Type keyword(s) to search

The Naughty Hamptons: Summer House In The Media

• Start Topic

On 2/18/2020 at 9:00 AM, heatherchandler said:

The stupid theme song is in my head and won't leave.  The worst part is that I cannot for the LIFE OF ME decipher the lyrics.  I feel like I have tried to figure them out before, and got nowhere.

Thanks.  Now it’s in mine too.

• LOL 5

Help me remember - my insufficiently caffeinated brain isn't allowing me this morning. What was the other Hamptons summer share show? I remember Single in the Hamptons but I'm not sure if that's it. That is going way back more than 15 years, and I feel like there was another Hamptons show about a share house. With people that had real jobs.

40 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Help me remember - my insufficiently caffeinated brain isn't allowing me this morning. What was the other Hamptons summer share show? I remember Single in the Hamptons but I'm not sure if that's it. That is going way back more than 15 years, and I feel like there was another Hamptons show about a share house. With people that had real jobs.

I don’t know if this is much help, but if I recall....there were 2 Hamptons based shows back near the end of the 90’s, that appeared on ABC.  One was kind of a documentary style not an actual reality show, and that included real people from NYC with real jobs and legit money.  I think they all had their own places, they weren’t sharing.  I remember one of the guys was in finance and died in 9/11 (I believe he had a British accent).  It was very sad, I remember being really sad because I liked him.  I want to say the name of this show was just “The Hamptons.”  It was good.  The I think it was popular so they kind of did a sequel called Single in the Hamptons.  I could be wrong tho. This was back when Sex and the City was HUGE and I think they were trying to capitalize off that.  Candace Bushnell even appeared. 

Then there was High Society that features Tinsley.  And Devorah Rose was in that one, as well. 

Lizzie Grubman was in one of these shows, too. 

OMG I AM A LOSER.  🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

I don’t know if this is much help, but if I recall....there were 2 Hamptons based shows back near the end of the 90’s, that appeared on ABC.  One was kind of a documentary style not an actual reality show, and that included real people from NYC with real jobs and legit money.  I think they all had their own places, they weren’t sharing.  I remember one of the guys was in finance and died in 9/11 (I believe he had a British accent).  It was very sad, I remember being really sad because I liked him.  I want to say the name of this show was just “The Hamptons.”  It was good.  The I think it was popular so they kind of did a sequel called Single in the Hamptons.  I could be wrong tho. This was back when Sex and the City was HUGE and I think they were trying to capitalize off that.  Candace Bushnell even appeared. 

Then there was High Society that features Tinsley.  And Devorah Rose was in that one, as well. 

OMG I AM A LOSER.  🤣🤣🤣

You are NOT!! Were you in your mid-20s around that time? I was - I remember when Lizzie Grubman hit the gas when the car was still in reverse and a few years later Tinsley and her Samantha Thavasa bags. 

I might be thinking of Single in the Hamptons and maybe one or two of the people were in a share house. I remember trying to watch it and being not really that into it. But there were definitely hookups and craziness but they were people who were a lot more established with real jobs and came from real money, not this social media influencer clown nonsense. I would love to watch that now.

Not to be elitist or anything, but everyone on Summer House comes from a solidly middle class background and they are enjoying the spoils of fast money and a production budget. I remember from S1 that Kyle, the Wirkus twins and a bunch of other people had been renting a share house for several years before they got the show. I wonder what the house situation looked like before they had Bravo. 

Also why don't they EVER go to the beach??

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

You are NOT!! Were you in your mid-20s around that time? I was - I remember when Lizzie Grubman hit the gas when the car was still in reverse and a few years later Tinsley and her Samantha Thavasa bags. 

I might be thinking of Single in the Hamptons and maybe one or two of the people were in a share house. I remember trying to watch it and being not really that into it. But there were definitely hookups and craziness but they were people who were a lot more established with real jobs and came from real money, not this social media influencer clown nonsense. I would love to watch that now.

Not to be elitist or anything, but everyone on Summer House comes from a solidly middle class background and they are enjoying the spoils of fast money and a production budget. I remember from S1 that Kyle, the Wirkus twins and a bunch of other people had been renting a share house for several years before they got the show. I wonder what the house situation looked like before they had Bravo. 

This is my safe space lol.  Actually, I know quite a few people that watch these shows, too.  But recalling it all like that reminds me of how many years I’ve been watching trash TV.  I’ll never stop!

And yep, I was born in ‘77, so was in my 20’s around that time.  I totally remember the Lizzie Grubman stuff!  Sex and the City was EVERYTHING.  I’m actually watching them again on Prime.  I loved that show and the movies.  

Wasn’t the first season of Summer House in Montauk?  I SWEAR that was how it was marketed.  Like Montauk was where the 20 somethings go because it was less refined.  Am I losing my mind??  Like Kyle even said something about the Hamptons is where parents go.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

This is my safe space lol.  Actually, I know quite a few people that watch these shows, too.  But recalling it all like that reminds me of how many years I’ve been watching trash TV.  I’ll never stop!

And yep, I was born in ‘77, so was in my 20’s around that time.  I totally remember the Lizzie Grubman stuff!  Sex and the City was EVERYTHING.  I’m actually watching them again on Prime.  I loved that show and the movies.  

Wasn’t the first season of Summer House in Montauk?  I SWEAR that was how it was marketed.  Like Montauk was where the 20 somethings go because it was less refined.  Am I losing my mind??  Like Kyle even said something about the Hamptons is where parents go.

I liked the Season One house better even though it also had that weird upstairs downstairs thing going on. I vaguely remember the Montauk marketing angle and when they were banned from Surf Lodge and a lot of other places!

I miss the early 2000s..

• Love 2
2 hours ago, geauxaway said:

OMG I AM A LOSER.  🤣🤣🤣

That sounds amazing! Is it streaming anywhere?

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

That sounds amazing! Is it streaming anywhere?

And now you have exposed my weakness!  All I can tell you is that I am 99% sure it was on ABC.  I truly think it was just called “The Hamptons.”   I am no good when it comes to tracking stuff down on streaming (other than if it’s on Netflix, Prime, etc).   And yes, it was really good.

• Love 1

Was just thinking about this:

Anyone have any idea how these folks are doing during the pandemic?  A lot of what they do depends on an open economy,  Wondering how they're surviving.

On 5/1/2020 at 11:46 AM, RedDelicious said:

Just want to pop in and add some clarity, hopefully? On ABC was the Barbara Kopple documentary The Hamptons, while on WE TV debuting the same year was realty-tv series Single In the Hamptons (which went on to have a second season).

Reality TV was a different beast back then and wasn't so produced, so I can understand how the two can fold into one another. Modern reality tv, on the other hand, is easily distinguishable from a documentary. Single in the Hamptons was more like MTV's True Life in style, more about trying to see the action happen organically and where things go instead of create it whole cloth.

• Love 3
On 5/7/2020 at 4:00 PM, b2H said:

Was just thinking about this:

Anyone have any idea  how these folks are doing during the pandemic?  A lot of what they do depends on an open economy,  Wondering how they're surviving.

andy had the reunion last week om wwhl.  i don't remember that being addressed..

12 hours ago, jaybird2 said:

andy had the reunion last week om wwhl.  i don't remember that being addressed..

You are correct.  And nothing was said except the endless back and forth over a couple of the relationships.

It might've been nice, since they were all already sequestered to hear how they're doing.  My guess is they would've lied through their teeth to protect their brands, but maybe not.

Given that, I think, Loverboy isn't in stores yet (only in bars), they could be in real trouble.  Not sure.  And Paige's influencer thing?  Not a big selling point just now, I'll bet.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, b2H said:

Given that, I think, Loverboy isn't in stores yet (only in bars), they could be in real trouble.  Not sure. 

They are in stores in Michigan, NY and Mass. They were apparently doing home delivery in NY as well.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

They are in stores in Michigan, NY and Mass. They were apparently doing home delivery in NY as well.

There’s also locations in Wisconsin according to the map on their website.  As soon as my mom is able to be in public again, I am gonna send her out to find some for me.  🙏🏼

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

There’s also locations in Wisconsin according to the map on their website.  As soon as my mom is able to be in public again, I am gonna send her out to find some for me.  🙏🏼

I actually would like to try it.  Are there any ways to order it online for delivery?

Just now, heatherchandler said:

I actually would like to try it.  Are there any ways to order it online for delivery?

Not that I could figure out.  There is a delivery service in NY area as someone pointed out, but it’s like a door dash thing, not a shipping thing. 😢.  The flavors on their website sound right up my alley.  

(edited)
3 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Hey, I live in Wisconsin, I should try to see if it's in our local liquor emporium.  Did they say where in WI??

ETA:  looked it up for myself.  It's all the southern and eastern half of the State.  I might be able to get some when the pandemic travel ban lifts and I can go back to my project site in northern IL.  I'm right across the IL WI border.  

For another day.

Edited by b2H
3 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Not that I could figure out.  There is a delivery service in NY area as someone pointed out, but it’s like a door dash thing, not a shipping thing. 😢.  The flavors on their website sound right up my alley.  

You would think Kyle would see that the market for this is there, and start shipping.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
Just now, heatherchandler said:

You would think Kyle would see that the market for this is there, and start shipping.  

Hell yah!  I’d buy this online to ship over that dumb Witches of WeHo any day (plus $75 / bottle?  F no).

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Tiny brands like this have difficulty in the best of times getting enough product made and canned to ship because of the cost outlay. 

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Do you know where in Michigan?  Your post sent me to their website and a search on my zip code in Metro Detroit shows nothing within 100 miles.  Put in an old East Lansing zip code from my youth and still nothing. 

18 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

I am watching High Society on YouTube right now.  #pandemicbinge

Where did you find it???  I am at the start of a 4 day weekend!  I mean, every day feels like a weekend these days, but I don’t have to roll out of bed and log on until Monday.  Hook me up!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I am watching High Society on YouTube right now.  #pandemicbinge

It is so bad, so so bad.  The woman yelling at the cleaning lady.  Jesus!  And Tinsley and her dramatic, "oh my god, mom!" at the fundraiser.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I think I will skip next season if there is one. I watch this shown for drunken idiots doing stupid shit, not feeling that with the backdrop of the virus and their hot takes on it. Particularly given the lag times between when the show films and when it airs. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

It is so bad, so so bad.  The woman yelling at the cleaning lady.  Jesus!  And Tinsley and her dramatic, "oh my god, mom!" at the fundraiser.  

I could not make it through the first episode. 

• LOL 2

LoverBoy update!!!  My friend just was able to purchase some of the seltzer’s and have them shipped to me!  All online.  She said she did it thru the LoverBoy website.  I’m so excited!!!!  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

They are going to film quarantined in the house. Hard Pass from me.

Me too. We're not out of the woods yet with all of this Covid business. We're still enduring it every. single. day. It's certainly better than it was but I don't want to relive it in television entertainment. I made the same comment regarding This is Us and 90-day Fiance - Quarantine edition.

7 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Me too. We're not out of the woods yet with all of this Covid business. We're still enduring it every. single. day. It's certainly better than it was but I don't want to relive it in television entertainment. I made the same comment regarding This is Us and 90-day Fiance - Quarantine edition.

And it was always problematic but adding an all white cast in a huge expensive house in the Hamptons distanced from everything going on to air months and months from now seems extremely tone deaf.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

And it was always problematic but adding an all white cast in a huge expensive house in the Hamptons distanced from everything going on to air months and months from now seems extremely tone deaf.

I have followed several black prep accounts on Instagram for some time and the people who run the accounts have exquisite style. I would like to see a house show of people who actually care about fine living and how they present themselves, rather than this cast of buffoons.  

• Love 2
On 6/8/2020 at 1:32 PM, biakbiak said:

They are going to film quarantined in the house. Hard Pass from me.

I cannot imagine this will be interesting at all.  They will just be drunk the whole time?  Or just swimming in the pool?  Playing tennis?  I don't get it, they should have waited for mid-summer to film.

• Love 2

While I hope it's true, I'm wondering how reliable the linked US article is. It does say there will be a fifth season but also says "Bravo has yet to publicly confirm the season 5 renewal or comment on the cast." Any other articles I found are just quoting US, nothing official from Bravo, except for this one, which says the show is likely on hiatus. The stuff about filming in a quarantine house comes only from Lindsay and Carl and they're just suggesting.

(edited)
1 hour ago, snarts said:

Good news, they've officially started filming with new cast members too!  

Some more details on the changes for season 5

Realize Bravo will wait & likely air it over the Winter, but hey, at least we'll have something to watch.

I'm glad that Carl is sober and intends to stay sober over the summer.  I hope that he is successful.  It'll be an interesting season if they are all quarantined together.  I can imagine a lot of them getting tired of each other and not having a break will only make tensions run high.  I'm interested to see how they work from home though.

Edited by Peper81
  • Love 2

Season 5 premieres on Feb 4th. 

Kyle Cooke, Amanda Batula, Lindsay Hubbard, Carl Radke, Hannah Berner, Paige DeSorbo, Luke Gulbranson, and Danielle Olivera return, along with newcomer Ciara:

A healthcare hero and Atlanta native, newcomer  Ciara joins the house looking to let loose after treating COVID-19 patients in New York City as an ICU nurse. Invited to the house by Luke, Ciara soon finds herself involved in relationship drama and must fend for herself as the youngest and newest roommate. 

Here's the season trailer

• Love 2
On 5/15/2020 at 3:48 AM, heatherchandler said:

I think Tinsley came a generation before Olivia Palermo.  Actually, they were rivals at one point.  Olivia was in The City.

On 5/15/2020 at 7:16 AM, MissFeatherbottom said:

Ok so Tinsley for sure has had some work done. I can't put my finger on it, possibly softened up her jaw line? 

You can get botox injections into your masseter muscle, especially if you have a square-shaped face and want to have more of an oval shape.  It's a good alternative to jaw surgery, which is extremely painful and invasive (as you can imagine) and need considerable downtime.  The botox injections to that area is also used for people who tend to grind their teeth a lot, which over-develops the masseter muscle.

• Useful 1
47 minutes ago, snarts said:

Hannah's engaged

The Summer House cast member and Bravo’s Chat Room co-host is engaged to her boyfriend, comedian Des Bishop. Hannah shared the news with PEOPLE on Wednesday (March 3). 

Link to instagram announcement  https://www.instagram.com/p/CL9giRzn4f0/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

She might want to stop all the age shaming, dude is much older.

It's funny, to me he looks like an older Kyle!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I wonder how many times he has ejaculated in her mouth.  I also wonder why a 45 year old would feel the need to get married to this greasy grody daddy issue dirt ball that doesn’t cook or clean and thinks it just par for the course to sleep to noon on any given day all day every day.  And if you don’t? Then you’re jealous that she can.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I don’t know which is worse, that I did what I said I’d never do or the fact that it’s riding shotgun in my dog’s car seat right now. I found it at the gas station. 

FD98EE6D-1DE7-472B-8860-E8B375B29801.jpeg

RD Update: Um. It’s just okay. Upon first sniff, it has a nice rich peach scent. First sip is odd, and the taste just gets more odd the more you drink it. I like the impression of the white tea and the peach flavor but the monkfruit leaves a building bitter aftertaste. I’d rather the drink not have sweetener at all (I drink my coffee plain, no cream or sugar). It must have grain alcohol in it because I’m halfway through the first can and I can FEEL it. I couldn’t find any conclusive information regarding caffeine content. If this sh*t keeps me up tonight I’m going to be PISSED. I’m glad I tried it but I wouldn’t buy it again. Honestly? A diet peach Snapple and Tito’s with a splash of soda would be so much better 🍑 

RD Update 2: Nope. It’s gross. The aftertaste continued to build and I had to force myself to finish the second can. It’s not worth it. 

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5

I don't know why, but I've enjoyed Summer House since the beginning.

I enjoyed it when they partied all the time and I enjoy it now as the cast is getting older and changing.

I don't like Sparkling cocktails, but I hope Loverboy is a long-term and successful thing for Kyle and Amanda. They've worked hard.

I like Hannah on Chat Room but she's a mess in the house. She draws some really off-base assumptions/conclusions.  

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 1