Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

So the Dullards are given another going away party, this one in a fancy venue with balloons and fundies in long skirts and fundies lites in jeans? And being taped for their VSE? Does this mean they are really, really going to be long term missionaries now and actually stay "overseas"? They confirmed that they have moved out of McMansion. Where are all the wedding gifts? Stacked in JB's warehouse? Or in the next door pool house?

• Love 2

I see that TLC was there, so they're getting THIS sendoff filmed for posterity's sake, dammit! 

eta: Jill will be back in less than a month, anyway, to attend Jessa's birth. These people are a total joke. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4

Who has the eagle eyes to read that banner? Not me.

What banner? I kid. Too small for me and not willing to fire up the desktop.

If I did that I might be compelled to really watch The Prancerciser again. I was close to hypnotized. Please tell me that was some kind of performance art. Or ironic.

At one point I thought I was watching SNL. And I still haven't seen the John Mayer one.

Oh my.

Back to the not-so-much party, I hate balloons. Scourge of the environment. Hope they didn't release them.

Half of the people in that ballroom are children. Are we supposed to believe that they opened their piggybanks for Dillard Family Ministries? 

Don't worry, when it's shot a certain way on TV it'll look like a room full of dozens of adoring fans.

How was this thing NOT immodest and prideful?

Edit: and where was this, I don't know what kid of building that is.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 4

Look closely- I think those are fake balloons  ( three mini plastic balloons in a vase of some sort?)

Don't you kids make me get out the desktop!

I looked as closely as I could for just that reason and I think they are individually stringed balloons. I could easily be wrong. Ack.

That venue, gosh, it looks almost like a convention center or theater complex type place.

Say it isn't so!

• Love 1

Half of the people in that ballroom are children. Are we supposed to believe that they opened their piggybanks for Dillard Family Ministries? 

Don't know. But I do know that I want to reach through my computer screen, shake them by the shoulders, and scream, What is the matter with you people?!!

Next "The Haunting of :The DUGGARS".

That would make my Halloween complete.

How dare you call baby Binessa the Haunting he/she a photo op errr I mean

B L E S S I N G.......

Edited by Fuzzysox

I think the "ghost" Jordan is because that's a panoramic shot where you take several pictures that are "stitched" together. If someone moves, it can look like that. I have a weird one with my husband's head in weird place, too.

• Love 7

I think the "ghost" Jordan is because that's a panoramic shot where you take several pictures that are "stitched" together. If someone moves, it can look like that. I have a weird one with my husband's head in weird place, too.

Oh fine, ruin my dream. I'll get over it. I need a Halloween Miracle, been a rough few weeks.

• Love 5

So the Dullards are given another going away party, this one in a fancy venue with balloons and fundies in long skirts and fundies lites in jeans? And being taped for their VSE? Does this mean they are really, really going to be long term missionaries now and actually stay "overseas"? They confirmed that they have moved out of McMansion. Where are all the wedding gifts? Stacked in JB's warehouse? Or in the next door pool house?

Don't you guys find it really strange that the Dillards had a fancy going away party at a venue but they couldn't do that for their WEDDING!?!?!??!! Boggles my mind. Thank God for Famy! Girl knows how to throw a wedding.

• Love 12

A going away party for what? They've been back and forth like six times since they started their missioncation.

It looks like TLC had a tough time dragging in hapless bystanders to play party guests. There's barely three people at each table and the majority of the attendees are children. Maybe the local leghumpers have finally become hip to the game and are turning away from this trainwreck of a family.

• Love 7

Don't you guys find it really strange that the Dillards had a fancy going away party at a venue but they couldn't do that for their WEDDING!?!?!??!!

Well they don't need the fancy venue for the wedding, silly. By the time the wedding rolls around, the fundraising has already been done through the store registries! Why would you ever waste money renting a nice venue for an event where there's no money to be raised? Geesh!

• Love 8

Dear Donors - your money for our mission is going to purpose to throw us parties and constant plane tickets back and forth for more going away parties. Sorry you couldn't be here but here's a picture. 

• Love 13

oh, no, no,no...unless you are kidding. It all started in a convo about Venessa the "midwife" Jill was assisting/shadowing, until she lost her "credentials." Then she became a Zumba instructor, and someone wondered what fundie Zumba would look like and someone posted the Prancercize video. Yes, I have too much time on my hands today, but we're on our 3rd sraight day of rain and I've got cabin fever, glued to the iPad & bad TV....

Thanks I didn't watch the show so a lot of times I'm just pricing things together from other posts. Prancercize on....

• Love 2

F3w80Eh.png

B8K8h2L.jpg

The top shot looks like a room with normal 90 degree angles, while the bottom shot looks like they purposely widened their shot to make the room look bigger. The corners in the room are flattened out.

Suspicious. Much like their fundraising, not fraud by any means, but a misrepresentation of the truth.

Edited by TaxNerd
  • Love 3

Don't you guys find it really strange that the Dillards had a fancy going away party at a venue but they couldn't do that for their WEDDING!?!?!??!! Boggles my mind. Thank God for Famy! Girl knows how to throw a wedding.

Not sure how fancy it was - I didn't see any food!

• Love 2

The top shot looks like a room with normal 90 degree angles, while the bottom shot looks like they purposely widened their shot to make the room look bigger. The corners in the room are flattened out.

It's obviously an iphone panorama. It's not pure evil. The worse thing about that shot is the lack of donors attending.

• Love 3

FWIW, that didn't scream fancy venue to me.. It said community center common room or food court.

The Duggars are backyard, barefoot kind of people so any time you see an indoor venue with tables that is fancy!

• Love 7

What has me confused is in the bottom right. It isn't a mirror, but I'm seeing two Jordyns or something. Help!

I think it's a panorama shot. My son in law does them all the time and they come out either very cool or very funny. .depends of anyone is moving.

Edit:Sorry I'm late to the party with this answer. That's what i get for missing a day! Ha

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 3

I'm 90% sure that it's one of Cross Church's venue spaces. 

ETA: Here is a photo gallery from one of their men's conferences. Image 26 of 34 looks like the same space. 

http://crosschurch.com/media/photo-galleries/mens-conference-2013/11/

Thanks! I knew someone would find it. Oh Cross Church, you can't quit the Duggars, even if they prefer to attend the Chruch of the Holy Warehouse. This seems like the kind of thing they should've hosted in their living room

I do believe the Duggars' reputation has lost a lot of its shine. Not nearly as many people lining up for a chance to associate with them in public, as before Joshgate and the subsequent media attention.

But a spinoff show will get great ratings. Right? Right?

• Love 1

This conversation about clinical hours purposed made me to think back thirty years to the fact that i required just under 2000 hours of practical in order to cut and colour your hair in my previous incarnation as hairdresser.

Dr Jill Duggar at your cervix...comedy Gold! That would be an awesome user name :)

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 18

Not sure how fancy it was - I didn't see any food!

I'm sure they handed out vouchers at the door, good for one slice of prepackaged American cheese, one Ritz cracker and a 2 oz. cup of lemonade. After all, these are donors we're talking about! The Duggars surely pulled out all the stops!

• Love 7

I'm sure they handed out vouchers at the door, good for one slice of prepackaged American cheese, one Ritz cracker and a 2 oz. cup of lemonade. After all, these are donors we're talking about! The Duggars surely pulled out all the stops!

One slice of cheese per family.   Cheese is expensive, y'all.

• Love 8

Women can't go to college. So silly.

We do actually know that Jill took no classes at Crown College, right? I think I've followed details well enough to know there wasn't a time period in which Jill was away at college. 

• Love 6

We do actually know that Jill took no classes at Crown College, right? I think I've followed details well enough to know there wasn't a time period in which Jill was away at college.

Jill never attended Clown College or any other B&M school. She may have done some testing out of requirements via College Minus, but we don't know if her online college in Texas accepted those credits.

• Love 1