Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E19: Lord of the Cougars

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Kendall suffers from sleep paralysis; Kim searches for methods to control her anxiety; Scott develops an unlikely friendship.

Why would Kim have anxiety?

Is there anyone in this family who isn't OCD, "anxious" " uncomfortable in their skin" or just plain fucked up? 

• Love 5
On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 1:58 PM, OnceSane said:

Kendall suffers from sleep paralysis; Kim searches for methods to control her anxiety; Scott develops an unlikely friendship.

Isn't sleep paralysis something that happens to everyone every now and then when you're half awake half asleep?  I swear these dolts blow the stupidest crap out of proportion for a storyline and then hide all of the real storylines in the crawl space. 

"Scott develops an unlikely friendship."  With the children he's supposed to be spending time with?

• Love 7
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

On a pillow stuffed with cash.

Kim should have put her ring in her pillow.

2 hours ago, GaT said:

Personally, if I woke up unable to move, I would be panicking too.  

She's been to doctors and they told her that it's not dangerous or life threatening . I'm sure it's scary the first bunch of times it happens,  but I've read it only lasts acfew seconds and then you're fine. It's her attitude about it that bugs me. What does she expect her mom to do? This is the life she wanted so badly. It's busy and there's lots of traveling and LOTS OF MONEY. And for all her protests about the paparazzi and her day getting ruined by them, no sympathy here. She's out and dressed to be noticed with her group of equally attention getting friends. Dont walk around practically screaming "Look at meeee!" and them complain when they do. 

If she needs less stress in her life, cut back on her bookings. Take a few months off. Or shut up and deal. 

• Love 17

What's with everyone getting the same birthday cake? The big white one with the fancy frosting, they had it at Scott's birthday, MJs and a couple others, different restaurants too. Do they bring it with them?

• Love 2

Whoa! Could Kris be any less sympathetic to Kendall and her ailment? It may not be life threatening but have some sympathy. If it were Kim and she had a hangnail the world would come screeching to a halt. Kendall gets a " well, you've got jobs booked, what can you do"

Kendall herself needs to grow up too. You chose the life. You made your fortune, if you want out,  get out. Or slow down the bookings and take time off. Maybe go to school? If you have to check yourself into the hospital for "rest" , that's a sign that you are doing too much.  

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Or slow down the bookings and take time off. Maybe go to school? If you have to check yourself into the hospital for "rest" , that's a sign that you are doing too much.  

Her modeling career will be over by the time she's 25.  If she takes a break now, she's done. 

• Love 1

Kendall and Kim's anxieties were cured tonight! Yay. I mean.. look I feel bad saying that cause anxiety is indeed awful and yes speaking from experience but really.. I mean maybe Kendall dose get anxious about planes that's normal but I can't buy that Kim drives around in her car and thinks about they incident about someone throwing a rock into her car. I just can't. Maybe now in present time Kim does feel anxious which yes of course she does but when this episode filmed eh? I'm also not clear on what the issue with Kendall's sleep was. This storyline was worse than her missing grilled cheese.

This seems like it was a storyline for Kendall to share with another sister, probably Kylie but Kylie's off making lip kits or something and has been since the start of this season so Kim was there by default.

I feel like all these people know Scott is the most fun so now they are just looking for ways to incorporate him into their storyline. This week it was "Scott hangs out with Kris & her friends"

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 3

How is this show still on the air ? Scott hanging with Pimp Momma et al

zzzz zzzz so boring . These people make millions being boring assholes

Ive always thought Kendall seemed the most normal of all the K clan 

• Love 1

I didnt believe anything about Kim having anxiety but I do believe Kendall has a problem especially since Kendall was once hospitalized for exhaustion.

21 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I'm also not clear on what the issue with Kendall's sleep was. This storyline was worse than her missing grilled cheese.

Sleep paralasys.. And if that's really what she has its actually pretty serious and SCARY. A co-worker at my old job had it and that was the first I ever heard of it. Your eyes and ears are awake but your actual body locks up and you can't move -like you are physically in a deep sleep but can still hear and see. The woman I know got to the point she was drinking energy drinks to avoid sleep. IIRC she had to go to a sleep clinic for help with it.

• Love 2
On 4 November, 2016 at 8:53 AM, Maire said:

This episode was so preposterous and set up I couldn't even finish it. So now Scott just lurks around Kim's house waiting for the cameras to show up?

Also, Kim does not have anxiety. They had her say it for the show, but she's such a bad actress, she couldn't even pretend to look uneasy while driving the therapist around. Then she was too stupid to lie, because when the therapist asked how she was feeling, Kim said she felt fine.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

I didnt believe anything about Kim having anxiety but I do believe Kendall has a problem especially since Kendall was once hospitalized for exhaustion.

Sleep paralasys.. And if that's really what she has its actually pretty serious and SCARY. A co-worker at my old job had it and that was the first I ever heard of it. Your eyes and ears are awake but your actual body locks up and you can't move -like you are physically in a deep sleep but can still hear and see. The woman I know got to the point she was drinking energy drinks to avoid sleep. IIRC she had to go to a sleep clinic for help with it.

Oh. I had never heard of it before and she didn't explain it like that in this episode. I do believe Kendall has some real anxiety. But this episode wasn't a good way to explain it. Especially since by the end of the episode they acted like she was fine.

It probably had more to do with the show adding Kim into all of it because I honestly don't believe Kim has bad thoughts while driving. I loved when Kim and the therapist person were going off to cute Kim's fears and Kendall was like "bye!" it made me laugh a little as I felt Kendall wasn't playing the storyline game. Like Brody did on that vacation when Kendall and Kylie ran off and everyone went to chase them and Brody was all "in eating breakfast "

• Love 2

Kim has been make up free or less makeup in a few scenes , she looked pretty . Liked her without all that makeup piled on.

Tried counting how many times Kim says ' Like ' in a sentence . I almost lose track of what she's talking about because she says it SO many times ..... It's almost every other word . North & Saint will prolly pick up that horrible habit . 

Edited by DNR
Ninja edit
1 hour ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Kendall and Kim's anxieties were cured tonight!

It's a miracle! Seriously, a little sisterly bonding & people who come to your house & everybody is all better, puhlease

Why was Kourtney bugging so much about Scott hanging with her mom? It's a little weird, but so what?

Was Kim taking photos with her phone of the photos in the photo album?

• Love 2

To be fair of Kim taking pictures from a photo album on her phone, I do this sometimes for an Instagram throwback. I can't help it.

And also yes I second being able to have people come to your house to help you is a plus. Kourtney and Scott have done this too. And like I said I believe Kendall may have real issues going on, but this episode was a bad way to show it. Why did they feel the need to tack Kim onto it? Kim's anxious about driving? But then she talks to someone and drives with them for a few minutes and then sees pictures of her dad doing fun adventurous things and she's like "I've gotta live my life to the fullest"? I did love her "Kendall is still very anxious" line to the therapist.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 1

Kim - "So, I, like, am afraid of driving, because I, like, feel like I'm going to, like, drive in the wrong lane or something."

"Therapist" - "Well, you can't, like, live in fear of what might, like, happen.  You have to, like, re-set your mind and live life to the, like, fullest."

Kim - "Totally."

And Kim is, like, cured!!

I think that the entire Kim anxiety story line and her living life to the fullest spiel is just foreshadowing for next season, which will be constructed around the robbery and aftermath.  Kendall's storyline, while possibly true, was just to get her some tv time to fulfill the contract with her mother.

Scott showing up to all of Kris's social engagements smacks of Kris's desperate attempt to keep this show on the air.  She is clearly aware that Scott is the most compelling member of the family, in that he has an actual personality, unlike any of Kris's spawn.  So the more Scott the better, even if it means putting him in the most unbelievable, stupid and awkward scenes possible.  Because sure, if I am Kris, I am going to invite my not-really-son-in-law to my social gatherings with friends under the guise that he's just so much fun.  Why, then, was it necessary to drag out the Lord crap in the last episode because Scott was too boring?

I realize that I am trying to assign normal emotions and scenarios to a group of people who are so far beyond normal, they might as well be on another planet.  I know better.

Were it not for Kim's robbery, I believe this show would be ending after this season.  Convenient timing?  Coincidence?  Who knows.

• Love 5

Kris looked ridiculous in that get up at lunch. The hat? The red lips? And Kyle Richards? Was she trying to pretend not to be herself?

Kim never even drives without her phone in her hand, she barely pays attention to the road. 

Why does she need a month and half to recuperate from the robbery. An hour with Michelle should do it. 

Same with Kendall's miracle cure. 

• Love 4

Kendall being fine after one meditation shows her scenes were just because she needed something to be taped so they chose a plot based on her never being around. 

How unsympathetic Kris was to Kendall was hilarious, no wonder Kendall prefers Cait.

Khloe had the right idea about Kourt being a hater. Liked Khloe pointing out to Scott that the cougars are better than his previous crew he hung out with that were bad for him. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

Kim never even drives without her phone in her hand, she barely pays attention to the road. 

Was Khloe driving with her feet in the opening segment?  As soon as Kourtney said, "Selfie!", Khloe took both hands off the wheel and leaned in to get in the picture.  While driving.  Probably on the highway.

Idiots.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, laurakaye said:

Was Khloe driving with her feet in the opening segment?  As soon as Kourtney said, "Selfie!", Khloe took both hands off the wheel and leaned in to get in the picture.  While driving.  Probably on the highway.

Idiots.

all the other drivers should have anxiety with them on the road!!!

• Love 3

Then again, talking about their dad is the closest any of them seems to normal.

And because it does, I find it tremendously exploitative of him. I also see it as a deliberate move by Kris to try and erase or make less of the time she and Caitlyn were together. There is so little mention of Caitlyn in this last couple seasons except as the catalyst to piss Kris off at Kim.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Except when Kris said that their dad would be so proud of them.  I have my doubts.

I so agree, I think he'd be mortified. Especially at Khloe.

Loved Kris calling Scott to yell at him for "flaking". Yet her son's done it for years and she makes excuses for him. Even in her talking head about his failure to appear for MJ's party, she said something like "even though Rob wasn't able to make it down for the party". 'Wasn't able"? The douche went to Vegas instead.

• Love 1

Do these people ever drive themselves anywhere?  The few times they do, they seem to get into accidents. During their "driving" scenes for the show I'm pretty confident the car is being towed, or is sitting still on a back lot and the blurry passing of cars / trees through the windows is edited in post production.

Kendall's storylines are a compromise so she can fulfill her contractual obligation to appear on the show, without divulging her private life (good for her).  I don't doubt that they ALL deal with anxiety and a host of psychiatric disorders but Kendall probably has the least stress because she spends the least time around her family, not very active on social media, and hasn't yet joined the cult of frequent and ridiculous plastic surgery.  She's not flying all over the world by herself.  She's under Elite modeling agency management so why are they acting like Kris is solely responsible for Kendall's workload?

• Love 2

She's under Elite modeling agency management so why are they acting like Kris is solely responsible for Kendall's workload?

Kris probably wants to act for the show like she's bigtime Momager,  got control or involved, when really she has no control of Kendall and she's got a real manager.

Surprised Kim (really Kanye) still allows Kris to manager actually.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Do these people ever drive themselves anywhere?  The few times they do, they seem to get into accidents. During their "driving" scenes for the show I'm pretty confident the car is being towed, or is sitting still on a back lot and the blurry passing of cars / trees through the windows is edited in post production.

Kendall's storylines are a compromise so she can fulfill her contractual obligation to appear on the show, without divulging her private life (good for her).  I don't doubt that they ALL deal with anxiety and a host of psychiatric disorders but Kendall probably has the least stress because she spends the least time around her family, not very active on social media, and hasn't yet joined the cult of frequent and ridiculous plastic surgery.  She's not flying all over the world by herself.  She's under Elite modeling agency management so why are they acting like Kris is solely responsible for Kendall's workload?

She seems to post quite a bit on SM, and have you seen her birthday photos? Something bad has been done to her face.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

She seems to post quite a bit on SM, and have you seen her birthday photos? Something bad has been done to her face.

She's trying to look Kardashian instead  of Jenner.

Those pants she wore to meditate made her look like she had a sock in her pants.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

She's under Elite modeling agency management so why are they acting like Kris is solely responsible for Kendall's workload?

Probably because Elite wouldn't have given her a second glance if it weren't for Kris, resulting in the workload.

• Love 4

Kourtney, Kim, Khloe, Rob, Kendall and Kylie each need their own therapist and they should be meeting with them at least twice a week - especially Kendall and Kylie.  They have been exploited (whored out?) by their mother since they were children. 

• Love 1

FWIW I didnt really think they made it like Kendall was cured but rather that the meditation turned out to be a way for her to cope with the anxiety attacks. Meditating does actually help in that case. But anxiety attacks and the sleep issue are two different thing.  If she truly has sleep paralysis and was diagnosed with that then meditation and that alone isnt going to cure that. If that is what she has I wish they explored it in a more realistic way instead of bringing Kim into the story.

• Love 1

I think they had to drag Kim into Kendalls scenes cus Kendall on screen alone would cause anyone to drop into sleep paralysis. OMG I cannot get over how dim and uneducated and inarticulate Kris Jenner spawn all are!!

Kendall can't quit modeling..WTF will she do??

Go work as a teacher? Architect? Translator? Frygirl @McDonald's?

What would any of them do? 

Do they still have the stores?

Why don't these people believe in education?

Rant over.

• Love 6

Just stay awake in the plane. It's not that hard. 

Sadly, I think that, much like Rob, Kendall feels left out and overlooked by her mother. Kris loves to brag about her and take credit for her beautiful and talented and SUCCESSFUL daughter,  but Kendall's management team controls Kendall and gets the % from her earnings. Kris cannot book any jobs that are in conflict with or that aren't okayed by her team. She knows Kendall's itinerary because it's her daughter and  she probably uses it to keep track of and know when she'll be in town or doing something Kris wants to horn in on.

Kendall has in the past complained that she's been in town and no ones contacted her to join them in their hijinks. So, IMO, this probably a fear/anxiety about  flying that she's using to get mom's attention. The kids all complain that Kris's 1st priority is and has always been Kim with Kylie moving up to almost neck and neck. Rob and Khloe  complained for years, Kourtney too till the kids took up most of her time. 

Getting Mom to drop everything and fly to the rescue, is incredibly needy and manipulative. She's got plenty of model buddies she could have called. But she wants proof that mommy still loves her.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Kendall needs to be careful. Top modeling agencies don't like that plastic face look, just as they don't like big fake tits and asses. That look doesn't fly on the runway. 

Enough with Scott. Hanging around with a bunch of 60 something's. It's pathetic and it's making him look not so cute or funny anymore. Keep flipping houses, Scott. You don't need this manufactured bullshit from Kris. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, MarysWetBar said:

I think they had to drag Kim into Kendalls scenes cus Kendall on screen alone would cause anyone to drop into sleep paralysis. OMG I cannot get over how dim and uneducated and inarticulate Kris Jenner spawn all are!!

Kendall can't quit modeling..WTF will she do??

Go work as a teacher? Architect? Translator? Frygirl @McDonald's?

What would any of them do? 

Do they still have the stores?

Why don't these people believe in education?

Rant over.

It seems they used to, when Robert Sr. was alive. Both Kourtney and Rob have real undergraduate degrees. Unfortunately, since his death they have all seemed to follow Kimmy's fameWHORE example. The poor youngest two had no chance.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Ina123 said:

I think Kendall is a doppleganger for Angie Harmon.

I was thinking a young Ali MacGraw......

I wonder how much say Elite has in how Kendall is portrayed on this show.  If there is some financial penalty for her missing gigs and that's why she's on the show so infrequently.  Maybe her sleep and anxiety disorders are because Kris makes her fly back to CA every 5 seconds for a birthday or family vacay.

This episode pulled in 1.1M viewers (same as last week) but was ranked 12th for cable programming.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Is that good?

For them, no.  Rob & Chyna averaged more viewers per episode than KUWTK season 12.  With every season of Keeping up, the viewership drops.  It's a very expensive show to produce due to the high salaries of the cast, and drawing a little over a million viewers each week isn't going to keep the big sponsors on board.  That's why we're seeing a lot of product placement within the show.  The main reason it's lasted as long as it has, is because they had years of season long or multi-season storylines:  Weddings, pregnancies, new babies, Caitlyn's transition, and now they've got nothing this season to glue all of these random scenes and petty dramas together.  Rob's impending fatherhood isn't enough.

• Love 5

According to NY Magazine's "Keeping up with the Kontinuity Errors", Kim and Kendall's therapist session was filmed the same day Kris suggested they get said therapy.  Kendall's surprisingly effective meditation session was filmed 3 weeks later, but also 2 days before the scene where she complained to Kris about her sleep paralysis in the first place.