Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: Scope Of Work

Jeff heads to San Diego to meet a new client as he tries to diversify his business. Meanwhile, Jenni reveals that she's trying for a second baby, and problems spin around Jeff's contractor and his wife, who push for a business change.

27 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

The FDA announced today that they have opened an investigation of Wen products, so, Chaz may have to cut back on the renovations soon.

Yes, it causes some peoples hair to fall out.It's been all over the web for years, the FDA is just now catching up.

• Love 4

I felt bad for Jeff losing fact time with Chaz because we have seen how little time Chaz gives to Jeff and yet expects things to keep moving along.  However, I was asking my tv last night, why didn't Jeff and Gage split up?  Gage could be with the wife listening to her complaints while Jeff was getting business done with Chaz.  Does Jeff have to doing everything - why does he bring that entourage along with him to the clients all the time?

I feel worse for Frank.  He's between a rock and a hard place.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, rehoboth said:

I don't know. I think maybe he was the one who wanted the whole "scope of work" thing but didn't want to be the one to push for it so he let Angelica be the voice. 

• Love 1

I definitely got the impression that Frank DGAF about the whole "scope of work" business and felt a little bit embarrassed by his wife's behavior. He and Jeff seem to have been working fine for years. 

I want to throw up Chaz Dean is on my TV. Those Wen products are nothing short of an acid bath for your head.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, dianagerace said:

I don't know. I think maybe he was the one who wanted the whole "scope of work" thing but didn't want to be the one to push for it so he let Angelica be the voice. 

Because of undisclosed or unseen items, it is likely that the scope of work will change on these projects. Frank wants to be able to control his schedule and to be able to ask for more money easily since it is outside of the scope. Frank is in on wanting the scope but his wife did such a poor job in representing him. After sixteen years, Frank and his wife should taken Jeff and Gage out to lunch to introduce this new way of doing business. It was inappropriate to have this discussion on a jobsite. 

Like Jeff, I wouldn't sign either. He doesn't have to change his way of doing business to accommodate Frank. 

Wishing Jenni and Jonathan the best in their quest to have another child.

• Love 6

I think Frank and Angela should not try to bite the hand that feeds them.  I'm willing to bet their business is probably booming only because of Frank being featured on Jeff's show. (And I wouldn't doubt that Frank probably gets a little extra cash?)

I love the story of how Jeff ended up with Zoila!

• Love 2

Forgot to mention that I think Jenni is pregnant, someone else thought so from other episodes too.  In one of her talking heads she looked a little puffy, especially the stomach area, which they normally don't show but they did show this time and she was wearing some blue outfit. 

• Love 2

First of all I am a cynic. There is no true reality TV anymore. Much of what we see it driven by producers. That is what I thought about the side conversation with Frank and Angela. You know, Jeff is the type of person to not have that conversation there. But think it was done to provide drama.

secondly, there is no way Jenny didn't know that story about Zoila. Don't buy it. That story was told for the camera and the audience. Jenny has know that woman a long time and that story had to have been told to her long ago, at least when it happened or shortly thereafter. 

I love this show. Jeff has grown on me over the years and he makes me smile now. But I take what they show us with a grain of salt.....nothing is true reality anymore, sadly.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, rehoboth said:

I felt bad for Jeff losing fact time with Chaz because we have seen how little time Chaz gives to Jeff and yet expects things to keep moving along.  However, I was asking my tv last night, why didn't Jeff and Gage split up?  Gage could be with the wife listening to her complaints while Jeff was getting business done with Chaz.  Does Jeff have to doing everything - why does he bring that entourage along with him to the clients all the time?

Why didn't Jeff just tell the wife that he was with an important client and if she wanted to talk to him, she had to wait until he was done? 

Please pardon my ignorance on this next subject as I know nothing about fertility/infertility.  If Jenni has no problem getting pregnant but has a problem staying pregnant, why is she doing a procedure to get her pregnant?  I have to say I don't understand women who wait until they're in their 40s to start a family then bring surprised when they have trouble conceiving.  I hope Jenni gets the result she wants. 

Chaz is so damn creepy.  Everything about him gives me the willies. 

Chaz sells hair shampoo yet he looks like he's not near a bottle of shampoo in several years. Yuck. If that's what his crap makes your hair look like no wonder the FDA is involved....or he's just not taken a shower...this year.

• Love 3

I was going to order Wen a couple of years ago, but, it was all on auto refill and I don't need a gallon of shampoo every 30 days, so, Chaz's greed saved my hair.  I agree that the story of how Zoila ended up with Jeff just shows what a scumbag she is.  But, I never had any doubt, so there's that.

• Love 5

I've never tried Wen but it did work well with some people otherwise it wouldn't have had the success it did. It's funny some products can be fine with a portion but fuck up skin or hair for a bunch of others. 

• Love 1

From what I've learned on the Shopping Channel forums, the Wen goop  greasy manbun-Namaste-hands-Chaz sells on QVC is a slightly different formula than the infomercial crap that destroys people's hair and plumbing ... not that it matters much - it's all shit in a gallon bottle.

• Love 4

Zoila worked for someone else (Supposedly a friend of Jeffs) Zoila called out ALL the time. So woman who she works for goes to Jeffs house (on one of Zoilas sick days) and she answers the door at Jeffs! Apparently Jeff was poachng her and paying her double to not go into that job but to come to his house. 

(edited)

Krista(pool) looked like a mix of Khloe Kardashian and Jessica from Shahs of sunset. 

I was visiting my daughter a few weeks ago in California and I saw many women that have that look.  

I hope Jenni gets her baby!

It was wrong that zoila was leaving her boss on days she should be working for her to go work for Jeff.  Jeff should have told his friend he was using zoila at his house.  I'm sure his friend would have been fine.  They could have worked out a schedule. I don't think zoila is a scumbag  for taking double pay,  she was a housekeeper at the time not a reality star. If there is any scumbag move I'd put that on Jeff. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 3
(edited)

It was wrong that zoila was leaving her boss on days she should be working for her to go work for Jeff.  Jeff should have told his friend he was using zoila at his house.  I'm sure his friend would have been fine.  They could have worked out a schedule. I don't think zoila is a scumbag  for taking double pay,  she was a housekeeper at the time not a reality star. If there is any scumbag move I'd put that on Jeff. 

I grew up in a affluent household and housekeeper poaching happened all the time between families, in fact our maid for years and still a dear family friend started off just helping out off her full time job with a neighbor and family friend with us and she was working for us full time within a few months.

It's a weird crazy thing with families that a full time maid(s), rumors start when someone's maid picks up a hush-hush "helping out" gig with another family, it's really an audition and and an indication that the maid wants to change jobs maybe for money but probably other reasons as well. It's seriously a thing and one that makes people very bitter, Zoila and Jeff both knew what they were doing, Jeff was poaching her from the start and neither Jeff nor Zoila wanted her previous employer to know beforehand.

Better to ask for forgiveness than permission when stealing a good maid.

Edited by John M
  • Love 1

I get the poaching thing but seriously? Maids/housekeepers are not slaves. They are allowed to go and work wherever they want. I think it was sneaky to not tell the woman she was going to Jeffs but on the other hand if it was a "audition" why tell your steady job in case the "new" one doesn't work out? If someone told me "Hey come over for a few days and I'll pay you double your salary?" I would seriously have to think about it! There is nothing sleazy or scumbag about changing jobs for better pay or a better working condition. At All. This is still America. 

• Love 5

What bothers me isn't Zoila changing jobs. It's the lying and saying she was sick instead of just quitting. My grandmother was a housekeeper and she refused to be poached because it was dishonest and unfair to the people who were already counting on her. 

• Love 2

In this whole scenario Jeff comes off the worst. He was lying to  his friend  and purposely asking for zoila on days she was needed elsewhere.  And yet, zoila was the one called a scumbag?? 

Jeff annoyed me when he used jenni's first husband's last name as he went through her name. You could tell Jenni was not happy. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 3

Jeff was definitely the one at fault in the poaching scenario IMO.  Kelly (I think?) was his friend and that's just not cool.  It's certainly paid off for Zoila, who has made more money and had to do less work since being in Jeff's employ. 

That said, I still adore watching Jeff.  I totally get his sense of humor and being addicted to worry.  His constant use of breath spray is fascinating and makes me laugh.

Chaz seems like a nice enough guy but I'd think twice about buying hair product from someone with his current hair "style."  What is that?  A man bun with shaved sides?  I just can't.

Frank's wife can take her thirsty ass off my tv anytime. 

Seeing Jenni handle Jonathan's "sample" like it was an active grenade was hilarious. 

Are Jeff, Gage and the rest really drinking cocktails?  I would think the liability serving your employees alcohol in your place of business would be astronomical.

I love seeing the pets. 

• Love 7

Are Jeff, Gage and the rest really drinking cocktails?  I would think the liability serving your employees alcohol in your place of business would be astronomical.

Yes they aew really drinking. It's not even that uncommon at certain companies. When I worked at an ad agency we would have cocktail hour in the conference room starting at 3 on Fridays. Not that Jeff makes the best decisions about the workplace.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2

It's back, it's back!!! OMG I had no idea. To quote a great movie "It's alive, it's alive. I'm going to go put on my Liberace records."

I have some catching up to do because where is the giant yellow house below the Blvd that he and Gage where going to stay in forever and ever? Sold? THAT sums up Jeff. Gage has lost some of that boyishness in his face and it suits him. Jenny looks good and one of Jeff's minions is still there? Amazing.

Still wish he was doing that classic reno on Casa Vega.

2 hours ago, WaltersHair said:

It's back, it's back!!! OMG I had no idea. To quote a great movie "It's alive, it's alive. I'm going to go put on my Liberace records."

I have some catching up to do because where is the giant yellow house below the Blvd that he and Gage where going to stay in forever and ever? Sold? THAT sums up Jeff. Gage has lost some of that boyishness in his face and it suits him. Jenny looks good and one of Jeff's minions is still there? Amazing.

He sold Gramercy last year, though it wasn't yellow, which was probably a wise decision given carrying a kid and all of their gear up and down all those steps would get annoying. 

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 2:29 PM, psychoticstate said:

That said, I still adore watching Jeff.  I totally get his sense of humor and being addicted to worry.  His constant use of breath spray is fascinating and makes me laugh.

I love seeing the pets. 

All of the breath spray use is actually making me want to get myself breath spray.  I guess it is the power of suggestion...

Yeah I don't think it is a big deal to drink at work.  Especially at a small business.  I worked at a firm with a small staff and we would drink nightly, at work, sometimes at our desks.  I am 100% sure there was no liability, as there is no way the insurance company had any idea we were drinking.  And why would they care?  We were all adults.

16 hours ago, WaltersHair said:

Aren't they still in that house?  I think they are living in it, working in it and renovating it now.

No, they sold the house on Gramercy last season (see episodes 4, 5, and 6 of Season 8). Gage was sad but not pissy, presumably because they were working on the baby thing despite moving. They moved into a house in Hollywood, and the current "money pit" is yet a third house. 

• Love 1

No, they sold the house on Gramercy last season (see episodes 4, 5, and 6 of Season 8). Gage was sad but not pissy, presumably because they were working on the baby thing despite moving. They moved into a house in Hollywood, and the current "money pit" is yet a third house. 

Thanks. I am WAY behind. I boycotted Bravo for a while because, in my opinion, they just drove the whole channel into the ground. I've been taking baby steps coming back.

Edited by WaltersHair
On 8/5/2016 at 3:32 PM, Princess Kelbop said:

I haven't boycotted Bravo (but do think that the days of independent films and early Top Chef and Project Runway will be seen as their glory days) and I still missed when they moved from that horrible Hollywood house into their current one.  Can anyone fill me in on why they moved?  As I recall, that house was yet another one that Jeff had previously owned and was Spanish styled through and through - totally unlike Jeff's style today.

11 minutes ago, rehoboth said:

I haven't boycotted Bravo (but do think that the days of independent films and early Top Chef and Project Runway will be seen as their glory days) and I still missed when they moved from that horrible Hollywood house into their current one.  Can anyone fill me in on why they moved?  As I recall, that house was yet another one that Jeff had previously owned and was Spanish styled through and through - totally unlike Jeff's style today.

That was a rental and I believe they couldn't make a deal to buy.

• Love 2

Actually, I think they did buy and they're gutting it. In the first episode of the season they meet at the Hollywood house with architects, and there's a minor disagreement about whether a window will or won't directly face the neighbor's house, and one of the architects talks about wanting to get married and what he is looking for in a husband. 

Thanks. I am WAY behind. I boycotted Bravo for a while because, in my opinion, they just drove the whole channel into the ground. I've been taking baby steps coming back.

I really liked season 8. It's only 8 episodes long but it feels like something important happens in each one. Unfortunately, Hulu stops at season 6. 

Edited by Princess Kelbop
  • Love 1
On 5 August 2016 at 11:40 AM, WaltersHair said:

Getting that big stick out of his arse helps too.... I actually like him now!

Ps. Has Gage had surgery on his nose? It doesn't look the same on the end anymore. To me it always looked like...ummm...the end of a male appendage. Now, not so much!

On 7/29/2016 at 8:57 AM, Willowsmom said:

The Zoila story proves how slimey  they both are. They deserve each other.

I'm with Angeilca on the contracts. Jeff is just the type to push for more and more work with no additional pay.

I think Angelica and Frank can and should do business however they choose BUT the discussion should have been on THEIR time, not Deans time.  They are lucky Jeff gave them any time right them and there.  Also, push too hard and Jeff will just hire someone else.  You WANT the work, he's HIRING the work.  Don't piss off the client!  Also, you know they are getting paid extra to be on the show and it is free advertisement for their construction business.  Girl, you just tried to bite the hand that feeds you.  

Very shallow observation.  You are going to be on tv, get your darn roots done!  

• Love 1