contrast with Tomas saying she was a freak of nature and the devil's work.

Since we saw the farmer inseminating the cows earlier, I suspect he will be doing the same to Helena once she's healed. That's gross but it's slightly less horrible than letting someone climb on top of her and rape her repeatedly.

At least Mrs. S was truly trying to protect Kira. She's still lying about the Leda Project but at least we know that staging Kira's abduction was just her cover to save Kira and get her to safety. I knew Brenda was up to no good from the moment we saw her. So sad for Mrs. S to learn that people she trusted and worked with have sold her out.

Cosima is fucked. She truly is in a clone cage surrounded by people who just want data from her. Delphine may have feelings for her but she still knows her place in the DYAD hierarchy. She was practically curtsying to Rachel as she backed out of the room.

I'm so glad we got to see more of Alison's insane musical and rehearsals. Her director is exactly the kind of artistic weirdo I have met before, complete with finding a "professional" excuse to grab her ass. When she started her breathing and he put his hand on her torso, I was expecting him to grab her boob. Yeah yeah it's always for the craft and the work and the art, but bonus if I get to cop a feel!

So, is anyone keeping track of all the clones? Because I'm getting seriously confused. Another in the barn? I don't process faces right so can someone confirm that was another one?

That was Helena in the barn. Mark took her from the hospital and brought her to Tomas at the farmer's place. At this point, no new clones have been introduced. So far this season we have only seen the same clones from S1: Sarah, Alison, Cosima, Helena, and Rachel.

Based on the promo for next week's episode, another clone named Jennifer will be introduced next week. She is the one from the video diaries that were released earlier.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

I agree that Donnie didn't really have to be that good in the past.  What did he really have to do to an unsuspecting (alcoholic/Drug addict) wife?   All he had to do was give an occasional report and let an occasional creepy scientist in to take a blood sample.  easy peasy.    Now that Allison has become self aware (hell she is more aware of what is going on then he is) it is become more evident how incompetent Donnie really is.  Its rather fun. 

• Love 3

Willowy

Is Rachel supposed to be doing botox? Her skin is weirdly shiny-smooth and mannequin-like. 

The moment I saw her my brain said, "Wow.  She pancaked the makeup on today.  Sarah must have given her quite the shellacking."  So, although I noticed the shiny skin, too, I chalked it up to over-kill to hide the bruising and swelling.

Also, lots and lots of kudos to the Tumblr poster!  Thanks for showing us that, Cranberry.  Wow.  This is one smart damn show.  I like it.

Lastly, I like Delphine and Cosima and thought it was oddly complicated and romantic and Bohemian last season.  This season, they seem to have lost their chemistry.  (How ironic is that?)

ETA:  Quick question -- what happened to Mrs. S?  I seem to have spaced what Sarah did as Mrs. S was standing in that carriage gate.  Does Mrs. S still breathe?

Edited by Captanne

"I for one, did not miss Paul at all tonight. In fact, I didn't even think, hmm... where's Paul? :) "

I keep forgetting Paul is even on the show! He's so bland and cardboard like.

(How do I do quotes properLy? I don't see it in the forum primer and when I click on Post Options nothing happens).

I REALLY want some explanation for who put all these clones with these random families and keeps calling it a science experiment, but if doubt we'll get any. They set it up really badly both as science and as fairness to the clones, so I can't believe smart people ever thought it out. Along those same lines, exactly when did Donnie become a monitor? Before or after they got married/involved? So hard to buy as a scientific method.

Do we know anything about Rachel's background? If we think they are tricking Cosima into hanging around just to get data from her, how come Rachel, nan other clone, gets to actually be in charge?

I get the impression Mrs S is not evil per se, but she's obviously keeping big secrets from Sarah. I think they'll end up back on the same side in the end. Seems like Mrs S is used to thinking of Sarah as a screw up who can't be trusted, but she's going to have to start trusting Sarah before Sarah will trust her again.

"So, is anyone keeping track of all the clones? Because I'm getting seriously confused. Another in the barn? I don't process faces right so can someone confirm that was another one?"

That was Helena. They all have the same face so how would processing faces help? I pay attention to hair styles ;-) . Helena has the ratty blond hair. They took her from the hospital to the barn.

I love that this show has no fillers and there were so many amazing moments this episode. I know they would give someone else on this show some BAMF action. So entertaining.

I kind of like the portrayal of Mark. The actor is giving him range as noted when Pastor Breeder told him he was a like son and when he greeted Gracie. Each side has their own goons and enforcers. Daniel is for DYAD/Rachel. Sarah needs Mrs S back and perhaps Paul. I always miss a shot of Paul's ass.

Poor Alison.

• Love 2

I like Delphine and Cosima and thought it was oddly complicated and romantic and Bohemian last season.  This season, they seem to have lost their chemistry.  (How ironic is that?)

A lot of posters have remarked here and elsewhere about this change. I interpret it to mean that Cosima has lost all trust in Delphine, but it could also indicate that Delphine is just not really that into Cosima.

what happened to Mrs. S?  I seem to have spaced what Sarah did as Mrs. S was standing in that carriage gate.  Does Mrs. S still breathe?

Sarah drove past her in the truck. Mrs. S was holding the shotgun flat across her body, pointing skyward. To me, that indicates she survived.

Lastly, I like Delphine and Cosima and thought it was oddly complicated and romantic and Bohemian last season.  This season, they seem to have lost their chemistry.

I thought they had a lot of chemistry in the scene where they were left alone in the lab. IMO they were super cute with each other. But the scenes where Leekie or Rachel were present I think were supposed to be awkward. Leekie is suspicious and calculating, and Cosima is suspicious and cheeky and Delphine is sort of caught in the middle, trying to show Cosima that they aren't all bad at DYAD and they're doing good work, and also show Leekie that Cosima is on their side. There's just so much going on internally for everyone in those scenes.

• Love 5
Sarah drove past her in the truck. Mrs. S was holding the shotgun flat across her body, pointing skyward. To me, that indicates she survived.

Plus, she then went back into the house and shot Brenda.  

Lastly, I like Delphine and Cosima and thought it was oddly complicated and romantic and Bohemian last season.  This season, they seem to have lost their chemistry.

They do seem a bit flatter this season than last, but I still see chemistry there.  I always feel so torn with them because on the one hand I don't trust Delphine so I think Cosima should distance herself, but on the other hand...I kinda just want Delphine and Cosima to make out all the time. 

Edited by smrou

Right and I think the next scene was of Mrs. S going back into the house and shooting the older woman (forget her name).

ETA: Or as smrou said.

Edited by Endeavour

To do quotes you either click on the red quotation marks in the person's comment box you'd like to quote, OR you highlight/copy the sentence/paragraph, click on your own reply box and then click the red quotation mark indicator and a box will pop up where you then paste.

Either way works, but if you want the poster's name you are quoting to be included, use the quotation mark from their remark.

Hopefully that's clear - it's easier to do than to explain. :)

I think Delphine and Cosima have super chemistry but they are in an odd place right now.  Delphine is trying to get Cosima to trust DYAD and Leekie.  The scene where the three of them were together came off as awkward as all hell; but I think it was meant to.  I thought the brief time when Delphine and Cosima were alone they had super chemistry but then Rachel had to come in an ruin it and dismissed Delphine (who couldn't get out of their fast enough.)  I think right not Delphine is in a difficult place but that doesn't mean she doesn't love Cosima and doesn't have chemistry with her.   

Edited by ChaosTheory
  • Love 2

I too think Evelyne/Tatiana still have smoking chemistry in the 10 or so  minutes of screentime they've had together this season. Out of all the non-clone characters, I really like Delphiine the best, and not just because of her relationship with Cosima. I don't see Delphine as pointless. Cosima, who has always been separate from the other clones, needs an ally within the Dyad Institute -- even if it's an ally she doesn't fully trust. As a doctor/immunologist, Delphine has knowledge of the clone respiratory illness, and maybe even treated Jennifer. So I think she'll definitely play a key role in trying to cure Cosima. Also, I think Delphine is fully aware of the Dyad's lethal capabilities, so I see her trying to protect Cosima by (awkwardly) diffusing some of Cosima's snarkiness toward Leekie and Rachel.

Based on interviews with the creators and Evelyne, at some point I think Delphine and Cosima will butt heads about the science, perhaps the ethics/morality involved with cloning or the treatment of Jennifer (were they really trying to cure her or were they just ruthlessly experimenting with treatments). Delphine probably was chugging the Neolution/Dyad Kool-Aid for years. I can't imagine it'd be easy to let those beliefs go just because she has feelings for Cosima.

So yeah, I think she's very interesting and complex and I can't wait to see where they go with her this season.

• Love 2

That was Helena. They all have the same face so how would processing faces help? I pay attention to hair styles ;-) . Helena has the ratty blond hair. They took her from the hospital to the barn.

Trying to confirm if the one discussed as adopted by prolethian-scientist was on-screen or not. 

One does not overlook Helena. Bless.

He didn't have to be that good at it in the past because she never suspected anything.

Yeah. That is the way I took it. Up until Sarah came into Alison's life, doughy Donnie had no reason to be suspected. Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Sarah reveal that there were monitors because she found out through Paul.

I am in the minority, because I can't say Paul's contribution to the story was missed, I did miss seeing him though.

I didn't miss Paul in this episode because the story was so tightly woven that he wouldn't have fit in anywhere, really. I would miss him if he wasn't in the show any more, though. I like him, even though I don't trust him. 

• Love 2

Thanks for the Mrs. S timeline.  I got Sarah's departure out of synch somehow.  I didn't realize she drove around Mrs. S and then Mrs. S killed the HausFrau.

As for Delphine and Cosima -- I totally enjoy the characters and understand their roles.  I don't discount either of them.  As a matter of fact, I don't think there is really an extraneous or non-rich character in the series which, given that about half the cast is played by the same person -- is really saying something.

I do feel less physical chemistry between the actors, though.  Not situational.  Just during every moment, I felt more of a spark between them last season.  That's fine.  I'm not complaining.  Just observing.

Delphine probably was chugging the Neolution/Dyad Kool-Aid for years. I can't imagine it'd be easy to let those beliefs go just because she has feelings for Cosima.

So yeah, I think she's very interesting and complex and I can't wait to see where they go with her this season.

Yes, I think Delphine's feelings for Cosima are genuine, but that she still at least partly believes in the work of Dyad. Which puts her in a very interesting and complicated position. It also is why I think it would be best for Cosima to keep some distance (much as I don't want her to for mostly aesthetic reasons, since the two of them are hot together). And it definitely leads to some awkwardness in Cosima/Delphine/Leekie scenes since Cosima broadcasts a skepticism while Delphine seems practically like a cheerleader in contrast.
  • Love 1

Ok show you got me. The dismayed noise Delphine made followed by Cosima's giggling was cute as fuck. It is nice to see some playfulness amongst all the drama and high tension. I love how this show manages to balance all these different emotional tones, and never go overboard with one. I think it is one of the best aspects of the series, since it allows for a much more nuanced viewing experience instead of e.g. The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones which is basically 99% grittiness and often almost crippling despair. It can become a bit too much at times in those shows, but Orphan Black never lets one emotional chord overshadow the other. Mix that in with the always moving plot at a relatively high pace, it makes me enjoy this show even more.

And so much happened in this episode that gave us some answers but also more questions. We know now a bit more about the religious side, except they seem to be a splinter group of the prolethians that like to mix science and religion. I find this to be pretty great since straight out religious fanaticism is quite boring and predicable in my view. My interest in that side has at least gone up from pretty non-existing to intrigued.

Mrs. S also got a whole lot more interesting. I never had anything against her before, and the actress is great, but she was not very fleshed out. Now they just dropped a ton of stuff on top of her character and I find myself really wanting to know more. I think she will be a bit like Helena and work as a wild card in this entire mess.

I loved how awkward and utter fake the entire conversation between Leekie, Cosima and Delphine felt. Everyone was lying through their teeth and knew it. On top of that you got Leekie and Cosima going back and forth feeling each other out and such, while Delphine tries to awkwardly defuse the situation. Something which utterly fails as seen by Cosima mentioning DYAD's dirty past while being shown around, and referring to her lab as clone jail. On the other hand I do wish Cosima would try to play a bit more along. I get that she is pissed that she has to look towards DYAD for help, but it won't do her any favors to be so outwardly hostile. Catch more flies with honey and all that.

I do however find it odd that Rachel handed over Sarah's entire genome to Cosima. I do not think for a second Cosima will tell them if she finds out what makes Sarah (and possibly Helena) unique. Then again I bet her lab is totally surveillanced and so is her computer equipment.

Another aspect of the show I appreciate is that they don't really drag anything out for too long. It was good that Alison found out about Donnie and of course it happened at like the worst time. It was a bit odd that Donnie failed so badly, but I can roll with it considering that Alison probably never suspected anything pre-clone relevation, which probably made it very easy. The musical stuff just continues to be comedy gold and I really like the Sara lady. It is good to see normal nice people on the show not involved in the clone business. It gives a little bit of balance to have a touch of normal.