Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

(edited)

KingDillPickle threw a hissy fit on Instagram that he later deleted. I guess they really thought that TLC would foot the bill for their nuptials. Too bad, so sad, Famy. Pay for it yourself like most of us who married in our late 20's/early 30's did!  

In other news, Famy can't resist herself and has formed a YouTube channel with the King. The Duggar Famewhore gene is definitely a dominant trait. LOL

eta: FreeJinger Instagram got a screengrab of Dillon's text (the actual IG picture was the TLC logo):

https://instagram.com/p/5cn3Czg4sW/?taken-by=freejinger

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4

KingDillPickle threw a hissy fit on Instagram that he later deleted. I guess they really thought that TLC would foot the bill for their nuptials. Too bad, so sad, Famy. Pay for it yourself like most of us who married in our late 20's/early 30's did!  

In other news, Famy can't resist herself and has formed a YouTube channel with the King. The Duggar Famewhore gene is definitely a dominant trait. LOL

eta: FreeJinger Instagram got a screengrab of Dillon's text (the actual IG picture was the TLC logo):

https://instagram.com/p/5cn3Czg4sW/?taken-by=freejinger

Oh, geez. It is some kind of virus or something?

• Love 2

I wonder what made him remove it (at least on IG, is it still up on Webstagram)? I hope TLC got tagged in the FJ post, ensuring that Famy will never work for the network again. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm really sad that we will not be experiencing A Very Famy Wedding. The thought of her having a non-parking lot reception and dancing was what I wanted to see. I wanted to also see the look on her cousins' faces when the dance floor starts to heat up.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 8

I'm really sad that we will not be experiencing A Very Famy Wedding. The thought of her having a non-parking lot reception and dancing was what I wanted to see. I wanted to also see the look on her cousins' faces when the dance floor starts to heat up.

As if they'd stay, or even go. Amy kissed before she got married, so there's no point of them attending especially with no TLC cameras following them.

• Love 1

While I did appreciate that he said "Amy's and my", the rest of his rant is a grammar shit show.

He edited that. Look at my link. He says "Amy and myself." As an instructor of all things grammarian, I snorted. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Oh, geez. It is some kind of virus or something?

Ha ha, apparently Amy's man is just as much a greedy, grabby grifter as his new in-laws. He's probably making payments on five different credit cards for that ring and expected a big TLC windfall. Like Derick and Bin before him, his hopes of D-list fame and easy money have been dashed.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 6

A friend of mine found Amy's ring. It comes in just a hair under $4000. Center stone is 1.25 carats and the halo stones total about .35 points, so it's not a huge ass ring. He can afford to pay that off if his business is doing halfway decently.

(edited)

I've been to plenty of traditional Southern Baptist weddings. I'm not sure there would be a band.

Times, they are a-changing...

I AM a Southern Baptist and if they have a reception AT THE CHURCH: No band, no DJ. Reception AWAY from the church (which seems likely, for Amy) - bring on the music!!! I was involved with a wedding not long ago (and the parents of the bride were the "pillars" so to speak - dad is Chairman of Deacons, mom Chair of Personnel Committee). At the rehearsal dinner, they rented a nice covered pavilion by a private lake and featured country music and line dancing. At the reception, there was a DJ and (horrors!) dancing. It was great fun! And quite common now (in metro Atlanta, anyway). The Baptists still got no rhythm, but at least we're moving!!!

ETA: I forgot to note that the actual ceremony was in church and was exceptionally traditional - to the point the guests actually sang a couple of hymns during. This was a FABULOUSLY and meticulously planned event, probably the most beautiful wedding I've ever been part of. But music has been accepted, if grudgingly. I'd bet money Amy has at least a DJ. (Maybe she'll record the music herself! Or not.)

Edited by Happyfatchick
  • Love 3

He edited that. Look at my link. He says "Amy and myself." As an instructor of all things grammarian, I snorted.

His first statement is "Amy's and my wedding," which is grammatically correct. Few people get that right. 

The "Amy and myself" makes me want to stick pencils in my eyes.

• Love 7

I do like how he suggests people can voice their opinion to the Network. The leghumpers couldn't get them to keep the main Duggars on TLC, why would he think he and Amy have a big enough rabid, network hassling fanbase to make a difference.

• Love 6

It's a free country, and badgering TLC does seem to work. Amy never subscribed to the Duggars whacko beliefs, and I doubt she was aware of the history of Josh's "busy hands".

I don't think there's really any substantial ethical argument against her having a show, or one off special, if TLC wanted to do that.

I won't be watching though, I didn't watch her special episodes either.

• Love 2

It's a free country, and badgering TLC does seem to work. Amy never subscribed to the Duggars whacko beliefs, and I doubt she was aware of the history of Josh's "busy hands".

I don't think there's really any substantial ethical argument against her having a show, or one off special, if TLC wanted to do that.

I won't be watching though, I didn't watch her special episodes either.

I agree, however I think TLC's position is that anything associated with the Duggars is going to generate a shitstorm of bad publicity and it's just not worth their time. In addition, it would be hard to film around the family at the wedding. I think the logistics are just too complicated and it's not like Amy was ever that big of a draw in the first place.

• Love 4

A recent picture:

2m860q9.jpg

Look to the far left, on the sofa...WTF is going on there??? That is definitely a girl....I see pink...I would've said Josie, but she's accounted for. Quite the pose. Those "dresses" are really long tops with leggings. (Thank goodness.)

Jackson is attention-getting, as usual....both in the boots /  coat get-up and the goofy face.

• Love 1

The kid in the middle, is that Jackson? He's dressed like Dr. Po (whatever his name is, the vet in Alaska). Or just came back in from milking. And what is HE wearing? I swear, it looks like shorts over jeans. Can't be, I know, but what IS that? And do we have to post such an odd picture? Only the kids who aren't Duggars actually look like they followed the instructions to "look at the camera and say cheese!" Can we crop the butt out at least?

I'm about ready to send a donation box of clothing to Josie. Bless her weird little heart, I've never seen a pic of her in decent clothes except for Jill's wedding. That dress needs to be hidden forever.

I agree, however I think TLC's position is that anything associated with the Duggars is going to generate a shitstorm of bad publicity and it's just not worth their time. In addition, it would be hard to film around the family at the wedding. I think the logistics are just too complicated and it's not like Amy was ever that big of a draw in the first place.

Also, it seems clear that Jim Bob is saying show with me at the helm as usual or nothing.  Somebody should tell him he is at Casey Anthony levels now.

Michelle also made it very clear at the end of the Fox interview with her voice dripping with venom how she feels.

With each stupid video they make , including mute Josh America hates them more and more.

• Love 3

I don't know that an Amy Duggar wedding would really be all that much different from her cousin's, honestly. The trend in that family seems to be to invite as many people as humanly possible (Jill invited 3,000, really?) and to do it as cheaply as possible, and to not even feed their guests. Maybe Amy should grab her Dillon and head down to the local courthouse ASAP before he changes his mind. Her track record with boyfriends hasn't been very good, I don't think any of them hung around longer than 6 months.

• Love 4
(edited)

I don't know that an Amy Duggar wedding would really be all that much different from her cousin's, honestly. The trend in that family seems to be to invite as many people as humanly possible (Jill invited 3,000, really?) and to do it as cheaply as possible, and to not even feed their guests. Maybe Amy should grab her Dillon and head down to the local courthouse ASAP before he changes his mind. Her track record with boyfriends hasn't been very good, I don't think any of them hung around longer than 6 months.

We could've seen something like this from Famy: 2h6hdgj.jpg

(Source: babycenter Duggar forum)

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 1

An Amy wedding would have just been an excuse to show all the other weddings and have the Duggar children talk about courtship rules vs Amy rules and everyone kissing NOW and taunting poor Marjorie and Josiah.

The ten minutes of typical Baptist wedding and cake and punch.

• Love 4

The kid in the middle, is that Jackson? He's dressed like Dr. Po (whatever his name is, the vet in Alaska). Or just came back in from milking. And what is HE wearing? I swear, it looks like shorts over jeans. Can't be, I know, but what IS that? And do we have to post such an odd picture? Only the kids who aren't Duggars actually look like they followed the instructions to "look at the camera and say cheese!" Can we crop the butt out at least?

I'm about ready to send a donation box of clothing to Josie. Bless her weird little heart, I've never seen a pic of her in decent clothes except for Jill's wedding. That dress needs to be hidden forever.

I think Josie was "gods" way of telling Michelle,enough is enough.

• Love 4

I would have liked to have seen the bridesmaid dresses she would have selected if she had the TLC wedding budget. Certainly the dresses would have been better than the fashion abortions Jessa and Jill picked out.

On the upside, we don't have to sit through the moment of the wedding episode where Amy signs a special song to her groom. Praise Jesus.

• Love 4

I think Amy, like Jessa, would have had a wedding all about Amy. Jill at least tried to spend something on decorations and while the things like root beer floats were kind of ugh, at least there was some variety of sweets served so everyone had a choice a which cheap sweet you wanted.

I doubt Amy's bridesmaids would have fared much better. Except for shoes. Amy and the bridesmaids almost certainly would have had nicer shoes. But you know, the horse that pulled the carriage at Jessa's wedding had nicer shoes....

Jana should jump on Michelle's bed until Michelle gives her the anniversary mother's ring.  After all Jana earned it raising all of those kids.  

When they were all in the small house and ONLY had 14 kids Jana said that one of her jobs was to clean her parent's bedroom.  I can imagine how those conversations went:  And Jana please don't forget to throw away all of the used pregnancy tests and whatever you do don't throw away my fertility chart.  Always pick up your father's underwear on the floor and check the sheets for wet spots to see it they need changing.  And remember Jana be modest at all times and lock your door. 

• Love 10

Jana should jump on Michelle's bed until Michelle gives her the anniversary mother's ring.  After all Jana earned it raising all of those kids.  

When they were all in the small house and ONLY had 14 kids Jana said that one of her jobs was to clean her parent's bedroom.  I can imagine how those conversations went:  And Jana please don't forget to throw away all of the used pregnancy tests and whatever you do don't throw away my fertility chart.  Always pick up your father's underwear on the floor and check the sheets for wet spots to see it they need changing.  And remember Jana be modest at all times and lock your door. 

Eew...EwEwEeewwww!

• Love 6

C'mon now. We all know that women's only truly valuable contribution to family life is giving birth. What kids require after that is a mere nothing. A child could do it.

• Love 9

James at the same event.

zlekoi.jpg

Group shot of attending Duggars:

552p84.jpg

And theres no chance of this happening:

3128l03.jpg

Duggars meet "The Right Stuff." And "The Right Stuff" laughs its head off. I feel sorry for those kids, since they've had less than zero encouragement or help to muster the right stuff. But at some point it does depend on your realizing that you do have a backbone of your own -- and the missing muscle -- and using them to help yourself. Here's hoping that the astronaut dream, or some dream, is percolating in some Duggar's head. ....

It's all very well to go to air shows and act as if you love planes, but nobody's going to do anything besides hobby fly unless they fight for it.

To fly for an airline or FedEx or whatever these days, you almost have to be ex-military, given the amount of competition from ex-military pilots. And JB doesn't seem inclined to allow anyone to join up. ....

They might aim at being private pilots for corporations or something, but even there they have to qualify as pilots for multi-engine planes. I'd like to think that John David is working on that, but I don't really see how, since it seems they own only single-engine planes, and is Jim Bob really willing to pony up for the additional training and flight hours in somebody else's plane that this would take? I have my doubts. Especially since he must at least vaguely realize that "pilot" is an undesirable career for a Duggar since noone who flies as a profession has any control over their own schedules.

I hope John David has been able to get instrument rated, at least. Would hate to think that he's not only confined to being a hobby/slave pilot for JB but is also strictly limited as to where he can fly at night. Perpetual childhood is depressing.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm just glad to see them doing something normal. I didn't know if they would do anything now that TL C isn't planning it and paying for it. It's good for those kids to get out of that house. They don't go to school, they don't go out and play with kids around the neighborhood, they aren't in any sports or other outside activities. I can't stand watching those poor kids sit around the house all the time. It's very unhealthy.

Good point.

I do think that doing some of these things -- such as looking at airplanes -- may give some of them desires that (Jim Bob believes) cannot be righteously fulfilled, though, such as working for an evil corporation or getting an education. And I hope there's a way out of that problem for some of them, too.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
(edited)

The apple sure doesn't fall far from the tree. They're practically begging for gifts and money. Amy and her fiancé both were counting on TLC to film their wedding to get freebies and discounts and TLC cash. What a money grubbing bunch. No class. Amy knows how well Jill & Jessa made out.

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 9

The apple sure doesn't fall far from the tree. They're practically begging for gifts and money. Amy and her fiancé both were counting on TLC to film their wedding to get freebies and discounts and TLC cash. What a money grubbing bunch. No class. Amy knows how well Jill & Jessa made out.

What I would love to know is how the family interpreted the many gifts. Did they think they were from adoring fans? Did they laugh and think "what fools"? Did they think they converted that many folks? 

It amazes me that they did not donate any of the gifts or ask their fans to donate to a charity in lieu of a gift for them.

Many moons ago Cindy Crawford was on one of the morning shows and she shared how she returned a duplicate baby gift and bought herself an expensive belt.

• Love 3

Who's going to take one for the team and send Famy a card? God, what a famewhore. 

https://instagram.com/p/5hnf2RNkHF/?taken-by=amyduggar

Wow. Full of herself much?

No wonder she's calling herself Duggar. She and Jim Bob are two peas in a pod. Imagine the overwhelming joy of someone who gets to own a "handwritten letter" from this idiot. And all for the low low price of sending her a card or "and etc."

Her "followers"? I suppose this is the way the Ds talk about the leghumpers. They truly do think they've got their own little (or big...) cults going on.

• Love 2

Passed by those air show photos again, on the way to Fake Country Singer's virtual wedding.

The oblivious blissful looks on the young boys' faces (each of whom looks at least three years younger than he is, in my opinion) as they enjoy sitting in experimental aircraft and watching hotshot pilots while wearing their aviator sunglasses. And they don't have a clue that this world is actually a million miles out of their reach, largely thanks to Fathead Daddy. Well, enjoy the pleasant memories, kids, when you're supporting your as-many-as-god-gives-me kidlets by working in a carwash.

• Love 5

It is clear from Amy's not so subtle plea for gifts and money that grandma Duggar and Deanna are grifters just like Jim Bob. If they had any class, they would have shut Amy down.

Now I understand that Amy is probably as emotionally immature as her Duggar cousins. It is going to be hard for her to see everything that Jill and Jessa received and not be jealous. But come on! Did the Duggars really believe that every wedding/baby was going to result in tens of thousands of dollars in gifts?

This whole family needs to go away for a very long time.

• Love 10

It is clear from Amy's not so subtle plea for gifts and money that grandma Duggar and Deanna are grifters just like Jim Bob. If they had any class, they would have shut Amy down.

Now I understand that Amy is probably as emotionally immature as her Duggar cousins. It is going to be hard for her to see everything that Jill and Jessa received and not be jealous. But come on! Did the Duggars really believe that every wedding/baby was going to result in tens of thousands of dollars in gifts?

This whole family needs to go away for a very long time.

I saw a talking head at some point this spring (just before things broke) in which Josiah and some howler were saying that, yeah, daddy is in real estate, so he can probably give each of his kids a house. They were sort of kidding, maybe. But not really. .....

They've all developed strange expectations and they've developed them quickly, I would bet. ... It's kind of like a flash movie on what happens to people when they turn into the 1 percent and what the young heirs of the 1 percent are like, I'm thinking. You lose a grip on reality awfully quickly, especially when you're a kid, and isolated and uneducated, with no backlog of real-world information to test your new world against.

• Love 7
(edited)

Dear Famy.

When looking for gifts you forgot the first thing about getting said free gifts, you need to mention where you are registered , than say no gifts please! Grifting 101.

Love,

Kelly Bates

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 15

Since Amy will write a personal thank you note for cards and etc. [sic], I feel the urge to send her a card but no etc. The girl will have to do some work for just a piece of paper. Of course, my name and address will probably end up in a database that she and her Dill will try to sell to pay for their honeymoon. 

• Love 8

Wow. Full of herself much?

Imagine the overwhelming joy of someone who gets to own a "handwritten letter" from this idiot. And all for the low low price of sending her a card or "and etc."

And by handwritten letter she means handwritten letter...that Jana writes. Amy is far too famous to be bothered with the scut work, dontcha know.

• Love 8

I think I will send them the Book of Mormon or a package of those seasoned noodles that come in a packet for a dollar. My daughter and I call them toxic noodles.

On second thought, no book because I do not want to come in contact with Elder Price.  Hello ! Hello !

• Love 3