Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

You know what the truly horrific part is? These kinds of mass shootings have become so common that the shock value is totally dulled. You think, "Oh, another one? *sigh*" Maybe it's just me, but I've become inured to catastrophic violence and other nasties.Sad.

Nope, not just you. If a pile of dead six-year olds couldn't do anything to shake up the norm in this country, I decided nothing ever would. Just another shooting on another day ending with a "y." Sad indeed.

On a much lower run on the sad ladder, I just watched the rerun of the POS who broke into a couple's car, stole everything in it and the police never bothered to question him because he had three family members either on the force or retired from it. Gah!!!! Tommie "Pizza Delivery Man, 21" Dean (please don't post here, sir!) was glassy-eyed and unremorseful and blamed the whole thing on his friend, "Anthony"

I think I need to watch Maru videos on YouTube now.

Edited by Guest

I really hope they catch those shooters that caused JJ to be pre-empted... they should be hanged!

I got JJ tonight, but Jeopardy was pre-empted. They never miss a chance to pre-empt my favorite game show. They really shouldn't ever cancel Jeopardy.

As proof that we need more smart shows on TV, I got a text message today from one of my old friends from PA, asking if I was okay. I had no idea what she was talking about. Turns out, she was worried about me because of the shooting. The shooting that occurred in San Bernardino, 438 miles from where I live. When I pointed that out to her, she said she thought I was near LA. There's no part of Arizona that is "near" LA. Someone needs a geography lesson...

Anyway, I am blessed with my parents' company this week. They are obsessed with JJ, so I get their added snark while I watch. Today we were watching a rerun featuring a guy who borrowed $700 to get his deceased father's $20,000 life insurance policy. The plaintiff had on a blue shirt with a huge bow tie. It looked ridiculous. My mother promptly said, "It looks like someone gift-wrapped his neck!" It's going to be a fun few days.

• Love 7

Someone needs a geography lesson...

Geography is a lost art- when we were stationed in Honolulu, LOTS of tourists referred to the lower 48 as "back in the States"!  New Mexico doesn't always get credit for being in the USA either...

Of course I'm an old fart that can find my way quicker with a decent map, than having someone yammering directions at me through my truck speakers!

• Love 6

Geography is a lost art

That goes along with writing and speaking properly. What do you expect when a college student who was asked what separated East and West Berlin replied, "Ummm... a lake?"

I don't know if I should weep, laugh, or trash someone's room like the bestest JJ psycho.

• Love 7

Geography is a lost art- when we were stationed in Honolulu, LOTS of tourists referred to the lower 48 as "back in the States"!  New Mexico doesn't always get credit for being in the USA either...

Of course I'm an old fart that can find my way quicker with a decent map, than having someone yammering directions at me through my truck speakers!

Sorry to hear that New Mexico is sometimes seen as another country.  Hopefully, that mistake is made by people who don't actually live in the US.  I hope that there aren't US citizens out there that really think that a foreign country is snuggled in among us.

I am also a person that gets to places better by reading a map.  Probably because I'm a visual learner.  To me, a map is just like a floor plan to a really big, crowded, house.  The streets are merely the quickest route from the kitchen to the back bedroom while avoiding all the furniture.

To bring this back on topic, ... ... I got nothing.

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 2

That goes along with writing and speaking properly. What do you expect when a college student who was asked what separated East and West Berlin replied, "Ummm... a lake?"

I don't know if I should weep, laugh, or trash someone's room like the bestest JJ psycho.

You really missed a prime opportunity to pour sugar into the student's gas tank.

• Love 3

Just have to say this...I finished the carpool run early because the kids followed my instructions of not dilly-dallying around getting into and out of my car. Got the boys into the house, gave them their snack, got them upstairs and out of my kitchen. I tied on my apron. Got the stuff out of the fridge and the pans out of the cupboard. Flipped on the tv to JJ and.... :-(

And the cases were new too: sparks between neighbors, my money or my dress, and Romeo tells his story

Sorry to hear that New Mexico is sometimes seen as another country.

I was born in New Mexico - and people used to ask me if I was a U.S. Citizen (d'oh!) And my mother was Cuban so they used to ask me if she made good tacos and tamales (another d'oh!) I told them the only place my mom ever ate tacos was Taco Bell. 

Anyway, I am blessed with my parents' company this week. They are obsessed with JJ, so I get their added snark while I watch.

How lucky are you?!?!?! I NEVER get to share my JJ with anybody in my family. They think I'm nuts for my JJ obsession. 

My worst DMV experience was last year. I had to renew my DL and bring documents to make sure I was who I said I was. Don't ask me, the state of Flori-duh wanted to make sure. I had gotten divorced 9 years ago but kept my married name (which I had for the last 25 years).  I had all kinds of documents but apparently they couldn't trace the line between when I got married and divorced (I had birth certificate, church marriage certificate, divorce papers, annulment papers, etc, etc, all certified). I had to order a copy of my marriage license from the state of CA (d'oh on me, when I got divorced I tore that sh*t up) which cost me $37.00 plus expedited shipping. By that time my license was expired and I was driving around on a two week extension and I'm one of those people who thinks I'm going to get pulled over and hauled off to jail. It took me about two months to get it straightened out and six trips to the DMV to stand in line with all the other yahoos. Plus the emotional abuse - hey, I could have sued for that. . . . 

Edited by ItsHelloPattiagain
  • Love 4

Sorry to hear that New Mexico is sometimes seen as another country.  Hopefully, that mistake is made by people who don't actually live in the US.  I hope that there aren't US citizens out there that really think that a foreign country is snuggled in among us..

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I have a true story. A couple of years ago before I retired, I had the nicest lady as an executive assistant (a lady who is 5 yrs older than I). She is as nice as the day is long but not the sharpest tack in the box. One day I gave her a document to Fedex to a board member to his second home in Santa Fe. Thank goodness later in the day I walked by her mail out-box and saw that she had used an international air bill to ship this package. I took it to her and asked why she used an international airbill to send to Santa Fe and she looked at me with the biggest question mark floating in a bubble over her head. I patiently said that this address is domestic and she still didn't get it. BTW, we live in Texas so I asked what state is due west of Texas and, well, crickets chirped. So we had a geography lesson. It's a wonder I have any hair left.

• Love 10

Camped at the DMV even as we speak. Hoping I have enough documents with me! Hard to tell since all the signage is in languages I don't speak or read.

Looking forward to relaxing with our favorite judge if/when I get home...

• Love 2

she used an international airbill to send to Santa Fe

I don't have the words. Good lord.

And why are all you people getting documents, going to DMV and ordering copies of things? Just buy a car at 1:00a.m. from some shady guy on CL who says he found it on the way home, and drive the drive the damned thing. Never mind registrations, insurance, licenses and all that annoying stuff.  What a bunch of fusspots you are!

• Love 11

Ha! AngelaHunter!  Damn skippy. Silly me.

For those of you waitin' on your tax refund checks to come in, I learned about a new way to earn some money! If you have guests come over to hang out, you can charge them for utilities! Flush a toilet? Pay the toll!  Turn on a light? Pay the toll! Watch my TV? Yep, pay the toll!  Wacko gal on the repeat who managed to lose TWO roommates from a 3-bedroom house. Oddly, BOTH former roommates continued to pay their rent through the lease. But Wacko Gal decides one of 'em needs to pay 1/2 the utilities from the term of the lease. It was pretty silly, and yes, she used the arguments about the def. coming to visit and using the toilet and watching TV. JJ laughed her out of court. Defendant never even got to say "Hi."  Great kicker:  Plaintiff's witness very eager to testify. Judy asks her how often she visits Plaintiff's house.  Couple of times a week, but surprisingly, never pays utilities! Buh-bye!

The other one I saw was the "Not the Baby Daddy" suing for blah blah blah usual fishcakes. He wins, counterclaim dismissed, and idiot baby mama stands there and says to her friend, "What just happened? Is it over?"   Ha!  (But I did really love her way cool gold chain-y feathery earrings! Or were they hair doodads?)

• Love 3

Dear god! I can't believe (translation: I totally believe) that someone living in this country does NOT know that New Mexico is a U.S. state!! The linked Jalopnik story set my hair on fire.

No wonder JJ never runs out of idiots to appear on that show.

Episode 1, Case 1

JJ busted a lying defendant by making a phone call to a car insurance company. The defendant had an expression on her face that looked like she was about to beat the crap out of anyone at a moment's notice. I thought the plaintiff might have been a liar as well, because we had to wait a ridiculously long time for her to say how many car payments she had made. That case was boring.

Episode 1, Case 2

There was a plaintiff who claimed that her horse was stolen. The defendants included a chick who looked like a character from the Dark Crystal and gave curt answers with a smirk and a girl named London, who had a sneaky face and Sharpie eyebrows. Again, pretty boring. (Is the generation of children who have such names as London reaching adulthood? I feel old.)

I think the second episode was a rerun.

• Love 3

I think there was a Bachelor contestant who also got quite excited when she found out she was going to another country!  New Mexico! Where they wear sombreros!

(And I only admit to watching that program grudgingly. But you all know how it is.)

• Love 5

Sorry to hear that New Mexico is sometimes seen as another country.  Hopefully, that mistake is made by people who don't actually live in the US.  I hope that there aren't US citizens out there that really think that a foreign country is snuggled in among us.

New Mexico magazine regularly runs a column called "One of our 50  is missing", where New Mexico residents talk about their having to deal with people in other states who don't know that New Mexico is a state.

http://www.nmmagazine.com/one-of-our-50-is-missing/

• Love 3

Episode 1, Case 1

JJ busted a lying defendant by making a phone call to a car insurance company. The defendant had an expression on her face that looked like she was about to beat the crap out of anyone at a moment's notice. I thought the plaintiff might have been a liar as well, because we had to wait a ridiculously long time for her to say how many car payments she had made. That case was boring.

Episode 1, Case 2

There was a plaintiff who claimed that her horse was stolen. The defendants included a chick who looked like a character from the Dark Crystal and gave curt answers with a smirk and a girl named London, who had a sneaky face and Sharpie eyebrows. Again, pretty boring. (Is the generation of children who have such names as London reaching adulthood? I feel old.)

I think the second episode was a rerun.

CoolWhip! How can you forget the second case, which was a rerun! Rycharde "I loved her very hard" Gambin whose morals are so high that he could not accept the ticket to Italy that his short term lover, Cindy Clark, purchased. No thank you, he says, I will buy my own ticket and smirk every freaking second of the way. Their first date was Dec 31 and poor Cindy started researching ticket fares 3 days later. She actually purchased the ticket in March. Shit, Cindy, I'll be your travel agent. I've never paid more than $650 for a coach seat to Europe and you paid $2000 per ticket! Maybe I've been lucky to live in American's hub city, I dunno. Are you going business class with Mr Love Me Very Hard? Ouch says Spunkygal. Glad you like it rough, honey. You deserve what you get.

• Love 5

Hands up if you are really sick of and disgusted by: Animals attacking each other with horrific injuries!  Double hands if you hate seeing the dogs in their ridiculous costumes {OK, I KNOW I'm gonna get flack for that one}.

I remember being in Barnes and Noble and a COLLEGE STUDENT came up to me and asked me if she should look under Julius or Cesaer.  I suggested she check out the Graphic Novel section! {I'm a self admitted bitch.}

• Love 4

CoolWhip! How can you forget the second case, which was a rerun! Rycharde "I loved her very hard" Gambin whose morals are so high that he could not accept the ticket to Italy that his short term lover, Cindy Clark, purchased. No thank you, he says, I will buy my own ticket and smirk every freaking second of the way. Their first date was Dec 31 and poor Cindy started researching ticket fares 3 days later. She actually purchased the ticket in March.

Can you blame her? He "loved her very hard", doncha know....

Cleaning out the DVR rerun.  Girl gives guy fake high end watch, he sells it on ebay.  Since it's fake, PayPal takes the money out of his account and he wants girl to ante up.   JJ kept telling middle guy to get watch back from end buyer, return it to girl and she would award in his favor.

Dude kept trying to tell her neither eBay nor PayPal would facilitate the return of the fake watch and JJ BY GOD knew he was lying!  "Of course you can get it back if you ask!"  She repeated this several times with absolute conviction.

In JJ's Vast Wisdom of All Things Internet - she was dead fucking wrong.  eBay & PayPal take counterfeit/knockoff sales very seriously and absolutely do not return them.  Items are either destroyed - or held for evidence in serious cases.  She should know this even as a layperson, just because of the designer fake market on the streets of New York.

I don't know if the middle dude really did get "tooken" and I don't care.  I just can't stand it when anyone proclaims their opinion as truth, when even a cursory check would prove them wrong.  Makes my blood boil.  Truly intelligent people just don't do that,  It's not like you have to drive to the library and look shit up anymore. 

• Love 9

Oh, man....I want to see that one.  I have an eBay store and having never sold a fake anything I'm not sure how that works.  But I can see PP or EB not retuning the watch because he could turn around and sell it to someone else (off eBay).  And he totally should not keep the money.  Fraud.  Cops could/should be alerted.

Those two smirky blondes in the horse case I wanted to slap.  Tried to tell JJ she resold the horse for $100 and didn't have it anymore (which JJ didn't buy for a second).  Than a minute later she admitted it was still with her so she wouldn't have to pay back $1400.   Her Mother must be so proud........

Mr. "I loved her hard" is creepy as hell.  Poor gal must be lonely. 

We have JJ on at 4pm and another channel at 5.  Sadly, it's the same shows.  So I don't get to see a lot of the ones you get till later.  But it's fun to read ahead to see what to watch for.

That whole NM talk is hilarious.....sad....but hilarious.

• Love 1

And why are all you people getting documents, going to DMV and ordering copies of things? Just buy a car at 1:00a.m. from some shady guy on CL who says he found it on the way home, and drive the drive the damned thing. Never mind registrations, insurance, licenses and all that annoying stuff.  What a bunch of fusspots you are!

If you don't know how to drive it, I'm sure your stepdad or your momma's boyfriend could give you a few pointers!

• Love 2

Episode 1, Case 1

A man, who is now deceased, had a bunch of vultures taking his stuff while he was living in the cancer care center the month before he died. His son (who looked like Fat Albert with a massive head cold) made sure to swipe the 34" TV, stereo, DVDs, CDs out of his father's house during that month before he passed away. The defendant, "a pastor," claimed that his now-deceased friend told him to take the 50" because ......well a few excuses came up during the case --- the dying man said "the apartment smells like smoke, so you can take the TV to your place," or he said, "you don't have a TV, you can use this one," and the pastor's wife said, "he gave my husband the TV as a repayment for all of the nice things he did."

I have been with family members during the last months of their struggle with cancer. It makes my head hurt to think that people are so greedy and effing tacky that they say to the dying person, "hey, you're obviously not returning to your home...ever....you're dying here! So you don't need your stuff.  How 'bout I take it? Now. Don't worry, I'll go through all the drawers and closets -- I'll find all the good stuff, and uhh....take care of it for you." Or maybe they just stole the stuff out of the patient's home (that's probably what happened, since the litigants know that the deceased man can't call bullshit on their stories now).

Episode 1, Case 2

A man was paying child support to his ex-gf/wife after the child moved out her house and into grandma's house. Then, his ex wanted more money for medical bills. The 'child' said he's 20 years old and works FT at Macy's. I guess the bills were from when he was 17? The mother claimed the medical bills were for his ADD treatment (maybe his meds and doctor visits?). JJ told her to get lost and use the money she pilfered from grandma.

The next episode is a rerun -- the woman who carried a bat while walking her dog.

• Love 3

In JJ's Vast Wisdom of All Things Internet - she was dead fucking wrong.  eBay & PayPal take counterfeit/knockoff sales very seriously and absolutely do not return them.

But he had a letter from the buyer, wanting to send the watch back and get his money without involving Ebay or PayPal. Plaintiff told the buyer, "I can't accomodate you." Duh, he spent the money.

Aside from that, I'm trying to imagine myself sending three thousand dollars to some doofus for a Rollex watch, sight unseen and just taking his word that it's real. Nope, I can't imagine it.

• Love 3

Maybe it is just me but if I was buying a Rolex from anyone except a Rolex authorized dealer, my purchase contract would give me some time period (10 days?) to take the watch to an authorized Rolex dealer for confirmation of authenticity and allow me to return it and get a full refund if it was not authentic. That is assuming that the seller would still be selling Rolexes out of his car trunk at the same bus stop.

• Love 2

Maybe it is just me but if I was buying a Rolex from anyone except a Rolex authorized dealer, my purchase contract would give me some time period (10 days?) to take the watch to an authorized Rolex dealer

How suspicious of you. Don't you know that anyone posting anything on CL or EBay is beyond reproach and should be trusted totally?

Just watched one ep so far, and unfortunately it was "Ricky and Roxanne Cash", two gutter rats who are so reprehensible that I cannot imagine why anyone with functioning brain cells would bother to give them a glass of water even if their feet were on fire.

"They were like family to me." Plaintiff seems like a lovely person, but she really needs a serious reality check. If Roxanne and Ricky were part of my family I'd change my name and move away.

• Love 4

Ok Judge Judge peeps, I have an obscure question for your collective tv watching brains. The mom of the plaintiff in the tv case really reminded me of a comedian doing a character. I just can't get my mind to remember which comedian or character. I think it may have even been a man doing a woman, maybe someone on SNL?

Also, being a heavy woman myself, I really loved the dress the plaintiff's mom was wearing, it was really flattering to the fuller figure and I wish I knew where it came from.

• Love 1

NYCFree, I just watched and I'll play!~

Could it be Flip Wilson as "Geraldine"? I see a resemblance, if you picture Flip with what appeared to be a large Christmas ornament on his head:

PNDuaBA.jpg

It was pretty nasty seeing them all fighting like hyenas with the last bone over a stupid TV.

• Love 4

NYCFree, I just watched and I'll play!~

Could it be Flip Wilson as "Geraldine"? I see a resemblance, if you picture Flip with what appeared to be a large Christmas ornament on his head:

PNDuaBA.jpg

It was pretty nasty seeing them all fighting like hyenas with the last bone over a stupid TV.

You know, may have been Geraldine--I didn't cast my memory back far enough.

Yes, fighting over dead body pickings is an apt description.

Angela, I had thought Geraldine, too! (Doncha know there's a bunch of folks going, "Huh? Who?" ha! I LOVED the Flip Wilson show!)

As much as the pit bull cases are aggravating, I find the family-suing-family cases worse.  Had this one turned down; it was just so icky.  But NYCFree, I too, liked the mom's dress!

I'm finding the "new" cases really boring and uninspired.  The reruns earlier in the day (here) are usually better, or at least more fun.

• Love 2

Did anyone notice that the label on the pastor's suit sleeve was still on? Considering how ill fitting it was, I'll bet he just grabbed it from a store, appeared on JJ, and then returned it. So he could run home and watch his precious 50" TV. Preach, baby.

The lengths that people go to on JJ to argue about/swindle items that cost at most a couple of hundred dollars always astounds me.

• Love 8

Wasn't the excuse the pastor used that something happened to his residence so he needed a place to stay temporarily and the dying man said he could stay at his place? And the pastor said he couldn't because it was too smoky so he was going to get a room at a hotel across the street so the dying man told him to take his tv so he could watch an important game?

That would kind of make sense. And he probably took the bigger tv because it was a light flat screen versus a bulky smaller older tv?

I can also see the dying man telling him to keep the tv for being a good friend and mentor over the years.  The man knew he was dying, so I don't see anything wrong with giving him something to thank him for caring.

I agree that having to go to court over this was somewhat tacky.

And I agree that I really loved the outfit plaintiff's mom was wearing.  

• Love 2

Did anyone notice that the label on the pastor's suit sleeve was still on? Considering how ill fitting it was, I'll bet he just grabbed it from a store, appeared on JJ, and then returned it.

I noticed, but I was doubting it came from a store unless it was the WayBack Store that still sells clothes that were in style in 1974..

Wasn't the excuse the pastor used that something happened to his residence so he needed a place to stay temporarily

I believe he said he was having martial problems. Why didn't he just give the TV back, if those plaintiffs wanted it SO badly? Maybe I"m wrong but it's my understanding that men of the cloth don't concern themselves with material things.

• Love 7

Jeezuz, girl walking her pit bull while carrying a bat (The Hell?). The fashion choice of matching her teal blouse and her teal glasses was at least amusing.  I don't know if she adopted that squeaky little girl voice because she thought it was cute, but if that was her natural speaking voice she should have sold everything she owned in order to afford speech therapy or a vocal coach.  

• Love 1

I don't see anything wrong with carrying a bat while you are walking your dog.  If a dog attacks you, you can make it stop.  You sure aren't going to out-run a dog!  Another way to stop an attacking dog is with a spray bottle filled with ammonia.  (An ex-paper boy told me that one).

• Love 4

Plus she said she was walking alone.  If I was as tiny as she I might have something, too.  Pepper spray works on people and dogs.  My mailman always carried it on his route.

Missed the first 2/3 of the tv vultures.  Only caught about 2 min.  Being in the antique/vintage stuff business for almost 40 yrs I have been to many, many houses where the family is clearing out after someone dies and you would not believe the arguments I have heard over the most trivial shit.

Sad......

• Love 4