Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Learning disabilities do not preclude you from holding a job.  I work in a hospital and we have several learning disabled, long-term employees.  One worked for 25+ years in the cafeteria, with full health benefits, and was a loyal, reliable employee.  Her parents and her manager worked with her to help her have a life of independence.  She walked to work of her shifts and was always on time.  As we often see on JJ, it's somewhat of a family tradition for people to go down certain paths of independence or subsidized assistance.  

• Love 13

I just watched the Evans, Wittmore (woman, get a bra!)couple,  unholy union being sued by their unfortunate daughter  and holy hell, I had to stop. I thought I had accidently recorded "The Hills Have Eyes III" or something. OMG. I was afraid. I'm incoherent.

• Love 6

I loved JJ's passionate tirade that a new SSA chief would be on board soon and how disability, foster care and other payments should be suspended while people are in jail. She does piss me off sometimes, but she has it right a lot of the times.

I worked the Medicare call center for years.  We would get lots of calls for claims being denied because the beneficiary was incarcerated on the date of service.  When I worked billing for an ambulance company, we got the same kind of rejections from Medicare, too.

regarding the defendant that trashed the rental she was living in. How the HELL do people live like that? I'm about 50 and have lived in many rentals in my time and never once has it occurred to me to punch a wall or gouge doors or let the oven become caked and coated entirely on the inside with disgusting gunk. I just don't get it. 

I get moving out and having minor nail marks in the wall and perhaps some shadow on the wall where pictures used to be. Worn carpet from daily traveling to and fro, that kind of stuff. It's the actual damage and filth that people not only inflict on the property, but they LIVE there among that dirt and disarray. And then on top of that, agree to go on television where "ten million people" will see what a pig you are. I just don't get it.

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

regarding the defendant that trashed the rental she was living in. How the HELL do people live like that? I'm about 50 and have lived in many rentals in my time and never once has it occurred to me to punch a wall or gouge doors or let the oven become caked and coated entirely on the inside with disgusting gunk. I just don't get it. 

I get moving out and having minor nail marks in the wall and perhaps some shadow on the wall where pictures used to be. Worn carpet from daily traveling to and fro, that kind of stuff. It's the actual damage and filth that people not only inflict on the property, but they LIVE there among that dirt and disarray. And then on top of that, agree to go on television where "ten million people" will see what a pig you are. I just don't get it.

I helped with apartment maintenance for awhile - mainly going in after tenants left, doing the heavy lifting cleanup and then painting after a the place was cleared out and before the finish cleaning crew and carpet cleaners came. Truly appalling how some folks live. The complex had professional pest people visit periodically, which I suppose cut down on the visible trash. After they were gone, though, I sometimes found closets full of pizza boxes and assorted fast food trash. One of the worst was a girl who moved out after fighting with management one hot SW Oklahoma summer. We couldn't enter until her official eviction date. When we finally gained entry, we found she had dumped food out in the fridge, unplugged it, and left it to stew for the several days before we got inside. Luckily it wasn't my job cleaning THAT out, it was bad enough hauling it outside to be worked on.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, configdotsys said:

lived in many rentals in my time and never once has it occurred to me to punch a wall or gouge doors or let the oven become caked and coated entirely on the inside with disgusting gunk. I just don't get it. 

I lived in rented places when I was younger. There was not one hole punched in a wall, no doors destroyed or screens ripped out or even any gouges in the floor.  I never lived in filth either. For the litigants, I think it may be one of two things: They have zero regard for any property not theirs (if you pay for hardwood floors, you aren't going to drag heavy furniture over it) or - regarding the "pigs" - they are inured to living in filth. You can see this on shows like "Hoarders" where living conditions (like a fridge being declared a biohazard) that would make a vulture gag are shrugged off with a, "Oh, things got a little bit out of hand." When JJ tells someone, "You live like pigs!" there is no change in their expressions, whereas I would shrivel up and die from shame.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

I lived in rented places when I was younger. There was not one hole punched in a wall, no doors destroyed or screens ripped out or even any gouges in the floor.  I never lived in filth either.

Well, now. You'll never get on court TV with that attitude, Little Missy?

I think I put a landlord in shock one time when I was moving out. He came to do a walk through with me. Knocked on the door, and asked about the new screen in the storm door. I told him I had replaced it because of the pet door I put in. Dude didn't even come in, just invited me over to the office for coffee - I did have to wait till the end of the week for my deposit back. ?

1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

For the litigants, I think it may be one of two things: They have zero regard for any property not theirs (if you pay for hardwood floors, you aren't going to drag heavy furniture over it) or - regarding the "pigs" - they are inured to living in filth. You can see this on shows like "Hoarders" where living conditions (like a fridge being declared a biohazard) that would make a vulture gag are shrugged off with a, "Oh, things got a little bit out of hand." When JJ tells someone, "You live like pigs!" there is no change in their expressions, whereas I would shrivel up and die from shame.

Really not surprising - if it's your own mess it seems fine. Oy, some places I delivered pizza to back in the day - I swear you could smell before they opened the door!

• Love 3
On 1/19/2017 at 4:42 PM, AuntiePam said:

JJ was on quite a tear today with that family.  Mom, daughter, and dad all on disability, and it's likely that daughter's boyfriend's mom in the motorized wheelchair is also supported by Byrd.  Not a lot of money between them but surely there was enough to buy mom a bra.

Oh, for Christ's sakes. The crappy channel I watch JJ is notorious for swapping out new episodes for old ones and this was no exception. I was away and had it set to record and...got a rerun. Can someone recap this episode for me since I'm pretty sure I'll never find it on YouTube. Thank you!

ETA: I did look on YT and couldn't find the episode (frankly, I have no idea what kind of naming conventions those uploaders use ... the episode on my DVR was S21 Ep 108 ... and when I searched YT with that criteria, I was getting episodes from years ago. GAH!). Oh, but I did find time to rewatch this gem from years ago which never fails to fill me with joy:

Edited by Guest

I'm a few days behind my DVR on JJ episodes, but I just watched a rerun from around 2013 that was on here last week.  Wondering if anyone else saw it?  One family was suing another for dental expenses when the little girl the mother was babysitting in her home hit her son, causing him to break a tooth.  Something about that girl gave me major Bad Seed vibes, the way she kept smirking every time the other kid's injury was mentioned.

I told myself I was just imagining it, but then the father of the babysitting family mentioned having to cut her down when she tried to hang herself in their yard (probably because there were no babies or dogs around to hang!).  And then in the hallterview, the injured boy said she suggested playing Truth or Dare, and she made him do things like lick the bathroom sink, and then she said she bopped him on the back of the head, and oh, well, he chipped a tooth--evil grin.  I'm pretty careful not to say bad things about little kids, but that girl gave me the willies.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

Oh, for Christ's sakes. The crappy channel I watch JJ is notorious for swapping out new episodes for old ones and this was no exception. I was away and had it set to record and...got a rerun. Can someone recap this episode for me since I'm pretty sure I'll never find it on YouTube. Thank you!

ETA: I did look on YT and couldn't find the episode (frankly, I have no idea what kind of naming conventions those uploaders use ... the episode on my DVR was S21 Ep 108 ... and when I searched YT with that criteria, I was getting episodes from years ago. GAH!). Oh, but I did find time to rewatch this gem from years ago which never fails to fill me with joy:

OMG!!!  I've never seen this before, absolutely hilarious!  THANK YOU!

• Love 2

Right?! The end kills me with JJ killing the guy with her train. The whole thing is random and bizarre! As are Byrd's various "outfits." I remember it from like, 17 or so years ago when it was first posted to ebaumsworld.com. 

3 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Edited by AuntiePam

Well crap, I can't get the Edit to work correctly.

GiantMisfit, I think the case with the disabled litigants was about mom using daughter's SSN to open a utility account, but I might be conflating that case with another one.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

GiantMisfit, I think the case with the disabled litigants was about mom using daughter's SSN to open a utility account, but I might be conflating that case with another one.

Thanks, AuntiePam! My DVR described the episode as JJ lecturing the government about the social safety net? I don't know. All I got was a landlord case from three years ago! Ugh. :( 

I hate it when parents put bills in their kids names.  Many years ago I knew of a couple who did that.  After the father ruined his credit, they moved the bills to the mother and ruined her credit.  Then the father went into business with his father and brother, both of whom had excellent reputations in their line of work.  The shady brother put his wife in charge of the books while he drummed up business for the shop.  Very soon the two actual workers were begging for money for groceries while the shady brother and his wife were buying new cars and furniture for their home. 

Within three months they closed the shop and declared bankruptcy.  They had to return most of what they'd recently bought, but they were smart enough to make sure their home bills were paid off first.  Then it was time to move their bills to their 16 year old daughters name.  They told her that when she turned 18 she'd have excellent credit because they'd make sure to pay all bills off on time, etc.  Luckily for her, she got a boyfriend that clued her in on what her parents were doing to her.  She didn't believe it at first, but by the time she was 18 her credit was shot and her parents were telling the boyfriend it was time to put all the bills in his name. 

Instead he married the girl, they moved out and went to work repairing her credit and keeping his in good order.  The last I heard of them, they'd held off on having kids until after they were able to buy a home and are still married.  Her parents live in a motor home parked on some relatives land and they have to work for another relative for peanuts, because no one else would hire them.  They should be retired now, but they have to keep working as best they can because they never learned how to save money and screwed over everyone they came into contact with.

Edited by Zahdii
added missing word
  • Love 6

OMG, pretty girl in love with tweaker dude who lives up in the mountains of the California Central Coast, living on her stepfather's property in an RV.  Just, why?

My cousin used to live up there.  In a log cabin with a dirt floor and no electricity.  She literally had to escape.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

Today's boyfriend-girlfriend loan case was messy as hell.  Neither party came off as sympathetic.  Plaintiff's crocodile tears in the hallterview were fun to watch though. 

19 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

LOL AuntiePam  I know!!  I was giggling while she was crying ...but I had no idea what she was even saying

16 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

OMG, pretty girl in love with tweaker dude who lives up in the mountains of the California Central Coast, living on her stepfather's property in an RV.  Just, why?

My cousin used to live up there.  In a log cabin with a dirt floor and no electricity.  She literally had to escape.

The guy, John Barnes, was on a reality show on WE network a year ago called "Ex-Isle".  Cheesy as heck! LOL  My husband and I remembered him because he was such a jerk and a user on that show. lol  There's a forum for that show here on PT but only a few us posted on it at the time. Apparently this guy hasn't changed at all since filming that show. lol

• Love 3
On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 7:31 PM, Giant Misfit said:

Oh, but I did find time to rewatch this gem from years ago which never fails to fill me with joy:

This is one of the finest things ever in creation. The RoboCop robot - "She's lying. " The Rottweiler, the machine gun... "Your honor I have the paper here," omg, no matter how many times I see this, I never fail to crack up. Thanks for bringing it up!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ShowsILoveToHate said:

The guy, John Barnes, was on a reality show on WE network a year ago called "Ex-Isle".  Cheesy as heck!

I just tried to watch this, but had to give up. Mr. Barnes - 33 year old man who needs some girlfriend to buy him a big toy like a motorcycle and he only wanted it so he could be at her beck and call more quickly - very altruistic he is -  and who can't say one sentence without a "like"in it. Sleazy, slimy and dumb - I'd buy him a motorcyle too!

2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I disagree vehemently with the "pretty" part (although I did enjoy her sobbing in the hall), but I watched this rerun of these brain-damaged, snaggle-toothed pack of dull-eyed morons fighting over broken-down trailers and tacky clothes just to hear Byrd tell them to "SHUT UP!" I love when Byrd does that.  I love it a lot. In fact, I love that almost as much as I love when JJ tells someone to "get out!"

• Love 3

1st case: I was getting tired of low-budget Britney and K-Fed arguing with each other. I didn't care what happened to her clothes or his RV. They kept arguing with each other like they haven't ever been anywhere. I think the dad was lying, too.

2nd case: Didn't watch it, but laughed because the Defendant's last name was "Dykes". Heh. I'm 12.

3rd case: Hmm. The Defendant was a real piece of work, buuuut...I was getting sack-of-crazy vibes from the Plaintiff. He said he caught her in bed with another guy and to make it up to him, she bought a motorcycle. Well, she did buy it, but kept the pink slip. He got caught riding it and it was impounded. It's not like he kept the bike or even really had it for long, so...I don't know how much of a user he is. I actually think he should've gotten something on his defamation suit. Even if she did buy him a bike and seemed like he was manipulating her, that's not really a reason to go around the Internet talking shit about him. She was crying and shit about wanting to warn other women. Girl, bye. You wanted people to feel sorry for your ass. And by the way, I'm getting a little tired of that. Chicks who think it's everybody's business that their man sucks need to be told NOBODY GIVES A FUCK. You don't have to broadcast your misery. It's bullshit not only because nobody cares, but also because those women are usually the first ones to get back with his ass after she dries her tears.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, ShowsILoveToHate said:

The guy, John Barnes, was on a reality show on WE network a year ago called "Ex-Isle".  Cheesy as heck! LOL  My husband and I remembered him because he was such a jerk and a user on that show. lol  There's a forum for that show here on PT but only a few us posted on it at the time. Apparently this guy hasn't changed at all since filming that show. lol

Thank you! I have been trying to place where I saw him, ex-isle is where! 

57 minutes ago, 27bored said:

I actually think he should've gotten something on his defamation suit.

He could be defamed? Now I'm going to have to watch the rest of this. I'll have to take a drink everytime BikeBoy says "like" to make it bearable.

59 minutes ago, 27bored said:

Chicks who think it's everybody's business that their man sucks need to be told NOBODY GIVES A FUCK. You don't have to broadcast your misery. It's bullshit not only because nobody cares, but also because those women are usually the first ones to get back with his ass after she dries her tears.

Heh. After she dries her tears and/or after the bruises heal and/or after he gets of prison or rehab or leaves his wife or whatever.

• Love 1

The idiot RV boyfriend who claims he's been through 22 phones last year?!  HOW? Now admittedly, we are the types that actually purchase a phone, rather than "rent to own" or the $24 a month forever plans, but still!  Thank goodness there were no children. Judy asked her if she was on anything, but it sure seemed like he was.  Or, maybe I'm just too naturally mellow.

And weepy motorcycle chick - agreed. Shut up. You chose him, and no body cares.

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, 27bored said:

but also because those women are usually the first ones to get back with his ass after she dries her tears.

I think Whitney Houston had an easier time evacuating the doodie bubbles from her butt* than that gal did squeezing those tears out of her eyes. 

*Ref: 

2 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I think Whitney Houston had an easier time evacuating the doodie bubbles from her butt* than that gal did squeezing those tears out of her eyes. 

*Ref: 

"Hell to the no!"

Edited by Spunkygal
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Brattinella said:

No offense meant, dear Giant Misfit!

None taken, my friend! But let me assure you it was one of reality TV's shiniest moments! 

20 hours ago, Brattinella said:

I don't think they could have been high, do you? :D

BikeBoy was running off at the mouth, he couldn't keep up with his spasming brain!

And don't you know Brattinella that there is some loser, somewhere who looked at him and thought "be still my heart, what a catch".  

Then when it doesn't work out she'll march in my office, crawl into a fetal position and cry that every man she's ever loved wasn't right for her.

Rinse and repeat.

One of the worst was a girl who moved out after fighting with management one hot SW Oklahoma summer. We couldn't enter until her official eviction date. When we finally gained entry, we found she had dumped food out in the fridge, unplugged it, and left it to stew for the several days before we got inside. Luckily it wasn't my job cleaning THAT out, it was bad enough hauling it outside to be worked on.

I live in a townhouse and had a neighbor to the right that left all her crap in the place, including leaving a full fridge in a place with no power. After a week or so in the hot Florida weather,  I pull up to my place and there's a guy in the front yard trying to clean the fridge with a bucket of water. I loaned him my hose AND gave him a gallon size bottle of bleach to kill the smell AND all the roaches running out. Meanwhile on the left side, the non paying folks finally took off in the middle of the night, leaving head-sized holes in the wall and broken glass everywhere. It looked like an atomic bomb went off inside. Took the owner $4000 in supplies to get the place fixed up. Thank goodness I have owner-neighbors now.  The guy that bought the atomic-bomb townhouse comes home from work every night and works in the postage-stamp sized yard. He mows the teensy patch of grass with a push mower. It's been nearly nine months but I want to weep with joy every time I see him when I pull up. 

One of the worst was a girl who moved out after fighting with management one hot SW Oklahoma summer. We couldn't enter until her official eviction date. When we finally gained entry, we found she had dumped food out in the fridge, unplugged it, and left it to stew for the several days before we got inside. Luckily it wasn't my job cleaning THAT out, it was bad enough hauling it outside to be worked on.

I live in a townhouse and had a neighbor to the right that left all her crap in the place, including leaving a full fridge in a place with no power. After a week or so in the hot Florida weather,  I pull up to my place and there's a guy in the front yard trying to clean the fridge with a bucket of water. I loaned him my hose AND gave him a gallon size bottle of bleach to kill the smell AND all the roaches running out. Meanwhile on the left side, the non paying folks finally took off in the middle of the night, leaving head-sized holes in the wall and broken glass everywhere. It looked like an atomic bomb went off inside. Took the owner $4000 in supplies to get the place fixed up. Thank goodness I have owner-neighbors now.  The guy that bought the atomic-bomb townhouse comes home from work every night and works in the postage-stamp sized yard. He mows the teensy patch of grass with a push mower. It's been nearly nine months but I want to weep with joy every time I see him when I pull up. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, vibeology said:

I don't know if anyone else got the case about the benefit concert but I found it a welcome relief from feuding couples. Also, the lighting and staging guy did great work for $900: http://brentpayne.com/photogal2.php?dir=coronadepot (I love google)  I'd hire that guy. 

I liked the plaintiffs. I couldn't decide if the defendant was a well-intentioned guy who was in over his head and/or wasn't too bright, or if he was a scammer. I'm still not exactly sure what his charity was, but considering he likely lost money on the benefit, it's probably not doing too great. The one snippet I got was that he wants to thank/support veterans...but then he talked about how he would advertise the benefit at places where veterans would congregate, so is he making them buy a ticket just to give it right back to them? Either way, even if his heart's in the right place, I don't think this is the right path for him.

• Love 4

Plus, if he has the drive and energy and emotional connection to a cause to go to all the trouble of having coins made, composing and printing and distributing flyers, hiring venues and bands, etc., why is he on disability from work for anxiety and depression?  That's more than I accomplish most days when I'm not depressed.

To be clear, I'm not minimizing depression as an illness.  Been there, done that, took the meds, went to the therapists.  But when I was slogging my way through depression, I couldn't do anything remotely that active--or that optimistic.  And I kept going to work, too.

ETA:  Just looked at that link--thanks so much for posting it, vibeology!  What a shame that so much effort and professional talent went into creating an event that drew only fifty-five people.  I can't figure why they (he) didn't promote it on social media.  Surely one of their kids could've helped with that.

Edited by Mondrianyone
More to say
  • Love 4

I think the defendant's charity was to create specially minted coins and give them to veterans as a thank you. I think his heart is in the right place, but he lacks any kind of practicality. If I'm right, it does seem an odd choice for a cause.  I support health care and job preferences for veterans, but I wouldn't give money so they could get a commemorative coin.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

He was giving those stupid useless coins to people he'd meet... LOL so dumb.

But he had his special way of thanking them too.  That makes all the difference. 

• Love 2