Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I got behind in my watching, and finally set the DVR to record only new eps, because I was getting 4 or 5 a day sometimes, most of which were repeats, and it was piling up way too fast.

Nasty Life Insurance grandma was a piece of work.  I googled the kid's name, and lo and behold found a Gofundme page for his funeral expenses.   It raise around $1800 of a $3000 goal.  It was put up by someone who said they were a friend of the kid's mom.  Grandma contributed $100.   Someone who watches the show commented on the page "Insurance paid for his funeral".  Thought it was funny.  There was an update by the person who started the page saying they would be having a 2nd service or some such thing, which made me feel even more empathy for the fiancée.  I'd bet with money that I don't have that she's probably being blamed for his suicide.

Who takes out life insurance on their grandchildren? I seriously don't understand. I can almost see taking a policy out on a child, since if they died, it would pay for funeral expenses and  medical. And if you were not in a state to work because of the trauma, the $$ would tide you over. But grandchildren? Granny almost made it sound like she took out the policies on her grandkids to pay for their funerals. Unless she fell for some insurance salesman's smooth talk, I find that incredibly creepy. 

13 minutes ago, Hellohappylife said:

Wow! That is just wrong. I don't even have words. The guy is dead & they are trying to profit from it?  

3 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Who takes out life insurance on their grandchildren? I seriously don't understand. I can almost see taking a policy out on a child, since if they died, it would pay for funeral expenses and  medical. And if you were not in a state to work because of the trauma, the $$ would tide you over. But grandchildren? Granny almost made it sound like she took out the policies on her grandkids to pay for their funerals. Unless she fell for some insurance salesman's smooth talk, I find that incredibly creepy. 

I can see if I can find the page again tonight.  It should still be in my computer at home's browsing history.

I got an odd vibe off of Grandma.  Maybe she did it because her son or daughter (since I don't know if she was maternal or paternal grandma) didn't do it.  Or maybe it was one of those policies that pays out if it's not used by a certain age, and then she gets her money back.  Either way, she was a piece of work.  Griping over and over because the fiancée didn't buy the headstone.  Who cares?  He has one.  Case closed.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Who takes out life insurance on their grandchildren? 

We did when each of our 3 grandchildren were born.  We were concerned that the parents were not financially considering what might happen if something tragic happened.  We kept the policy on each child until they were 18.  It was only about $40 per year per child, and it seemed a small price to pay in case of the unthinkable.  It was never a case of us wanting to profit.  

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

I am busy right now so can't form complete thoughts but I just had to come here and post:

Forty one year old woman pregnant by 19 year old dude has knocked out several Top Five disgusting litigants from my list. She is number One through Five, until further notice. Yes, she disgusted me that much.

I can't WAIT!

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Is this a new episode?  Neither of the blurbs for our afternoon new stuff shows anything about pregnant middle-aged people.  What's the actual basis of the case?  I do NOT want to miss this one!!!

It must have been a re-run.  We had two totally new and different cases today.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Is this a new episode?  Neither of the blurbs for our afternoon new stuff shows anything about pregnant middle-aged people.  What's the actual basis of the case?  I do NOT want to miss this one!!!

I think it is the Barbara Borsoi (?) who was homeless with the 19 year old boyfriend. I got that repeat yesterday. She of the "he begged me to date him!".

• Love 2
Just now, badhaggis said:

I think it is the Barbara Borsoi (?) who was homeless with the 19 year old boyfriend. I got that repeat yesterday. She of the "he begged me to date him!".

Darn - I went to see a 40th-anniversary showing of "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" on the big screen yesterday and missed JJ.

• Love 2

Just started but was so pleased to see a rerun of Krazy Klugherz from MN with her Tragic Clown Face, screeching "He broke my grandma's china. MY GRANDMA IS DEAD!"

2 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

He begged her? I hope that one's on today just to check the veracity of that.

You never saw that? Yes, 40 year old woman with three sons, all older than her teen lovah-boy, claimed he just would NOT stop flirting, enticing and seducing her. What's a women to do, except live homeless in a car with him, let the horny boy knock her up in spite of her "congestive heart failure." Such a Casanova was that round-headed 19-year old doofus - he promised he would take care of her! He would treat her like a queen! Well, he would when he got a job, maybe serving burgers at McDonald's or whatever. Of course she believed it. What 40 year old woman wouldn't fall under that hypnotic spell, that promise of undying love, caring and romance, all whispered to her by a silly boy in the back seat of the car in which they were living? Oh be still my heart.

• Love 11

Well, to be honest, 19 year old Casanova did rakishly, even cockily, admit in the hallterview, that yes, he pursued her with the enthusiasm of a boxer on a poodle in heat. Sorry, I couldn't help myself. It's the Chardonnay. 

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Spunkygal said:

Well, to be honest, 19 year old Casanova did rakishly, even cockily, admit in the hallterview, that yes, he pursued her with the enthusiasm of a boxer on a poodle in heat.

In their case? More like a chihuahua on a bulldog. Or a cougar.

• Love 2
On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 5:35 AM, Giant Misfit said:

I read this sentence quickly and thought it said "trailer park blow job."

Oops, just saw this and must comment. We did get a case not long ago on TPC, featuring a blow job, so no, it wouldn't be all that unusual.

Hockeymom said:

I'm watching Kevin the landscaper. It looks like shirt is inside out - I'm guessing because they can't show the logo?

Probably. I know they used to drag out garments - probably obtained at the "Lost and Found" at Walmart for litigants - stretched out green hoodies, over-sized and outdated jackets for women who think JJ wants to view their breasts, or even something new, like a K-Mart 2.99$ shirt, crackling with sizing and full of a zillion creases, straight from the package.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, bad things are bad said:

You'd think it would occur to one that they're going on NATIONAL TV, and maybe go buy a new shirt or something. Borrow one, even. 

Reading that, I thought how many of these people get a paid airline ticket to appear on the show... which leads me to remember (yeah I'm that old) how you got dressed up to fly.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

That sound you're hearing after reading the above article is actually AngelaHunter's two worlds colliding.

On one sphere we have her like of all that is JJ - on the other sphere....(sphere her?  He hardly knew 'er) there's her arch nemesis Harvey Levin. 

What's a girl to do?

35 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

That sound you're hearing after reading the above article is actually AngelaHunter's two worlds colliding

OH gawd. I read that and immediately was filled with anxiety. I would like to watch it, but I'm so torn.  If Levin appears anywhere in this - which he probably will because there is nothing that gives him jollies like shoving his ugly face/flapping pie hole into the camera - I may blow a fuse. He knows everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, hates him with the fire of a thousand suns and that's what gives him life.

I think I'll have to skip it. I've nearly worn out my FF and Mute buttons just watching TPC.  My hatred for that revolting shyster overcomes my love of JJ. I really don't want to hear, "Judge 'er? HE HARDLY KNEW 'ER!" or I just may break my own TeeVee and have no one to sue for it.

• Love 3

Rerun from 2014, totally worth it for the second case where JJ describes a pyramid scheme. "You invested in this dream. Of becoming rich. And you didn't become rich. And you want me to help you. Which I'm not going to do."

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

The defendant in the $8,812.00 consignment furniture case was irritating as hell. She was hoping that JJ would just take some $25 receipts with "miscellaneous item" on it for proof that she resold his $2,000 couch? Seriously? I do not believe that she did not have copies of the itemized purchases. Shady. 

I love that JJ picked up on the fact that the woman had no itemized receipts with the prices on them for the re-sold stuff, but - amazingly - she had the same original receipt as the plaintiff for the $8,812 order.  Unless someone tells it not to "the software" should have printed out the same receipt for every sale.

• Love 4

Today's rerun, with the puke-faced, pouty little liar/freeloader, Mariah (a 23-year old woman who was looking for a daddy and has to move with her mommy because she can't stop fighting with her younger sister) had one of my all-time favorite exchanges ever on this show:

Po-faced Mariah: "My mother was choked (as she prepares to hand over photographs)."

JJ: "Don't show me pictures of your mother being choked."

That will live on in posterity.

And BTW - Mariah's mommy looks to be more than a match for the flabby little sad-sack def. who can't even buy his own lawn mower.

• Love 2

The seamstress who made the bridesmaids' dresses -- did she look familiar to you guys?  I could'a sworn she's been on JJ before.  Or somewhere on TV. 

Why didn't she have a counterclaim for the balance owed on the dresses? 

1 minute ago, AuntiePam said:

The seamstress who made the bridesmaids' dresses -- did she look familiar to you guys?  I could'a sworn she's been on JJ before.  Or somewhere on TV. 

Why didn't she have a counterclaim for the balance owed on the dresses? 

She had a counterclaim for less than the $500 still owed, but JJ said, "You wouldn't have filed that if you weren't being sued, would you?"  When the def answered in the affirmative, JJ (without saying so) pretty much dismissed her suit.

• Love 3

The pyramid scheme woman was amazing. First of all, suing for $135??? Really. I do think she wanted air time to push her snake oil. Loved the halterview where she went on about every time she gets involved in one of these deals it doesn't work out; yet she continues to to sign up for them.  There is just no bottom to the canyon of stupid. 

• Love 3

Missed the first half of the car case - why was JJ so disbelieving that the defendant called her insurance before the cops? Unless someone was injured, I'd think of insurance first too - not to figure out whether the driver was covered, but just to get the claim started and the other driver on record so the insurance companies could sort out blame.

ETA - wow, $50/dress? And they didn't fit perfectly so they had to be pinned? Oh honey, you have to have bought dresses in stores before - that can happen even with top of the line stuff!

And yeah, JJ, maybe def wouldn't have bothered with a counterclaim if she hadn't been sued, but that's what counterclaims are for!

Edited by Jamoche
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, Jamoche said:

Missed the first half of the car case - why was JJ so disbelieving that the defendant called her insurance before the cops? Unless someone was injured, I'd think of insurance first too - not to figure out whether the driver was covered, but just to get the claim started and the other driver on record so the insurance companies could sort out blame.

ETA - wow, $50/dress? And they didn't fit perfectly so they had to be pinned? Oh honey, you have to have bought dresses in stores before - that can happen even with top of the line stuff!

And yeah, JJ, maybe def wouldn't have bothered with a counterclaim if she hadn't been sued, but that's what counterclaims are for!

In the car case, the def crashed into the plaintiff's parked car and propelled it across the street and up on the curb.  It was a hit and run.  NO WONDER she didn't call the cops first!  She was 100% at fault. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, basiltherat said:

And, as JJ sussed out, the brother didn't have a DRIVERS LICENSE but bro-in-law was "with" him.  So she called insurance to find out if she even would have coverage before she would even call the police.

That was one of those cases where I almost needed a score card to keep track of the "brother" and "brother in law" and "niece's boyfriends' mother's cousin" business.  I'm not even sure the def's witness kept the stories straight.

Bridezilla was horrible.  And I'm betting she did this with all her wedding providers. Wish Def. had been awarded her money.  I, too thought she seemed familiar.

• Love 4

First case: Woo boy, the plaintiff seems like the biggest lumphead in the Midwest. That Iowa Farm Boy durr thing is like the most annoying-est trait ever. I wonder if he smokes a lot of weed. The girl he brought with him was just as dopey as he is. He could've won if he was prepared. The defendant was 20-years-old, but he looked like a HARD 20. Geez. He probably doesn't even get carded. I kinda believed him, but I was annoyed by the fact that he seemed checked-out and mildly confused by his own ability to form words, including the habit of saying "yep" to everything, so fuck him.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Brattinella said:

Funeral paid for and a correct headstone, right?  Why is this still active?

Yep.  Sounds like they may have wanted to raise money to have a 2nd memorial - one of their own - away from the evil fiancée (rolling my eyes hard).  Not sure, but it would appear that way.  I think they stay active until your goal is met, or they are shut down by the person who started them.

• Love 2

Sorry for delayed responses - just catching up.

Do TPTB on this show really think what we're aching to watch are yawn-fests like the dull-eyed, pea-brained and grammatically challenged Boys From Minnesota, who - ho hum - all got drunk and got in a fight, where DimWit#1 got his jaw broken? Really? Is this their idea of "Must-See Teevee?"  The only thing about it that got my attention is that it made me even more gobsmacked and shocked that mature women want to be cougars. They want these silly boys who can't handle even the limited amount of new testosterone surging through their veins. Good lord.  Oh, and plaintiff's witness, the flip-flopped, awkward and goony galoot, "Sky" was a treat.

What did Dimwit#1 (he had his jaw wired shut for 2 months, depriving the world of the pearls of wisdom that no doubt drip from his pie-hole every day) learn from this debacle? "Don't go with acquaintances to parties." Words to live by, folks.

It was mildly interesting seeing Oprah Winfrey's desperate doppleganger being sued by her erstwhile lover, for all kinds of crap including credit card charges, he can't prove because he didn't have his evidence with him "right now." I was going to say the only interesting part is that HE has multiple women, but even that isn't news on this show.

• Love 3

Those two credit card fighters were a hoot.  He couldn't remember a thing until she remembered her version then suddenly it all came back to him.  I agree with JJ that there's no chance that she put that free freezer out in the street.  She sold that puppy.

• Love 3
On 9/7/2017 at 5:44 PM, stewedsquash said:

The defendant in the $8,812.00 consignment furniture case was irritating as hell. She was hoping that JJ would just take some $25 receipts with "miscellaneous item"  "giraffe set" on it for proof that she resold his $2,000 couch and other items? Seriously?  I do not believe that she did not have copies of the itemized purchases. 

I was watching this one and couldn't recall a case in which JJ went so quickly to finding the plaintiff full of baloney to ruling in their favor -- and for the 5K max! The defendant's "software" must have been from 1992 (I have to look up receipts at my job all day, so I was watching this like "Girl, really?")

At first JJ was incredulous that the plaintiff didn't take 9 of the 12 items that the defendant still *did* have, but once she realized the defendant had no paper trail, his motives made sense: He wasn't gonna take anything and therefore he could sue for everything.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

At first JJ was incredulous that the plaintiff didn't take 9 of the 12 items that the defendant still *did* have, but once she realized the defendant had no paper trail, his motives made sense: He wasn't gonna take anything and therefore he could sue for everything.

Yep, that's describes my thinking. I went from WTH didn't he sign for what was there, to thank goodness he refused anything cause this girl can't show what was sold and what she has on hand. Like everybody else, no way I believe her software can't keep track, especially if she's selling on consignment.

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 4
On 9/6/2017 at 6:58 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Just started but was so pleased to see a rerun of Krazy Klugherz from MN with her Tragic Clown Face, screeching "He broke my grandma's china. MY GRANDMA IS DEAD!"

I was SO happy to see Miss He didn't CARE! 

On 9/7/2017 at 1:49 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Quote vanished. It was about the person with the inside out shirt. If you remember the relatively recent case with the babymama that left the kids in the car to go and get money from babydaddy and then talk to his sister about going to a strip club later that day, the defendant was wearing a blue button down that was clearly given to him a few minutes before air time because it still had all the creases that a folded shirt has when you take it out of the package.

Edited by configdotsys
What the hell is a "folder" shirt? gah.
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

the defendant was wearing a blue button down that was clearly given to him a few minutes before air time because it still had all the creases that a folder shirt has when you take it out of the package.

I love that whoever provides litigants with clothing seems to go out of their way to make them look reee-dikalous. They must buy those cardboard shirts all in XXL, which results in some skinny little weasel with a shirt that reaches his knees and cuffs that cover his hands. I just bet whoever it is who forces litigants to wear these sits off-camera during the taping, trying to stifle their laughter.

Anyone so dumb that they don't know they can't appear here with a t-shirt that says "Fuck you"- or whatever pithy/obscene sayings they're fond of - deserves to be laughed at.

• Love 6

I interned with the Bronx County District Attorney back in the summer of 1992. A young woman came to court, presided over by a female judge, wearing a shirt that said "Shut the Fuck up, Bitch" in the big letter style like Frankie says "Relax". 

A woman court officer accompanied her to the rest room to turn the shirt inside out.

It was amazing that this woman either thought she was being slyly clever, or she didn't give it a second's worth of thought about how that may not help her in court that day.

• Love 9
22 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

Just caught this and enjoyed it because I do love a contract case. At first I thought Rocco was nuts, but after listening to the double-talking, evidence-devoid def I changed my mind. Her second defense (her first one seemed to be, "Oh my computer does it this way and refuses to tell me items I've sold at certain prices!) seemed to come in the hall, where she repeatedly accused plaintiff of "making advancements" on her. Even if he did, so what? Did she program her computer to refuse itemized receipts to anyone who makes advancements on her?

'nother "Contracts? We don't need no stinking contracts!" case! Oh, boy!  Business student who never thought of asking for a contract is suing FB furniture maker: He could have shown that the table she ordered was complete or near completion, but gee - he never thought of taking a picture of the very item for which he's being sued. Who would?

18 minutes ago, NYCFree said:

A young woman came to court, presided over by a female judge, wearing a shirt that said "Shut the Fuck up, Bitch" in the big letter style like Frankie says "Relax". 

Are people getting dumber or is it that now with everyone filming every move they, and everyone around them, make and posting it online that the stupidity is just more visible?

The sisters, Taneka and Lakesha or whatever, fighting over plaintiff's old car that def crashed: JJ had enough and could NOT take one more, "Me and her went... " and had to correct def, who obligingly restarted with "She and I went... " and then in the next sentence was back to her ignorant garbled grammar. There is no hope. I really believe that.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 4
On 9/9/2017 at 5:23 PM, AngelaHunter said:

What did Dimwit#1 (he had his jaw wired shut for 2 months, depriving the world of the pearls of wisdom that no doubt drip from his pie-hole every day) learn from this debacle? "Don't go with acquaintances to parties." Words to live by, folks.

Hey, acquaintances is a big word, yo! Though I'm pretty sure he'd be incapable of spelling it, but hey.

• Love 2

Caught today's rerun with the parking space altercation.  I don't know if the def. really keyed plaintiff's car, but I kinda hope she did.  What an awful, and stupid, woman (plaintiff.)  And how fortunate (!) that she found someone equally awful and stupid to marry. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SandyToes said:

Caught today's rerun with the parking space altercation.  I don't know if the def. really keyed plaintiff's car, but I kinda hope she did.  What an awful, and stupid, woman (plaintiff.)  And how fortunate (!) that she found someone equally awful and stupid to marry. 

"You can shake your head until it falls off and I still know you're lying".   JJ repeated this twice.

I coughed out the cookie I was eating when she said it the first time.  

And the only word I can come up with to describe her husband is "dimwitted".  It just fits him to a tee.

Mostly sensible plaintiff - she did, after all, pay her loser friend's bail - is asked to show JJ the exact amount of the bail. She's looking down at the paper as she rounds the desk with the paperwork, so she's totally unaware of the danger she's in until Byrd is right in front of her. The last time I saw a reaction like that - wide-eyed, backing up like she's hoping to just vanish completely - was when I was dog-sitting and my cat came dashing into the room all unaware. (Dog and cat do like each other, but cats hate surprises.)

• Love 3

Doesn't anyone care about "Shaughnessy", the big-mouthed, pea-brained braying jackass who got himself and his po-faced "sic-nificant" other, Lynette, booted out? Loved the billygoat beard and neck tats. What a hunk of man! Is there no level to which some women will not stoop to have a warm body around? JJ would probably have awarded him the bail he paid for  defendant(who may have beaten up HIS sic-nificent other!) but he just would not STFU even when his sad-faced squeeze gave him the word. "Nice move" Byrd told him as he started to escort him out. Shaughnessy started waving his stubby arms and yapping some more. Byrd said something else to him. I wish we could have heard it. Actually, I wish Byrd could have grabbed him by his collar and the ass of his pants and given him a major bum's rush.

• Love 11

Today was the Laughing Hyena Hour in JJ Land!  First was the above described Goat Boy who could Just Not Shut Up.  Next was Mr. Reed, headmaster of a coterie of young males living in a rented beach house.  He sent some sort of dirty picture to landlady's daughter which was so incredibly dirty that his own ex-roomie disowned him and the cameras did not go near.  Mr. Reed had an asshattian haircut, so of course he must be a smug asshat.  While Goat Boy was a simple idiot, Mr. Asshat Reed was a sly sicko.  JJ ate 'em both for lunch and still had room for sushi.

• Love 15

Hello! After being away for most of the summer, I came home to 42 new episodes of JJ on my DVR. I know there's no way I'm going to get through them all, so I deleted everything before September 1st, and I'll at least try to catch up on that much. After a long JJ break, I managed to watch yesterday's, and was not disappointed by the idiot dickpick sending roommates, the car crashing into the utility pole, and the aforementioned Shaughnessy, who likely couldn't keep his mouth shut if his life depended on it. It's good to be back!

• Love 6

^^^  You beat me!  I had 29.  Watched a whole slew of them last night because both MNF games bored me to no end.  I think I'm down to 12 left before I'm current.  You've all already hit the highlights of the ones I watched:  The Moob Brothers, Bum-Drummer boyfriend with the RN (I'm still trying to figure out how he pulled her!) and beady-eyed platinum blonde mother who was taking her ex through the ringer.  I REALLY hope JJ's crystal ball is accurate on that one and she eventually loses custody of their son.  Hateful witch.

• Love 2