Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E07: Home of the Brave

MyAimIsTrue
  • Start Topic

Torres boldly breaks protocol when he learns a witness in an NCIS case is wanted by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Also, Abby, Bishop and McGee woo landlord Tony DiNozzo Sr. in the hope of subletting Tony’s apartment.

Great.  Senior is back.  I'd hoped with Tony gone then he would be gone too.  No such luck...

(As you might be able to tell, I'm not a Senior fan.  It was a bit of stunt-casting that went remarkably well because Michael Weatherly did a fantastic Robert Wagner impression, but it went on far too long and I absolutely hated the redemption arc they wrote for the Senior character.)

• Love 3

[10/31/16 - 06:00 PM]
CBS Programming Advisory for Tuesday, Nov. 1
The network will opt for repeats of "NCIS," "Bull" and "NCIS: New Orleans" against Game 6 of the World Series on FOX.

[via press release from CBS]

CBS PROGRAMMING ADVISORY FOR TUESDAY, NOV. 1

The following rebroadcasts of NCIS, BULL and NCIS: NEW ORLEANS replace the original episodes previously scheduled for Tuesday, Nov. 1:

8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT NCIS "Scope" (OAD 3/15/16)

9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT BULL "The Woman in 8D" (OAD 9/27/16)

10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT NCIS: NEW ORLEANS "Billy & the Kid" (OAD 11/24/15)

The Futon Critic

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 1

Next week will be pre-empted for election coverage so this episode won't play until the 15th...unless the world comes to an end before than.  I'm neutral on senior but would like an update on Tony.

• Love 3

Why is Tony DiNozzo on the show tonight?? Isn't it confusing considering he's up on a new show in a new character right after this? Speaking of characters, where are the new characters? Was this an old episode they held back and now they're airing it because they had to scramble when GG died?

I'm so confused.

5 minutes ago, TidalCreek said:

Why is Tony DiNozzo on the show tonight?? Isn't it confusing considering he's up on a new show in a new character right after this? Speaking of characters, where are the new characters? Was this an old episode they held back and now they're airing it because they had to scramble when GG died?

I'm so confused.

I am too. I think so. My mom recognized it as one that she saw before.

26 minutes ago, TidalCreek said:

I'm so confused.

20 minutes ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

10 minutes ago, TidalCreek said:

I'm guessing it's a rerun -- except it says "New" in the infobox (on Comcast).

Still confused. But oh well, I've been confused about more interesting things before...

Ohmo posted an explanation above in this thread, the episodes were all pre-empted for re-runs today.

Edited by secnarf
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

10 minutes ago, TidalCreek said:

I'm guessing it's a rerun -- except it says "New" in the infobox (on Comcast).

Still confused. But oh well, I've been confused about more interesting things before...

If you look at the post above by Ohmo, it states that tonight's episode was supposed to be a repeat.

Thank you for the explanation, Ohmo.  I thought I had entered the Twilight Zone for a few minutes.  The blurb on the screen said it was a new episode.  I had a meeting and was looking forward to kicking back and watching NCIS, Bull and NCIS NO after getting home.  Oh well, I'll just burn up a couple of other things on my DVR instead.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, laredhead said:

Thank you for the explanation, Ohmo.  I thought I had entered the Twilight Zone for a few minutes.  The blurb on the screen said it was a new episode.  I had a meeting and was looking forward to kicking back and watching NCIS, Bull and NCIS NO after getting home.  Oh well, I'll just burn up a couple of other things on my DVR instead.

You're all welcome.  Though I don't know this as fact, I think it's reasonable to assume that this scheduling change had something to do with Game 6 of the World Series also being played tonight.  Tonight's episodes of NCIS, Bull, and NOLA were all supposed to be new, but I bet CBS re-thought the idea of putting new episodes up against a very popular World Series.

ETA: The World Series just went to the final game (Game 7) tomorrow night,  (The series is tied 3-3.)  I'm sure CBS will consider doing the same thing with its Wednesday schedule.

Edited by Ohmo

sooo glad I'm not losing my mind! I started to watch it this morning and immediately recognized the opening scene as an episode from last season. double checked the description and it claimed to be a new episode so I came here to see if it was just me.  Smart move by CBS but you know, not EVERYONE watches the World Series :(.

4 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Smart move by CBS but you know, not EVERYONE watches the World Series :(.

True, but I seem to recall reading that CBS tried to go original by airing an Elementary opposite one of the baseball games, and it got absolutely crushed in the ratings.  This morning, TVLine reported that tonight NBC is pulling new episodes of SVU and Chicago P,D.  CBS is doing the same with Criminal Minds.  While not everyone watches sports, I don't think TV execs like the alternative of wasting new content when they know it's going to get crushed if they air it as usual

Edited by Ohmo

Good episode.  I kind of guessed it was the kid when we met him though.  Not happy about seeing Senior again...ugh.  But at least it was for a good reason.  I really like Torres.  I thought for sure he'd give the apartment to Tim.

What I liked best was that Medina was actually a good guy and did not try to pull the wool over their eyes.

Edited by NYGirl
  • Love 1

Not a whole lot of action on the show tonight..and they seemed to be trying to too hard to push the immigration angle....The show just seems off...and not must-see for me anymore...

I now look forward to This is US on Tuesdays more than NCIS...I'll watch the holiday episodes and then decide if I may just give it up...

I highly doubt I'll remember much of this one...

• Love 1

I liked the episode.  I like the idea that at least once a year they showcase a problem that may affect veterans.  Problems that most of us may be unaware of.  I'm glad Torres gave the apartment to Tim and Delilah.  Now they can have Torres move into their old apartment.  

However, it is a problem when it was halfway through the episode when I realized that I couldn't remember the new woman's name.  I think the problem is that they went a new character too far.  Its hard enough working 1 new person into an established let alone 2 regulars and 1 semi-regular.  I do though like the looser more relaxed Gibbs.  More like he was in season 1

• Love 3

I wasn't crazy about this episode.  I don't  understand why that agent kept trying to run away from Gibbs just because she had some stupid dream about him.  It was just too silly.  Robert Wagner looked great but terribly underused in this episode.  Did they mention where Tony Jr. is?  

4 minutes ago, gazebo said:

I wasn't crazy about this episode.  I don't  understand why that agent kept trying to run away from Gibbs just because she had some stupid dream about him.  It was just too silly.  Robert Wagner looked great but terribly underused in this episode.  Did they mention where Tony Jr. is?  

Paris.

I agree that not a lot really happened in this episode, but I still enjoyed it. I thought it was humorous that the team seems to have certain dreams about Gibbs. Quinn could have been more adult about the whole thing, sex dreams happen-- it's not the end of the world. I was really hoping that Gibbs was on to the whole thing when he knocked on the cabinet but if he was he didn't give it away.

I like Torres and Bishop together (as field agents) and I'm really happy it was Bishop who stepped up and shot the suspect because I feel like that helps show how her character has matured as an agent.

Anyone else find it weird that Tim now has Tony's job, desk, and apartment? But it's a nice set so maybe we'll get a few scenes there with Tim and Delilah.

I like that they didn't wrap the immigration story up in a nice bow, though obviously I hope we get a line in the future about how it ends up.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Trey said:

Did Gibbs know about the details of the dream? He really seemed to be teasing Quinn with his remarks, like "what kind of wood is this" .

OMG.  I missed that whole setup.  I didn't realize Quinn was being so wary of Gibbs because she dreamed about him.  The rest of the episode makes so much more sense now...  If Gibbs knew or suspected, then that makes that "what kind of wood is this?" a really awesome line.  Oh please, make it so...

Enough with Senior.  I know some folks really like that character, but I do not.  Now that he's going to be Tim and Delilah's landlord, that will give the writers a continuing excuse to pop in and out of episodes.  Sigh.  At least that will make some sense, as opposed to some of the rather tenuous excuses he's been brought into the plots with before.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Trey said:

Did Gibbs know about the details of the dream? He really seemed to be teasing Quinn with his remarks, like "what kind of wood is this" .

I assumed Gibbs was in on the whole thing until they showed him saying "what did I say?" *after* Quinn had already left, with nobody else in the room. I interpreted that as a way of telling us that he didn't know.

6 hours ago, basiltherat said:

God, yes!  That last freeze frame made poor Timmy look like Skeletor.  Eat a sandwich, Karen Carpenter!

Really? Not funny.

• Love 5

Knew the killer (well the killer's dad) instantly since I recognized him from the Cosby Show. He has aged very well.

Continue to like Torres. I liked that he gave the apartment to Tim and his scenes with Bishop.

I also liked that the immigration case wasn't wrapped up, but NCIS was going to try to help so hope they bring it up in a later episode. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, twoods said:

Knew the killer (well the killer's dad) instantly since I recognized him from the Cosby Show. He has aged very well.

Martin!  I knew he was familiar!  Thanks for pointing that out.

I do hope we get some resolution to the deportation issue with that marine.  If not, I hope Gibbs gave him the name of the guy in Tiajuana.

• Love 1

How much work will Tim and Delilah have to do to make that apartment handicap-accessible? aren't there stairs right when you walk in? I asked myself this the whole episode and still couldn't believe it when Tim ended up w it.

Also, I thought the paper Jimmy drew was blank - intentionally - and he chose Torres. I kept waiting for a moment where they referenced them being friends or why Jimmy helped him.

I liked that whoever got the apartment also had to take ownership for Kate and Ziva. man - those are some OLD fish.

• Love 4
On 11/18/2016 at 11:18 AM, betsyboo said:

How much work will Tim and Delilah have to do to make that apartment handicap-accessible? aren't there stairs right when you walk in? I asked myself this the whole episode and still couldn't believe it when Tim ended up w it.

Also, I thought the paper Jimmy drew was blank - intentionally - and he chose Torres. I kept waiting for a moment where they referenced them being friends or why Jimmy helped him.

I liked that whoever got the apartment also had to take ownership for Kate and Ziva. man - those are some OLD fish.

I don't recall seeing any stairs, but the one thing that I did notice was that the doorways were wide enough. Whether that makes it handicap-accessible, I don't know, but it seems to me the apartment is supposed to be given that Tim wants it w/o any commentary about its suitability for Delilah.

I had the same thought regarding Jimmy reading the Torres entry. Or at the very least, wondered how his name got in there.

I found the sex dream plot ludicrous. Not that you might have a sex dream about Gibbs (who the hell wouldn't?), but that a grown-ass woman would act the way she did - AND tell the team about it. Bishop, maybe, girl to girl. Abby, never - she has no filter. But not the entire team. I haven't disliked the character as much as some, so for me this was the first episode where she really bugged the heck out of me (because her behavior was not in any way believable to me, nor did it further any plot)

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I don't recall seeing any stairs, but the one thing that I did notice was that the doorways were wide enough. Whether that makes it handicap-accessible, I don't know, but it seems to me the apartment is supposed to be given that Tim wants it w/o any commentary about its suitability for Delilah.

I thought there were at least two steps but this screen shot shows only one. This is probably an easy fix/upgrade. Disregard my Q! :-)

ncis-201407-20photos.jpg

• Love 1
On 11/16/2016 at 9:47 PM, Packerbrewerbadger said:

Why oh why do the agents identify themselves to the suspect when they're a block away !  They do this ever singe time and the person of interest always bolts and usually gets away!   Will they ever  learn?????????  This drives me nuts!

I said the exact same thing! And also, why don't they shoot out the tires on cars????

• Love 4
On 11/20/2016 at 9:12 AM, Clanstarling said:

I found the sex dream plot ludicrous. Not that you might have a sex dream about Gibbs (who the hell wouldn't?), but that a grown-ass woman would act the way she did - AND tell the team about it.

THIS!

• Love 4