Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

This defendant was driving in his own neighborhood, it was a cul-de-sac (dead end) and there were loads of people outside.  He was driving very slowly, and looked away for a second.  I don't know how he could have been LESS negligent; maybe parked?  Parents needed to be paying attention to their kids.

• Love 10

I didn't see the pig episode or the jeans episode (sigh). 

What ran today was a man suing his former roommate. The roommate filed a restraining order on the man because the man sexually harassed a party guest. The temporary restraining order prevented the man from going to work because they were also co-workers.  

Part Ii was a woman suing because she claimed a man stole her belongings. The man purchased what sounded like a women's shelter and everyone was expected to have their belongings out by 10/31.  The woman claimed that she called him to say that she would be over to pick it up by 11/1 but he threw out all of her belongings on 11/1  Judy acted like the man had been storing the woman's things for months, but he had just taken ownership of the property.

In both cases JJ displayed anger--flailing arthritic hands and all--that was totally out of proportion to whatever the perceived infraction was. I know this is her playpen, but the courtrooms I have been in long ago adopted and expect basic rules of civility from all parties--including the judge. I've never seen another judge scream that he/she didn't care about [whatever] or give a rat's ass about a party's feelings. I used to respect her wisdom but her income is only exceeded by her ego. Her contract runs until 2020 but she's already displaying behavior that hinges on delusional.  I know this is catty and unkind, but her wonky eyes distract me too. She was very good friends with Joan Rivers and I hope JJ will not have any more nips and tucks. 

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, Ilovecomputers said:

In both cases JJ displayed anger--flailing arthritic hands and all--that was totally out of proportion to whatever the perceived infraction was. I know this is her playpen, but the courtrooms I have been in long ago adopted and expect basic rules of civility from all parties--including the judge. I've never seen another judge scream that he/she didn't care about [whatever] or give a rat's ass about a party's feelings. I used to respect her wisdom but her income is only exceeded by her ego. Her contract runs until 2020 but she's already displaying behavior that hinges on delusional.  I know this is catty and unkind, but her wonky eyes distract me too. She was very good friends with Joan Rivers and I hope JJ will not have any more nips and tucks. 

Yes!!! This!!! Every word!!!

Edited by WaitForMe
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Ilovecomputers said:

Totally agree.  I have watched Judy for many years and it is getting harder and harder to find anything enjoyable about the show.  She is totally mean and uncaring a lot of the time.  Her parents may have toiled to pay for her education but they aren't paying her the millions she is making from the show, so her tired old phrase about them not spending their money to hear these cases is very old.  Judy, if you are so pissed off by having to be here, don't be here.

• Love 6

I think  the  most  hypercritical thing about her is she is always disdainful of  people  who are not working  their way through school  when  she apparently never has  had a student job or any job other than law/tv  in her life.  If she worked her way through school waiting tables at Denny's I am sure she would let everyone know it every day.

• Love 3

I watched the case from yesterday (I guess) with the stabby "I'm Wearing the Entire Contents of My Silpada Turquoise Jewelry Box" mother-in-law from Hell and I just wanted to punch the TV. Mind your own business woman! What a shit beast she was. I'm sure she's whispering in her granddaughter's ear what a horrible person the girl's mother is. 

I was thinking the same thing. . .  we call it "Day after Xmas" syndrome, where people put on EVERYTHING they got for Xmas to do the stroll at the mall - the acid washed skirt, the new shirt, add those dangly earrings and the BIG ASS turquoise necklace bought from QVC. 

I work in a children's medical clinic and you would be shocked at how many people already have lawyers for their kids before the kids are seen. Apparently if the kid breaks an arm on the monkey bars, they're looking to sue the park, the city AND whatever monkeys they might find wandering nearby. We had a lady who refused to provide ID (which we inform them of before the appt) and she threatened to call her lawyer on us. In Florida, drivers have $10,000 of no fault coverage - apparently everybody thinks that $10,000 is a BO-NANZA (thanks Judge Marilyn) in their pockets in addition to paying for their medical bills. 

Which brings me to another episode of "Things I've Learned on JJ". Ever notice how people that come in with their pre-rehearsed stories get dismantled very quickly? We had a mother come in two hours late for her kids appointment, telling a convoluted story about how she told us she would be two hours late and we said it was okay (which never happens, everything gets documented for this exact reason). I work in a different area and I could hear the woman telling her story OVAH and OVAH again, exactly the same way. I came out to use the stapler and she starts telling me the story, EXACTLY the same way. Like a script. Complete with her "it's not fair, I had to drive a long way" part. 

I'm all for the GOML Club. I'll bring my Mike's Hard Lemonade and a box of Ritz crackers along with my own lawn chair complete with cup holder. That way I can watch unsupervised kids running between parked cars while hanging with my cronies and pining for the Good Old Days. 

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I watched the case from yesterday (I guess) with the stabby "I'm Wearing the Entire Contents of My Silpada Turquoise Jewelry Box" mother-in-law from Hell and I just wanted to punch the TV.

Hee hee.  "The Pot Stirrer.". JJ had no time for her nonsense!  

• Love 4
18 hours ago, WaitForMe said:

nooooooo. I don't think the defendant was at fault at all!!  The kid ran out in front of him!  So he waved at someone. Big deal. He still would have hit her even if he hadn't looked over to wave at someone!!!  Plaintiff's bills were all paid thanks to JJ and Byrd. But on the good side everyone was clean and polite.  

I don't think he was at fault either. He wasn't going fast and there was a car driving up ahead of him so the child should have known not to go into the street.  What she probably did was run out, hoping to get to the other side before the second car. When I was first taught to cross the street at a very young age, I was taught that if there were any cars moving at all, I couldn't cross the street. I would have to wait for a car way at the end of the block to drive by before I could cross.  I made my daughter do the same;  she was a little older than the girl in the case, though.  If the street is so busy that you never have a break where there are no cars at all, then a young child shouldn't be crossing by herself. That would be my rules of the road if I were czar.

• Love 6

I grew up in the city. There were always cars on the street -- parked ones AND moving ones. I don't think I was allowed to cross the street until I was, like, 12. 

14 minutes ago, absolutqt said:

Hee hee.  "The Pot Stirrer.". JJ had no time for her nonsense!  

I did enjoy that.  So very selfish.  She harasses the mother of her grandchild to the point of her getting a restraining order, then at one point complains because the mother just HAD to be at the granddaughter's birthday even though it was the son's weekend.  Sorry lady, but a kid wants her parents on her birthday.  

Love how the son made sure to correct JJ when she assumed that he asked his mom to help him with his daughter and that in fact they were living with him because they needed  help from him.  

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Quof said:

Now, Patti, you know that's the wrong type of crackers. What kind of crackers do we prefer, class?

4 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

K/Club K/Crackers -- and only 19 members allowed!

I thought they were called PsychoKlownKlubKrackers....sniff, sniff.

Please.

So, I went to my brother's place and then he offered me some of my niece's Halloween candy but I knew it was a "set up" because that's how our family rolls so I went and dumped water on his TVs and then went out and slashed his tires. What's wrong with that? Anyway, someone else probably did it.

For some reason the rerun of the wedding caterer struck my funny bone and I couldn't stop laughing. Andrew is supposed to cater the plaintiff's wedding but he got arrested and went to jail but it's not his fault because he was "under the understanding" he'd get sprung in time to do the wedding so didn't bother telling plaintiff he was in the slammer. It's not his fault, but even then he might have been able to get his girlfriend to do the wedding. Maybe. No big deal. I just love litigants who act as though getting arrested and going to jail is just part of ordinary everyday life and other people shouldn't make such a big kerfuffle of it.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

So, I went to my brother's place and then he offered me some of my niece's Halloween candy but I knew it was a "set up" because that's how our family rolls so I went and dumped water on his TVs and then went out and slashed his tires. What's wrong with that? Anyway, someone else probably did it.

I thought I'd seen you before.

Also, I really enjoyed that other lady talking about the little boy who kicked her car because she called him names after he left his basketball in her yard. Or some damn thing.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Also, I really enjoyed that other lady talking about the little boy who kicked her car because she called him names after he left his basketball in her yard. Or some damn thing.

The delusional lady who really thought she was allowed to keep all those stray balls and coats, etc, that landed in her yard.  Especially since he disrespected her by asking for his ball back!

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

The delusional lady who really thought she was allowed to keep all those stray balls and coats, etc, that landed in her yard.  Especially since he disrespected her by asking for his ball back!

Haven't seen this yet. Guess I'll save it for tomorrow after I've had enough wine to mellow me out.

• Love 1

Angela, it's another one where JJ went off the rails, I think.  Woman's tired of cleaning up the kids messes in her yard;  yeah, I'd gather it all up, too.  Probably would have thrown it out at some point.  It's on my LAWN!! (GOML club. Ha!) 

Keep the wine bottle handy.  This one had Mr. Toes all hot and bothered an hour later. I may have to curtail his viewing.

• Love 7

Angela, it's another one where JJ went off the rails, I think.  Woman's tired of cleaning up the kids messes in her yard;  yeah, I'd gather it all up, too.  Probably would have thrown it out at some point.  It's on my LAWN!! (GOML club. Ha!) 

I keep thinking of an old skit from SNL where Cheri Oteri played a middle age-ish lady in a housecoat that kept getting some kid's football in her yard and she'd yell " I'M KEEPING IT!!" every time. 

My old neighbor's kids and their pals used to play in my driveway and run around my car. Drove me nuts and I'd get all "GOML" on them. One time I come out to walk the dog and the 10 year old boy has pulled his pants down and is rubbing his butt crack on the candy canes I had out lining the driveway for the holiday season. 

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

My old neighbor's kids and their pals used to play in my driveway and run around my car. Drove me nuts and I'd get all "GOML" on them. One time I come out to walk the dog and the 10 year old boy has pulled his pants down and is rubbing his butt crack on the candy canes I had out lining the driveway for the holiday season. 

OMG!  Gagging here!  In the old days, some rock salt would have taken care of that.

• Love 3

I thought there would be more comments about Monday's case involving the adventures of young Sabrina Perez, who thinks it's a great idea to go on national teevee and tell all about her sexual exploits with friends, boyfriends, friends with benefits, friends of friends with benefits, and Tinder pickups. She became pregnant by one, we don't know, like, which one, in like August, or like June. 

• Love 4

If you trespass onto my property and leave your crap on my property, that is abandoned crap that I have to clean up. JJ screwed the pooch on this one.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

I keep thinking of an old skit from SNL where Cheri Oteri played a middle age-ish lady in a housecoat that kept getting some kid's football in her yard and she'd yell " I'M KEEPING IT!!" every time. 

Honest to goodness truth . . . my mother was like that.  If a ball came into our yard, she'd go outside, pick it up and bring it into the house.  Yes, it was a big help to our ability to develop childhood friendships with the other kids in the neighborhood.  Not.

• Love 9

In our first house, my husband and I had those huge lawn darts come flying over the fence. These were neighbours who washed their car with the windows open and cut the grass at midnight, mowing down their own flowers.  We sold the house and ah-MOVED.

1 hour ago, Brattinella said:

rubbing his butt crack on the candy canes I had out lining the driveway

You obviously lived in a place peopled with savages. Did you ah-MOVE too?

Oops, mistakenly attributed the ButtCrackKid quote to Brattinella. Should be "ItsHelloPattiAgain."

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

I thought they were called PsychoKlownKlubKrackers....sniff, sniff.

I'm sorry.

Sincerely, 

Apparent Member #20

I'm going to voice the unpopular opinion that I sympathize with the woman who has neighborhood children leaving coats, trash and stuff in her yard. I live in a neighborhood at the end of the road and in warmer weather the children play field hockey on the street and act outraged if I should actually want to interrupt their game to drive to my home.  They have netted goals set up that they have to move for me--the bitch. First of all, a street is not a playground.  Second, I have no other path to get home. Third, I am driving home in a westerly direction at a time of day when the sun nearly blinds me, and I am very concerned about not seeing a little child between parked cars suddenly darting out. I can't believe Judy was so approving of the children playing basketball in the street, but I'm sure when she's being driven around by Jerry or in a limo in her gated community it's not annoying at all to see these street games. The father of the thug-wannabes said if he would have known the police were going to talk to his sons, he wouldn't have allowed it. That went right over JJ 's head. Yes, one shouldn't lie to one's parents or to the police, but this was a property damage claim the police were looking into and it's ridiculous that he didn't want his kids to cooperate with the police about that.  After all, they were the cause of it. Where I live the kids have some fascination for my yard, too, and we've had water lilies removed from our pond, Christmas decorations and gazing balls broken even though the kids have yards of their own to play in. The only way children can learn to respect other people's property is to be taught to and also to have an understanding of the work it takes to have nice things. Nothing is free. 

Getting off my soapbox now. 

• Love 15
10 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:
12 hours ago, Brattinella said:

rubbing his butt crack on the candy canes I had out lining the driveway

You obviously lived in a place peopled with savages. Did you ah-MOVE too?

Oops, mistakenly attributed the ButtCrackKid quote to Brattinella. Should be "ItsHelloPattiAgain."

ButtCrackKid's mother apparently had a nervous breakdown one day - the kids came in and she was staring motionless at the TV in a stupor. The paramedics took her away and the grandparents came and got the kids. After that, the grandfather (who owned the place) rented to #1 A Hoarder with 4 Grown Kids (and assorted various kiddies) who lived with her and who didn't pay rent and trashed the place and #2 A Single Mom who didn't pay rent with a PotHead son who beat up his mother and brought his friends over to rob the entire neighborhood systematically (In 20 units, I was the only one who didn't get robbed and that was because I mentioned one day while he was standing outside that I had a gun and a CCW that I wasn't afraid to use), a tenancy which ended dramatically with PotHead Son trying to chase down some kid with a gun and getting arrested and taken to the pokey.  Those lovely folks caused $4000 worth of damage (including a head through the wall).  I'm so happy that they sold the place and my neighbor now comes over to ask me if he can plant flowers in the shared yard and he wonders why I nearly weep with joy. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Ilovecomputers said:

I'm going to voice the unpopular opinion that I sympathize with the woman who has neighborhood children leaving coats, trash and stuff in her yard. I live in a neighborhood at the end of the road and in warmer weather the children play field hockey on the street and act outraged if I should actually want to interrupt their game to drive to my home.  They have netted goals set up that they have to move for me--the bitch. First of all, a street is not a playground.  Second, I have no other path to get home. Third, I am driving home in a westerly direction at a time of day when the sun nearly blinds me, and I am very concerned about not seeing a little child between parked cars suddenly darting out. I can't believe Judy was so approving of the children playing basketball in the street, but I'm sure when she's being driven around by Jerry or in a limo in her gated community it's not annoying at all to see these street games. The father of the thug-wannabes said if he would have known the police were going to talk to his sons, he wouldn't have allowed it. That went right over JJ 's head. Yes, one shouldn't lie to one's parents or to the police, but this was a property damage claim the police were looking into and it's ridiculous that he didn't want his kids to cooperate with the police about that.  After all, they were the cause of it. Where I live the kids have some fascination for my yard, too, and we've had water lilies removed from our pond, Christmas decorations and gazing balls broken even though the kids have yards of their own to play in. The only way children can learn to respect other people's property is to be taught to and also to have an understanding of the work it takes to have nice things. Nothing is free. 

13 hours ago, SandyToes said:

This one had Mr. Toes all hot and bothered an hour later. I may have to curtail his viewing.

I'm with this segment of the forum.  I don't think the lady was wrong at all.  The parents are not doing their children any favors by taking their side when they are wrong.  I don't get why JJ was so hostile to the plaintiff

• Love 8

Around here if the kids leave their stuff in my yard it goes in the street. My kids are younger 17,14 so we have balls and coats and water bottles and wrappers. I am not scared to go out and yell at them to pick up their trash! And they do it with a "sorry, Mrs. Aryn".  Of course, I have a perp in my house who has been known to leave his crap in other neighbors yards as well, so maybe I have a different perspective. Balls get kicked back into the street, I live in a culdesac so they just roll into the gutter. Coats eventually get claimed and trash I make them get when I see it. I don't mind them playing in the street, but they better move when I drive down the street.

I still think JJ was wrong, if I didn't know the kids I would keep all their crap if it was junking up my lawn. Abandoned property and all that.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Yep, typical 10 or 11 year old BS - with the adult acting like a spiteful 10 year old, "I got your ball and I'm not giving it back!" And, geez, how many times did JJ tell her she can't legally take the kids' balls into her house, and she still thinks it's fine - after all it's not a diamond engagement ring. Hmmm, maybe the kids should start a class action suit against the witch of the neighborhood for stealing their toys.

• Love 2

I totally disagreed with JJ's analogy of the 4 carat diamond ring versus an assortment of balls, coats and trash.  The ring is lost, the balls and other things are carelessly left behind.  I have the same issue in my 'hood.  Rental property to my right had some ghetto rats who had a basketball goal next to my driveway.  They dented the hood of my car.  When I told them be careful, mama rat came over, stood on my porch and called me a "fat, f***ing, whore."  They were evicted shortly afterward for non-payment of rent.  Rental two houses down -- the father is too lazy to move the garbage can from the curb between trash days, or get his kids to move their bicycles out of the street, but he can pull the basketball goal into the street to play with the kiddies.  Yes, I have their balls, trash, etc. on my lawn and they drive my dogs nuts.  My niece who lives with me has no tolerance for them.  She actually threw one of their balls away.  I  usually just kick them back to their house, or strategically put them behind the back tire of the parents' cars.  I'm the queen of passive aggressive!

JJ hasn't lived in a neighborhood with kids in 60 years.  And her house isn't 6 feet from her annoying neighbors.

• Love 13

Keep the wine bottle handy.  This one had Mr. Toes all hot and bothered an hour later. I may have to curtail his viewing.

Rerunning this post, because Mr. Toes was upset about the lying to the cops vs. lying to Judy. I think had the case gone on much longer it could have taken a nasty turn. Dad seemed to be getting pretty hot about the cops talking to the boy.

And Ilovecomputers, I don't think yours is an unpopular opinion.  

• Love 4

I thought the football stealer would have gotten more sympathy from JJ if she did not come off like a bit of a wacko. For one thing, that kid had no problem looking right at JJ and saying "I lied to the police." That was such BS right there and made me think he's disrespectful and that's just fine with his parents. Later, dad said "He said he didn't do it, and I'm going with that." I was a bit surprised that JJ didn't give the father the whole "If you keep defending him like this, this isn't the last time you'll be before a judge" speech.

My impression of the stealer is that she is the neighborhood crank and both the kids and adults are not very nice to her. So she fights back the only way she can: by keeping the crap they leave in her yard.

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

For one thing, that kid had no problem looking right at JJ and saying "I lied to the police."

He seemed just fine with that, probably because his father believes that anything his boy (Kid's name was "Lamon" and dad was "Lamont." Maybe someone got bored before they got to the "t" when naming him) tells him. JJ asks kid, "Did you think I was harsh with Ms. Brown?" and was surprised when kid said, "No." JJ, really? Didn't you know that the kid has no idea what "harsh" means?

The makeup artist had one of the thickest skulls I can remember seeing here. Nothing could make her understand she was wrong in her dealings with def. In the hall, where she proved she still thought she was right,  she says something like she'll continue with her successful career. After this was aired, I have my doubts about that.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

I'm not positive but I think we covered this case in my Psych class while I was in grad school. 

A head scratcher for sure - or should I say "butt scratcher"?

7 hours ago, Ilovecomputers said:

I could not agree more.

I live in a neighborhood without a lot of children but I can sympathize with those who are terrorized by them.  I also thought, at the time, sure Judy, no kids within a three mile radius of your mansion so it's easy to criticize those who find the little darlins' an annoyance.  I could almost guarantee you that if Judy had ten minutes with some of the nonsense that kids can deliver she'd more than change her tune.

It sure is easy to rule on this when you're not bothered by it, or have any idea how annoying it can be.

6 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Speaking of jewelry... JJ's trademark diamond earrings have gotten noticeably bigger!

Good catch!  I've noticed, too, that she wears a different wedding band. For a long time she wore a baguette style diamond ring, but now it is a yellow gold ring, so yellow, in fact, that I wonder if it's 22 karat gold. 

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Ilovecomputers said:

JJ's trademark diamond earrings have gotten noticeably bigger!

Usually I never notice this kind of thing, but I did see the earrings the other day. Wowza! Nice.

52 minutes ago, Watermelon said:

Judge Judy has been rich for a while now, but how much was she making as a New York judge? I doubt she's as unfamiliar with kids playing in the street as some think.

I remember her talking about being pregnant and living in a one-room apartment that had a pull-down bed. Murphy bed? Is that what's it's called? But yeah, she wasn't rich for most her life and probably clearly remembers those days. I know I remember going to work wearing shoes with holes in the soles.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

I also thought, at the time, sure Judy, no kids within a three mile radius of your mansion so it's easy to criticize those who find the little darlins' an annoyance.  I could almost guarantee you that if Judy had ten minutes with some of the nonsense that kids can deliver she'd more than change her tune.

A while back, I saw JJ's place in Sarasota on the internet- it was a lovely high rise condo overlooking the water. No pesky kids with basketballs or rubbing their butts on her candy canes. Her car is most likely safely ensconced in an underground parking garage where no raggedy little liars are kicking it with their Keds. 

I had a portable basketball hoop in front of my old single family house when my kids were little. Tried to be the cool mom and let all the kids use it. Until I come home to a pile of garbage and a broken window. Whoopsie went the hoop after that. GOML and go break your own windows and trash up your mama's lawn. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Watermelon said:

Judge Judy has been rich for a while now, but how much was she making as a New York judge? I doubt she's as unfamiliar with kids playing in the street as some think. 

She was raised in Brooklyn so I have to be pretty certain even she played in the streets when she was a kid. (I was raised in a city environment, too, until we moved when I was a young teen and we played in the street. But we weren't jerks -- we always had a lookout who'd call, "CAR!" when one was coming and we'd head to the sidewalk.) But that was a lifetime ago -- she's grown far too accustomed to her life in gated communities in at least three separate states. 

we always had a lookout who'd call, "CAR!

Same here, I grew up in the late fifties in an urban area where we played football in the street. The street was a single lane one way with parking on both sides of the street. Needless to say, most plays were "down the middle". We watched for cars, and cars did not really watch for us so it was a little bit of Darwinian pressure. None of us got killed but we had a few minor injuries which were learning experiences for us. Things were different back then, now in my part of the country, ten year olds walk out into 45 MPH traffic and hold up their hand to stop traffic and are totally certain that everybody will accomodate them.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Quof said:

It's clear none of you are Canadians.  The only acceptable street game is Road Hockey, year round.   That means dragging the nets off the street every time a car comes.

I'm Canadian and yep - you're right. Hockey nets, all year.

10 hours ago, DoctorK said:

Things were different back then, now in my part of the country, ten year olds walk out into 45 MPH traffic and hold up their hand to stop traffic and are totally certain that everybody will accomodate them.

This is due to all traffic in every direction stopping the instant the school bus stops. I have no objection to this for little kids, especially around here where there are no sidewalks, but I see big hulking near-adults getting off and meandering out in the road, knowing every car is stopped for them. They don't even glance around. They're in for a horrible shock when they leave school and find out that all traffic doesn't grind to a halt the instant they step off a bus.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, DoctorK said:

Things were different back then, now in my part of the country, ten year olds walk out into 45 MPH traffic and hold up their hand to stop traffic and are totally certain that everybody will accomodate them.

You're lucky they're only 10. I live off a highly traveled, 45-mile per hour stretch of road that recently put in a crosswalk (!) and the sign is partially obscured by foliage. I see grown-ass adults just stepping into the crosswalk willy nilly thinking that because it IS a crosswalk, the car traveling 45-mph that's 30-feet in front of them is going to magically stop on a dime. More money than brains where I live. 

Yesterday's rerun was nearly unwatchable again - though watch it, I did. It was the case of the violent stalker suing his victim for $300 in the eternal JJ favorite, "unpaid utility bills." The guy had a permanent restraining order against him for assaulting the Plaintiff/victim on a number of occasions as well as sending her over 300 hateful text messages in the course of an hour. The Plaintiff appeared terrified to be in the same space as that asshole -- and I don't blame her. I deleted it without Googling his name but I'm pretty sure he's probably in prison right now.  

On 2/10/2017 at 10:19 PM, DoctorK said:

If you trespass onto my property and leave your crap on my property, that is abandoned crap that I have to clean up. JJ screwed the pooch on this one.

GET OF MY LAWN (and your stuff too)!!             I'm talking to you, current neighbors.

They once had the audacity to ring my doorbell after dark to ask if I could turn on my driveway lights so they could play basketball on MY driveway. Uh.....NO!

Edited by Blissfool
  • Love 7
On 1/13/2017 at 0:37 PM, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

Tesla, I'm so glad you are okay and hopefully your baby too. My super healthy daughter developed severe pre-eclampsia and within two days was in the hospital having an emergency c-section - she was in ten days, the baby was 35 weeks along and was in the NICU 2 weeks (ventilator and all) . Everybody was eventually okay but definitely a scary time and something that sneaks up on healthy women. 

I'm glad to be back reading all the snark, y'all. My afternoons have been interrupted by the whole Fort Lauderdale shooting deal - every day an update and more video. It's freaky to realize how many times I've been there picking up family members and friends. 

And in JJ life-learning lessons, my new neighbor wanted to bring his pit bull over to meet my eleven year old pug ("He just wants to say hello!") I wisely said NOOOOOO!!! as my dog tends to get a little too anxious and didn't really want to see her decapitated by a dog whose head is the size of a Buick. Who says you don't learn anything by watching TV?!?!

Thank you, Patti! I'm still dealing with high blood pressure, but baby girl is thriving.  I'm glad your daughter and grandbaby are doing well too.  I haven't been on in a while because I rarely get to watch JJ anymore with my work schedule.  Thank you all for your nice comments. ?

Edited by Tesla
Baby status
  • Love 1
On 2/9/2017 at 8:48 PM, WaitForMe said:

nooooooo. I don't think the defendant was at fault at all!!  The kid ran out in front of him!  So he waved at someone. Big deal. He still would have hit her even if he hadn't looked over to wave at someone!!!  Plaintiff's bills were all paid thanks to JJ and Byrd. But on the good side everyone was clean and polite.  

But that's the whole premise in his part of responsibility.  But for the action he took.   He did look over to wave at someone.    No one knows whether or not he still would've hit her but if he hadn't taken his eyes off the road while his foot was still on the gas, in theory he would've seen her.

On 2/9/2017 at 11:47 PM, Brattinella said:

This defendant was driving in his own neighborhood, it was a cul-de-sac (dead end) and there were loads of people outside.  He was driving very slowly, and looked away for a second.  I don't know how he could have been LESS negligent; maybe parked?  Parents needed to be paying attention to their kids.

He was the nicest guy in the world and thank God that child wasn't more seriously injured buuuuuuut......again, super reluctant to say so, when you pull into a neighborhood where there are tons of kids (and he knows this because a.  it's his own neighborhood and b. there's a block party/cookout) you don't take your eyes off the road for any length of time. 

That however doesn't exclude that Journee has two dicks for parents.   The father's "there were other adults outside watching her."   So with all those other adults outside this 7 year old still needs to supervise herself crossing the street?   kay.   To quote a fellow poster, when "everybody" is watching the baby, no one is watching the baby.    Fast forward to the halterview this fool is still carrying on about it being the defendant's fault.     Her medical bills were paid, so they were out what exactly?

On 2/10/2017 at 9:36 PM, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

It's mine now!!  LOL!!!!   I'm the Rita Delvecchio on my block.   It's never too early to learn about restricted air space.

On 2/11/2017 at 9:37 AM, Ilovecomputers said:

On 2/11/2017 at 6:47 PM, Watermelon said:

This.   Last numbers I heard were something like $20M.  I don't know if that's the whole life of her contract or per annum but either way, she used to live on Park Ave in Manhattan, her primary residence is in Greenwich, Connecticut.   The only way she sees a stickball or pick up street hockey game is if she's lost. 

• Love 4
On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:37 AM, Ilovecomputers said:

What he said, and I went back to be sure, was that he wouldn't have allowed it without him there and that is the smartest thing anyone has ever said on this show. A kid shouldn't be questioned by police without a parent present and when you're talking about a Black kid, I can't blame a parent for being even more cautious. My gut says the kid was lying to JJ. The parents knew it and were okay with it and neither of those things are okay but that doesn't change the fact the dad is looking out for his son by always wanting a parent present if the kid is going to be talking to police officers. There should be a parent present. 11 is too young to be talking to a cop on your own because we can't know for sure if the kid felt pressured into saying he kicked the car because he was afraid of the cop or if he actually did it. We can all take a good guess and I bet we're all right, but I can't look at his statement to the police and assume it's true.

As for kids playing in the street it's not ideal and they absolutely should be cleaning up after themselves but I get how it happens. Is there a park nearby? Is it safe? Sometimes there just isn't a safer place for kids to play. I think everyone was in the wrong here. There needs to be a parent out there keeping an eye, the kids need to be more respectful of their neighbor's yards and that grown woman needs to act her age but I suspect there have been other annoyances in the past and both the kids and the woman were basically at the end of their tether.

Also, I have a hard time believing that that particular 11 year old did $1500 worth of damage to the car with one kick. He wasn't a big guy and the picture showed a pretty even flat footprint so I'd be amazed if he really managed to dent it. Considering JJ normally tells people to buff that out for $100, I was surprised at the reward at the end of it.

• Love 3