Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Patricia Winstead backed out of her driveway into Russell Towne's car as he was driving up the street.

Both litigants were highly unlikeable. Ms. Winstead, not nearly as cute as she thought she was, needed a smack upside the head. The def, Fred Flintstone's brother, was basically an asshole who also thought he was cute. I wonder if he would have smacked the car had a man been driving? Somehow I doubt it.

The father, who got rid of his kids no doubt because his new, hatchet-faced wife didn't want them around? Daddy "didn't know" or wasn't told he couldn't keep the money that was coming in for the kids he got rid of because no one specifically told him he couldn't was a jerk and a creep.

• Love 9

So, I didn't understand much about the horse issue.  She kept referring to the plaintiff as the defendant.  Who bought or LEASED a horse?  She only paid $100, right?  So, the balance of $1400 would be the remaining payments, right?  Why was the plaintiff so agitated?  She looked like she was having a stroke, and the defendant couldn't stop giggling.  What the hell did I miss here?

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, 27bored said:

I almost choked on my popcorn. I laughed my ass off. The Defendant was a cutie, though. Summer is a hot chick name.

Wasn't she though?  This was one time when the hot-chick name actually fit the chick. 

I don't understand why the litigants were so surprised, but then the case didn't make much sense.  If plaintiff had the horse for 15 months, lease or buy, she's responsible for feeding it.  Unless she was just boarding the horse, in which case, why didn't she say so?

The granddaughters and the Social Security?  I don't usually assume the worst, but grandma's reaction made me wonder if dad was um, inappropriate with the girls. 

• Love 7

Favorite moments from today's cases:

51 minutes ago, CoolWhipLite said:

Shaylynn gave him her credit card to purchase car parts that Jonathan needed

I SWEAR I thought they said he needed "birth control."  THAT would be an interesting case!

And then this one:

52 minutes ago, CoolWhipLite said:

sister-in-law (who seems to know very little about breeding and registering dogs)

JJ: You had the male dog?  SiL:  Yes.  JJ:  So were you paid, or did you get pick of the litter?  SiL:  Yes. I have pictures right here. Hahahahahahaha!

I can't figure out why the Horse woman so was stunned - what had she been expecting? Even if she had won, it wouldn't have been for a fortune, right? I did like how during the "raise your right hand" part she had her hand waaaay up there!

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Both litigants were highly unlikeable. Ms. Winstead, not nearly as cute as she thought she was, needed a smack upside the head. The def, Fred Flintstone's brother, was basically an asshole who also thought he was cute. I wonder if he would have smacked the car had a man been driving? Somehow I doubt it.

I thought for a second Byrd WAS going to bop her upside her head - and you're right, it might have knocked some sense into her, or at least shut her up for sale minute. I could sort of understand the guy punching the car if he had to listen to her very long. Course, in the hallway she claimed he grabbed and shook her - no excuse for that no matter how mouthy she was. Besides, JJ was right, he should have never got out of his car.

19 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

The father, who got rid of his kids no doubt because his new, hatchet-faced wife didn't want them around? Daddy "didn't know" or wasn't told he couldn't keep the money that was coming in for the kids he got rid of because no one specifically told him he couldn't was a jerk and a creep.

Wow, I have a hard time trying to understand the Dad. He knew he was receiving money for Amber, knew Amber was living with Grandma, and tries to play word games saying he was willing to give the money back to SS, but not forward it to Grandma. Obviously some hard feelings there which JJ didn't want to explore. When Amber went to live with Grandma, Grandma didn't help herself in my eyes with her excuse that the teenager called and said "come get me, Dad says it's OK." 

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

So, I didn't understand much about the horse issue.  She kept referring to the plaintiff as the defendant.  Who bought or LEASED a horse?  She only paid $100, right?  So, the balance of $1400 would be the remaining payments, right?  Why was the plaintiff so agitated?  She looked like she was having a stroke, and the defendant couldn't stop giggling.  What the hell did I miss here?

Brattinella, I didn't understand the horse case either.  Did the plaintiff (older woman) have to give the horse back after boarding it all that time?  I blinked, it was over, and the older woman looked distraught.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

I swear JJ was fed up with the two from the get-go. These litigants don't seem to realize "lease" and  "sell" are two different things. JJ starts with Summer, the defendant, asking if she leased or sold the horse. Summer says she leased the horse, but changes her mind after reading her signed statement where she says she was selling the horse. JJ, switching to the plaintiff with pretty much the same results. Plaintiff says she was leasing the horse, worth $1500 for $100 a month for 15 months. JJ points out that doesn't make sense, why lease a horse for 15 months for $100 a month, if the horse is worth $1500. So, plaintiff says it was a lease to buy. Everybody got it? JJ asks them both if that was the deal, they say yes, she makes her ruling based on the agreed upon facts that the plaintiff bought the horse for $1500, she paid $100, so still owes $1400.

Another case with lots of unanswered questions that will stay unanswered because JJ didn't let them make their cases. I'm wondering why plaintiff is suing if she only paid $100 in a year. Why was defendant asking $1900 in her countersuit when she was selling the horse for $1500 and was paid $100. Litigants act surprized (defendant) and shocked (plaintiff) with the verdict. Given that they both just agreed to the summary by JJ, I'm wondering how they thought it could go any other way. Ah, the unanswered questions from the stories we never heard. Sometimes we get answers in the hallway, but not this time.

• Love 4

Horse case plaintiff: I really thought she might  have a heart attack right there on the air over the 100$ she paid. I didn't give a rat's patootie about the hyperventilating plaintiff or the giggling defendant. I just wanted to know what happened to the horse, the only innocent party in this mess.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Quof said:

Patricia Winstead had the fakest French accent ever.   And I applauded when JJ said "If you shut up, I'll tell you." 

The preview commercial for today's show had Patricia saying, "He tried to hit my car." But it sounded like she was saying, "He tried to eat my cat."

• Love 11

In the horse case, what was the plaintiff suing for then? If she only paid $100 for the first month, she must have stopped for a reason. Boarding a horse can be expensive. Were there other fees the defendant was supposed to pay.  There really were a lot of unanswered questions. I wasn't even sure who physically had the horse.

Angela, it sounds like if the plaintiff doesn't pay the remaining $1400, then the horse could revert to the defendant.

• Love 3

There is often a theme for a given day, I think today was "drama queens & asshats."

That French woman was so obnoxious I wanted... rule against her so bad!

The race car driver was so arrogant and full of himself... and his bleached blond ex-girlfriend... I think she was forced to bleach by the Commission For Truth In Advertising.  And forcing his 5-yr old into a life of car detailing!  That's probably not what he meant but I choose to take the dork at his word.

Then three people fighting over some stupid pit bull of all dogs... JJ just awarded the dog to his future dinner.

That horse must have had some special talents, maybe even witchcraft, he had some hold on these women!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Boy did you and I get a different read on the father/former mother in law case.  I suspect you might have experience with a step parent situation at some point while I have dealt for years with a meddling mother-in-law.

• Love 3
(edited)

Rerun - another (or possibly the same one mentioned here earlier) pair of siblings pissed off that daddy dearest had another lady friend than mom when he died. Talked their way into the lady friend's house (where dad had been living too) and got her to open the safe on her property to look for dad's will. Didn't find it, found cash, claimed they needed it for funeral expenses despite everyone agreeing that dad has insurance to cover that. Then they took the cash from the insurance payout and kept it. In the halterview they're all pissy that the lady friend even exists.

Second case - another demonstration why the rule "get the damned as-is used car checked out before you buy it!" exists.

ETA: Whoa, the post-commercial conclusion was a twist - car seller has a standard "this car is sold as-is" agreement he got from the internet. Defendant has a totally different one with a 30-day warranty! Like that ever happens. In the halterview she's kind of dodgy, sort of implying that she did what she had to because the car was bad without outright admitting that yeah, she's a forger.

Edited by Jamoche
  • Love 1

What made the horse case even funnier is the fact that the plaintiff had to sit down in the hallterview to get her mind right...I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THEY HAD A BENCH OUT THERE! I've been watching JJ for twenty years and not once do I recall anybody sitting on a bench. She should've gone to People's Court if she wanted someone with feelings. JJ's old ass is already just there to collect a check, and when she mentioned lunch, I got flashbacks to Precious' mother.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

I was so distracted trying to figure out the hair situation that I could hardly figure the case out. What was the look the defendant was going for?

Samurai headwaiter?

2 hours ago, SRTouch said:

Course, in the hallway she claimed he grabbed and shook her - no excuse for that no matter how mouthy she was. Besides, JJ was right, he should have never got out of his car.

It's interesting that the talking french fry didn't mention all those extra assaults till she got out into the hallway.  I somehow can't see that particular guy doing those particular things.

1 hour ago, CoolWhipLite said:

The preview commercial for today's show had Patricia saying, "He tried to hit my car." But it sounded like she was saying, "He tried to eat my cat."

That I can see.

• Love 3

Today was a good one for the IRS.  One defendant working for cash/under the table and another making thousands breeding and selling puppies.  It won't do taxpayers any good though.  The IRS laid off 13,000 employees last year.  Last time I had to call them (for work), I was on hold for over an hour.  Correspondence has to be sent two or three times before anything is resolved.

Nobody sells puppies to family, not for $500 anyway.  For $500, I'd expect the puppy to have its shots and a checkup.

My neighbor breeds pits.  She has a male and a female, Jasmine and Jordan, claims she gets $450 for each puppy.  She's bred them twice in the two years they've lived here.  Their fence is four feet tall.  Not high enough to keep the bigger one from jumping over, so they had to add a two-foot extension.  The dogs are indoors all day long while the owners work.  I can NOT imagine what that house must smell like.

Nice dogs, but they're still pits. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, 27bored said:

What made the horse case even funnier is the fact that the plaintiff had to sit down in the hallterview to get her mind right...I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THEY HAD A BENCH OUT THERE! I've been watching JJ for twenty years and not once do I recall anybody sitting on a bench. She should've gone to People's Court if she wanted someone with feelings. JJ's old ass is already just there to collect a check, and when she mentioned lunch, I got flashbacks to Precious' mother.

Now that you mention it, I don't remember seeing a bench back there before either.  I've never seen anyone who looked so close to breaking down totally.  I'm glad they had a bench back there for her.

• Love 1
(edited)

I see Byrd saying "what should we do?" and JJ saying "let's go to lunch"

If it's sushi day, litigant would be out of luck.

But I think Byrd would be just as mean. I was watching a case the other day with some dumb little bimbo def. who told JJ, "I wasn't doing nothing."  JJ turns to Byrd and says, "She says she wasn't doing anything." Byrd, with a particularly mean expression, said, "No. She said she wasn't "doin' NUTHIN'." My love for Byrd has no limits.

I suspect you might have experience with a step parent situation at some point while

Actually, I had a wonderful stepfather and the mostly lovely mother in law. I'm not biased either way.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 6

The horse plaintiff's utter shock -- SHOCK, I tell you, SHOCK! -- at the verdict was amazing. I even rewound it and watched it a second time. Which gave me an opportunity to think "Bitch, please. We all know this show pays the judgments, so it's not like you're really out $1400."

Horse defendant was indeed cute, and had some of the nicest hair ever seen on a JJ litigant.

• Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, 27bored said:

I thought I had sat on the remote and turned to Maury by accident. She looked like she was going to hurl herself on the ground because Summer's horse was not the father.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 17

Ep 1 , Case 1 - Shaylynn Stelly earns $8/hr at a residential care facility. Jonathan Fried made $500-800 per week at his previous job, and he didn't pay taxes...because he has custody of his two kids and a mortgage. He also said that his son also "works with him" in his car shop. His son is 5-years-old. So, within the first 4 minutes of the case, he admitted to screwing over the IRS and violating child labor laws and probably a ton of OSHA regulations. Oh, but he claims he was awarded "Parent of the Year" (I am not kidding). Shaylynn gave him her credit card to purchase car parts that Jonathan needed for some cockamamie race. Shaylynn said that Jonathan kept using the card. JJ ordered Jonathan to pay her back $1500. Jonathan thinks his shit doesn't stink, but his farts betray him. No doubt, that guy's hustling and shystering other dim-witted women.

Reminded me of the tattoo artist dude who claimed to make a boat load of money, but had to take money from mommy to get a car (and IIRC money was on fixed income). Same deal as this dude. Claims to make loads of money, and feels entitled to just take money from gf making squat. I so wanted to hear JJ tell him what to do with his witness statements, but she managed to bite her tongue and not say what everyone knew she wanted to say.

Ep 1, Case 2 -- Plaintiff Blanca Lomelli "bought" a pitbull from her sister-in-law (who seems to know very little about breeding and registering dogs). These two morons obviously saw dogs as a source of income. Blanca claims that the dog kept running away through the front gate (neither of her dogs are permitted to be in the house). The defendant Shannon Sterba found the dog, checked around town to see if anyone lost the dog. Then she took the dog to the vet for vaccinations (the plaintiffs hadn't taken any of the dogs to the vet --- infuriating) and to have it microchipped. Those two plaintiffs need to be stopped...they're greedy, stupid, low-scale puppy millers, churning out unhealthy dogs with no healthcare or vaccinations.

Ummm, like JJ, when I thought registered puppies I thought AKC. Nope, goggle tells me that the United Kennel Club is also a big time registry, and the purple ribbon she talked about is also a big thing - tells you the puppy's  parents, grandparents and great grandparents were all registered. Course when she says the mother's  pregnancy was sn accident I wonder if there might be another daddy dog sneaking in. Anyway, I'm glad JJ didn't give the dog back to the irresponsible dog owner, but wonder if the new owner will get the papers.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, califred said:

A garbage truck took down the main cable line for the surrounding area and I'm at 4 hrs with no cable or Wifi so no Judge Judy today.

? sorry to hear 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Brattinella said:

EXACTLY like "He tried to EAT MY CAT"!

Yes! I thought the same thing. I even shouted, "Eat your CAT?" at the TV.

Patricia (and her phony French accent, hands over heart) seemed to be auditioning for some weird reality show.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Horse case plaintiff: I really thought she might  have a heart attack right there on the air over the 100$ she paid. I didn't give a rat's patootie about the hyperventilating plaintiff or the giggling defendant. I just wanted to know what happened to the horse, the only innocent party in this mess.

I wanted to know what she meant about a defective horse, was it older than advertised, lame, did it drop dead? Plaintiff claimed to know horses, so what did she miss when she checked it out? 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, 27bored said:

Conversely, most of the chicks I've known with cute girl names like Angel and Precious and Miracle looked like Mr. Loverman himself. SHABBA! I'm sorry but cute names don't matter. If you look like you go hard in the paint, I...can't. 

Even somebody like Serena Williams. She has a cute name for a girl, but when she was in the Lemonade video I thought KRS-ONE decided to be binary. IJS.

No you didn't say KRS-1 decided to be binary!

I hate you soooo much for this! LMFAOOOO ?

• Love 3

Horse defendant was indeed cute, and had some of the nicest hair ever seen on a JJ litigant.

No matter how cute you think she is, she thinks she's cuter.  Her online presence is gag-inducing.  But I still could find no explanation (medical condition?  drugs?) for the giggling.  Believe me, I looked.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Samurai headwaiter?

It's interesting that the talking french fry didn't mention all those extra assaults till she got out into the hallway.  I somehow can't see that particular guy doing those particular things.

That I can see.

I think she got too much money.  I wish this had been on People's Court - I could see that judge determining that the plaintiff was at least partially responsible for the "car damage" and reduce the amount.  I don't believe the defendant walked around that car and struck it in multiple spots, as she claimed in between descriptions of his physical assault in the hallterview.  She seemed all about hyperbole.  I can see him striking the car in one, even two places, but I don't see him walking around without her grabbing a cellphone and calling for help or taking pictures.  Why wait days after the incident?  As aggressive as she was in court, I have a hard time believing she wouldn't immediately notify the authorities - especially if he physically assaulted her.

• Love 3

Patricia (and her phony French accent, hands over heart) seemed to be auditioning for some weird reality show.

Back in the day  Ana Gasteyer used to do a mean Celine Dion impersonation on SNL.  Looked like Patricia was trying to copy her. And I also thought somebody tried to eat her cat. 

Looked like the Horse Rental Lady had the vapors. I was waiting for her to throw herself to the floor so we could watch Byrd step over the body like I used to do when my kids were toddlers. 

Has anybody noticed that JJ seems to be laughing hysterically at some point during every show? Sometimes at the plaintiff's story, sometimes at the defendant's big fat juicy lies, and sometimes just randomly. It's like she's got the court giggles (like the church giggles except much funnier when she does it). Then she turns back into the lovely lady pitbull judge she usually is. I wondered if she was wearing feather underpants lately. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, speac said:

Boy did you and I get a different read on the father/former mother in law case.  I suspect you might have experience with a step parent situation at some point while I have dealt for years with a meddling mother-in-law.

My husband said it reminded him of his step-sisters, who knew how to work everything for maximum effectiveness.  They'd call every time their mother would try to inflict some punishment on them, or lay down new rules.  His mom and step-dad would go get them, and they'd live with them until the gravy train ran out, or someone put a foot down.  Then it was a call to mom......

• Love 5

Oh, good night.  The impounded car repeat today? Thank all your lucky stars that idiot was not in an accident!  No license, no insurance, and "a little bit intoxicated."  Yowza.  Her "mama" suing for $5K hoping to make a profit.  No matter what JJ said, another excuse/variation of "not my fault." They should have both had to pay production back for bringing them out to the show.

• Love 1
(edited)
23 hours ago, Brattinella said:

I think in the horse case it was mentioned that the plaintiff stated the horse was not sound.  So defendant sold an unsound horse and plaintiff had the horse and had paid board all these months on a horse that couldn't be ridden.  Whether or not the horse was sound before the lease with view to buy or not was unclear.  If the defendant sold the horse knowing it was not sound, then she got away with it given JJ's ruling.  If the horse was injured under the plaintiff's care, then JJ's ruling was fair.  Plaintiff  was in high drama mode though.  As a horse owner, I would have really liked to have known all the facts.  I think the defendant got away with something as she also looked shocked but was quite gleeful about it of course.  lol 

Edited by AlleC17
  • Love 4

Ep 1, Case 1 --Eric Zellen was suing Don Ashley for damage to his boat. Don owns a charter boat company that takes folks out to fish for the day. Judge Judy surmised that Eric was an annoyance -- he wasn't as adept at boating/fishing, and he crept behind Don's boat because Don and his crew knew where to go to catch some good fish. Erin said that one of Don's crew intentionally damaged the motor of his boat. Based on the testimony and Don's boat captain's smirk, JJ ruled in favor of Eric.

Ep 1, Case 2 -- Danita Wilkinson paid over $2500 for catered meals for a family reunion, and she wanted half her money back. Michael Davis prepared 150 meals, provided staff, china and silverware, linens, set-up, tear-down -- JJ calculated it out to $16 per person (what a bargain!). Danita said Michael didn't prepare most of the food they talked about, the food wasn't prepared as they discussed, and specific people didn't get specific food items they wanted. She mentioned hot dogs, fruit cocktail out of the can instead of fresh, 2 deep-fried turkeys. Seriously, fresh fruit for that amount of people would have taken a chunk of her money -- what did she expect? Does she never food shop? JJ told her to get real with her expectations.

Ep 2, Case 1-- Patrick Estrada was suing Erin Conroy for unpaid rent, broken computer, and assault. They met on an "adult dating website," said Patrick. They lived together for a year. He claimed that he broke up with Erin after she told him she sold herself to one of her Uber customers. Then, there was talk of Erin assaulting Patrick. JJ said that she and Byrd don't care, because he continued to canoodle with her for many months after that incident. Same goes for the broken computer. Erin has a counter-claim about the assault -- Patrick broke her finger. JJ gave her the same speech about canoodling after the assault. GOODBYE.

Ep 2, Case 2 -- Jesse Aloman was suing hall owner Manny Vasquez for the cost of his wedding reception. Manny charged $500 for the venue. Jesse gave him a $300 deposit. The contract said the guests could have alcohol inside - but not outside - of the venue. Manny played Deputy Dog at the reception and found that people were drinking outside. Jesse said his guests felt so uncomfortable. Manny claimed that Jesse's guests caused damages to his venue. JJ asked if Manny was fined by cops for the alcohol he said was outside of the hall. Manny said he wasn't, and then he acted like a grouchy grandpop. JJ said what I was thinking -- "Do you have scientific proof that they had alcohol outside?" Manny continued to be a stubborn old fart. Neither could prove their case, but Jesse's party was ruined, that's for sure.

• Love 3
(edited)

I watched this one just now!  Manny was a piece of work.  I sense a recovering alcoholic or fervid teetotaler (cue Carrie Nation).  I've been to parties/gatherings/weddings where you couldn't drink inside so we all went to the parking lot to tailgate.  Never heard it the other way around.  *Was there a law/ordinance stating no alcohol outside?  If so he didn't cite it. Manny was a grumpy cat....and a total control freak.

Ok....I need a beer....and Manny?  I'm going outside to enjoy this beautiful day.

ETA.....Duh!....bars!  You aren't supposed to drink outside of the establishment (like that ever stopped anybody).   I play in a blues band and have seen that sign a gazillion times.  Brain fart......

Edited by OhioSongbird
...stopped to think it through....
  • Love 2

Ever have your parents say "don't make faces like that, your face will freeze that way"? The woman in a storage fee related case in a shiny red leather coat, with a husband who seems unaware that JJ's "shut up" actually applies to him, has obviously spent the majority of her 60-odd years on earth with a disapproving frown because the wrinkles have set in that expression.

The vibe I got from Manny was I'm In Charge, Dammit!  Respect My Authoritah!  [insert Cartman gif]

He was very proprietary about that hall, which is fine -- but he overstepped.  $500 is a lot of money to pay for an event that was cut short because of a teetotaler sniffing people's drink cups.  I thought vodka had no smell? 

Part of my job is renting a city-owned building for events.  No alcohol is allowed, but I've never hung around the place to see if people are drinking, inside or outside.  The renters are adults, they've paid their rent and damage deposit. Treat people like adults and they'll usually behave themselves.

• Love 4

I thought JJ was going to get so fed up with Manny, she'd award the plaintiff everything he was asking for. At least he got his deposit back. Manny deserved his stern talking-to.

I totally believe the smirking boat guys did everything the plaintiff accused them of doing.

• Love 3

Was there a law/ordinance stating no alcohol outside? 

Quite possible. Sounded like this was at an American legion or VFW facility, and depending on the type of liquor license they have, it may be illegal to carry alcohol served in the bar outside and also illegal to bring alcohol from outside into the area where the bar serves alcohol. Violations could result in sanctions from the state, county or local jurisdiction against the facility. Manny was over the top, and JJ's critical point was that the facility did not suffer any damages from the alleged actions; JJ even asked if there were any fines or citations from this incident.

On the boat damage case, the boat captain definitely hurt his case with his clearly expressed smirking and contemptuous attitude. However, the plaintiff doesn't seem to have any idea how to operate a boat in traffic, and in a lot of areas there are fishing regulations setting required spacing from other fishing boats with lines out to avoid cutting lines. I also think that JJ was so annoyed at the captain that she never asked the plaintiff why the engine cover needed to be replaced when the damage looked minor and easily repaired (including matching paint) at any body shop that works on fiberglass. I think the amount awarded was way inflated. Back to the boat crowding, for fishing boats it is mostly a nuisance (although it can also be dangerous) but my experience has been on dive boats where not following the rules on spacing is really dangerous. I was once on the bottom in about 90 feet of water when I heard/felt a heavy thump - it was a good sized anchor dropped from an incompetently operated boat ignoring the dive flag, and the anchor hit bottom about five feet away from me. This could easily have been a serious or even fatal accident. As a result I am a little touchy about boat captains who don't know or care about safe boat handling.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AlleC17 said:

I think in the horse case it was mentioned that the plaintiff stated the horse was not sound.  So defendant sold an unsound horse and plaintiff had the horse and had paid board all these months on a horse that couldn't be ridden.  Whether or not the horse was sound before the lease with view to buy or not was unclear.  If the defendant sold the horse knowing it was not sound, then she got away with it given JJ's ruling.  If the horse was injured under the plaintiff's care, then JJ's ruling was fair.  Plaintiff  was in high drama mode though.  As a horse owner, I would have really liked to have known all the facts.  I think the defendant got away with something as she also looked shocked but was quite gleeful about it of course.  lol 

Hey, a real live horse person who may have some answers. I've never bought a horse, but it would seem smart to have it vet checked before the purchase is final. Along with that, have a trial period where you get most or all the money back if you find something wrong. I'm thinking a horse may seem fine for a few minutes, or even an hour trail ride, and then be sore the next day and limping around. Conversely, if I were selling, I'd want to know that the buyer knew horses and wouldn't ride it into the ground during the trial period. Really, since the law pretty much views animals as property, the sale should be treated as a as is used car sale, where the buyer goes for a test drive and gets the car (or horse in this case) checked by an expert.

In this case, the fact that the buyer stopped paying after 1 month indicates she found something wrong early on. Did she try to return the horse and the defendant refuse to take it back? We'll never know.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Am I the only one who wanted to punch Johnathan Fried right in his face?

Sadly, even that would not really suprise me all that much on this show.

Sorry, I suffer from CRS.  Can you give me a hint as to who Johnathan Fried was today?

3 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

Sorry, I suffer from CRS.  Can you give me a hint as to who Johnathan Fried was today?

Drag racer dude who claims to make 5-800 bucks a week but charges expensive car parts to gf's card when she makes 8 bucks a hour --- you know father of the year dude.

• Love 3