Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

Get a head start, get a head start, get a head start, get a head start, today, today, today, today.

Those are our tips, those are our tips, those are our tips, those are our tips, today, today, today, today.

Ugh.

• Love 4

Jeff Rosson calling out service animals on planes...look I get people can abuse the system, as any system can get abused. But he just comes across as an insensitive asshat about this. Not that he doesn't sound like an asshat all the time, but this one just seemed a bit too far?

• Love 1

They sit & banter & waste time, but when there is a guest who does crafts or food they rush them through. Martha Stewart said a little crankily "there's not enough time for crafts", & I would have to agree.

Yeah I'm getting a little tired of the thirty second recipe segments. Still, if they spent too much time on the recipes then they wouldn't have enough time for endless rehashings of the Steve Harvey incident, or the Lauer/Ellen 'prank war', or talking over each other constantly, or any of the other things they think we all enjoy so much.

• Love 3

And yet, i can't get into any of the other morning shows. I've been watching Today since the Gumble/Pauley days. I can't seem to break the habit.

Speaking of which, I wanted to bring up this opening of Today from Mon. Jan. 4, 1982 (the first day of Bryant's run [bryant having recently come off NBC's Sunday NFL coverage of 1981]). It was very low-key and classy, and the screaming crowds were a long way away. I also recall writing on the TWOP forum that the studio design as presented in this opening was my favorite of all the studio designs that Today had in its long, 50+ year history, and I stand by that opinion even today (no pun intended). It even began with a shot of the Chicago skyline. 

Edited by bmasters9

I gotta admit those Ambush Makeovers are amazing. It's blows my mind how we go through our lives thinking we look good and always hope a haircut, makeup or new clothes will help. Somehow when you do it yourself the results are mixed but the Ambush Makeovers always knock it out of the park. They need to do a whole hour of theses. I'd watch.

Get a head start, get a head start, get a head start, get a head start, today, today, today, today.

Those are our tips, those are our tips, those are our tips, those are our tips, today, today, today, today.

Ugh.

They didn't have that nonsense back in 1982, or before that, for that matter. 

It's amazing they had the Chicago skyline- it seems such a New York- centric show now.

And the screaming crowds we see every morning bear quite a sad witness to that. Also, this was from the time when Today showed a scene from a random place in America every morning; another example of this is from this Today segment from 1979 about a short-lived NBC series called Supertrain (skyline of Houston, TX at the beginning of this clip):

Edited by bmasters9

Also, that so-called 'body-language' expert? First, on the Today Show website she is described as reading the body language of "Trump and other candidates", so there's that for a start. Then the segment itself - Hilary is "imploding" because she gave a shrug, but Trump is a creative thinker who thinks outside the box and is a great negotiator? Fuck you, Today Show. Seriously - fuck you.

• Love 7

Also, that so-called 'body-language' expert? First, on the Today Show website she is described as reading the body language of "Trump and other candidates", so there's that for a start. Then the segment itself - Hilary is "imploding" because she gave a shrug, but Trump is a creative thinker who thinks outside the box and is a great negotiator? Fuck you, Today Show. Seriously - fuck you.

Right now, I believe very seriously that Today is as bad as FOX and Friends, maybe worse!

Edited by bmasters9
  • Love 3

Wasting time is their favorite thing to do!

My most hated is the "Friday's Fishbowl". When did they become the news? Who really cares what Al's favorite dinner is or Savannah's favorite color? The same with their daily music picks. I can't hear them & really don't care what music they like.

"Then after all of our bantering, we're short on time so lets rush our guests through & tell people to go online to see the rest."

Edited by Mrsjumbo
  • Love 1

Exactly. I miss the days when cooking segments were actually long enough to be informative and neat to watch. Now all the guests and anchors sound like auctioneers barreling through their talking points and instructions. It's so frantic that they never actually finish steps they just sort of stir a bowl and then onto the finished product! They're trying so hard to appeal to the "younger generations" that even us "younger generations" (I just turned 25) couldn't care less of these stupid banter segments. 

• Love 8

Ugh, that horrible bro-country band they had on yesterday; how many cliches can they stuff into one song? Let's see: Boots, camo hat, drivin' mah truck, country girl, ragged ol' barn my grandpa built, little white church, dirt road...I bet Hoda loves that song.

• Love 2

This "Natalie interns at Cosmo" is so scripted and cringeworthy why are we wasting time on it? 

Exactly. I enjoyed Al's segment. The other anchors acted silly even though hearing more about the jobs would have been interesting.

I would like to see them intern as a trash collector or restaurant dish washer and actually work.

• Love 4

I knew I shouldn't have watched but Trump is so full of shit.  Of course, he knows that that gesture is offensive.  I really wish they would have pointed out that his son in law's father is the child of Holocaust survivors so what he is doing is even more offensive considering that.  And, also, since his own daughter and grandchildren are Jewish.  

• Love 3

What's the point?  Trump would have been deliberately obtuse and gave a non-answer like he always does.  I think it's better to show the audience his words and his actions and let them speak for themselves cause he sure the hell ain't explaining anything.

• Love 4

I hate attending weddings and watching them on TV, oh god no.  BUT  I love choosing the couple (my choice won) and the dress etc!  So yay that this is back.  

• Love 1

Exactly. I miss the days when cooking segments were actually long enough to be informative and neat to watch. Now all the guests and anchors sound like auctioneers barreling through their talking points and instructions. It's so frantic that they never actually finish steps they just sort of stir a bowl and then onto the finished product! They're trying so hard to appeal to the "younger generations" that even us "younger generations" (I just turned 25) couldn't care less of these stupid banter segments. 

I agree!  How about a long segment and skip the penne pie shit.  Really Kathy Lee, really?   I truly believe there is not one viewer who  cannot make a baked pasta dish.  And I also believe that most never do because it isn't that good!  

I am so sick and tired of these idiots sitting around the table talking over each other.  You can't even make out what they're saying sometimes.  It's as if they've forgotten they actually have an audience watching.

• Love 2

And not just talking over one another- it seems they are trying hard to think of one- liners to blurt out- Savannah & Al esp do this- and there is laughter drowning out the person who is actually trying to read the prompter.

• Love 3

Today mulls changes to Today's third hour

Reportedly the show is thinking of revamping the third hour by dumping some, or all, of the current co-hosts and replacing them with Billy Bush.  Today wants that hour to be "lighter" so they can compete more with Kelly & Micheal.  The article also mentions rumors that Willie is slated to host a more serious, CBS Sunday Morning-like, Sunday edition of the Today Show to compliment Meet the Press.

• Love 1

Today mulls changes to Today's third hour

Reportedly the show is thinking of revamping the third hour by dumping some, or all, of the current co-hosts and replacing them with Billy Bush.  Today wants that hour to be "lighter" so they can compete more with Kelly & Micheal.  The article also mentions rumors that Willie is slated to host a more serious, CBS Sunday Morning-like, Sunday edition of the Today Show to compliment Meet the Press.

Finally.  They need to do something because Tamron, in particular, wasn't working for me.  She can go since she has the MSNBC gig.  It's gotten so bad that I stopped watching the 9:00 show and switched over to a local network show.  If Tamron is gone, maybe Al will stop acting stupid.  I don't mind Billy Bush.

• Love 2

Wish they would get rid of Savannah.

Would be glad to see Tamron go.

I'm one of the few that likes Natalie. And I think she works well with Al.

Segments I'd love to see go- any that focus on the hosts- their music picks, "Friday's fishbowl", watching them eat the guest chef's dish- like they would ever say they didn't like it?

I like Billy Bush.

I don't mind the weekend Today as it is but I do love CBS's Sunday Morning. What will they do with the current weekend hosts?

• Love 1

HAAAAAAAAATE Billy Bush.  The man is like fingernails on a chalkboard, and so full of himself.  If he comes in, I'm out like a flash.  As it is, I keep that hour on mute and tune in when something looks interesting.  They could lose Tamron; Willie is the winner of the bunch.  Just let him do that hour on his own.

• Love 5
I'm one of the few that likes Natalie. And I think she works well with Al.

She works well with Al but for some reason she loves to interrupt Willie.  If she'd stop doing that, I'd be fine with her.

• Love 1

In wake of the tragedy in Brussels, I find it disgusting that the Today Show is choosing to call in Donald Trump and let him spew his hateful BS. I hate that they keep calling him in for no reason. 

Well, Hillary Clinton called in first, so I think they were just trying to be fair and balanced.

Trump called into all three morning shows, including CBS This Morning after CBS publicly declined Trump calling in whenever he wants to like he does on every other network.  I don't know if Clinton called into all three, I just happened to unfortunately catch Trump while flipping through the Belgium terror coverage.

• Love 2

I was only watching Today, so that's why I know when Hillary called in.  She was the first one, then Kasich called.  I don't know when the other political candidates called, but I was just left thinking that it was too soon to be trying to make political hay out of a tragedy.  It went beyond just expressing condolences.

• Love 2

Actually, I meant to say Big Fat Greek Wedding crap, but it's crap nonetheless.  I always thought Nia Vardolas (sp) was kind of annoying anyway, so I hope it's the last we see of her and her crowd of loudmouths.  I saw the first movie but I certainly won't be seeing this one.

Actually, I meant to say Big Fat Greek Wedding crap, but it's crap nonetheless.  I always thought Nia Vardolas (sp) was kind of annoying anyway, so I hope it's the last we see of her and her crowd of loudmouths.  I saw the first movie but I certainly won't be seeing this one.

It was exactly the same thing last year when it was non-stop 50 Shades pimping. Also a Universal movie - what are the odds?

• Love 2