Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: The Sea Was Angry

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

The guests are psychics and their famed friends. Meanwhile, Ben and Kate clash over more miscommunication; Ben embarrasses Emily; Kelley's management skills fail to impress Nico; and a windstorm hits, jeopardizing the safety of the charter guests.

That commercial cracked me up when the woman psychic said captain Lees mom was there. When she asked him if his mom was deceased captain Lee said No. The way he says it though makes me laugh. Can't wait to see how the rest of that charter pans out

• Love 4

Bravo seems to love their psychics. There was a slew of them on the last few seasons of the Real Housewives. They're always fakers too, with the exception of Alison DuBois. Will this be the Yacht Charter from Hell?

Edited by BogoGog24
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Locutus said:

As long as Blake doesn't sing.

What!  You don't want to hear the Love Boat theme?   Or......

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale.  A tale of a fateful trip......

• Love 4

Oh wow, Captain Lee's facial expressions during the Psychic reading , PRICELESS! Also, he looks simultaneously v. Handsome and super uncomfortable in his Dark uniform! I'm also amused by the hairdo banana hammock Twinks

• Love 5

"Kate is the most difficult person to work with in the entire world!" Don't you mean second most difficult, Ben? And he can totally suck it for using the psychic, the brunch, the other employees and other women to keep his distance in every sexual relationship.  

So...did Lauren have plastic surgery between talking heads?

Lady, if you tell Captain Lee his mom is dead and he disagrees? Leave. It. Alone.

• Love 2

My Magic 8 ball is more effective than that bullshit. Have seen more convincing mysticism from a 7th grade sleepover Seance with a broken Oijia board.

Edited by Nanu160
Disobedient thumbs
  • Love 8

Kelly is such a douche, he didn't get the girl so he tries to make it out like Emily is a player trying to say she was flirting with him, ben and nico so she has her choices.

He might as well have called her a whore. All because his douche bag self wasn't the IT man for once.

• Love 16

Did they really need to make that an extra-long episode? That was mega-contrived and boring. Unless I blinked and missed it, they never explained those guys were from The People's Couch, right? If so, very bizarre they didn't try to cross-promote one of their own shows, or thought they could just slide them under the radar. 

Way more scenes than not felt staged this week, and yet basically nothing happened. Loved Lee's face during dinner, though. I love watching a scammy psychic scramble when they fuck up a cold reading.

• Love 6

The People's Couch guys all looked kind of little. I had never seen them standing up before. Lol. Ben's brother sounds exactly like him. Captain Lee's fancy formal navy jacket almost looked too big on him.

4 hours ago, BogoGog24 said:

Bravo seems to love their psychics. There was a slew of them on the last few seasons of the Real Housewives. They're always fakers too, with the exception of Alison DuBois. Will this be the Yacht Charter from Hell?

It had been bugging me every time I saw the preview but I finally placed this psychic as the same one that Kyle brought on RHOBH after the dinner party from hell fiasco. She's probably swimming with the Bravo fishes and trying to leverage her own show. 

Even though I still don't buy the romance, I think Ben and Ems are cute. Probably because I'd much rather watch them go on adorably awkward staged dates than listen to another dumb word out of Kelley's mouth or watch Ben bicker with Kate. But asking a psychic if their relationship will pan out after a single date was too much. So embarrassing! 

I don't understand how Kelley was throwing Kyle under the bus, nor do I see how Nico was defending him????? That whole business was weird. The whole deck crew is a mess. 

I agree with those that think most of this XL episode was staged. The only thing I don't think was staged: Capt Lee's "don't bring my aura into this" face during dinner with the psychics.

And the cutest part of the episode was Kyle coming out to the crew. Can we please get a link to that youtube video? Maybe it's buried under a pile of Senior Dickhead Trevor's hair modeling pics?

• Love 3
14 hours ago, BogoGog24 said:

They've even got a psychic in the cast of RHoMelbourne. Bravo loves to use a psychic to talk shit and reveal the things that the cast talks about off camera or the cast talks around. They used one on last season of RHoOC to put it out that in the universe that Brooks was faking cancer. They used one on RHoNY to reveal that most of the women thought Dorinda and John were a terrible match and not meant for each other.

I love a completely wrong psychic!

The People's Couch boys!

Ben's brother does sound exactly like him. He and Emily have no future because they are a decade apart.

I'm going to say that Kyle has a fetish because it sounds like he's into boy parts, but not necessarily a post op transwoman.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 4

So The People's Couch meets Below Deck with a host that has met The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills....  I'll admit it, although the psychic is totally bogus IMO, I do get a kick out of doing 'crossovers' so to speak.

Loved Capt. Lee's responses at the dinner.  I don't recall him ever wearing his dress jacket before.  I thought he looked quite dapper.

Ben, Ben, Ben.  You are smitten.  Which makes you so insecure. 

Go away Kelley.  And yeah, Lauren, the pizza dropping was your fault.  Own it.  And Kate does have seniority over you especially when you do something 'inside'.

And then there's Kyle.  OK....whatever floats your boat.  But then, why were you so mad at Sierra? 

I enjoyed the episode. 

Enjoyed Kate and Lee on WWHL.  Hey, we get to see his wife.  Seems very nice.  I thought Kate looked good.   (Andy did slip up and called The People's Couch The People's Choice or maybe I heard that wrong)

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

So The People's Couch meets Below Deck with a host that has met The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills....  I'll admit it, although the psychic is totally bogus IMO, I do get a kick out of doing 'crossovers' so to speak.

Crossing Over. There's the spinoff! Too bad that title is already taken! 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, HumblePi said:

Why did all the shockers have to come at the very end? I'm still not certain exactly what Kyle is sexually. Is he a homosexual, a transvestite, a heterosexual?  what?

He got into the gay cross-dressing and fell for a transvestite that had a penis and a vagina?  I'm so confused and might have to watch it again, the end anyway. He met a woman during a pub crawl and got her pregnant.  He was living out on the street and he looks like he's about one pint of suds away from living there again if he loses this gig.

Sexuality can be fluid.  FYI...stop with the "transvestite", there's a whole world you aren't aware of.  I think they did a good job of showing his life and circumstance in a very short, almost throw-away bit.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

Why did all the shockers have to come at the very end? I'm still not certain exactly what Kyle is sexually. Is he a homosexual, a transvestite, a heterosexual?  what?

He got into the gay cross-dressing and fell for a transvestite that had a penis and a vagina?  I'm so confused and might have to watch it again, the end anyway. He met a woman during a pub crawl and got her pregnant.  He was living out on the street and he looks like he's about one pint of suds away from living there again if he loses this gig.

I don't think he really put a label on himself; he said that at one point he thought he was bi but didn't seem to identify that way present-tense. He's attracted to some gay guys, cis women, and transwomen. I'd personally call that pansexual or bisexual, but it's up to him to identify as something, or choose to eschew labels altogether. It's a spectrum and whatnot.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Adultosaurus said:

No, if you think he's transgender you still aren't getting it.  Regardless, the episode handled it well...skated across it without making it a thing.

HE'S not transgender.  Ashley is transgender.  Isn't that what he said?

Kyle has his own thing.  As I said previously: OK.  Whatever floats your boat. 

With that said, I think Kyle doesn't mind a penis but he still like the femininity which would imply he likes transgender as well as straight women.  That's what I got from the conversation.  But, that doesn't necessary mean he wouldn't go for homosexual men.   I guess he's open to it all. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Adultosaurus said:

Poster questioned if he was transvestite, changed it to transgender.  Was commenting on the post, not what happened in the show.

Now I'm confused.  Isn't it possible Kyle is a transvestite?  While Ashley is transgender.

I still don't get the Capt. Lee love...he's a grouchy dude...and not even in that "salty old seaman" sort of way...just grouchy.

I don't think Lee is grouchy.  He just expects a level of professionalism.  And Kelley's leadership is lacking as well as his crew's ability to handle what needs to be done on a 150 foot yacht. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, breezy424 said:

I don't think Lee is grouchy.  He just expects a level of professionalism.  And Kelley's leadership is lacking as well as his crew's ability to handle what needs to be done on a 150 foot yacht. 

I don't just mean in the show - just in general.  Like on WHHL, he's just salty and curmudgeonly.

• Love 1

Do you know what transvestite means?  The mod is dinging me for going off-topic but really - do you?

In a nutshell, a man who likes to dress in women's clothing?

ETA:   Didn't Kyle say, tonight, he did so and don't we see him next week getting dressed as such?

Edited by ryebread
4 minutes ago, Adultosaurus said:

Yes, so how did you come to think Kyle was that?

FWIW, I don't know that he is, I asked if it was possible.

To be honest, Kyle enjoying wearing a women's dress would surprise me less than finding out Kate is a lesbian.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

He said meat and two veg, not vag, meaning a penis and testicles.   (bolding in quote mine to emphasize what I'm replying to)

Edited by yourmomiseasy
7 minutes ago, Adultosaurus said:

No, looks like he's doing drag for a bit on a theme night for the charter.  Drag doesn't equal transvestite.  ANYWAY, moving on...tired of getting dinged by the Mod (doing her job, rightfully so).

I know drag doesn't equal transvestite.  Although if he enjoys drag, he might be a transvestite.  I'm sure nobody really cares but I do think understanding the terms is important.  Sorry, mods.  Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

I also think that Kyle shouldn't have gotten his knickers in a bunch about Sierra having someone interested in her at home, when he had someone, too.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I DO think that Kyle shouldn't have gotten his knickers in a bunch about Sierra having someone interested in her at home, when he had someone, too.

Definitely.  And what a whiny baby about it, as well.  Like he'd never had a "date" go badly before.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, Adultosaurus said:

I don't just mean in the show - just in general.  Like on WHHL, he's just salty and curmudgeonly.

I don't see it that way.  I think he's just a person who is somewhat patient and at some point his bull sh*t limit has been filled and then he calls it out.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 3

Personally, I think Captain Lee turned out to be a fan favorite, so now they're writing him lines, but missing the mark.  Like the whole to-do about the sea-pool floating a few yards away from the boat.

The captain didn't like that it happened in front of the guests.  Okay, but really, pffft, why would anyone care?  And he reminded us all that the pool is a very expensive piece of equipment.  Right, but it wasn't about to go over a waterfall or disappear in the Bermuda Triangle--someone swam out, grabbed a line and swam it back.  Definitely not a "trainwreck."  You've seen footage of a trainwreck, yes, Captain?

And please don't try to tell me Captain Lee is momentarily startled that someone calling him a "seaman" might be referring to ejaculate.

Lee was just fine as he was the first seasons--silently disapproving of the silly monkey business and staying above it all.  When he growled back then, you believed him.

• Love 7

Staged?  Yes, probably, right along with furniture from THE PEOPLE'S COUCH. 

Staged?  Yes, probably. Now, already, Ben is contemplating marriage to Emily. What !

Staged?  Yes, probably. Whatever has happened to the TACITURN 'Salty Seaman', Cap'n Lee?  

Staged?  I dunno. The crew appears to be absurdly inept...

*Lauren is extremely pretty--naturally(mostly). But, she does need to learn how to garb herself in more flattering dress when not in uniform.  *Kelley is still vain, lacking awareness, and douchey.   *Still cannot stand Kate's voice and manner of speech.  *Kyle, well...so glad that he shocked this whiny-azz crew. For a moment, they stopped their complainin' and blamin' . 

• Love 1

This episode made me laugh a couple of times, most memorably Capt. Lee's facial expressions at dinner. I enjoyed seeing Emily all frowny-faced that none of the guests could see she and Ben as a viable couple, because- neither can I. Kate seemed completely aware that they psychic was referring to she and Ben and was eating it up. On the other hand, Ben and Emily's dates are so horribly awkward and boring with Ben saying weird things and Emily being charmed by them. I don't get it a bit. 

Nico and Lauren were both douchier than normal, maybe they were still hungover from the night out.  The male guests were a hoot so many times, gossiping about Kate and Ben (mom and dad) fighting, the response to the heavy bag being full of Speedos. I don't watch the People's Couch but may start. Hey! Cross-promotion that worked.