Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Stay healthy, folks. In ten years of caregiving for my parents, I've run across loads of people in medical and medical-adjacent fields who I wouldn't trust to watch a houseplant. Sadly, the "home health aides" and "nurses" I see on JJ don't surprise me.

Yep.  The person we bought our house from is a caregiver.  Works for an agency and everything.  The house was her ailing mother's home, but everything was in the daughter's name.  And the daughter lived there with the mother and took care of her.

She's a nice enough person, but this unnerved me:

The condition of the oven when we moved in - filthy - same with the cooktop - tons of burnt-on food.

The condition of the carpet - badly stained - essentially ruined.

The condition of the stairs at the back - mostly would be used in an emergency, but they were rotten.

The conditions under the ramp out front - cartons worth of cigarette butts, just dropped between the slats and on to the ground below.

The condition of the refrigerator - one word: gross - full of duct tape and electrical tape - horribly stained - wouldn't come clean - finally got rid of it.

The condition of the bedroom carpet (dropped a curling iron and ruined it) and linoleum in the kitchen (lots of cigarette burns).

The condition of the toilet - the seat was vinyl and was cracked (eeew!) - when installing a new seat, my husband yelled "How in the HELL do you get poop UNDER the toilet?!?!?"

I shouldn't be surprised, though.  Lots of "nurses" and teachers and other professionals on "Hoarders" all the time........yikes!

• Love 4

when installing a new seat, my husband yelled "How in the HELL do you get poop UNDER the toilet?!?!?"

My father had uncontrollable Crohn's disease. Trust me, it's possible. That doesn't mean you don't clean it up immediately. That house sounds like a horror -- best of luck!

Edited by designing1
  • Love 2

My father had uncontrollable Crohn's disease. Trust me, it's possible. That doesn't mean you don't clean it up immediately. That house sounds like a horror -- best of luck!

We got it mostly cleaned up.  It took a good month's work, but the stove top is clean, but has some slight damage from not cleaning it.  The oven needs another self cleaning cycle, and it should be good.  We're replacing the linoleum this year, and the kitchen counters, which are old and damaged (she left the faucet leak under the counter, and it ruined the counter).  Replacing carpet will have to wait until next year, but we're calling Stanley Steamer to see if they can at least get the living room and hall clean to hold us another year.  We just try not to look at the melted part in the bedroom.  The fridge is gone  - we kept it until our tax refund came in, and then we got another one.  The cigarette butts got sucked up with the leaves.

As for the toilet, we figured it may have overflowed or something - happens to the best of us, but yes, that doesn't mean you don't clean it up.  She left limescale build up in the hole in the bowl so badly that I thought it was unfinished porcelain.  We have most of it out that's visible, but I fear we'll have to drain it and put strong limescale stuff down there because the toilet backs up a lot, so I'm thinking it runs deeper.  I guess I just can't understand how people just don't care about their living surroundings like that. 

• Love 1

I'm not criticizing, but just stating a fact when I say that a cat's mouth is teeming with bacteria and cat bites - without medical intervention -  can be fatal to humans. Scratches are not.

Guess you've never had cat scratch fever (which is a real thing, not just a Ted Nugent song). Cats scratch in the litter pan which is full of pee and poop and outside dirt and cat butt bacteria and it gets under their lovely sharp nails. It can cause local infection and some serious swollen lymph nodes. I imagine if somebody is immune compromised in any way (or taking meds that make them immune compromised) an infected cat scratch can be very serious (I've had infected cat scratches but not the whole lymph node deal and they hurt like a mofo and required antibiotics to clear). 

• Love 2

This episode might be a rerun, but I never saw it.

First episode, first case: For the folks (like me) who are easily upset by stories of animal cruelty, I strongly suggest that you press MUTE for the first 2 min 45 seconds of the show. I was expecting a case about hillbilly fireworks, so the upsetting story about a dog came without warning (well, for me.....but now, you've been warned!). Mr. Sanders is a nuisance neighbor who drinks, gets loud, and has fights every weekend. He and his stupid friends shoot off fireworks close to his house and his neighbors' houses. One of his fireworks landed on Mrs. Anderson's roof -- the photos showed a visible burn.  I disagree with JJ's ruling here.  She said that Mrs. Anderson replaced her roof 15 years ago.....and she replaced it 15 years before that. So, JJ told Mrs. Anderson that it's time to get a new roof, and Mr. Sanders isn't going to pay for it. Believe me, I HATE that the sale of fireworks is legal in Florida, and I HATE that some of my neighbors feel the need to bother the rest of us.

Second case -- The plaintiff's brother was in prison and she bought him clothes for Father's Day. Leave it to JJ to drop some common sense one that one -- "Why?! He's not your fatha! He's your brutha!" A lot of details came flying by in bits and pieces...the guy was given a life sentence over 10 years ago, somehow got out, was arrested twice for domestic violence, and is now transgender. The plaintiff, Yavaughnie, said he no longer needs the clothes she bought him because he's transgender, and she wants the clothes back. (BTW - I'm using the masculine pronouns because everyone in court did.) This case infuriated JJ.

Third case -- The defendant, Mr. Nelson, was beyond smug. So so smug. And he definitely sports that stupid beard just to bring extra attention upon himself. The plaintiff, Delanie Cooper, must have found that attractive because she had been his girlfriend and gave him money. They both seemed like real assholes in the hallterview.

Second episode, first case -- The plaintiffs, Mr. Dean Crutchfield (who kept calling JJ "sir") and his ex-wife/live-in girlfriend, Tammy Kerrigan, were suing Tammy's other ex-husband Tim. The daughter of the plaintiff and the defendant sounds like her life is a complete mess, and she is on a road to nowhere. Tammy and Dean  didn't pay attention to the daughter, but the defendant, Tim, (the girl's dad) knew that she was being truant and should have her phone taken away from her. Dean said he repeatedly bought the girl cell phones, and he claimed that Tim smashed up one of the phones. JJ took Dean's story and shot many holes through it, which made him nearly lose his patience completely. JJ agreed with Dad Tim's thoughts about taking electronics away from wayward teens and repeatedly told the plaintiffs that they should not be purchasing new items for this girl. In the hallterview, Tim said that he has rules and boundaries for his daughter and she doesn't always like it (obviously), and Dean claimed that the girl goes into the "embryonic position" whenever she sees her dad's number come up on the phone. Sidenote: Tammy needed to put a cardigan over that beach coverup she was sporting. Another sidenote: Tim looks like he has aged better than Tammy.

• Love 2

The cellphone case absolutely infuriates me!  Mr Crutchfield has a MAJOR malfunction in his brain if he thinks his g/f teenage daughter MUST have a phone or she will just DIE!!

Another thing: to my dear friends who post here, if you have such an addiction to your cellphone, I hope you can wean yourselves off it.

I see lots of young people whose phones never leave their hand!  I do hope no one here does that.  Hugs!

Edited by Brattinella
  • Love 4

The fireworks on the roof -- nice of JJ to give the lady $250.  But I thought JJ sorta hoodwinked the lady, by getting her to say that, basically, she's a responsible homeowner -- replaces her roof about every 15 years.  Yeah, maybe it was time again, but maybe not.  The roof looked fine to me, except for the burn marks.  The shingles were in good shape and they were flat, not curled. 

However, the burns marks didn't look so bad that there would be a water leak because of them.  So maybe that was justice.

How does someone get a life sentence and then released after ten years?  Crap. 

• Love 3

I see lots of young people whose phones never leave their hand!  I do hope no one here does that.  Hugs

I drive into my community today - there's a little girl who just had surgery on her broken elbow a couple of months ago from falling off her bike.  She's about 11. She's riding down the middle of the street on one of those devilish disco-light-flashing hoverboards talking on a cell phone. Right down the middle of the street where people turn in from the six lane highway at breakneck speed. On her freaking hoverboard - on the cell phone. What the Sam Hill is she doing with a cell phone? On a damn hoverboard???? Where the heck is her mutha????

(This time change has left me very "get off my lawn-ish" today)

• Love 9

Second episode, first case -- The plaintiffs, Mr. Dean Crutchfield (who kept calling JJ "sir") and his ex-wife/live-in girlfriend, Tammy Kerrigan, were suing Tammy's other ex-husband Tim. The daughter of the plaintiff and the defendant sounds like her life is a complete mess, and she is on a road to nowhere. Tammy and Dean didn't pay attention to the daughter, but the defendant, Tim, (the girl's dad) knew that she was being truant and should have her phone taken away from her. Dean said he repeatedly bought the girl cell phones, and he claimed that Tim smashed up one of the phones. JJ took Dean's story and shot many holes through it, which made him nearly lose his patience completely. JJ agreed with Dad Tim's thoughts about taking electronics away from wayward teens and repeatedly told the plaintiffs that they should not be purchasing new items for this girl. In the hallterview, Tim said that he has rules and boundaries for his daughter and she doesn't always like it (obviously), and Dean claimed that the girl goes into the "embryonic position" whenever she sees her dad's number come up on the phone. Sidenote: Tammy needed to put a cardigan over that beach coverup she was sporting. Another sidenote: Tim looks like he has aged better than Tammy.

Dean definitely had an agenda, and JJ kept throwing him off his game. Dean and Tammy divorced because of his drinking, but he was never drunk around little girl. They reunited and moved back in together, but didn't remarry because they fell out of love and it was water under the bridge. Maybe it's just me, but Dean just made no sense. Maybe he would have been more believable if JJ had let him give his rehearsed story instead of asking those pesky questions.

My thoughts on the smashed phone - I believe somebody stomped the hell out of it. Problem for the Dean is, I think the daughter could have stomped it and told Mom Dad did it. I think daughter could be making Dad out to be a bad parent so she can go back to live where she can get away with pretty much anything.

Just a thought on how Tammy seems to have aged more than Tim (ex-hubby #1). Really no evidence, but I wonder if custody wasn't awarded to Tim at time of divorce because Tammy had similar lifestyle as Dean, the admitted alcoholic.

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 3

I drive into my community today - there's a little girl who just had surgery on her broken elbow a couple of months ago from falling off her bike.  She's about 11. She's riding down the middle of the street on one of those devilish disco-light-flashing hoverboards talking on a cell phone. Right down the middle of the street where people turn in from the six lane highway at breakneck speed. On her freaking hoverboard - on the cell phone. What the Sam Hill is she doing with a cell phone? On a damn hoverboard???? Where the heck is her mutha????

(This time change has left me very "get off my lawn-ish" today)

GAH!!!  For God's Sake!

I drive into my community today - there's a little girl who just had surgery on her broken elbow a couple of months ago from falling off her bike. She's about 11. She's riding down the middle of the street on one of those devilish disco-light-flashing hoverboards talking on a cell phone. Right down the middle of the street where people turn in from the six lane highway at breakneck speed. On her freaking hoverboard - on the cell phone. What the Sam Hill is she doing with a cell phone? On a damn hoverboard???? Where the heck is her mutha????

Good grief, that borders on child abuse - she needs a blue tooth.

Seriously, though, at least she's outside playing - now if the parents could instill a little more common sense.

Edited by SRTouch

My thoughts on the smashed phone - I believe somebody stomped the hell out of it. Problem for the Dean is, I think the daughter could have stomped it and told Mom Dad did it. I think daughter could be making Dad out to be a bad parent so she can go back to live where she can get away with pretty much anything.

Just a thought on how Tammy seems to have aged more than Tim (ex-hubby #1). Really no evidence, but I wonder if custody wasn't awarded to Tim at time of divorce because Tammy had similar lifestyle as Dean, the admitted alcoholic.

I can actually imagine Tim smashing the phone....maybe his temper got the best of him. Maybe he was trying to dole out some discipline and his daughter wouldn't take her eyes off the phone, so he did the old grab-and-stomp. I could imagine myself doing something like that...though I might be more of a 'throw it in the middle of the street' type of person. 

And your theory about Tammy: BINGO!

Edited by CoolWhipLite
  • Love 3

Second case -- The plaintiff's brother was in prison and she bought him clothes for Father's Day. Leave it to JJ to drop some common sense one that one -- "Why?! He's not your fatha! He's your brutha!" A lot of details came flying by in bits and pieces...the guy was given a life sentence over 10 years ago, somehow got out, was arrested twice for domestic violence, and is now transgender. The plaintiff, Yavaughnie, said he no longer needs the clothes she bought him because he's transgender, and she wants the clothes back. (BTW - I'm using the masculine pronouns because everyone in court did.) This case infuriated JJ.

I wondered if the plaintiff was also transgendered----she had that angular male look about her.

• Love 2

Dean definitely had an agenda, and JJ kept throwing him off his game. Dean and Tammy divorced because of his drinking, but he was never drunk around little girl. They reunited and moved back in together, but didn't remarry because they fell out of love and it was water under the bridge. Maybe it's just me, but Dean just made no sense. Maybe he would have been more believable if JJ had let him give his rehearsed story instead of asking those pesky questions.

Judge Judy made a comment about how she wasn't going to go into that any deeper because she probably wouldn't like the answer (or something similar), which made my guess that they didn't re-marry so that the mother could claim some sort of benefits.  She apparently already knows how to game the system because she gave the dad permission to move, and then called the cops on him.

• Love 4

Good grief, that borders on child abuse - she needs a blue tooth.

Seriously, though, at least she's outside playing - now if the parents could instill a little more common sense.

LMAO!!!!!  I'll see you in court for the money owe me for my new monitor.

• Love 1

Omigod, this case sounds perfect.  By any chance, did JJ scream out "He's TRANSGENDAH!!"

• Love 4

Omigod, this case sounds perfect.  By any chance, did JJ scream out "He's TRANSGENDAH!!"

I was waiting for JJ to say "He's transgendered! II presume he transitioned from male to female. So what does he need the Y-fronts, 3 piece business suit, Harris tweed trousers, button down dress shirts for? He's not going to wear Y-fronts now and the other clothing you wrote in your complaint is he? Hey! Madame. Is your brotha gonna t' wear Y-fronts now that he's transitioned to a female? Case dismissed!"

• Love 1

I noticed something in the Pez dispenser case on rewatch. When JJ gave one the woman claimed was a piece of crap to Byrd, saying since the woman claims it's worthless, maybe Byrd would like it, the woman's eyes nearly bugged right out of her head. Cracked me up.

• Love 10

GARAGE DOOR CASE:

JJ (to young boy who she placed in the Hot Seat): "What's your name?"

Boy: "C' Andre"

JJ:  "What does that mean?  Is it French?"

Boy: "I don't know"

Mom:  I just wanted a name that started with C, because his Father's name starts with C"

JJ: "And Charles was taken?"  (said in a Yiddish manner)

Can't they deputize Byrd to arrest these clowns for flagrant misuse of the apostrophe?

PEZ CASE:

This is some real serious shit here.  Bitch was holding up the 2 giant photos of the supposedly subpar silver plated Pez containers (Silver plated Pez-, WTF? Why?) so long that she looked like a grieving parent at a rally for kidnapped and missing children.  Even JJ told her to put them down.

BEST PART-- JJ decides to appropriate one of the silver Pez and gives it to Byrd.  (Byrd later tosses it out, after discovering he can't use it to fill out his Sudoku book.)

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 7

Hi, everyone. I'm trying to find out if there have been new episodes this week since I'm only able to watch on weekends now. Have any of you had new episodes? I'm trying to figure it out from your posts, but I must be dense tonight because I can't tell.

Yes! New episode today. However, it was a bit slow and there was only 1 case in the episode. Plaintiff got 3 months free rent for a salon space and then left 7 days before she would have to start paying rest, so she claimed that the space wasn't zoned for a salon. Wanted the defendant to pay her for all of the 'improvements' that she made.

• Love 2

The biggest yawner of a new episode today so don't waste your time. Salon owner accuses landlord of not having proper zoning permit to allow for a salon. Frankly, it was so boring that I quickly lost interest. There was WAY too much back and forth about who should have gotten the permit and whether plaintiff was in the space just for the free three months rent. I could not believe the amount of time JJ spent on this mind numbing case....the entire show! Plaintiff and Defendant were both normal looking people who dressed normally and had relatively decent grammar. So, yeah, yawn. Pass the sushi.

Edited by Spunkygal
  • Love 4

So bored with all the reruns, I had the show on and muted the sound to work on something and glanced up at the TV to see one of the more amusing litigant titles, "Brent Pease -- Had A Birthday Party."

From the looks of him, it appeared to be of the "pity" variety.

First we have a new episode with a woman trying to open a small business. She finds a space for her hair salon, and owner gives her three months rent free to set up and get off the ground. A week before her free time is up, she writes a letter telling owner she's breaking the lease and moving out. Now she's in court suing owner, claiming it's the owner's fault the space isn't zoned for a hair salon. Owner says hold on, the previous tenant ran a salon here for years, the plaintiff is just overwhelmed setting things up and is looking for an out. I agree, as did JJ, plaintiff is finding out why most small businesses fail. She needs to regroup, do her research and start over. The purpose of the government's Small Business Administration is to help people starting out. Having never started a small business, I don't know how much help they'd be, but I have a feeling the plaintiff was woefully unprepared.

Next we have rerun episode. I skip 1st case - dog attack. 2nd case is plaintiff wanting her fix-it ticket paid by defendant because she was driving defendant's car. JJ can't get plaintiff to understand that she is responsible when she dismisses case.

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 1

I have a feeling the plaintiff was woefully unprepared.

First clue:  "I didn't read the contract until after I signed it."   I think that's when she lost JJ.  I applaud her for wanting to start a business - I hope she gets some good advice and makes a go of it. And reads the contracts.

• Love 4

"I didn't read the contract until after I signed it."   I think that's when she lost JJ.  I applaud her for wanting to start a business

Recognizing that these court shows are not necessarlly representative, we see too many plaintiffs and defendants who are too ignorant (not necessarily stupid) to function as grown ups. Good for you to try to start a business but for God's sake do a little research to figure what you need to do to get it started.

• Love 3

Recognizing that these court shows are not necessarlly representative, we see too many plaintiffs and defendants who are too ignorant (not necessarily stupid) to function as grown ups. Good for you to try to start a business but for God's sake do a little research to figure what you need to do to get it started.

A friend of mine owned a restaurant and had no clue what he was doing. The food was amazing, but as a business owner, he was completely ill-equipped. For example, some scammer called him and pretended to be the power company. They said they'd cut off his power if he didn't pay them $2,000 in prepaid debit cards from 7-11. Now, your average person with connected brain cells would say, "Well, that doesn't sound right. I'm not going to do that." Did he? Nope. He paid them. After he finally thought about it, he called me for advice because I wrote his insurance at the time. I'd actually had the foresight to cover him for something like this with a crime policy, but he never did get his paperwork together in order for me to get his dumb ass reimbursed.

(You'll notice that I wrote "owned a restaurant," not "owns a restaurant." He got his startup loan through the SBA as well. I'm not saying they don't do good work, but I agree that some people don't need to be in business for themselves or should at least take a damn class or two first.

• Love 7

I got an episode with a desperate mom of a 35 year son that she kept loaning big money to since 2010. She got more desperate to crazy to full-blown NUTZ as JJ kept questioning her, cuz stoic son paid back some money. Very weird, sad, real psychotic breakdown in hallway interview. On the other hand, son and cold stone fiancee were dismissive of the crazy. Mom needs meds and someone to take over her $ responsibly. Not son.

Makes me cringe and be super grateful that the dysfunctional side of my family is not that bad.

• Love 4

Whoops wrong thread - posted recap of new People's Court here instead of reruns of JJ.

So, JJ today has rerun of crazy limo company owner telling JJ driver will say anything to get $5 tip. Next case we laugh when JJ asks plaintiff what ex gf's birthday. He doesn't know, and she says it's the fourth of July. Bf asking for repayment of loan for ex's dog's vet bills. JJ says your dog, your bill.

Next episode has 3 cases. 1st a silly case about HOA towing truck which doesn't even belong to plaintiff. Little chuckle when plaintiff says reason he didn't finish paying because God forgave the debt (actually, claims he was told by the expiration brother in law that God told brother in law to forgive debt.) 2nd case woman moves out, and a year later sues ex for $5000 worth of stuff she abandoned. JJ gives her back 5yo tv.

Last case was commented on widely the first time around. Defendant in bright yellow shirt, shorts, and shoe without socks. JJ comments he is dressed for the beach not courtroom. I still have trouble believing he's not wearing wig. He admits he bought a $2800 commercial BBQ grill, and never finished paying. JJ tells him he has to pay.

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 1

<snip>

Last case was commented on widely the first time around. Defendant in bright yellow shirt, shorts, and shoe without socks. JJ comments on he is dressed for the beach not courtroom. I still have trouble believing he's not wearing wig. He admits he bought a $2800 commercial BBQ grill, and never finished paying. JJ tells him he has to pay.

Hubby and I were howling over his HORRIBLE wig!

• Love 2

Yeah somebody should've told him auditions for The Wiz are thataway.

If I don't see another dog case it will be too soon. I'd rather see more bad-ass-kids than dog cases. After all, dogs are gonna dog.

• Love 5

If I don't see another dog case it will be too soon. I'd rather see more bad-ass-kids than dog cases. After all, dogs are gonna dog.

A while back we went through a stretch where it seemed like every other case was dummy with dogs. Well, reruns are here, and I fear those dog cases are coming back around.
  • Love 3

I fear those dog cases are coming back around.

One rerun today(involving a pit , of course) JJ used that "rescue" tone, disdain that she does.  I HATE that.  It's hard enough to wean people off the damn puppy mills and her pointing out that bad pits are often rescues doesn't help.  Pits suck, but the majority of other rescue dogs are awesome.

Edited by zillabreeze
  • Love 3

Whoops wrong thread - posted recap of new People's Court here instead of reruns of JJ.

So, JJ today has rerun of crazy limo company owner telling JJ driver will say anything to get $5 tip. 

Wow, the utter air of bafflement at the idea that anything might not go his way. He just needs to say that something happened, and Judy's supposed to take his side! And she's just all "go out there, get your lawyer to send the piece of paper to prove you aren't the liar I totally know you are".

• Love 2

Pits suck, but the majority of other rescue dogs are awesome.

Pits don't suck.  Some of the dumbasses that own them do.  Just as the "nurses" and "teachers" that we see as litigants don't reflect real life nurses and teachers, these assholes don't accurately reflect those of us that have rescued pit bulls.  Dogs will be dogs, no matter what the breed.  Owners need to be responsible.  

Sidenote - I was bitten by one of those little yappy dogs that are actually rats that bark one night while I was walking.  I was in the street and the moron that owned the little demon opened his front door without any regard for keeping the dog inside.  The little fucker ran into the street and when I, like the idiot I sometimes am, tried to help him catch the little bastard it bit me on the finger.  The skin wasn't broken and no real harm was done, but I let that jackwagon know that if it ever happened again I would personally kick his sorry ass.  At least he was too smart to sue me for "harassment".  

Edited by DebbieW
  • Love 6

My goodness, it is special snowflake day on the reruns!  Wow.

And I think if I tried I couldn't come up with a better stripper name than Star de Luna.   Either that, or her parents were especially cute.

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 1

My goodness, it is special snowflake day on the reruns!  Wow.

And I think if I tried I couldn't come up with a better stripper name than Star de Luna.   Either that, or her parents were especially cute.

There was a contestant on The Amazing Race years ago named Starr Spangler.  No, really.  

• Love 3

That kid put insurance on his "grandma's" laptop, not his phone.

I think Ms Sessions truly did come between a grandma and her grandson.

Hope Ms Reyes, who is like a grandma to the kid, watches this with an open mind. I agree kid probably did scratch the cars, so it might be best to stay away from him and his troublesome family. But Ms Sessions was caught in lie after lie. Ms Reyes should also distance herself from lying troublemaker Sessions.
  • Love 2

My hand to God......I had a friend in high school whose sister's name was Crystal Chandelier.

Back in the 70s, while I was in high school, I worked part time for a doctors' office. They had a patient whose family name was Outhouse. I just googled "family name outhouse" and found they have a genealogy page tracing the lineage back to the 1600s.