Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Keep enjoying that man-bun, Der. Once you're in Daddy Waron Christmasbucks fiefdom, it isthe first part of your personality to go. 

To me it looks like he got the regulation Duggar haircut already....I do hope it's slicked down and there is a man bun still there. He looks much less scruffy...but still, I don't see how Muffy can give that scrub room in her bed. Speaking as a woman, I just could never be available for that. I'm not that superficial about looks, and I'm sure he's nice and kind and decent, but ewwwwwwwwww!

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm looking at it on my laptop. It's slicked back, for sure. 

I called the regulation Duggar semi-crew cut when we first saw the manbun/bandana look a couple of weeks ago! HA!

I know...either you're that good or the Duggars are that predictable....

• Love 1

I'm sure eating the salad out of the toy was supposed to be funny but it really looks like they are crazy or high on something.  Could be both. 

Ok, so...will Dirty Derick be cutting the hair when he returns to Arkansas or not? 

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

These poor missionaries don't even have access to bowls or even lettuce for a salad. The horror. I'm going  to donate right away. 

When I saw that picture, my first thought was WHAT in the ever loving fuck was THAT?

Looks like they are too lazy to bother to wash dishes...oh wait, don't they use disposables?  We sometimes reuse food containers, but we sure as hell wouldn't post ourselves on Instagram doing that. It boggles the mind.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

These poor missionaries don't even have access to bowls or even lettuce for a salad. The horror. I'm going  to donate right away. 

Oh, they have plenty of bowls.  Remember they were all spread out on the counters (& not in the cabinets) on previous photos.  

27 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

When I saw that picture, my first thought was WHAT in the ever loving fuck was THAT?

Looks like they are too lazy to bother to wash dishes...oh wait, don't they use disposables?  We sometimes reuse food containers, but we sure as hell wouldn't post ourselves on Instagram doing that. It boggles the mind.

I'm still confused.  At first I thought they were showing us food that Izzy had hoarded away, like kids do.(even tho Izzy is young to be doing that) But then Jill looking like she's eating out of the container.  Maybe this is how they pack  a picnic On the Mission Field.™ in CA.

• Love 3
(edited)

Jill says they "forgot" to bring a bowl for an event in which they apparently planned to serve food to the "sweet" people of Danger America. But they remembered Izzy's blocks?

#priorities

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, jcbrown said:

You don't think you can just spray Josie with water to get her off the counter? I guess you'd have to give a sh*t to do that and clearly the Duggars don't.

That would def work!  But something tells me that the river of grime that would come off her would REALLY gross me out.  Not where FOOD is prepared!

15 hours ago, louannems said:

Holy crap

WTH am I looking at???

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Seattle, by any chance? Nude bicyclists is the Solstice Parade!

i use a squirt gun to get my most stubborn cat off the counters. The Dugs may wish to try that with their kids. 

Santa Barbara!  Last time I went there were sights that just did NOT need to be seen.  It is a pretty fun parade but jeezus, lots of NIKE moments!

My cats respond well USUALLY to the shake of the squirt bottle but sometimes I have to tell them I am getting dad.  They really need to realize I am the real boss of the house.  One day!  If all else fails, the doorbell gets a prompt response.

• Love 1

This looks like the cucumber salad I make frequently in the summer...sliced cucumbers, vinegar, oil, garlic, dill, salt, pepper...very pickle-like.  But it must be made a few hours in advance (preferably a day in advance) so that the flavors meld.  This isn't something you slice and mix on the spot.  So it seems as if Jilly missed the boat entirely.

My question is this...were they feeding the sweet people of Danger Anerica so far away from home that they couldn't drive home to get a bowl?  Plastics like this are generally not food safe.  

• Love 2

Can't fault them for the Face time.  Right now my 8 year old grandson is on Face time with me chatting while we both are on our respective computers.  It does help keep a connection from a distance.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, poopchute said:

Last time I made fun of this moron for not knowing how to make her own last name plural, someone said that was probably an autocorrect issue.  Is this also autocorrect?

I saw this IG post and was coming here to post it. She spelled "great" grate. I get that spellcheck won't get that, but Iphones are pretty good with context and should have given the alternative spelling as well. Oops! To someone's credit, late in the comments, she was corrected. LOL

I also want to know who the baby is. It's obviously too young to be Mere, plus, it's a boy. I also can't tell what girl is on the bed. It doesn't look like any of the Lost Girls.

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I saw this IG post and was coming here to post it. She spelled "great" grate. I get that spellcheck won't get that, but Iphones are pretty good with context and should have given the alternative spelling as well. Oops! To someone's credit, late in the comments, she was corrected. LOL

I also want to know who the baby is. It's obviously too young to be Mere, plus, it's a boy. I also can't tell what girl is on the bed. It doesn't look like any of the Lost Girls.

That looks like Meredith to me. And isn't that Mack on the bed? How sad for her to go from having constant companions, to only having her little brothers and baby sister for playmates.

31 minutes ago, scriggle said:

I thought it was pickles.

Someone upthread saw cucumbers and that makes sense to me. To me it still looks like bananas but I hope it isn't. I imagined them putting a sugary glaze over sliced bananas and calling it salad. I'm going to try to believe it's a cucumber salad.

That box though. I remember the condition those boxes got into when my kidlets were small. I wouldn't eat out of them even after a thorough washing.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

That looks like Meredith to me. And isn't that Mack on the bed? How sad for her to go from having constant companions, to only having her little brothers and baby sister for playmates.

No, Meredith's a year old. That baby is too small and doesn't have the patented Duggar Big Head. Plus, that boy is in a onesie; Meredith is always in a dress and leggings. 

But I came here to post the following. Oh, that pesky wifi in Danger America...it always seems to be working! 

3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't think that's Meredith.  Much too young.  To me, that doesn't look like the baby Josh was holding in the Chick Fill-A pic.  And too young to be Spurgeon.  And this does not look like the TTH (they have painted metal beds), though it is definitely a boy's room.  So maybe the guest house?  

Wait...are those dinosaur sheets????

Well, they DO believe that dinos roamed the 6000 year old earth with humans. Shame on you for not paying a visit to the Creation Museum where this is made abundantly clear! LOL

As for the Izzy pic, from the few comments I saw (I'm not a voracious comment reader), they were getting a lot of crap for the way Izzy was buckled in. I've never had kids, so I can't opine either way. 

Just now, Lady Edith said:

I don't think that's Meredith.  Much too young.  To me, that doesn't look like the baby Josh was holding in the Chick Fill-A pic.  And too young to be Spurgeon.  And this does not look like the TTH (they have painted metal beds), though it is definitely a boy's room.  So maybe the guest house?  

Wait...are those dinosaur sheets????

Maybe they're Sierra's kids.  She's got a whole passel of them.  Dinosaurs are ok, Lady Edith, because Adam and Eve ride to church on their brontosaurus, as per the Creation Museum. 

Spurgie sure is a cutie.  I think Izzy is a cutie, too, but like one of the other posters, I'm a sucker for chunky babies! Izzy is the Baby Hughey of Central America.

Damn, Sumi...your reply came in the same time I threw mine up.  Great minds think alike. Lol

• Love 3

Hilarious that we both brought that horrible Creation Museum into the conversation. I don't have much to do tonight. Maybe I'll go hunt down the Ken Ham/Bill Nye debate on YouTube. Spoiler: Nye wiped the floor with Ham. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, they DO believe that dinos roamed the 6000 year old earth with humans. Shame on you for not paying a visit to the Creation Museum where this is made abundantly clear! LOL

Sigh.   I wasn't paying attention in my Duggar Academy classes, I guess.  

Trudging off for my first visit to the prayer closet.  Anyone care to join me?  

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Many of us practically live in the prayer closet...you'll have plenty of company! Generally wine as well :)

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Damn, Sumi...your reply came in the same time I threw mine up. 

That just made me giggle. Yes, I am 10 years old :)

12 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Most of us already have assigned seats. You can come sit by me. It's my turn to bring the wine.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Both. :D

And lookie! Muffy miraculously found some more time on wifi this week. What is that? Every.fucking.day? They have it soooo rough...

I scrolled down and jumped out of my skin when I thought she was face-timing Richard Simmons.

4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I also can't tell what girl is on the bed. It doesn't look like any of the Lost Girls.

It's some little J-slave in training , folding laundry while the boys get to play.

Jill & Derrick look like they got a bad case of the munchies after smoking some weed. I thought they were eating toy parts.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Many of us practically live in the prayer closet...you'll have plenty of company! Generally wine as well :)

Lady Edith, you don't deserve to go to the prayer closet. You have to do much worse than that to be there to do penance. However, you're welcome to visit us heathens in there anytime and take a look around...everyone is always welcome. I spend quite a bit of time there myself, particularly if Natalie is bringing  tapas...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

That just made me giggle. Yes, I am 10 years old :)

Most of us already have assigned seats. You can come sit by me. It's my turn to bring the wine.

No one ever told me we have assigned seats...I might have taken someone else's on occasion. Did I miss roll call? The closet might be getting a bit tight...it's hard to get the door closed in there some days.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

No one ever told me we have assigned seats...I might have taken someone else's on occasion. Did I miss roll call? The closet might be getting a bit tight...it's hard to get the door closed in there some days.

I think the door has been removed ...  cuz, you know, shenanigans.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think the door has been removed ...  cuz, you know, shenanigans.

That's right. If Duggar rules are in play, it means we have to have an accountability buddy to make sure there's no shenanigans.  There might even be a feed to Jim Boob's love nest for all we know.

• Love 1
(edited)

At this point we need a prayer church hall to fit all of us who spend copious amounts of time in the prayer closet.  Not only will we have uncomfortable chairs, we'll have tables to place the snacks.  Line up the velveeta cheese nachos next to some tater tot casserole.  (Eating those would be torture to me so I think it fits in a prayer closet.)  Of course, there will be an attached kitchen so we'll have ice for the margaritas.  You'll have to sneak in a corkscrew with the wine.  Then again, with the amounts we'll need, a box or two of wine might be the way to go. 

When Derrick is back at TTH, I think he'll be sending some quality time in the prayer closet unless he immediately genuflects to Boob. 

Edited by Muffyn
  • Love 2

And this does not look like the TTH (they have painted metal beds),

Like in bleak orphanages in the Ukraine in the 1920'S?

I thought that grimy bucket was filled with pickles, like a play on Pickles and Hairspray? If it's banana slices, like someone said upthread, that's pitiful, being that in Danger America I assume they are all over the place?

• Love 1

If it were anyone else, it would be funny. Sort of. Ok, a tiny bit amusing. 

Jill and Derick don't look very clean to me. Maybe they are, don't know them personally, but they don't appear that way. I'm betting the toy container was wiped down with a tissue. Gross. 

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Derick will be spending some time with the scissors and buzzer!  I am so curious how long the man bun lasts in Duggarville. 

I'm sure MEchelle (or whoever does it now) has the hair clippers ready to go. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Lady Edith, you don't deserve to go to the prayer closet. You have to do much worse than that to be there to do penance. However, you're welcome to visit us heathens in there anytime and take a look around...everyone is always welcome. I spend quite a bit of time there myself, particularly if Natalie is bringing  tapas...

I am still torn about what is in that plastic bucket.  Bananas, cucumbers, but one thing I know is in there is some sort of grime.  I can't see it but I will assume its there cause THEY look grimy.  Wonder how many of the resident Danger Americans are counting the days until that creepy couple with the ginormous white baby are going to stop flailing around and trying to teach them how to have a successful marriage?

I am TOTALLY bringing them today as well as cake cause I think I recall its someone's bday today!  I AM from CA so my cake will be kinda special.  I will call it the Jesus Herb cake :).  It sounds like the feast will be complete with the velveeta nachos and margaritas.  Obviously I am a godless sinner hence the JH cake :).

• Love 4