Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday: Repeat of Previous Episode

Tuesday: Day of Hot Topics

Wednesday: Naomi Campbell ("Star")

Thursday: Day of Hot Topics

Friday: Day of Hot Topics

Edited by Jaded

I've often taken long breaks from the View because of some of their co-hosts less than educated opinions on important topics. I am now back to being a daily watcher, precisely because of the informed views of Joy and Sunny. I really missed the show these past two weeks. I hope they don't return to the "fluff" topics that took over the show in the past. Being informed and vigilant in the time of Trump is imperative. Now if Jeb can realize she is one of five so should not monopolize more than 20% of the discussion, and Sara can stop playing both sides of every issue, I will be ecstatic. 

• Love 14

I don't think Joy will let a day go by without talking about Trump.  Just as Sunny won't let Jed get away with denying things she said mere weeks ago. (Go, Sunny!). 

I can't believe the booking staff could only find one guest for the whole week. That is pathetic. 

Did you all see Megyn Kelly took a job with NBC?  And this morning Gretchen Carlson was subbing on the Today Show. The Foxbots are defecting!

• Love 13

I don't think Joy will let a day go by without talking about Trump.  Just as Sunny won't let Jed get away with denying things she said mere weeks ago. (Go, Sunny!). 

How can she do that when he's the President Elect?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I can't believe the booking staff could only find one guest for the whole week. That is pathetic. 

Did you all see Megyn Kelly took a job with NBC?  And this morning Gretchen Carlson was subbing on the Today Show. The Foxbots are defecting!

I knew that Megyn Kelly was not going to stay at Fox. It is obvious, after she outed Roger Ailes as a sexual predator, with her own disgusting experiences with him, via her book; that her time on the network was coming to a close.  She is obviously ambitious and wants to reach for the stars.  NBC will take her out of the alternate reality, known as Fox News.  Not to mention, she needed to get away, from that ogre, Bill  O'reilly,  who was dragging on her, for spilling the tea, about Roger Ailes. Bill is a disgusting blowhard, I once watched his show and I was astounded by his assertions that the slaves that built our nation's capital and the white house were treated "good".   I was blown away by his ignorance. As a Black person, I was appalled by this and immediately changed the channel, in disgust.  It is that type of disinformation, that perpetuates the myth, by some, that slavery, was not so bad, so, why, do Black people always whine about it...

I enjoyed the show today. I heart Joy and Sunny. They give me life and I love how Joy, like some of us, around the country, are still in shock about what is to come on January, 20th. God help us all!

• Love 22
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Whoopi's reaction to Sunny calling out Jed for her latest newly-updated, recently re-re- re-revised opinion about Donald Trump annoyed me.  Did I hear her say something about how Sunny was throwing Jed under the bus?  

Well maybe Jed BELONGS under the damn bus!  Maybe if she spends enough time under the bus she will cut the crap with saying one thing one day and something different the next. 

Whoopi needs to just shut up.  And Sunny needs to keep holding Jed's feet to the fire until they are singed little stumps if that is what it takes to get her to stop with the contradictory nonsense she spews on the reg. Whoopi may not notice or may not care what Jed says, but the rest of us DO.  It's insulting and aggravating.

GO SUNNY, indeed! 

• Love 22
2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Whoopi's reaction to Sunny calling out Jed for her latest newly-updated, recently re-re- re-revised opinion about Donald Trump annoyed me.  Did I hear her say something about how Sunny was throwing Jed under the bus?  

Well maybe Jed BELONGS under the damn bus!  Maybe if she spends enough time under the bus she will cut the crap with saying one thing one day and something different the next. 

Whoopi needs to just shut up.  And Sunny needs to keep holding Jed's feet to the fire until they are singed little stumps if that is what it takes to get her to stop with the contradictory nonsense she spews on the reg. Whoopi may not notice or may not care what Jed says, but the rest of us DO.  It's insulting and aggravating.

GO SUNNY, indeed! 

^^^ EXACTLY!!! ^^^  STFU Whoopi!!  That was really MEAN of her to indicate that Sunny was throwing Jed-of-many-tongues under the bus.  Jeb needs to STFU & realize the shit she's spreading is harmful!!!   Whoopi has some redeeming moments, but Gawd!!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
Spelling.
  • Love 9

Couldn't agree more Medicine Crow! 

I loved seeing the show live again today except for Jediblahblah. Why oh why does she have to blabber on and on? She throws so much into one word salad and so many points, and continually contradicts herself. So glad Sunny is there to attemp to keep her straight. I think Joy gets exhausted just listening to her. I know I do. So what's up with Whoopi?  LOL - not like she hasn't thrown co-hosts under the bus. Think Rosie or Rosie.

I loved the show today.....and that it is back. And they had a lot to catch up on about Trump. In addition he is a "gift" that keeps on giving daily.

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

Couldn't agree more Medicine Crow! 

I loved seeing the show live again today except for Jediblahblah. Why oh why does she have to blabber on and on? She throws so much into one word salad and so many points, and continually contradicts herself. So glad Sunny is there to attemp to keep her straight. I think Joy gets exhausted just listening to her. I know I do. So what's up with Whoopi?  LOL - not like she hasn't thrown co-hosts under the bus. Think Rosie or Rosie.

I loved the show today.....and that it is back. And they had a lot to catch up on about Trump. In addition he is a "gift" that keeps on giving daily.

I agree re too much Jed.   Always.  She loves to hear herself talk, and seems to think she's the star of the show.  She & her life are nowhere near as fascinating as she thinks, and she's boring and flip-floppy when she talks about anything else.

I didn't like her from her very first day, and I haven't warmed up to her at all.  Joy is my favorite, and I'm okay with the others.   I literally cringe when Jed goes on and on.  For me, she is by far the weak link in a show that I've watched from the beginning and have started to enjoy again.

• Love 12
46 minutes ago, DebbieM4 said:

I agree re too much Jed.   Always.  She loves to hear herself talk, and seems to think she's the star of the show.  She & her life are nowhere near as fascinating as she thinks, and she's boring and flip-floppy when she talks about anything else.

I didn't like her from her very first day, and I haven't warmed up to her at all.  Joy is my favorite, and I'm okay with the others.   I literally cringe when Jed goes on and on.  For me, she is by far the weak link in a show that I've watched from the beginning and have started to enjoy again.

She's the reason why I don't watch the show live in the morning.  I wait til evening when I have a firm grasp on the remote & my finger on ff!!  There are times when Whoopi opens her mouth I don't care what she has to say & ff then too.  Just sayin'.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

She's the reason why I don't watch the show live in the morning.  I wait til evening when I have a firm grasp on the remote & my finger on ff!!  There are times when Whoopi opens her mouth I don't care what she has to say & ff then too.  Just sayin'.

I rarely watch live.  I DVR almost everything, and then watch when I feel like it.  Jed still ruins this show for me, though.  

• Love 6

So glad to have Joy back, and I'm hoping Sunny will be there everyday from now on, too. Of course Jedi and Sara both went feral in response to Sunny holding Jedi responsible for her words: "SHE DIDN'T SUPPORT TRUMP!" Really? I seem to recall her defending him regularly nearly every day. Jedi seems to like re-writing history just as much as our president-elect.

• Love 16
10 hours ago, geekburger said:

Today Jed referred to herself as an Independent FYI. Gone are the days of her as a Libertarian?

Maybe someone pounded the definition of "Libertarian" into her pretty little head with that shiny-shiny mouth.

12 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

She loves to hear herself talk, and seems to think she's the star of the show.

Oh, YEAH!  Just watch the way she walks out to the table...every time!   Look at me.  Look at ME.  Look at MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!  The stah!  (Crap!  I was going to be nicer in 2017.)

• Love 11

Jedeblabla saying all these famous people come up to her to whisper how much they love her on Faux News but tell her not to tell anyone. Of course she can pretend like that happens as often as she claims if she doesn't have to name anyone.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Jaded said:

Jedeblabla saying all these famous people come up to her to whisper how much they love her on Faux News but tell her not to tell anyone. Of course she can pretend like that happens as often as she claims if she doesn't have to name anyone.

Exactly! Fox news talking point..

• Love 4

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that Whoopi’ll run Jedi’s ass off the show. I can’t stand that disgusting woman. What she tried to call “reverse McCarthyism” is really just people showing their opinions with their wallets. If you’re afraid you’re going to lose some of your consumers, that’s on you to decide to be silent or not. Consumers are not obligated to support your acting work, music, etc. And, no, I wouldn’t support anyone who endorses hatred. For example, Jackie Evancho and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, I will never purchase anything of theirs again. Sorry, that’s the way the business rolls. I’m not giving my money to people who support evil. That’s not the same as employers blacklisting people so their livelihoods are ruined. I was glad Whoopi steamrolled her intentional, deliberate nonsense.

Did anyone hear her little aside when Joy pointed out that Trump doesn’t support ethics, that he only said that he’d dismantle the “unfair” commission at a later time. “I didn’t take it that way though.” It doesn’t matter which way you “take it,” those were his words. She's a professional liar if there ever was one.

• Love 15

Sara had an excellent, intelligent question ;but Whoopie's idiot pie in the sky asbestos -in -the -workplace- over shadowed it.  Yes, how does a corporation bring manufacturing to the US when they can have something made by workers who get paid $1 a DAY? She's not an airhead, she's just outshouted by an idiot.

What is a better question is how do you convince consumers in a throw away marketplace to spend more for products you are used to buying cheaply. There is a really good documentary that addresses this issue, just how cheap clothing now is in comparison to decades ago and how we have become used to shopping as a recreational activity-going to the mall.  Very interesting. 

• Love 9

"Visitor Comments" on The View's Facebook are being screened to the point that there are NO visitor comments.  I know because I made a couple of comments about Whoopi & they evaporated.  LOL.  Although, I must say, their Facebook comments got a little crazy "last year".

• Love 1

Sigh. I almost lost it today with Jediblahblah today when they were discussing celebrities not wanting to perform at Trump's Inauguration. I get celebrities not wanting to be associated with Trump (even if they voted for him) and even keeping silent about it to protect their careers. Seems pretty simple to me. But the conversation went on and on and on and Jed would not just stop even though she said over and over "I agree.....that's true" but kept on arguing. She is like a dog with a bone. What a waste of time.

• Love 9

Update: Today Jedi referred to herself as a Conservative.

Jedi did bring up a great point about how, yes, some celebs ARE afraid to support him for backlash but Whoopi just wasn't having it. Bringing up Hasselback?! And then Nicolle? So bizarre.

Jedi also looked great today. 

• Love 2

The View and the MSM keep reporting that T***p had something to do with the reversal of the Ethics committee decision. Congress said they received a storm of calls. There is a movement on Twitter called #TheResistance. We get names, phone nunbers, issues to call about. It was the people only. Next is Obamacare. Joy seemed to know where it came from.

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, geekburger said:

Update: Today Jedi referred to herself as a Conservative.

Jedi did bring up a great point about how, yes, some celebs ARE afraid to support him for backlash but Whoopi just wasn't having it. Bringing up Hasselback?! And then Nicolle? So bizarre.

Jedi also looked great today. 

They should be afraid. I am a big fan if Andrea Bocelli. I have his CDs and have seen him in concert three times. I was one of many who tweeted him that if he performed I would no longer support him. Thankfully he is not performing.

4 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

The View and the MSM keep reporting that T***p had something to do with the reversal of the Ethics committee decision. Congress said they received a storm of calls. There is a movement on Twitter called #TheResistance. We get names, phone nunbers, issues to call about. It was the people only. Next is Obamacare. Joy seemed to know where it came from.

Sorry, dupe post. Typing on my Kindle is a challenge.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

What was it Whoopi said about the KKK that she had to walk back after the break?

They were talking about people having clutter and needing to get rid of things, and they said it had been recommended (in whatever story they were talking about) to only have one set of back-up sheets.  Somehow the subject of flowered sheets came up and Whoopi chimed in and for no real reason said the Klan might do better recruiting if they wore floral sheets. 

It was even stupider than I am making it sound, trust me. 

What is really stupid is that it apparently bothered some people enough that they contacted the show (via the twitter, I suppose) and Whoopi had to make her little disclaimer.  

The whole thing was quite dumb.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

What she tried to call “reverse McCarthyism” is really just people showing their opinions with their wallets.

To be fair to Jedibliahblahblah, she didn't coin the silly "reverse McCarthyism" term.  The discussion began because of Bill O'Reilly's use of that phrase.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

To be fair to Jedibliahblahblah, she didn't coin the silly "reverse McCarthyism" term.  The discussion began because of Bill O'Reilly's use of that phrase.

The right is good at making false equivalencies to achieve their agenda.  They tried to do it with Obama , in regards to Reverend Wright, it did not work. Unfortunately, it worked with Hilary over her emails...

• Love 6

What Jediblahblah is failing to realize is most people don't care about people being conservatives in Hollywood. There are plenty like Whoopie pointed out. The problem is the idiot orange fool that is about to be president. There hasn't been backlash like this for other Republican presidents because they didn't run campaigns on hate and all that other vile stuff he did and said. I don't plan on watching anything related to that fool and I continue to side eye the fuck out of the folks who voted for him.

• Love 15

Exactly dr gailey. Other  PEOTUS' still had great entertainment, etc because we were patriotic, imo. Not divided, by anger - like now. Trump insults us often (even wishing us a HNYE), and other people and countries. And promises things like press conferences that don't happen. Laughs in our face over conflicts of interest. Gets his widdle feelings hurt morning, noon and night.

Jediblahblah just needs to state her opinion and not defend it by endlessly going on about it while telling everyone she agrees with them. Ouch!

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Oh, YEAH!  Just watch the way she walks out to the table...every time!   Look at me.  Look at ME.  Look at MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!  The stah!  (Crap!  I was going to be nicer in 2017.)

Yes, I agree!  I didn't mention that in my post because I was trying to not be overly wordy.  But yes, I can't stand the way Jed prances out every day.  She is incredibly overly-impressed with herself.  She needs to take it down several notches.  In more ways than one.

• Love 8

Jediblahblah's young boyfriend must be about her level of maturity. But at least he knows when a sock is missing. All her laughing like a hyena is overdone. And dismisses what she said. I suppose, thankfully. Not that I think some co-hosts (like Sarah) agree. Well, actually, Sarah seems like the only one that  likes chatting with her.

• Love 4

I agree that conservatives in Hollywood need to be more confident in their views but I think Whoopi was too dismissive. Look, the conservatives that we know tend to be out of the spotlight and not risking much, Jon Voigt, Clint Eastwood, Tim Allen, Baio lol but I am sure there are some people, especially younger who do not feel like they can express their conservative views because they risk not getting a job. I could care less about an actors political views but I mean look at the backlash CCB has gotten over the years (she is extreme tho). I mean remember the Mozilla CEO who got fired for being against gay marriage, or the christian brothers fired from HGTV over their gay marriage views. or the fact that Buzzfeed ran with a story calling out Chip and Joana Gaines for going to a church that did not support gay marriage. Like that is all a bit much and even though I am gay and would like if everyone was for gay marriage, I think people need their view heard and not receive so much backlash unless they are being hateful and derogatory which none of those people were at all. So yeah I agree these people need to stand up for what they believe in but I do think many people are not outspoken in their conservative views in Hollywood for a reason. 

and as for the inauguration, look I will not be watching it and would not be apart of it but I do think some singers turned it down because of the stigma attached to trump and the backlash they would receive. and I think that is wrong because something like this could be such a big opportunity for up and coming singers. but obviously its their choice, I just hope its not out of fear of being stigmatized. 

• Love 2

Something I noticed -  in Hot Topics segments, they show LIVE twitter remarks from viewers, as the topic is discussed.  I have commented on this forum in the past, that when the topic had to do with the presidential campaign, election, etc.  there seemed to be viewers at the ready with pro-Trump tweets.   This week is the first week (I know, it's only been two days)  that this was not the case.  only a few tweets were shown, and they were more anti-Trump or neutral tweets.  None of the Trump cheerleaders saying "he's a great man for the job"  sort of thing.   

So - either the tweeters are less enthusiastic, or the view producers decided to jump on the anti-trump bandwagon and not showcase those viewers' tweets.   Either way, I like it.

• Love 7

I don't necessarily think it's a fear of a backlash or boycott that is preventing celebs from taking part of Trump's inauguration.  I think a lot of celebs have convictions they are choosing to stand by.  For me personally my convictions are much more important to me than any money and exposure I might receive by doing something for someone I find reprehensible.

• Love 16

Whoopi's scarf is back.  I thought she had replaced it, she had a newer, brighter, US flag scarf yesterday.   but today, it looks like the grey-striped thing is back. 

I liked what Joy said about the media -  but she skipped the part that Trump said ONLY Fox News tells the truth.  Jebiblahblah was wrong in that people will ONLY look at their bank accounts to determine if they approve of  a leader.  People DO read, they listen to news reports. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 8

The mood seems to have changed since they came back from the holiday break. I've noticed that Whoopi, Joy, Sunny and Joy seem to be more pleasant with each other; there's more of a camaraderie among them. I'm still not a fan of Jedidiah, but I'm enjoying the other ladies. 

I'm wondering what's up with Paula. Will she be there tomorrow?  Are they phasing her out and just not mentioning her to make people forget about her?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, susieq147 said:

I don't necessarily think it's a fear of a backlash or boycott that is preventing celebs from taking part of Trump's inauguration. I think a lot of celebs have convictions they are choosing to stand by.

Or maybe it's just not worth it, because a certain number of their fans will be pissed either way? It's lose/lose for artists and celebrities who have any sort of career left. (Thus, excluding Scott Baio.)

• Love 2

Paula is home with the flu this week. She worked all last week on GMA with Dan filling in for Robin and George. Sara also was there for pop news with them. Paula may be on tomorrow. Funny thing on her twitter account someone bitched to her about something she said this week on the show. Paula said she was home with the flu, wasn't there. That's the third time that I noticed someone thought Jed was Paula. The other times Paula always says she wasn't there that day. lol Funny to me because Jed is louder with an obvious Brooklyn accent who happens to sit in Paula's old seat.