Type keyword(s) to search

The Naughty Hamptons: Summer House In The Media

• Start Topic

(edited)
5 hours ago, Pickles said:

Just read that Everett and Christina have been cut from the show.

Are they still together?

eta Wait- they are not together... Are Everett and Lindsay still together?

I don't think I will watch without Christina.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 1

It appears Lindsay and Everett are over. No pictures on IG of them together anywhere. No surprise with the way they constantly fought.

I hate both of them so much so,this pleases me.

• Love 3
On 2/21/2018 at 1:42 AM, biakbiak said:

Jacyln from the first season is traveling SE Asia with TC winner Kristen Kish.

What is TC? 

Once again, I must say how very much I miss whole words. I hope this initial thing dies out some day. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 5

I think I'm more surprised that the show is getting a third season than I am that they are renewing it with a house cleaning of most of the cast.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

God I hope this is true! I'm amazed Bravo actually cares what it's viewers think and realizes how unpopular the Wirkus sisters are (but makes me wonder about other shows where awful people stay on year after year). Not sure why production is confuse even about Stephen. He brought nothing interesting to the show, was a Debbie Downer for two seasons on a show about VACATION IN THE HAMPTONS!!!, and was an ass to everyone. Good riddance. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, snarts said:

Please let this be true!!! It's like they read my mind (although, I might have given Danielle another season)

Yeah, Danielle and Amit got a little short changed. Danielle losing her job probably affected her involvement, and Amit seemed like a cool dude that secretly knew everyone and hooked up a lot, but I don't think he liked how the others in the house acted so just did his own thing. 

Again, I realize there's a formula to these shows (i.e. "Drama!"). But, what if Bravo just filmed a show about young, good looking people enjoying a summer in the Hamptons? Crazy thought, just film beautiful houses and pools and beach and intersperse it with a group of people having fun and hooking up. It doesn't always have to be about people yelling at each other. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Stan39 said:

God I hope this is true! I'm amazed Bravo actually cares what it's viewers think and realizes how unpopular the Wirkus sisters are (but makes me wonder about other shows where awful people stay on year after year). Not sure why production is confuse even about Stephen. He brought nothing interesting to the show, was a Debbie Downer for two seasons on a show about VACATION IN THE HAMPTONS!!!, and was an ass to everyone. Good riddance. 

I totally agree. I would not enjoy spending time with the Wirkuses. Stephen was definitely a downer but I think he was deeply unhappy and my heart did break a little bit for him. Lots of people act like jerks when they're so sad. He just wasn't the right choice for the cast. It would have been better for him to go through this period in his life off camera.

• Love 2
On 6/1/2018 at 7:03 PM, RedDelicious said:

Yes!! This season actually has a chance of being good! The axed cast were really unwatchable. This quote from the article, though: “A source claims: 'The twins weren't popular with viewers and were not seen as likable or aspirational.’” Okay, yes, definitely unlikeable, but I certainly wouldn’t classify ANY of these clowns past or present as “aspirational.” I mean MAYBE at first when we perhaps thought how the hell can these punks afford this mansion?!? But now we know if they’re fired days before filming, their names are NOT on the lease and Bravo or the production company is paying for it. Well, I guess we knew that last year too when pretty much all of them were unemployed or underemployed or unsuccessfully trying to make business deals. But their behavior or anything about who they are as human beings is far from “aspirational”; Bravo shows are a character study in what NOT to be.

• Love 3

The only female cast member I actually really liked was Christina! She got the short end of the stick in my opinion. I hated the way Lindsay and the twins steamrolled her constantly and also acted like a 5th grade clique. 

• Love 5

This was in a blind:

32. ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 06/02 **#13**
This cable network was taking no chances that they don't have the only copy of a video that would have forced them to cancel a show possibly mid-season. So, instead of worrying about it, they just fired half the cast who was in the video. Bravo’s "Summer House" (fired twins Lauren and Ashley Wirkus, Stephen McGee, Danielle Olivera and Amit Neuman)

On 6/3/2018 at 8:36 AM, RedDelicious said:

The only female cast member I actually really liked was Christina! She got the short end of the stick in my opinion. I hated the way Lindsay and the twins steamrolled her constantly and also acted like a 5th grade clique. 

I loved Christina.  Those Wirkus bitches and butterface Lindsay were so mean to her.  I’d love it if they brought her back.

And Danielle was very boring, but I did like her.

10 hours ago, Chloecat said:

This was in a blind:

This cable network was taking no chances that they don't have the only copy of a video that would have forced them to cancel a show possibly mid-season. So, instead of worrying about it, they just fired half the cast who was in the video. Bravo’s "Summer House" (fired twins Lauren and Ashley Wirkus, Stephen McGee, Danielle Olivera and Amit Neuman)

Interesting... I wonder what was on the video?

• Love 2

Yeah I mean bling items aren't the most reliable however I call BS on them getting rid of the Wircus circus et al because the audience doesn't connect. 4 days before filming? We haven't connected to that hot mess in 2 years.

12 hours ago, Chloecat said:

This was in a blind:

Interesting. Especially considering the people involved. Seems like an odd group of people to even be hanging out (Amit barely stood in the same room as Stephen throughout the season). Oh well, whatever gets them off TV. 

• Love 1
On 6/7/2018 at 11:28 AM, metalchik said:

The Smirkus twins will probably get their own show.....UGH!   But I'm glad they and Stephen are OUT!  It will be much more enjoyable I think.  

I think this WAS “their” show. If I remember, we met the twins through Vanderpump Rules, and that was the crossover. Not sure they’ll get another shot. Especially since they don’t live close enough anymore to shoot ANOTHER show around them. I think this was their chance and they blew it. 

• Love 1
On 3/31/2019 at 10:45 AM, Stan39 said:

I think this WAS “their” show. If I remember, we met the twins through Vanderpump Rules, and that was the crossover. Not sure they’ll get another shot. Especially since they don’t live close enough anymore to shoot ANOTHER show around them. I think this was their chance and they blew it. 

Yes, doesn't the one twin live in CA and is pregnant and the other is in NYC. I don't see any show for them. Not many found them appealing.

• Love 1

Yes, doesn't the one twin live in CA and is pregnant and the other is in NYC. I don't see any show for them. Not many found them appealing.

I guess maybe they could do a show around the married couple and have the sister “drop in” from time-to-time. But that one is a monster and so abusive to her husband that I can’t imagine anyone watching that for 30-60 minutes a week. 

• Love 2

Just read on Page Six that Danielle and Jordan won't be living in the house next season (which is filming now). They will still be on the show, but not in the house. I guess they got downgraded. No surprise.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Pickles said:

Just read on Page Six that Danielle and Jordan won't be living in the house next season (which is filming now). They will still be on the show, but not in the house. I guess they got downgraded. No surprise.

They brought really nothing anyway.  I almost wish there were new people each year 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The fact that Danielle is still around even if not in the house baffles me she is so dull. I imagine it’s because of her bff Lindsey.

Right?  Why keep her around?  My question is - why keep Lindsay in the house??

• Love 2

Summer House has run its course in my opinion..  I made it halfway through the 4th episode, gave up and deleted future recordings.  It was like the Betches crew, everyone else and then Lindsay.  Jordan was a horrible replacement for Stephen and brought out the worst in Danielle who I would have liked otherwise.  Paige just isn't funny and Hannah is low rent.  Lindsay is insufferable. 

• Love 5
On 12/26/2019 at 5:56 PM, snarts said:

Jordan leaves early.

Surprised it took them this long to figure out hooking up would guarantee them screentime,

Do people care about this cast? I feel like this show would be so much more interesting if they brought in a whole new cast each year (like Real World) and see how they act in this environment. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Kind of ho-hum, looks like my last apartment in Chicago, but smaller BUT I imagine this is impressive in nyc where you live in a shoebox for a million dollars.  Where are they in ny?

They’re way down in the financial district...their rent is $5,900 a month. 

On 2/18/2020 at 10:00 AM, heatherchandler said:

The stupid theme song is in my head and won't leave.  The worst part is that I cannot for the LIFE OF ME decipher the lyrics.  I feel like I have tried to figure them out before, and got nowhere.

Lololol. Same! Love/hate relationship that constantly evolves with this intro...
🎶 “We never staaaaaa-eeee—aaahhh-eee—ahhh-eeee-ahhh-eeee—ahhhp! Living the fast life, from sunset to sunrise. You can let my lovin’ take you over. I know of a place now... I’ll show you the way!” 🎶 😬⛏ 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3