Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Did Derrick include the countries he flew over on the way home as those he "led" his summer mission team through? Color me confused. 

I'm truly sorry I keep expecting these doofuses to make actual sense. I should know better.

You're in good company. I think most of us keep expecting the same thing.

• Love 1

I apologize for my ipad's autocorrect. These two dolts make me ragetype with a vengeance.

o much for Derek's math skillz... He should probably subtract all of the weeks he was safe and sound in America during those vacations..  Is he just so used to KJB and crew believing every single thing he says?

Jesus Christ, his in-laws went with them to the beach practically the minute they stepped off the plane. DANGER EVRYWHERE indeed.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

I apologize for my ipad's autocorrect. These two dolts make me ragetype with a vengeance.

Jesus Christ, his in-laws went with them to the beach practically the minute they stepped off the plane. DANGER EVRYWHERE indeed.

Well yea there was danger- roving bands of toddlers throwing sand, SHARKS (somewhere), skin cancer (cuz you know they aren't using sunscreen), ZIKA, danger everyfreakingwhere!

Edited by Chicklet
My fingers are faster than my brain
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, Broken Ox said:

They don't have money because they haven't asked for it. So they ask for money, and idiots send it.

Your guess is as good as mine, but it seems they had their hands out all the time.  They were blasted on the interwebz more than once for begging.  

1 hour ago, toodles said:

Your guess is as good as mine, but it seems they had their hands out all the time.  They were blasted on the interwebz more than once for begging.  

They pride themselves on not accepting government assistance, but grifting isn't really a moral high ground, either.

I think Derelict enjoys the bohemian way of living as a way to see the world. For example, countless countries all over the world welcome ESL teachers, most of them do so in exchange for a room and a small stipend. Perfect for those taking an extended vacation to immerse themselves in local culture. Some countries like Japan and Korea pay very well or did do so at one time.

I think missioncationing seemed an easy choice for Derick, since many 22 year olds (when he met Jill) do this wandering thing. Not sure he was ready to associate marriage and a baby with the end of his wanderlust and working a Big Boy job. I think he found being chained to a desk very restrictive after being free range for so long. Small wonder his big boy job at Walmart didn't last long.

One of the engineers I once worked with was a sweet kid.  Homeschooled (except for his time at A&M) sheltered, and used to working the family landscape business...poor kid just couldn't stay at his desk..and was often found wandering the wooded perimeter.  Our employer had to let him go because he just couldn't adjust to corporate life. He was about to get married, but he didn't seem bothered about it because he told me he was happier working out of doors with his big family of 10 kids.  I suspected he was quiverful.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, toodles said:

Oh I meant that more as a general life philosophy, not a suddenly-right-now thing.  

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

I'm confused. They're safely back in America (which I knew) but he just led a mission group through 3 countries? Can someone translate for me?

This was in July. SOS had three separate missioncations that month, the last one ending around 8/3.

7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

This was in July. SOS had three separate missioncations that month, the last one ending around 8/3.

So can we assume the 3 countries were Honduras,  Guatemala and El Salvador?

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

It's amazing to me that people can book a three-countries-in-a=couple-weeks trip (complete with beach and Pizza Hut visits, no doubt) and somehow lie themselves into thinking that they've performed a damn mission. Idiots. Hypocrites. And I'm not even talking about the Dill/Duggs. It's the whole damn gang of fools who book these things and undoubtedly come back harping about how they did it all for Jesus. Makes me ill.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
22 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

He knows he's got his work cut out for him ..much like socializing a skittish and fearful dog who grew up in a puppy mill.  

Some here may remember the hilarious bit by Chris Rock about wives attempting to introduce their husbands to their friends' husbands so they can have a bit of time to chat with their girlfriends -- "Honey. This is Cliff (or whatever). He likes baseball!" Imagine Triple D attempting to introduce Jilly Muffin to women in his former church, the wives of guys he went to school with, people he grew up with, etcetera. She can't discuss current events, celebrity gossip, she doesn't read, she doesn't leave the house without at least one other person. She wouldn't go out for a glass of wine. She's not into girly stuff like getting a makeover. She doesn't meet up with friends at the mall for some chit-chat about anything but husband and babies. Of course she's not into a little shopping, unless it's a time limit at Hobby Lobby. There is no chance for him to get a break, and there is no chance for her to see that it might be nice to be friends with anyone else but her immediate family. After all, she might start watching TV and reading, and that's unacceptable. Imagine how uncomfortable every encounter with another wife and mother on the "mission field" was. JM has nothing else to talk about besides the Bible and Jesus. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

It's amazing to me that people can book a three-countries-in-a=couple-weeks trip (complete with beach and Pizza Hut visits, no doubt) and somehow lie themselves into thinking that they've performed a damn mission. Idiots. Hypocrites. And I'm not even talking about the Dill/Duggs. It's the whole damn gang of fools who book these things and undoubtedly come back harping about how they did it all for Jesus. Makes me ill.

To be fair, I think only one of them spans two countries (Honduras and Guatemala...or El Salvador, whichever one the Dullards aren't located in), and the other two trips are strictly around SOS Central and are and are known for their interpretive dance. Silly me, I don't really care enough to remember whether the Dullards are in El Salvador or Guatemala. Oops. 

• Love 3
On 8/26/2016 at 1:51 PM, lulu69 said:

Sounds about right for Jilly. Except, she'd go to 10cm, try to do a VBAC at home, wait another 10hrs, THEN show up at the hospital.

Jim Boob  would be right behind her trying to negotiate a discount because, after all, Jilly did all the hard work at home. Jana will be observing everything so she can be an expert and do the next VBAC at home and save the difference.

Just send Derelict to WalMart to buy a plunger for eight bucks. VBAC is a DIY home project with God's blessing and the right equipment. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Just send Derelict to WalMart to buy a plunger for eight bucks. VBAC is a DIY home project with God's blessing and the right equipment. 

With large salad tongs for back-up.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Ha, ha. But we're getting into the $15 range now. Of course, midwife-muffin Jilly can use this stuff on Jessa too and save the difference. 

That's probably about the extent of Jilly Muffin's actual education. Maybe lacking the plunger is where Jessa's cadre of "expert" midwives went wrong. 

• Love 1
On 8/27/2016 at 5:54 PM, OpieTaylor said:

"Ministry Summer Update" from the Dullards:  http://www.dillardfamily.com/2016/8/minstry-summer-update . Below is the text.

"...Our village and school outreach involved connecting with the people through drama presentations, Bible verse memorization exercises, teaching songs, personal life testimony, English lessons, and Gospel presentations from the Bible. (1) One young man was particularly impacted by a skit portraying the bondage of sin as a chair in which someone gets stuck after being told not to touch.  After the presentation the boy approached some team members and asked the question, “What sin was it that caused the person to become stuck in the chair?”  These team members were then able to proceed to share the Gospel with the boy, who then believed and gave his life to Jesus Christ.  This is just one example of how God is working in this area through the faithful service of our short-term mission teams from the U.S. 

(2) We were also able to further engage in humanitarian efforts to assist the people physically, including home construction, provision of basic needs such as groceries, and investment into the economic development that has already been initiated in an impoverished region suffering from lack of opportunity. 

(3) A big “thank you” again to each of our financial and prayer partners.  We know that we have not because we ask not.  And it is evident to us that many people have been interceding before the throne of God on our behalf, asking for safety and opportunity for God to be glorified through my family and our ministry.  Please know also that we will be praying for each of you, and that we do take seriously the prayer needs that are made aware to us.

In the name of Jesus Christ, The Dillards (Derick, Jill, & Israel)                  

Please continue to pray:

God would work in the hearts of those in whom the seed of the Gospel has been planted, that He would cause it to take root and grow.

Courage and protection for all the indigenous (4) believers of Central America.

That entire post is word compost. Seriously. Stabby. Feeling stabby in the morning. Not good. Must address points:

1. So apparently Cisco's kinky RU display wasn't just for the sex addicts. I bet Derick had some sweet interpretive dance moves to add to that show. Thank goodness that the one, single boy who had the balls to ask "wtf did I just see" did so, because it seems the missionaries had previously been unable to share the gospel with the boy. Idiotically-worded idiocy makes me see fire.

2. Joanarc already covered this well, with the one gross oversight of JEWELRY CRAFTING ("investment into economic development")

3.  Keep the cash coming. We totally aren't asking for it, being humble servants of the Lord and shit, but isn't it wonderful how it keeps coming anyway. So keep sending it. To us who don't ask for it. In Christ's name. Of course.

4. Fuck and you.

• Love 19

"One young man was particularly impacted by a skit portraying the bondage of sin as a chair in which someone gets stuck after being told not to touch."

This may be the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

'After the presentation the boy approached some team members and asked the question, “What sin was it that caused the person to become stuck in the chair?” '

The sin of having Super Glue in your pocket?

• Love 14

These are the kinds of pictures I enjoy seeing Jill post.  A clean and happy Izzy who looks really cute.  And, there's a clean bed with clean sheets and white bedding.  

No doubt it's an Internet FU to show us that they "do too" when it comes to having a made bed with a full set of clean sheets and coverings. Still, I'm happy to see it as long as that's goes on when they're not posting.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

These are the kinds of pictures I enjoy seeing Jill post.  A clean and happy Izzy who looks really cute.  And, there's a clean bed with clean sheets and white bedding.  

No doubt it's an Internet FU to show us that they "do too" when it comes to having a made bed with a full set of clean sheets and coverings. Still, I'm happy to see it as long as that's goes on when they're not posting.

I think they're traveling. Pretty sure its a hotel room.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree. Or, it could be at a relative's house. They posted a photo of visiting Derick's family.

But I think it's more likely a hotel. Hampton Inns use those white sheets and white duvet covers. I've driven 4000 miles on road trips, and stayed in at least 4 Hampton Inns, this month. Which is how I know. :-)

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Malvina said:

4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Marriott uses those duvet covers as well.  I see way too many of them in my business travels.   And we all know the banana would have come from the courtesy breakfast buffet.

*for some reason, I wasn't able to quote Jeeves as well..  I guess Hampton uses them also.   We all know damn well none of the Duggars would have white bedding EVER. 

Edited by tabloidlover
typo
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

"One young man was particularly impacted by a skit portraying the bondage of sin as a chair in which someone gets stuck after being told not to touch."

'After the presentation the boy approached some team members and asked the question, “What sin was it that caused the person to become stuck in the chair?” '

"Well, Timmy, in seven states if you partake of very, very bad sins there literally is a chair that you can't get out of.  Ever"

Edited by Lemur
  • Love 7
35 minutes ago, Marigold said:

You know, I was watching the new Counting On episode with my 14 year old daughter and she said something so interesting...

It was the segment where Jill&Derick were talking about how dangerous it is for Jill & Izzy to be out and there is violence, kidnappings etc...so she feels safer at home. 

My daughter says "Do you think Jill is triggered by all that considering she was molested?  Maybe that is why she is extra scared like that"

I never connected those dots before.  Maybe that is why the girls are always so fearful of...everything.  Interesting analysis by my teen.  

Could be.  But yet she seems completely at ease around her own molester, so go figure.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Lemur said:

Could be.  But yet she seems completely at ease around her own molester, so go figure.

Of course, she's been forced to do this. Because it's the way God wants it. (see the clearly-designed-to-warp-the-heck-out-of-people Gothard "worksheets" on child molestation that Homeschoolers Anonymous recently commented on, for example.     https://homeschoolersanonymous.org/2016/08/09/gothard-explains-why-god-allows-child-molestation-part-i/     ) So maybe some kind of transference isn't out of the question? 

On the other hand, I believe that people who are attracted to these cults are generally very fearful, anxious, everyone-outside-my-own-tribe-is-ebil, control-freaky types so a lot of that has certainly come down to the kids from JB and M, both by nature and by nurture.

• Love 7

No doubt, irreversible harm was done to the four sisters and those other girls by Joshie's behavior.  Being fearful even years later would not be abnormal at all, particularly since we're all pretty convinced that these poor girls got no real therapy.

i don't think they will ever feel comfortable with Josh around but they've all been made to "get along" and they were forced to keep this secret for over a decade before the wounds were reopened by it all coming out and being common knowledge.  If they say "they're over it", then it's not really our place to imply otherwise. That said, given the way Duggars have historically handled things and those insidious Gothard beliefs , none of us can truly believe that any of these girls are really 100% ok.  

• Love 4
On 8/27/2016 at 6:54 PM, OpieTaylor said:

"Ministry Summer Update" from the Dullards:  http://www.dillardfamily.com/2016/8/minstry-summer-update . Below is the text.

"After finishing our first term in Central America with a sprint, my family and I have made it back safe and sound to American soil after being gone 12 of the past 13 months.  For the month of July and into August, I have had the privilege of working with an amazing group of people in leading our summer mission team in many aspects of ministry through 3 different countries. 

Overall, the focus of our summer mission team is nothing new, but rather to practice the example given to us by the earliest Christian missionaries in the book of Acts.  Whatever we did was ultimately for the purpose of proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ, that people may be freed from the bondage of sin in order to enjoy life eternal with their Creator and Lord.  We faced many challenges, but sought comfort in knowing that it is by the power of the Holy Spirit that we go and work (Acts 1:8).  My prayer through the course of the month, as well as the charge I shared often with our team, was that we want to be discerning as to where God is working and then seek to be used by Him.

We began by having youth conferences to reach out to those in the rural areas, which are plagued by violence and political instability as well as socioeconomic challenges.  These areas are truly hotspots for at-risk youth; youth who, if not shown the love of Christ, will only add to the dangerous cycle that surrounds them.  Many young children especially boys get mixed up with the wrong influences, father children out of wedlock, and are then killed or arrested, leaving their children to face the same dismal reality of a fatherless home.

These youth conferences were used as focused times of teaching and discovery from the Bible of what it means to “Know God”.  Different team members led each session over a two-day period.  Between larger sessions, we had games and small group discussions.  Some were distracted and uninterested, but still others hung on to every word spoken and asked thought provoking questions about their own lives and how God relates to them.         

Our village and school outreach involved connecting with the people through drama presentations, Bible verse memorization exercises, teaching songs, personal life testimony, English lessons, and Gospel presentations from the Bible.  One young man was particularly impacted by a skit portraying the bondage of sin as a chair in which someone gets stuck after being told not to touch.  After the presentation the boy approached some team members and asked the question, “What sin was it that caused the person to become stuck in the chair?”  These team members were then able to proceed to share the Gospel with the boy, who then believed and gave his life to Jesus Christ.  This is just one example of how God is working in this area through the faithful service of our short-term mission teams from the U.S. 

We were also able to further engage in humanitarian efforts to assist the people physically, including home construction, provision of basic needs such as groceries, and investment into the economic development that has already been initiated in an impoverished region suffering from lack of opportunity. 

A big “thank you” again to each of our financial and prayer partners.  We know that we have not because we ask not.  And it is evident to us that many people have been interceding before the throne of God on our behalf, asking for safety and opportunity for God to be glorified through my family and our ministry.  Please know also that we will be praying for each of you, and that we do take seriously the prayer needs that are made aware to us.

In the name of Jesus Christ, The Dillards (Derick, Jill, & Israel)                  

Please continue to pray:

God would work in the hearts of those in whom the seed of the Gospel has been planted, that He would cause it to take root and grow.

Courage and protection for all the indigenous believers of Central America.

For strong marriages and families

Wisdom and discretion for my family and myself as we seek to follow the Lord, wherever that may be, in a rapidly changing and difficult world."

The sin of Blanket Training caused him to get stuck in the chair because he was afraid to leave it.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Lemur said:

Yes, but, remember, he didn't mean to do it, he was just taken over by the devil. All those other people out there? They're the bad guys.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

And of course, all of this was explained by Derrick in Spanish, right?

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Marigold said:

You know, I was watching the new Counting On episode with my 14 year old daughter and she said something so interesting...

It was the segment where Jill&Derick were talking about how dangerous it is for Jill & Izzy to be out and there is violence, kidnappings etc...so she feels safer at home. 

My daughter says "Do you think Jill is triggered by all that considering she was molested?  Maybe that is why she is extra scared like that"

I never connected those dots before.  Maybe that is why the girls are always so fearful of...everything.  Interesting analysis by my teen.  

Marigold, your 14 year-old is one smart cookie.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Malvina said:

That's really a pretty cute picture and quite nicely done. Decent lighting, no observable filth. Sometimes the bar is pretty low. Still nice.

I'm not sure there is a headboard. Looks like tile-sized squares but who would...

• Love 3
1 hour ago, NewDigs said:

That's really a pretty cute picture and quite nicely done. Decent lighting, no observable filth. Sometimes the bar is pretty low. Still nice.

I'm not sure there is a headboard. Looks like tile-sized squares but who would...

True, but every time I see one of their kids on a blanket I  think they're not allowed to leave and will get hit if they do, so ruins the pic for me.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DoctorWhovian said:

Yes, but, remember, he didn't mean to do it, he was just taken over by the devil. All those other people out there? They're the bad guys.

Yeah, but you see, he can't blame his infallible parents for warping his sexual development ... So, this makes the devil a convenient and acceptable scapegoat...

• Love 2

Good point, but even the male and female non-molested Duggars share that fear. Jim Bob and Michelle saw to that.

• Love 1