Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: The Fairytale Falls Apart

The marriage of Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott is chronicled, as tabloids speculate about the couple's future.

It's a good thing we have Reality TV around to help document important stuff like this!

As embarrassing as it is to admit, I cannot wait to see this show.  Ugh...  It's like a trainwreck, car accident, natural disaster, etc - I can't look away.  I even bought USWeekly for the Tori cover and article this week (the shame)  Am I alone in my fascination? 

• Love 3

I don't understand Didn't anyone close to Tori say to her when she married the man that cheated on his wife her, that she "will lose him the same why that she got him"

No one told her that ?

• Love 5

People are starting to speculate that maybe this whole 'Dean cheated' thing is made up to get interest in  thier new upcoming reality Tv show.

That's been my suspicion since I first read about this new show. They want some cash from a reality show but another show about the two of them and their kids and whatever they do on a daily basis isn't all that interesting. So, this whole storyline has been cooked up for the draahma. Anything for money.

Um.  Ok.  Yeah.  So,....Dean cheated on his first wife, with Tori...and Tori NEVER saw this coming?  Hasn't she been in enough Lifetime Movie of the Week trainer's to see this was not only possible, but probable?

• Love 3

People are starting to speculate that maybe this whole 'Dean cheated' thing is made up to get interest in  thier new upcoming reality Tv show.

Personally I believe it but only because he cheated on his then wife with Tori (and she cheated on her husband).  So he's a known cheater and I wouldn't put it past him to repeat that pattern.

Tori and that damn hair. It was making me crazy. I am trying to grow out my bangs and I hope I am not as bad as her constantly trying to tuck them behind my ear when they are not long enough.

Tori saying how terrible her life is now? Get the fuck outta here. 

Tori telling the pap that her kid was sick and to please don't film it while there was a camera crew in her face was priceless.

Tori driving in to the rehab place saying she hates the paps while she lives in a town where the paps are rampant and puts her life on tv was also priceless.

I loved Liam telling the pap to "get outta here!" when he was going to get his nails did.  I actually love that they seemingly let Liam be who he is and that is a boy that likes his nails painted.  Nothing wrong with that Liam.

So, in this rehab you can have a phone and text to the outside world? 

I, of course, fell asleep when she finally got to rehab with Dean.  He looks terrible.  Not that I ever thought he was attractive, but that long hair and bloated face is not a good look. 

• Love 1

Somewhere, Mary Jo Eustace laughs and laughs. And I am right there with her. 

Not only did Tori and Dean have an affair, but Dean and Mary Jo were in the last stages of an international adoption. Mary Jo adopted alone, ultimately. Dean takes no ownership of that child.

He's a pig, as is she. I do enjoy watching them twist and turn, though. For what it's worth, Dean has apparently slept his way around Toronto's bar scene with a variety of bartenders, etc whilst shooting Chopped Canada, which he hosts badly.

I hate Dr. Phil, but I do like his euphemisms. Tori should have known this one:  If he cheats WITH you, he'll cheat ON you.

• Love 3

Don't you know  that Tori was different. Dean would never cheat on Tori because they were "soul mates" and meant to be together.

Oh, right.  I forgot that she is Hollywood Royalty and, of course, having four kids together just makes the marriage bullet proof.  Having babies TOTALLY fixes everything. 

• Love 1

Oh thanks Birdee! I stupidly assumed Lifetime was like some other cable channels & weirdly possessive of their online content. Tori should've taught me not to assume anything until it's proven. (What, no opening a bar together? No traveling the world?) Fortunately I have my computer set to automatically check those no shame boxes! ;)

Ok I watched. First catty thought: I agreed with the magazine, I thought Tori's skin looked odd too. If this is real, a big if with these people, the therapy moments were uncomfortable. I've done the marriage therapy thing & Tori had the keep your distance, avoid eye contact & talk around issues routine down well, if she truly is hurt & distrustful. Dean looks rough. Like week long bender & woke up in jail in Mexico rough. I imagine I'll keep watching because in that sick, slow down & stare at a wreck fashion, it's interesting.

• Love 2

I imagine I'll keep watching because in that sick, slow down & stare at a wreck fashion, it's interesting.

The exact reason I'll be watching. It makes me feel bad about myself, but not bad enough to not watch.

I re-watched the episode this morning, as I realized that some of it was hazy (most likely due to the amount of wine I had to consume to get thru it the first time).  Anyways.... Upon reflection, she is crying  "poor me with FOUR children and NO help" the entire hour -- yet, she treats them like props throughout.  I cannot remember a single, genuine interaction/conversation with any of her kids during the episode.  Someone upthread mentioned the youngest child crying at the front door while she turned to talk to the camera - completely ignoring little Finn and his tears.  Even in the kitchen later on, when poor Liam was trying to talk to his Daddy and couldn't get thru -- she just kinda looked blank and moved on.  No explanation or apology or even a simple acknowledgment of Liam's despair.  She disgusts me - and I have always had a little sympathy for her for some odd reason.   The entire hour was all.about.Tori.  So very, very sad for those poor children.

As someone else mentioned, if you cannot take care of 4 kids (as if we really don't know how many nannies she has) - DON'T have 4 kids!  Duh...

• Love 1

Now that you point that out, I see it too.  Maybe she doesn't know how to nurture (isn't her mom supposed to be fairly cold as well)?  And she does have kind of a "Xanax" affect.   I was, however, curious as to why she couldn't at least reach over and wipe off Liam's iPad after the baby upchucked on it--I mean, he's only 6 or 7, of course its all about him!  And she spent more energy telling him no than it would have taken to just grab a tissue or hand him one.  I have never read any of her books or seen any of her previous shows--has it ever been made public why her father disinherited her (or if he really did)?

Edited by 4leafclover

I was watching The Talk which I DVR'd from yesterday.  One of the hot topics was Tori's latest show. I guess there's a rumor flying around that Tori made up the entire thing because she needs the money . They listed a couple of things that might make it true.

Here's the link.  I hope it works (it's the first topic)

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_talk/video/

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1

Watched this on Demand. I personally don't see Tori ever leaving Dean , unless a respectable guy comes along. Just IMHO. She shouldn't cry that she has no help. All her friends seem to be there for her. She looks very unhealthy. Could be all that is going on. 

Edited by Piecesofme
  • Love 1

Watched this on Demand. I personally don't see Tori ever leaving Dean , unless a respectable guy comes along. Just IMHO. She shouldn't cry that she has no help. All her friends seem to be there for her. She looks very unhealthy. Could be all that is going on.

All her friends and her nannies and assistant that she is frequently photographed with.

Sadly, my thoughts were also that this could be a publicity stunt too. It's sad that our world is crazy enough for people to lie just to get money.

Tori did seem genuinely sad though. I usually think she is cute and quirky, but she looked to thin and not happy. So maybe it is true. The kids are so sweet. I don't know if she has help or not, but taking care of 4 little ones must be hectic!

I believe it.  Some things might be made up for the show (I had a hard time believing the text Dean sent Tori, for example), but Tori isn't that great of an actress, and she seemed genuinely distraught.  She also has the look of a woman who is at the end of her rope and starving herself. 

And yes, she does have help, it just wasn't featured on the show.  I believe she has a nanny, even without Dean.

I don't think she made it up. I agree with Sarah Gilbert's take on it. I don't necessary agree with her putting it on tv (even though I'm going to watch every second of it) but I get why she chose to do it. While most of us were taught to keep your business, especially family business, private and deal with your issues behind closed doors, Tori was taught to share everything with the world. This is the way she deals with EVERYTHING. Also, considering reality tv is the only way they are keeping the lights on, I'm not surprised she chose to make a show about it. 

Every woman who is involved with someone who was married when they began their relationship or is still married should be forced to watch this. If he does it with you, he'll do it to you  and how you get 'em is how you lose 'em *Southern Grandmama voice*

And yes, she does have help, it just wasn't featured on the show.  I believe she has a nanny, even without Dean.

Didn't she recently post a picture of Patsy, Liam's baby nurse?

• Love 2

One of the women he slept with here in Toronto has been pretty upfront about the whole encounter, in all its icky detail. So I certainly believe it, as the timeline fits (it happened last summer). What I don't believe is that this is the first time he has done it. I think he has an issue with fidelity (obviously) and it has played out many times in this marriage. I think she took this latest indiscretion and ran with it, as it was made public by the bartender, and Dean ultimately admitted to it. I don't believe this affair is the only one, nor do I believe she will leave him. 

On another note, it offends me to no end to endlessly hear about his 'four' kids. Dean and Mary Jo have a teenaged son named Jack, who Mary Jo will not allow around their reality whoring. He has appeared on a few episodes, but lives in Toronto with his mother and sister, the same sister Dean agreed to adopt and abandoned for his Hollywood pig of a wife.

I have no sympathy for anyone in this mix, outside of Mary Jo Eustace, and her children. I understand she is doing well, so I am most pleased on that front. Watching the suffering of two people who allowed their selfishness, immaturity and entitlement to devastate other innocent lives is like watching the mouse eat the elephant. Pass the popcorn!

• Love 3

I read Tori's last book. Tori blows through money like I cannot believe. In the book she details how every time they would get settled in one home she would find another place to live, losing deposits, having to pay off leases and the cost of moving. Dean was also buying motorcycles and whatever tickled his fancy at this time. On one of her shows when she opened an antique store everything she was selling came from storage units filled with stuff she bought just cos.

Both Tori and her brother say they received $800,000.00 inheritance. Tori said she was so far in debt that it didn't cover all her debts when she received it. 

Last night I had a good laugh when she was asking out loud, "What did I do to deserve this? What did I do to make my life so bad?" Her friend was saying "Nothing, Nothing." I don't think that is what Mary Jo and the man she was married to when she met Dean would say!

• Love 2
(edited)

Whew! Found my way here :) Do we start a new thread for each episode? 

Hi to my new friends (I was LLC over there) here & old ones from that other joint...

Edited by BostonBlonde

I was watching The Talk which I DVR'd from yesterday.  One of the hot topics was Tori's latest show. I guess there's a rumor flying around that Tori made up the entire thing because she needs the money . They listed a couple of things that might make it true.

Here's the link.  I hope it works (it's the first topic)

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_talk/video/

I actually had the momentary, "I wonder" if Tori didn't feel like there was enough coverage or sympathy from her pregnancy drama and so cooked this up?

I finally got to see this episode. Lifetime had all three on back to back this afternoon.  I find the scenes with her friends and Dean's therapy sessions boring. The friends  sound like they're reading a script and Dean is a whiner. Her kids (mostly Liam) seem out of control and she obviously can't handle all of  them by herself.

• Love 2
(edited)

Wanderwoman - that link didn't work for me?  The first topic was Brad and Angelina.  Do you know the date of the show where they discussed it?  I would love to see it. Thanks in advance!

Edited by tabloidlover

Tori blows through money like I cannot believe. In the book she details how every time they would get settled in one home she would find another place to live, losing deposits, having to pay off leases and the cost of moving. Dean was also buying motorcycles and whatever tickled his fancy at this time. On one of her shows when she opened an antique store everything she was selling came from storage units filled with stuff she bought just cos.

I popped in here to see if this show was worth watching (and since I finished the Lindsay Lohan reality show on OWN). Sounds worth a peek. But I wanted to mention- Tori's mother is a crazy hoarding nut. She had that mega mansion when Aaron Spelling was alive and she had an entire room filled with porcelain dolls! (even the creepy kind). And I think she had her own reality show (I wanna say "Selling Spelling Mansion" or something similar). So like mother, like daughter. Cos you NEED ALL those porcelain dolls. 

Tori wrote about those creepy dolls in one of her books.  She didn't like them either.  Uh, I mean someone told me it was in her book, I didn't read the book.....no, not at all.......(hangs my head in shame).

• Love 3