Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Naked Truth

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I think you mean "she is his wife." 

IMO I can't believe that any sane person would go on a reality show seriously thinking that they could find true love.  And this reality show isn't even on one of the "big four" networks.  It looks pretty low budget to me. 

As for her non profit, she always mentions it on her Twitter page.  Sure would be actors are human, but I doubt most of them would go on a reality show to find love.  If anything, they go on a reality show for their 15 minutes of fame. 

I wouldn't say this if this were a REAL experiment, but this show is about a real as a $3 bill.

As for Heather, I am more sure now that Derek tried to put the moves on her, on the honeymoon.  Heather wasn't having it because he's a stranger; I mean sure they're legally married, but why should Heather sleep with a guy she barely knows?  I think Heather is over the show and is only sticking around probably because of the contract she signed.  I knew she was done when they showed her going to work, right after saying she wanted a divorce.  I'm sure she's figured out this show is fake.

And....  Remember there was a snippet of Heather saying I don't want this to be a hookup right after the wedding night

• Love 2
2 hours ago, kira28 said:

Lily and Tom are cute but his reluctance to discuss the future worries me.  The fact that lily says he's afraid of commitment would send me running.  Not sure why he can't express his opinions on if he'd like children or what he hopes for in the future

Yet did he already say he wanted them in a past episode but he came off sounding like he wanted them sooner than she did?  So I wasn't understanding why this keeps getting brought up. I understand wanting to discuss the future but sometimes some of those things can wait and will just come up in every day conversations. Which in turn can change as the years go on as well. One day either of them could feel one way about something and the future then a year from that time feel different. 

1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

As far as the sex goes I think they agreed to keep it a secret & he didn't know whether she admitted it so he didn't go ahead with that. In that they both lied, to the experts & to the viewers. Whatever it's not my business, but they signed up to do this publicly so therefore lost a lot of right to privacy. Another point on that is they couldn't be helped as appropriately if they don't know exactly what's going on & when in the relationship, so they may have sabotaged themselves a bit there.

Some posters have mentioned this & I did notice too, how Nick is definitely looking more alive now. He's using actual facial expressions, & speaking real words - & pretty clearly I might add. I think he even smiled a few times, so the shell may be cracking, albeit a bit too late.

Was it weird to anyone else that Tom talked about breaking up with his ex because she wanted a future with him, & he said they had too many issues to talk future plans, yet right after he signs up for this show to commit to another woman he knows nothing about? Rather, odd, no? I'm just not sure about him. I do like that he cleans though.

6 minutes ago, amola said:

I don't for a second condone Nick's outburst but I think he is an introverted person who may have been pushed to the brink.  After seeing Unreal, which I know is fictional, and seeing how producers manipulate things and push participants, I'll cut him some slack.  

The only time we see Nick get this way is when he is drinking. He even made a comment about it at one point before as well. That is not a good sign. Still not buy he is introverted. I think he uses that and many other things as excuses for his behavior to get out of accepting his responsibilities for things. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he manipulated Sonia into keeping the sex a secret as well. I would think she would have blurted it out otherwise considering how she kept going on to the "experts" about it not happening. I think he has major issues with alcohol though at this point and with having a relationship at all. Oh btw, the one time I can think of where he might not have come of drunk and had expressions and was talking normal was in the ring store with his buddy. 

As for the Tom's past relationship...maybe there was issues he saw as signs that she wouldn't be a good mother or wife or both. We have no clue what the issues were that made him say let's hold off on these things. He said he moved there for her and they had been together 3 yrs. So at least I give him some credit for being in a relationship that long. He is the only one we have heard this stuff from too. What was Lily's longest relationship and why did it end? Same with the others. I would hope that maybe they discussed the issues he had with his ex so Lily would understand why that relationship didn't work out and for his feelings on marriage/kids with that person but it was just edited out. 

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Lion18 said:

And....  Remember there was a snippet of Heather saying I don't want this to be a hookup right after the wedding night

So, Sonia used to "act" before going into non-profit?  I can't see her acting with the way she talks with a question after each sentence.  Totally annoying.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, SuzyLee said:

For God's sake, how much crap are we expecting Sonia to swallow?!  She is on par with Mother Teresa if she takes that asshole back.  I know several women who would have knocked a couple of Nick's teeth out of his mouth if he'd dared to speak to them the way he did to Sonia last week.

I'm genuinely mad over here!  These "experts" are effing bananas. 

Thank you. People say she's annoying, she's fat, etc. Regardless of personal taste, she has done Nothing to deserve Nick's poor treatment of her. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I think you mean "she is his wife." 

IMO I can't believe that any sane person would go on a reality show seriously thinking that they could find true love.  And this reality show isn't even on one of the "big four" networks.  It looks pretty low budget to me. 

As for her non profit, she always mentions it on her Twitter page.  Sure would be actors are human, but I doubt most of them would go on a reality show to find love.  If anything, they go on a reality show for their 15 minutes of fame. 

I wouldn't say this if this were a REAL experiment, but this show is about a real as a $3 bill.

As for Heather, I am more sure now that Derek tried to put the moves on her, on the honeymoon.  Heather wasn't having it because he's a stranger; I mean sure they're legally married, but why should Heather sleep with a guy she barely knows?  I think Heather is over the show and is only sticking around probably because of the contract she signed.  I knew she was done when they showed her going to work, right after saying she wanted a divorce.  I'm sure she's figured out this show is fake.

Oops, thanks for pointing that out - I meant "He is her husband."

I would never do a reality show, and especially not MAFS, but I can actually imagine that some people might think that it could help them find their "perfect match" - especially if they don't know  much about the failures of the previous seasons.

I don't do Twitter, so I haven't seen Sonia's posts, but I don't think that mentioning her non profit, which, apparently, is for a really good cause and is not a money-making business, on Twitter is the same as trying to advertise your own business or a business you work at as a sales person. She doesn't benefit financially from it; if anything, the foster kids might benefit from a little publicity, and I have no problem with that.

I agree about Heather. It definitely sounded like Derek wanted to put the moves on her and she turned him down. I wonder how nasty he got after that.

2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Tom concerns me, & Lilly seems insecure. He seemed to me to gaslight her when she was expressing concern about him not wanting to discuss any future plans so he may want to leave her, so he told her she needs to work on her abandonment issues, or something like that? That really bothered me. I think she's right in that he has commitment issues & she has a right to be concerned, but she also can't worry about that all the time because there will never be ANY guarantee with anyone she is with that they will never leave, or hurt her enough so she may want to leave. It's just part of how people are unfortunately; we hurt each other. I feel for Lilly that way, but I hope she can get stronger to be able to handle whatever happens with whomever in her life.

Was it weird to anyone else that Tom talked about breaking up with his ex because she wanted a future with him, & he said they had too many issues to talk future plans, yet right after he signs up for this show to commit to another woman he knows nothing about? Rather, odd, no? I'm just not sure about him. I do like that he cleans though.

I noticed that about Tom, too. Instead of realizing that Lilly maybe has a point, he turned it around as if she was the one who had some issues she needs to work on. I don't understand why he can't tell her that he does want kids in the future, just not now. I think that's all she wants to hear; she doesn't want kids right away either, and in his TH he did say in a previous episode that he wants kids (though later he seemed much more negative about it). Did Lilly say what other things she wants to discuss with him about their future plans? I don't remember. I definitely don't blame her if she wants to find out whether or not this man she married wants to have children or not. They just need to talk about this in general terms; I don't think she wants to make detailed plans and a time table right now. (Maybe the other thing she wants to know is where they'll live... ;) ) If her concern is about Tom leaving her just because her father had left them (though she was already an adult when he did), then yes, she needs to realize that we can't worry all the time about what may or may not happen in the future.

And yes, Tom couldn't commit to his previous girlfriend, for whatever reasons, but then he went ahead and got married to a woman he'd never met. And he still has commitment issues, and I don't think he sees anything wrong with that.

In the beginning, I was afraid that he would be able to manipulate Lilly, because she's so young and she seems to want to please people, but I'm glad to see that she can actually stand up for herself and let Tom know of her needs. So hopefully he won't be able to gaslight her and manipulate her after all.

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

As for the Tom's past relationship...maybe there was issues he saw as signs that she wouldn't be a good mother or wife or both. We have no clue what the issues were that made him say let's hold off on these things. He said he moved there for her and they had been together 3 yrs. So at least I give him some credit for being in a relationship that long. He is the only one we have heard this stuff from too. What was Lily's longest relationship and why did it end? Same with the others. I would hope that maybe they discussed the issues he had with his ex so Lily would understand why that relationship didn't work out and for his feelings on marriage/kids with that person but it was just edited out. 

Lily's only 24, right? Not much time to have had a serious long term relationship - maybe one at most - at least for a more 'adult' relationship. She's also not too far removed from her father leaving which seems to be influencing her perspective on relationships.

Sure there could've been signs & red flags for Tom with his ex, but it took him 3 years, & apparently some pressure from the ex to move the relationship forward, for him to realize the red flags were too much & call it quits. So, I get Lily's concern to some extent, as he's barely known her for a month, so still plenty of time for him to find red flags & bolt on her as well. He wants to live in the moment as if they're dating, but they are married so I see her point in wanting an idea of where his head is at regarding the future - not to the day, as she said - just generally speaking, which I feel is reasonable of her. She is already saying she feels he has 'commitment issues' & hopes she can be a good enough wife for him. She seems very afraid of him leaving. Fear isn't a healthy base for any relationship.

But you know, it's reality TV so who knows but I'll of course be watching to see what happens.

• Love 2

About the only direct reference Heather made about the breakup was during her session with Rachel when she said: 
"It was too intense from him.  He couldn't see that starting from a place of friendship  and going slowly could be really great."

Everything else has been edited to vagueness.  Maybe Heather had to throw his scrawny ass off of her...whatever the cause they're keeping it on the down-low and Heather is  probably contractually gagged.  But it had to be something kind of serious for them to let her out before the six weeks are up.

Whatever the reason she's lucky to be out.  I mean, not only is Derek clueless but so are his friends.  (My dad always says birds of a feather flock together.) Gotta love the friend a couple weeks ago with the life-sized naked chick mural in his entryway and his other friend's comment this week in the pool hall about maybe hooking up with Heather's cousin/sister...ugh, disgusting.  All they lacked was the "bros before hos" toast. How is it possible these fine specimens are still single???  I'm sure Heather would've loved having them over for a dinner party.  Not.

• Love 10

Sonia lost all her credibility.  She's been complaining the whole time that she wanted more physical intimacy from Nick, when all along they were doing the nasty.

Exactly!  Was it before the Nick couldn't touch her heart or the tantric massage?

• Love 1
On 9/27/2016 at 10:05 PM, joyous said:

I think Sonia and Derek would have made a cute couple and Nick and Heather would have been perfect- definitely quiet house but perfect in their "Straight"ness

I think Nick in any marriage at this point will fail. The man has the maturity of a two year old. Anyone who thinks that because they were matched means that they don't have to work on their relationship, isn't ready for marriage. Heather might have left him before the honeymoon was over.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Vinyasa said:

Exactly!  Was it before the Nick couldn't touch her heart or the tantric massage?

I think they kept repeating the part where she said she wanted to be intimate with him.

They probably both decided to keep their sex life private or maybe she was not comfortable with the world knowing. I don't really like Nick at this point but I have to admit his reason for not spilling about their sex life was sweet. But I have a lot of doubts on whether they stay together, it seems like its just over since he keeps bringing up the need for them to start over their friendship and build a friendship...not really bringing up the prospect of a future. Poor Sonia, but I am glad she did not move back in right after his apology maybe she sees the bullshit in it and said she accepts it to look like a good person. 

• Love 2

I am suspect of producer motives... I mean they film hours and hours and they show us only the same conflicts....nothing about the relationship growing.  

I would rather see more of Nick and Sonia at Home Depot, etc... that was more interesting to me than a fight being replayed over and over.  If we saw the fight once, we saw it.  They want to drill it into our heads....THEY HAD A FIGHT.  

Love how Tom cleans the place up.

• Love 9

These experts truly annoy me with the " we thought they would be a good match because they are opposite personalities and can balance each other out". How about you match two people because they are NOT opposite and have A LOT in common. Their "opposite" matches have not been working for them season after season. Also, I think both nick and sonia are checked out, but there was no way producers are letting 2 out of 3 couples end their marriage before the end of the show. No one in their right mind can get over how nick treated her.. and nick certainly isn't looking to go beyond a "friendship" as he keeps saying 786889 times 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Paddywagon said:

Me too.  I didn't know you could get a discount if the bag has a hole in it!

How can they know if it wasn't you who decided to make that hole to get the discount lol

I agree that the Home depot scenes were something different and I enjoyed seeing that side of both of them. I rather see them doing regular things aka home depot and not them fighting about the same thing. Producers are just annoying lol

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Paddywagon said:

Me too.  I didn't know you could get a discount if the bag has a hole in it!

Many pet stores discount slashed bags of food , too...Moving right along, I think I've had enough of MAFS....last night was as good as watching paint peel. I can't get into any of the couples at this point.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

It was very refreshing and pleasantly surprising to hear Tom talk about his past relationship.  I always wonder why we never hear them talking about anything much, like what was good or bad about their past relationships, dating histories, dreams for their futures, how often they balance their checkbooks, volunteer work they do (or not), and all kinds of things you'd expect people to talk about when they are getting to know each other.  It's weird.   They don't even do regular cocktail party chatter - where was your last vacation, where would you like to go next, do you like dancing/sci-fi/concerts/sky-diving/budding novelist/favorite movies/whatever?

It's like Nick not knowing what is meant when he's asked to open up.  Dude, talk about yourself!  Most people LOVE talking about themselves and often have trouble shutting up! 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, izabella said:

It was very refreshing and pleasantly surprising to hear Tom talk about his past relationship.  I always wonder why we never hear them talking about anything much, like what was good or bad about their past relationships, dating histories, dreams for their futures, how often they balance their checkbooks, volunteer work they do (or not), and all kinds of things you'd expect people to talk about when they are getting to know each other.  It's weird.   They don't even do regular cocktail party chatter - where was your last vacation, where would you like to go next, do you like dancing/sci-fi/concerts/sky-diving/budding novelist/favorite movies/whatever?

I would've preferred to hear those kinds of conversations as well, especially as opposed to stuff like the 'what superpower would you want to have' question Derek & Heather were discussing, which I felt was silly (my opinion). In terms of interactions, they only seem to show nonsense, yawners, or fights (& repeat the same things over & over again).

1 hour ago, izabella said:

It's like Nick not knowing what is meant when he's asked to open up.  Dude, talk about yourself!  Most people LOVE talking about themselves and often have trouble shutting up! 

Most do, but many don't; he may be one who does not. However, again, his personality type (bad behaviors aside), was not appropriate for a show like this.

• Love 3

They probably both decided to keep their sex life private or maybe she was not comfortable with the world knowing. I don't really like Nick at this point but I have to admit his reason for not spilling about their sex life was sweet.

Sorry, but they decided to go on this show and get married so they don't get to pick and chose what to be truthful about.  They lied to the experts, who were also repeating their tales.

They acted like Craigslist roommates, repeatedly said they didn't have sex, and were afraid to touch each (heck even Sean and Davina were all over each other at one point).

How can we believe anything that they say now?

• Love 4

Are they obligated to share with the public they had sex?  

And the producers are showing the clips taped at the same time of Sonia each week to make it seem like she is complaining all the time about the lack of intimacy.  (notice how she is always wearing the same thing)  That is not their fault.  

Is next week the last episode?

• Love 6
9 hours ago, izabella said:

7 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Most do, but many don't; he may be one who does not. However, again, his personality type (bad behaviors aside), was not appropriate for a show like this.

I think Nick would love to talk about himself to the right person and if the right questions were asked. Such as if one was to ask about his shirts or his rentals. I bet he would be VERY open on those topics. I wouldn't be surprised if he was on other things as well but the fact is he is not on this show for the right reasons and doesn't want to get to know Sonia even as a friend from how he is coming off. If it was the case they could have had plenty of conversations like friends would about anything and everything. 

Maybe the "experts" should be giving these people a checklist of questions to ask that have nothing to do with sex but getting to know each other. Its what should have been done all along instead of that stupid fishbowl of sex questions or the Mr and Mrs game (which was the fishbowl without the bowl). 

4 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

Are they obligated to share with the public they had sex?  

And the producers are showing the clips taped at the same time of Sonia each week to make it seem like she is complaining all the time about the lack of intimacy.  (notice how she is always wearing the same thing)  That is not their fault.  

Is next week the last episode?

I don't know if they are BUT they shouldn't have been lying about nothing going on and no contact and acting like there was nothing happening. They could have left it as they cuddled from time to time and kiss a lot or something but even when they sit together you could see they have nothing there between the 2 of them. Nick makes sure to not sit to close to her. I honestly wish this show would quit trying to treat all of us watching this, as if we are stupid and don't notice when they are reusing clips. You can't tell me they don't have enough footage to fill in the show and fill us in more on what is really going on at times with these couples. The editing has just been so horrible though with this show. I know they might not have a huge budget but come on, find decent people that will edit it well instead of slapping and pasting crap together like a preschooler. 

And sadly this is not the last episode coming up. I can't imagine we have much more to go though. 

• Love 5
On 9/29/2016 at 6:27 AM, Jellybeans said:

I am suspect of producer motives... I mean they film hours and hours and they show us only the same conflicts....nothing about the relationship growing.  

I would rather see more of Nick and Sonia at Home Depot, etc... that was more interesting to me than a fight being replayed over and over.  If we saw the fight once, we saw it.  They want to drill it into our heads....THEY HAD A FIGHT.  

Love how Tom cleans the place up.

I don't think they film this much.  It is a low budget production and I think they set up the scenes they film.  They ask about the issues they are having and film that ad nauseam.    HD was set up as are other "normal" moments.  Why would they choose to go to HD to buy things for an apartment/houise they will only inhabit for a few weeks.  

No one wants to do this show.  They are cast through a central agency from a group of people who wanted to be on a dating show but accepted this one rather that nothing.  Last season the black man (don't remember his name) told his wife that he did not sign on to get married, he wanted a dating show.  I was shocked they aired that.  

Two house guests from Big Brother this season were offered BB yet both had applied to go on the Bachelor.  Another two wanted to be on a reality show and were offered BB but neither knew anything about it.   I think one wanted Survivor.  

Bull shit on scientifically matched.   Reality is the biggest money maker for networks.  That is why this ridiculous show exists, nothing more.  

• Love 3

So tired of Heather and D.  Especially her saying she has to be "True to Herself".  Previously stating she also knew what she wanted in a husband.  Don't think she gave this any chance.  Even her friend said she cuts people off too soon.  D probably did something she didn't like and that was that.  Evan when he mentioned he liked to gamble ( as they drove by a casino) her lips turned down.  No need to show this couple at all any more

• Love 1
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

I don't think they film this much.  It is a low budget production and I think they set up the scenes they film.  They ask about the issues they are having and film that ad nauseam.    HD was set up as are other "normal" moments.  Why would they choose to go to HD to buy things for an apartment/houise they will only inhabit for a few weeks. 

I think the participants said before that the crew are always there, following them around, and it's hard to get any privacy. I forget which couple it was (could have been Sean and Davina?) who said that they had gotten into the hot tub in their hotel room to get away from the crew and that's where they ate and talked. Does that sound familiar? I have this impression that somebody had said that. If that's the case, then they do have hours and hours or footage, it's just that the editors decide which parts to show us.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I would've preferred to hear those kinds of conversations as well, especially as opposed to stuff like the 'what superpower would you want to have' question Derek & Heather were discussing, which I felt was silly (my opinion). In terms of interactions, they only seem to show nonsense, yawners, or fights (& repeat the same things over & over again).

I think the best way to go would be some serious questions mixed in with the lighter, silly ones.  The silly ones can tell you a lot about somebody too.  

But yes, they don't show us much of basic things like last relationships, last vacations, etc.  It's like the couples are expected to be off on their own islands where all they talk about is stuff they are going to disagree about.

1 hour ago, stuckin60s said:

So tired of Heather and D.  Especially her saying she has to be "True to Herself".  Previously stating she also knew what she wanted in a husband.  Don't think she gave this any chance.  Even her friend said she cuts people off too soon.  D probably did something she didn't like and that was that.  Evan when he mentioned he liked to gamble ( as they drove by a casino) her lips turned down.  No need to show this couple at all any more

Yes.  You can be true to yourself but you also made a commitment to the "experiment."  So honor your commitment unless your partner has done something so offensive that you cannot continue.   And if that's the case, either let us in on it or cut all of their scenes entirely and go with another couple. 

46 minutes ago, BunnySlippers said:

I think the participants said before that the crew are always there, following them around, and it's hard to get any privacy. I forget which couple it was (could have been Sean and Davina?) who said that they had gotten into the hot tub in their hotel room to get away from the crew and that's where they ate and talked. Does that sound familiar? I have this impression that somebody had said that. If that's the case, then they do have hours and hours or footage, it's just that the editors decide which parts to show us.

That was (surprisingly) Ashley and David from last season. 

And yes, MAFS has an agenda and they elect what narrative(s) they are going to show.

Edited by psychoticstate
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

That was (surprisingly) Ashley and David from last season. 

And yes, MAFS has an agenda and they elect what narrative(s) they are going to show.

Oh, yes! You're right; it was Ashley and David - and yes, surprisingly! :D

• Love 1

They may have hours of hand-holding on tape but they think it is a better story to show us the early tape of Sonia complaining about the lack of intimacy over and over again weeks later. 

I wish they would do REALity TV.  It would be far more interesting.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, wings707 said:

No one wants to do this show.  They are cast through a central agency from a group of people who wanted to be on a dating show but accepted this one rather that nothing.  Last season the black man (don't remember his name) told his wife that he did not sign on to get married, he wanted a dating show.  I was shocked they aired that.  

Two house guests from Big Brother this season were offered BB yet both had applied to go on the Bachelor.  Another two wanted to be on a reality show and were offered BB but neither knew anything about it.   I think one wanted Survivor.  

Bull shit on scientifically matched.   Reality is the biggest money maker for networks.  That is why this ridiculous show exists, nothing more.  

4 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

I think the Home Depot purchases were for Nick's vacation rentals and Sonia helped.

Agree about Heather. I was done with her after the gambling that did not happen. 

Tres from last season was picked up from Tinder and we have Tom this season openly admitting he was picked from FB. Both lured to whatever interviews by being told it was for a "dating show". Then once told its more its up to those to decide to stay or not. Yet when this is how you are going about finding men (heck maybe some women too) its not going to be a great pick of people. 

Nick and Sonia where buying stuff for his rental I took it which they live in. I thought it was a stupid scene myself considering everything and how its for his business. I am glad we didn't have to see more of it. 

As far Heather and Derek, with how the editing is on this show and we we have only been given off of them (which is very little) we have no clue if they went gambling (or he did/wanted too) or anything else really that might have been said during that conversation. As well as many other things that went on. Obviously it was enough to make her not be talked into sticking the crap marriage out like they wanted her too. So to me if she wanted to end it after a few days that says something was up...and more so when its not being discussed and brought out. The way this show is edited is just so crappy. Its where you end up having to look at it and ask what happened that we are missing in this situation. They have more than enough footage as well that they do not have to keep showing us repeated THs and "recaps" of crap that went down before. Its becoming such a joke with how bad it is. I get low budget but that is not an excuse for the crap editing done and not really telling the "stories" of these couples. If something is so bad to let one split then end there time already. Stop pushing them on each other and on us watching. Just let them out of doing the damn filming because no one cares at that point. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the next season is the last. Heck I am surprised this show lasted this long really because of this stuff.

On 9/29/2016 at 4:39 PM, Vinyasa said:

Sorry, but they decided to go on this show and get married so they don't get to pick and chose what to be truthful about.  They lied to the experts, who were also repeating their tales.

They acted like Craigslist roommates, repeatedly said they didn't have sex, and were afraid to touch each (heck even Sean and Davina were all over each other at one point).

How can we believe anything that they say now?

blah blah blah--they are on a tv show where the main curiousity, lets face it is how you deal with marrying a STRANGER and if they sleep together...the show is on national tv for gods sake--and they both decide to lie about it?? it did make for a great reveal moment but seriously folks....they shouldnt have lied and while noone can force them to discuss their sex life I think going on a show of this nature sort of requires it? You dont kiss and tell? fab! dont go on a tv show like this!!

2 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

Tres from last season was picked up from Tinder and we have Tom this season openly admitting he was picked from FB. Both lured to whatever interviews by being told it was for a "dating show". Then once told its more its up to those to decide to stay or not. Yet when this is how you are going about finding men (heck maybe some women too) its not going to be a great pick of people. 

Nick and Sonia where buying stuff for his rental I took it which they live in. I thought it was a stupid scene myself considering everything and how its for his business. I am glad we didn't have to see more of it. 

As far Heather and Derek, with how the editing is on this show and we we have only been given off of them (which is very little) we have no clue if they went gambling (or he did/wanted too) or anything else really that might have been said during that conversation. As well as many other things that went on. Obviously it was enough to make her not be talked into sticking the crap marriage out like they wanted her too. So to me if she wanted to end it after a few days that says something was up...and more so when its not being discussed and brought out. The way this show is edited is just so crappy. Its where you end up having to look at it and ask what happened that we are missing in this situation. They have more than enough footage as well that they do not have to keep showing us repeated THs and "recaps" of crap that went down before. Its becoming such a joke with how bad it is. I get low budget but that is not an excuse for the crap editing done and not really telling the "stories" of these couples. If something is so bad to let one split then end there time already. Stop pushing them on each other and on us watching. Just let them out of doing the damn filming because no one cares at that point. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the next season is the last. Heck I am surprised this show lasted this long really because of this stuff.

how was he found off facebook? I did not know that..

• Love 1

Well, f I were on this show (like it would never happen) I would lie about as lot of stuff, I bet a lot of what we see is made for TV producer instruction.  This show is almost trying to make them all look bad, why should they have to embarrass themselves anymore?  I would lie about sex, I would lie about money, heck, I might even lie about my education and job! I am a TV character, take me as I pretend to be.  If the contract is intrusive in your life, then you have every right to lie. after all, this is not like these are real people, with families or anything.  

And I would be proud of lying about things, All you are is what the editors paint you as, so don't give them anything to paint you as you really are, flaws and all. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

blah blah blah--they are on a tv show where the main curiousity, lets face it is how you deal with marrying a STRANGER and if they sleep together...the show is on national tv for gods sake--and they both decide to lie about it?? it did make for a great reveal moment but seriously folks....they shouldnt have lied and while noone can force them to discuss their sex life I think going on a show of this nature sort of requires it? You dont kiss and tell? fab! dont go on a tv show like this!!

how was he found off facebook? I did not know that..

I guess they search dating sites/apps and SM to find men for this show. I am not sure how they look for ones exactly that way but he said it in an interview either shortly before the show started or it was shortly after. Sorry can't remember but he was open about it. 

9 minutes ago, holly4755 said:

Well, f I were on this show (like it would never happen) I would lie about as lot of stuff, I bet a lot of what we see is made for TV producer instruction.  This show is almost trying to make them all look bad, why should they have to embarrass themselves anymore?  I would lie about sex, I would lie about money, heck, I might even lie about my education and job! I am a TV character, take me as I pretend to be.  If the contract is intrusive in your life, then you have every right to lie. after all, this is not like these are real people, with families or anything.  

And I would be proud of lying about things, All you are is what the editors paint you as, so don't give them anything to paint you as you really are, flaws and all. 

Then who is to say the show couldn't turn around after finding out you have lied about everything and sue you for being a fraud? With this day and age if you are on ANY SM or your name pops up in searches people will dig up things that watch these shows and put it out there how fake one is for the lies they have told. Its a great way to turn a big majority of viewers on an SM rage over it and towards oneself. These people are obviously made to set up SM accts for the show. Which I will leave it at that because I don't want to say more than I should on that part of it here. I would never do such shows when I was single or any reality show at all but to go and lie about everything would just not look go for the person once it came out. I don't think lying about things is something to ever be proud of. Yet I do think certain info (incomes, debt) can be talked about without us hearing it. There are certain topics that if its discussed should be not be on camera and some that should but never seem to be. It seems that some with these shows want you to know what their jobs are so they can see it to you and hope you will come buying whatever it is they have. Which I wish they would have stopped that from the get go on the show and on other places with the show. And when it comes to sex, there could be ways to get around that without telling you had done it but without lying that nothing at all is going on. I think if these "experts" thought the couples were leaning towards that direction they would back off on asking so much.....maybe. Of course the couples could just say its none of your damn business and to back off. LOL 

Oh, and one more thing: again, the experts paired these two to "help" each other! Groan.

This is what drives me nuts, too.  The whole presumption is that they need someone to "complete them".  They put complete personality opposites together and expect something that's totally impossible to happen in 6 weeks.  And putting poor insecure Sonia with overly introverted Nick was just cruel.  She's a beautiful, lively, intelligent woman who deserves to be with someone who would shower her with affection after sex.  That she said she feels "dirty" is heartbreaking.

• Love 5
On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 9:22 AM, bichonblitz said:

Tom sitting on the beach telling Lily he has big, dirty, hairy feet and nothing is ever gonna change that. WTF? You can't make this stuff up, folks.  

I know - right?!?  I was sitting on the couch watching this alone and said to him... well damn - wash your feet.  So strange that they keep fixating on his feet. 

PS  It is such a shame the people on this show can't hear all my helpful suggestions and comments!  Ha! 

• Love 4
On 9/27/2016 at 11:24 PM, ChristmasJones said:

I thought it was interesting that Heather was "allowed" to even hint about Derek expecting something physical early on and that being a source of their problems. I wonder if that was an even bigger problem for her than the smoking- and they edited her comments about smoking and the one comment about gambling in order to distract the audience from the sex issue.

At this point I trust NOTHING that I see on this show.  Why couldn't they just be honest with us and show us what really happens with these folks good bad or ugly???  It would be so much better!

YES! I picked up on that, too.  She used the word intimate....not affectionate.  I think Derek pressed the issue too strongly (perhaps after smoking) and that was the major issue.  And Derek is still throwing jabs at her....more subtle, but he's doing it just the same.  Even criticizing the letter she sent him.  I don't blame Heather one bit for protecting herself.  Maybe she actually felt physically in danger from him. Something bad happened. He always acted like "we're married, let's have sex".   that would have been overwhelming, especially with the smoking.

btw, it's interesting that Sonia kind of likes the dogs now.  So Sonia, run from Nick and get yourself a nice little foo-foo dog....total unconditional love without the hassle.

• Love 7

I also think that Derek somehow crossed a line with Heather and wanted to go to the next level sooner than she wanted.  However, I also don't think she was into him that much from the beginning - so, he would have had a very long wait.  It is kind of sad for both of them and at the same time I think they are better off going their separate ways. 

I don't personally have a lot of "world experience" - one marriage a long time ago - etc...  But, it is really hard for me to see how healthy young people like this can share a bed for crying out loud without wanting to do more than sleep.  Wouldn't you have to be totally turned off by somebody to not want more?  After all, they signed up to get married and to most people that includes a sexually intimate relationship.  It's not like they went camping with a cousin and had to share a tent and make the best of it. 

But then - the whole concept - the whole "experiment" is bogus. 

22 minutes ago, LazyToaster said:

I also think that Derek somehow crossed a line with Heather and wanted to go to the next level sooner than she wanted.  However, I also don't think she was into him that much from the beginning - so, he would have had a very long wait.  It is kind of sad for both of them and at the same time I think they are better off going their separate ways. 

I don't personally have a lot of "world experience" - one marriage a long time ago - etc...  But, it is really hard for me to see how healthy young people like this can share a bed for crying out loud without wanting to do more than sleep.  Wouldn't you have to be totally turned off by somebody to not want more?  After all, they signed up to get married and to most people that includes a sexually intimate relationship.  It's not like they went camping with a cousin and had to share a tent and make the best of it. 

But then - the whole concept - the whole "experiment" is bogus. 

Not necessarily totally turned off, but maybe just not attracted yet. And maybe they're not into casual sex or sex with someone they don't know well. The show harps incessantly on the fact that these people are strangers, and some people aren't comfortable having sex with strangers. I've had my share of casual sex in the past but am not interested in doing that now. This season, neither of the sexually active couples waited what I would consider particularly long - days/weeks. Heather and Derek went bad on day two, and I don't think any of the couples in the two seasons I've seen had sex on day two.

12 hours ago, holly4755 said:

I wouldn't lie but I would keep stuff off TV, which is reason number whatever that I wouldn't do this show - I'm a private person. (The only reality show I would do is The Amazing Race for the free travel.) We would absolutely have a candid finances discussion, but we would be writing stuff down and exchanging papers. As I said on the money episode thread, my husband is entitled to my financial information but the rest of the viewing public is not.

• Love 4

oh,I might spend some time with a lawyer to see what I could or could not say and if I couldn't lie, I just wouldn't say. I really don't blame people for misrepresenting themselves, who the heck knows how they have represented themselves to family who push them to succeed or not have tso much debt,  Years ago I had a friend who found herself 40 K in debt just because she loved to travel (college was virtually free in the 60's) and always thought she would get a better paying job to get out of debt, she ended up never traveling again because she had to pay down the debt, Her family thought she was rich for traveling so much, even got engaged to a European man who she traveled to see. That didn't work out.  So why should the public have a right to know how much any of these people really make or what their job is (I believe we have spoken about people exaggerating their jobs on this show already).  They are just characters in a play, if it works out for them great. I don't think there is one person on this show who has not told 100% accurate truth as it is. I do hope behind closed doors and when the cameras leave at night, they can really talk though. I don't think they have to sleep in the same bed.  And yes, I laughed last week when Tom started to wonder what was going on when they changed the guest sheets - guess he doesn't sleep alone, seemed he was afraid he was going to have to, heh. 

Look naked means multiple things in the title,  people who are naked to each other and people who are exposed to the public, each in their own ways.  Derek and heather are continually exposed to each other, and they don't want to be, but a contract is a contract, sigh.  Tom and Lily are naked with each other in play and in bed. Sonia got hurt and exposed Nick in a way to get even I think by ripping off his fake mask.  It exposes both of them in reality.  I can't believe there are 3 more shows.

Interesting that both Derek and Heather are running around with supposedly carefully thought out, treasured letters from each other written on lined paper ripped from a spiral notebook.  MAFS producers couldn't even supply them with stationery?

If the show has hours and hours of video to chose from, odd how many scenes are repeated ad nauseous...the conflict that emerges is really tedious and uninteresting.  

The best part of the show is this forum!  Thanks all for the great commentary!

• Love 3
On September 28, 2016 at 7:22 PM, Evil Queen said:

The only time we see Nick get this way is when he is drinking. He even made a comment about it at one point before as well. That is not a good sign. Still not buy he is introverted. I think he uses that and many other things as excuses for his behavior to get out of accepting his responsibilities for things. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he manipulated Sonia into keeping the sex a secret as well. I would think she would have blurted it out otherwise considering how she kept going on to the "experts" about it not happening. I think he has major issues with alcohol though at this point and with having a relationship at all. Oh btw, the one time I can think of where he might not have come of drunk and had expressions and was talking normal was in the ring store with his buddy. 

I think this is giving Nick too much credit.  I know plenty of shy people who "open up" when drinking, it's not pretty but it happens.  I also don't think Nick is this huge manipulator, or Sonia is this huge victim, not buying it.

• Love 3

I like Sonia, I think she has a good soul. I hope she is careful about trusting Nick. Maybe he is not a bad person, but he is a person that hurts deeply when he is upset, then his apology skirts on sincerity.  In a way he is like Derek in not taking responsibility for his part in a relationship.  If you watch their scenes, Sonia looks like she is cautious and Nick looks like he doesn't care.

• Love 2
On September 28, 2016 at 8:38 PM, Paddywagon said:

his other friend's comment this week in the pool hall about maybe hooking up with Heather's cousin/sister

Even Derek looked embarrassed by his friend being so gross in front of the camera. You could see him clench a little, like, "Not in front of company, bro!"

On October 1, 2016 at 5:44 PM, holly4755 said:

oh,I might spend some time with a lawyer to see what I could or could not say and if I couldn't lie, I just wouldn't say. I really don't blame people for misrepresenting themselves, who the heck knows how they have represented themselves to family who push them to succeed or not have tso much debt,  Years ago I had a friend who found herself 40 K in debt just because she loved to travel (college was virtually free in the 60's) and always thought she would get a better paying job to get out of debt, she ended up never traveling again because she had to pay down the debt, Her family thought she was rich for traveling so much, even got engaged to a European man who she traveled to see. That didn't work out.  So why should the public have a right to know how much any of these people really make or what their job is (I believe we have spoken about people exaggerating their jobs on this show already).  They are just characters in a play, if it works out for them great. I don't think there is one person on this show who has not told 100% accurate truth as it is. I do hope behind closed doors and when the cameras leave at night, they can really talk though. I don't think they have to sleep in the same bed.  And yes, I laughed last week when Tom started to wonder what was going on when they changed the guest sheets - guess he doesn't sleep alone, seemed he was afraid he was going to have to, heh. 

Look naked means multiple things in the title,  people who are naked to each other and people who are exposed to the public, each in their own ways.  Derek and heather are continually exposed to each other, and they don't want to be, but a contract is a contract, sigh.  Tom and Lily are naked with each other in play and in bed. Sonia got hurt and exposed Nick in a way to get even I think by ripping off his fake mask.  It exposes both of them in reality.  I can't believe there are 3 more shows.

Yeah .. 3 more shows to go.  What the heck are they going to show?  DR. Peppercorn and the Pastor giving advice that anyone with half a brain knows already?  Probably more flashbacks and shots of Nick being nice.  What a farce.

I legit felt like I had been beaten about the head while watching this.  

Nick? This jerk doesn't care how unlikable he is and does nothing to change it so that tells me that he didn't enter into this with any type of true conviction about marriage. He either wanted to see himself on television or wants to use this experience to spring board something else. Those sunglasses on the back of his neck just might be the douchiest looking thing I've ever seen a man do in the name of convenience.  I have zero respect for the comments he made about Sonia. Even removing the wife part, you just don't speak about someone that way when they're sitting there listening. Plus? He's a lying liarface who lied about what he actually said to/about Sonia. He's done. Get him off my television.

Derek? I am so tired of how he walks around with his shoulders rounded and a woe is me look on his face. Dude, you gave as good as you got and you need to let. it. go. I don't find him to be the genuine article either. I'm tired of his kicked puppy schtick. I don't like Heather AT ALL but any compassion I felt for Derek after being paired with Robot Flier Barbie has gone right out the window.

Now, Tom? He makes little alarm bells go off in my head. He's too charming and has the whole 'say the right thing' working for him. I *hate* the way he juts his chin out when he's looking at or talking to Lily. It makes his eyes squint like he's looking DOWN at her. I don't trust anyone who can't look at me in the eye withing tilting their head, poking out their chin, or squinting at me. I don't want to say sleazeball in reference to Tom because that's totally unfair, but there's a sleazy quality I see in him in that he talks in circles without really committing to the conversation. I've seen salespeople do it. You ask a direct question and they divert your attention to another feature. It's like he's trying to sell himself as this perfect, great, romantic, helpful, invested, and awesome guy but when you scratch the surface you see some rust and damage. I REALLY like Lily. I think she is so beautiful. She reminds me of Sara Ramirez from Grey's Anatomy.  (I'll attach a photo to show the resemblance. I had to research it to see if they were sisters.)  I just don't think Tom looks at Lily in terms of forever. It's almost like she is his new project/yacht renovation and he can't see past the point of completing it and getting paid.  He's the type of guy, imho, who wakes up ten years down the road and is still doing the same exact thing he's always done . . . but then bitches because he's stuck in a rut.

Sorry, I'm super wordy. This episode pissed in my cheerios and I'm not happy about it. :)

twins.jpg

• Love 3

Sometimes I think Tom comes across as disingenuous because they're staging a lot of his discussions with Lily.  I think his words might start out as real feelings but maybe they shoot the same scene over and over to get just the right amount of DRAmuh and it kinda takes all the feeling out of it and his words come out as robotic and fake.  Sometimes he has such a blank look on his face it reminds me of a lousy actor trying to remember his lines. Something's up with him but I don't think he's a bad guy, I think it might be too much producer manipulation.

Lily is young but she's not dumb and I think after a few weeks she'd pick up on fakeness pretty quickly. Women have a good sense for bad vibes but she seems genuinely ok with him and never mentions anything is amiss.  So I think he's an ok guy, just a horrible actor when doing repeat scenes.

They may be grooming Tom and Lily for The First Year show, (which is so scripted it's not even watchable).

• Love 4