Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

That is cool. My paternal grandparents immigrated to da U.P. in northern Michigan. Say yah to da U.P., eh? My dad was a very proud first generation American. Mita kuuluu? (I don't know how to add the umlaut over the "a."

Back on topic, the ex is still MIA. Wouldn't it be fitting if he missed watching his episode because he's in jail? But we get to see it because we're not?

Edited by suomi
  • Love 2

That is cool. My paternal grandparents immigrated to da U.P. in northern Michigan. Say yah to da U.P., eh? My dad was a very proud first generation American. Mita kuuluu? (I don't know how to add the umlaut over the "a."

Back on topic, the ex is still MIA. Wouldn't it be fitting if he missed watching his episode because he's in jail? But we get to see it because we're not?

mitä kuuluu

(copied and pasted from a dictionary site)

• Love 1

The Delorean owner with the Hallterview references was a hoot, I think I missed the Hallterview the first time.

He was a riot! The funniest part was that it went right over everyone's heads:  "It's a good thing it wasn't the flux capacitor."  

I doubt the Hermes store would have authenticated the bag. I don't shop Hermes, but I shop relatively "high end" handbag stores, and they won't authenticate bags. They will only guarantee that, if it were purchased at their store, it is authentic. Purchase anywhere else, and you are on own.  People in the know can authenticate a bag based on the serial number.  Seriously, there is a whole world you can't imagine on the forums of Purseblog.com.

LOL! I, too, read Purseforum for fun and non-profit. I think one of the tactics they use to authenticate bags in a roundabout way is to take the bag in for "spa treatment," because Hermes will only accept authentic bags for "spa treatment" or repairs.  

I think being able to authenticate the serial number and unique symbols can help, but it's still not definite, because they are able to get that right on the best quality fakes.  If I were in the market for a bag that goes for a spa vacay  every year, I wouldn't fool around - only from a store, or a reputable auction house. 

I can't imagine wanting a purse that gets spa treatment.

I can only think of two reason to own a designer handbag: either a sh*t load of money; or, as part of a collection. And, since I don't have a lot of money, and am not a collector (except for maybe cats, I don't purposely collect cats, but there must be a "FREE LUNCH FOR KITTIES" sign on the deck which is only visible to cats), I don't see a chance of me buying some fancy, high falutin handbag.
  • Love 5

My DVR says there's a new episode this Friday. We haven't seen that pesky flyswatter in a while...hope the fly makes a special appearance.

ETA...wish it would land on a titty tat!

Edited by Spunkygal
  • Love 1

Does anyone know when new episodes will be back?

My tv guide has 1 new followed by 1 old Fri and Mon, followed by two reruns daily for awhile. Even more than showing reruns, I hate that none of our reruns are older three months. My theory is that they sell the rights to so many episodes for 90 days, guaranteeing a certain number will be new episodes. For a while we get 2 new episodes a day, then once sweeps is over we get reruns with an occasional new episode to keep viewership from tanking. Problem I have is that the reruns all come from the current 90 day block. JJ has been on for years, but all our reruns are still fresh in my mind. Once the 90 days is up the local station no longer has the rights to the episodes, the cycle starts over. I suppose different markets purchase different blocks. A bigger market may have more than 1 station showing JJ, so the different stations could be buying different blocks, with 1 station showing the current block and another station with an older season, or classic JJ episodes. Like I said, just my theory, but it seems to fit. Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 1

SF Bay Area gets 4 episodes a day on KPIX; sometimes I've commented on several year old reruns that other people aren't getting so I guess we get the standard package plus extras.

• Love 3

SF Bay Area gets 4 episodes a day on KPIX; sometimes I've commented on several year old reruns that other people aren't getting so I guess we get the standard package plus extras.

We just have two episodes, starting at 4pm. Like I said, seems like nothing older than 90 days. 2 Hot Bench, 1 TPC, and 1 Judge Mathis, and all seem to be on 90 day cycles.
  • Love 1

We are getting all these reruns but no Patricia Bean!  

Are they holding that episode ransom?

Charging stations some super premium for rebroadcast rights?

Lining up  Super Bowl type/priced advertisements?

• Love 8

Is Dave McElhatton still on KPIX?

ETA:  Nevermind.  I see that he died in 2010.  I liked him very much.

Dave McElhatton was one of the great local news anchors. Miss him! He was a friend of a friend...I never met him but am told he was a wonderful person.

Good to see some San Francisco Bay Area viewers on the forum! The rerun featuring Wyld (little dog tormentor) and his dad, Mr. Owyeung, was shown a few days ago. As soon as they walked into the courtroom I just knew they were from the Bay Area, even before anyone said anything.

• Love 1

Intocats 

As soon as they walked into the courtroom I just knew they were from the Bay Area, even before anyone said anything.

Still laughing at this!  Takes one to know one!  Glad to see you here as well.

• Love 1
Every time I see her name I have an irrisistable urge to yell, "Slut!" at someone

Every time she's mentioned, I flash back to the point in the case where the line of questioning was going against her, and she interrupted Judy:

"Your honor, ask her how many men she's been with!"

I try to write an alternative-reality scenario where Judy does just that, and the case goes in a different direction:

"Ms. ------,  how many men have you been with?"

"Eight."

"You are clearly a brazen, shameless hussy!  Judgment for Ms. Bean!!!"

Anybody wanna play this game?  Construct an alternative-reality case?

Edited by Sarcastico
  • Love 3

Well, I'll be taking a pass on Judge Judy today; the star is a nine-yr old bully who kicked a dog in the head, and threw a cat out a window.  This is WAY too close to home for me; I have had similar (and worse) experiences with a neighbor kid.

• Love 4

Ah yes, the 9 year old Anthony who didn't appear to be "all there" if you ask me. The kicker for me was that his mother is a school counselor. And she so stupidly defended him with "the cat didn't die." And although I don't have kids, my radar went bonkers when he was eagerly awaiting for plaintiff and her daughter to get back in town so he could play with the daughter...oh...her 4 yr old daughter! Nothing about this case bodes well for Anthony, his mom and animals in the future...and maybe not for children younger than he is either.

• Love 6

Just watched it...being an animal lover, it pissed me off how the mother is making excuses for her future serial killer son (and yes, I mean it. There is a direct connection between animal abuse and serial killers. A sociopath at the very least).

I just couldn't believe that up until the cat incident came up, Judge Judy was going to let the mother off?! I will admit I don't understand the law 100%, but you are watching someone elses kid and they hurt or kill an animal, how is that YOUR fault?

The mother KNEW the kid did it. Dogs don't get knocked out and go in to convulsions (this is what I gathered) from "falling off the couch". I had a 3lb teacup Yorkie at one point that could jump off the damn couch without issues.

The mother is doing her son ZERO favors by covering for him...

• Love 5

Just watched it...being an animal lover, it pissed me off how the mother is making excuses for her future serial killer son (and yes, I mean it. There is a direct connection between animal abuse and serial killers. A sociopath at the very least).

I just couldn't believe that up until the cat incident came up, Judge Judy was going to let the mother off?! I will admit I don't understand the law 100%, but you are watching someone elses kid and they hurt or kill an animal, how is that YOUR fault?

The mother KNEW the kid did it. Dogs don't get knocked out and go in to convulsions (this is what I gathered) from "falling off the couch". I had a 3lb teacup Yorkie at one point that could jump off the damn couch without issues.

The mother is doing her son ZERO favors by covering for him...

Thanks for your insightful post.  I am SO glad I didn't watch this episode!  I absolutely concur that this is a serial killer in the making.  That "covering up" for the kids is becoming the norm nowadays.  Raising special snowflakes that can do no wrong, that MUST NOT be criticized EVER, is making a soul-less generation that are all out for their own personal comfort and gain, and screw everyone else.

• Love 5

Ah yes, the 9 year old Anthony who didn't appear to be "all there" if you ask me.

Poor little Anthony, with his open mouth and blank look, had trouble answering questions when JJ wouldn't listen to his obviously coached testimony. I just hope he was freaked out by the cameras, and isn't as slow as he appeared.

The kicker for me was that his mother is a school counselor. And she so stupidly defended him with "the cat didn't die."

Yet another litigant on JJ where I'm left wondering why the hell they would agree to going on tv and airing their dirty laundry. Even if Mommy believes son would never hurt an animal, why in hell would she agree to come on TV where everyone will see him accused of killing a cat and kicking a dog.

Actually, I think Mommy agreed without even considering how her son would look, or the pretty much guaranteed teasing he'll face. I would not have been surprised had JJ commented on the short low cut dress Mommy wore to court (I wonder if perhaps this was one of those times the litigant was provided a cover up - probably not since she was still showing lots of skin). As you say, her best defense was the dog was an accident and the cat didn't die. Instead of looking embarrassed and mortified at the accusations, she had a smirk on her face which sometimes turned to a grin. I guess you could say I don't particularly like the woman.

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 5

And next we had the tattoo artist son who claims to make $8k a month and says Mom gave him $2k as a gift. He admits mom needed a car because her car was repo'ed, but insists she gave him $2000 as a gift when she got her tax refund. She says the 2 grand was for a used car he was supposed to buy for her from his friend. When sonny bought the car, he put it in his wife's name, yet mom had possession for months until a big kerfuffle (car never insured under either name). Sonny sends police to get the car, and mom wants back the money she put into car. Son's story makes no sense, he claims that he makes all this money, yet he and wifey are taking out title loans on car while in mom's possession, and kerfuffle is over money he was borrowing from grandma which was deposited in mom's account. JJ finally gets fed up either the nonsense and gives mom the $2k.

Couple sidenotes: anyone figure out how many title loans these people had? I've heard of people who regularly pawn stuff, but these guys are pawning cars - and not repaying the loan. Sounds like mom had one, which was repo'ed, than son and wife had either 1 or 2 loans on the car in question. Any bets on whether the car has been repo'ed yet? Another question, remember Terry Farrell's character Dax on Deep Space Nine with the spots on her head and shoulders? I think wifey may be a Trill.

• Love 3
(edited)

"Eight."

"But wait, Your Honour, only two of them were any good!"

JJ: "The rest of them were less than satisfactory?"

"Yes. I had to fake orgasms all the time."

JJ: "I've changed my mind. Judgement for the plaintiff."

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 4

Actually, I think Mommy agreed without even considering how her son would look, or the pretty much guaranteed teasing he'll face. 

She's got as much awareness of how other people feel as her kid does. In the halterview she said something about just keeping her kid away from other people - not because he's a sociopath in the making, but (paraphrasing) to keep him away from mean people. Riiiight. Also that he just wasn't used to tiny dogs - so is she saying her kid *hits her pit bulls*?

• Love 4

Every time she's mentioned, I flash back to the point in the case where the line of questioning was going against her, and she interrupted Judy:

"Your honor, ask her how many men she's been with!"

I try to write an alternative-reality scenario where Judy does just that, and the case goes in a different direction:

"Eight."

Anybody wanna play this game?  Construct an alternative-reality case?

Oooh, Creative Writing 101 at the JJ School of TV Law! Maybe we should start a new thread (cuz' we all know Curious Parker just LOVES to read our snarkiest stuff during b-or-i-n-g dates and meetings.)

• Love 2

Geez-o-peter, wait weeks for a new episode and it's a snoozefest.  Mother dies in 1998.  Brother buys mom's house and pays off his siblings over the next ten years.  In 2006, he buys two hockey season tickets -- almost $6K -- for him and his sister.  His sister was supposed to pay half, and the payment was supposed to be made when he made his final payment to her, which happened in 2016.  Sister didn't pay.

When JJ said to the brother, "I don't think you're the type of person who would give someone $3K", he seemed to take it as a compliment.  He could afford the gift -- he said he made about $70K working for the railroad, which is decent money for Minnesota.    JJ didn't ask the sister about her income.  She probably did agree to pay half, but he would probably have bought two tickets anyway -- who wants to go to games alone?

JJ awards him $2800 and he shouts out "It was 2818!"  JJ ignores him.

I thought the sister looked and acted like Martha on Baskets.  Very flat affect. 

• Love 5

im surprised he was allowed to sue still

That was a boring half hour.

I suppose the lawsuit was okay because the sister's obligation to pay wasn't in effect until she received her final payment. 

• Love 3

I was supremely unimpressed with Mrs Owner of the Husky.  Her facial poses looked (to me) like she is yearning to be a Kardashian (she already had the boob job)  I just can't STAND that kind of phoniness, her lips were pursed like she was smelling shit the whole time!  And SHE thought she looked great.

Plus, she was suing for $5000 for a $700 dog!  She just wants to punish her ex some more.

• Love 2

Has there been one fun or interesting case this season???

How about the Cosbying horses from last autumn? The comments on this thread alone certainly made that case fun and interesting.

• Love 1

"Ms. ------, how many men have you been with?"

"Eight."

"You are clearly a brazen, shameless hussy! Judgment for Ms. Bean!!!"

"But wait, Your Honour, only two of them were any good!"

JJ: "The rest of them were less than satisfactory?"

"Yes. I had to fake orgasms all the time."

JJ: "I've changed my mind. Judgement for the plaintiff."

Ha! Thanks, Angela Hunter, for the fantasy JJ episode! So funny.

• Love 1

This case was dull, except for the out-of-control Minnesota accents. Felt like being back home again. The crazy accent and slow speech pattern made the plaintiff sound about 80% dumber, bless his heart.

• Love 4

Thanks, Angela Hunter, for the fantasy JJ episode! So funny.

You're welcome, but you need to thank Sarcastico. It was his idea, bless his snarky heart!:)

I don't remember seeing the drunken, brawling roommates, but the plaintiff's sing-songy lisping testimony about his stuff he left behind what - 10 years ago? -  got on my last nerve.

• Love 1

Oooh, Creative Writing 101 at the JJ School of TV Law! Maybe we should start a new thread (cuz' we all know Curious Parker just LOVES to read our snarkiest stuff during b-or-i-n-g dates and meetings.)

Following up on this most excellent idea - do we know if Curious Parker actually watches the show?  Or just us? Because as wacky as each market's schedules are (I get four eps a day, but only two descriptions), and the eps vary, we could write our own recaps with what we SHOULD be seeing.  Who would be the wiser? Maybe my wackadoodle show was only in my market?  Too bad everyone else missed it...  Just a thought.

• Love 2

Geez-o-peter, wait weeks for a new episode and it's a snoozefest.  Mother dies in 1998.  Brother buys mom's house and pays off his siblings over the next ten years.  In 2006, he buys two hockey season tickets -- almost $6K -- for him and his sister.  His sister was supposed to pay half, and the payment was supposed to be made when he made his final payment to her, which happened in 2016.  Sister didn't pay.

When JJ said to the brother, "I don't think you're the type of person who would give someone $3K", he seemed to take it as a compliment.  He could afford the gift -- he said he made about $70K working for the railroad, which is decent money for Minnesota.    JJ didn't ask the sister about her income.  She probably did agree to pay half, but he would probably have bought two tickets anyway -- who wants to go to games alone?

I thought the sister looked and acted like Martha on Baskets.  Very flat affect.

I felt my brain sort of frost over and congeal during the Minnesotan-Fighting-Siblings case. Jeeeeeez!! Slow motion torture.

The plaintiff does kind of prove the old thought though that when a man, ANY man, wants to marry, he can usually find a willing woman. I mean, his new wife was fairly attractive, as is the guy's new stepdaughter. How did he ever attract the woman? His witty banter? His buff bod? His house? Which leads me to the only truly interesting aspect of Snoozefest in Minnesota:

I think the overly-sad defendant was acting much more like a spurned and jilted girlfriend than a put-upon sibling. She and bro went on hockey dates together, up to at least seven years after Mother's passing. Then the wanton interloper shows up and steals Sissy's boyfriend, not to mention Ma's house!

On top of it all, I bet sis is convinced that new wife with red lipstick is waltzing around Mom's house wearing the mink stole and the strand of pearls that are rightfully hers.

I felt sorry for sister, she was SO unhappy. She needs a new hairstyle, light-reflecting wrinkle cream, a touch of makeup and her own set of season hockey tix. Then she can join a dating site to find a fellow fan to share a game with. The Bro-BF is gone for good, stop feeling so low about it. I know he's prime Minnesotan-Hunk, but he's in love with somebody else now.

• Love 11

On top of it all, I bet sis is convinced that new wife with red lipstick is waltzing around Mom's house wearing the mink stole and the strand of pearls that are rightfully hers.

Even more importantly, what is new wife doing with the trailer hitch, heh, if you get my drift...wink, wink, nudge, nudge...

• Love 2

The plaintiff does kind of prove the old thought though that when a man, ANY man, wants to marry, he can usually find a willing woman.

God,I was thinking exactly that. Looking at him and listening to his stupid, ignorant  "dese and dose and dat thing" for 15 minutes had me tearing my hair out. Just thinking about a woman saying, "Darling, I want to spend the rest of my life with you" makes my world tilt on its axis.

I know he's prime Minnesotan-Hunk

*Cackles loudly*

I bet she was saying something in her head - something that starts with "F" and ends with "U".

• Love 6

Dat episode I was *dis* close to turnin off. But dere was a dunderstorm outside dat I listened to instead dat was was more interesting den dis ding.

When the brother threw out the "she's a hoarder" comment, that could have explained a lot.  She might already HAVE the mink coat, the pearls, and the trailer hitch.  She just forgot she has them and she can't find them.  Seriously!  I watch "Hoarders" and anything is possible.

• Love 4

When the brother threw out the "she's a hoarder" comment, that could have explained a lot.  She might already HAVE the mink coat, the pearls, and the trailer hitch.  She just forgot she has them and she can't find them.  Seriously!  I watch "Hoarders" and anything is possible.

This makes a lot of sense to me.  She even looked shell-shocked, like she hasn't been out of her house in years.  Hope their family doctor sees this and steps in.

• Love 3

It also explains her rather extreme emotional attachment to the items.  She is a very self contained version of the lady who had a breakdown over her grandmother's dishes.  It's not the items that are important, but the connections she makes with them.  It's why she isn't accepting a new trailer hitch and insisting she has to have the old.

• Love 5
God,I was thinking exactly that. Looking at him and listening to his stupid, ignorant  "dese and dose and dat thing" for 15 minutes had me tearing my hair out. Just thinking about a woman saying, "Darling, I want to spend the rest of my life with you" makes my world tilt on its axis.

I thought the same thing. I was like, how did he meet -- okay, whatever. And it's not like his wife was an unattractive woman, but dang. I don't know. He seems to have the elegance of a homemade paper weight, but maybe he's low-maintenance and tells the truth and says what he means. If you can look past the swearing, the shade, and the prostitution, I'm more or less a catch, too.

• Love 5

I can't imagine wanting a purse that gets spa treatment.

I love purses, but my taste tends to run more to the eclectic/fun side, and as such, I can't bring myself to spend hundreds, let alone thousands, on a purse.  Especially ones where they're just plain, like the ones in that episode.  I have a few "better" purses, but nothing "elite".  I have some Loungefly purses out of the Hello Kitty line (actually looking to pare down, so those will go on eBay), some Esprit purses (love their plaids), some Lily Bloom (love her bright, fun prints - the one I currently have is a map), one LAMB by Gwen Stefani that looks like a child practicing handwriting (love her stuff, but it's too expensive for my blood - got lucky on that one on eBay), and some Betsey Johnson (my favorite).  I think the most I've ever spent on a purse was $80, and I had a hard time doing that.  Thrift stores in better areas can be a treasure trove of decent "better" purses.  I know someone who has a thing for Coach purses, and I'm just not a fan (but if it floats you boat, more power to you).  But I have a hard time dropping serious money on something that could possibly be a fake, and even if it isn't, everyone may think it is (like anything LV).  I take that money and spend it on a nice resort vacation, where I can show off my cute "better" but not "elite" purses.  ;)

• Love 1