Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

I was watching a rerun today about a woman taking a baseball bat to someone's car. Judge Judy went on and on about there was no reason to have a baseball bat in a car unless your child played baseball. This bothers me. I have no children and there is ALWAYS a baseball bat in my car. Children and pets get locked in hot cars almost every day it seems. That's why I have a bat, and brick in my car at all times.

Edited by marleyfan
  • Love 3

Why don't you jut carry one of those seatbelt cutter/window breaking tools.  They're small enough to fit in the glove box and don't send the glass flying all over when the window breaks.

• Love 4

They're small enough to fit in the glove box

Actually, the one I carry is on my car key's key chain. I am not opposed to carrying a weapon (which I do most of the time) but to break a window to rescue a child or animal a baseball bat would be about my 28th choice. In an ugly situation, having a baseball bat in easy reach can be considered pre-meditation.

Edited by DoctorK
  • Love 3

Rerun: 4 idiots making gun control activists point by "target shooting" in some vacant church property (which they can't even prove they had any right to be on), accused of having hit a car with a stray shot. From the TV guide description you'd expect them all to be in their 20s - but two of them are way beyond the age where you'd think they'd know better. The other two get tossed out before the case is over for treating the whole thing as a big joke.

Halterview quote: the youngest dumb redneck claiming "I'm no dumb redneck".

Now, I've done target shooting on private property, but that was my friend's father's big-ass ranch where we were damn sure there wasn't anything - cows or otherwise - near where we were. If you're somewhere that people can hear you shooting, you're shooting in the wrong place.

• Love 9

Ah, not only reruns, but dog case reruns. First case is cute little kid (actually a spoiled brat) who is bitten while riding his bike in the park. Defendant maintains the kid has a reputation of tormenting dogs at the park. He admits his dog was unleashed, but says boy provoked the attack by almost running over the dog while riding his bike, and the dog chased and bit the boy. No surprise, defendant found responsible for medical bills. Only thing of note, father of the brat is visual effects artist who worked on Star Trek, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and various other movies. Dad was sitting in car while boy was terrorizing the park, but when an unleashed out of control dogs bites someone, the owner has to pay.

Next case newlyweds suing dj who was paid up front to work their wedding, but was no-show, no-call. DJ has no defense, except to to say the newlyweds didn't provide a Playlist, he didn't have transportation, he called the venue and left a message, he was going through a divorce, it wasn't his fault. DJ has to give back the money. This was one time when I would have been ok with giving them something for punitive damages.

Second episode (another rerun), is a dog custody case. Plaintiff was desperate to find a temporary home for her two dogs, and left them with defendant for three weeks. Defendant gave away 1 of the dogs after three days, and now won't return the other. Plaintiff goes to great lengths to get back the dog the defendants gave away, tracking down the person defendant's gave dog and buying it back. JJ offers to give her $1500 or make the defendants give back the other dog, she chooses the dog.

Rerun: 4 idiots making gun control activists point by "target shooting" in some vacant church property (which they can't even prove they had any right to be on), accused of having hit a car with a stray shot. From the TV guide description you'd expect them all to be in their 20s - but two of them are way beyond the age where you'd think they'd know better. The other two get tossed out before the case is over for treating the whole thing as a big joke.

Halterview quote: the youngest dumb redneck claiming "I'm no dumb redneck".

Now, I've done target shooting on private property, but that was my friend's father's big-ass ranch where we were damn sure there wasn't anything - cows or otherwise - near where we were. If you're somewhere that people can hear you shooting, you're shooting in the wrong place.

I remember the case, but we must be out of synch, since I didn't see it today. Edited by SRTouch

How about another rerun featuring the pregnant plaintiff suing her baby daddy's female cousin for damaging her car, although she should have sued defendant's sister for punching her in the face. The plaintiff and her friend went to defendant's house to talk smack and stir up shit. Baby daddy's family hates plaintiff and gossips about her. The plaintiff admitted she doesn't work but the defendant said she has a job as a hair stylist and is a genius stylist in her world. Oh BTW, the star stylist wears an ugly ass wig. Who cares about the actual details of the case...my favorite part was in the hallterview when star stylist said that plaintiff was jealous because she (defendant) is so sophisticated. JJ, you owe me another bowl of mac and cheese.

• Love 3

I got the early rerun of the $75,000 lottery scratch off winner who had not a dime to her name, and couldn't work, and couldn't afford her own bail.  I don't even want to know what happened to her.

In other news, I was clearing out the DVR, having missed (tho apparently not) the afternoon "new" shows.  Ran across the lovely tenant who called Section 8 (I'm assuming) office to inspect the home and her 10-year-out-of-registation car ended up being towed and she sues for $5000 for moving expenses (after being evicted and not paying rent.) For someone as put together as she was, and well spoken, (not a "tooken" or "had went" in sight!), she should be able to get a good, well-paying job. Not a $100K job, but certainly a livable wage!  She could support herself, so Byrd wouldn't have to.  Don't know if it made me angrier, or made me feel better.  Could be the screwdriver in my giant, grown-up sippy cup that has my judgement clouded. Hey, it counts as a fruit, right?

• Love 5

Wellll ... I have quite the scoop. My ex (divorced him 30 years ago) taped a show last week. Not sure when it will air but it should be soon. He was the plaintiff, although when he called to tell me about it my first thought was that he surely would be the defendant. I won't say more right now except that he is listed in my phone as "Shiftless & Slovenly." Please move to the edge of your seats.

• Love 24

I won't say more right now except that he is listed in my phone as "Shiftless & Slovenly." Please move to the edge of your seats

Exciting! I hope you didn't warn him that "Shiftless & Slovenly" are not high on JJ's "Things I love" list.

Do tell him that JJ loves it when litigants feel comfortable enough to wear shorts and tee shirts with rude slogans on them and when people greet her with "Hey, how ya doin'?"

Tell him to compliment her several times, even if he has to interrupt  when she's speaking to do so. Make sure he understands he needs to talk about his "feelings" on the case. Tell him all this the night before his appearance and give him a bag of really salty Doritos Nachos chips. That's not a problem since there's a whole pitcher of water on the desk, just begging to be drunk.

• Love 16
I won't say more right now except that he is listed in my phone as "Shiftless & Slovenly."

I'm very dissapointed that when shouted in a New York accent, "shiftless" and "slovenly" just sound like shiftless and slovenly.  No "AH" can be added to the end.

• Love 2

Wellll ... I have quite the scoop. My ex (divorced him 30 years ago) taped a show last week. Not sure when it will air but it should be soon. He was the plaintiff, although when he called to tell me about it my first thought was that he surely would be the defendant. I won't say more right now except that he is listed in my phone as "Shiftless & Slovenly." Please move to the edge of your seats.

You will HAVE to tell us when his episode airs so we can all watch and take notes. Note to self: buy popcorn.

• Love 5

I won't say more right now except that he is listed in my phone as "Shiftless & Slovenly." Please move to the edge of your seats

My Ex was in my phone as "Dumba$$ who Owes Me Money". 

Can't wait to see your "HUSTLAH" Ex on the show! I'm baking cookies in antici. . . pation. . . 

• Love 6

1St case is rerun of party boys from Minnesota disputing credit card charges. The best man rents a limo for a day long bachelor party, and dispute limo company charge for damages. The limo company (defendants) said damage was from smoking and said there was apparently drug use going on, but the only possible witness, the driver, wasn't there to testify. Things were going the defendant's way until he tried to present drug test evidence. Problem was the only smoker in the group was also the only one who didn't take a drug test (and of course wasn't there for JJ to question.) Quick reversal, JJ decides party boys are trying to pull one over on her, and she dismisses the case.

Next case is a puppy case. A couple find a puppy, and buy it impulsively for $450. Couple days later they've learned a puppy is a baby that is going to whine at night when separated from mom and siblings, makes a mess, basically takes time and effort to raise. They take the puppy back and the seller agrees to give them back the money when she resells the puppy. Now the seller (defendant) says she never found a new buyer, and ended up giving away the puppy when she moved. JJ says the impulse buyers are out of luck, since the new agreement was that the defendant would return money if, and only if, the puppy resold, and the plaintiffs have no proof that the puppy was resold. I'm just happy these plaintiffs didn't keep the puppy, and hopefully loosing $450 will make them think twice before getting a pet (or, as JJ told the girl, having a baby).

Next case is dummy who bought '97 Lexus for $1500, spent $1700 on repairs, and now has a car that doesn't run. Plaintiff is now suing for $5000. Mechanic who worked on car wants another $1300 for additional work. Mechanic has countersuit for $3850. JJ rules mechanic has to give back the $1700 he admits he received - I think mainly because JJ didn't believe mechanic did work. Hey dummy, according to your own testimony, you're a single mom who doesn't have much money - it takes a lot of money to restore an old car.

Next is case is another dummy, this time a guy who stupidly spent a lot of money on a girl he just met. Plaintiff says he lives in Las Vegas, travels a lot for business, and met girl in LA. Defendant lives in LA (blonde Calif girl who reminds me of Christina on Flip or Flop), so it's a long distance relationship which started in Sept and ended in Oct. JJ gives plaintiff part of what he wants - $220 for a ticket to Austin that he paid for and she admits using after they broke up.

Bonus third case is daughter suing mom. Mom was living rent free with daughter. Daughter puts money down for a car and puts it in mom's name because of bad credit. Mom moves out less than a month later, taking the car. Daughter wants down payment back, and JJ agrees.

Edited by SRTouch

Exciting! I hope you didn't warn him that "Shiftless & Slovenly" are not high on JJ's "Things I love" list.

Do tell him that JJ loves it when litigants feel comfortable enough to wear shorts and tee shirts with rude slogans on them and when people greet her with "Hey, how ya doin'?"

Tell him to compliment her several times, even if he has to interrupt  when she's speaking to do so. Make sure he understands he needs to talk about his "feelings" on the case. Tell him all this the night before his appearance and give him a bag of really salty Doritos Nachos chips. That's not a problem since there's a whole pitcher of water on the desk, just begging to be drunk.

OMG--I nearly pissed myself while shooting tea out of my nose!  THANKS.

OMG--I nearly pissed myself while shooting tea out of my nose!  THANKS. So looking forward to this episode with the INSIDE INFO!

eta:  I have an IMPORTANT question for JJ people--What has happened to her gorgeous emerald cut diamond eternity band? Last episode she was wearing a plain old gold ring {which if I know JJ is probably 58 carat gold}.  I love that ring so much I went out and bought a CZ replica.

Sorry about the quote box kerfuffle.  My computer seems to be experiencing PMS.

Edited by One More Time
  • Love 2

Hey dummy, according to your own testimony, your a single mom who doesn't have much money - it takes a lot of money to restore an old car.

Yabbut - it may be a 20 year old POS that doesn't run, but won't all her friends envy her with her LEXUS? Was the mechanic channeling Lloyd from "Dumb and Dumber?"  Even so, he's still smarter than the Lexus Lover.

OMG--I nearly pissed myself while shooting tea out of my nose!

Oh dear! That sounds messy. Sorry about that. ;)

• Love 4

Yabbut - it may be a 20 year old POS that doesn't run, but won't all her friends envy her with her LEXUS? Was the mechanic channeling Lloyd from "Dumb and Dumber?"  Even so, he's still smarter than the Lexus Lover.

Did I hear the time line correctly? Spent $1500 on crappie car, take it to mechanic, leave it there for two months because she doesn't have money to fix it, give mechanic $1700 for rebuilt engine, pick up car which won't start without jump because it needs new battery, finally tow it to dealer to get diagnostic run, tow hither and yon, end up with non-running Lexus parked in driveway covered with tarp. Sue dealer for selling a lemon and sue mechanic for $5000 just because.
  • Love 2

You will HAVE to tell us when his episode airs so we can all watch and take notes. Note to self: buy popcorn.

I know, right? Asked him again today when it will air, said he still doesn't know. Oh, how I wish I could say "Don't hang me up because people are laying in popcorn, cookies and cheezballs." Here's a tidbit: he called the producer to find out the air date and to ask for his paperwork to be returned. You know how Byrd gets all stabby with those who linger at the end and try to grab their paperwork? That's because you have to leave it there and it is returned to you "later," as in "whenever." Which is clearly explained and agreed to by all participants before the taping, hence Byrd's impatience. 

Two littles to nibble on: JJ is "a sly old lady" and she "tricked" him.

He is totally unreliable and poofs when he goes on a binge or back to jail/prison so I am going to rely on this link instead of him. http://www.judgejudy.com/archives/2016-03-22

I would think that new cases replace reruns during sweeps periods? Sweeps dates here:

http://www.voiceovers.com/sweepscalendar.html

• Love 10

Yabbut - it may be a 20 year old POS that doesn't run, but won't all her friends envy her with her LEXUS?

Yes, it's a LEXUS - let's take my LEXUS y'all as soon as I get it out of impound for $1326 worth of tickets (actually two tickets for $136 but you know how those things add up)

I used to work at a hospital and there was a doctor who drove the oldest Mercedes I have ever seen. It was poop colored and always covered in dust (maybe it wasn't really poop colored once the dust came off) and went about 15 mph at all times. I would see him pull out in a huge cloud of diesel smoke. The car didn't even have the high headrests and had lap belts only. Maybe it was his gift when he graduated medical school back when there were only 48 states. 

• Love 4
(Jamoche) I feel lucky - if I had to label my ex, it would just be "thinks all non-Christians are Satanists"

Jamoche, was it difficult being married to Ted Cruz??

party boys from Minnesota

Because it wasn't enough to go to strip clubs in Minnesota, these dudes went all the way to FARGO NORTH DAKOTA to party and rent the limo.  Note to self:  if I ever want to drive around in a limo, smoke and do lines from 9 am to 2 Am, I will go to Fargo because the entire limo bill was like $350 for that entire time.  Did I hear that correctly!?  HEY guys, let's rent a limo and drive around while watching suomi's exes episode!! We can line up the high carb snacks on the wet bar next to the cocaine!!

• Love 7

Yabbut - it may be a 20 year old POS that doesn't run, but won't all her friends envy her with her LEXUS?

As a quick aside, people like that slay me.  There's a woman who posts on several online "yard sale" groups I belong to (because I have stuff I'm trying to get rid of locally due to hefty shipping costs) and she's always trying to undercut asking prices - even $10 ones (she'll ask for $5), claiming it's all the money she has.  Today, she sets up a meet with someone and says "I'm in the silver BMW".  And I just picture her driving up in some 15 year hold hooptie that she paid too much for, and probably required more work than it's worth, and has 350,000 miles.  I'd rather drive a nice "regular" car.  I don't need the status symbol.

• Love 2

I'd rather drive a nice "regular" car.  I don't need the status symbol.

I have a simple philosophy about buying cars. Doing regular maintenance is lots cheaper than a monthly payment, and don't even think of buying a car unless the old car needs works which will cost more than the new car's monthly maintenance. I'll be 62 in a couple months, and have owned 4 car/pickups. Basically, I drive a vehicle until I can't depend on it to do what I want it to do - then trade it for one that will, irregardless of what it looks like. Course there are exceptions. I kept my old pickup past the time it was good for anything, thinking I'd restore it. And I'll never buy a pink Mary Kay car
  • Love 3

I'll keep an eye out but "Shiftless & Slovenly" is the adjective I would use for 90 percent of the litigants on this show. It will be hard to find him!

• Love 8

I am still perplexed by a noon time repeat of two 17 year olds who make money by buying and selling designer athletic shoes. Holy crap, Batman, they are making decent money with this. Why in the world did I toil for 40 years in office jobs that were stressful and boring as hell when I could have been in the designer athletic shoe after-market.

If I understood the facts, Defendant (who lives in NJ) sent Plaintiff $330 and owed an additional $330 for some shoes designed by Kanye. But Defendant had some lame story that the shoes didn't fit and he was going to return them, but Mom forgot to take them to the post office. So Plaintiff's mom drives up from Virginia (a 4 hour drive) to get the shoes because after not getting the balance due a week later, Plaintiff knew something was stinky and it wasn't used gym socks.

Oh, and Defendant has some Louis Vuitton Jaspers that he was going to trade with the Plaintiff. Not only did I not know that LV makes athletic shoes, but I am stunned that 17 year old boys know who LV is!!! How does one get started in this shoe stuff? Should I start standing in line every time an athlete or celebrity releases a new line?

• Love 4

Wellll ... I have quite the scoop. My ex (divorced him 30 years ago) taped a show last week. Not sure when it will air but it should be soon. He was the plaintiff, although when he called to tell me about it my first thought was that he surely would be the defendant. I won't say more right now except that he is listed in my phone as "Shiftless & Slovenly." Please move to the edge of your seats.

Looks like new episodes begin on April 1. I looked ahead on my DVR and here is the summary for that date: Wild About Minnesota Hockey... Siblings feud over hockey season tickets, a mink stole and a trailer hitch. Does this sound as if something your shiftless, slovenly ex would be involved in? Does he still have your mink stole?

ETA...trailer hitch...what is a trainer hitch?

Edited by Spunkygal
  • Love 2

How does one get started in this shoe stuff? Should I start standing in line every time an athlete or celebrity releases a new line?

That whole thing was bizarre. They increase in value by having been worn?! Huh? And what was the business about them being worth $1500?? Hell's bells!  As for stocking up yourself, in my part of the world, every time these are released, crowds, riots, gunshots.  Tread carefully...

Today's repeat of one of the most insufferable litigants ever - Vaquel Lofton. Refused to cough up the LAST EIGHTY STINKING DOLLARS of a previous judgement, and then takes offense when the defendant has the nerve to track down the money. Sues for $5000.  JJ tried to laugh her out of court, but she's so vile, JJ ends up hollering at her.  Just awful.  Single parent, four kids, financial hardship (how much do tattoos cost, anyway?), blah blah blah fishcakes. Nearly died when she mentioned her "nursing supervisor." Gad. We all know what that means.  I wish there was some way to know that some where, some how, these folks get what they really, truly deserve. Idiots and scammers like this just about do me in.

Breathe in, breathe out...

Ooooohhh!   Butterfly Boobie Tats! (Tits?)  20 years from now those will be two really big slugs.

Yea for new eps!   So glad we FINALLY have someone more or less on the inside. Now if he will just cough up the dirt...

ETA:  Just googled Vaquel, and a post on this forum pops up. Mine!  Almost word for word what I said today. I need an umbrella drink.

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 6

Jamoche, was it difficult being married to Ted Cruz??

Only ex-boyfriend, luckily, but he really did seem sensible - we met because we were both Spider Robinson fans! It's just that some subjects never came up at all until I moved from Texas to California.

If I understood the facts, Defendant (who lives in NJ) sent Plaintiff $330 and owed an additional $330 for some shoes designed by Kanye. But Defendant had some lame story that the shoes didn't fit and he was going to return them, but Mom forgot to take them to the post office. So Plaintiff's mom drives up from Virginia (a 4 hour drive) to get the shoes because after not getting the balance due a week later, Plaintiff knew something was stinky and it wasn't used gym socks.

I don't mind the ruling that the plaintiff get the extra money, but I didn't like that he got the extra money and got to keep the shoes.

I wonder why all those (supposedly) respectable folks who work at Kaiser Permanente decided to LIE and tell the Sheriff that she didn't work there?  Such a despicable person.  And the defendant didn't even GET her last 80 bucks!  Suing for 5 grand because she didn't want to pay that last bit!  BAH!

• Love 3

First case, plaintiff learns she messed with the wrong little old lady. Plaintiff had a bf living in little old lady's travel trailer, had a fight with bf, and broke the windows out. Little old lady took her to small claims court and won, so plaintiff in today'so case was ordered by that court to make monthly payments to pay damages. Today's plaintiff stopped making the payments, leaving an outstanding balance of $80.

Little old lady, defendant in today's case, wants her 80 bucks, never mind the cost, it's the principle. She doesn't get any satisfaction trying to call, but knows where deadbeat works from previous case. She pays two different process servers to try to serve today's plaintiff papers, but no one at the workplace admits to knowing deadbeat (despite fact that she's worked there 13 years). So, giving up on phoning or serving papers, little old lady goes with a shotgun approach. She sends 25 letters, probably one to every supervisor in the place. Eventually, deadbeat is called on the carpet by her supervisor. That's the background. Today's case is deadbeat suing for harrassment and defamation. JJ reads her the riot act, telling her that all she had to do was pay the money she owed in accordance with previous court order. Today's plaintiff says she's a single mother and didn't have the $80. JJ points out that if plaintiff had just made $6 weekly payments each week since last $80 was due, debt would have been paid. Case dismissed.

Next is another deadbeat who has a friend rent a car for her because she doesn't have a credit card. Car rental was supposed to be for 1 day, but defendant kept the car 4 days. Defendant claims plaintiff agreed to pay - JJ says nonsense. Next, plaintiff agreed to work for defendant collecting money at an event. Defendant was supposed to pay her for the car, and an additional $200 for working that day. Defendant stiffs her again, not paying for the car or the work. Her story is plaintiff pocketed money collected at door. Her only witness is some guy who saw plaintiff put money in purse from 60 feet away. JJ says nope, pay the lady. NOTE: JJ doesn'the comment on defendant showing lots of cleavage, and has butterfly tattoo.

Next episode is tenant suing to get back rent and deposit, claiming roommate (who is owner's daughter) went crazy and she had to move because of hostile living conditions. Plaintiff moved in and wanted out within a month. Plaintiff upset because of cameras pointed at her bedroom and bathroom doors. Roommate makes quick trip to Hong Kong, and when she comes back plaintiff says she's on drugs and paranoid. Roommate, owner's daughter, has had to go to the hospital, and plaintiff claims owner told her the daughter was going to rehab, but defendants claim she had stomach problems. JJ makes defendant pay give back security, but lets them keep rent for the month.

Next is pit bull case. I was in kitchen when it came on and heard defendant dog owner say plaintiff caused the dog attack. When I came back from kitchen I switch to news.

• Love 2

Looks like new episodes begin on April 1. I looked ahead on my DVR and here is the summary for that date: Wild About Minnesota Hockey... Siblings feud over hockey season tickets, a mink stole and a trainer hitch. Does this sound as if something your shiftless, slovenly ex would be involved in? Does he still have your mink stole?

A synopsis of his case should involve

a men's sober-living facility and personal belongings going missing during incarceration. And another person's pills going missing or being traded or being freely offered, depending on your perspective.

(Same shit, different decade.)

Still have my mink stole, but gave up all of my 20s and half of my 30s. Look for my younger photo under the heading "Sorely lacking in self-esteem, with abandonment issues."

ETA spoiler tag

Edited by suomi
  • Love 5

A synopsis of his case should involve

a men's sober-living facility and personal belongings going missing during incarceration. And another person's pills going missing or being traded or being freely offered, depending on your perspective.

(Same shit, different decade.)

Still have my mink stole, but gave up all of my 20s and half of my 30s. Look for my younger photo under the heading "Sorely lacking in self-esteem, with abandonment issues."

ETA spoiler tag

Aw, sorry about the crap in the past, Suomi. I sincerely hope things are better for you these days. You are among friends in the JJ forum!

• Love 8

I found one of Vaquel Lofton's statements to be so outlandish it must stand out in JJ history - well, to me anyway and aside from her being a sainted single mother of FOUR. It's the perfect encapsulation of the times:

"He and I had an altercation which caused me to bust out his windows." 

It was completely out of her control. It was all HIS fault that she, this mother of four, acted like Godzilla. Because of course, that's our natural reaction to anyone disagreeing with us. Too bad there was no video, because I bet she didn't have that perma-smile on then. I can picture it all quite clearly and it ain't pretty.

Even though this was a repeat, the def was totally awesome all over again. She was getting the 80$ no matter what. Loved her.

• Love 10

Note to self:  if I ever want to drive around in a limo, smoke and do lines from 9 am to 2 Am, I will go to Fargo because the entire limo bill was like $350 for that entire time

I thought exactly the same thing!  That's about 2 hours in the big city.

JJ rules mechanic has to give back the $1700 he admits he received - I think mainly because JJ didn't believe mechanic did work

IMO JJ totally blew that one and the mechanic took it up the ass.  No doubt in my mind that the SSM threw a bunch of good money after bad so she could say "Lexus" instead of "car" every chance she got.  SSM wanted a new Lexus for the price of repairs and pitched a bitch when mechanic had the nerve to try to get paid for his work.  New Business Rule:  When a customer brags about her ability to procreate within the first five minutes, assume she is going to want special rates and treatment.  

JJ should not get involved in detailed Vee-hickle repair cases because she does not understand the basics of motors such as new, used, rebuilt, factory rebuilt , short block, long block, etc...  When someone says "my mechanic looked at it and it wasn't replaced' " that's not even the tip of the iceberg and requires expert testimony that would make JJ's head explode.

• Love 9

IMO JJ totally blew that one and the mechanic took it up the ass.  No doubt in my mind that the SSM threw a bunch of good money after bad so she could say "Lexus" instead of "car" every chance she got.

Agree.Mechanic was a little "off" and probably a little shady, but in this case he did deserve to get paid.

Poor JJ got all happy today when she thought she had two educated litigants in front of her. Her pleasure faded when her attempts to teach basic, first-grade English to Kimberly the college student failed dismally. I could see she was filled with despair at "Her and I had went," and gave up. Just appalling. I also believe, without a doubt, that Kimberly made those threats. Don't worry, Kimberly, you little FB troll! I'm sure you have a wonderful future ahead of you, probably as a "caretaker". You can make all the threats you like in your mangled English to your disabled and/or elderly patients without any consequences.

• Love 7

JJ should not get involved in detailed Vee-hickle repair cases because she does not understand the basics of motors such as new, used, rebuilt, factory rebuilt , short block, long block, etc..

Yeah. KBB for an "excellent" condition 1995 Miata is $2000 (and you know JJ never looks in that column). Actual sales prices are pushing $6000; it's a collectable, which KBB doesn't factor in. If someone totaled my baby I would cry, and I wouldn't go anywhere near JJ for justice.

• Love 4

I got the classic case of the bogus Hermes bag that the songwriter/retail mall worker was selling for his mother to help her out during her rough divorce from her ex, a welder who bought her not one but three Hermes bags.

What I did not get about the case and it wasn't pursued was at the very beginning of the episode, the plaintiff specifically said that she arranged to meet the seller outside the Hermes store in Beverly Hills so they could go in and get the bag authenticated. Seems that did not happen but instead, they met outside the store and transacted business on the street. Why didn't they go into the store?

It was funny how the defendant pronounced it her-meez.

• Love 2

meet the seller outside the Hermes store in Beverly Hills so they could go in and get the bag authenticated. Seems that did not happen but instead, they met outside the store and transacted business on the street. Why didn't they go into the store?

That was a really bad edit wasn't it?  I've wondered that both times I've seen this case.  They went to all the trouble to go to Rodeo Drive (I imagine parking is probably a pain there), but stayed outside of the store.

I disliked the defendant, but if the plaintiff bought into some kind of con right in front of Hermes, then that kind of changes the case IMO.  Not necessarily a loss of the plaintiff, but definitely worthy of discussion.

I doubt the Hermes store would have authenticated the bag. I don't shop Hermes, but I shop relatively "high end" handbag stores, and they won't authenticate bags. They will only guarantee that, if it were purchased at their store, it is authentic. Purchase anywhere else, and you are on own.  People in the know can authenticate a bag based on the serial number.  Seriously, there is a whole world you can't imagine on the forums of Purseblog.com.

• Love 2

People in the know can authenticate a bag based on the serial number.  Seriously, there is a whole world you can't imagine on the forums of Purseblog.com.

I have a handbag-loving daughter who has several authentic bags. She could be an expert for the court. Most people that buy authentic bags keep the receipt (and the cloth storage bag and the box and all the hang tags). In particular, if you buy a Louis Vuitton bag and the leather is really light after a few weeks, chances are it's not authentic (real leather darkens and ages, cheapo leather stays very light). Plus you can go on the authentic LV site (or probably any high end bag site) and see if the bag you're looking at is actually a model that the brand puts out. I've seen lots of fake bags that are weird sizes/shapes. 

Plus if you buy it out of the back of the "purse lady's" minivan in the parking lot of your workplace, changes are it's FAKE.  Even if she says it "fell off the truck on the way to the store" (my cousin insists her fake LV that she bought at the Atlantic City boardwalk did just that) 

• Love 3

and they won't authenticate bags

Now that you mention it why should they?  That would be like asking a jeweler or antique dealer to do an appraisal for free.

I like a nice looking real leather handbag myself, but I doubt I'll ever own one with a serial number!

Edited by zillabreeze
  • Love 3

I know, right? Asked him again today when it will air, said he still doesn't know. Oh, how I wish I could say "Don't hang me up because people are laying in popcorn, cookies and cheezballs." Here's a tidbit: he called the producer to find out the air date and to ask for his paperwork to be returned. You know how Byrd gets all stabby with those who linger at the end and try to grab their paperwork? That's because you have to leave it there and it is returned to you "later," as in "whenever." Which is clearly explained and agreed to by all participants before the taping, hence Byrd's impatience. 

Two littles to nibble on: JJ is "a sly old lady" and she "tricked" him.

He is totally unreliable and poofs when he goes on a binge or back to jail/prison so I am going to rely on this link instead of him. http://www.judgejudy.com/archives/2016-03-22

I would think that new cases replace reruns during sweeps periods? Sweeps dates here:

http://www.voiceovers.com/sweepscalendar.html

SUOMI!! How did I miss your name? My mother is a Finn and my grandmother immigrated here from Finland when she was nine.

• Love 2