Type keyword(s) to search

Soft Kitty

Here is a topic for soothing thoughts, funny memes, words of encouragement, happy messages, nice things! Like a soft kitty, a warm kitty, perhaps a little ball of fur as it were.

This thread is not for discussion of what is making us need the warm thoughts. It's just for warm thoughts.

• Love 10

Kitten Academy Live Stream:

I'd also like to recommend S1 of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend for Netflix bingeing. Hysterical and very well done. 

I mentioned it in the other thread, but if you're prone to depression (especially at this time of year) don't be too hard on yourself right now. If you need to take a break from the news, don't feel guilty. 

• Love 6

Here are the Instagram accounts I follow:

Paddington (Shar Pei from Australia; my unofficial spirit animal)

House Of Bulldogs (unruly and lazy dogs from Thailand)

Duncan the Wonder Dog (New York-based Shar Pei puppy)

Pugdashians (two old lady pugs and their tiny sister, whom I held a few months ago)

Lucy Wrinkles (Shar Pei/Bloodhound mix. Yes, that actually happened)

Poppy the Possum (rescue; my mother freezes up from the time our dog brought one home)

Sammo Hog (pet pig of Jessie Graff from American Ninja Warrior)

I also frequent the dog sites on Cheezburger, located here and here. Occasionally, this wrinkly dog-based Tumblr get new stuff.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, aradia22 said:

Oh my God, can I just say I love the name of this thread? I do not like BBT but someone once linked me to this song and I think it's adorable. 

Here's a pinterest board of cute animals. I don't know if you can see it if you're not signed up for pinterest but I think you can. 

https://www.pinterest.com/lapin20/cuteness/

I had no idea. We catch BBT once in a while but had not heard this.

IMG_0396.JPG

Sweet!

• Love 6

We're allowed to do funny and not just fuzzy, right? ;-)

I laughed and laughed at this guy being forced by his mom to go on a diet.

Full disclosure, I'm fat too, so I'm not fat shaming him. His reaction just cracked me up. (the more I watch it,I think it's just a guy doing comedy) but it made me guffaw, so that's what counts, right? ;-)

• Love 1

I'm always late to the party, but I just now discovered "Leverage".  It's a show about smart people who help good people and punish bad people with a mixture of smarts and sneakiness.  There are five seasons or so on Netflix and I am going to settle down for a nice long marathon.

• Love 6

Thank you to every single person who posted lovely funny sweet adorable things here, and in the old post-election-sympathy thread!

Sloths! Cats! Dogs! Squirrels! Kittens! Puppies! Penguins! Baby goats! Otters holding hands! OTTERS HOLDING HANDS!

Sigh.

I really needed every single morsel of adorableness. You are all awesome. (I may even emerge from my blanketfort at some point soon...)

• Love 12

I'm always late to the party, but I just now discovered "Leverage".  It's a show about smart people who help good people and punish bad people with a mixture of smarts and sneakiness.  There are five seasons or so on Netflix and I am going to settle down for a nice long marathon.

Leverage is one of my favorite shows. It's too bad it couldn't have run longer. I haven't been that inspired to watch the cast in their follow up projects though I know Aldis Hodge (Hardison) is doing well. I miss having a show with an adorable couple I could ship really hard. Or just something smart that was also light and fun. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is sort of that but it also deals with a lot of serious/real-world so it's not really the light and fluffy escapism I'm looking for.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, paramitch said:

Thank you to every single person who posted lovely funny sweet adorable things here, and in the old post-election-sympathy thread!

Sloths! Cats! Dogs! Squirrels! Kittens! Puppies! Penguins! Baby goats! Otters holding hands! OTTERS HOLDING HANDS!

Sigh.

I really needed every single morsel of adorableness. You are all awesome. (I may even emerge from my blanketfort at some point soon...)

Can't forget the bats!

giphy.gif

• Love 10

In the interest of self-care, I encourage everyone to take some time to work out today. Okay, I am mainly saying this because I started running again yesterday for the first time in forever, and I hate to suffer alone. It improved my mood, but good lord, are my shins mad at me today. The best part was that there was a young woman running in the opposite direction on the track around the park, pushing her baby in a jogging stroller with her dog running alongside and the third time we passed each other, the dog gave me the most pitiful "help me" look I've ever seen. I feel you, goggie. Here is what I imagine is happening in that person's house today:

• Love 7

He's not a soft kitty but sometimes I look up Henry Cavill on google images to make myself feel better about the world. I know he's not American but he has that reassuring Superman air about him. And it doesn't hurt that he's pretty. 

• Love 2

How do I insert a video into a post? I tried "Insert Other Media" using the Youtube URL but it didn't work. Forgive my lack of know how, I am old. (I like to invoke my favorite line from Crimes and Misdemeanors: I don't even know how the toaster works!)

• Love 1