Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

That article is so silly. And if she talked at 17? What could her parents do? Not much. Send her to Journey of the Heart? It's not like the could have her committed. They couldn't even hide her away, they are so public. A minor who spilled any beans would actually get more support from social services. Silly article.

• Love 4

The article also reminded me that the Duggars have such a serious failure to launch.  They are at the tipping point for half of their offspring to be legal adults.  Only one has really ventured out of the nest and that was an abysmal failure.  Jill is sort of leaving the nest and that isn't going well beginning with a grifting controversy.  Too bad the Duggars didn't take those Bible fruit lessons more seriously.  I hope at least one of these other Js has a successful life away from the compound.

• Love 16

This is a great post. The Duggar's have six children that are over 21 and not one of them is living a successful life independent of their parents. It says a lot about Jim Bob and Michelle's parenting.

Depends how one defines success. Maybe in his warped mind this is his definition - to have all the offspring still with him. Under his control. Working his businesses.

• Love 11

Depends how one defines success. Maybe in his warped mind this is his definition - to have all the offspring still with him. Under his control. Working his businesses.

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

When most of us look at the family, it looks depressing. Josh aside, there three daughters at home who aren't in school or working; one son at home who is working, but has no social life; one daughter is married and she and her husband have started a career as missionary-grifters; one daughter is married to an unemployed teenager and about to drop a baby; one son isn't in school and appears to be drifting a bit; and one son is in college.

For most parents, this would be a nightmare scenario, but for JB and J'chelle this is the perfect Gothard famiily. Everyone is under JB's headship. only one child is pursuing"pointless" and expensive education; none of the girls is "wasting" her time on education or trying to do anything like get a job that might put off a future "headship," etc., etc.

• Love 12

I have no idea when Famy put this on her DillandDuggs website, but it now contains a bunch of links that open up a tabloid magazines website and performs a search for her name:

29z7rwm.png

It was really considerate of you to include InTouch, Amy. Don't expect to get a second of screen time on the girls show.

• Love 4

That looks like a wild rabbit. The Duggars need to stop accumulating pets that they're just going to get bored with and dump outside when they become an inconvenience.

I think that's Jed holding him. It looks like the Duggar Male Puberty Curse is starting to kick in. Jed is starting to resemble Joseph and JD.

• Love 2

I've noticed the older girls were out for Jessa's bday party and Jenny (I think) and Meredith Plus the older girls are travelling away for more things here and there. We've been seeing more pics of the lost girls with the babies and toddlers. Just sayin'.

• Love 3

I've noticed the older girls were out for Jessa's bday party and Jenny (I think) and Meredith Plus the older girls are travelling away for more things here and there. We've been seeing more pics of the lost girls with the babies and toddlers. Just sayin'.

Sister (Aunt) Moms: The Next Generation

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9

Well, between their crazytown, made-up-by-teen-molester "faith" and a lifetime spent faking every detail of their lives for "reality" tv for the Lord's greater glory, it's pretty clear that none of them has a clue where the line between fact and fiction actually lies. Either in their own enterprises or anyone else's.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5

It appears this may not be a charity per se but a clothing company with a social conscience. I am not at all sure, though.

Yep, definitely a way grayer area than the we-don't-check-nothin-or-report-any-nuances-or-questions Radar story suggests. The dumb Duggars and the dumb online celeb "media" deserve each other. Sometimes others may be caught in the crossfire, though, and that might be the case here.

It seems to me like the person taking the picture thought it was worthy of commemoration, rather than telling the kid to get out of the chair and be grateful she's got 2 working legs.

• Love 11

I'd like to imagine that their doing some "cultural diversity" stuff for homefooling class. Honestly, when I was that age I remember getting in a wheelchair that my grandma had and thinking about what it would be like to have a disability. If it isn't a homeschool/diversity awareness thing though, I think the "looking like an amputee" thing is a little unnecessary, but she's young enough that I'll give her the benefit of the doubt unless I hear otherwise.

• Love 2

"Look at me Jackson, I'm a cripple!"

Seriously though, she is barely ten and ten year olds should get some leeway with this sort of thing.

Duggars and cultural diversity classes? Those 2 things just do not go together.

Food dyed green on St Patrick's Day is about as far as it goes.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 5

I totally get that kids will be kids but they won't learn better unless taught better, so my issue is not so much Johanna, but the person--presumably an adult with access to Internet, who thought to take the pic and then post it.

• Love 12

I totally get that kids will be kids but they won't learn better unless taught better, so my issue is not so much Johanna, but the person--presumably an adult with access to Internet, who thought to take the pic and then post it.

I found it on pickles and hairspray.

Most ten year olds would play in a wheel chair. I don't think Johannah was even making fun of disabled people. She probably thought hey cool a chair with wheels. 

But WHY was this photo worthy much less INTERNET worthy? I would like an explanation from whoever took this. WHY?  The are so deluded. The poor kids have no chance looking at the adults leading them in their lives.

• Love 10

Looks like they're in a thrift store and she found a wheelchair. Making jokes about disabled people is fun when you can no longer pester cats.

I can never think about the cat incident without hearing in my head Joy?, I think?, screaming "Git eeem!! Git eeem!!" and then shrieking with hysterical laughter as if she thought that seeing that cat bashed would be the funniest thing she'd ever see in her life. Kind of spelled out to me that pretty much the entire family probably follow Jim Bob and Michelle down the road of having absolutely no empathy for anyone or anything. I'm sure that someone in that massive brood does have some empathy, by nature, and I wonder what that kid thinks about the incredible coldness I now think pretty much characterizes the whole damn family.

Exactly. Kids do stuff like that, and you can talk about it. But what was this adult or near adult thinking? ... But then Duggars don't ever think, do they.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6

Learning though role playing is how I choose to interpret this photo. nbqbzd.jpg

While is Hannie's sistermom? She has obviously slept on her hair and neglected to brush it out! She looks rather neglected. My own daughter looked rather tangled around that age since she refused my hair help but she didn't care much to do it herself!

I saw a commercial on TV the other night for a thingy you stick in the shower drain and pull it out again and presto, there are tons of hair hanging from it, not clogging your drains..  I immediately thought of all of you and figured we could take over that market targeting fundys.  Can you imagine the clogged drains around there.  They must shower in six inches of backed up water most of the time.  Any takers to make a mint out of this?

• Love 8

Sometimes it's genetics. But yeah, I don't put dental hygiene high on the Duggars' daily routine.

Michelle's teeth, at least recently have been white but JB's are always a lovely dim yellow. So the boys get their yellow teeth from JB and baldness from Michelle. I almost feel sorry for them.

• Love 2

How does a kid that young have such gross yellow teeth? Does he have a two pack a day Marlboro habit we don't know about?

Well, some of us do just have yellow teeth by nature. I do. They've been yellow my whole life. I take after my grandfather, who also had yellow teeth. But, in some cases, the yellow seems to correlate with exceptional strength. Neither he nor I ever had a cavity -- we had the kind of baby teeth that had to be pulled to get out of the way of the main teeth. .Strong teeth, strong roots. I've always been happy to take the yellow because I got the strength too. ... Now whether all yellow-toothed people are so lucky, I don't know. Probably not.

• Love 15