Type keyword(s) to search

The Naughty Hamptons: Summer House In The Media

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, politichick said:

So, he's a recovering alcoholic? Hope Hannah doesn't drive him to drink!

So I know this sounds weird considering the show but does Hannah actually drink that much? I know she’s a drama bitch all the time, but is she drunk a lot? I had always had the impression that Hannah and Paige low key don’t drink as much as the rest of the group. Not that they’re a stranger to Lover Boy but they don’t seem to get as drunk as everyone else. Maybe they just hold it better? I have my suspicions that Kyle, Lindsey, Carl, Luke, and even Amanda drink way more than Hannah and Paige. That might even be one of the reasons Paige stays so loyal to Hannah, because they’re the least drunk of the house.

• Love 4
On 2/4/2022 at 8:12 AM, RedDelicious said:

Am I the only person who did not know this??

XEC4.gif

(it’s our own Andrea Denver, née Salerno, at the end of the music video for Blank Space)

That reminds me of how surprised (and pleased) I was when I found out that Wentworth Miller was in Mariah Carey music videos.  Well, I'm a Wentworth fan and not of Andrea's, but seeing him in a black suit here reminded me of We Belong Together video.

• Love 1

Rumors on reddit are that Carl/Lindsay aren't coming back and that they are bringing in four new people.  Someone said a casting agent reached out to them about it.  Who knows what is true, but I think what succeeded about early Summer House was the idea of friends and people who knew each other staying in a house for the summer.  Feels too 'Real World' to cast a bunch of strangers.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, KLJ said:

Rumors on reddit are that Carl/Lindsay aren't coming back and that they are bringing in four new people.  Someone said a casting agent reached out to them about it.  Who knows what is true, but I think what succeeded about early Summer House was the idea of friends and people who knew each other staying in a house for the summer.  Feels too 'Real World' to cast a bunch of strangers.  

Wow, maybe those two really did grow up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I just had this recall from deep within the recesses of my brain, as I was looking for Jubilee coverage this morning. 

In the early seasons, didn’t they all drink a frozen drink called a BBC? It was before they went heavy on the product placement with Whispering Angel. It was like the official drink of SH before they broke out the cans that never seem to get recycled.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 6/5/2022 at 10:37 AM, RedDelicious said:

I just had this recall from deep within the recesses of my brain, as I was looking for Jubilee coverage this morning. 

In the early seasons, didn’t they all drink a frozen drink called a BBC? It was before they went heavy on the product placement with Whispering Angel. It was like the official drink of SH before they broke out the cans that never seem to get recycled.

I'm currently binging on all the previous seasons, still on S1, so I'll keep an eye out for it.  As of right now though there is no product placement.  

On a side note--holy CRAP these people on S1 are a-holes!🤯

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

I'm currently binging on all the previous seasons, still on S1, so I'll keep an eye out for it.  As of right now though there is no product placement.  

I think it was first mentioned by Kyle during the July 4th weekend... episode 2, I think.  He said that it packs 1000 calories, so it's almost like a meal replacement.

• Useful 1
On 6/6/2022 at 12:37 AM, RedDelicious said:

Maybe if they brought out a packed or canned version of BBC, they'd manufacture it and product-place it on the show, but I don't know how you could make it without putting a load of preservatives in it to prevent it from going off.  Best to make it fresh, it's an alcoholic milkshake!

• Love 1
On 6/6/2022 at 10:31 AM, Dirtybubble said:

Where are you watching season 1?

I remember hating them right off the bat.  But of course I want to re-watch.

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Where are you watching season 1?

I remember hating them right off the bat.  But of course I want to re-watch.

Peacock has it. Like you, I was curious to look back on season 1. Starting it now. I kinda forgot that it was Vanderpump spinoff/intro. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, snarts said:

Peacock has it. Like you, I was curious to look back on season 1. Starting it now. I kinda forgot that it was Vanderpump spinoff/intro. 

Oh yeah with Kyle hitting on Stassi!  And apparently Scheana hooked up with Carl.. although I think we all learned about that years later, if I remember correctly.

• Love 1
On 6/6/2022 at 10:31 AM, Dirtybubble said:

You are much stronger than me, I hate them too much to do any re-watching, especially since they haven't lost any 'asshole'.  Although I guess Carl might have, a little.🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

And apparently Scheana hooked up with Carl.. although I think we all learned about that years later, if I remember correctly.

Who didn't Scheana hook up with?  

Wonder who is returning this summer.

• LOL 3
10 hours ago, KLJ said:

You are much stronger than me, I hate them too much to do any re-watching, especially since they haven't lost any 'asshole'.  Although I guess Carl might have, a little.🤷‍♂️

Actually the reason I'm binging is because I've never seen any of the other seasons.  Winter House and S6 of S/H is the first time I've watched.  I didn't know who any of these other people were or the situations they would speak of so I figured I would just see what's what.  

I now see why people were reluctant to jump on the Carl love train this past season.  OMFG what a total douche he was.  Him, then Bob Belcher look-a-like Everette, and then unfunny bitchy Stephen UGH these people are AWFUL!  

The only person I like is Kyle.  No wonder he came out as not only the fav but ring leader of the house.  The bar was set soooo low with these other slugs.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, snarts said:

Sad to see Luke go. Rumors of drama behind the scenes with him during Winter House. Hmmm. https://www.instagram.com/p/CfW-v4FPsBg/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

They'd better bring in some hot single men. There was already a gender imbalance and the remaining cast members are all in relationships. That's not very interesting to watch. 

I need more tea about the W.H. drama with Luke.  I haven't heard squat about that.  IG only hints there was drama and not what it was about

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

*Comedian* Hannah is on the Juicy Scoop podcast with Heather McDonald.  Still unfunny and annoying. She said that Luke giving her oral sex first before she did it to him was empowering for all women. She’s still best friends with Paige and Ciara. And says out of 5,,000 tweets people who hated her found like maybe 4-5 tweets from years ago(!) that were similar to others out there that weren’t even viral and accused her of stealing material. So now she’s very careful before posting stuff. Vey boring, and I hate myself for listening to it. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

I posted this on the Southern Charm thread too, and it is a little OT but is anyone watching Forever Summer Hamptons on Amazon prime?  It reminds me of this show and Southern Charm, before they turned boring.   It seems like it would be a Bravo show, and it’s so bad it’s good, but no one apparently is watching! https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/132717-forever-summer-hamptons/#comment-7589600

On 7/18/2022 at 5:03 PM, snarts said:

The male/female ratio is way off.  Summer House needs more men, especially with Luke, Andrea & Alex all leaving.

I think Kyle likes it that way, and he’s somehow a producer or something so he gets to weigh in on the decisions.

2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I posted this on the Southern Charm thread too, and it is a little OT but is anyone watching Forever Summer Hamptons on Amazon prime?  It reminds me of this show and Southern Charm, before they turned boring.   It seems like it would be a Bravo show, and it’s so bad it’s good, but no one apparently is watching! https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/132717-forever-summer-hamptons/#comment-7589600

I think Kyle likes it that way, and he’s somehow a producer or something so he gets to weigh in on the decisions.

For that reason, I thought Forever Summer would be a nice watch.

It was boring as hell, the characters entirely unlikeable and unrelatable.  I turned it off after half an episode.   Total waste.  

Their photos went up on the ring designer’s site almost immediately so probably some subsidy there in exchange for marketing content. I guess there’s no shame in that game but it seems kind of slimy and rings off key for me. I guess nothing is sacred when you’re an influencer. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 8/28/2022 at 6:26 PM, Marigold66 said:

I am happy for both of them.  They have both had a long road that led ultimately to each other.  He has been sober for a year or more, so he is in a space to make that commitment.  She has been on that road with him.  I have always supported friends first, spouses later.  This might just work out for them.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, b2H said:

I am happy for both of them.  They have both had a long road that led ultimately to each other.  He has been sober for a year or more, so he is in a space to make that commitment.  She has been on that road with him.

Just in time to get engaged for the new season. Or did they already film? I can't keep the timeline straight. 

Lindsey said (I think during the reunion) that she's sober now but won't be forever. If she wants to drink, she will. That could cause a lot of trouble in the future if she does that. Not that she has to stay sober because Carl is but because she gets crazy drunk when she drinks. It just won't work. 

They're probably wrapping up filming now, so maybe we'll get to see something about the proposal, if not the event itself. I hope Carl really has put his drunken fuckboy days behind him and become a decent human being. He did seem genuine with Lindsay at the reunion and they were sweet together. For both of their sakes I hope this works out.

I kind of remember the comment about drinking. It seemed reasonable to me. I have to wonder how much any of them really drink when they're not on camera. My bet is Lindsay meant a drink or two in a glass, not that guzzling from huge bottles they do on the show.

Too many cast changes and they might lose me, too. It looks like the women will be Lindsay, Paige, Amanda, Danielle, and Mya plus the three new ones. The men are Kyle, Carl and one new guy? That is seriously skewed. I don't think it's a function of what Kyle wants. He's not listed among the producers, plus he seems to like to bro down. I can't believe the main audience for this show is straight men. I think it's women and we need eye candy, too.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Just in time to get engaged for the new season. Or did they already film? I can't keep the timeline straight. 

Lindsey said (I think during the reunion) that she's sober now but won't be forever. If she wants to drink, she will. That could cause a lot of trouble in the future if she does that. Not that she has to stay sober because Carl is but because she gets crazy drunk when she drinks. It just won't work. 

I lived with someone for nearly ten years that was recovering.  When I did want an alcoholic drink, I would always ask if it’s ok.  He never said no and we did just fine.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, b2H said:

I lived with someone for nearly ten years that was recovering.  When I did want an alcoholic drink, I would always ask if it’s ok.  He never said no and we did just fine.

Except with Lindsey she never has a drink. She drinks to get shitfaced, then she gets loud, sloppy and argumentative and this is what Carl may have a problem with. Of course we see her on the show and that's only a small fraction of their every day lives. 

• Like 1

They'll probably use the engagement for the season finale content, leave some sort of stupid cliffhanger and the wedding will be the finale for next season, just like they did with Kyle and Amanda. Next season will more theme parties and wedding related events. Super boring formula and it's been done a thousand times before.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

Too many cast changes and they might lose me, too. It looks like the women will be Lindsay, Paige, Amanda, Danielle, and Mya plus the three new ones. The men are Kyle, Carl and one new guy? That is seriously skewed. I don't think it's a function of what Kyle wants. He's not listed among the producers, plus he seems to like to bro down. I can't believe the main audience for this show is straight men. I think it's women and we need eye candy, too.

Bet it leads to drama with Amanda and Lindsay being jealous of the new girls and any attention paid them.  So weird that it is only 3 guy sand the rest girls? 

On 8/28/2022 at 6:26 PM, Marigold66 said:

I will be happy for them until we see the dysfunction of their relationship once Summer House begins again.  Though I do hope I'm wrong!

Edited by KLJ
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Except with Lindsey she never has a drink. She drinks to get shitfaced, then she gets loud, sloppy and argumentative and this is what Carl may have a problem with. Of course we see her on the show and that's only a small fraction of their every day lives. 

It could be, and I am only guessing, that she does or did that because she was so unhappy.  She has a lot of hang ups that she might have been masking with alcohol.  And remember the season where she virtually bed a different guy nearly every week?  

She’s been acting out for a long time.  This just might bring her the stability she needs in her life.  One can only hope.

• Like 2
On 8/30/2022 at 5:57 PM, Passing Strange said:

I kind of remember the comment about drinking. It seemed reasonable to me. I have to wonder how much any of them really drink when they're not on camera. My bet is Lindsay meant a drink or two in a glass, not that guzzling from huge bottles they do on the show.

I heard her say on a podcast that when she does go back to drinking she will have a glass of wine w/ dinner when out with a friend or something but that she doesn't see herself ever going back to the days of binging/over-indulging. 

I'm rooting for them. I met them both at an event Luke threw and they seemed very happy together. And good lord are they all good looking in person.  

Edited by ksutton625
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

It feels like people either totally love Lindsey or hate her.  There is no gray area on opinions about her!  I'm so over her.  I thought that like on Winter House, she and Carl may just pop in for a episode or two.  It looks like this season will probably revolve heavily around them (and Lindsey's fallout with Danielle).  Bummer.  I'm actually not sure I'll be able to watch because of her.  

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

It feels like people either totally love Lindsey or hate her.  There is no gray area on opinions about her!  I'm so over her.  I thought that like on Winter House, she and Carl may just pop in for a episode or two.  It looks like this season will probably revolve heavily around them (and Lindsey's fallout with Danielle).  Bummer.  I'm actually not sure I'll be able to watch because of her.  

I don’t know if I’m neutral on Lindsey but I do go back and forth on her. I think she’s nuts and a nightmare but I do take her side a good chunk of the time. Especially against Paige and Cierra. I think they bully her and expect these weird friendship things from her when they’ve made it clear the three of them are not friends. I don't get girls like that that that expect all this “girl code” stuff from people they clearly hate.

But I’m sad about her fallout with Danielle. I’m guessing I’ll be on Danielle’s side.

• Like 2

I haven't liked Lindsey since S1 when she IMHO ostracized Chrstina from the group after they had a falling out. I've sided with her on some things over the years but feel like she demands a lot from her friends yet isn't really there for them. I'm interested to see what went down with Danielle,

Paige & Ciara don't like Lindsey because of how she treated them early on. When Paige & Amanda started becoming close, Lindsey tried to drive a wedge between them. She acts like she's the star of the show and can't be bothered to be nice to any newbies. I still remember her purposely excluding Mya last season, telling her she couldn't join them at the bar.

Speaking of, is Mya back this season?  I really liked her.

Edited by snarts
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3