Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Thank you for all the well wishes, I am still around, but life isn't the same since I can't have lunch with JJ at noon...  I am doing more reading, and less posting!

We're having gavel-withdrawals. It's just not the same without your gavel rating. Is it possible to have the shows recorded for you? Should we send you a golden gavel with Toaster Strudel engraved on the side?

• Love 5

In the Walmart case, I was really impressed with the plaintiff in that she did everything she was told to do and gathered her evidence for JJ. Judge Judy had such glee with the amount of evidence the plaintiff had. I thought that despite initial appearances and impressions that the plaintiff represented herself well. Also, she represented so many others that have gone through JJ's courtroom in that she doesn't have a checking account, but at least she knows to give her landlord a money order rather than cash. I wish that JJ would have asked why they used Walmart for checks as JJ seemed to have growing respect for the plaintiff as the case progressed and it may have been an opportunity for her to learn that the poor can't afford banking services.

I was applauding JJ when she told beauty salon owner that she was a mean person. I felt that the pastor was really sincere and was trying to set up a summer camp which would keep some children off of the streets and she was all "drug dealer." Yet she did not have any stories of her clients being harassed, robbed, etc. by all of these 'druggies.' As judgmental as I am being about her, she was about people with whom she had absolutely no interactions and may have been trying to turn their lives around.

• Love 4

Good grief. I can't even with the despicable hair dresser. I hope she gets a LOT of backlash and goes out of business. She is at the top of my all time do not like litigant. She needs to be ashamed of herself. 

It was probably her clients that were complaining in the first place. I don't see it hurting her business, sadly.

My uncle is now a retired professor from a prestigious Ivy League school. When he bought a house in a part of town where there were no black folks, he got a visit from the local police department. Apparently, his neighbors had been calling to complain about drug activity at his home. He'd had the audacity to have a few friends over, all of whom were also successful and mostly black. The neighbors saw a bunch of brown people outside who were driving luxury cars and made the natural assumption that there was drug activity going on.

Mind you, not a single one of them had bothered to introduce themselves, welcome him to the neighborhood, or as ask a damn about him. They just automatically assumed he must be a drug dealer.

• Love 5
Mind you, not a single one of them had bothered to introduce themselves, welcome him to the neighborhood, or as ask a damn about him. They just automatically assumed he must be a drug dealer.

Reminds me of back when country singer Charley Pride moved into an upscale white neighborhood in Dallas and one of the neighbors promptly marched over and asked him if he was available to do her yard work, too.

• Love 4

Reminds me of back when country singer Charley Pride moved into an upscale white neighborhood in Dallas and one of the neighbors promptly marched over and asked him if he was available to do her yard work, too.

And he said he wasn't getting paid, he was sleeping with the lady inside.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

And he said he wasn't getting paid, he was sleeping with the lady inside.

You're right!  I had forgotten that part!  And he always told it with a terrrific eyewink & twinkle.  

As a youngster, I had the pleasure of dealing with both Mr & Mrs Pride in several retail situations- two of the kindest, most gracious people I have ever met.

• Love 2

Today's "Not Really Stepdaddy".  I wish JJ had in fact explored the reason he and "Not Really Wife" were living together 10 years after divorcing.  And how sad that the "Not Really Stepdaughter" was "curled up in the embryonic position." 

• Love 6

Finally watched yesterday's new cases. At first I thought Mr. Simoli(?) looked shifty but then realized that if he had assaulted Ms. O'Brian he wouldn't be calling attention to himself by bringing a case against her. Hannah, you are a fucking mess and a liar and a loser who doesn't have a stitch of evidence "with me today". Smarten up!

Loved the lying, uber-grotty Julissa who likes to drive (badly) with no license and no insurance and who crashed plaintiff's car. But plaintiff was just trying to take advantage - of what, we never found out.

• Love 4

Did anyone else have the case today of the red-dressed plaintiff with the bouncin' and behavin' hair (wig?) suing her ex?  JJ basically told her she was an idiot and a loser (for not paying child support), and she stormed off THROUGH A DOOR behind Byrd!!  Swooshed past the camera man and everything!  WHERE DID SHE GO?!?!?!  I must know!  Loved Judy's aside to the defendant:  "Her case is dismissed." 

Other great case featured Ms. Mooney who committed a litany of felonies when she parked her car in someone's driveway "by mistake"  and the broke into the home, borrowed the car keys, moved the owner's car, and then locked them out of their own home. I may have to follow up on that one and see if the DA did in fact chase her down and charge her. Judgement for the plaintiff in the amount of $5000. Woo hoo!  Sadly, no crime for being an idiot. Sometimes I think there should be.

Speaking of which, the 29-year old nurse who loaned the 19-year old beauty pageant entrant close to $2000.  They both drove me nuts. I'm not sure I'd loan my best friend that kind of cash, especially if I was living hand-to-mouth. Teenybopper giggled and smiled all through the trial, and then bawled giant crocodile tears during the hallterview.   My son was cracking up.

These older cases I'm getting are really good ones.  Enjoying them more than the new ones.

I have noticed lately more applause from the gallery.  Good to know they are paying attention, and not just there for the giant paycheck.

• Love 2

she stormed off THROUGH A DOOR behind Byrd!!

Damn, I didn't get that show today, and don't remember it from the past. I do remember the park in driveway - go in house - move car - lock actual owners out of the their own house case from long ago, it was a doozy.

• Love 3

Other great case featured Ms. Mooney who committed a litany of felonies when she parked her car in someone's driveway "by mistake"  and the broke into the home, borrowed the car keys, moved the owner's car, and then locked them out of their own home. I may have to follow up on that one and see if the DA did in fact chase her down and charge her. Judgement for the plaintiff in the amount of $5000. Woo hoo!  Sadly, no crime for being an idiot. Sometimes I think there should be.

Ah yes....the arrogant, self-entitled idiot Ms. Mooney aka CurlMD as her license plates say. I wanted to slap the cutesy, ridiculous expressions off her face. I wish she had parked in my driveway. Her ass would have been towed to Mexico. And then to walk in a stranger's home to get the car keys! I wish they had owned a hungry pit bull. Wonder if she took the bag of chips she ate out of their kitchen. I googled her and could not find any follow up litigation.

• Love 4

I googled her and could not find any follow up litigation

Bummer.  I have no idea when these originally aired, since my descriptions don't match anything.  But TPTB are digging out some great cases from the vaults!

The Step-father/not-step-father case was icky. I think everything JJ ferreted out was exactly what she expected to find. Mom looked like she may have "issues."

• Love 2

Ah yes....the arrogant, self-entitled idiot Ms. Mooney aka CurlMD as her license plates say. I wanted to slap the cutesy, ridiculous expressions off her face. I wish she had parked in my driveway. Her ass would have been towed to Mexico. And then to walk in a stranger's home to get the car keys! I wish they had owned a hungry pit bull. Wonder if she took the bag of chips she ate out of their kitchen. I googled her and could not find any follow up litigation.

THIS had me coughing and sputtering! 

• Love 1

Did anyone else have the case today of the red-dressed plaintiff with the bouncin' and behavin' hair (wig?) suing her ex?  JJ basically told her she was an idiot and a loser (for not paying child support), and she stormed off THROUGH A DOOR behind Byrd!!  Swooshed past the camera man and everything!  WHERE DID SHE GO?!?!?!  I must know!  Loved Judy's aside to the defendant:  "Her case is dismissed." 

Speaking of which, the 29-year old nurse who loaned the 19-year old beauty pageant entrant close to $2000.  They both drove me nuts. 

A litigant storming off through a forbidden door?! A case involving a beauty pageant contestant?! And a woman with a license plate that reads CURLMD?!  Dammit, I picked the wrong day to go to a doctor's appointment. I missed all of this. 

On another note, I just want to let ToasterStrudel know -- I am sending good thoughts your way! Fingers crossed for a donor.  

• Love 4

The best part of the CURLMD license plate bit was that the plaintiffs (victims) thought she was a doctor, so they trolled area hospitals looking for the car. No, she's a hair dresser.  But specializes in perms, or some nonsense.  (And didn't she end up living across the street from them, or something?!)

CoolWhip and 27bored you guys need to step up the recaps while Toaster's JJ station has her on late-in-the-day status. You both do a great job, even if they come in after the fact.  Still loads of fun to read.   I hereby bonk you on the noggins with gavels.  Now get busy!  ;-)

• Love 5

I think everything JJ ferreted out was exactly what she expected to find. Mom looked like she may have "issues."

Crutchfield was Creepy. Mom looked about 25 years older than her first hubby. I"m pretty sure she and Crutch didn't remarry because she's collecting some sort of benefits (SSI, welfare, whatever)that would be curtailed or ended if she were married. The daughter skips school and flunks out so Crutch buys her an $800 phone, cuz that'll teach her a good lesson.

I sat through the rerun of CurlMD, just as stunned as I was the first time. There is something seriously wrong with her. Bitch just isn't right in the head.

I wish they had owned a hungry pit bull.

That would have done no good in my house. The worst my "hungry pit bull" would have done is bruise her shins with her lashing tail and beg for treats.

she stormed off THROUGH A DOOR behind Byrd!!  Swooshed past the camera man and everything!  WHERE DID SHE GO?!?!?!

I amused myself by picturing her charging into the set of a soap opera, or Judge Milian's court. "Whoa, whoa! Douglas!! Get that woman!"

• Love 3

The best part of the CURLMD license plate bit was that the plaintiffs (victims) thought she was a doctor, so they trolled area hospitals looking for the car. No, she's a hair dresser. But specializes in perms, or some nonsense. (And didn't she end up living across the street from them, or something?!)

In my brief googling to attempt to find the follow up litigation, I did see some highly positive Yelp reviews on her curling technique, so I guess she is the Michael DeBakey of curls, therefore making her CurlMD. And I believe it was the hair salon that was located down the street from the driveway but the Plaintiff's sister works in the dry cleaners across the street which is where Dingbat Dr Curl boasted about breaking in the house AND LOCKING THE PLAINTIFF OUT OF THE HOUSE! But really, you park in someone's driveway and couldn't leave a note? Ridiculous beyotch.

CoolWhip and 27bored you guys need to step up the recaps while Toaster's JJ station has her on late-in-the-day status. You both do a great job, even if they come in after the fact. Still loads of fun to read. I hereby bonk you on the noggins with gavels. Now get busy! ;-)

I second the motion!

Oh poop. My comment to the first part of Sandy's post is stuck in the quote of her post! I guess I don't know how to comment on each post separately. Oh well, I guess it's like one of those hidden pictures in Highlights magazine.

Edited by Spunkygal
  • Love 3

Oh man, I'm jealous of you guys who got to see the rerun of CurlMD...she was so hilarious. She just seemed flabbergasted that no one saw the "sense" in what she did...of course you would just walk in to some stranger's house to get their keys to move their car!

• Love 3

Talented Tenth, I certainly didn't mean AXE as anything racial. I hear it all the time at work and it's certainly not color-specific. There are times where I'm doing dictations and hear doctors with horrific grammar ("I explained the patient" instead of "I explained TO the patient" - I have several who are enamoured with 'due to the fact that" instead of "because"). 

I don't consider "aks" to be bad grammar.  It's called metathesis which is what happens sometimes when something is easier on the tongue.  There are several words throughout history which have changed because enough people said them a way that was easier and a way that transposed two of the letters. I also don't like the pretense that certain words aren't associated with a certain group or race of people.   I have noticed examples of metathesis such as "realator" and "jewlery" (which are said by people of multiple racial backgrounds) don't get as much attention as "aks" (which generally has a connotation to blacks).  

I do understand that almost all of us are from TelevisionWithoutPity and there is a snarky element that is prevalent on a majority of the forums.  What I dislike is how innocent people are raked over the coals for things they have no control over such as their names, k-12 education, their weight at that moment and certain hardships.  I do think things we can control such as hairstyles, clothing, tattoos, etc. are fair game.  There are people from various walks of life who read these boards, but it's as if some people aren't mindful of that or think everyone who is reading is just like them.

• Love 2

I don't feel I have the duty to be "nice" to everyone, ESPECIALLY to a stranger I will never meet.  This is a country of free speech (so far).

ETA:  And the people that I snark on are on TV, voluntarily, serving up their crimes, foibles AND appearance for everyone to see. 

Edited by Brattinella
  • Love 11

What I dislike is how innocent people are raked over the coals for things they have no control over

Personally I've never seen ANY innocent/ nice/decent/moral/responsible people being raked over the coals or ridiculed for anything that's not under their control and not even if it IS under their control.

People who beat their kids, are registered sex offenders, steal money from their children, scam their mothers, vandalize property or exchange sexual favours for sofas are not innocent and deserve every snark they get, IMO. They deserve way worse than that, but snark is the best we can do.

• Love 10
(edited)

One thing I really liked about TWOP is that people weren't allowed to criticize other people's opinions.  They could state their own opinion as they pleased, but they could never censure other posters because they didn't agree with their thoughts/ideas/criticism.  It made for an interesting read for everyone devoid of petty one-on-one disputes.

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 14

One thing I really liked about PTV is that people weren't allowed to criticize other people's opinions.  They could state their own opinion as they pleased, but they could never censure other posters because they didn't agree with their thoughts/ideas/criticism.  It made for an interesting read for everyone devoid of petty one-on-one disputes.

How are you feeling?  Is there anything that I can do to help you?  Can anyone here help you?  I hope you are well!

• Love 4

Not to be an ass, but why are you writing in the past tense Toaster Strudel? I completely agree with your post, it is just that the tense is throwing me off. 

And while I am not a donor, I do hope that you find the support that you need, wherever it comes from. 

Sorry, I meant TWOP!  Wrong abbreviation.  I have edited my post accordingly.

• Love 1

What the hell I will triple post: Are any of you experiencing library computer server issues across the USA? Here in my county our library's servers have been down for almost 3 weeks. That means I can't download to my Kindle and I was next in line on two books for download that I have been waiting for for 3 plus months. I can't get answers from the library except Servers are down, we are working on it. They have to do everything old school now, which I find kind of funny if the newbies don't know how to do it. What? I stamp the due date on this little card? I need to speak with the union bosses please! Haha I jest.

I haven't been to a library in AGES!  Wonderful old rooms!  I use my Kindle every day, and I get my books for free on the internet.  I even have an e-book search engine, if you would like the link to that.

• Love 1

Today's Episodes:

"The Good Samaritan of Kitchens; Big Time Buyer's Remorse"
New, 11/04/2015, Reality, Crime, Courtroom
A man claims he was being kind to his landlord when he ripped out all of her kitchen appliances right before he moved out; a woman presses charges against her sister's ex-boyfriend because she claims he owes her money for a paid car.

"No Job...No Car!; Roommate Retaliation Party?"
New, 11/04/2015, Reality, Crime, Courtroom
A woman who is pregnant is fired and loses financing on her car and presses charges against the car dealer for the money she paid on the car; a landlord wants to evict a tenant, while thin walls and loud neighbors come into play.

• Love 2

I applaud people who feel better about themselves because of how they live their life and actions that they have taken during their life. For some people , they seem to  feel more powerful if they focus on telling other people how they should think. 

As for the step-father case, I just don't get buying a kid such an expensive phone. I couldn't imagine spending that much on a phone.

• Love 2

In the not-stepfather case, when JJ was reading the text printout, there was some mention by Def. to Plain. to "not claim daughter on his income tax again" so that could have been part of what JJ was smelling bad about the case.  Not-step was way too involved in a parental dispute with no legal ground to stand on.  Obviously, monetary benefits must be at stake for Step and Ex not to remarry.

• Love 4

I too wanted JJ to keep digging and get the real story behind why there could be no re-marriage.  "I used to drink" doesn't cut it.

And he is not married to mom anymore, no is he the bio-dad, but he wants to claim her on his taxes?  Yikes.  I came to the conclusion that dad is tough on daughter and mom's house is the party house.

• Love 6

I was really surprised that Judy didn't smack not-stepfather down for being a NOT parent.  Why wasn't mom part of the beef, other than standing there mopily? (new word! huzzah!)  He was certainly well-versed in legalese, and that was in fact, very impressive.  But he had no interest in the case from the get-go.  Not his phone, not his daughter, not his rules. I think the income tax issue was a big flag and the final nail in the coffin.

Hey stewedsquash - we've got a brand spankin' new Dunkin Donuts here and I have no idea what to order. I'm not a coffee drinker, so what else is on the "must try" list?  It's all diet food, right?  Whew.   I need somethin' to do in between the old and new JJ cases today! Can't wait to hear about the generous tenant who so helpfully yanked out appliances. Guess I'll be having donuts AND wine today!

• Love 2

I came to the conclusion that dad is tough on daughter and mom's house is the party house.

Definitely. And you know what, I'll even buy that the daughter told Mom and NotStepDad that she was afraid of the father, because if she's skipping school and getting $800 phones, she knows exaaaactly how to play them. And they'll eat up whatever she tells them.

I've never been in a divorce/stepparent/custody situation, so I could be talking out of my ass here, but based on stories I've heard and cases I've seen on JJ, theoretically, I think it's not a bad idea for kids going back and forth between houses to have their own phone in order to have a way to contact the other parent just in case there is something hinky going on. HOWEVER. When I say "phone", I mean just that. A cheap little thing that calls people. Maybe texts. Not an $800 device that's more powerful than the computers used in the first moon landings.

For what it's worth, I think the father did probably smash the phone. While it may not have been "morally" right, I can buy JJ's legal explanation of why NotStepDad wasn't getting anything back. And if memory serves, I think she did call out NotStepDad for not being a parent and having no legal standing in any of those relationships.

• Love 5

I did not believe the plaintiffs in the case one whit.  How are you a mom and you don't get calls from the school re: truancy?  Are you NEVER home?  How do you keep giving expensive phones (buying affection) for a flunking-out delinquent?  I really liked the real dad, the defendant.  He is a man after my own heart for child-rearing.

For SandyToes:  It's been a while, but Dunkin Donuts used to have chocolate cakey donuts with glaze that were out of this world!

ETA: Because spelling.

Edited by Brattinella
  • Love 2

Yikes.  I came to the conclusion that dad is tough on daughter and mom's house is the party house.

Ya think? Either that or "step" dad wants to be the good guy and paint real dad as the evil one. Teenagers will always initially gravitate to the parent who lets them get away with murder. I remember many times when I turned off D2's phone because she wasn't doing well in school (I could turn it off for maybe 3 days, telling AT&T it was "lost" but I didn't want to deactivate it at that point in case I found it). I also used to fly into her room and flip her mattress to get her out of bed in the morning when she wouldn't wake up for school. I also told her I would pull her car insurance so she wouldn't be able to drive. The list goes on. Oh I was a bad a$$ mommy. She hated me for a long while. However she graduated HS and college and is a registered nurse and makes way more than I do. The best thing is that she has told me several times that she now respects what I did (especially since she and her husband are raising a teenager - lol, she's way tougher than I ever was). 

Personally I've never seen ANY innocent/ nice/decent/moral/responsible people being raked over the coals or ridiculed for anything that's not under their control and not even if it IS under their control

I admit that I get all annoyed when I see people who would rather spend money on getting extensions or tattoos instead of fixing their teeth. Maybe that makes me shallow but come on, that's got to hurt walking around with a mess of nasty broken teeth. If you're poor, I get it, but those big tattoos are really expensive. Likewise I get annoyed when people I see people buying expensive video game systems or Ipad/Iphones when they can't pay their bills. 

Now y'all get off my lawn. LOL. 

• Love 8

I admit that I get all annoyed when I see people who would rather spend money on getting extensions or tattoos instead of fixing their teeth. Maybe that makes me shallow but come on, that's got to hurt walking around with a mess of nasty broken teeth. If you're poor, I get it, but those big tattoos are really expensive. Likewise I get annoyed when people I see people buying expensive video game systems or Ipad/Iphones when they can't pay their bills. 

I know exactly what you mean.  A few years ago my daughter and her then-fiance were working full time and going to school, it was winter and they were talking about how they were eating .79 TV dinners for each meal and couldn't afford to turn on the heat because they weren't making enough money.  I wanted to help so I asked them to dinner so I could tell them that I was willing to shuffle sleeping arrangements around in my home so they could have the big bedroom with a private entrance to help them save money. 

They came in with large Dutch Bros. blended coffees and wanted to show off fiance's new tattoo that covered his whole back.  Damed thing cost almost a months rent (and was hideous)!  Then they said they'd stay for dinner, but wanted to hurry back home because they'd just bought the latest WoW expansion pack and couldn't wait to go play it.  I decided then and there that their financial problems were of their own making and they could keep eating TV dinners in the cold.

At least with my daughter it eventually worked out.  Fiance flunked out, and spent his off work hours playing computer games, hanging out with friends, and stepping out on her.  My daughter moved out, finished her education and is driving a new car and making more money than she ever dreamed of. 

Ex is wandering around town wondering why he's going nowhere in life.  Maybe we'll see him sometime on JJ, suing someone for stealing his WoW password and selling all his hard-won virtual gold and goodies.

• Love 17

My daughter moved out, finished her education and is driving a new car and making more money than she ever dreamed of.

Yay for your daughter. She learned something, unlike so many litigants who are 40+ and still latched onto losers-for-life.

• Love 6

I used to be super active on this thread on The Other Site That Shall Not Be Named.  (Waves coquettishly at AngelaHunter, Teebax, ToasterStrudel, et al--glad to see you guys still have no life), but busyness got in the way about 3 years ago and I stopped watching/posting.  Well this Fall,they up and cancelled 4 shows that I watched, thus (thought bubble over head) "Why don't I start taping JJ again?" And because there is no use watching JJ and not snarking on it, I humbly present myself here.

ON A WIG AND A PRAYER:

Soooooooo, I ask you all, has ANYONE EVER dared to exit, in a huff and before the ruling nonetheless, out of Judy's private glass door?  I can't even. And almost knock over the cameraman, who now qualifies for a SAG card since he appeared on screen? Why didn't she go out the back in a huff, others have done that.  This is so wild.  I wonder if just inside the door was that little office JJ sometimes makes calls from, with the law book-wallpaper on the walls.

• Love 6

Today's hidden themes: stupid-looking facial hair, arm tattoos

In the first case, both litigants seemed simpleminded. Eric Look, a guy who has difficulty keeping a job, decided to move out of his apartment. With two weeks left on his apartment lease, he ditched the apartment's kitchen appliances. He said they didn't work, and he thought the landlady was going to replace all of the appliances with a toaster oven, "so he could do some baking in the last two weeks" he was there. The plaintiff's name was Biserka, but she goes by Margaret, and she seemed to be humored by everything (in an airhead way). Her witness, likely a member of a Crosby, Stills, and Nash cover band never spoke, but I wish we could have gotten a load of him.

Second case - A long-bearded car broker gave a pseudo-family member two cars that broke down. The plaintiff was reluctant to admit that she only has a driving permit (thought she was older than 16). She can't register the car without a license. Then, she said there were previous taxes due on the car per the title, and she tried to say that the taxes were preventing her from registering the car. She drove the car for months anyway, and she may still be driving it. JJ told her to get lost, and she barked, "Whatever, Judge Judy." Judge Judy promptly responded, "Whatever."

Ep. 2, Case 1 -- Danielle DiCaro, unemployed "because she's pregnant," tried to buy a car. She paid the down payment, drove the car for a month. The finance company denied her a loan; she had no money, no job. But Danielle claimed that the car dealer forged her signature on paperwork, and that led to the bank's denial. JJ would hear none of it. The defendant had a counterclaim for defamation. JJ wasn't interested. {This case reminded me of how thankful I am to have never  developed a Philly accent, even though I lived in the Philly area from birth to late twenties.}

Case 2 -- Plaintiff Sara Somers wanted a quieter apartment, but she chose an apartment with a loud and 'inappropriate' couple. After less than a week, she wanted her money back. The defendant said No (JJ agreed because she had paid for a month). So, Sara had friends over (not sure if they were obnoxious or if they left before a 10 pm curfew - couldn't figure it out). The next day, the Kool Aid-haired "silly banana" defendant rolled into the police station and got a restraining order on Sara. And then she changed all of the locks at the apartment. With those factoids, JJ did a 180 with the ruling and awarded Sara her money.

• Love 3

Can you "bake" anything in a toaster oven?  I've always thought these were popular when microwaves were expensive.  They made terrible toast, never cooked anything properly, but acted like a magnet for crumbs from the entire apartment block.  I was intrigued by the idea of an in-ground trampoline, it sounds like the kind of luxury that people lust after, buy, and hardly ever use.  Mr Eric Look sure gets fired often, not even his big blue eyes can curry favor with his bosses.

Did the "little sister" have a license, and the "big sister," not have a license?  That was weird.  I liked the defendant, Peree, who didn't say a word.  He went out of his way to accommodate the defendant who was trying to screw him and game the system, I was glad JJ ruled in his favor.

What I remember most from the third case is: "Getting pregnant isn't the answer to everyone's problems."  I'd love to have this embroidered, gilded, framed, and sent to JJ as a gift from her fans at PTV.

Fourth case, LOL, there was a "whole show" with "silly bananas" behind a thin wall.  Rollerbangs rooming house landlady got a restraining order and changed the locks, she lost the case and she sure had it coming.

• Love 3

Today's "Not Really Stepdaddy".  I wish JJ had in fact explored the reason he and "Not Really Wife" were living together 10 years after divorcing.  And how sad that the "Not Really Stepdaughter" was "curled up in the embryonic position." 

Or as Judge Milian recently heard: "fecal position."

• Love 3

WHINEANDCHEEZ!!

Oh my gawd - believe it or not, I was thinking of you the other day when I posting here and lamenting the loss of your always prime snark. Welcome back!

Hope you didn't borrow your credit card to a con artist you picked up on CL, get arrested for "diasmestic violence" or endure any other trials and tribulations.

Haven't watched today's eps yet, but they sound promising.

• Love 5

Well, Squash, baby, I didn't hear back in time for my donut run, so just got one of everything.  :-p

Shut up. 

(We just got Krispy kreme back here in these parts this week (still 60 miles away, but here!) and I sooo agree with you.)

Show? Um, yeah.   I had to back the show up for Mr. Look recapping his current work situation so my son could hear.  We got to the length of Mr. Look's current employ (don't want to spoil it for y'all!) and his mouth literally dropped open.  Pretty funny.  What a maroon.  And what a great name - Biserka!  Right up there with my good buddy Tashma.

inside the door was that little office

My son figured she'd pop out during the next case. Probably a break room for the crew. I can just see a bunch of guys munching on sandwiches and she blows through. Say, wha?!

Welcome WhineandCheez!  You've got some catching up to do.  Hop to it!

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 3

And what a great name - Biserka!  Right up there with my good buddy Tashma.

Please tell me that his first name is "Biserka" and his last "Head". I'm picturing the nuptials: "Do you, Biserka Head, take Tashma Body to be your wife, blah blah... " "... I now pronounce you Biserka and Tashma Body Head."

Feel free to ignore. Got a bad case of sillies tonight.

• Love 8

Omg a bevy of stupid people today. And the pregnant unemployed woman who did know how much she'd pay with interest but didn't understand she still bought the car for an acceptable price. I mean would have if she could have gotten a loan.

• Love 2

A whine and cheeze sighting! I go away for one day, and almost miss a TWOP reunion. Welcome back to the boards. I've missed you and remember your snark quite fondly.

I've been busy preparing for an upcoming trip to Philly this weekend. I hoe I don't come back saying youse guys. This should be fun. There's a 50/50 chance the wedding I'm attending could result in a JJ case. Seriously, there's a reason I don't go home very often.

I don't have anything to add about today's gang of stupid people, but that not-quite-stepfather yesterday had my blood boiling. Someone is trying to teach a little discipline to an unruly child who's figured out how to play you like a fiddle, and your response is to buy her multiple phones? Get bent.

I'll spare you all the rehash of my rant about entitled kids today, particularly since the problem isn't of the kids' volition anyway. These parents need to have some sense beaten into their fool heads. Even my beagle knows you don't get rewarded for bad behavior.

I asked a friend about this case, since she has children who are in school, and I wondered how a parent couldn't know a child was skipping that much school. My friend said it would be impossible in her district. She gets emails and text messages from the school regularly. So how did the mother not know there was a problem?

• Love 5

Teebax:  How would the mother not know her child was skipping school/failing?  Either she is never home, or, she is incapable of answering the phone during the day; sleeping, drunk, loaded, lots of unsavory stuff too.

I didn't do the truant thing in school, but my brother did.  Mom always got a call from the Dean/Principal.

• Love 3

I used to be NYTeacher back at TWOP, now I'm not, which is why I am NYCFree. Anyway, my school often lost contact with parents as the parent would change their cell phone and forget to tell the school the new number. We had a fairly transient population as well, so mailing didn't always work. There are people who spend the day looking for truant kids and their families in NYC.

• Love 3