Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

I bet she irons underwear! She's just the tight-assed type to do that.

Maybe, but when I wanted to have and do things my way, I moved into my own place. THAT made me grow up. Live with parents, you're always a child even if you're forty.

ETA: (this cracked me up)

Right:

DLe4mGi.jpg

Ahhh, The Beave! I bet granny would have made his sweet, little life hell, too. When granny said that daughter was working and saving money, I immediately thought that daughter worked and her mother was in absolute control of what she earned. Probably told her it was in her best interest to have mommy on her accounts in case of emergency and mommy decides exactly how every penny is spent. Daughter really needs to grow a pair and get the hell out of there if she ever wants to be happy. Watching the old bat and the daughter's reaction (or non reaction) really made me think that she's been told her entire life that she's not good enough and I have a hunch that mommy's constant badgering and interference played a big part in them getting a divorce.

• Love 6

WTH was up with the ex-roommates in the final case of the first new episode? (At least, I think it's new.) That whole story was incredibly hinky, and I am curious about all of the details we didn't hear. 

• Why was the defendant detained for two months by ICE?
  • Why was the mop-topped plaintiff so vindictive? Did his roommates report his alleged drug-dealing to the landlord?
  • Did Mop Top hide a video camera while the defendant was getting it on with his side-chick and then send the video to his main girlfriend?
  • They stuffed 6 or 7 guys into an apartment that cost less than $2000/month -- where are they from?
  • Love 5

I watched this in the air my fellow Fuckerbitches! I did not even know this was possible. (Jet Blue NYC to Ft. Lauderdale). (Not vacation but work training).

I think mop top plaintiff was pissed that all his fellow roomies decided collectively to show their moral disapproval of his dealing by not paying him the money they owed him///convenient.

I bet Judge Judy knew you could watch her live in a plane. How did I fall behind her in any tech?

I watched this in the air my fellow Fuckerbitches! I did not even know this was possible. (Jet Blue NYC to Ft. Lauderdale). (Not vacation but work training).

I think mop top plaintiff was pissed that all his fellow roomies decided collectively to show their moral disapproval of his dealing by not paying him the money they owed him///convenient.

I bet Judge Judy knew you could watch her live in a plane. How did I fall behind her in any tech?

They stuffed 6 or 7 guys into an apartment that cost less than $2000/month -- where are they from?

When my SIL was playing in the minor baseball leagues they had seven or eight guys in a two bedroom apartment. They had lawn chairs and a big screen TV for furniture. My SIL slept on a twin size mattress in a walk in closet. He was lucky he had a private area lol. 

**waves at NYCFree *** enjoy your Jet Blue  and your training in my neck of the woods! It's a tad chilly for us locals but if you're from NYC you're probably coat less. And watch out for the crazy guys on motorcycles driving around as part of the "Bikes up Hands Down" protest - they are all over the roads reeking havoc on MLK day. 

I watched today's episodes  a couple of hours ago and can't remember a thing. Recall a bit about the roommate/ICE business, but it was too boring to pay attention. What has happened to our show?!

I did, however, enjoy the repeat of "She shrank my pants!"  The best part was JJ repeatedly admonishing the boyfriend.  Heh. 

• Love 6

I watched today's episodes  a couple of hours ago and can't remember a thing. Recall a bit about the roommate/ICE business, but it was too boring to pay attention. What has happened to our show?!

I know!  Sleepers, both of the new ones today.  The producers aren't even trying anymore. 

At least JJ got to admonish someone for making a new baby with the wrong guy. 

• Love 3

I know!  Sleepers, both of the new ones today.  The producers aren't even trying anymore. 

Definitely a couple yawners on the new show. I couldn't even remember what they were until I came here.

The defendants on the first rerun case were really something. That woman truly acted like she believed "her sh*t don't stink." It didn't take JJ long to get a read on her, and then JJ started warning the dude to watch out.

Second case not very good.

• Love 2

They never stopped fighting, never got married, she lives with Daddy who doesn't like her boyfriend so she has to sneak off with him to motels (at her age!), off/on for ten years and then she decides the right thing to do is have another baby with him. Morons like these seem to be the only kind of people breeding these days. The future is not looking bright.

Then we had the dreary boy, Craig, who decides to buy a car for that dumb little bitch after knowing her a few days, and he *gasp* didn't tell his mommy. Randi, his momma, never dreamed in her wildest fantasies that her sweet baby boy would lie to her. Her boy was duped! Scammed!  Really, I don't think I've ever heard of an eighteen year old guy who didn't have his license. OTOH, he's not the brightest bulb, is he? The whole gang was uber-boring, as was the 65$ bunch of boy roommates. Ho hum.

• Love 2

The cases were super boring, and, as for the ICE ICE Baby boy banders, super confusing without hearing the backstory.

Would like to add that the baby maker on disability due to her pregnancy from her motel-room lover claimed she was a "nurse." She had an odd speech impairment as well. Like she was trying to get used to new dentures.

Second case - I love that the defendant is still rocking those gigantic, hollow, gold hoop earrings, a la Salt n Pepa. The defendant, Ebony Russell, said that everything was "peachy and cool" when she and her two children first moved in with her man-on-the-side, Mr. Shanks. But things started going sour, and she decided to move back in with her husband, leaving Shanks with no rent and no replacement roommate.

The entire time this case was on I was thinking of the movie "Tin Cup," when the golfer Kevin Costner played seized up and couldn't play right, he kept saying he had  the "Shanks."  

• Love 1

She had an odd speech impairment as well. Like she was trying to get used to new dentures.

We had another one like her awhile ago, didn't we? Someone else whose jaw moved from side to side when she talked and not up and down in the customary manner? Reminds me of a cow on its cud, or maybe a llama.

• Love 2

The cases were super boring, and, as for the ICE ICE Baby boy banders, super confusing without hearing the backstory.

Would like to add that the baby maker on disability due to her pregnancy from her motel-room lover claimed she was a "nurse." She had an odd speech impairment as well. Like she was trying to get used to new dentures.

She had the underbite of a bulldog. She claimed she was a nurse, but also claimed that she never had insurance. I don't know of many nurses who legitimately go through years of college, get their degree, get their licensure, and then accept a job without medical coverage. Then, instead of saying, "I'm on maternity leave," she says she's on disability?  I wish the JJ staff would be more accurate with the job titles of these "nurses" and "teachers." I bet if a legal secretary said he/she was a lawyer, JJ would have a fit. 

• Love 5

She had the underbite of a bulldog. She claimed she was a nurse, but also claimed that she never had insurance. I don't know of many nurses who legitimately go through years of college, get their degree, get their licensure, and then accept a job without medical coverage.

When she first said she had no insurance, I automatically translated "nurse" to "home health aide", despite the fact that she was far, far more intelligent and well-spoken than 99.9% of the home health aides I've had the misfortune of encountering. She then said something about having insurance, but only being entitled to 6 prescriptions a month. I'd think an actual nurse would have better insurance than that (aren't most nurses in unions?) but given the current state of medical insurance in this country, perhaps not. 

• Love 4

When she first said she had no insurance, I automatically translated "nurse" to "home health aide", despite the fact that she was far, far more intelligent and well-spoken than 99.9% of the home health aides I've had the misfortune of encountering. She then said something about having insurance, but only being entitled to 6 prescriptions a month. I'd think an actual nurse would have better insurance than that (aren't most nurses in unions?) but given the current state of medical insurance in this country, perhaps not. 

I don't know any nurses who are in unions, but that might be because of where I live; there aren't a lot of unions here.

My ex is an RN, and her medical insurance was really expensive and really shitty. I work in the insurance industry and have always had decent health insurance. Not to go too far off-topic, but I can't for the life of me figure out why it is that in the US we insist on tying health insurance to employment. It's stupid and is part of what got us into this health insurance mess in the first place.

• Love 7

They never stopped fighting, never got married, she lives with Daddy who doesn't like her boyfriend so she has to sneak off with him to motels (at her age!), off/on for ten years and then she decides the right thing to do is have another baby with him. Morons like these seem to be the only kind of people breeding these days. The future is not looking bright.

B-b-b-but that's 'cause just because he doesn't pay his bills doesn't mean he's not a good father.

• Love 6

I don't know any nurses who are in unions, but that might be because of where I live; there aren't a lot of unions here.

My ex is an RN, and her medical insurance was really expensive and really shitty. I work in the insurance industry and have always had decent health insurance. Not to go too far off-topic, but I can't for the life of me figure out why it is that in the US we insist on tying health insurance to employment. It's stupid and is part of what got us into this health insurance mess in the first place.

Interesting...and sad. Maybe most nurses aren't in unions and I just assumed they are because all the nurses I know work in hospitals and are, indeed, unionized. Total agreement with your second paragraph.

Topic? Home health aides can be eligible for medical coverage as well, if they work through an agency (depending on the agency) so it's possible "he's a good father, he just doesn't pay his bills" plaintiff could be a "nurse" as opposed to a nurse.

• Love 2

B-b-b-but that's 'cause just because he doesn't pay his bills doesn't mean he's not a good father.

Of course! He doesn't pay his bills, gambles away the rent money, won't pay child support and won't marry me but you should see how nicely he plays with the baby. Father of the Year for sure.

• Love 12

Of course! He doesn't pay his bills, gambles away the rent money, won't pay child support and won't marry me but you should see how nicely he plays with the baby. Father of the Year for sure.

Reminds me of the woman who kept having kids with the same guy, despite not seeming to like him very much, because it was important that all of her kids have the same dad......

• Love 5

I don't know of many nurses who legitimately go through years of college, get their degree, get their licensure, and then accept a job without medical coverage.

My daughter is an RN and doesn't get benefits. She is considered a PRN employee even though she works full time. She gets more money per hour by doing so and her benefits are covered under my son-in-law (they have a baby so he has family benefits now). Plus her insurance was super expensive and crappy (isn't it ironic, don cha think?)

Plus there are LPNs which are different than RNs - LVNs do way less than RNs and only require a year of school. Where I live most LPNs work at nursing homes or doctor's offices. 

I knew a lady who knew she was going to divorce her husband but made a second baby with him before she filed for divorce. She wanted both her kids to have the same baby daddy. Yes. . . 

• Love 3

She's on maternity leave and the county is helping her out. The deadbeat hides his salary, his true address by using his grandmother's, and gambles his money away. An RN should be more intelligent than what she showed on this show. The both of them are pathetic.

• Love 5

Early repeat today was a good one.  Idiot mother suing on behalf of her injured special snowflake's injuries, but of course, has no medical bills, no documents, and needs pain and suffering money to go to Disneyland.  Wonder if she ever got the bank account set up.  Then the case of the not-ocean-view, not-one-bedroom Florida condo, where JJ asked the plaintiffs if they had a history of "psychiatric issues" in order to show what a scammer the defendant was. (She of the unfortunate wig and more unfortunate undergarments.)  I was a little nervous when she started grilling the plaintiffs about jobs and job histories and psychiatric illnesses, but in the end, as per usual, her line of questions leads to the right outcome and makes the def. look like an idiot.  I LOVE those cases! 

Not overly excited about today's new eps. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised...

• Love 3

First case: Plaintiff Ms. McNair, who had thumb-sucker's teeth (one of my pet peeves in life), was suing red-bearded Mr. Fish for a car accident. The plaintiff's claim was that she and her fiance were without insurance "for only three days." The defendant said he was given a citation on the day of the accident, but he went to court to fight it, and he was found not guilty with the help of a lawyer. He wasn't entirely convincing, so JJ became suspicious. JJ had to go backstage to see what "prayer for judgement" was in the court system of North Carolina.  Ruh-roh, JJ then found that he was a Smart Alek/Wise Guy....a prayer for judgement means that the person is guilty, but the court considers it to be a small incident, so they don't put it on the person's record. So, the uninsured came out on top in this case.

The second case...I thought both litigants were seated, but the defendant might just be really short. Plaintiff Mr. Murdoch, a self-proclaimed nice guy, was suing a down-and-out ex-ladyfriend, Ms. Bostic, for repayment of a loan. No wonder Ms. Bostic is tight on money -- she buys cherries at full price! Even JJ comments on that foolish purchase. Mr. Murdoch's a lively old dude, and Byrd had to holler at him to sit back down during his testimony. Mr. Murdoch gave some sage advice in his hallterview, "Don't go on national TV and make yourself look stupid."

• Love 3

First case: Plaintiff Ms. McNair, who had thumb-sucker's teeth (one of my pet peeves in life), was suing red-bearded Mr. Fish for a car accident. The plaintiff's claim was that she and her fiance were without insurance "for only three days." The defendant said he was given a citation on the day of the accident, but he went to court to fight it, and he was found not guilty with the help of a lawyer. He wasn't entirely convincing, so JJ became suspicious. JJ had to go backstage to see what "prayer for judgement" was in the court system of North Carolina.  Ruh-roh, JJ then found that he was a Smart Alek/Wise Guy....a prayer for judgement means that the person is guilty, but the court considers it to be a small incident, so they don't put it on the person's record. So, the uninsured came out on top in this case.

I wonder if JJ didn't get her normal pre-trial briefing. Usually it seems she has made her mind before sitting down, based on the statements litigants provide. This case it seemed JJ didn't know what to make of the defendant's "prayer for judgement". Looked like she was ready to rule against the plaintiff, then decided the defendant wasn't being totally honest with his answers. She took a recess to find out what "prayer for judgement" means. Turns out it's a guilty plea which doesn't go on your record. The defendant told JJ that was his plea several times, and it looked lkke he was banking on JJ not taking the time to check to see what it meant.

I wonder if the insurance adjuster who denied the plaintiffs claim knew the defendent was cited, and in effect pled guilty, to causing the accident.

The second case...I thought both litigants were seated, but the defendant might just be really short. Plaintiff Mr. Murdoch, a self-proclaimed nice guy, was suing a down-and-out ex-ladyfriend, Ms. Bostic, for repayment of a loan. No wonder Ms. Bostic is tight on money -- she buys cherries at full price! Even JJ comments on that foolish purchase. Mr. Murdoch's a lively old dude, and Byrd had to holler at him to sit back down during his testimony. Mr. Murdoch gave some sage advice in his hallterview, "Don't go on national TV and make yourself look stupid."

Not sure who was making themselves look stupid. I thought both side were lying. The difference was the plaintiff was more entertaining, and the better liar.
  • Love 1

Plaintiff Ms. McNair, who had thumb-sucker's teeth (one of my pet peeves in life), was suing red-bearded Mr. Fish for a car accident.

Thumb-sucker's teeth! That is just too perfect. Poor Malonda. She owes $9,000 on her Lexus but had no insurance. Just her bad luck that she had planned to go that very day and get some, since for some reason she can't just make a phone call the way the rest of us can. Why would she be without ins. for only three days? If she can pay for it three days after it expires, she could have paid three days earlier, no? (Not that I believed her)  Defendant was a smug, wormy little jerk-off. He kept saying "Prayer for judgement" so fast I couldn't understand what it was until JJ made her Phone Call of Doom.

The second case...I thought both litigants were seated, but the defendant might just be really short. Plaintiff Mr. Murdoch, a self-proclaimed nice guy, was suing a down-and-out ex-ladyfriend, Ms. Bostic, for repayment of a loan.

I thought he was working on his Redd Foxx impressions and she was super slick and evasive. It took asking questions a few different ways to get out of her that she gets paid to look after her own grandchildren (how old was she, anyway? 35?) and lives or lived in free housing. I just bet her daughter lives with her on the sly. She certainly knows all the ins and outs of the system, right down to the fact that a crib must be given to her for the baby. No wonder she can afford $6/lb cherries.

• Love 7

How much did JJ give Mr. Murdoch?  It sounded like he's getting $100 for the crib, and nothing else.  Which makes sense.  JJ's not going to go through those grocery receipts to pull out the baby-related items.

Defendant's quibble about "foster care".  The grandbabies are with grandma and she's being paid.  Isn't that foster care? 

• Love 4

Damn, it's been a minute.

First things first: shout out to my girl teebax. Sorry the nuptials fell through. If you still want to go to Vegas, HMU. We can eat, go and demean strippers for their lifestyle choices and tell them if they want us to make it rain they better dance or else we're just gonna make it partly cloudy, eat, get high, eat, and gamble away all of our savings and talk about the various and sundry people in our lives who aren't shit for real. And eat.

The cases today:

The lady suing the dress maker (whose last name was Taylor lol) and her daughter with two-tons-of-titty. That dress looked like a couch in an elderly widowed woman's house. They should've just gone out and bought a nice dress for her to wear to her prom. Why do a rush order on a tacky ass dress that looks like it needs to be hanging up at the Vatican?

The first case with the whodunit car wreck. First of all, CoolWhipLite, I think it's very mean to say that woman had thumb-suckers teeth. It's possible that she just--who the fuck am I kidding? You're absolutely right. She did look like she sucked the shit out of her thumb as a child. You know who else has that look? Condoleezza Rice. Where's her ass at? You don't see her anywhere talking shit. Hmm, Condi must not want y'all in her business.

But yeah, she straight looked like Jafar when he was trying to get Aladdin to go into that cave. "You've heard of the Golden Rule...whoever has the gold makes the rules" [big grin]. I love how accidents always happen right when you're about to go get insurance. By the way, can you just do that over the phone or online these days? Where do you have to go get insurance? They might need a photo o the VIN, but other than that, you don't have to actually go anywhere to get insurance. And even though Mr. Fish got cited, I still believe his story over theirs. The cop probably figured since he hit the oncoming vehicle, it was still his place to yield to oncoming traffic. He shouldn't have tried to play fast-and-loose with his prayers for Bobby, or plus sized snuggie, or place hand justice, or whatever the fuck it was called, arrangement. JJ had to go back and Wikipedia that shit and you know she doesn't like getting up.

The last case must've been the alternative ending to Set It Off, where Stony doesn't sleep with her landlord for money to help put her brother through college. But yeah, dude was crazy and I could tell he's been in prison. I too thought she was siting down, but apparently she was just under 5' tall. Damn.

JJ needs to go back to being interesting. Without this outlet I'm left taking naps after work.

Edited by 27bored
  • Love 5

First things first: shout out to my girl teebax. Sorry the nuptials fell through. If you still want to go to Vegas, HMU. We can eat, go and demean strippers for their lifestyle choices and tell them if they want us to make it rain they better dance or else we're just gonna make it partly cloudy, eat, get high, eat, and gamble away all of our savings and talk about the various and sundry people in our lives who aren't shit for real.

Should I buy my ticket now? That sounds like a lot more fun than I'm having here.

• Love 3

stewedsquash said:

Teebax, I have just spent about 45 seconds trying to get the water spot off my computer screen. Then I scrolled a little and it was your avatar. If you place your avatar directly above the previously tv logo in the grey area, it looks like a water spot on the computer screen.

Well, damn, stewedsquash...you well know that we all had to test that out!  You're right, BTW, but you must have the cleanest screen in town after all that wiping.  :)

• Love 1

Teebax, I have just spent about 45 seconds trying to get the water spot off my computer screen. Then I scrolled a little and it was your avatar. If you place your avatar directly above the previously tv logo in the grey area, it looks like a water spot on the computer screen.

That's funny. It's actually the Veridian Dynamics logo from my favorite canceled-too-soon show, Better Off Ted. I'm sure it was canceled for some crap that lasted three or four episodes, and I miss it to this day.

First things first: shout out to my girl teebax. Sorry the nuptials fell through. If you still want to go to Vegas, HMU. We can eat, go and demean strippers for their lifestyle choices and tell them if they want us to make it rain they better dance or else we're just gonna make it partly cloudy, eat, get high, eat, and gamble away all of our savings and talk about the various and sundry people in our lives who aren't shit for real. And eat.

Thanks for the kind sentiment. The breakup happened a couple of weeks before Christmas. In fact, I've already started rebounding with someone new, who is helping to make me realize what a huge mistake I avoided. My ex dumped me the day after I lost my job, which is one of vilest things you can do to someone you supposedly love. I could be like a typical JJ litigant and sue her for all the "loans" I gave her when she wasn't working a few years ago, but I decided to take the high road. And I also know that gifts don't suddenly become loans after someone breaks your heart, which is JJ 101. The view is very nice from my high horse!

Did anyone else see the survey they released that said 10% of college grads think Judge Judy is on the Supreme Court? Here's the link, in case you missed it:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/19/politics/judge-judy-supreme-court-poll/

• Love 6

That's funny. It's actually the Veridian Dynamics logo from my favorite canceled-too-soon show, Better Off Ted. I'm sure it was canceled for some crap that lasted three or four episodes, and I miss it to this day.

Thanks for the kind sentiment. The breakup happened a couple of weeks before Christmas. In fact, I've already started rebounding with someone new, who is helping to make me realize what a huge mistake I avoided. My ex dumped me the day after I lost my job, which is one of vilest things you can do to someone you supposedly love. I could be like a typical JJ litigant and sue her for all the "loans" I gave her when she wasn't working a few years ago, but I decided to take the high road. And I also know that gifts don't suddenly become loans after someone breaks your heart, which is JJ 101. The view is very nice from my high horse!

Did anyone else see the survey they released that said 10% of college grads think Judge Judy is on the Supreme Court? Here's the link, in case you missed it:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/19/politics/judge-judy-supreme-court-poll/

Teebax--your ex sound like my first husband who left me while I was in the hospital recovering from surgery!  I finally got the hint hours later when I left the hospital by myself and went to our apartment--which he had cleaned out and scrubbed any trace of him from it!

Sometimes people we love are just shits who hide their real selves from us until the shit hits the fan and they show us their true colors.

Can I join you guys in Vegas?

• Love 5

BTW, is "paying full price for cherries" a euphemism for something?!

Think back to the case where the man was suing his friend, the grandma, for stuff he bought for her grandkid. He passed up a stack of receipts, and JJ reads off one showing baby food and fresh cherries. I don't remember how much they were, but JJ commented on how expensive they were. It didn't matter in the end, JJ threw out the grocery receipts and awarded $100 dollars for the $300 crib he bought. JJ said since grandma had given the it back to him, he should be able to sell it and make up the difference.
  • Love 2

Sometimes people we love are just shits who hide their real selves from us until the shit hits the fan and they show us their true colors.

Can I join you guys in Vegas?

Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt and matching coozie. 

As an official member of the non-drinking middle age ladies club I can be your designated driver in Vegas. . or the wrangler to make sure y'all get back to your rooms after your debauchery and don't crap all over the walls of the hotel room. 

• Love 6

I'm always down for Vegas (not a far drive for me anyway) but I'd have to bring the new chick. As I like to say, the best way to get over one is to get under another! I'll try to resist co-signing for a car, adding her to my phone plan, and moving in five minutes after we've met. I do have some sense, you know.

Dammit, if JJ ISN'T on the Supreme Court, she damn well should be!

I find her "My America" schtick runs a little too conservative for my blood, but it would be nice if the real justice system moved at her pace, that's for sure.

• Love 3

To be fair to all those degreed morons, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who really is on the Supreme Court, stole JJ's lace-collar look.  So it's a semi-honest mistake.  If you're an idiot.

RuthBaderGinsburg.jpg

Congratulations on having dodged a bullet, Teebax.

• Love 6

You seem to be on the right track, tee. But I'm still worried for you because you didn't mention borrowing her money to bail her out of jail. ;-)

FYI, we're expecting a snowstorm in my locale. According to the news, the American, Canadian and European weather forecasting computer models all say that we're in for 1 to 2 feet. Snow will begin snowing friday during the day (messing up evening rush hour of course), continue through the night, all of saturday and end sometime in the wee morning hours of sunday. Which means: they will probably pre-empt JJ so the local station can show taped segments of snow falling, snow accumulating on sidewalks, cars driving through snow, people walking through snow, dogs running through snow, children playing in snow, people shovelling snow, interviewing random people about their thoughts on snow, etc.  Pretty please, include lots of detail about the two cases (ex-felon and bad check writer.)

• Love 3
(edited)

In "Prayer Guilty" or whatever it was defendant was responsible for out-of-pocket damages on a car that didn't have insurance, even if the accident was his fault.  If the idiots weren't breaking the law by driving uninsured the insurance would have paid and he'd be responsible for the deductible, which is fair.  But the whole thing?

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 2

I am loving the Vegas idea!  Sign me up. And teebax can bring whoever floats her boat.   Seriously - wouldn't this be a hoot?! Those of you with real jobs (gasp!) would just have to play hooky for a couple of days.  We won't tell!

Watching the old reruns today. Good heavens, these people are beyond idiots. Guy tells stooopid employee not to borrow the truck, she does anyway, blows it up (I missed - did she even have a drivers' license? She didn't know what the H and C meant on the temp gauge!) but is afraid to fire her. I'd think theft would be legitimate grounds. Me thinks there was something else hinky going on. Her continual excuses of "But I needed it." were mind boggling.  She'd be one to google.

Then the ep where the drugged/stoned girlfriend/not girlfriend owned/didn't own the old car - dumber than a box of hair. On a good day. Followed by the guy who rents a party house with 10 men and hires some girls from a bar to "come over and see the apartment."  And cook breakfast. Bet the married guys had some 'splainin' to do when they got home. 

These people reproduce.  Gad.  Kill me now.

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 3

If the idiots weren't breaking the law by driving uninsured the insurance would have paid and he'd be responsible for the deductible, which is fair.  But the whole thing?

If they had insurance, the insurer would have paid them and recovered it from Like A Prayer driver because he was at fault.  Only in JJ world would he only have to pay their deductible. 

• Love 1

As an official member of the non-drinking middle age ladies club I can be your designated driver in Vegas.

OH, good. I plan on drinking. A lot. I'll try not to hurl any chairs out the window or otherwise trash the room but if I do, can I get one of you to cover the damage on your debit card? I promise I'll pay you back when I win the lawsuit against the bartender who should have known not to give me that last drink, since of course nothing I do will be my fault.

As I like to say, the best way to get over one is to get under another!

I dunno about that, Tee. I always liked to take a little time between - sort of like having sorbet between courses at a fancy dinner to cleanse your palate of the taste of the last course before starting the new one. Hard to really appreciate the new one properly when the taste of the old lingers.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who really is on the Supreme Court, stole JJ's lace-collar look.

Now there's someone who looks as though she'd have the nickname "The Hanging Judge." :-o

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 2

Nah, we need to go for a day of taping, if we can promise to behave ourselves.  No laughing like hyenas, no repeating what the litigants are saying like parrots but in a funny voice, no fist-pumping, no victory dance when litigants are ejected, no blowing kisses to the judge!

• Love 7

Today's first case featured a plaintiff who had her act together and did a good job of presenting information to JJ. (But she may have inflated the price of a truck; I'm not sure.) The defendant spoke like an expired Valley Girl and had a permanent smirk. The plaintiff goes to vehicle auctions. The defendant asked her to find a truck for her to purchase. The plaintiff found a Ford truck, the defendant agreed to purchase it, and then the plaintiff started playing games about the price, etc. The defendant's smugness raised my blood pressure. Other than that, it was a boring case.

The second case featured cousins (or maybe "cousins"). The plaintiff (Janaya), who lives in a rented home in Pottstown, PA, went to Bally's Casino in Atlantic City for the weekend. While she was away, the defendant (I didn't catch his name), who lives in smaller apartment in Philly, drove the hour to his cousin's empty house and threw a party. The plaintiff claimed the defendant and his friends put holes in the walls and ruined the sofa. I became a little suspicious of her story when she fake cried before the ruling. I wonder if she, her kids, her cousins, and her friends made a shithole out of the house...now she wants to move...and she knows the landlord will take her security deposit. So, she and her cuz cooked up this plan in order to get a free trip to CA and enough money to fix the holes and whatever else is trashed.

• Love 3
Teebax--your ex sound like my first husband who left me while I was in the hospital recovering from surgery!

Was his name Newt Gingrich?

As an official member of the non-drinking middle age ladies club I can be your designated driver in Vegas.

Can you move to Pennsylvania...I'd have a job for you every weekend!

Count me in for Vegas ... but it'll have to be in the Spring. Surgery scheduled for Tuesday. :(

FYI, we're expecting a snowstorm in my locale.

Here, too. So, no way we're getting any Judge Judys on Friday or Saturday. The "ZOMG, SNOW!" nellies are gonna be broadcasting 24/7.

rented home in Pottstown,

I guarantee that if it was a rented home in Pottstown, it's likely the place was already a shit hole.

Nah, we need to go for a day of taping,

So here's the plan.  Everybody find a partner, sue in small claims court, and we'll all go and BE on the show.  I'll pick Bratinella, since we are both dog people. Let's see.  Hmmmmm...  We go to the dog park, remove leashes, and BAM!  Lawsuit.  Work for you? We can rock/paper/scissors to see who is Plaintiff and who is Defendant. No need for paperwork!  We'll just take our trip, nice dinner, nice hotel and our ridiculous case can be dismissed.  AngelaHunter and Toaster were there and "seen" the whole thing, right? You can come as witnesses.   I'm packing already.. 

• Love 4

Genius!  And we'll need to fit in, so ladies, pack your wigs and leave your bras at home.  Everybody can put on a temporary neck or face tat.

I just have to say, my work hours aren't compatible with viewing JJ anymore and I can't express how much I appreciate you all keeping me up to speed in your own inimitable hilarious way.  A trip with all you sluts would be a hoot.  Sorry to hear about the break-up, Teebax, but I'm glad you seem to be taking it in your stride.  Onward to better things!  And best wishes for the surgery, Giant.  Take care of yourself.  

• Love 6

If you all go and get on Judge Judy, please remember to dress as if you're going to either a tea party or the beach. And, Judy really appreciates it when you drink the water-after all, they go to the expense of putting it there for everyone to enjoy. Oh, practice your grammar before you go so that you're clear on who borrowed who the money.

• Love 5