Type keyword(s) to search

The Brides and The Grooms

• Start Topic

Vanessa has looked a little worn in some scenes. Could be the stress of the show or just being tired, but I agree that she looks a LOT better with makeup on. Sam...I also question her hygiene. Or course it could be that the major bitch she is on the inside has tainted some of us from ever seeing her as remotely attractive. 

I forgot to talk about the "experts ". They are beyond shitty. I think the only one who cares at all in Dr Pepper. I used to think Dr C was OK, but now I think he sucks. I never liked the blonde one. What's her name. I don't know what her function is besides coming up with stupid questions for the fishbowl exercise. I don't get why they have an atheist giving spiritual advice.

I have to say that I think none of them are any good at this point. Heck Dr. C saw Sam just shaking her head up and down like a little kid not listening and he should have called her out on it. As well as said something to Ashley for her crap when David tried to comfort her and she was all "don't touch". The Ashley and David marriage should have been over right then instead of him saying let's take all this stuff off the table and basically do nothing. Dr. Pepper hasn't done much to help any of them at all IMO. She is part of pairing these people. When you put a wackjob like Sam in the mix and someone like Ashley in as well then none of them have done their jobs right at all. More so when each one but Dr. C has told David to keep pushing Ashley. The spiritual one....well I find that to be a job in itself. As well as the one with her stupid sex questions fishbowl that does no good in the long run. 

• Love 1

Vanessa and Tres. Pretty stinkin' adorable. Just sayin'. Sam must have been steam cleaned for these pictures because she doesn't look like her usual sloppy self. Ashley is not included because she refused to smile. Or she smiled and David was so shocked, they had to take him to Medi-Merge. Thanks, Moon!

• Love 1

This show certainly diminishes the impact of "divorce".  MAFS makes the most difficult part of "divorce" the limo ride together to the final showdown.  Similar to getting an unpleasant outpatient procedure at the doctor's office.

For all poser Levkoff's declarations that 'the only way out is divorce or death' only a couple of the participants in 3 seasons seem to want to avoid divorce.  Maybe it's a sign of the times, divorce is not viewed the way it used to be.  There has been some suspicion that participants get involved for the money, which certainly diminishes the impact of divorce.

Hey, if he doesn't look like my dream man, I'll just collect a paycheck and get a divorce.  They do ask during the wedding ceremony if so and so 'takes this person', so there is a chance to leave.  Wouldn't be surprised if Doug's character did not wish at times that Jamie's character had done just that, and similarly Neil and David's characters.  Neil and David appear to want to see marriage be a success, that divorce is not success.  Was it Ragin' Ryan's character in S2 that kept saying 'divorce is failure'?

On MAFS a character can head for divorce court and explain 'I never found him attractive'.

Edited by Liberty

I love how Vanessa and Tres always dress appropriately, down to accessories. When they meet with the experts, V and T show their respect in their dress. Not that these MAFS expert-charlatans deserve special consideration.

I guess I'm taking special note of Vanessa and Tres because I can't stand the other two women's crotch-couture and the other two men's tank-tastelessness.

• Love 9

Why am I watching this show? Because I used to love it, especially last year. " zombie, Ashley found her voice this week and is really a mean girl. David, I have zero respect for. Grow a pair already and hit the road. How can he even like her and keep kissing her ass? He is such a wimp. He reminds me of Ralphie on the Christmas Story with the BB gun. Sam and Neil must have a pact with the producers to pretend to like each other until it is over. I don't think any man could be with her .. She is just so unlikeable. Trei has a lot of patience and has done so many nice things for Vanessa. She better wise up, stop doubting his intentions before she loses him. I have never in my life seen three guys who are really trying to make these women happy, and they all don't give a shit. And my final comment .. I LOVE animals and have them, but I am sick and tired of seeing Assley and Sam carrying and sleeping with those dogs on the beds every minute. Thank you. I

• Love 3

LMAO sadly she has one but its to big to carry around. I just don't see her nice to even the dog though. But i was just asking myself this question the other day and then again this morning after watching the last episode. I think I figured I'd give this season a shot because it was being filmed somewhere else but I am not sure if I will again if they actually do another season. Location changed does no good when the experts are what is the real problem with this show. I do agree with alot of what you said though. I don't think Vanessa is as bad as the other 2 but I'm also not keen on Tres either. I just don't think they should have been matched though since it was because of their issues and nothing more. Anyway, I think if they were to put new "experts" in place of the ones now that I might give the show one last chance but I know they won't do that. They people behind this show aren't smart enough to listen to all of us watching.

• Love 2

I think I watch this show differently than others.  It is a TV show, A reality show, which means a lot of what I see is not real. People are paid to do this show, they have contracts that insist on them doing something. I would love to see the contracts and see what they require,. Is it the loss of money, or are there additional requirements that keep them pretending on this show. I see Ashley as someone who just can't bring herself to pretend and finds it hard to accept David's pretending. Was there something terrible that happened or is it rubbing her the wrong way to pretend, did she try to back out and find she could not get out or is she the terrible person people say she is?
After meeting one of the most hated person on the Amazing race and finding out they had dysentery most of the race and had to keep stopping and finding bathrooms, not always easy, not always pleasant, and yet they kept on and was not shown to be ill, just very unhappy and "mean to their partner" and complaining about how hard everything was, and at the same time they were very nice. many other people vouched for her illness and was amazed at how far she got being so sick. That kind of affects how you watch reality. Yes no one wants to see someone retching and running for bathrooms, so that was not shown.
So in this case, I watch this show, but if people don't jibe, I don't hate them or even dislike them, I wonder about their contracts. I admit to not watching live, I tape it and fast forward when it gets too uncomfortable.

• Love 6

I think I watch this show differently than others.  It is a TV show, A reality show, which means a lot of what I see is not real. People are paid to do this show, they have contracts that insist on them doing something. I would love to see the contracts and see what they require,. Is it the loss of money, or are there additional requirements that keep them pretending on this show. I see Ashley as someone who just can't bring herself to pretend and finds it hard to accept David's pretending. Was there something terrible that happened or is it rubbing her the wrong way to pretend, did she try to back out and find she could not get out or is she the terrible person people say she is?

After meeting one of the most hated person on the Amazing race and finding out they had dysentery most of the race and had to keep stopping and finding bathrooms, not always easy, not always pleasant, and yet they kept on and was not shown to be ill, just very unhappy and "mean to their partner" and complaining about how hard everything was, and at the same time they were very nice. many other people vouched for her illness and was amazed at how far she got being so sick. That kind of affects how you watch reality. Yes no one wants to see someone retching and running for bathrooms, so that was not shown.

So in this case, I watch this show, but if people don't jibe, I don't hate them or even dislike them, I wonder about their contracts. I admit to not watching live, I tape it and fast forward when it gets too uncomfortable.

I know this show is about as real as reality TV is. I just love watching people who are bad in boyfriend/girlfriend relationships, be even worse in a "married" relationship. Since this show is so predictable, I have fun trying to guess, which couple follows what standard storyline. Not to mention, it is glorious to watch, the editor and production monkeys, do their job when someone strays too far, from their storyline (remember the bitch edit Davina got).

• Love 1

I keep trying to mix-and-match every season, and this time it's Vanessa and David. She doesn't feel secure unless she's constantly being smothered in affection, while David needs to follow his wife around, cuddle, give her gifts, and declare his love 10 times a day.

• Love 2

I think I watch this show differently than others. It is a TV show, A reality show, which means a lot of what I see is not real. People are paid to do this show, they have contracts that insist on them doing something. I would love to see the contracts and see what they require,. Is it the loss of money, or are there additional requirements that keep them pretending on this show. I see Ashley as someone who just can't bring herself to pretend and finds it hard to accept David's pretending. Was there something terrible that happened or is it rubbing her the wrong way to pretend, did she try to back out and find she could not get out or is she the terrible person people say she is?

I'm sorry, but people on a reality show may act strange, odd, goofy, whatever, but nothing explains Ashley's bizarre lack of humanness toward David. Can't think of 3 nice things? Make something up! Don't like your new husband? Say so. Something is very, very wrong with that girl. The look on her face when she looks at David makes me feel like she's constipated and David is the giant turd she'd love to get rid of if only the universe weren't such a crappy place. Sheesh!

• Love 6

I'm sorry, but people on a reality show may act strange, odd, goofy, whatever, but nothing explains Ashley's bizarre lack of humanness toward David. Can't think of 3 nice things? Make something up! Don't like your new husband? Say so. Something is very, very wrong with that girl. The look on her face when she looks at David makes me feel like she's constipated and David is the giant turd she'd love to get rid of if only the universe weren't such a crappy place. Sheesh!

OMG, I just spit out a mouthful of food, I laughed so hard over your last line.

• Love 3

D & A - We have seen a few snippets after the wedding where they were talking and laughing.  David even asked her for her phone number.  These talks probably were about why did we sign up for this show.  She could have said that " I always pick the same type and I decided to let someone else pick for me"  That would have let David know that he was not her type.  That wouldn't have been cruel.  It wouldn't say I don't like your looks.  But it would have let him know what was ahead.  She could also have treated him like a human.  Had conversations : Where did you go to school, what do you like to do for fun, what's you favorite color.....   None of these are sexual.  But they are ways of learning about someone else and getting to know him.  As a social worker, she would have been given these tools.

I think Ashley is a professional student.  She cannot get in front of herself.  She doesn't know what it is like really living in the real world. Being on this show was not a good idea for her.   The Experts should have seen this.  Looks like a lot of damage has been done to David and Ashley due to her family and friends trying to make things look better for her.  It was the reverse.

I didn't know forums existed when I watched season 1.  Only knew what I saw on TV. Much different when you get the viewpoints of others . I am sure there are a lot of people out there that that is all they see.  No SM , forums etc.  I will miss this interaction more than the show

• Love 5

So far:

Heather and Derek? Stubborn and childish, they suck as a couple. At 35 and 32, they should be better at life.

Lillian and Tom? I give them a 50/50 chance. He is most of the problem. If he's able to eventually release the desperate hold on his slacker lifestyle (which he won't be after only six weeks), their odds go up.

Sonia and Nick? Insecure matched with emotionally reserved is not optimal, but if the coaches do their jobs and help them work through that they might have the best shot.

• Love 1

Tom is the one who holds the key to this relationship working.

He has to be willing to adjust his surfer dude philosophy to include the responsibility of emotionally and fiscally being the partner Lilly needs.

She will work her butt off to sell properties if he is also pulling his weight to get/complete yacht projects that will pay off with bigger and better jobs as his reputation as a designer/craftsman grows.

If Tom decides he is happier living paycheck to paycheck, surf's up to surf's up.... then Bye Lily don't let the plywood bus door hit your pink Bikini tushy on the way out.

Lily won't be a chump for long, Tom.

Edited by humbleopinion
more nonsense
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Tom is the one who holds the key to this relationship working.

He has to be willing to adjust his surfer dude philosophy to include the responsibility of emotionally and fiscally being the partner Lilly needs.

She will work her butt off to sell properties if he is also pulling his weight to get/complete yacht projects that will pay off with bigger and better jobs as his reputation as a designer/craftsman grows.

If Tom decides he is happier living paycheck to paycheck, surf's up to surf's up.... then Bye Lily don't let the plywood bus door hit your pink Bikini tushy on the way out.

Lily won't be a chump for long, Tom.

From what we're seeing on the show so far, there are not too many clouds of doom overhead just yet, are there? The only thing I can think of that gives a less-than-auspicious clue into T and L's future success as a couple would be the preview clip shown of Lily saying how hard she tries, but it's just not good enough for Tom.  Maybe I'm missing something....

Edited by StayingAfterSunday

I was trying to think how I'd answer the questionnaire. A lot of issues just aren't yes/no black and white.

Do I like tattoos? Um, some yes. Others definitely not. But not too many. And not Derek's. But Adam Levin's would be fine.

Is occasional cigarette/cigar smoking acceptable? I mean, I'd rather he didn't and never in the house. But once a month when he's out with his friends at a bar, yeah okay. I would definitely bring down the deal-breaker gavel on chewing tobacco, though, any amount, any time.

How important is sex in your marriage? I dunno. It was the driving force in one relationship and that didn't work out. I lived with another guy who had a low sex drive and was perfectly fine with cuddling. It varies!

Etc.

• Love 3

Does any girl wear anything pretty to bed anymore?  These 3 girls are going on their Honeymoon.  All I see are:. Sports tops, jogging pants, baseball shirts, etc. etc.. I don't care if they just met.  What's wrong with getting some cute pjs to wear to Bed?  I don't mean Fredricks ofHollywood, but some pretty sets or nite gowns that are appealing.  If Sonia put on something cute and sexy, I'll bet Nick would change his mind and step up.  That's what she wants, right.  I've seen less on a woman when they are going out for drinks.  Did anyone notice what they wear and agree?

• Love 2

I noticed it with Lily and the sleep shirt. I was a bit surprised because they are all over each other. I wonder if its things they do not own which I would find a bit odd but I figured maybe it was they didn't know how comfortable they would be in such things on tv (not just in front of new spouse) or it just is not things that can be shown on tv. LOL Yet with Nick though I doubt it would change his mind. 

• Love 1

When I saw this show come out years ago, I knew it would be a train wreck and it delivers!!! This season should be so much fun once again!!! Heather and Derek are about ready to implode and poor Sonia's insecurities are mounting!! The only bright spot is Tom and Lillian although we have a few weeks for that to get wrecked so I'm hopeful!! It's sad but I enjoy the couple who don't get along the most and this show is great at giving me what I desire. Good job experts, you guys certainly always pick the winners every year!!!

• Love 1

I enjoy these forums as much as the show!  Pages and Pages of posts the day after the show airs, and the posts keep trickling in until the next episode airs!

Great Stuff!

And yes ioniancat, the show is a miserable reflection of a small part of American society.  The concept that one is so miserable single, they are willing to let a TV show match-make, on a marital basis, cannot appeal to a broad swath of our society.

• Love 2

I wonder how the participants become friendly with each other (largely broken down along gender lines). I wouldn't imagine they interact before the show or during shooting except for the decision day shooting and maybe during casting calls. Seems like they reach out while the show is airing, but how would they even know each other's email addresses? Unless the producers facilitated it?

It's like there's a hidden Jefferies Tube for past participants that they all use!

Edited by lordonia

Each season is located in metro area that they all normally reside so after they become acquainted with each other at the decision and reunion shows they bond by the shared experience of doing the show and having been in the same trenches.

Of course, they want to compare experiences and get the skinny about people they know on TV like us.

Why the gender segregation?

Bros before hos... joking.

The couples become friends with the producers and camera crews who probably work for multiple seasons so the M@FS friend circles grow.

Happy to see pix of David with Sonia and Lily on fb.

Nick, Tom, Derek and Sonia on her Birthday was adorbs.

Seeing Jacklyn, Davina and Jessica out on the town in NYC was fun.

Jamie & Cortney said they exchanged numbers at casting before they were matched so they kept in touch through the experiment even though it was a big no no in the first season. I would also not be surprised if they reached out to past participants and got in contact that way especially if Jamie 'big mouth overshare' Otis was involved she did comment on Twitter around the time filming started that she was open to contact with the participants if they reached out.

What strikes me about all the people who have participated in this show is that not one of them has said anything about what they hope to give to another person.  It's all "What I want', "what I'm looking for", "what I expect to get."  Whether it's Jamie and her baby madness, or Ryan R. expecting a wife to move into the basement in his mother's house, or Heather expecting I don't know what -- they are all about me, me, me, me, me.  No wonder they haven't been able to find someone to commit to who wants to commit to them.  Marriage is work --- hard work.  It can be very rewarding work, but it's work.  I don't have a sense that anyone who has ever been on this show, with the possible exception of Courtney (who had to guide Jason through losing his mom and that whole second familiy thing) and Doug, who apparently has spent the last two years jumping through hoops for crazy Jamie, has demonstrated ANY ability to want to actually GIVE to another person, or put his/her needs second to the other person.  Yes, you do that over a period of time when you date and get to know someone, but when you watch their REASONS for wanting to marry, "being there for someone else" is never part of the equation.

• Love 7

Well. Four episodes in and first impressions have been fully validated.

Heather came off as self-contained and independent with a healthy dose of ego and elitism. So far so confirmed.

Sonia appeared sweet but tremulous. Nothing to change my mind there.

We didn't have occasion to see Derek's combative and defensive side on the first ep, but he seemed immature for his age so I wasn't shocked or anything when it came out.

If it counts as change, Nick has gone from reserved and awkward on episode 1 to full on giving me the creeps. I'd be curious to see what he's like with a women he desires and is crazy about, except that he had the same flat affect and stone face around his friends and family so I'm not sure there's any difference to be shown.

Nothing much stood out about Tom and Lily personalities and still doesn't.

Moved over from the episode thread:

Nick is the only one I would look at twice. 

Nick's face: 7. Body: 7. Personality: 8 (I don't follow him on social media so I don't know about the know it all-ness). He seems like he's pretty bright (I cannot stand people who have no intellectual curiosity; that's a deal-breaker in my relationships) and like he's got a snarky side, which I like.

Derek's face: 5. Body: his build is nice but I hate his tattoos (not all tattoos - I have one. I hate HIS tattoos). The tats bring it down to a 4. Personality: he's just way, way too much of a bro type for me, and you just don't get to still be an aspiring rapper at 35. (I have a high school classmate who's been trying to rap since high school; it is so far past time for him to hang it up. His ex-wife divorced him over it - she said she was tired of being the only adult in the marriage. And he didn't make it because he is bad at rapping. He's not some great undiscovered talent; he SUCKS.) I'll give him a 5.

Tom: there is no there there. He's completely unremarkable except for the bus, which is a deterrent. 4s across the board.

Here are my ratings of the men: 

Tom: Face - 5  Not bad. Not great. He has good teeth. He could use more grooming on his beard. Body - 7 He seems to be in shape, but he is small and kind of skinny. Personality - 2 He seems timid, petty, and CHEAP. 

Nick: Face - 5 Better face than Tom, but there is something rough about the skin on his face that bugs me. He seems to be the most well groomed of the three men. Body - 8 Not bad and he is tall. Personality - 7 He is sooooo timid. But he does have a good sense of humor and seems kind. Any guy who loves his dogs is a good guy in my book. 

Derrik - Face - 7 I love his eyes and his beard. Body - 6 He's too thin for me and slouches too much. But he is in shape. The tattoos ruin it for me. Plus he would smell of cigarette smoke and that would drive me bonkers. Personality - 6 He seems immature, but smart and potentially funny. He seems thoughtful and loves his mom. 

I am a straight woman, but I'll rate the women, too:

Lily:- Face - 2 She has nice teeth but how can you miss them? Her mouth is HUGE. Her hair is very thin and she doesn't appear to do anything to help that - like styling it differently or washing it so it doesn't look so greasy. She has a double chin. Body - 5 She is "skinny-fat" right now, but she looks flabby. I think she dresses for a much thinner person. Personality - 3 She thinks she is all that and a bag of chips. Her poor grammar says, "I wasn't telling the truth about medical school!" to me.

Heather: Face - 7 Pretty. Well groomed. Body - 9 Thin but not skinny. Personality - 1 If I saw her on a plane I was boarding, I would get off and take a different flight. She seems mean and very judgemental. *Something* is off if she has never had a boyfriend (as she admitted in the first episode). 

Sonia: Face - 8.5 Very pretty, especially when smiling or with makeup. Body - 8 Curvy but not flabby (like flabby Lily). Personality - 7 She seems super-sensitive, but she is aware of that and tries to control it. She is open minded, positive, and has a good sense of humor. She is very feminine, but not prissy or spoiled.

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 1

DEREK -

Face:   3

Body:  3

Personality:  7

NICK -

Face:   5

Body:  7

Personality:  4

TOM:

Face:   2

Body:  3

Personality:  2

HEATHER -

Face:   5

Body:   7

Personality:  -1  

SONIA -

Face:   4

Body:   4 - future fire plug

Personality:  8-speech=7

LILLY:

Face:   4

Body:   4 - future fire plug

Personality:  8-trained seal routine=7

I LOL'ed at "Trained seal routine," Kareem.

My ratings, as a hetero woman:

Tom -- Face 8, he's handsome; personality 7 or 8, he seems fine to me, nothing too extreme either way; body, it's hard to tell from how he dresses but it looks OK, probably a 6 or 7

Derek -- Face 6, he looked good at the wedding and has those nice blue eyes, but his personality makes him less attractive; personality 3; body 5 but that might be because I hate his tattoos

Nick -- Face 6 or 7, he's cute; body 9, yowza; personality 8, I like that dry humor and I love his sense of style, and his dog-love

The women:

Sonia -- Face 7, I think she's really cute; body 6; personality 9, she's sweet and caring and obviously has a good heart

Lilly -- Face 7, she's sexy; body 7, ditto, very sexy; personality, 8, she's fun and seems to be kind

Heather -- Face 5 but dolled up she could go to a 7; body 9, the men may disagree with me but I think she has a great figure; personality 6

Edited by Marsupial
spelling

Considering everyone's personalities and appearance after the first episode, I was most drawn to Nick, then Tom then Derek.

Now at the halfway point if I were forced to choose, it would be Tom, Derek, then a hundred rando guys off the street, then Nick.

Unlike Sonia, I would have been talking to Nick non-stop, asking about his life and desires and explaining mine, but in the end I think he would be just as emotionally unavailable towards me as he is around Sonia. It would maybe be interesting to see our counseling sessions where Nick is given desensitization therapy in order to learn to touch me, but in the end I could never be married to someone so undemonstrative.

• Love 3

^I have to agree. Now being more than halfway through the season I'd have say none of these men are emotionally attractive. Tom is miles ahead of the other two but that might not necessarily be a good thing. His desire to live on a bus, insulting comments about children and occasional thoughts he lets slip regarding Lily's materialism and truthfulness makes me think that he can be a real trip. But I do think he's the only one of the husbands who has been straight forward about who is and what he wants. I also like the fact that he seems to be the only one that understands that marriage is a LOT of work and is a "school of learning" from which "he and Lily will never graduate," such a truthful statement. 

Derek is just annoying. It's sounds like he was hot stuff before the show. Sounds like he had his fair share of women and was likely expecting to be having endless sex sessions with Heather by now. Since that didn't happened he's become a whiny man child whose revealed that he expects his wife to help him grow into the person he's supposed to be. As whiny as Derek is, for some reason I feel like if he wanted to find a wife he didn't need this show to find one. Thus, I'm not sure why he's even on MAFS.

I'll admit, I liked Nick best, at first. Now I just find him repugnant. I really can see why he's had trouble finding a wife. I don't buy the shyness because I just don't think a man who is as painfully shy as he claims to be would have even considered a show like this. He's a closet asshole who is in love with his dogs, which is pretty disgusting, and I'm convinced that he either doesn't like women or he has no relationship experience.  He's another one who I'm not sure about why he came on the show. Perhaps he did do it to promote his business like others believe? It just doesn't seem like he's interested in this "process" at all. He's good at distracting the audience with saying the right thing in his THs, but his actions don't support what he's said.

The women, so far, I think are all actually okay. They are all attractive. They all have definitive careers. They all have things they need to work on of course. We all do, but I think if they are truly looking for husbands, they would've done so much better going on E-Harmony than trying such an extreme "experiment" like this show.

Crazy enough I think Lily and Tom MIGHT be the only couple that has a chance of making it. But even for them things IMO seem a little shaky. I think he is starting to come out of the haze that was their instant connection and as the haze clears he's learning things about Lily that doesn't sit well with him. Lily too. So I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they decide to move on from each other when this is over.

Edited by Enero
  • Love 6

JMHO, I think they have a really hard time finding men in this age group for this show that want to get MARRIED. Times are different, this age group of men aren't ready yet, some are still at home for goodness sake. There are the exceptions of course, but apparently they are not applying for this show. 

• Love 2
On 9/10/2016 at 2:29 PM, Waterlilly said:

JMHO, I think they have a really hard time finding men in this age group for this show that want to get MARRIED. Times are different, this age group of men aren't ready yet, some are still at home for goodness sake. There are the exceptions of course, but apparently they are not applying for this show. 

The exceptions don't need the show to find them a woman to marry.  Unfortunately some things DON'T change, like a good man being hard to find, hence there being more women desperate enough to apply for the show.  Plus baby clocks are ticking in a lot of women, while there isn't so much of a rush with the men.

• Love 3

Silver lining -- maybe after this Nick realizes some truths about himself:

• He needs a modicum of self-awareness about his own personality, needs, and goals in life
  • He's not the marrying type
  • Or the "sharing a house with someone" type
  • Or the "talking to someone" type

Dogs are cool, Nick! Enjoy them and mazel tov. I hope he retreats to his house in peace, solitude, and having everything his own way. I mean that sincerely because I'm pretty much the same.* I hope he comes to grips with that about himself, sticks to hot, meaningless sexual encounters, and never tries to establish a serious romantic relationship again. It's not for you, dude.

* I like a man in my life but not in my house.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Hangin Out said:

All this was months ago.  Does anyone know anything about these couples now? I don’t do SM, and all the other up to date things.  Anything about Haley & Jake and the others?

We invite you to join us in viewing Wednesday’s shitshow, Part 1 of the Atlanta Reunion.

Bringing bottles of chilled cava, Spain’s sparkling wine...it will be the only way to tolerate the bazillion commercials....maybe Viv will wear another costume.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 5

I'm watching Season 1 mainly to see how Jamie and Doug started because I was aware that she was really upset and not attracted to him at all at first. What I didn't realize was how fast she fell for him. It sounds terrible but it would probably have taken me a lot longer--if at all. The only Jamie I've known up until now is the really annoying fame-seeker but I really like this earlier, sweeter side of her.

On 6/20/2021 at 6:58 PM, Scout Finch said:

I'm watching Season 1 mainly to see how Jamie and Doug started because I was aware that she was really upset and not attracted to him at all at first. What I didn't realize was how fast she fell for him. It sounds terrible but it would probably have taken me a lot longer--if at all. The only Jamie I've known up until now is the really annoying fame-seeker but I really like this earlier, sweeter side of her.

Haha and she was fresh off of The Bachelor and Bachelor in Paradise when season one filmed, so she was a fame-seeker even then 😄

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, princelina said:

Haha and she was fresh off of The Bachelor and Bachelor in Paradise when season one filmed, so she was a fame-seeker even then 😄

I don't even remember her from those two, although I definitely would have seen her as I've watched every single season of those damn shows. I was just reading something about how her cracks start showing in MaFS: The First Year. I'm just seeing her all giddy and falling love with Doug at this point. Maybe I'll watch that after I'm done with her first season. I have no desire to watch her beyond those early days. I started watching the show during Season 5 so had no knowledge of her at the time until the after-shows later on. I fast-forward through pretty much all of her scenes on Couples Cam (plus, it seems like one of the kids is always screaming or crying, so that's another great incentive!), and am just annoyed by her in general.

7 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

I don't even remember her from those two, although I definitely would have seen her as I've watched every single season of those damn shows. I was just reading something about how her cracks start showing in MaFS: The First Year. I'm just seeing her all giddy and falling love with Doug at this point. Maybe I'll watch that after I'm done with her first season. I have no desire to watch her beyond those early days. I started watching the show during Season 5 so had no knowledge of her at the time until the after-shows later on. I fast-forward through pretty much all of her scenes on Couples Cam (plus, it seems like one of the kids is always screaming or crying, so that's another great incentive!), and am just annoyed by her in general.

I actually don't mind her now, but at the time I was mocking the show like "You want us to think you're a serious psychological experiment and you cast Bachelor contestants?"  The show has gotten a lot less pretentious about itself over the years 😄