Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E18: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

On Monday, November 14, 2016 at 10:31 AM, ghoulina said:

I think it was the things said behind her back COUPLED with them not attempting to contact her or Joe even once during her stint in prison, and add on that they coincidentally want to make up right when filming starts. I imagine it felt very disingenuous to her, so didn't want to even entertain the idea. I think it's different with family, because you hold them to a higher standard

Didn't we see Joe and Rosie hang out on the Teresa Prison Special though? I feel like they did have a close relationship.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Wow- a reunion show that doesn't even make it to page 2 of posts. Bravo can definitely stick a fork in this one.

I just had the same thought. This franchise is permanently broken and unfixable. They should just cancel it. I think their mistake was casting family members.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I just had the same thought. This franchise is permanently broken and unfixable. They should just cancel it. I think their mistake was casting family members.

It started as a family dynasty and now the dynamic has changed.  Joe Gorga playing the dual role of BROTHER/husband is not going to work-he is a mental m*****. 

This may be the beginning of the end of the RH-a bunch of broke disconnected women just doesn't work.  Once their livelihoods depend solely on the show they will do anything for money and it no longer makes sense to the audience.

They also need a new moderator for the Reunions.  Andy just doesn't care anymore. 

• Love 7

Bravo can definitely stick a fork in this one.

I wonder if adding Danielle is some type of Hail Mary move by Andy. This way the show can have some new/old drama with Danielle vs Jacqueline, Danielle vs Theresa & Melissa...or even Danielle teaming up with one side versus the other. Who knows.

I like Dolores, and if she does come back, I think she might work better as a "Friend of" instead of a full on HW.

Siggy is probably a nice person outside of the show, but I'd be ok if she didn't return next season.

a bunch of broke disconnected women just doesn't work

They do need a new HW or 2 with some real bank accounts.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Didn't we see Joe and Rosie hang out on the Teresa Prison Special though? I feel like they did have a close relationship.

I thought they did too. But didn't Tre say something about Rosie not really being there for Joe? Perhaps, like Kathy, she only showed up for the cameras? I'd like to think their friendship was more genuine than that, but who knows. Joe seemed very icy towards Rosie at the bookstore, and it's not like him to act like that without reason. 

16 hours ago, AndySmith said:

I like Dolores, and if she does come back, I think she might work better as a "Friend of" instead of a full on HW.

Dolores is a good addition because she is able to be friends with all the women without getting sucked into their drama. And I like her family dynamic as well. 

• Love 4

My viewing started by watching the Real Housewives in a reverse fashion,  years back I became fascinated with the Real Housewives of New Jersey reunions, it was only after watching those that I started to watch the series.

I came in when the cast was Teresa, Melissa, Caroline, Kathy, Jacqueline and I could be missing someone, but those are the ones that stand out to me... while the drama was high, it was entertaining to watch.

More than likely I'm in the minority, but I feel like the show suffered after the cast was changed up, as well as Tre's pending Jail time and that abysmal substitute cast that made for horrible television.

I feel like most women that know Tre are intimidated by her, therefore they either roll over and take her ish or they stand up to her and are made out to be Liars, Backstabbers, Strippers, or Whores. 

Dolores is Switzerland, she wants to be friends with everyone and I like her, but the question is will that continue to work for a franchise that is based on pettiness and hysterics? 

The Sigmeister... I'm on the fence, I like her when she's with Dolores, they are fun to watch... but no more trying to mend fences with friends, because in the end you'll get burned. 

Jacqueline isn't able to let go and knows this is the end of the road.  She has a passive aggressive way of expressing herself... I know someone like this,   I bet we all know someone like this, that person that every time they open their mouth you want to slap your hand over their mouth before they make a situation worse.

I liked seeing Melissa and Tre getting along, is it real?   I would like to think so, but with this franchise, who knows.

In the minority, but I actually liked Caroline on the show. (ducking out)

Oh forgot to add,  did you like how Tre tried to throw Dolores under the bus when she said that Dolores used to hate Jacqueline. nice friend you got there , loved how Dolores handled that. 

Edited by RachelRhae73
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I thought they did too. But didn't Tre say something about Rosie not really being there for Joe? Perhaps, like Kathy, she only showed up for the cameras? I'd like to think their friendship was more genuine than that, but who knows. Joe seemed very icy towards Rosie at the bookstore, and it's not like him to act like that without reason. 

Dolores is a good addition because she is able to be friends with all the women without getting sucked into their drama. And I like her family dynamic as well. 

To me, the dynamic driving the no Rosie/Kathy situation was Teresa's dad hate towards them.  In Rosie's defense she does have a fulltime job and from the brief bit we saw while Teresa was away, he seemed to talk about relying on his family.  Obviously Melissa and Joe fell in line as well, and their blaming the others for staying out of touch and being it for the fame was disingenuous.  Teresa didn't even speak to Rosie or Kathy all that much since her indictment and guilty plea.  I thought not such a great listener Siggy, when they showed the clip of Teresa aunt being asked how she felt about Teresa and Joe's guilty plea, was absurd.  My aunt would never think I was guilty.  The woman had just been asked how she felt about their guilty plea. Duh. It wasn't a question of guilt or innocence.

I thought they should have started the season differently, introducing the new women, seeing them with Jacqueline. Melissa and build to Teresa's release.  Let her have her family time and after the beginning of the year start the process.  The starting point of Teresa getting out of prison was too Teresa-centric.  It felt all year like people had to suck up to the con instead of the con desiring to rekindle friendships.  I am one who just finds people going to prison and maintaining luxury lifestyles not relatable.   

Delores and Siggy were good additions and they should have kept the twin Theresa and her husband.  bringing back Danielle-Teresa needs a new target and soldier to carry her war out on Jacqueline.  Teresa saying she never wanted Danielle off the show is laughable.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

To me, the dynamic driving the no Rosie/Kathy situation was Teresa's dad hate towards them.  In Rosie's defense she does have a fulltime job and from the brief bit we saw while Teresa was away, he seemed to talk about relying on his family.  Obviously Melissa and Joe fell in line as well, and their blaming the others for staying out of touch and being it for the fame was disingenuous.  Teresa didn't even speak to Rosie or Kathy all that much since her indictment and guilty plea.  I thought not such a great listener Siggy, when they showed the clip of Teresa aunt being asked how she felt about Teresa and Joe's guilty plea, was absurd.  My aunt would never think I was guilty.  The woman had just been asked how she felt about their guilty plea. Duh. It wasn't a question of guilt or innocence.

I thought they should have started the season differently, introducing the new women, seeing them with Jacqueline. Melissa and build to Teresa's release.  Let her have her family time and after the beginning of the year start the process.  The starting point of Teresa getting out of prison was too Teresa-centric.  It felt all year like people had to suck up to the con instead of the con desiring to rekindle friendships.  I am one who just finds people going to prison and maintaining luxury lifestyles not relatable.   

Delores and Siggy were good additions and they should have kept the twin Theresa and her husband.  bringing back Danielle-Teresa needs a new target and soldier to carry her war out on Jacqueline.  Teresa saying she never wanted Danielle off the show is laughable.

Melissa and Joe falling in line didn't obligate them to step away from the others. If Jacqueline hadn't personally attacked Melissa in Vermont, they could have kept their friendship. Joe welcomed both Jacq and Chris after Vermont, but Jacq wavered and Chris became Jacq's "soldier" at all costs. Although Joe had to yell at that slime Wakile at their last visit, the impression has always been that the Gorgas socialize with everyone. Just keep the Teresa bashing out of the conversation. 

• Love 7
23 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

Melissa and Joe falling in line didn't obligate them to step away from the others. If Jacqueline hadn't personally attacked Melissa in Vermont, they could have kept their friendship. Joe welcomed both Jacq and Chris after Vermont, but Jacq wavered and Chris became Jacq's "soldier" at all costs. Although Joe had to yell at that slime Wakile at their last visit, the impression has always been that the Gorgas socialize with everyone. Just keep the Teresa bashing out of the conversation. 

Teresa blog came up right after you responded.  Teresa is very clear she does not anyone she is friends with to associate with anyone was is negative towards her.  Chris should be his wife's soldier, at all costs.  He has a much higher duty to the mother of his children and wife than he does low rent people like the Giudices and Gorgas who use and abuse friendships left and right.  Teresa speaks of Danielle-how convenient she left out their two years of history on the show-but Jacqueline is the chess player? 

I am never stunned by Teresa's sense of entitlement and idea of loyalty she is owed by others without reciprocation.  She is now damning Chris who knew someone who knew Joe's partner and passed on to Joe that he needed to work things out because Joe's partner was making noise about going to the Feds.  That was a betrayal of some sort and Chris, if he were a good friend would not associate with someone who disliked the Giudices-or in this case with someone who knew someone (Joe's partner) who was at odds with the Giudices?  What about Kim D., who despises her sister in law?  The same Teresa who throws down in the Laurita/Manzo family matters and then slams them for doing the same. 

The word hypocrite gets lost in this group of people, but there is certainly evidence of great inconsistencies and entitlement and expectations of loyalty where none is indicated.

I looked up the ratings for RHONJ http://allthingsrh.com/rhonj-ratings/ the highest ratings occurred when Caroline was part of the picture.  The decline began when it became kiss the ass of Teresa Giudice.  It is not believable to watch a season of Zen Teresa then watch her go off the rails during the Reunion.  Teresa lot in life is because she is just basically a selfish, self-centered person who makes incredible demands on family and friends. 

• Love 6
On 11/17/2016 at 8:25 AM, zoeysmom said:

Ditto

7 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Teresa blog came up right after you responded.  Teresa is very clear she does not anyone she is friends with to associate with anyone was is negative towards her.  Chris should be his wife's soldier, at all costs.  He has a much higher duty to the mother of his children and wife than he does low rent people like the Giudices and Gorgas who use and abuse friendships left and right.  Teresa speaks of Danielle-how convenient she left out their two years of history on the show-but Jacqueline is the chess player? 

I am never stunned by Teresa's sense of entitlement and idea of loyalty she is owed by others without reciprocation.  She is now damning Chris who knew someone who knew Joe's partner and passed on to Joe that he needed to work things out because Joe's partner was making noise about going to the Feds.  That was a betrayal of some sort and Chris, if he were a good friend would not associate with someone who disliked the Giudices-or in this case with someone who knew someone (Joe's partner) who was at odds with the Giudices?  What about Kim D., who despises her sister in law?  The same Teresa who throws down in the Laurita/Manzo family matters and then slams them for doing the same. 

The word hypocrite gets lost in this group of people, but there is certainly evidence of great inconsistencies and entitlement and expectations of loyalty where none is indicated.

I looked up the ratings for RHONJ http://allthingsrh.com/rhonj-ratings/ the highest ratings occurred when Caroline was part of the picture.  The decline began when it became kiss the ass of Teresa Giudice.  It is not believable to watch a season of Zen Teresa then watch her go off the rails during the Reunion.  Teresa lot in life is because she is just basically a selfish, self-centered person who makes incredible demands on family and friends. 

I'm not seeing this. Both Siggy and Dolores are friends with Jacqueline. Teresa hasn't given them an ultimatum. 

Chris has a higher duty to his wife, but her behavior is off the charts and needs to be addressed. She sat on some broad's lap and dared her to beat her. The way she lit into Melissa, started swearing in a public restaurant and stormed off is pretty low rent in itself. She let her good friend Dolores have it pretty good also. 

It kills me how Siggy treats Jacqueline like some special needs brat to whom everyone must defer. She tells everyone that Jacq being "hurt" is an excuse for every foul thing she does. She says Jacq is not accountable because she "loves" everyone. I just want her to shut up and let Jacq love/abuse her 24/7.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

I'm not seeing this. Both Siggy and Dolores are friends with Jacqueline. Teresa hasn't given them an ultimatum. 

Chris has a higher duty to his wife, but her behavior is off the charts and needs to be addressed. She sat on some broad's lap and dared her to beat her. The way she lit into Melissa, started swearing in a public restaurant and stormed off is pretty low rent in itself. She let her good friend Dolores have it pretty good also. 

It kills me how Siggy treats Jacqueline like some special needs brat to whom everyone must defer. She tells everyone that Jacq being "hurt" is an excuse for every foul thing she does. She says Jacq is not accountable because she "loves" everyone. I just want her to shut up and let Jacq love/abuse her 24/7.

Teresa is rubbing it in that she, Siggy and Delores had a swell trip to Florida together.  No Jac needed.  So whether or not Teresa demands the loyalty she has a way of twisting the knife.  It doesn't have to be an ultimatum just invites with Jac excluded. 

I don't doubt that Chris has "words" with Jac, but he has enough sense to do it off camera. 

My guess is Siggy sees a bit of the back and forth with the feuding sides.  I do think they need to stop the Teresa/Jac love crap.  That ship sailed, they became friends as a result of the show and that was pretty short lived about three or four years.  it is an ensemble cast and they need to work together-the worshipping at Teresa's feet isn't working anymore than placating the loon in Jacqueline. 

None of these people are terribly witty.  What keeps BH moving is they take trips-this franchise needs to get out of town more often.  No more lunch with security guards.  I don't think viewership will increase with week after week one on one with Teresa and Melissa and of course Teresa's brother. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I do think they need to stop the Teresa/Jac love crap.  That ship sailed, they became friends as a result of the show and that was pretty short lived about three or four years.

I thought they were friends well before the show came around?

• Love 3
On November 14, 2016 at 0:01 AM, breezy424 said:

Tre is a piece of work.  She has to be pushed into the corner with no escape to admit she can be wrong.  It's all about her.  She is the poster child of victim hood.  I wonder what she's going to do when her 15 minutes are up?  It's going to come sooner than she thinks.  This franchise is dying.  How many books are left to be done.  Tre is going to be driving a Ford sooner than she thinks.  And she maybe driving it in Italy.

I think Tre is a nasty piece of crap.  She thinks someone "ratted" her out to the Feds?  She's dumber than a pile of rocks.  

If a person comes on a reality TV show, goes shopping for her kids and pulls out a wad of cash to pay, you're damn right the feds are going to wonder, especially when your husband's source of income is questionable.  

The entire franchise is disgusting.  Chris was correct when he told Jac that Tre and Melissa are family and they will make Jac the odd man out, which is what they did.  I still remember when Danielle Staub was on the show and she spilled the beans to Andy Cohen that Tre didn't get along with Melissa and BAM the next season Melissa was on the show and it started out with that all out brawl at the Christening of Melissa's son.  That's when I stopped watching the show, it's bad enough when two women get into a fight, but that mess at the Christening was an all out brawl, it looked like the entire room was fighting.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I thought they were friends well before the show came around?

According to Dina-Teresa was her friend who came on the show as a side kick. Jac and tre's friendship developed on the show.  So their alleged friendship evolved between 2009 and  by 2011 was pretty much kaput.  They have known each other for years.  Dina said all the initial relationships except Danielle revolved around her. 

2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I think Tre is a nasty piece of crap.  She thinks someone "ratted" her out to the Feds?  She's dumber than a pile of rocks.  

If a person comes on a reality TV show, goes shopping for her kids and pulls out a wad of cash to pay, you're damn right the feds are going to wonder, especially when your husband's source of income is questionable.  

The entire franchise is disgusting.  Chris was correct when he told Jac that Tre and Melissa are family and they will make Jac the odd man out, which is what they did.  I still remember when Danielle Staub was on the show and she spilled the beans to Andy Cohen that Tre didn't get along with Melissa and BAM the next season Melissa was on the show and it started out with that all out brawl at the Christening of Melissa's son.  That's when I stopped watching the show, it's bad enough when two women get into a fight, but that mess at the Christening was an all out brawl, it looked like the entire room was fighting.  

I agree.  When the Bravo powers that be ran and ran hard with the Teresa flipping the table, ignored her BK until they couldn't and put her in the driver's seat they destroyed some if not all of the credibility.  I personally never saw the difference between Teresa tearing through a country club and her family's behavior at a Christening.  There is something a bit Neanderthal about the whole family.  

• Love 6

Friends, even former friends, don't do crap like that. 

They also don't suggest that it's karma that one's child is autistic. Jac is very forgiving, because Ape would've been dead to me after that gutter comment.

The Wakile/whatever family were gathered around the family table with more crew members hanging over them than there were family members at that table.  Asking the question was a vicious thing to do.  Answering it the way she did was worse.

Eh, Teresa has said plenty of shitty things about her family in front of the same camera crew. Imo, Mrs. P's comment was cupcake compared to Teresa saying that Mrs. P's deceased husband wasn't a real father to their children.

She thinks someone "ratted" her out to the Feds?

More like somebodies; so far, Teresa has blamed her legal troubles/prison time on the show, her brother and his wife, her lawyers, and now, the Lauritas and Caroline. How anybody can believe or support anything that comes out of her piehole is beyond me.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 4

Here is the Jac story:  http://www.realmrhousewife.com/2016/11/21/jacqueline-laurita-siggy-flicker-not-speaking-jacqueline-breaks-silence-exclusive/

I do think there is truth in the fact Siggy was out for Siggy.  I like her on the show but she is not terribly authentic.  She is fun becaue she can be over the top, but she needs to just be her and stay out of the previous seasons' battles. 

At this point it is up to these ladies to pull it together if they want a  next season.  Not one of them is interesting enough to carry the show and if any of them think by carrying Teresa's purse they have a safe spot they are wrong. 

This rally around Teresa stuff makes me think the show is headed back to what Dina envisioned the first season "Jersey Girls".  Watching Melissa, Tre, Delores and Siggy go to a variety of spas and having their kids smart off and wait for Teresa to have a book launch. 

• Love 1

I can't stand Jac, but I totally feel her about Siggy making EVERYTHING about her, and not being a very good friend. She's the same way with her mom. Her mother's selflessness makes HER feel bad - never mind how much your mother has given up. Ugh, she annoys. 

• Love 3

Oh, Andy. It's time to pull the plug, say thanks to everyone and shut this down. It's so down and dirty and nasty. Who in the world would want to watch people being so unkind, so hateful, so snotty and so low class? No one in my entire life has ever behaved like these women have. And if I'd been there when they did--I'd leave.  Never would see them or have contact with them again. This is not a snotty question. I'm really curious to ask people from other parts of the country if they know people like these women who shout, curse and purposely hurt other people. I'm from a career Army family and from the South, FYI. Thanks for any replies and your experinces.

20 minutes ago, BravoAddict72 said:

I don't get the hate for Tre's aunt. IMO, what she said was not bad. It is the truth. If you are not doing anything wrong then you won't get caught. How is that not being loyal?

Boston Italian girl here.  The aunt spoke the truth...but...it's kind of like, if you have love for someone, you don't say that...or you soften the blow...like "oh the whole situation is just really tough" or something like that.  No snark. Kind of weird/hard to explain, I've never really thought about that before.  There are some relatives I'd say that about, and some I just wouldn't.

• Love 7

Teresa Giudice may be an awful person, and normally I hate when one housewife on a franchise get too much power because it throws the whole dynamic out of whack, but I have a certain weird glee about the fact that she banned the Wakiles from the reunion. 

• Love 9

The "ratting out" hypothesis is even more cognitive dissonance on Tre's part as it implies there was a crime to be exposed despite her continued insistence this was all just a big misunderstanding. I guess I am still a little shocked that she still insists all 41 counts of fraud stemmed from a paperwork error. I think she must have it in her contract that no one mentions her going to multiple lenders where she verbally and in detail described the fraudulent jobs her fake W2s claimed she was working. Where she had to check a million "under penalty of perjury this information is accurate to the best of my knowledge" boxes.

IMO she should have said she wanted to attain a certain lifestyle for her family and due to social pressure and the misguided notion it was for the best made a huge mistake for which she is remorseful. She's not remorseful, of course, but the aw shucks attitude is so blantantly insane. Gia is the only one whose made any sense about the whole ordeal.

• Love 5
On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 11:18 AM, BravoAddict72 said:

I don't get the hate for Tre's aunt. IMO, what she said was not bad. It is the truth. If you are not doing anything wrong then you won't get caught. How is that not being loyal?

I don't think it's hate for the aunt but it's the fact that she said what she said on national TV. Fishlips Wakile set her up by asking her " What do you think about Theresa's mess?" Aunty truthfully said what she felt but she could have just said "It's family, it's hard to see and I'm praying for her." I don't think Theresa would have had an issue with a statement similar to that (maybe she would have).

Kathy and Ritchy set their mother up for a TV scene and deserve Theresa's anger. For all their talk of wanting a reconciliation it should have never been brought up or if they had to say something for the cameras they should have been more careful with their words if they serious about healing their family.

• Love 8
On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 2:04 PM, Giselle said:

I don't think it's hate for the aunt but it's the fact that she said what she said on national TV. Fishlips Wakile set her up by asking her " What do you think about Theresa's mess?" Aunty truthfully said what she felt but she could have just said "It's family, it's hard to see and I'm praying for her." I don't think Theresa would have had an issue with a statement similar to that (maybe she would have).

Kathy and Ritchy set their mother up for a TV scene and deserve Theresa's anger. For all their talk of wanting a reconciliation it should have never been brought up or if they had to say something for the cameras they should have been more careful with their words if they serious about healing their family.

I see it this way-the question was framed about her pleading guilty-the aunt said nothing wrong.  She has her family to think of and her integrity. In Andy's new book he claims Joe has no remorse other than being caught and thought there should be a cable TV station devoted to him watching the girls.

Really hard to work up any tears for these oh so entitled people. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I see it this way-the question was framed about her pleading guilty-the aunt said nothing wrong.  She has her family to think of and her integrity. In Andy's new book he claims Joe has no remorse other than being caught and thought there should be a cable TV station devoted to him watching the girls.

Really hard to work up any tears for these oh so entitled people. 

I have no tears for any of them.

The aunt said nothing wrong and spoke her truth, but she didn't need to be put on the spot just for a "friend of housewife" family reaction clip. I put that blame on Kathy and Rich. They weren't a major part of the season and if they were so concerned about healing a rift in the family that they go on and on about ad nauseam they could have and should have been more careful with their questions and answers.

Having said that Theresa should put her ire where it should be properly placed on Ritchie who asked the question on camera.

• Love 3