Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I saw the photo of Jill's "Bible class" that was mentioned above. Jill was holding the same paperback book as the rest of the class, and as noted she had what looked like a three ring binder on her lap. I doubt she's leading the class. That notebook looks like the kind a high school student would carry - it's big and zips up and is AFAIK is intended to contain all the papers and such that a kid would need to carry around during the school day. It seemed to me that she was just being all serious about this "class" and probably using the binder as a place to take notes. Also, as a writing surface since the women were sitting around on chairs without tables and you'd need something on your lap to write on, unless you just took notes in the book. The few other women in the photo seemed to just be holding their books. 

I really think Jill is being encouraged by Derick to improve her education and life skills, and she's probably all diligent about taking notes and being a student. The "research paper" is apparently for her Bible class, whether it's the one we saw in the photo or another one. 

If Jilly wants to play student with a big zipper binder and diligent note taking and writing papers? It's all good to me. I'm out of f*cks to give about her housekeeping. But IMO her showing the messy room in a selfie, when it would take about a minute to move some of the mess and frame a shot that doesn't show it, is out of laziness or ignorance or tone-deafness to PR. Probably the tone-deafness, which is too bad given how much of their income probably comes from TLC and People and generally being a Famous Christian.

• Love 4

Just for the record, I am very disorganized.  I have stuff here and there that I swear I'm going to take care of any minute.  Add in 5 kids and homeschooling and working.  What do you think my house looks like? So, I totally get the "lived in" look. 

Jill,  Selfie 101: Move crap out of the background OR crop the crap!   

I just recently discovered the "edit" feature on my phone and I'm cropping the shit out of my pictures! Literally!  Problem solved. 

• Love 13

I wholeheartedly believe their time in  Danger America is coming to a close.  The Dillards have made themselves quite at home in the "guest house" and it's been redecorated for them.  So why not extend their stay a few more years?  I don't think that Jinjer's wedding will mark the end of their "visit" home.  If they do go back, it will be to pack up their air mattresses, myriad Tupperware bowls and "gifted" air conditioners and high tail it home.  

They have already said several times that they want to try for another baby this year.  Well it's October...the year is nearly out.  And unless they want to take risky chances and possibly add a Zika baby to the family (with little access to the medical care the poor baby would need), they will need to make and bake the baby here in the States.  So add another 10+ months to their "visit".  

Why not just say you are coming home for the immediate future to work on local mission projects?  That sounds a lot more credible than saying you are home for a visit and will take classes and study while here.  And there are many MANY places here in the US that are in dire need.  Some as badly off as Danger America.  The Appalachia region springs immediately to mind.  There are some areas where there is no running water or electricity. And people survive hand-to-mouth. Barely.  

• Love 10

I'll be interesting if some of the wedding gifts start showing up in the pool house, won't it? How many comforter "bed in a bag" sets did Jilly Muffin ask for? The 48 sets of white towels are probably still at the TTH.

3 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

I wholeheartedly believe their time in  Danger America is coming to a close.  The Dillards have made themselves quite at home in the "guest house" and it's been redecorated for them.  So why not extend their stay a few more years?  I don't think that Jinjer's wedding will mark the end of their "visit" home.  If they do go back, it will be to pack up their air mattresses, myriad Tupperware bowls and "gifted" air conditioners and high tail it home.  

One can imagine there might be someone on-site that would be able to pack those items up for shipping. It's also a tax deduction to "gift" the air conditioners to SOS.

One more thing: Their power was unreliable, was it not? How useful were the air conditioners in the first place?

10 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

I'll be interesting if some of the wedding gifts start showing up in the pool house, won't it? How many comforter "bed in a bag" sets did Jilly Muffin ask for? The 48 sets of white towels are probably still at the TTH.

One can imagine there might be someone on-site that would be able to pack those items up for shipping. It's also a tax deduction to "gift" the air conditioners to SOS.

One more thing: Their power was unreliable, was it not? How useful were the air conditioners in the first place?

Gifted or grifted? The line here is very blurry.

• Love 6

Well, to be fair, we don't know how many towel sets they actually received, but to ASK for eleventy gazillion sets is definitely a blatant attenpt at GRIFTING. If they only received two towel sets, then I'd put that in the "gift" category, since they received what is reasonable for a two person household. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, to be fair, we don't know how many towel sets they actually received, but to ASK for eleventy gazillion sets is definitely a blatant attenpt at GRIFTING. If they only received two towel sets, then I'd put that in the "gift" category, since they received what is reasonable for a two person household. 

The registries featured an actual number purchased for each item when they were up. I believe they received almost everything on their registry. Jessa Blessa didn't make as much of a haul (no kayak for Bin!) but hers was priced at over $30K of items.

Jilly Muffin was either restocking the TTH or giving the towel sets to Vanessa for use at the midwifery clinic, IMHO.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

The registries featured an actual number purchased for each item when they were up. I believe they received almost everything on their registry. Jessa Blessa didn't make as much of a haul (no kayak for Bin!) but hers was priced at over $30K of items.

Jilly Muffin was either restocking the TTH or giving the towel sets to Vanessa for use at the midwifery clinic, IMHO.

I kinda figured there were never enough clean towels at the TTH and Jill couldn't make the leap that less people need less towels.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Missy Vixen said:

I never bothered to look up the final tallies for any of the registries. I can see Jill and Derick getting more stuff since they were first. No one knew of Smuggar's engagement in real time because the show was in its first season and just starting to air scenes shot around Mother's Day around the real time of the Smuggar nuptials. 

If they got all those towels and bedding that they wanted, then yes, total grift. They weren't working in Danger America at the time, so they can't even use "donating extras to the Unfortunate People of Guatemala" as an excuse. 

As for Ben and his kayak, cry me a river, dude. You can't always get what you grift for.

• Love 2

Marigold sez:  

Just for the record, I am very disorganized.  I have stuff here and there that I swear I'm going to take care of any minute.  Add in 5 kids and homeschooling and working.  What do you think my house looks like? So, I totally get the "lived in" look. 

I just recently discovered the "edit" feature on my phone and I'm cropping the shit out of my pictures! Literally!  Problem solved. 

But see you have 4 additional reasons why it has a lived in look.  You also teach them and work.  She has 1 child, a passel of people with nothing to do all gd day at her disposal and her space STILL looks like that.  Again, sloth IS a deadly sin correct?  

• Love 6

My kids are grown, I'm only on FB, no other social media but here, and I've seen enough pics to know I want to hide any messes, and any not so good looking body parts. And the very few pics I do post are seen by a limited few. Just saying.

• Love 3

Well, now that Muffy's "research" paper has been turned in, and it appears Derick has no subbing jobs on the horizon (I maintain that TLC was there to film that), they've taken yet another vacation. I guess this rules out Jinger getting married this weekend. I'm still in for the 15th. :D

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

He looks very happy. I wonder how much he weighs though. I seem to recall 30lbs as being max for a pack and play. Maybe there's different models with higher limits?

The last I recall, Jill posted that he was around 32 inches and 28 lbs (something very close to those stats). But that was a few months ago. He's certainly over 30 lbs. now that he's back in the States and being exposed to the Duggar Diet several days a week. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

If I just got back from a place with intermittent water and power, the first thing I'd do when I got back would be to go camping. Camping in my brand new tent, like @JoanArc said.

But if I were plunked back down with my clingy wife in the middle of her toxic family, I would hightail it for the woods every chance I got. Especially if my wife's parents were as unlikely to join a camp-out as Boob the AquaNet king and his wife Xanaxia the Starbucks queen probably are.

Well played, Mr. Dillard.

• Love 21

You're probably right. That would also go along with my theory that the Big Wedding is NEXT weekend. Jill is certainly a bridesmaid and wouldn't be off in the woods two days before the Big Day. 

• Love 1

But wouldn't she be at home, getting  involved in the final prep before the big day?  Her toenails need painting!  Speaking of...anyone ready to bet that she goes barefoot or wears sandals/flip flops to the wedding?  I think she would have to.  Otherwise I see her walk down the aisle being reminiscent of that scene in The Birdcage where Agador is dressed as the butler and trips on his shoes...

Edited by Lady Edith
51 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

But wouldn't she be at home, getting  involved in the final prep before the big day?  Her toenails need painting!  Speaking of...anyone ready to bet that she goes barefoot or wears sandals/flip flops to the wedding?  I think she would have to.  Otherwise I see her walk down the aisle being reminiscent of that scene in The Birdcage where Agador is dressed as the butler and trips on his shoes...

Compleeeeeetly off-topic, but I have a Papillon dog which is admittedly VERY wimpy and neurotic, and was disqualified from the show-ring for having an undescended testicle to boot... His name is Pippin, but my son, early on, nicknamed him Agador Spartacus, and it has come annoyingly close to sticking!

• Love 3

Jill as Agador Spartacus FTW! Down to the trip when she enters the "dining" room. Jilly Muffin does not strike me as the most graceful girl. Then again, with no training in dance, gymnastics, or even fucking etiquette (aside from that lame Valentine's Day dinner with the courting couples and BoobChelle), they don't have the slightest clue how to walk in anything other than flip flops, flats, or, Joy's fave, bare feet. 

6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I never bothered to look up the final tallies for any of the registries. I can see Jill and Derick getting more stuff since they were first. No one knew of Smuggar's engagement in real time because the show was in its first season and just starting to air scenes shot around Mother's Day around the real time of the Smuggar nuptials. 

If they got all those towels and bedding that they wanted, then yes, total grift. They weren't working in Danger America at the time, so they can't even use "donating extras to the Unfortunate People of Guatemala" as an excuse. 

As for Ben and his kayak, cry me a river, dude. You can't always get what you grift for.

My mind went straight to the Stones, You Can't Always Get What You Want

• Love 5
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

He looks very happy. I wonder how much he weighs though. I seem to recall 30lbs as being max for a pack and play. Maybe there's different models with higher limits?

So when do the Duggars follow the rules?  Remember they had the Lost Girls squeezed in Pack & Plays in the girl's dorm for what seemed like years ( til Boob finally opened his wallet & bought them real beds at the thrift store.) I'm hoping Izzy has a real crib to stretch out in at home.  The Dullards should get friendlier with Chad Payne.  He made a very cute toddler bed for Bradley.  

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Marigold sez:  

But see you have 4 additional reasons why it has a lived in look.  You also teach them and work.  She has 1 child, a passel of people with nothing to do all gd day at her disposal and her space STILL looks like that.  Again, sloth IS a deadly sin correct?  

Bolding mine - I am a pretty disorganized person these last few years with a very stressful job that requires a ridiculous number of hours, so my house looks quite messy as well.  The difference is that I'm NOT HERE 12 hours a day every day.   I just cannot feel badly for her as she has NO JOB, only one child to take care of and is home ALL THE TIME.   Cry me a fuckin river!   When my son was that small, my house was always picked up and clean simply because he was a TODDLER.  smdh

• Love 11
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I can't get the instagram photo open at work, but it might just be that they don't have anything else appropriate for him while camping, and he's still too little to sleep in a bed comfortably. It's hard when you have a biiiiiiig kid, because they tend to outpace the weight limits on items before they're really ready to move on to the next level. We had to move our son out of his infant carrier at under 6 months because he was getting too big for it; we had the regular carseat all set for him, but we were so jealous of people who kept their kiddos in the carrier for almost a year. 

Our kiddo also outgrew the pack n play quickly, though not as quickly as Izzy apparently has, and we had him sleeping between us at that age when we traveled. Now he's old enough to have a folding cot that we use, but at 2 he was still too little to be trusted to not roll out and hurt himself. 

Though given how clingy Jill is, I am surprised she doesn't have Izzy cosleep with them. 

• Love 3

The caption on the IG camping pic says "Dillard Family" campout. This could mean just the three of them, or that they are with some of Derick's family. 

Or, there could be some Duggars there, but Derick is bravely flying the flag for his own little family. From everything he's done, I see Derick as not settling down without a fight, into a position as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Duggar Enterprises.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but here are some things he's done that make me think he's not Jim Bob's b*tch:

• Working as an accountant for Wal-mart
  • Taking Jill and Izzy and heading out to CA after all hell broke loose with Joshgate(s)
  • Working, even for a day, as a substitute public high school teacher
  • Taking Jill and Izzy on trips to visit his family
  • Encouraging Jill to take Bible classes and helping her with her paper
  • Having dinner with Jill and Izzy at their own home, and listening to Dave Ramsey podcasts while they do

It seems he did end up using Boob's contacts to set up their Central America jobs - the head of SOS has long been tight with Boob. But I see that as a lesser of two evils choice. After he realized his new bride wouldn't make the cut for his hoped-for life as a real Southern Baptist missionary, he wanted to get her, and himself, outta Dodge after Joshgate blew things up. So he scrambled and did what he could to make it happen. It's my opinion that he hadn't planned to make that kind of move for another year or more (he had a job, he was recovering from that serious surgery, etc.), but he did what he did, when he did, to save his wife's sanity and his own. He's young and IMO kinda dorky, but I give him credit for trying to be a good husband and (I hope he doesn't think in these terms very much) headship for his little family.

• Love 21
12 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I would buy that argument more if Derrick insisted on paying for and renting their own apartment, instead of living rent-free in one of Boob's houses.

That's a good point. But that might be a fight he's not ready or willing to pick. And maybe that's why Boob saw to it that the Dillards got the use of a really nice house. So that Derick - if he did refuse that house - would look like a selfish prideful guy who would keep his wife and child in a cramped apartment, instead of living in a nice roomy house where his wife could easily visit with her much-loved family.

I'm hoping Derick's playing a long game here. He has an education, and what seems to be strong family ties even if they are vastly outnumbered by the Duggar loinfruit, and a lot more real world experience than Bin. I don't think he wants to morph into a Duggar and I don't think he wants his kid to be a Duggar. He's been OK with taking the TLC money and hasn't yanked Jill out of her only known world (even SOS Ministries is something she knew as a missioncationer). Maybe he'll eventually sink without a trace into the mass of quicksand surrounding the TTH and life as a Boob minion. Or maybe he'll finesse a way to move Jill away, but IMO that's going to be hyooge. I really think Boob and MEchelle raised those kids to believe they are all going to live on the Duggar compound and be a "tribe," with their husbands and wives and kids. It's not a normal young couple situation, where sweet young Muffy will miss her old neighborhood when her nice young husband comes along and they move somewhere else for his job, but it won't be a big deal and she'll get over it as life goes on. 

There's almost nothing normal about the Duggars. 

Hmm. Maybe someday that tell all book will come from Derick.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 8
27 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

That's a good point. But that might be a fight he's not ready or willing to pick. And maybe that's why Boob saw to it that the Dillards got the use of a really nice house. So that Derick - if he did refuse that house - would look like a selfish prideful guy who would keep his wife and child in a cramped apartment, instead of living in a nice roomy house where his wife could easily visit with her much-loved family.

I'm hoping Derick's playing a long game here. He has an education, and what seems to be strong family ties even if they are vastly outnumbered by the Duggar loinfruit, and a lot more real world experience than Bin. I don't think he wants to morph into a Duggar and I don't think he wants his kid to be a Duggar. He's been OK with taking the TLC money and hasn't yanked Jill out of her only known world (even SOS Ministries is something she knew as a missioncationer). Maybe he'll eventually sink without a trace into the mass of quicksand surrounding the TTH and life as a Boob minion. Or maybe he'll finesse a way to move Jill away, but IMO that's going to be hyooge. I really think Boob and MEchelle raised those kids to believe they are all going to live on the Duggar compound and be a "tribe," with their husbands and wives and kids. It's not a normal young couple situation, where sweet young Muffy will miss her old neighborhood when her nice young husband comes along and they move somewhere else for his job, but it won't be a big deal and she'll get over it as life goes on. 

God I hope you are right! And honestly Derrick is clearly into finances and math...maybe hes just using Boob for the rent free accommodations so he can squirrel away some cash and make a run for it.  

• Love 8
On 10/6/2016 at 8:59 AM, Lady Edith said:

They have already said several times that they want to try for another baby this year.  Well it's October...the year is nearly out.  And unless they want to take risky chances and possibly add a Zika baby to the family (with little access to the medical care the poor baby would need), they will need to make and bake the baby here in the States.  So add another 10+ months to their "visit".  

Why not just say you are coming home for the immediate future to work on local mission projects?  That sounds a lot more credible than saying you are home for a visit and will take classes and study while here. 

Yep. And it's also occurred to me that Derick may be up for a second surgery soon. I assume that would happen where he had the first procedure, which is I think in Arkansas. I suppose the recovery won't be a snap and he wouldn't be in a condition to head out to CA right after.

IMO it's either typical Duggar bullshit that the Dillards are Really Truly Christian Missionaries in Danger! America, just home for a visit, or it's Derick's wishful thinking since that was his gig, not Jim Bob's, and if he gives it up he's just another Ben hanging out at the TTH.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Saytura said:

If living rent-free in a JB property is the only way to see any of the TLC money that was rightfully mine before marriage, I'd do it in a heartbeat.  It's technically not rent-free.  Jill just pre-paid the rent years ago.

One could argue that JB also owes each kid a college education pre-paid years ago with tlc money. Fat chance ever collecting on that.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

My mind went straight to the Stones, You Can't Always Get What You Want

The intention. We are a defrauded group who has been exposed to Mick and his chicaneries. LOL

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The intention. We are a defrauded group who has been exposed to Mick and his chicaneries. LOL

I have a limited edition photo of Mick...I guess I'm super defrauded. But since this is the Jillard topic, it just makes me so mad that they are completely devoid of any knowledge of popular culture, other than its baaaaaaaaaaaad.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Jeeves, you're onto something.  "There's almost nothing normal about the Duggars" would be a great title for said book.

• Love 4
On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 11:34 AM, Jeeves said:

Yep. And it's also occurred to me that Derick may be up for a second surgery soon. I assume that would happen where he had the first procedure, which is I think in Arkansas. I suppose the recovery won't be a snap and he wouldn't be in a condition to head out to CA right after.

I think Derick should find a "big city doctor" if he needs a second surgery.  Do we know where he got his first surgery? Hopefully it wasn't a fundy friend of Jim Boob.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, ariel said:

I think Derick should find a "big city doctor" if he needs a second surgery.  Do we know where he got his first surgery? Hopefully it wasn't a fundy friend of Jim Boob.

Someone on this forum had a similar procedure and regaled us with enough detail to leave no doubt in our minds as to how unpleasant this surgery is. It sounds painful all around. After what he went thru the first time, I imagine he's in no hurry to do it again. I'd personally be dreading it, since I would know what I'd be in for. This poster also told us that it looks worse before it looks better.

How are they paying for this procedure? They must be using their TLC money.  I just hope he has a competent doctor to do this.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

How are they paying for this procedure? They must be using their TLC money.  I just hope he has a competent doctor to do this.

A GED from SOTDRT, a few hours of shadowing an unlicensed lay practitioner, a certificate printed on a home computer, and a graduation party should do the trick. After all, jaw realignment is a perfectly natural event, so why waste money on doctors and hospitals?

• Love 3

Jill strikes me as very fake and insincere and arrogant.  'Better than others'.  I think she has a lot of jealousy  toward people who did not grow up in very large families and escaped having to be sister-moms their entire childhoods.  I think she thinks they are spoiled and she enjoys her FU social media moments.   I have a feeling Joy-Anna is going down the same path.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Jill doesn't realize that she has no real world skills. True. 

She thinks everyone is like her. Disagree. As a missionary, she thinks she has a big secret that the Great Unwashed needs to hear to be as righteous and overall wonderfully magnanimous as she. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Malvina said:

Those shoes look ridiculous with that dress! Or is it a skirt, tunic and modesty shirt rolled into one outfit. Yikes. Happy Cathy is better but wish she could help Jilly Muffin dress better.

• Love 6