Type keyword(s) to search

Season 34: Previews and Speculation

Daisy
  • Start Topic

I'm not crazy about the theme.  Jeff also alluded that there would be a change to the jury and how they select the final winner.  He didn't go any further than that, and I'm at a loss what it could be.  He said it had to do with the S32, and how it seemed like Jason and Scot convinced everyone at Ponderosa to vote for Michele in the end.  I wonder if Adam winning this season in a landslide also factored into it.  

Some people think it could be they sequester the jury from each other, so they can't champion one person, or hear conflicting accounts about certain things from bitter castaways, but I doubt that would be it.

I think a lot of these people should not play Survivor anymore, not because I dislike them, but because I like them: Cirie, Sandra, JT, etc.  I fear to see their legacies tarnished, but I expect it.  I also think Malcolm and Ciera both got called back too soon and this is too soon yet again.  Also Ozzy, go home man.  And there's a lot of people I dislike.  BUT then again I was completely wrong about Cambodia, which I thought was going to be terrible, so I guess we'll see.

I think the jury sequester is very likely.  Probst has been wanting it forever.  I'm sure they've noticed the increasing tendency towards unanimous votes.

• Love 3

That'll suck, because that means the end of Ponderosa.  Also, I believe it's absolute BS that one or two jurors sway the entire pool.  Probst has probably been foaming at the mouth for 33 seasons to get a tie vote at the FTC, just for added suspsense and drama, and so he can harp about what a dramatic season it was that they had to go to a live tie breaker.  Which I'm surprised they haven't had to do yet, but whatever.  In reality, look at the last few seasons.  I do believe Adam's story might have swayed any jurors that might have voted for Ken or Hannah, but it seemed like those two were just disliked enough that it probably ended up not mattering (still, I hate the story aspect of his win).  Last season, of course, I dispute Michele's win, but she had more friends on the jury than Aubry and Tai.  Equally, people hated Tasha and Spencer during Cambodia, that Jeremy didn't have to sneak in that his was having a baby to gain brownie points.  WA?  Again, Mike was more popular and played a better game than the unlikable flip flopper Will, and Carolyn (who probably wasn't really disliked or not respected, but Mike had the social game, the challenge beast, and the ultimate underdog story).  Similarly with S29, people hated Missy.  And honestly, I believe all jurors have their minds made up when they get to that FTC.  I have a hard time believing those that say they have an open vote, with maybe rare exceptions.  That'll be disappointing if that's the case.  They meddle enough, can't they leave this alone?  It's not like it's going to stop people from being bitter about their exits. 

• Love 4

I'll be thankful if the jury sequester is the only change, and not an actual in-game move like another "vote out a juror" reward or something more terrible that would hurt Survivor's foundational concept (winning the votes of people you've eliminated).

Are we allowed to discuss the full cast that has been revealed on other outlets, or should be wait until CBS officially reports something?

For as many reservations as I have about this season or the 'big moves' stuff Probst will be cramming down our throats all year, I am always excited to see Sandra and Cirie play.

• Love 3

I just can't think about the next season without starting to sob like Adam over Baylor being there.  Who besides Jeff Probst thinks her voting out her mother makes her the equal of those other "game changers?"  She didn't even have to do it, she was just showing off.  Every time Baylor had referred to  her mother,  it had been in the course of talking about other things like how proud she was of herself for having a baby while in high school (oh yeah,  mom quit her job to stay home and take care of it) or how her father was her hero.  I thought it was obvious that she was the type of spoiled girl who truly believed her mother's greatest joy in life was to make sacrifices for her, so, of course, she would want Baylor to vote her out.  In truth her mom was very upset, but Baylor and Jeff still act like she did a great thing.

5 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I just can't think about the next season without starting to sob like Adam over Baylor being there.  Who besides Jeff Probst thinks her voting out her mother makes her the equal of those other "game changers?"  She didn't even have to do it, she was just showing off.  Every time Baylor had referred to  her mother,  it had been in the course of talking about other things like how proud she was of herself for having a baby while in high school (oh yeah,  mom quit her job to stay home and take care of it) or how her father was her hero.  I thought it was obvious that she was the type of spoiled girl who truly believed her mother's greatest joy in life was to make sacrifices for her, so, of course, she would want Baylor to vote her out.  In truth her mom was very upset, but Baylor and Jeff still act like she did a great thing.

I think you're confusing Baylor with Ciera. Baylor was in the second BvW season. Ciera was in the first along with her mom, Laura, who she did indeed vote out and then came back for Second Chances. 

@JudyObscure confusing Ciera and Baylor has me in stitches!

I suspect this season will be abysmal. I hate at least half of the people. Like full-on hate. And I really don't wanna see Sandra play again. Girl, you played twice and won twice, don't come back to fuck that up!

Why are there so many people that we've already seen 700 times? And once they cast Sierra they really should have let go of the 'Game Changers' title. I mean come on!

Just ugh I really don't wanna see so many of these people again. It would be a much shorter list if I listed who I actually want to see again. Sigh. But I'm hoping maybe my extremely low expectations will work in my favor and I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Oh, also, has this already filmed or no?

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

I mentioned this in the finale/reunion thread, but . . . WHY? . . . Why with this theme?

I get that the wheels were probably in motion during/while Gen X v. Millenials was filming, but this past season demonstrated how interesting and compelling a season with a full cast of newbies can be.  Why go in the 180-degree opposite direction?  It's like the just can't help themselves.

And with some of these returnees?  What the fuck Sandra, Cirie?  They don't have anything better to do?  Are they getting appearance fees just for showing up?

• Love 2

I don't fully get the theme.  Why don't they just call it "Second Chances" again and give it another subtitle to distinguish it from the other Second Chances?  Because isn't that what it really is?  Are they just calling it "Game Changers" because of Zeke and his stoopid "evolution of the game" question and they want people to keep saying that Survivor is constantly evolving and is as fresh and new as it was 17 years ago?

Honestly, I liked Caleb, but how is he a game changer?  He was evacuated for medical reasons, I suppose the game changed for his tribe members who were down a member and missed his strength, but it can't really be argued that he actively did anything to change the game.  I also don't see how Tai qualifies as a game changer.  He was awful at the game.  I thought he was a mastermind and was making strategic moves and just pretending to be an idiot, but it was very obvious at final tribal that he truly is clueless about the game.

The biggest joke is "conceived by Laura Morrett in the backseat of an Oldsmobile Cutlass" Ciera.  If I never have to hear anyone say "she voted out her mom" ever again, it won't be long enough.  She is so ridiculously overrated.  Not looking forward to hearing the continued slobbering by Jeff about how she voted out her mom.  Or the fact that she herself is a young mom, and wow, isn't it amazing in today's world that women can be young and can be moms and yet can still appear on Survivor and show to everyone that they are just as strong as a man?  Stuff it, Jeff.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, JaggedLilPill said:

I think you're confusing Baylor with Ciera. Baylor was in the second BvW season. Ciera was in the first along with her mom, Laura, who she did indeed vote out and then came back for Second Chances. 

Oh.  You mean they're not the same person? See why I hate these return player seasons?

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I don't fully get the theme.  Why don't they just call it "Second Chances" again and give it another subtitle to distinguish it from the other Second Chances?  Because isn't that what it really is?  Are they just calling it "Game Changers" because of Zeke and his stoopid "evolution of the game" question and they want people to keep saying that Survivor is constantly evolving and is as fresh and new as it was 17 years ago?

Go read Jeff's Q&A with Dalton Ross at ew.com.  It's apparent that he has no idea what the term "game changer" means.

It really is just a "people we wanted to have back, and who would agree to come back" lineup.

• Love 6

I don't think people coming back multiple times is a good thing, especially since Survivor does that all the time . . . as opposed to The Amazing Race, a show I find to be better, which has brought back alumni in only three seasons. That said, I welcome Sandra and Cirie, and I hope they wind up on the same tribe. "I am such a fan!" "Me too!" "Last time I played, my partner-in-crime was basically bones and attitude. You look a little meatier. No offense." "None taken! I just wish I could pull off a tiara like you did. Also, I wish I knew how to deal with Rupert." "He is a pantload. Took a lot of effort not to shave him bald in his sleep."

I'm okay with Tony. He's a bit much, but the man knows how to hustle. Maybe that's why Bret was cast in S33 . . . to make Tony look a little better. The big question is whether Tony can play without Tyler Perry's Diary Of A Mad Idol.

I'm dreading Tai. Not him . . . he's awesome, and he boned Scot at the right time to save his season. The editors will bring in subtitles whenever he talks, even though you can totally understand what he's saying. That was so annoying.

• Love 1

Sandra and Cirie on the same tribe would be a disaster, because they fulfill the same role and Cirie is marginally more useful in challenges because she can comically shove around the tiny girls they cast.  And she's smart enough to get rid of Sandra.

Anyway, if we're interested in taking the stupid theme seriously, it bothers me that Cesternino is not a member.  Maybe he turned it down (or they're saving him and Nicole for a BvW3), but nobody did more to change Survivor than Rob.  Was willing to change his alliances on the fly, was like the only successful mastermind/swing vote, was one of the first to act like he knew he was a character on a TV show (paving the way for far more obnoxious people who recognized the same thing like Fairplay, Coach, Russell, Phillip, etc.), and has RHAP.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Alapaki said:

And with some of these returnees?  What the fuck Sandra, Cirie?  They don't have anything better to do?  Are they getting appearance fees just for showing up?

Oh, definitely!

3 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

Looks like I'mma have a good time arguing in Ciera's favor again, at least!

Right! 

3 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I'm dreading Tai. Not him . . . he's awesome, and he boned Scot at the right time to save his season. The editors will bring in subtitles whenever he talks, even though you can totally understand what he's saying. That was so annoying.

I'm actually dreading Tai because I don't really like him, but also this. So annoying.

1 hour ago, enlightenedbum said:

Anyway, if we're interested in taking the stupid theme seriously, it bothers me that Cesternino is not a member.  Maybe he turned it down (or they're saving him and Nicole for a BvW3), but nobody did more to change Survivor than Rob.  Was willing to change his alliances on the fly, was like the only successful mastermind/swing vote, was one of the first to act like he knew he was a character on a TV show (paving the way for far more obnoxious people who recognized the same thing like Fairplay, Coach, Russell, Phillip, etc.), and has RHAP.

I'm always surprised when there's a full returnee season and Rob C isn't on it.  I don't watch RHAP so I don't know if he's talked about it, but I feel like maybe he just doesn't want to play again.

It's such a shame after such a good season to go back to a favorites/All-Stars season. But what's worse is the players they are bringing back. Cirie? And for pete's sake Ozzie?? How many times are you going to go to that well Jeff? My idea, just make Ozzie a permanent castaway. :(

• Love 3

Well, I happen to like Ozzy, so I'm not complaining about that one ;)  Bring back him, Joe, Jay, Malcolm, and Ken every season for all I care.

However, after the reception Cambodia got, I was really hoping that they would stick to seasons with players who only played once, and reach back further into the Survivor past.  It was so great seeing the likes of Kelly Wigles, Savage, Varner, Kimmi, and Peih Gee again after so long (even if three of the five were out early, and Kelly Wigles was a non entity).  Having the fan vote was an added bonus, but it was just refreshing to have a season of second time players.  I'd even be okay if the threw winners in the mix, as long as they hadn't played before.  When I saw the final cast, I had to believe it was somehow a joke.  Of course, Probst has a few of his special snowflakes on this season, so we'll be the ones who are wrong if we hate it.

And Game Changers was really the best they could do?  They walked right into that one.  Like I said, a highlight is going to be Jeff trying to explain exactly how some of these people did anything to change the game.  History remembers differently.

Looks like I'mma have a good time arguing in Ciera's favor again, at least!

I'll be right there with you!  I just hope Probst can find something else to say about her rather than 'she voted out her own mom!'  The rock draw she forced was more impressive.  I never found the mom vote a big deal.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

And Game Changers was really the best they could do?  They walked right into that one.  Like I said, a highlight is going to be Jeff trying to explain exactly how some of these people did anything to change the game.  History remembers differently.

That was something they had to pull out of their ass at the last minute.  The original plan was to have three tribes:  one of winners, one of losers who made it jury and one of losers who didn't make it to jury.  They couldn't get enough winners to play so they went with two tribes of 'game changers'.    That actually could have been interesting.  

I like Sandra and Cirie, but t hey're wasted slots.  No way they're making it more than a few votes.  I don't hate Ozzy but he's not interesting and doesn't do anything but give Peachy a boner.  Tai's annoying.  Zeke's ego will be out of control since he was picked to do back-to-back seasons (he could easily morph into the HvV Russell of this season).  I think Siera was the one who got into it with Savage so I'll be counting the minute until she's harping at Culpepper.   And speaking of Culpepper, wasn't he up for Second Chances?  So the voting viewers wanted no part of this meathead but they throw him in the next chance they get?  Yeah, that's basically a middle finger to the fans.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Maverick said:

And speaking of Culpepper, wasn't he up for Second Chances?  So the voting viewers wanted no part of this meathead but they throw him in the next chance they get?  Yeah, that's basically a middle finger to the fans.

That annoys me.  If you're going to subject us to him, why not TBird, too? 

9 minutes ago, Maverick said:

That was something they had to pull out of their ass at the last minute.  The original plan was to have three tribes:  one of winners, one of losers who made it jury and one of losers who didn't make it to jury.  They couldn't get enough winners to play so they went with two tribes of 'game changers'.    That actually could have been interesting.  

I like Sandra and Cirie, but t hey're wasted slots.  No way they're making it more than a few votes.  I don't hate Ozzy but he's not interesting and doesn't do anything but give Peachy a boner.  Tai's annoying.  Zeke's ego will be out of control since he was picked to do back-to-back seasons (he could easily morph into the HvV Russell of this season).  I think Siera was the one who got into it with Savage so I'll be counting the minute until she's harping at Culpepper.   And speaking of Culpepper, wasn't he up for Second Chances?  So the voting viewers wanted no part of this meathead but they throw him in the next chance they get?  Yeah, that's basically a middle finger to the fans.

Brad and Troyzan were up for the fan vote, but both didn't make it.  Brad making it was a no brainer, but speaking of people who give Probst a boner, I'm not surprised he's back.  If they kept doing fan voted seasons, he'd never return otherwise.  I agree about Zeke.  I semi like the guy (I have a weird vibe with a lot of people from his season; it was back and forth on a lot of them).  But especially considering no one saw his game and know how well he did, I have a feeling he'll be completely unbearable.  Sandra and Cirie better hope their tribe goes on an immunity run in the beginning, or that they find every idol on the island, because I see early exits for both otherwise.  

So I know that of the winners that were considered, Earl and Natalie couldn't do it because of work commitments I believe.  Danni and Mike were also on the short list.  Did both get cut?  Oh, and I think Sophie was considered, too.  I was super excited that Danni was mentioned, because it gives me hope TPTB didn't completely forget they shot a season in Guatemala.  And since she beat their then-darling Stephenie, I figured she would probably never get an invite back.  Honestly, I have a hard time believing they couldn't get enough winners for a 6 person tribe.  Maybe they wouldn't have been their first choices, but then again, neither are some of the people on this cast I'm guessing.  That theme would have been much more interesting at least.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Honestly, I have a hard time believing they couldn't get enough winners for a 6 person tribe.  

That was my reaction too.  30+ seasons and you can't get 5-6 winners back?   They managed 2-3 on most returnee seasons, other than Second Chances.  They have no qualms about who they ask back (seriously, when you bring Colton back you're basically saying you have no standards) so why not ask back Hatch or Thailand Brian.

• Love 5

I would guess they asked every winner legally eligible to play.  Not sure if Hatch is.  They got 3 and needed 6 so why be picky?  

These people are getting older and have jobs and families they can't easily walk away from and probably are getting smarter about reality tv and being possibly given the Vytas edit on a replay.  The older I get the more I want all amenities, all the time.  And the less desperate I am for money and attention.  

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I would guess they asked every winner legally eligible to play.  Not sure if Hatch is.  They got 3 and needed 6 so why be picky?  

These people are getting older and have jobs and families they can't easily walk away from and probably are getting smarter about reality tv and being possibly given the Vytas edit on a replay.  The older I get the more I want all amenities, all the time.  And the less desperate I am for money and attention.  

I don't know if that would be the case.  CBS probably has some say I would think, and I'm sure there's winners TPTB never care to see again unless they absolutely have to.  I would have rather the original theme they wanted (winners/jury/pre-jury), and that's why I wonder why they couldn't find 3 more winners to make that happen.  Instead, we got this group.  I know there's a ton of former alumni that want to return (most of whom probably have no chance in hell of that ever happening), but I do agree that the bigger issue is if they can do it when filming is happening.

Since my expectations are extremely low, I'm hoping that I end up being surprised.  Otherwise it'll be a long wait until the fall. 

• Love 2

Well, I guess one good thing with returnees is that we mostly know their name from the get go. And sometimes they surprise us positively with a new and improved game play.

On the other hand, I feel that relying too much on a pool (which is ageing) of past contestants could ultimately harm the franchise and is not very likely to bring new viewers.

Then again, because this game is mostly social, any new combination of known elements can produce different results, so who knows? we might still be positively surprised...

• Love 1
8 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

CBS probably has some say I would think, and I'm sure there's winners TPTB never care to see again unless they absolutely have to.  

It's not like Les Moonves is out there marooned with them.   I really don't think they care.  The more controversial the contestant the more they would want them back, I'd think.  

11 hours ago, violet and green said:

Sierra... game-changing eyebrows.

Thank you!  That's just what I needed to bring her to mind.  I'm still having trouble separating Baylor and Ciera, but then I found out Baylor belongs to Missy and Ciera to Laura and the mothers are very different.  I must begin preparations to go against the defense team.  KimberStormer being this board's Gloria Allred.

• Love 6

I loooooooooooooove the cast.

On Mana, I'm a big fan of Caleb, Malcolm, Tony, Aubrey, and Michaela.
On Nuku, I'm a big fan of Cirie, Ozzy, Tai, and Zeke.  That's half the cast!!!!
And I find J.T. and Debbie amusing, Jeff's fine, I guess, Hali's great to look at....  There's nobody I even dislike.  It's crazy.  (Then again, there's nobody I disliked this M vs GXers season, either.)

I'm just really excited.  I'm like the targeted viewer this season.

I think I DID dislike Ciera in "Second Chances", but KimberStormer probably screwed that up for me after I read her essays.  Now I'm just confused.

• Love 5

I don't necessarily dislike the cast but I have no desire to see people playing for the 3rd or 4th time. I mean,  for example, I loved Ozzy on his original season but after getting to play for the 4th time, I'm just like: Enough already! I guess maybe Ozzy is the new Boston Rob, Probst will keep letting him play until he finally wins.

Edited because I just remembered that I do dislike some of the cast. Fuck you, Brad Culpepper!

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

We are gonna be seeing Ozzy for a long time if this is the case. That boy sucks at this game!

Heh, yes. He's probably the best physical player the show has ever had, but he couldn't strategize his way off a hamster wheel.

Ozzy and Cirie are like James to me in that they get less likeable each time they play. And Sandra I will always love, but she's going to ruin her perfect streak and I hate that. I'll be surprised if she makes it past the first vote.

There are a few people (five, maybe) that I wouldn't mind seeing again, but not this soon.

Most of them are people I didn't even need to see once. Fuck you, Brad Culpepper!

• Love 7

I don't like Brad, Troyzan, or Debbie.  I don't care to see so many people from KR or even the two we're getting from this past season.  And, while I love Varner and Ciera, I don't really need to see them so soon after Cambodia.  I worried about Varners health during that season.  Truthfully, I started disliking Cirie after Micronesia, and I've never gone back to liking her all that much since.  Sandra I would never get tired of, but she's likely a goner.

The one person I am excited to see?  Hali.  She's on many lists as being a WTF choice, but unlike her other WA co hort on this season, I think Hali had s lot of game and moves in her.  She just didn't have the numbers to make it happen, and there wasn't anything she could do about it.  The fact that she went before Jenn made me think they did view her as some kind of threat at least.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

So I know that of the winners that were considered, Earl and Natalie couldn't do it because of work commitments I believe.  Danni and Mike were also on the short list.  Did both get cut?  Oh, and I think Sophie was considered, too.  I was super excited that Danni was mentioned, because it gives me hope TPTB didn't completely forget they shot a season in Guatemala.  And since she beat their then-darling Stephenie, I figured she would probably never get an invite back.  Honestly, I have a hard time believing they couldn't get enough winners for a 6 person tribe.  Maybe they wouldn't have been their first choices, but then again, neither are some of the people on this cast I'm guessing.  That theme would have been much more interesting at least.

Oh man, I definitely would've preferred a winners vs. jury vs. pre-merge boots format.  The fact that you have so many winners open to returning leaves the door open for the fabled "all former champions" season, which you have to figure will happen at some point.

• Love 3

I am very excited to see Audry, Debbie, Tai, Zeke,  Malcolm, and Michaela play again. Also, very pleased Jeff Varner's back - I love his commentary. I'm also kind of pleased Troyzan is back. Sierra may be interesting this time round, in less oppressive tribe circumstances? Good to see Caleb get another go, too.

Michaela said somewhere that Ciera is over-rated - so am looking forward to an epic eyeroll-off between the two.

Cirie, eh. Tony Vlachos, no. Sandra and Ozzy, gods spare us. And Brad Culpepper, ffs. But overall, v. exciting.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, violet and green said:

Michaela said somewhere that Ciera is over-rated - so am looking forward to an epic eyeroll-off between the two.

Oh, yes, sounds fun.  I'm also looking forward to Michaela and Ozzy doing challenges against each other.  Since it's going to be filmed in the same place we should get to see some good swimming challenges.  Ozzy always reminds me of what they used to say about Esther Williams, only exciting when wet, but I do love to watch him swim.

• Love 5

This is how I'd personally rank this season's returnees:

Yes: Michaela, Ciera, Hali, Sandra (just because I love her but really I don't want to see her ruin her legacy!)
Meh: Aubry, Caleb, Troyzan, Andrea, Sierra, Sarah, Zeke, Debbie
No: Malcom, Jeff, Tony, Brad, Cirie, Ozzy, JT, Tai

• Love 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

This is how I'd personally rank this season's returnees:

Yes: Michaela, Ciera, Hali, Sandra (just because I love her but really I don't want to see her ruin her legacy!)
Meh: Aubry, Caleb, Troyzan, Andrea, Sierra, Sarah, Zeke, Debbie
No: Malcom, Jeff, Tony, Brad, Cirie, Ozzy, JT, Tai

Here are my pre-season rankings, using the Peachmangosteen scale:

Yes: Aubry, Andrea, Malcolm, Tony, Cirie, JT, Sandra, Michaela (barely)

Meh: Jeff, Brad, Troy, Sierra, Zeke, Debbie, Caleb, Hali, Ciera

No: Tai, Ozzy

With that said, a number of players I didn't like much or who came across as mediocre their first or even second seasons radically changed their play on return visits, and got outstanding results.  Cochran, Parv (she showed hints her first season but overall seemed like a princess to me: now I think she's the first or second best player ever), Tyson, Coach, Dawn, Boston Rob come immediately to mind.   It would be cool to have someone on my Meh/no list pleasantly surprise me in season 34 as well. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, kikaha said:

Here are my pre-season rankings, using the Peachmangosteen scale:

Yes: Aubry, Andrea, Malcolm, Tony, Cirie, JT, Sandra, Michaela (barely)

Meh: Jeff, Brad, Troy, Sierra, Zeke, Debbie, Caleb, Hali, Ciera

No: Tai, Ozzy

With that said, a number of players I didn't like much or who came across as mediocre their first or even second seasons radically changed their play on return visits, and got outstanding results.  Cochran, Parv (she showed hints her first season but overall seemed like a princess to me: now I think she's the first or second best player ever), Tyson, Coach, Dawn, Boston Rob come immediately to mind.   It would be cool to have someone on my Meh/no list pleasantly surprise me in season 34 as well. 

I just got done re-watching Cook Islands, and I feel like I'm watching an entirely different Parvati.  She doesn't remotely resemble the game player that we saw during Micronesia and HvsV (minus the flirty side).  So I am hopeful that some of these people step it up, and show us that they learned and changed from their first time around.  Usually these seasons, I do have people who I never paid attention to or liked before shoot way up on my list.  On the flip side, I sometimes have favorites that end up becoming non favorites.  We'll see.

As for my pre-season rankings:

Yes: Ozzy (bring back the human dolphin as many times as they want), Tony, Aubry, Michaela, Sandra, Hali, Ciera, Varner, Malcolm

Meh: Caleb, Andrea, JT, Cirie, Tai, Zeke

No: Brad, Troyzan, Debbie, Sierra, Sarah

Well, I do have 9 people I'm okay with seeing.  Maybe this won't be so bad after all!

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, kikaha said:

It would be cool to have someone on my Meh/no list pleasantly surprise me in season 34 as well. 

That's the dream! But I honestly see no way in hell that anyone in my no list pleasantly surprises me. 

Sometimes people just get worse and worse. I loved Cirie in her first season, but she became increasingly arrogant in a very annoying way with each appearance. She way bought into her own hype and it wasn't pretty. The same can be said for Ozzy imo, but I wasn't even that enamored with him during his first go round. Ditto Malcom actually.

• Love 5

James totally ruined my love for him in HvV, and while I psychotically wanted to find Ozzy and marry him after Season 13, that all soured quickly with the porn revelation and subsequent seasons.  I'm not really worried about falling out of love with any of these people, except Tai I guess, who I'm quite fond of.  

I figured out why I started enjoying Debbie so much.  It's because the editors would apparently give her a different chyron each time explaining her many jobs off-island and people would recap them here and it was so funny!  I hope that the editors please bring this back.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

It's because the editors would apparently give her a different chyron each time explaining her many jobs off-island and people would recap them here and it was so funny!  I hope that the editors please bring this back.

They better still do that! I feel like they will. Unless Debbie stops talking at length about her various jobs. LOL fat chance!

• Love 4

For me it also has a lot to do with who else is there. I liked Cirie well enough in her first season. Then again, I found a lot of other people - Aras, Terry, Shane - to be insufferable (which is funny since when I re-watched it, I found Shane to be very amusing). But in FvF, between her and Parvati and the giggle-cackle they would all do, I was over it.

Same with Malcolm. Surrounded with people like Abi and RC, etc, he was fine, but put him with the other two idiots of Eddie and Reynold, he became annoying as well. 

I'm over Ozzy quite frankly, but clearly Probst and the producers are not so, oh well. What can you do. Although if I'm being honest, I was never really that into Ozzy to begin with.

• Love 2

Fucking hated Jackass Tony and if they are smart he doesn't last long. Couldn't stand Brad Culpepper either. I still think if Caleb lasted longer, the POS douche bag he was on Big Brother would've resurfaced. Loved Sandra but don't see her lasting long. Don't mind seeing Cirie Aubry Tai Ozzy JT and Malcolm  again and loving the eye candy of Hali Andrea Sierra Ciera. Not only do I find Andrea Hot but she was a really good player on her second try. I thought Hali had potential her first time 

• Love 1

I can't go yay meh no on people because the people I am yay about as players are mostly the people I don't want to see back, either at all because they've already played 3 times and/or will likely ruin their legacies, or this soon.  Basically I am only really yay on Hali.  I would be yay on Michaela even like one season later but back-to-back is so rarely a good thing.  I think only Amanda played back-to-back and didn't seem fucked up by it.  My No's, however, are pretty clear: Troyzan, Zeke, Tony.  Presumably Brad, who I've never seen, but still know by Survivor cultural osmosis that he sucks.  I will endure Sierra, Aubry, and Tai.

Cambodia there was literally nobody I thought I wanted to see again except PG, Wentworth, and Abi; but it turned out I really enjoyed seeing all of them again -- even Andrew Savage was such a hilarious pompous jackass that he crossed into Coach-esque comedy territory for me.  So who knows!

(I am now lost in reveries of one of my loneliest opinions, that JT taking out Cirie in HvV was one of the Great Survivor Moves, the ultimate Survivor genius taken down by the first person inventive and fearless enough to pull the sort of truly crazy shit she had done so often -- the student defeats the master -- HvV would have been a much worse season if JT had gotten the better of Parvati at the merge and run the show to his 2nd win, but I'd like to see that edit.  I'd like to make that edit...surely it could have been one of the grandest winner-edit episodes...)

Edited by KimberStormer
  • Love 3

Russell Hantz seemed to handle back-to-back aight.

I get the thing about Sandra ruining her perfect record, but she should go in maintaining that while she would not be against winning again, mind you, she is curious to experience getting her torch snuffed and serving on the jury.

• Love 3