Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

I don't think it would be that difficult for Erika to read a text and react before production ever knew what happened. It takes like 3 seconds. 

Well PK was the one with the view and I doubt that he has her phone number. Not to mention her phone was most likely in her purse.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

Well PK was the one with the view and I doubt that he has her phone number. Not to mention her phone was most likely in her purse.

Even if Kyle sent her the text, as you pointed out, her phone was most likely in her clutch as it was not in her hand. LOL

• Love 3

Have you never sent an on the down low text to a friend? You text her, you get her attention and you mouth "check your phone". I'm just saying it could have been done. There are a million reasons why it wasn't, but it certainly isn't an impossible situation. It happens every night in social situations around the world. Thank god for cell phones.

I never suggested PK would send her a text. He isn't her friend and I wouldn't expect her to tell her in the first place. Kyle is the one who said she had a full view and figured it out. If it were me, I'd let my friend know. I think Kyle has entertainment-related reasons for not doing so, but that's just my opinion. 

Edited by Otherkate
  • Love 5
On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 10:43 AM, wings707 said:

I hope the high five at the dinner table between Dorit and Erika was truly the end of this nonsense.  Probably good for Erika that it did come up, though. The look on her face, when she learned, was genuine horror.  She won't do that again. 

While I also hope the high five was the end of the nonsense, Erika can lose me with the "genuine horror" look.  She knew what she was doing; this is a woman who has "pat the puss" as one of her canned things to do during her performances.  If she didn't realize the possibility that going commando with such a short skirt could easily result in people getting a "show," then she's dumber than I think.  I do think both she and Dorit dragged it out without any good reason.

Which reminds me, since Kyle had that bedroom switched out to a dressing room, how come she didn't realize her underwear was showing?  Wasn't one of the purposes so that she could get dressed in more comfort?  Doesn't that include one (or more) full size mirrors??

On LVP and more pets - at some point they lack the time to devote real attention to the pets if they keep adding to the menagerie. And it's not fair to ask the staff to take on the emotional well being of their animals.  So I can see why they don't add even more dogs to the group.

Dorit can lose the fake accent anytime now; it's just affected, not even really British.

• Love 7

While I do think Dorit went overboard white her "joke" I honestly don't think that she meant it to be antagonistic.  My problem with Dorit is the same one I have with Ericka. They are both very affected in their behaviors and onscreen personas. In Dorit's  case it comes across as obnoxious and lacking the social cue that she has gone too far. In Ericka's case she comes across as humorless and condescending. 

What I find interesting is how LisaV is being pulled into it. This is the second season in a row where cast members, producers, and general internet commentary has pitted Lisa and Ericka against each other with absolutely nothing to back it up.

Last season so much was made of "sniper from the side" and "spins a web" comments that Katherine repeated to Lisa. And yet, Lisa brushed them off. She joked about it at the construction site and even told everyone to stop when she saw Ericka wasn't playing along and was uncomfortable.  In fact, the only shit stirring Andy could come up with re LisaV vs. Ericka at the reunion, was pointing out Lisa's dress looked like one that Ericka wore during her talking heads.

This year, Rinna (who I am still rooting for) tried to insinuate that Pantygate Was LVP set up in last week's blog. Then we see Rinna and Eileen actually joking in on making fun of the situation. Producers tried to make LVP's sarcasm about being asked to do Y&R first seem like a dig against Ericka - and some recaps even went as far as saying Lisa was trying to humiliate Ericka. 

Yet Ericka interviewed at the end of last season and again before this season started that she and Lisa were on good terms and still getting to know each other. That disconnect between what producers think we want (fighting between Lisa and Ericka) and what is actually happening really interests me. 

It makes me wonder why the producers don't see how the real relationship dynamics between all of women would be much more interesting (at least for me) than these really stilted and forced interactions. Which brings me back to Ericka and Dorit. Because "forced and stilted" describes both of them IMO.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Otherkate said:

I don't think it would be that difficult for Erika to read a text and react before production ever knew what happened. It takes like 3 seconds. 

Kate, they don't have their phones out when they are filming and conversing in a group because of the noise and the distraction to the conversation.  It would look pretty stupid for Kyle to whip out her phone in mid-conversation and send a text. It is Erika, and Erika's responsibility alone to keep her private parts covered, with or without underwear.  If anyone could have saved the day, it would have been production, who might have turned the cameras off and told her, instead of focusing in on PK's reactions.

• Love 14
37 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

Have you never sent an on the down low text to a friend? You text her, you get her attention and you mouth "check your phone". I'm just saying it could have been done. There are a million reasons why it wasn't, but it certainly isn't an impossible situation. It happens every night in social situations around the world. Thank god for cell phones.

I never suggested PK would send her a text. He isn't her friend and I wouldn't expect her to tell her in the first place. Kyle is the one who said she had a full view and figured it out. If it were me, I'd let my friend know. I think Kyle has entertainment-related reasons for not doing so, but that's just my opinion. 

As pointed out they don't have their phones on when filming but also if Kyle is getting Erika's attention and mouthing "check your phone" she is also most likely getting the attention of the camera person and producers who are standing right there. It's not at all the same thing as hanging out in a group of people when nor filming.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, izabella said:

LVP advocates for LGBT rights, and that is still highly controversial in many parts of the country.  Not in Hollywood, and not on Bravo, but quite a few other places, it's still a BIG controversy.

While it is still controversial in some areas, the support on the show is general and stays away from real time issues (right to service, the bathroom controversy, etc.). I think when you get into the nitty gritty of controversial issues is when you may offend or lose viewers because of difference in beliefs/opinions. Someone may not support the LGBTQ community but is unlikely to be offended by the mere mention of someone expressing their love and support. Now if that person were to put themselves in situations where the community and their concerns were often represented on the show, it is more likely to be considered offensive by some.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Otherkate said:

You have to factor in that there were several cameras present as well as production members so I doubt they could get away with it without 1 of the crew seeing it. LOL I can see Erika answering her cell, seeing it is from Kyle and looking at her like WTH and then its on with the crew trying to catch what ever is going on and these crew members know it would have been a heads up about something embarrassing!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

While it is still controversial in some areas, the support on the show is general and stays away from real time issues (right to service, the bathroom controversy, etc.). I think when you get into the nitty gritty of controversial issues is when you may offend or lose viewers because of difference in beliefs/opinions. Someone may not support the LGBTQ community but is unlikely to be offended by the mere mention of someone expressing their love and support. Now if that person were to put themselves in situations where the community and their concerns were often represented on the show, it is more likely to be considered offensive by some.

Lisa has gone to that point in her support IMO. When there was the big debate/uproar about same sex marriage being legalized, Lisa got her license to perform them.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

While I do think Dorit went overboard white her "joke" I honestly don't think that she meant it to be antagonistic.  My problem with Dorit is the same one I have with Ericka. They are both very affected in their behaviors and onscreen personas. In Dorit's  case it comes across as obnoxious and lacking the social cue that she has gone too far. In Ericka's case she comes across as humorless and condescending. 

What I find interesting is how LisaV is being pulled into it. This is the second season in a row where cast members, producers, and general internet commentary has pitted Lisa and Ericka against each other with absolutely nothing to back it up.

Last season so much was made of "sniper from the side" and "spins a web" comments that Katherine repeated to Lisa. And yet, Lisa brushed them off. She joked about it at the construction site and even told everyone to stop when she saw Ericka wasn't playing along and was uncomfortable.  In fact, the only shit stirring Andy could come up with re LisaV vs. Ericka at the reunion, was pointing out Lisa's dress looked like one that Ericka wore during her talking heads.

This year, Rinna (who I am still rooting for) tried to insinuate that Pantygate Was LVP set up in last week's blog. Then we see Rinna and Eileen actually joking in on making fun of the situation. Producers tried to make LVP's sarcasm about being asked to do Y&R first seem like a dig against Ericka - and some recaps even went as far as saying Lisa was trying to humiliate Ericka. 

Yet Ericka interviewed at the end of last season and again before this season started that she and Lisa were on good terms and still getting to know each other. That disconnect between what producers think we want (fighting between Lisa and Ericka) and what is actually happening really interests me. 

It makes me wonder why the producers don't see how the real relationship dynamics between all of women would be much more interesting (at least for me) than these really stilted and forced interactions. Which brings me back to Ericka and Dorit. Because "forced and stilted" describes both of them IMO.

Yes, I have often wondered why the Erika vs. LVP came from other than the obvious Yolanda.  Oh and then there is this clip:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-6/episode-23/videos/erika-girardi-is-not-happy-with (note shit eating grin on Yolanda's face) Rinna and Erika in this case were equally guilty of objectifying people to "win" an argument.  Rinna did it repeatedly to and about Yolanda.  I thought it so odd from the get go Tom was calling LVP an alligator waiting for her prey.  I believe Erika who is humorless and condescending can also add a little paranoid to her resume.  When they were at Wally's, at Kathyrn and LVP both asked Erika when or how she knew Yolanda she went a little bat shit crazy.  It was fairly obvious the two of them didn't know each other from Eve prior to the show, but Erika pretty much confirmed it.

I believe Erika and LVP have become friends which will probably blow up after they watch the season, read the blogs and hear the confessionals.  LVP did go out of her way this week in her blog to mention how truly embarrassed Erika was over her snatchchat.  Now if only Erika would realize she needs to tone the hair and make up down about 10 notches to get rid of the "forced and stilted' persona.

Something tells me Rinna will continue to receive fallout for her 'truth seeking' and big mouth.

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Yes, I have often wondered why the Erika vs. LVP came from other than the obvious Yolanda.  Oh and then there is this clip:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-6/episode-23/videos/erika-girardi-is-not-happy-with (note shit eating grin on Yolanda's face) Rinna and Erika in this case were equally guilty of objectifying people to "win" an argument.  Rinna did it repeatedly to and about Yolanda.  I thought it so odd from the get go Tom was calling LVP an alligator waiting for her prey.  I believe Erika who is humorless and condescending can also add a little paranoid to her resume.  When they were at Wally's, at Kathyrn and LVP both asked Erika when or how she knew Yolanda she went a little bat shit crazy.  It was fairly obvious the two of them didn't know each other from Eve prior to the show, but Erika pretty much confirmed it.

Though asking the how do you know each other is a bit shady too because we know full well that they will add women to the cast who are supposed to be an "old friend" of housewife x when nothing could be further from the truth.

Adrienne was never Kennedy's godmother. I think the kids went to the same school or something. Neither was Adrienne good friends with Brandi. I think Adrienne's lawyer who is Brandi's friend recommended Brandi. Brandi was not friends with Cedric. Kyle knew Marisa through Mauricio. And none of them really knew Kathryn, though Eileen knew Marcus' penis and Kathryn had been a peripheral player in some of their real friendships with Faye and Kris Jenner. On RHoNY, Heather was friends with Kristen's husband, Josh. On Atlanta, they barely even tried with Kim Fields.

So I think asking about Erika and Yolanda's friendship is pointless and dumb because we know that half of these "old friendships" are artifice. That being said, Yolanda and Erika should have come up with something like attending a couple of David's charity events. It would imply that they're friendly, but not close.

Thinking about this topic makes me realize to effectively add cast to these shows with the least amount of artifice, you need a socialite who routinely throws huge annual events or a real estate agent. Then you can explain the relationship to a new castmember by saying they attend your charity event or is one of your real estate clients. Everything else comes across as faker than fake.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Though asking the how do you know each other is a bit shady too because we know full well that they will add women to the cast who are supposed to be an "old friend" of housewife x when nothing could be further from the truth.

Adrienne was never Kennedy's godmother. I think the kids went to the same school or something. Neither was Adrienne good friends with Brandi. I think Adrienne's lawyer who is Brandi's friend recommended Brandi. Brandi was not friends with Cedric. Kyle knew Marisa through Mauricio. And none of them really knew Kathryn, though Eileen knew Marcus' penis and Kathryn had been a peripheral player in some of their real friendships with Faye and Kris Jenner. On RHoNY, Heather was friends with Kristen's husband, Josh. On Atlanta, they barely even tried with Kim Fields.

So I think asking about Erika and Yolanda's friendship is pointless and dumb because we know that half of these "old friendships" are artifice. That being said, Yolanda and Erika should have come up with something like attending a couple of David's charity events. It would imply that they're friendly, but not close.

Thinking about this topic makes me realize to effectively add cast to these shows with the least amount of artifice, you need a socialite who routinely throws huge annual events or a real estate agent. Then you can explain the relationship to a new castmember by saying they attend your charity event or is one of your real estate clients. Everything else comes across as faker than fake.

Joyce and Carlton were added as friends of the Chamber of Commerce, Kathryn had no connection, other than Rinna remembered her.  So I do think it was kind of insult to create a friend and fierce advocate for Yolanda.  My guess is Yolanda demanded it for her return.  All one had to do was watch the very uncomfortable meeting with the Girardis and the Fosters to see there was nothing there. 

Once again I think Erika overreacted, and was unnecessarily harsh as many before her had been added with little or no connection.   I guess raunchy recording star married to a dinosaur wasn't going to cut it.

Shannon RHOC had zero connections so they used same architect.  Evolution Media tends to be a little less faked, but I agree about Brandi, and that was on her, her agent and Cedric's agent.  Brandi was truly friends with Adrienne's attorney and I think Adrienne would be open to anyone coming on as she brought us Taylor.

The newest one being introduced next week is someone shoestring friendship with Rinna, the fakest person on the planet.   

• Love 8

I think PK could have said something silly like, "I see London, I see France ..." and pretended Erika's labial beauty was too much for his heart and handed her a napkin. Everyone could have had a laugh and PK would have made himself, rather than Erika, the butt of the joke. I think a quick thinking gentleman could have pulled it off but I'm not sure PK is either quick thinking or a gentleman. If I were there and I couldn't tell her discreetly, and there were too many cameras for discretion, that's what I would have done.

I don't think Erika flashed anyone intentionally but she's on notice now to keep her cootchie out of view when socializing with the Housewives.

I do think Erika is guarded and a little paranoid but she's right to be paranoid. Dorit spoke to every single HW and her husband before speaking to Erika. And even then she was coy and not direct. I think that's what made Erika so uncomfortable and (repressed) angry.

• Love 7

After watching the episode...dorit was like a dog with a bone...and for the most part...erika acted like Dorit was an annoying fly.  For the most part, Erika not really reacting in the typical housewife way made Dorit look thristy.  

• Love 7

sorry but two episodes about old Tommy's munch muff playing peekaboo does not a story line make. Really tired of watching the plastic primpstress Barbie being played with by grown assed men. She is quite dreary, no fun nor sense of humor. She can writhe and pat her puss out the door. Booooring!

Edited by Giselle
repeated myself so I made it go away
  • Love 16
11 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Kate, they don't have their phones out when they are filming and conversing in a group because of the noise and the distraction to the conversation.  It would look pretty stupid for Kyle to whip out her phone in mid-conversation and send a text. It is Erika, and Erika's responsibility alone to keep her private parts covered, with or without underwear.  If anyone could have saved the day, it would have been production, who might have turned the cameras off and told her, instead of focusing in on PK's reactions.

I don't really care for Erika, but I'm not personally willing to go this far.  I do not dress provocatively, but I'm sure going to tell, even a virtual stranger, if she's exposing herself.  And I wouldn't care if I looked stupid doing it.  Tara Reid once wore a very risky dress, and had an entire breast exposed on the red carpet.  I bet she's really glad that people didn't assume she was an attention seeking ho, and that it was her responsibility, and her responsibility alone to keep her parts covered.  Just let her mosey on down the line and show the world her botched plastic surgery.  I'm sure that was her true goal.

And I just can't buy that everyone present had the perfect shot of Erika's stuff.  First of all, it may be due to my excessive modesty.  If I think I'm seeing something I shouldn't, or even suspect it, I avert my eyes.  So while it's every individual person's responsibility to cover their parts, it's my responsibility not to leer.  It's getting so overly silly.  I'm imagining the Duggar family is going to pop up and scream "NIKE!" because a brazen woman is defrauding one of their boys.  Cause it's always the woman's fault that a man looks, right?  I mean, they're just men!  I guess these "just men" can't help staring at breast feeding mothers.  Maybe we should ban the practice from public so men aren't defrauded by immodest women.  I kid (sort of).

But mostly, I don't believe people saw much because it's just not that easy to catch a glimpse.  Even the famous scene in Basic Instinct required Sharon Stone to keep uncrossing and re-crossing her legs, plus a light shot right into the crotch.  I'm a nurse who's seen many a female vulva, and I'm pretty sure I would have to squint and focus hard to distinguish flesh colored underwear from a shaved crotch.  Even a gynecologist needs a spot light and legs in a stirrup to get to business.

Mostly I hope the topic just goes away, because it's starting to sound so 1950s.  For the record, I typically wear underwear, but I'm not the underwear police.  And while I'm not interested in seeing bare vulvas around town, I wasn't interested in seeing butt crack the last fifteen years, but I've seen it a hell of a lot.  Who would have thought it's better to show your ass crack than a glimpse of panty?

• Love 13
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I don't really care for Erika, but I'm not personally willing to go this far.  I do not dress provocatively, but I'm sure going to tell, even a virtual stranger, if she's exposing herself.  And I wouldn't care if I looked stupid doing it.  Tara Reid once wore a very risky dress, and had an entire breast exposed on the red carpet.  I bet she's really glad that people didn't assume she was an attention seeking ho, and that it was her responsibility, and her responsibility alone to keep her parts covered.  Just let her mosey on down the line and show the world her botched plastic surgery.  I'm sure that was her true goal.

And I just can't buy that everyone present had the perfect shot of Erika's stuff.  First of all, it may be due to my excessive modesty.  If I think I'm seeing something I shouldn't, or even suspect it, I avert my eyes.  So while it's every individual person's responsibility to cover their parts, it's my responsibility not to leer.  It's getting so overly silly.  I'm imagining the Duggar family is going to pop up and scream "NIKE!" because a brazen woman is defrauding one of their boys.  Cause it's always the woman's fault that a man looks, right?  I mean, they're just men!  I guess these "just men" can't help staring at breast feeding mothers.  Maybe we should ban the practice from public so men aren't defrauded by immodest women.  I kid (sort of).

But mostly, I don't believe people saw much because it's just not that easy to catch a glimpse.  Even the famous scene in Basic Instinct required Sharon Stone to keep uncrossing and re-crossing her legs, plus a light shot right into the crotch.  I'm a nurse who's seen many a female vulva, and I'm pretty sure I would have to squint and focus hard to distinguish flesh colored underwear from a shaved crotch.  Even a gynecologist needs a spot light and legs in a stirrup to get to business.

Mostly I hope the topic just goes away, because it's starting to sound so 1950s.  For the record, I typically wear underwear, but I'm not the underwear police.  And while I'm not interested in seeing bare vulvas around town, I wasn't interested in seeing butt crack the last fifteen years, but I've seen it a hell of a lot.  Who would have thought it's better to show your ass crack than a glimpse of panty?

When Erika first arrived, chances are she probably sat down and the folks (sans Ken) saw her mons veneris and probably thought it was nude coloured panties.  By the time LVP made the underwear joke, about Kyle, I think for the most part she had covered the view.  I don't think it was until she mentioned she was going commando, it became an salacious.  That is wholly on Erika, whether it was for shock value or entertainment value she opened herself up to the comments of the others of what they thought they were seeing and what they actually got a view of. 

I applaud all the people who would have just told Erika on camera they could see up her dress, but it didn't happen on the show and it really wasn't anyone's responsibility.  I thought Dorit sounded stupid saying her husband could not stop looking.  When we see him on camera speaking with Erika he is looking at her face and that is after the no undies declaration. Obviously the situation would not have occurred had Erika sat properly but more importantly, not mentioned she wasn't wearing underwear.  My thoughts are with her "glam squad" they should be checking out not just the fit, when standing and taking a bunch of photos of her but the practical aspect.  This is a woman who brags she has her hair, make up and wardrobe done every day and doesn't even own a cosmetic bag.  Maybe Erika should take a more objective view than surrounding herself with well-paid butt kissers.

I am laughing over your butt cracks comment.  years ago Kim Kardashian did a spread for W magazine, where her body was painted.  When the issue came out she is seen on her reality show, wailing and carrying on about the world seeing her butt crack.  Over and over.  First off how stupid are you to think paint covers your parts-it is the same parts with color applied.  After such a display I noticed she now posted it as a throwback http://www.wmagazine.com/story/kim-kardashian-nude-instagram

Erika who always seems argumentative about any possible suggestions about her and a bit of a contrarian, to me, showed that she does have an area of vulnerability.  Her initial response was her go to fashion forward nonsense and then to blame others for her faux pas.  Own it Erika, own it. 

• Love 8
On 12/30/2016 at 0:09 AM, breezy424 said:

Yeah, there was no way to let Erika know that she was exposed in that situation.  It was a small group in a small seating area.  Where was PK supposed to move to?  Was he suppose to casually walk around and stand behind Ken and Lisa?  That was his only choice and wouldn't have that looked quite awkward?  

How about you shift your weight to the other buttock and engage with one of the other people sitting in that pretty small circle, and when required to look at/speak to Erika, look at her face? 

I agree that it was a totally foreseeable/preventable problem on her part, but grownups have the ability to not stare when they don't want to. Even more, the ability to pretend they weren't staring when they did. Had he snuck a look, she caught him, and his defense was "sorry, it was just a surprise!" that'd be one thing. Had his wife caught him sneaking a look and called him on it later at home, fine. Instead he made it a whole thing after the fact to get a reaction out of his wife AND embarrass Erika on national television. Dick move, so he deserves his share of blame for it.

• Love 8

She can writhe and pat her puss out the door.

That's how I leave for work every morning!

(I do NOT. Well, maybe I writhe just a little.)

Yes! This is so similar to the dress-code crap that happens in schools sometimes (junior highs, mainly, I think?): girls are told nor "revealing" clothes (quotes because they include things like skirts that don't reach the knee or sleeveless shirts) because they are distracting to boys. How 'bout we teach boys that noticeably ogling ain't appropriate!

Her initial response was her go to fashion forward nonsense and then to blame others for her faux pas.  Own it Erika, own it. 

I don't feel like she blamed them for it but that she was pissy in part due to embarrassment* (which, yes, she could have prevented had she been more careful) and in part due to the "beating a dead horse" teasing peppered with implications that she did it on purpose along with the fact that it seemed like everyone had the time and inclination to talk about it to each other about it after but no one had two seconds in the present to try to alert her (regardless of whether it was possible to do that in front of cameras). 

(* IMO, she's perfectly entitled to be be embarrassed about this regardless of her stage-performance antics and wardrobe; the former wasn't intentional while the latter is.)

It's all crazy to me. Erika made a mistake (not even necessarily by eschewing underwear but by momentarily not monitoring each move she made in that dress)--she didn't sit her ass down completely bottomless and expect no reaction. And, yeah, to really see solid proof quickly, one would have to lean over to seat level and look directly in between her legs; I think a single downward glance from a normal upright position would leave some doubt, unless her dress's hem was literally around her waist. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 8
49 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

That's how I leave for work every morning!

(I do NOT. Well, maybe I writhe just a little.)

Yes! This is so similar to the dress-code crap that happens in schools sometimes (junior highs, mainly, I think?): girls are told nor "revealing" clothes (quotes because they include things like skirts that don't reach the knee or sleeveless shirts) because they are distracting to boys. How 'bout we teach boys that noticeably ogling ain't appropriate!

I don't feel like she blamed them for it but that she was pissy in part due to embarrassment* (which, yes, she could have prevented had she been more careful) and in part due to the "beating a dead horse" teasing peppered with implications that she did it on purpose along with the fact that it seemed like everyone had the time and inclination to talk about it to each other about it after but no one had two seconds in the present to try to alert her (regardless of whether it was possible to do that in front of cameras). 

(* IMO, she's perfectly entitled to be be embarrassed about this regardless of her stage-performance antics and wardrobe; the former wasn't intentional while the latter is.)

It's all crazy to me. Erika made a mistake (not even necessarily by eschewing underwear but by momentarily not monitoring each move she made in that dress)--she didn't sit her ass down completely bottomless and expect no reaction. And, yeah, to really see solid proof quickly, one would have to lean over to seat level and look directly in between her legs; I think a single downward glance from a normal upright position would leave some doubt, unless her dress's hem was literally around her waist. 

Well, the right side of her dress was several inches shorter than the left side, it had an angled hem, and a button about 2 inched above the hem on the right side holding it closed. That button landed low on her right hip/upper thigh area and when she sat it looks like she had to keep her hand on that button area to hold it down/in place. http://forums.previously.tv/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=http://i67.tinypic.com/2lw0m11.jpg&key=ba940794975cfb43733eb27313cb041773cb99840a71cf9e26ead7b4535759fd 

Again, no one here has accused her of flashing the others on purpose, we have only questioned the wisdom of wearing this type of dress without undies when you are being filmed sitting down, who had the responsibility of letting her know she was exposed and when they should/could have told her with the least amount of additional embarrassment to her. LOL

• Love 6

Well, yes, right--I don't think I questioned any of that? I'm not sure how to reply here. We've discussed that Dorit implied she did it on purpose though. And while it's no one's official responsibility to babysit Erika's hemline regardless of her dress's construction, many of us think it's a courteous thing to at least try to alert her. And we've been talking about whether she's justified in her annoyance and whether or not it was truly as obvious as they're saying, so I added a couple of thoughts.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, TattleTeeny said:

Well, yes, right--I don't think I questioned any of that? I'm not sure how to reply here. We've discussed that Dorit implied she did it on purpose though. And while it's no one's official responsibility to babysit Erika's hemline regardless of her dress's construction, many of us think it's a courteous thing to at least try to alert her. And we've been talking about whether she's justified in her annoyance so I added a thought about that.

My initial point was about the dress hem/length. You mentioned that it wasn't around her waist, I agreed it wasn't but pointed out that it was a very short/high hem line (upper, upper thigh/lower hip) none the less. LOL

Dorit said that because she didn't know Erika she "wondered" if she had done it on purpose but then said she "really didn't think she did". Yes, she said it out loud to her husband and them to the others on camera so it's out there no matter what. I have also tried to think of ways someone could have let Erika know during filming and I can't imagine any scenario that wouldn't give production a heads up, thereby having production focus the cameras in on the problem, which would cause more embarrassment IMO. Why didn't Kyle give Erika a heads up after the cameras were gone but before they got to the White party, she had the best relationship with Erika of all those present, then, why didn't Eileen tell Erika about it after Dorit told her/Rinna, seeing that they are very close friends instead of encouraging Dorit to tease Erika about it? Yes, Dorit took the teasing too far but she was encouraged to do it, first by Kyle then Eileen/Rinna and I suspect she thought that meant Erika would be fine with it. IMO, Erika should be most annoyed with Eileen because they are friends and her good friend didn't give her a heads up before her Escape event. 

• Love 3

I have also tried to think of ways someone could have let Erika know during filming and I can't imagine any scenario that wouldn't give production a heads up, thereby having production focus the cameras in on the problem, which would cause more embarrassment IMO.

Agreed, but people don't know until they try; I (and a few other considerate people here) have mentioned the we would at least try. I don't understand what's wrong with that.

My initial point was about the dress hem/length. You mentioned that it wasn't around her waist, I agreed it wasn't but pointed out that it was a very short/high hem line (upper, upper thigh/lower hip) none the less. LOL

Right, OK, but that doesn't change that I personally believe (as a frequent wearer of vintage dresses that barely clear the ass. With tights, of course, but aware of hemlines) that one would have to deliberately lean in to confirm what was showing.

I apologize but I'm just really not sure what, if anything, is being debated here with the "you said/I said" stuff, as we're not quite talking about the same things. I'm simply participating in the conversation with my own thoughts and not trying to debunk anything.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Agreed, but people don't know until they try; I (and a few other considerate people here) have mentioned the we would at least try. I don't understand what's wrong with that.

Right, OK, but that doesn't change that I personally believe (as a frequent wearer of vintage dresses that barely clear the ass. With tights, of course, but aware of hemlines) that one would have to deliberately lean in to confirm what was showing.

I apologize but I'm just really not sure what, if anything, is being debated here with the "you said/I said" stuff, as we're not quite talking about the same things. I'm simply participating in the conversation with my own thoughts and not trying to debunk anything.

As was I! I will now step away and agree to disagree.

22 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Dorit said that because she didn't know Erika she "wondered" if she had done it on purpose but then said she "really didn't think she did". Yes, she said it out loud to her husband and them to the others on camera so it's out there no matter what. I have also tried to think of ways someone could have let Erika know during filming and I can't imagine any scenario that wouldn't give production a heads up, thereby having production focus the cameras in on the problem, which would cause more embarrassment IMO. Why didn't Kyle give Erika a heads up after the cameras were gone but before they got to the White party, she had the best relationship with Erika of all those present, then, why didn't Eileen tell Erika about it after Dorit told her/Rinna, seeing that they are very close friends instead of encouraging Dorit to tease Erika about it? Yes, Dorit took the teasing too far but she was encouraged to do it, first by Kyle then Eileen/Rinna and I suspect she thought that meant Erika would be fine with it. IMO, Erika should be most annoyed with Eileen because they are friends and her good friend didn't give her a heads up before her Escape event. 

I don't think they were sitting down at the White Party, I think it was a step and repeat and few a cocktails type affair.  At some point Erika was aware of the situation because she got a napkin to cover her lap.

56 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Well, the right side of her dress was several inches shorter than the left side, it had an angled hem, and a button about 2 inched above the hem on the right side holding it closed. That button landed low on her right hip/upper thigh area and when she sat it looks like she had to keep her hand on that button area to hold it down/in place. http://forums.previously.tv/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=http://i67.tinypic.com/2lw0m11.jpg&key=ba940794975cfb43733eb27313cb041773cb99840a71cf9e26ead7b4535759fd 

Again, no one here has accused her of flashing the others on purpose, we have only questioned the wisdom of wearing this type of dress without undies when you are being filmed sitting down, who had the responsibility of letting her know she was exposed and when they should/could have told her with the least amount of additional embarrassment to her. LOL

Hey where did Erika get the napkin from?  They all have their drinks and there do not appear to be any napkins like the one LVP adjusted? it looked like a dinner napkin.  I am beginning to wonder if there wasn't some sort of heads up to Erika.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

As was I! I will now step away and agree to disagree.

OK--but I still don't know where or even if we disagreed! I have no problem, I swear, just really confused! Carry on with whatever topic, I'm good over here, I promise! I have to make food for a party tonight anyway--a party with neither ponies nor pool, bah!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I don't think they were sitting down at the White Party, I think it was a step and repeat and few a cocktails type affair.  At some point Erika was aware of the situation because she got a napkin to cover her lap.

Hey where did Erika get the napkin from?  They all have their drinks and there do not appear to be any napkins like the one LVP adjusted? it looked like a dinner napkin.  I am beginning to wonder if there wasn't some sort of heads up to Erika.

Even if they weren't going to be sitting down, Kyle should have clued Erika in that she inadvertently exposed herself. I only say Kyle because she was on better terms with Erika than Lisa was or newbie Dorit at the time. No matter what, I still don't understand why Eileen didn't let Erika know about it before the Escape Room event or why she encouraged Dorit in teasing Erika about it.

Good catch about the large black napkin, where did it come from? LOL

• Love 1
1 minute ago, TattleTeeny said:

OK--but I still don't know where or even if we disagreed! I have no problem, I swear, just really confused! Carry on with whatever topic, I'm good over here, I promise!

I wasn't trying to argue/debate with you. I was just adding in some other observations, like the dress length/slit. And I still can't see a way to let Erika know during filming without making matters more embarrassing, off camera yes, on camera, no. LOL Those pesky camera people just love to get shots of these cast members exposing themselves in various ways, then replaying it over and over again. LOL

• Love 1

Haha, I'd be the HW waving my hands and/or making a weird face that I hope conveyed, "Yo, lady--pull it down!" And then have to explain my behavior later because viewers would think I'd lost it.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, editorgrrl said:

Is it just me, or have the housewives eaten a whole lot more this season?

I'm not so sure they actually eat, at least on camera. They go to restaurants/others HW dinner parties/events/trips and get served some wonderfully delicious looking food but we really don't see them do more than pushing the food around on their plate! Maybe they take a bite when the cameras are focusing on others and it explains why some seem to get drunk/tipsy a lot, or they eat on camera  after they get plastered (Brandi/Carlton). LOL Kandi (Atl.) is one of the few HWs that has no problem eating on camera!

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I wasn't trying to argue/debate with you. I was just adding in some other observations, like the dress length/slit. And I still can't see a way to let Erika know during filming without making matters more embarrassing, off camera yes, on camera, no. LOL Those pesky camera people just love to get shots of these cast members exposing themselves in various ways, then replaying it over and over again. LOL

Erika is lucky that the camera person didn't move to the other side to get a better view, although it would be funny if they showed her with a big black bar over her lap. I've also been wondering about where she got that napkin...

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Even if they weren't going to be sitting down, Kyle should have clued Erika in that she inadvertently exposed herself. I only say Kyle because she was on better terms with Erika than Lisa was or newbie Dorit at the time. No matter what, I still don't understand why Eileen didn't let Erika know about it before the Escape Room event or why she encouraged Dorit in teasing Erika about it.

Good catch about the large black napkin, where did it come from? LOL

Since Erika is essentially denying it happened all that would happen is Erika would be angry with Kyle.  My guess is Kyle was hoping the matter would not come up again-in the moment.  Obviously it wasn't the case. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Since Erika is essentially denying it happened all that would happen is Erika would be angry with Kyle.  My guess is Kyle was hoping the matter would not come up again-in the moment.  Obviously it wasn't the case. 

Ok, I can believe that. Now, can anyone explain why Eileen didn't give Erika a heads up before the Escape Room gathering or was she setting Dorit up? LOL

• Love 2

I posted  a link awhile back with Heather Dubrow and Kyle chatting about the crew.  One of the things Kyle said is one cameraman like take shots of the ladies' backsides (my guess who told Kyle she a visible pantyline offense), so I am wondering filming the next day at the PK palace if perhaps one of the cameraman didn't mention it and get the conversation rolling between PK and Dorit.  It seemed a little canned to me.  Kyle also seemed to know that Dorit would bring up the exposure, so in terms of moving things along, I believe there was a not so subtle nudge to keep the conversation going. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, editorgrrl said:

Is it just me, or have the housewives eaten a whole lot more this season?

Seems like they've skipped the Amuse Bouche and are heading right to the meat course to begin devouring each other.

Peeking past pretty ponies prancing precariously poolside pondering pooches.

• Love 10

I thought it was pretty funny, unintended comic relief when the ladies were assiduously working to solve the puzzles at the Escape Room and the camera cut to Dorit and she was looking directly into the lens, posing with her hand on her hip. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, ladle said:

I thought it was pretty funny, unintended comic relief when the ladies were assiduously working to solve the puzzles at the Escape Room and the camera cut to Dorit and she was looking directly into the lens, posing with her hand on her hip. 

LOL That is such a newbie mistake.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I posted  a link awhile back with Heather Dubrow and Kyle chatting about the crew.  One of the things Kyle said is one cameraman like take shots of the ladies' backsides (my guess who told Kyle she a visible pantyline offense), so I am wondering filming the next day at the PK palace if perhaps one of the cameraman didn't mention it and get the conversation rolling between PK and Dorit.  It seemed a little canned to me.  Kyle also seemed to know that Dorit would bring up the exposure, so in terms of moving things along, I believe there was a not so subtle nudge to keep the conversation going. 

There might have been a nudge by the crew. The thing that occurred to me was that if someone in the cast had tried to quietly let Erika know while their microphones were still hot, this would have turned into a bigger thing than it already is.

PK tells Dorit and Dorit tells Erika. Erika denies that it happened. Then Erika accuses PK of ogling. They both bristle, but agree to let it go. Dorit gossips to Eileen and Rinna. They all laugh about. At the next thing when all of the women are together Rinna, Eileen, or LVP bring it up again and set off the Great Snatch War. It divided us, laid us bare, and open for all the world to see.

• Love 4
On 12/30/2016 at 6:37 PM, HunterHunted said:

I don't think there was anything intrinsically shady about a housewife asking another how they know the person who brought them in. Mainly because the backstory is in place and it has to be explained to the audience at some point. While people may find LisaV shady, that is perfectly reasonable question that housewives have asked newbies since they started introducing new housewives to the fray. If anything it was a boilerplate question that only required an equally boilerplate answer. 

Usually, the new housewife will respond with an answer they are comfortable with. Heather Dubrow just left it at Tamra was her realtor. Taylor took a gamble and claimed Adrian was her daughter's godmother. She could have easily gone with their kids go to the same school and there would have been no controversy. 

My point is that every newbie has the opportunity to say in their own words how or if they are connected to the show. Some do it through it through a talking head, others do it through conversations with their costar. In the case of Ericka, all she had to say was she met Yolanda through her husband. 

ETA: Yolanda was introduced through LisaV. Even though the two only knew of each other they claimed a friendship through Mo. No one called it shady when Kyle asked Vanderpump how she knew Yolanda - because it is such a standard question across the franchise.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 9

The only reason I say it's shady is because when LVP asked that question we were 6 years into this show and 10 years into the whole Real Housewives phenomenon. The show can't really handle the contrived backstory of an imaginary friendship. It's when the conceits of the genre look the shaggiest.

I actually did like how they introduced Joyce and Carlton even if I didn't care for them as cast members. I couldn't even remember Shannon's (OC) connection because it was basically illusory, which is perfect for me. It allows a housewife to break and form connections as needed and limits narrative dissonance to a minimum. When Taylor was having issues with Adrienne, you were left with a sense that they didn't really know each other but somehow Adrienne was Kennedy's godmother. Just dissonance.

It ends up being more organic on Below Deck, whatever they're calling Apres Ski, and Vanderpump Rules. They all work at the same place and to that extent they are in each other's lives and business. It doesn't hurt that LVP's restaurant staff is incestuous.

I like LVP, but I think she can be really shady sometimes. Maybe I'm being hard on her because this particular convention of housewives shows bugs the shit out of me.

• Love 3