Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls: Another Year in the Life Season 2 Speculation

photo fox
  • Start Topic

Gilmore Girls: Another Year in the Life Season 2 Speculation   POLL OPEN

152 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think if there's money to be made, terms agreed to, actor availability, it will probably happen.  I imagine most of the actors wouldn't mind a little more financial security.  I sort of hope it doesn't happen, because it just creates more opportunities to mess up characters, but I feel like I would be drawn in if the right actors were coming back.  Then again, the whole Rory pregnancy makes me pretty much want to see no more of that whole thing.   And I think 8 or 10 one-hour-ish episodes would be preferable.  Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe a new Black Friday tradition?  I hate shopping.  When did they start shooting this one anyway? 

• Love 2

So, I think that at the very least, the Sherman-Palladino family want a second season, so to speak. I think their original vision has a lot more planned, and they could have essentially had the last four words be spoken with more closure than what they gave. Sure, real life isn't wrapped up in a nice bow and it can end just as ambiguous and uncertain as this revival, but this is a TV show. They probably have a vision on what exactly happens next and if they have the opportunity to actually explore it, then I have no doubt that they'll take it up. I don't know what other projects ASP and DP are working on, but it seems like they'd have the time, and I'm sure if they can get a bunch of the actors to do another three months of filming (or a week or a few weeks or however long that they can), then that's what they will do. 

Plus, with the somewhat depressing ending of Rory and Lorelai's faces looking less than happy, I don't think they want to leave their revival off on a depressing note like that. I imagine the last four words were initially meant to be uttered with a more positive reaction. So yeah, I think the curiosity of what'll happen with Rory and Logan, with Luke/Lorelai in their first year of marriage, with Emily's new journey, and even with Jess and his last longing look, will be more than enough to gain some momentum to warrant a second season of sorts. I can't imagine them passing up the clearly laid out opportunity. 

7 minutes ago, ShadowFacts said:

When did they start shooting this one anyway? 

I believe they filmed between January/February and April, because Melissa McCarthy filmed her one scene at the beginning of April. 

• Love 2

I agree with @ShadowFacts. A limited series of 1 hour episodes would probably be better. The stories could be tighter that way, without long side-trips into musical numbers. In theory, anyway. DP has always enjoyed the quirky side trips.

The one thing I'd dread would be the on-coming baby story. Would Rory be Anna (not telling the father), Lorelai (raising the child basically fatherless), or would she have to be dealing with Huntzberger drama all the time (complete with a bound-to-be-a-stereotype Odette)? I fear that the whole show would get swallowed up by Rory's baby story-line, and Rory's love-life (especially if both Milo and Matt were available) and Lorelai would be relegated to a supporting role, while Emily would be even more distant to the story. Essentially, I'm afraid they'd be running the story as an Alexis Bledel rom-com vehicle, which would be a weaker show.

ASP and DP don't seem to know how to write decently happy couples, so Lorelai and Luke would have either a) contrived angst, or b) a background presence. I'd rather see option b) than option a), but neither offers much for Lauren and Scott to do. It'd be a paycheck for them, though. Lorelai's new Inn Annex could offer some depth, I suppose. And they could have fun with Emily's terms of helping with the financing... the trips to Nantucket. 

I'm not kidding myself though... even if I get annoyed with the giant sinkhole of Rory's baby plot, I'd still watch.

• Love 6

For 2, I voted "Yes, I can't get enough!" but it's really in between that and the next one.  I would watch, because I can't imagine ever not watching, but part of me would be wishing ASP would just get over herself already, write a real finale (one that doesn't feel like the ending to Roseanne), and let it go.

• Love 6

What I see as possible storylines for the next part of the revival (it feels weird to call it a season 2 and I'm not sure why):

• Rory's pregnancy storyline will probably be the biggest one. Whether they have it take place right after the final scene of Fall, or they skip ahead a year later to when Rory has the baby and it's Baby's First Year, it'll really explore Rory venturing into single parenthood. What I think will happen with Logan is that he'll really try to be involved in the baby's life. I assume the tension will come from Mitchum and Shira vs Emily and Lorelai, in which they do everything to protect Rory and the baby from the influence of the Huntzbergers. I mean, I think that would be an interesting storyline to explore, and it gets Emily involved in more than her Nantucket thing. 
  • The Rory/Logan romance will continue being an issue. I see Odette and Logan marrying and I can't imagine Logan and his family doesn't know about the baby. Unless Rory ends up pulling an Anna (which I can't see), Logan's story will probably have him torn between his Huntzberger family and now the child he has conceived with Rory. Hopefully if we meet Odette, she isn't some sort of walking stereotype. I'd actually like for her to be a genuinely nice woman. It would definitely show that Logan's choice is harder to make because of it. Now, whether Logan ends his marriage with Odette (if they get married) and if he and Rory get back together is up to ASP and DP, and I'm not quite sure how they really feel about Logan. He seems to be hated because of his character regression from season 7, but he also was Rory's longest term boyfriend and had a major part in the revival, so it's hard to say. If he is Christopher 2.0, is he the What Could Have Been for Christopher/Lorelai and him and Rory will work it out, or is he just another parallel that shows that Rory/Logan aren't cut out for each other?
  • Honestly I think that if they can get Milo Ventimiglia to be in this second part for more of a prominent role, then they could absolutely explore the Jess/Rory romance. Despite them being family, ASP clearly got Milo to play that last scene when he was staring at Rory through the window as somewhat hopeful for them as a couple. Plus, more Jess means more possible stories with Luke as an individual and everyone seems to enjoy Jess/Luke scenes. I think they'd try to get Milo in more scenes and as long as they work around his This Is Us schedule (I imagine it's difficult but not impossible), then they'll utilize Jess' character and maybe provide more closure for him. Plus, Milo has always expressed his enthusiasm for the show so he'd be fully on board if his schedule allows it. Maybe if they push filming to May/June, he could swing it. 
  • I'm sure they'll need to insert some sort of Luke/Lorelai drama somehow because that's all they apparently know how to write for them. Exploring their first year of marriage, even though they've been together for 10 years consecutively, is something they'd probably want to do. I don't really know what they can do for Luke and Lorelai, as she'll be busy with helping Rory with her baby. I don't know what they could really do with Luke. Maybe his own separate storyline can be about Luke's Diner. The only thing I can possibly think of is Luke's burning down and he spends the year rebuilding, dealing with that particular loss but realizing....something. I know it was his dad's old hardware store, so it could really provide some interesting insights to Luke without inserting a secret daughter or a romantic ex plot. 
  • I imagine they'll incorporate the town even more in some way. Probably more Kirk. Not really sure what they'd do here. Hopefully no more 20 minute musicals that nobody cares about.
  • I imagine they'll bring back Christopher to further highlight the Christopher/Logan parallels, but I'd also hope that it would lead to them showing how different Logan is from Christopher, and I'd also hope that leads Christopher to finally apologizing and fully making up for his past neglect. Heh, maybe Gigi moves back from Paris (oh yeah, I caught that Parisian comment from him in the last episode) and he has to deal with a surly teenager. I wouldn't mind more Sutcliffe, but seeing as he wants to retire from acting, he might only make one more cameo and that's it.
  • Emily's storyline is unclear. I guess they might show her with Jack Smith and maybe it'll lead to a wedding of their own? Maybe? There's still some story left with Emily but as I pointed out above, if Logan's family gets involved with Logan and Rory's baby story, then Emily could surely be inserted to be the opposing side to help out.

That's really all I got right now. I just kind of thought what could happen in the next season and what could be interesting for me.  

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 2

I know myself well enough to know I'd keep an ear out and if it were good, I'd watch, but I really wouldn't mind not going through this again. I always thought of Logan as Rory's Christopher anyway and now that we may be looking at a literal parallel between Luke/Lorelai/Christopher and Jess/Rory/Logan, I really don't want to cycle through the same drama again. Enough of Rory's storyline, here and in the show's later seasons, has already been devoted to being low and lost. I also don't want Jess to keep pining if Rory can't appreciate him. Although I'd always be up for more Jess and Luke scenes.

I also don't know what kinds of storylines they'd be able to come up with for Luke/Lorelai. Perhaps whatever comes of visiting Emily? Because I can't see what they'd have for Emily to do either but the Lorelai/Emily stuff was my favorite part of the revival. But they've come too far now for petty drama.

And they couldn't have the episodes be an hour and a half again. I could see the struggle to fill up screen time, and I was struggling not to fall asleep. Maybe next time they could give actual storylines to people like Lane and Paris, I didn't understand Paris randomly being dropped after Spring, instead of focusing on gimmicky things like the musical.

• Love 4

Another go-round would need more consistent humor, not scattershot and lame-ish as it was here.  Don't get me wrong, there were lines from Paris and Michel that made me giggle, but some of it was cringe-inducing, like the forgetting Paul, and Paris assessing men's packages. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Winter Rose said:

I always thought of Logan as Rory's Christopher anyway and now that we may be looking at a literal parallel between Luke/Lorelai/Christopher and Jess/Rory/Logan, I really don't want to cycle through the same drama again. Enough of Rory's storyline, here and in the show's later seasons, has already been devoted to being low and lost. I also don't want Jess to keep pining if Rory can't appreciate him.

God, yes. Hope ASP & DP read this before committing to scripts for any potential re-revival. I do not want to see Rory breaking Jess's heart after finally getting together by ending up in Logan's bed after delivering an ultimatum. I do not want to see Shane with Jess's long lost daughter, and Rory going around all pouty-faced for a half a season because Jess suddenly turns into an idiot. If ASP and DP can't work out how to have relationship tension that does not rely on massive WTF moments, I'd just as soon they don't go there.

Keep Jess clear of the whole mess if they can't figure out how to make it organic, or how to make it actually build to a lovely, solid, earned conclusion. Let Paul be the pining punching bag, if someone needs to do it. He's already a joke.

• Love 7

An hour later: 

Playing "what if": How about this? Rory marries Logan early in the series, her idealistic illusions of what "could be" with him come crashing down completely, when he cheats (which he will!), and she runs to Jess, who does not sleep with her!?

That would turn ASP's "parallel structure" and "full circle" crutch into a billy-club.

And might even be interesting to watch. :-P

• Love 2

I think they could go with Rory's Baby Daddy being a random one night stand. It would be a bit of a switcheroo but I think it would almost be preferable to it being Logan.

They did set the precedent be having her have a one night stand during the revival...

Edited by Gooey
Posted in error
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

It would be interesting if Emily had some sort of illness that required her to temporarily move in with Lorelei and Luke. Also, if Rory is raising her baby living at home, it could be interesting to see all three generations of adult women living under one roof. 

Oh god, I don't know if I feel good about a Full House situation. It's even worse than a Full House situation as well because there'd be four generations living under one roof! Also, Emily getting an illness is unimaginable to me. I know it can happen but I like my Emily Gilmore healthy. I know it could be an interesting situation, but I'd rather they tried something else if they're stuck with her. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Oh god, I don't know if I feel good about a Full House situation. It's even worse than a Full House situation as well because there'd be four generations living under one roof! Also, Emily getting an illness is unimaginable to me. I know it can happen but I like my Emily Gilmore healthy. I know it could be an interesting situation, but I'd rather they tried something else if they're stuck with her. 

They'd have to move someone to the Annex. (aka: Luke's old apartment)

I would love to see Lorelai reading Rory's book with a look at their life in the garden shed, meeting Sookie, Mia, Luke etc.  Of course, the young actors cast need to do our present day actors justice, unlike the young Lorelai and Chris in Dear Richard and Emily. And with Lorelai reading it, it could be interesting with her memories and POV of Rory's story.  It could woven in with the current day story.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, CalamitysChild said:

If Rory ends up having Lorelai version 4.0, what would her nickname be? Lori? Laila? Lore? Lila? Lee? Trixie McBimbo? I'm out.

I realize I ask the tough questions.

She can go by her middle name

9 hours ago, CalamitysChild said:

If Rory ends up having Lorelai version 4.0, what would her nickname be? Lori? Laila? Lore? Lila? Lee? Trixie McBimbo? I'm out.

I realize I ask the tough questions.

If she does go this route, which I totally see ASP doing if she doesn't do the Twist!It's A Boy! route, then I think Lori or Lila wold be the better names. 

4 minutes ago, lordonia said:

I'd be a lot more likely to watch another attempt if someone other than the Palladinos were in charge.

yah. me too. I don't know if i'm gonna rush to watch a season 2. 

Oooh! I love this thread!

On 28/11/2016 at 0:55 PM, Winter Rose said:

I know myself well enough to know I'd keep an ear out and if it were good, I'd watch, but I really wouldn't mind not going through this again. I always thought of Logan as Rory's Christopher anyway and now that we may be looking at a literal parallel between Luke/Lorelai/Christopher and Jess/Rory/Logan, I really don't want to cycle through the same drama again. Enough of Rory's storyline, here and in the show's later seasons, has already been devoted to being low and lost. I also don't want Jess to keep pining if Rory can't appreciate him. Although I'd always be up for more Jess and Luke scenes.

That's almost how I feel. I'm not interested in watching the show without a garantee the Rory/Jess romance will be explored. If we can't get that, I'd rather Jess wasn't in the show at all. I can't bear to watch ANOTHER show where Rory seems to appreciate even frigging Dean over Jess.

About the pregnancy, here's the deal: I have no doubt ASP's plan A is for Logan to be Rory's baby Daddy BUT I also have every doubt in the world Matt Czuchry would be up for returning.  We already know he had creative differences with ASP as far as who Logan is and what his relationship with Rory entails and hasn't seemed that excited about the revival. Extremelly professional but not genuinely excited. 

Last week, I watched an interview on E! where it seemed he almost pulled a muscle in trying to remain blank faced when asked if he would be up to a season 2. He was very diplomatic in his answer, but it was very obvious he was caught off guard and was trying his best not to jump the gun with an answer one way or another. IMHO, he can (easily) do better.

So I believe there's every possibility Rory's baby might be he result of her one night stand with Wookie. Actually, that kind of would fit Gilmore Girl's better than the whole drama of Rory having this connection with a married guy forever. Fathers were always less important in the GG world. 

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 4

Rory drank all summer and was even drinking on that last weekend with Logan. No way is it believable that the Wookie is the father. Paul-forgettable Paul could be a different story. She'll probably keep meaning to tell Paul but will forget until the child asks. Or she can tell Logan the child's Paul's while it's really Logan's to soap opera it up a bit. 

• Love 3

Yeah, there's no way it's the Wookie's baby.  That would mean Rory missed at least 2-3 menstrual periods, thought nothing of it, and then decided drinking champagne with the LDB would be totally cool.  I get Rory's kind of a dunce in the revival but I highly doubt she's that stupid.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, NumberCruncher said:

Yeah, there's no way it's the Wookie's baby.  That would mean Rory missed at least 2-3 menstrual periods, thought nothing of it, and then decided drinking champagne with the LDB would be totally cool.  I get Rory's kind of a dunce in the revival but I highly doubt she's that stupid.

Unless she's not regular. 

3 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Unless she's not regular. 

In real life maybe but 5 months is even questionable about that. Plus the show made a point of having Rory not drink even Coffee after her last weekend with Logan. 

9 minutes ago, tarotx said:

In real life maybe but 5 months is even questionable about that. Plus the show made a point of having Rory not drink even Coffee after her last weekend with Logan. 

Exactly.  People are free to fanwank just about any conclusion they want but for me the Wookie baby daddy theory just really makes no sense on its face.  I also don't think we would have gotten the Rory/Christopher scene at the end discussing Lorelai's single motherhood if we weren't to make an educated guess Logan is the father since ASP keeps bringing up the Logan/Christopher parallel so much.

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, NumberCruncher said:

Exactly.  People are free to fanwank just about any conclusion they want but for me the Wookie baby daddy theory just really makes no sense just on its face.  I also don't think we would have gotten the Rory/Christopher scene at the end discussing Lorelai's single motherhood if we weren't to make an educated guess Logan is the father since ASP keeps bringing up the Logan/Christopher parallel so much.

oh im not. but i was just saying if you're irregular you wouldn't think twice .  im a firm believer it's logan's baby.

Wasn't it early November by the end of Fall? Depending on when in the Spring months she slept with Wookie, she'd be anywhere 4 to 6 months pregnant. She'd have to have absolutely no symptoms or signs not to know she was pregnant for that long. She'd most likely have put on some weight, if not start showing by that point, as thin as Rory is.

Unless, of course, Wookieguy was so amazing that Rory has been on the secretly prowling every Comic convention throughout the Summer and Fall lol. Maybe she found a fetish for Cosplayers.

2 hours ago, lordonia said:

I'd be a lot more likely to watch another attempt if someone other than the Palladinos were in charge.

Seriously, they at least need to bring on some more writers and directors. Hell, chase Jenji Kohen away from Orange is the New Black to write an episode, or try to round up a few of the better writers and directors form the original series. This might be the one time Netflix needs to have a firmer hand with their creators.

Not that I have enough standards to stay away from a season two even if I was certain it would suck, but here's what I'd like to see if I had it my way:

-Rory being her messy, needy, irresponsible self and Lorelai, realizing her daughter is about become a mother, tells her to grow up. She'd still be supportive but would slowing forcing Rory to learn to stand on her own two feet.

-For Lane to have a separate, if small, story line of her own. I wanted to know more about what she was up to.

-Rory wakes up and realizes she can't think only of herself anymore. She finally excepts that her life isn't going and will never go exactly as she planned it, and she is fine, even happy with it.

-Instead of four 90 minute episodes, a short season between 6-10 episodes long, around an hour each.

-If Odette does appear, I want her not to be a walking, breathing stereotype. I'd like her to be a nice, mature, intelligent woman who can cut through BS.

-If Jess can make an extended appearance, I want to see more of what his life looks like now. Maybe Rory's ends up in Philly and we can get a sense of what direction his life has been going in. Whether or not Rory and Jess are endgame, I don't want to see him pining. Let him be happy with someone else for a while.

Those are just a few things off the top of my head. But I would honestly watch regardless, though this time I'm going to fast forward at the first sign of an extended musical number.

• Love 2

One thing the Wookie incident gave us was an indication that Rory is capable of a one-night stand. So to avoid a Logan-is-the-dad storyline and all the stomach churning that would inspire, I'd be open to entertaining the possibility that Rory just had another one-night stand sometime late in the summer episode. Only we didn't see it because we were so fixated on the damn musical.

Just now, CalamityBoPeep said:

One thing the Wookie incident gave us was an indication that Rory is capable of a one-night stand. So to avoid a Logan-is-the-dad storyline and all the stomach churning that would inspire, I'd be open to entertaining the possibility that Rory just had another one-night stand sometime late in the summer episode. Only we didn't see it because we were so fixated on the damn musical.

The Wookie was her first one-night stand and it sent her into freakout mode. Imo Paul is the best option for a non-Logan-is-the-dad storyline. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, tarotx said:

The Wookie was her first one-night stand and it sent her into freakout mode. Imo Paul is the best option for a non-Logan-is-the-dad storyline. 

Practice, practice... ;) She did seem to think she was behind the curve.

Anything to avoid Logan as the dad.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tarotx said:

The Wookie was her first one-night stand and it sent her into freakout mode.

Obvious statement is obvious, but....Rory really has the most twisted moral compass ever, doesn't she? One night stands freak her out (though, career problems), but casually being the "other woman" and *being treated that way* especially in the restaurant scene...well, it seems to make her queasy at best.  It's fine that she's perfectly ok with no-strings sex, but it's just funny that for her, one night stands are so different from casually cheating on her dumb boyfriend. What, "my London, my Logan?" 

Of course, a one night stand wouldn't create the possible emotional mess that Logan's fathering the baby would. Too neat for Rory. 

Edited by moonb
typo
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, cuddlingcrowley said:

I also have every doubt in the world Matt Czuchry would be up for returning. We already know he had creative differences with ASP as far as who Logan is and what his relationship with Rory entails and hasn't seemed that excited about the revival. Extremely professional but not genuinely excited. 

I feel kind of bad for Matt the actor/person having to assassinate a character he obviously cares about portraying. (Okay, some of that is carried over from The Good Wife because his character got shafted there as well.)

If there's a Re-revived season, I'd like to see some self-examination by the leads. I don't necessarily need positive change (which is in the eye of the beholder anyway) but I want Rory and Lorelai to show a bit of introspection and awareness of what has brought them to this point. I want to know where the secondary characters -- Lane, Paris, Jess, Sookie -- are in their lives other than they exist. I want a couple of new, interesting cast members. I absolutely want Lorelai and Emily to quit holding onto grudges and pain from 30 years ago already.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 13

I think it would be really interesting if they decided to have the Logan/Christopher parallel diverge with the baby. I mean I doubt it because it seems like they want the Lorelai/single mom thing. I might be biased tho, because I've always liked Logan (maybe it was Matt C this whole time).

• Love 4
On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 11:42 AM, Lady Calypso said:

What I see as possible storylines for the next part of the revival (it feels weird to call it a season 2 and I'm not sure why):

• Rory's pregnancy storyline will probably be the biggest one. Whether they have it take place right after the final scene of Fall, or they skip ahead a year later to when Rory has the baby and it's Baby's First Year, it'll really explore Rory venturing into single parenthood. What I think will happen with Logan is that he'll really try to be involved in the baby's life. I assume the tension will come from Mitchum and Shira vs Emily and Lorelai, in which they do everything to protect Rory and the baby from the influence of the Huntzbergers. I mean, I think that would be an interesting storyline to explore, and it gets Emily involved in more than her Nantucket thing. 
  • The Rory/Logan romance will continue being an issue. I see Odette and Logan marrying and I can't imagine Logan and his family doesn't know about the baby. Unless Rory ends up pulling an Anna (which I can't see), Logan's story will probably have him torn between his Huntzberger family and now the child he has conceived with Rory. Hopefully if we meet Odette, she isn't some sort of walking stereotype. I'd actually like for her to be a genuinely nice woman. It would definitely show that Logan's choice is harder to make because of it. Now, whether Logan ends his marriage with Odette (if they get married) and if he and Rory get back together is up to ASP and DP, and I'm not quite sure how they really feel about Logan. He seems to be hated because of his character regression from season 7, but he also was Rory's longest term boyfriend and had a major part in the revival, so it's hard to say. If he is Christopher 2.0, is he the What Could Have Been for Christopher/Lorelai and him and Rory will work it out, or is he just another parallel that shows that Rory/Logan aren't cut out for each other?
  • Honestly I think that if they can get Milo Ventimiglia to be in this second part for more of a prominent role, then they could absolutely explore the Jess/Rory romance. Despite them being family, ASP clearly got Milo to play that last scene when he was staring at Rory through the window as somewhat hopeful for them as a couple. Plus, more Jess means more possible stories with Luke as an individual and everyone seems to enjoy Jess/Luke scenes. I think they'd try to get Milo in more scenes and as long as they work around his This Is Us schedule (I imagine it's difficult but not impossible), then they'll utilize Jess' character and maybe provide more closure for him. Plus, Milo has always expressed his enthusiasm for the show so he'd be fully on board if his schedule allows it. Maybe if they push filming to May/June, he could swing it. 
  • I'm sure they'll need to insert some sort of Luke/Lorelai drama somehow because that's all they apparently know how to write for them. Exploring their first year of marriage, even though they've been together for 10 years consecutively, is something they'd probably want to do. I don't really know what they can do for Luke and Lorelai, as she'll be busy with helping Rory with her baby. I don't know what they could really do with Luke. Maybe his own separate storyline can be about Luke's Diner. The only thing I can possibly think of is Luke's burning down and he spends the year rebuilding, dealing with that particular loss but realizing....something. I know it was his dad's old hardware store, so it could really provide some interesting insights to Luke without inserting a secret daughter or a romantic ex plot. 
  • I imagine they'll incorporate the town even more in some way. Probably more Kirk. Not really sure what they'd do here. Hopefully no more 20 minute musicals that nobody cares about.
  • I imagine they'll bring back Christopher to further highlight the Christopher/Logan parallels, but I'd also hope that it would lead to them showing how different Logan is from Christopher, and I'd also hope that leads Christopher to finally apologizing and fully making up for his past neglect. Heh, maybe Gigi moves back from Paris (oh yeah, I caught that Parisian comment from him in the last episode) and he has to deal with a surly teenager. I wouldn't mind more Sutcliffe, but seeing as he wants to retire from acting, he might only make one more cameo and that's it.
  • Emily's storyline is unclear. I guess they might show her with Jack Smith and maybe it'll lead to a wedding of their own? Maybe? There's still some story left with Emily but as I pointed out above, if Logan's family gets involved with Logan and Rory's baby story, then Emily could surely be inserted to be the opposing side to help out.

That's really all I got right now. I just kind of thought what could happen in the next season and what could be interesting for me.  

Do either ASP or DP have Twitter accounts? If so, you should tweet them and offer to assist with any potential S2 scripts (not that either of them would either listen to your ideas or take you up on the offer!).

You've got some great plot ideas here (more interesting, IMO, than much of what we got in S1).

• Love 1

I've been thinking about this and I've decided that if they do achieve a second season, I'd rather they did it in the next one-three years, rather than waiting another five-ten. I'd rather get the pain of whatever ASP has planned for Rory and her Mistersses out of the way so I don't have to get my hopes up again for a better ending. 

• Love 3

Why would Luke/Lorelai need their storyline to be reinvigorated? Is it cause a couple can't just be happy and normal, and there needs to be DRAMA! CONFLICT! I really hope that would not happen because then they are just not allowed to be freaking happy. If there needs to be something, can it be anything but relationship related. 

If there is a second season, please let it be sooner rather than later. 

• Love 3
On 30/11/2016 at 11:25 AM, junienmomo said:

The idea that I can't get out of my head, and I don't like it, is killing off Luke. It would reinvigorate Lorelai's arc

I'd actually pay good money for that.

I feel kind of bad for Matt the actor/person having to assassinate a character he obviously cares about portraying. (Okay, some of that is carried over from The Good Wife because his character got shafted there as well.)

Logan's character was indeed assassinated in the revival. I actively felt sorry for his fans. No rationalization of the "dinastyc plan" is enough. Like another poster has said, Logan isn't the son of an Earl. He's definitely no Princess Margaret and has got the survival of the monarchy to think of (sorry, "The Crown" is still on the back of my mind).

I didn't know Cary Agos got the shaft as well but I'm not surprised. I never watched The Good Wife religiously or anything but he was by far the most interesting character for me and I already could tell he was criminally underused. I did not need to fall for another blonde boy in a suit whose potential would get wasted. "Alias" was bad enough.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley

I feel bad for saying this but if this revival's taught me anything about Logan, it's that his best chance at character development is if he's not written by the Palladinos. I get that a lot can change in 10 years but a time jump =/= character development. If ASP always wanted him working for his father, that's fine, but at least give a mention as to why that happened in the years that we didn't see. It just came across like ASP acknowledging S7 where it was convenient and completely ignoring it where it wasn't.

• Love 6

I think there would be built-in drama for Luke and Lorelai simply from Rory's storyline and the expansion of the inn. Lorelai will have to replace Sookie for good, build the annex and help Rory with the baby -- she'll be stressed out and freaked out and she and Luke will truly have to merge their lives. She'll confide in him about how she really feels about Rory being pregnant and unmarried and she may start to doubt her parenting ability. Maybe she and Luke will rethink adopting and that will play into it. 

• Love 8

I would be super entertained just by a major storyline about how Luke and Lorelai are committed to spending weeks at a time with Emily in Nantucket now. That's on a whole other level from FNDs even if it's less time overall. 

• Love 6

Not saying I want any of the following to happen. They just popped into my head.

So we had L/L looking into how they could have a baby so that Luke could have a "fresh kid" and get to be there for all of a kid's growing up. And then Rory ends up pregnant and doesn't seem super jazzed about it.

What if they have L/L raise the baby?

If this happened, I doubt it would be decided on before or even immediately after Rory gives birth. But I could see Rory living at home, Lorelai and especially Luke pitching in a LOT. I'm imagining a lot of "no you go ahead, I got this" comments from Luke.

And them some career opportunity comes up for Rory. But for some reason she can't swing it with having a baby (too much travel, relocating where she wouldn't have a support structure, not enough salary for child care). She feels held back. Luke says to Lorelai, "What if we raise her/him?"

I wouldn't want Rory to just go, "Tralalala, see ya later!" But she could have some conflict over how she's being the exact opposite kind of mother as Lorelai. 

Another thing I wondered was if the "parents should be married!" stance would come into play again. If so, would it still be from Emily? Or has she mellowed and rejected societal bullshit to the point that she wouldn't care that Rory wasn't married to the father (much to Lorelai's aggravation - "Are you kidding me? You hounded me about Christopher my entire life!"). What if it was from Lorelai? Rory would consider her a hypocrite, but Lorelai would maintain that it's different because she was 16. They had their whole lives ahead of them, they'd be holding each other back, they'd end up despising each other for missing out on what could have been. Lorelai would argue that Rory and Logan are well established, they've been able to reach certain goals, they haven't been able to shake each other all these years so there must be something there, so just do the adult thing and get married.

• Love 3

It's easier to say things I don't want, than things I do want.

1. No more mirroring. It's a cheap, easy, hokey way of constructing a story.

2. No Rory/Jess hookups or romance. For heaven's sake, why must it always have to be the same characters in different permutations? Both of them deserve to widen their horizons for potential mates.

3. No excursions from other ASP projects. No Sutton Foster showcases, no ballerinas, and there are plenty of actors outside the realm of GG, Bunheads and Parenthood.

4. Quit with the borderline offensive language barrier subplot for Emily and Berta. In fact, I wouldn't miss it if Berta and her family didn't appear at all.

I can't say what I want WRT the pregnancy plotline, because IMO there are no good options. Rory keeping Logan in the dark is impossible. Logan being a provider of money but not much else is hardly satisfactory, yet Logan actively involved would also leave a sour taste and constant reminder that this is hurtful to his fiancee/wife. Logan breaking the engagement would be even more so. I so much hate that ASP created this situation that I almost wish she'd just leave the story right here.

• Love 10

The one thing I'm really worried about but convinced will happen if there is a second season is that Rory's book will be a best seller, AND it'll get a deal to big a motion picture film or TV show, because why not go even more meta with the book idea? And then we'll see probably Sutton Foster again to play Lorelai, and probably Mae Whitman or some Bunheads actress to play Rory (maybe even that chick who played Sandee because they'll retcon that her business got taken over by an even younger CEO and she wants to pursue acting and then we'll have to endure that Sandee Says drama again) and then it'll be filmed in Stars Hollow because why not? Which then, we'll see Kirk disastrously ruining the set somehow, Taylor being obnoxiously Taylor, and we'll probably endure 40 minutes of that kind of shennanigans and DP-esque spectacle to happen. 

Because, of course, Rory won't feel satisfied to follow the footsteps of Jess and she'll somehow need to become this very famous author in order to feel like she's succeeded, and all with a kid who probably goes back and forth between Stars Hollow and London as Logan/Rory continue to have their melodrama, with Jess unfortunately getting stuck in the middle of all of this shit. And this'll all happen, even if it doesn't make a lick of sense. 

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 7

Rory not telling the father will probably be a plot point at first but that is what happened with Luke so it's not going to be something accepted at the end of the day.

Lorelai has had a broken engagement to Max, Plus a break up with Fiance luke to sleeping with Christopher the same night who she eventually marries even though she stilled loves Luke. I just don't see it as a big deal if Logan and Rory end up together even with Logan being engaged to someone else right now. They could even go the Friends route with Logan getting married but accidently saying Rory. Not that I think or want that to be the way it goes, but this is tv. And I personally don't fret like I would if these were my family&friends. I love watching Logan and Rory together but Jess is the most popular ship from the original series. Though I rather Rory find herself a Luke who's not related to Luke. I actually thought that would be what the revival showed.  I didn't expect Paul to be a joke BF. 

I do think we will be getting some triangle element with Jess but I think it might be interesting to see it with Odette instead. I just don't want the melodrama of Matt against Milo. I hate it because I adore both actors. 

I rather Jess stays like family, for him to come in and direct Rory into the direction of a good decision. Though a lot less telling and a bit more motivational.

Rory's book will probably be just a semi-success until she sells the rights to tv. I want Hep Alien to do the theme song.       

And reading all this is the main reason I don't want more episodes. The show was always largely "Lorelai centric" for me and I just don't want to see a show where it's primarily Rory-centric. I love where Lorelai ended. I loved watching Emily adapt to change and move on. Rory is the only hiccup that needs fixing. And her mother storyline is more like a spin-off than a revival. 

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 5

Well, if the ASP path continues in Revival 2.0, Rory will continue her downward spiral. I envision the pregnancy being a false positive pregnancy test.

She writes her novel/memoir using an LDB metaphor and it becomes the next Wizard of Oz and wildly successful. She goes to California for the screenplay where she takes up with a now-divorced Doyle (remember his drunken kiss attempt? that's practically a date invitation for Rory; oops, a little too much snark).

Her relationship with Doyle destroys her friendship with Paris, who vows to exact revenge on any Rory-connected person she can think of. 

Time warps itself again, and because pretty much every pregnancy in GG is unplanned, Lorelai becomes pregnant, Luke gets his son, and Lane discovers the hidden musical talents in her kids and manages the Gerbich duo to indie pop success. 

• Love 1