Type keyword(s) to search

The LEGO Batman Movie (2017)

Trini
  • Start Topic

Theatrical Premiere: February 10, 2017

In the irreverent spirit of fun that made The LEGO® Movie a worldwide phenomenon, the self-described leading man of that ensemble—LEGO Batman—stars in his own big-screen adventure. But there are big changes brewing in Gotham, and if he wants to save the city from The Joker’s hostile takeover, Batman may have to drop the lone vigilante thing, try to work with others and maybe, just maybe, learn to lighten up.

Will Arnett reprises his starring role from The LEGO Movie as the voice of LEGO Batman, aka Bruce Wayne. Zach Galifianakis (Muppets Most Wanted, the Hangover films) stars as The Joker; Michael Cera (TV’s Arrested Development) as the orphan Dick Grayson; Rosario Dawson (TV’s Daredevil) as Barbara Gordon; and Ralph Fiennes (the Harry Potter films) as Alfred.

The LEGO® Batman Movie will be directed by Chris McKay, and produced by Dan Lin, Phil Lord, Christopher Miller, and Roy Lee, who worked together on The LEGO Movie. The screenplay is by Seth Grahame-Smith and Chris McKenna & Erik Sommers and Jared Stern & John Whittington, story by Seth Grahame-Smith, based on LEGO Construction Toys and based on characters from DC Entertainment. Batman was created by Bob Kane with Bill Finger; Superman was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. Jill Wilfert, Matthew Ashton, Will Allegra and Brad Lewis serve as executive producers.

The new film’s production designer is Grant Freckelton, returning from The LEGO Movie. Also returning is The LEGO Movie editor David Burrows, along with editors Matt Villa, and John Venzon. The music is composed by Lorne Balfe.

From Warner Bros. Pictures and Warner Animation Group, in association with LEGO System A/S, a Lin Pictures / Lord Miller / Vertigo Entertainment production, The LEGO Batman Movie will open in theaters on February 10, 2017. It will be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

legobatmanonesheet.jpg

http://www.legobatman.com/

• Love 4

Hi everyone, I'm looking forward to the LEGO Batman Movie so much that I wanted to watch everything from the trailers so far in the correct order, so I made this:

I tried to work out the plot the best I could and have summarised it in the description.
Please like and share so more people can see it (I'm not making money from it, it's just for fun).

Thanks

Edited by Nintynuts
replaced short Video URL with full for preview

Saw it today; it was a lot of fun. Not on the same level as The Lego Movie, but I enjoyed it. It's got a decent joke rate, and the cast is great.

Spoiler

I'm glad I wasn't spoiled for the back half of the movie. I didn't see the trailers past the first one, so I don't know how much of it was given away.

There's unexpectedly a bunch of jokes about Orca, whose initial story arc was one of the first Batman comics I ever read.

• Love 1

Just back from the movie! It was great! Kids are gonna love it, and there is enough there to keep parents entertained, so won't mind going back for repeat viewings... I foresee this one crossing a billion worldwide within just a few weeks of release.

I didn't love it quite as much as The Lego Movie (not as emotionally resonant/slightly more slapstick); but still a solid 7/10 for me...

That movie was hilarious.  Loved the callbacks to other versions of Batman, and they got Dick's basic character 100% correct.  Despite everything that happened to him, he's happy, optimistic, and

he saves Batman from going completely dark.  Bruce didn't save Dick, it was the other way around, Dick was the one who saved Bruce.

• Love 4

Saw it today. Very nice. Will Arnett isn't in Kevin Conroy's league, but he's pretty close. Damn, they squeezed in damn near every Bat-villian, AND lots of evil guys from other licenses . . . Voldemort, King Kong, the Kraken . . . Daleks! They had Daleks!! And I think I saw the latest Doctor in a few crowd scenes.

This was fun. Soooooooo many in-jokes. I was smiling through most of it.

• Love 6

OMG, where do I even begin? So many hilarious meta-jokes to choose from. It had me from the moment Batman started doing his own commentary of the opening credits.

"Password?" "Iron Man sucks!"

"Who always does his taxes? (Not Batman!)"

"Getting a bunch of criminals to fight criminals? Who would have a stupid idea like that?"

"Bat rope! You lied to me!!"

Joker taunting Batman for his secret relationship-comedy guilty pleasure.

Kind of raised my eyebrows at Batman's crush on Babs, but it wasn't creepy like The Killing Joke, at least.

Too bad they couldn't have Ralph Fiennes do Voldemort and Alfred at the same time. That would've been perfect. And was I the only one that thought Dick resembled Harry Potter?

Screw the Justice League movie, just let the Lego versions take over instead!

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Too bad they couldn't have Ralph Fiennes do Voldemort and Alfred at the same time. That would've been perfect. 

I thought the same thing! It would've been really cool. I obviously hate Voldemort in the Harry Potter series, but I loved seeing him in the Lego Batman movie as one of the iconic bad guys.

I actually enjoyed this movie more than the Lego Movie. The biggest reason why I liked the Lego Movie in the first place was because of Batman so it's great that he got his own movie. 

I like this portrayal of Batman as this egotistical superhero who seems so self-assured, but whose biggest enemy is actually himself because of his inability to confront his emotions and open up to people. The quote "sometimes, losing people is a part of life – but that doesn’t mean you stop letting them in" really touched me. That may go over the heads of kids who may not understand, but I think a lot of people can relate to that.

• Love 6
On 2/11/2017 at 4:22 PM, Spartan Girl said:

And was I the only one that thought Dick resembled Harry Potter?

I can see that, but with the green-tinted glasses and lighter hair I think he was really supposed to look like Carrie Kelley, the female Robin from The Dark Knight Returns.

The fact that they managed to work in a reference to the movie serials from the 40's was priceless... And I don't ever want this to be forgotten: we saw them use Shark Repellent Bat-Spray on Jaws.  And it worked after all!

• Love 4

I howled every time anyone shot a gun and said, "Pew! Pew!"

I loved all the Easter eggs, and I believe that about 3/4 of the people in the theater had no idea what the Gremlins were, and I suspect quite a few were fuzzy on the Flying Monkeys.

I also love that Siri has been updated to respond appropriately to "Hey, 'Puter." 

• Love 3

I noticed they never mentioned Daleks by name.  When the multicolor Daleks appeared, 1 of the character said "ask your nerd friends"

Two continuity questions:
- Why did Joker not sent back to Phantom Zone at the end of the movie? Even though his time there was brief, it was still longer than Batman
- Where was Zod when the villains attacked Gotham?  Didn't Superman put him there a few days earlier?

• Love 1

Love the pew pew pew.  Funniest bit in the movie.  But there were so many funny bits, and so many callbacks, that this was a lot of great fun.  I can't imagine how Will Arnett manages not to destroy his voice.

Dammit, I waited till the end to see an after-credits scene, but there wasn't one.  :)  This is the best Batman movie in years.

I wonder if the Doctor Who people wouldn't release the trademarked name "Dalek".

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 4

I'm an unabashed Batman fan girl. I grew up watching the '60's Batman reruns & loved them. My love for the Bats has continued, strongly, to this day & inspired my study & appreciation for real bats. Even the Batman movies I didn't like much I still liked a little because they were Batman movies. I loved this movie with heart emojis & starry eyes. It had story & heart & humor. I laughed enough I embarrassed my kids a bit. This was like a lovely palette cleanser after the bitter taste that was lingering from BvS. *pew*pew*

• Love 6

This was a fun and funny movie, with a surprising amount of emotion at the end.

I loved the song at the end, "Friends are family," it was catchy. And I loved the way all of them were dancing!

I thought that the Justice League would show up at the end when Gotham was coming apart.

• Love 2

I'm really bummed this isn't doing better financially. I mean it's obviously doing quite well, but I was not-so-secretly hoping that it would beat the BvS numbers. This is the Batman movie we needed after so much focus on Dark Batman, we needed to send the character up with DC and Warner Brothers on side (there's lots of Batman parodies out there if you want them).

One of my favourite little moments was when Joker breaks into the ball and everyone starts freaking out. Barbara starts taking command, but Jim Gordon non-nonchalantly grabs the Bat Signal activator and starts pressing it, without a care in the world. Hahaha

• Love 5

Just saw it today. Lots of great bits and gags. I think my favorite call back bit was Billy Dee Williams as Two Face. For those who don't know Williams took the role of Harvey Dent in the 89 Burton Batman movie. He took it knowing the character and figuring that when they eventually made the movie with Two Face as the villain it would be his to play. But for Batman Forever they recast Tommy Lee Jones as Two Face.

• Love 3

Happy to finally have this on Blu-Ray!

One of the little things I loved was how this was one of the rare Batman movies that didn't feature yet another flashback of the Wayne's getting killed. Granted, it was probably because they wouldn't do that for a kids movie, but still. It was enough to have him sadly looking at the family picture. 

• Love 3
On 20/06/2017 at 11:45 PM, Spartan Girl said:

One of the little things I loved was how this was one of the rare Batman movies that didn't feature yet another flashback of the Wayne's getting killed. Granted, it was probably because they wouldn't do that for a kids movie, but still. It was enough to have him sadly looking at the family picture. 

I hate to do this, but... have you never watched a disney film?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Which Tyler said:

I hate to do this, but... have you never watched a disney film?

Yes, I have and I know what you were getting that. I meant they probably didn't want to go that dark in a Lego movie. And like I said, it's been done in almost every other Batman movie and TV to the point where it almost loses the emotional impact.

On 2017-6-20 at 6:45 PM, Spartan Girl said:

On the one hand i am glad they didn't show it, but also it would have been funny to see mother Wayne's pearls bouncing off the sidewalk as cubes because they were lego bricks.

• Love 5