Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/2/2017

Jaded
  • Start Topic

23 minutes ago, lordonia said:

Or maybe it's just not worth it, because a certain number of their fans will be pissed either way? It's lose/lose for artists and celebrities who have any sort of career left. (Thus, excluding Scott Baio.)

And Jagger, Antonio Sabato, Jr., Jax Ingo Rademacher...

But then there's Bruce Willis...

Yeah I'm kind of confused but it doesn't appear that they are going to get rid of Paula now like predicted as they are down to 6 co-hosts total instead of 8. And if Whoopi is leaving after this season they will definitely need someone else. 

If I had to choose a permanent panel, it would be this one. I wonder who will replace Whoopi. It will upset the group dynamic again, but Meredith could set it straight right away. If Jed could just tone it down just a little maybe I could handle her. Plus, she should come out of the closet as a Republican.

OMG Whoopi had me holding my ears and screaming at the teevee.  She is such a loudmouth know it all. In between Whoopi's rants, they seemed to have fun. Joy thinks Sunny speaks too slowly and tries to speed up her stories. 

• Love 4

I think it is admirable that Hollywood stars stand up for their convictions.  However, I would be really impressed if they were that unified in not supporting other despicable behavior - e.g., women bashing, abuse, rape, murder. .... all heinious crimes.    Like it or not, there is no doubt that many celebrities (and regular folk) fear backlash for supporting republican candidates......hence, the surprise result of the election.  As someone who had their identity stolen and had their life turned upside down when I didn't do anything to warrant an attack, maybe I am not as sympathetic to HRC and the DNC for being hacked.  I wish that our government would be  upset that many innocent Americans are victims of cyber attacks and there is no one to help us an no one outraged.   

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dr. gailey said:

How can they fear a backlash when some celebrities have run as Republicans and won. They voted for the orange idiot, stand by it. Don't try to hide now.

Most claim that ALL the Hollywood "Powers That Be" are left-leaning and will hire whom they prefer.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, backformore said:

Whoopi's scarf is back.  I thought she had replaced it, she had a newer, brighter, US flag scarf yesterday.   but today, it looks like the grey-striped thing is back.

And CROCS.  Whoopi was wearing red rubber Crocs with that ratty old scarf.   Geezus.  She really doesn't care at all anymore.  

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Anymore? I think she stopped caring after her first season on the show.

So true GH.   Still, I'm always a little stunned when she shuffles out in Crocs or the occasional bedroom slipper because the other women really make an effort and it shows.

• Love 4

Good Lord, is Jed still trotting out those discredited videos as reason why she some people think federal funding should be cut?  I thought Whoopi was going to blow a gasket during that argument.  Same old topics, same old arguing over each other. Happy new year, y'all!

• Love 13

A study says that children given sips of alcohol will be more likely to drink alcohol as teenagers.   The View panel says "No, it's not true, because that's not what happened to me." 

WHy are they reporting studies just to say "I don't believe it?" 

• Love 9

I don't have a problem with Republican celebs.  I have a problem with obnoxious Republican celebs.  I won't boycott a celeb simply because they share a different political view than I do.  I continue to enjoy Bruce Willis movies but I will never watch Everyone Loves Raymond reruns or the Middle because of Patricia Heaton.  I cannot stand that shrew of a woman.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, dr. gailey said:

Jediblahblah made me want to punch that heifer in the face 5 minutes into the show. I seriously can't stand this woman.

I was waiting for Whoopi to reach across the table and grab her by the throat.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, dr. gailey said:

Jediblahblah made me want to punch that heifer in the face 5 minutes into the show. I seriously can't stand this woman.

I wish that they would stop talking about that  fake video about Planned parenthood.. It has been debunked and the right, still uses it, to smear Planned Parenthood, for their own agenda. It is on the same level with  the fake news  about Hillary and Podesta, running a pedophile rink, out of a pizza shop.  That type of news, defies credulity, yet, there are people out there, who believes it.   It is disturbing and I understood Whoopie's frustrations.  Whoopie is over Jed and I am on team Whoopie, when it comes to shutting down, Jedeblabla and she needs to come out of the closet, about being, a Republican. It is insane and she is not fooling anybody.. I have nothing against Republicans, I just don't like the smear tactics, combined with the self-righteousness, by some, to push their agenda on everybody.

• Love 13

Jefibkahblahblah, or should I say JEDIBLAHBLAHBLAH...cuz she won't stop YELLING her points at everyone!  

This yelling, aside from the annoying, over -pronounced Bronx accent, and the fake news she continues to spiel makes  me fast forward through her CRAP.

JediYELLER is a bad as as Kellyanne simpering talking points, both twisting the truth. God help us all.  

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

wish that they would stop talking about that  fake video about Planned parenthood.. It has been debunked and the right, still uses it, to smear Planned Parenthood, for their own agenda. It is on the same level with  the fake news  about Hillary and Podesta, running a pedophile rink, out of a pizza shop.  That type of news, defies credulity, yet, there are people out there, who believes it. 

What makes it all the more frustrating is these same people will not believe the things that have irrefutable evidence.  Like Trump on that Access Hollywood video.  His supporters will say oh he didn't mean that.  That isn't true.  But yet they believe Hillary Clinton is in charge of a pedophile ring.  The stupidity is staggering.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Prairiemakeup said:

Did anyone hear what Whoopi said under her breath that caused the blonde one(?) to call her gross?

I thought it was Joy saying Putin had Trump by the short hairs ( an expression I grew up with) which Whoopi said I'm not going to be able to get that picture out of my head. The young ones obviously had not heard it before from their reactions. Pretty descriptive   I'd say. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I thought it was Joy saying Putin had Trump by the short hairs ( an expression I grew up with) which Whoopi said I'm not going to be able to get that picture out of my head. The young ones obviously had not heard it before from their reactions. Pretty descriptive   I'd say. 

Nope wrong gross statement, really did not hear it. 

• Love 1

Today when Whoopi (who was on the show on a Friday no less) made me tear up when she emotionally said she was sorry to the parents and to the victim of that awful hate crime in Chicago. She was outraged, as I am, that the victim who is mentally handicapped thought one of the four was his friend and that he was just going to hang out. To have that happen to him by a friend makes it only worse.

• Love 10

Jed does not need to go. Her beliefs are just different. And that is okay. Silencing people is not the way to go. Why is that becoming the answer these days? The answer is having someone to counter her. Not to completely get rid of her. People want to completely shut down any opinions that aren't lock step with their beliefs. 

Edited by abstractstuff
  • Love 3

Jediblahblah is dead to me. I simply can't stand her playing devils advocate when she is pro-choice. She throws so many extra ingredients into her word salad it is just annoying, imo. And then laughs like a hyena which dismisses anything she said. Kind of like  - gotcha!

• Love 2

So shut her down and kick her out. Isn't that the kind of thing Trump is wanting? But because she is saying things you don't agree with, kick her out. You can't have it both ways. It will not kill you to hear a different opinion. The all mighty Joy should be able to counter. I tend to see her flopping around a lot when it comes to having the specifics. She did it again today. Not knowing the position of who she was talking about. But, so what, who cares? 

• Love 1

Jed can stay as long as Sunny is there to point out how she contradicted what she said the previous week.  I am so sorry Sunny wasn't there to shut down Jed's talk about the alleged Planned Parenthood videos.  It is such a tired argument. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 12

I'd love differening viewpoints if the panelists were able to be civil adults. But conversations mostly just devolve into squabbling with nobody listening to each other and we're right back where we started. Nobody's points are made clearly and nobody -- panelists or viewers -- has been enlightened.

• Love 11

I'm not sure why Jed thinks she has to play devils advocate in an argument. IMO she should state her view. Actually it is up to the moderator to present both sides. 

Joy tried to play devils advocate and was called out for it this week. Unusual. I rarely see The Talk but they seem to introduce a topic and give everyone a chance for a view. OTOH I do kind of like the chitter chatter on this show and the topics, not much into gossip and celebrities.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

Joy tried to play devils advocate and was called out for it this week. Unusual.

Whoopi was so LOUD and INTERRUPTING today that Joy never could get her Devil's Advocate point across.  Whoopi's on a roll...hopefully out the door sooner than later.   And take Jedidiahhahaha with you!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, abstractstuff said:

Jed does not need to go. Her beliefs are just different. And that is okay. Silencing people is not the way to go. Why is that becoming the answer these days? The answer is having someone to counter her. Not to completely get rid of her

I don't mind her beliefs...or professed beliefs.  I mind HER.  I don't like the persona she presents:  so sexy - so many (past) boyfriends - so with it - so smart _ so successful before she came to The View - so popular.  I think the thing that irritates me the most...and I know it's petty, but that's why we're here...is the way she walks onto the set.  She is NOT the Queen of the May.            P.S.  Haven't heard her praise serial sexual harrasser, Roger Ailes, lately.

Edited by Former Nun
removed an extra "s"
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, Prairiemakeup said:

Did anyone hear what Whoopi said under her breath that caused the blonde one(?) to call her gross?

I had closed-captioning on and THEY caught it!  It was a veiled reference to oral sex...a comment about the man's breath.  They were talking about a man's guilt when he's bringing roses et al as a cover-up.

• Love 1

True - Jedi is all over the place with her opinions or just exactly what party she is with - except she is independent on some days.

She just loves to argue and create chaos while making a point. No wonder she was never a star on FOX. And lied about writing for Briebart.

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I don't mind her beliefs...or professed beliefs.  I mind HER.  I don't like the persona she presents:  so sexy - so many (past) boyfriends - so with it - so smart _ so successful before she came to The View - so popular.  I think the thing that irritates me the most...and I know it's petty, but that's why we're here...is the way she walks onto the set.  She is NOT the Queen of the May.            P.S.  Haven't heard her praise serial sexual harrasser, Roger Ailes, lately.

It's funny but I like the way she walks on set - she has a lot of energy and it is cute.   What I don't like is her!  As   my dear departed mother would say, "she has the gift of gab" something none of her three daughters had!  I just wish someone would tell her to shut up and to stop monopolizing  the conversation!

35 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

She just loves to argue and create chaos while making a point. No wonder she was never a star on FOX. And lied about writing for Briebart.

Where did you find out she  lied about writing for Brietbart?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, geekburger said:

"I can't do this anymore"

Whoopi definitely isn't coming back after this season. 

Oooooooh!  Did she [Whoopi] really say that? That's funny because I had the same thought when I tuned in and not only saw her in her bathrobe but Sunny missing.   I lasted as long as I could, which wasn't very long.

3 hours ago, abstractstuff said:

Jed does not need to go. Her beliefs are just different. And that is okay. Silencing people is not the way to go. Why is that becoming the answer these days? The answer is having someone to counter her. Not to completely get rid of her. People want to completely shut down any opinions that aren't lock step with their beliefs. 

I think that's pretty easy in these days of specialized media so I understand this point.    It's not easy to find conflicting opinions on the same show being discussed intelligently although they do exist.   However The Spew is a panel show - there are often five different points of view and Jed seems to enjoy explaining about half of them.  Luckily, I watch for entertainment/snark and not information. 

The most annoying thing about Jediblahblah to me isn't her opinions, but that she always has to be the first person to spew on a topic - any topic and she talks the longest - so long I generally stop listening when she starts contradicting herself.  I liked her at first but geezus she's a motormouth.   I seriously think she's using this gig to audition for a solo gig on cable - Faux maybe?  I hear there is a BIG opening LOL.  

Meanwhile, where's Paula?  I don't share many opinions with her either but I like her on this show.  A lot.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, abstractstuff said:

This made me smile because when I posted that Jed needs to go, it had nothing to do with her opinions or beliefs. I have so many other reasons that I dislike her. I agree with a lot of Whoopi's opinions, but I think she needs to go. On the other hand, I enjoyed Nicolle and I like Paula. Jed is indeed a motormouth. She's more than I want.

That was an interesting look Sara had today.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

This made me smile because when I posted that Jed needs to go, it had nothing to do with her opinions or beliefs. I have so many other reasons that I dislike her. I agree with a lot of Whoopi's opinions, but I think she needs to go. On the other hand, I enjoyed Nicolle and I like Paula. Jed is indeed a motormouth. She's more than I want.

That was an interesting look Sara had today.

That's a good point Morgalisa.  If pressed I have to say I agree with more of Whoopi's opinions than not but I've been advocating her leaving for YEARS.  Ditto aobut Nicolle and Paula.  

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Fannysue said:

You mean Miss Independent?   Next stop will be Miss Republican!

The only Miss Independent I want to think of is Kelly Clarkson's song by that name.

3 hours ago, Fannysue said:

Where did you find out she  lied about writing for Brietbart?

She didn't say she never wrote for the site. Instead she played down what kind of articles she wrote for Briebart and said something stupid about wishing one of her parents a happy birthday in them.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, abstractstuff said:

So shut her down and kick her out. Isn't that the kind of thing Trump is wanting? But because she is saying things you don't agree with, kick her out. You can't have it both ways. It will not kill you to hear a different opinion. The all mighty Joy should be able to counter. I tend to see her flopping around a lot when it comes to having the specifics. She did it again today. Not knowing the position of who she was talking about. But, so what, who cares? 

What I dislike about Jed is her tendency to present an opposing view but not own it.  She often talks about the conservative view as "the right", instead of admitting that it's what she herself thinks.   She ends up coming across as inauthentic.  I'd like her more if she would be genuine, and address her own views, not those of a political party that she insists she doesn't belong to.

It's what I've said before about the show. It used to be about women expressing their own opinions, not conservative vs. liberal, Republican vs. Democratic. 

• Love 16