Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 07/25/2016

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday: Day of Hot Topics.

Tuesday: Greg Kinnear ("Little Men").

Wednesday: Day of Hot Topics.

Thursday: Day of Hot Topics; coverage from the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, with Joy Behar, including an interview with Al Franken.

Friday: Marisa Tomei.

• Love 1

I'm enjoying the show today. I tuned in and was going to switch channels but the discussion between these women is at a much higher level. I don't agree with all of them but the discussion is stimulating.

The fact that Whoopi had to make the disclaimer about Russia makes me wonder how much Russia has ownership of ABC?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I have a hard time agreeing with anything Jedi says & she goes on & on without making sense or getting to a point.  Just sayin'.

Same here. But it is fun to watch when one of the other women debunk or refute what she has to say. BTW, isn't Jedidiah a man's name?

• Love 3

I was glad to see Whoopi actually ASK the ladies to explain the Debbie Wasserman Schultz sitch so she could understand it, but then a minute later she goes off again on how people need to do their homework! Gah!

• Love 13

Sunny, no I don't believe that you (a lawyer on TV and your surgeon husband) struggle to find money to go on vacation. I just don't!

Did airhead Sara Haines say one word during the first part of the tax discussion? I'm going to watch it again. Why is she on this show?

Jediiiabidhi  is definitely making herself at home. I now wonder if she is in and Paula is out next season.

• Love 4

I think you're right about Jedi, Vinyasa. I thought Paula was off all week for the RNC, but Joy isn't off for the DNC, so maybe they just wanted to put Jedi in Paula's seat. I can't believe they're getting rid of Paula for someone else just like her.... What is even the point??? And Paula is actually an ABC employee and conservative; Jedi works for Fox News and claims not to be Republican. Then there's Sara Haines, who I assumed most likely got her in to this show via Paula, who people here have said is friends with her. So Sara gets the job, and now Paula is out. lol This show makes no sense at all.

Regardless, Sara/Joy/Sunny is working very well for me. Yes, there are others who have co-hosted that I'd prefer over Sara and Sunny, but the panel isn't putrid anymore, and that's something to be grateful for. And thankfully Sara and Sunny took over halfway through this year so we didn't have to endure as much of Raven and Candace as expected. Hopefully Whoopi's ego will run off the Jedi just like she apparently did Paula.

Jedi kept screaming about where all their taxes are going. That was laid out perfectly for Joy to joke about the millions spent on the 80th Hillary investigation, but nope. I'm glad they did talk about Russia attempting to help Trump in this election though. Disturbing.

• Love 7
(edited)

I truly hope not, @Vinyasa. Jedidamndiah gets on my last nerve. Not in the seriously-want-to-strangle-her way like Bitsy, but close. The best thing I can say about her is that she will laugh along with the others. Bitsy would never even pretend anything was humorous. I like Paula despite her oft-times defense of the despicable & trying to rationalize such.

Edited by Fisher King
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Fisher King said:

I was glad to see Whoopi actually ASK the ladies to explain the Debbie Wasserman Schultz sitch so she could understand it, but then a minute later she goes off again on how people need to do their homework! Gah!

Like Whoopsi had a damn clue about Donald Trump having ties to Russia, right.  She found out as Sunny was explaining it, the big phony.  And then to turn around and lecture people about doing their homework.  What a load.

She was the only sour note* for me today.  Especially when one of them was talking about worrying about her kids and Whoops was like "well you just have to make a decision" to not worry.  Because that's the only solution and it's SO easy to do, duh.  Just so smug. 

*Jedidi-ugh wasn't a sour note for me because for some reason when she starts talking I don't hear her.  She just yammers on and on and it turns into white noise or something.  They are wasting a seat on her, imo, because she just talks and talks but never really says anything, like Medicine Crow said. By the way, Crow I tried to like your post but I got a message that said I am "not allowed to like content by this user."  Have you been naughty or something, or have they decided we can't be friends for some reason??? Are we bad influences on each other? 

• Love 13
21 minutes ago, Fannysue said:

Jediblabla is incredibly annoying - she talks but never stops talking.  Give someone else a chance to talk.  I wish she would go back too FOX.

OMG! @Fannysue! I LOVE the new name for Jebajabbahut! I'm TOTALLY stealing it! Because blah blah blah is what she does!

While what the DNC emails were wrong, the one  part, about Sanders being Jewish or Atheist being used against him was a head scratcher for me. Like how anyone didn't already KNOW that he was Jewish, AND that he was an Atheist.

He isn't someone no one ever heard of before-he's got a long record of being involved in civil rights, plus he's been a regular on Real Time, waay before this election cycle.

And to use a phrase Maher uses, Jediblabla really does live in her own bubble.

• Love 4
(edited)

Comrade Trump scares me a lot more than the DNC and DWS possibly tipping the scales in HRC's favor. (Thank you, Joy) And if the metadata shows that the Russians are behind the hacked DNC emails, couldn't they have also changed documents or inserted ones? Trump doesn't have nearly as much liquid assets as he once did, he's not getting the big donors his predecessors have, the US banks have blackballed him, so he's got to be getting pretty desperate for cash and if the cash comes from the Russian oligarchs, so what (in his warped mind)?  Wasn't he able to soften the platform to not be so supportive of Ukraine vs. Russia? That's some quid pro quo right there. What else would he do? Anything. And doesn't Manafort have a history lobbying on behalf of some Russians? 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 8
27 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Like Whoopsi had a damn clue about Donald Trump having ties to Russia, right.  She found out as Sunny was explaining it, the big phony.  And then to turn around and lecture people about doing their homework.  What a load.

She was the only sour note* for me today.  Especially when one of them was talking about worrying about her kids and Whoops was like "well you just have to make a decision" to not worry.  Because that's the only solution and it's SO easy to do, duh.  Just so smug. 

*Jedidi-ugh wasn't a sour note for me because for some reason when she starts talking I don't hear her.  She just yammers on and on and it turns into white noise or something.  They are wasting a seat on her, imo, because she just talks and talks but never really says anything, like Medicine Crow said. By the way, Crow I tried to like your post but I got a message that said I am "not allowed to like content by this user."  Have you been naughty or something, or have they decided we can't be friends for some reason??? Are we bad influences on each other? 

My bold.  I think there is a problem with the "like system" because there are actually four "likes" regarding my comment, but they don't show.  Your "like" was there too.  Not to worry!!  LOL.

• Love 3

I'm pretty sure it's against the law for candidates running for president to take contributions from other countries.   If it's not, it needs to be.   No foreign government or business should have an investment in who wins the election.  I haven't watched the show yet, but I hope there was some outrage about the Russia connection.

• Love 6

I'm sure Trump knows all kinds of ways to launder money from the Russians so that no investigation will ever uncover a connection.

Jed was making her argument about taxes by throwing in every knee jerk issue so that it became incoherent.  Joy mentioned free education in countries with high taxes, meaning post HS degrees, and Jed started ranting about vouchers and teachers' salaries.  Um, what?  And yes, Whoopi decried having to pay the highest taxes in the world then proceeded to argue against her own assertion.

I wish they had had time to talk about Tim Kaine and the CNN bimbo who complained that he gave part of his speech in Spanish.  In Miami.  Maybe tomorrow.

• Love 13

The Trump campaign has been soliciting donations from foreign countries for over a year. They have been warned to stop but someone in the UK claims to have gotten a solicitation letter as recently as this month. I guess he is above the law.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Rick Kitchen said:

When right wingers like Jedediah talk about school choice what they're really saying is that they want the schools to have the right to choose which kids they educate.

Jedisbadyeah definitely went right to the hidden but not ever subtle if you think on for two seconds --education is only for the wealthy.  If you can't afford it, you can't have it.  The whole system of vouchers stems from the same advocacy of actually reducing the education funds for all public schools again and again.  Why is it that in the same people carrying water for Drumpf as the Republican candidate (Paula and Jed) whose motto is make America  great again refuses to touch on the matter that the one sector the nation has demonstrably see a decline in has been education.  But let's face it, no way the Republicans want a population with more critical thinkers. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

And yes, Whoopi decried having to pay the highest taxes in the world then proceeded to argue against her own assertion.

My favorite part was Jedi’s “You’re agreeing with me!” Get in line, Jedi. Whoopi does not have to make sense, save your tweets, she doesn’t care.

• Love 4

Jediblabla says she is not a Republican  - so what is she??????   Is she going to claim she is an independent???????   If so, she may be the only independent who spouts the  Republican line, ad nauseum.

• Love 7
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Fannysue said:

Jediblabla says she is not a Republican  - so what is she??????   Is she going to claim she is an independent???????   If so, she may be the only independent who spouts the  Republican line, ad nauseum.

Jediblabla (LOVE that moniker by the way!) has repeated declared herself to be a Libertarian in the Paul Rand vein.  

After reading here I'm almost sorry I skipped  the show today.  Thanks to everyone here for keeping us up to date.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, Fannysue said:

Does she position herself as a Libertarian like Rand Paul and Joe Scarborough?  Which is basically a self-involved argument these days of wanting to live in the privilege of the USA but never have to either pay for any of it or be a responsible part of it.  For some reason people like those two think it absolves them of any responsibility of any racism, sexism, bigotry or simple refusal to allow that for a society needs to work; in general we have to support one another to some degree. 

• Love 5

Does Whoopi realize she was fighting Sunny and Jedi for no reason? They all agreed. She's so contrarian. 

Whoopi: *Complains about the tax money never going where it's supposed to go*

Sunny: Where is all the tax money going?

Whoopi: We know where it's going! *Explains she has no idea where it goes*

Also, Jedi says "ooge" instead of huge. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Comrade Trump scares me a lot more than the DNC and DWS possibly tipping the scales in HRC's favor. (Thank you, Joy) And if the metadata shows that the Russians are behind the hacked DNC emails, couldn't they have also changed documents or inserted ones? Trump doesn't have nearly as much liquid assets as he once did, he's not getting the big donors his predecessors have, the US banks have blackballed him, so he's got to be getting pretty desperate for cash and if the cash comes from the Russian oligarchs, so what (in his warped mind)?  Wasn't he able to soften the platform to not be so supportive of Ukraine vs. Russia? That's some quid pro quo right there. What else would he do? Anything. And doesn't Manafort have a history lobbying on behalf of some Russians? 

Yep, yep, and yep. Read and tremble w/ fear or fury.

Trump & Putin. Yes, It's Really a Thing

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/trump-putin-yes-it-s-really-a-thing

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Dahlia said:

Omg. People would vote for you she says to WG!!!?    The ass kissing is beyond the pale.  

I was appalled by the adulation of the movie stah today by Jedediah..There must be a reason  behind the scenes that  we don't know about, that they all  must defer to her like that..I miss Paula and her fearlessness when it comes to challenging Ms. Whoopie....

• Love 7

Not a great show today. Whoopi and Jedi filled too much of the airtime with hot air; Sara and Sunny barely got any.

Love Joy. I’m so glad she finally shut Jedi down about how she wouldn’t vote for Hillary because she’s a liar—all politicians are liars. Grow up. Although let's be honest, she knows what she's been doing, she knows all politicians are liars. Her only goal was to manipulate viewers. She doesn’t mind writing home about Trump—who she claims she won’t support—even though he’s lied repeatedly. Actually, about her fake claims, she doesn’t support Bernie, Hillary, or Trump, and yet the only one she hammers is the woman for some reason? Going by her hatred for feminism that's leaked out since she appeared at the table, I can put two and two together here. As for her defense of the rich corporations, Warren did not vilify them; they out themselves with their own behavior. She was pointing out the fact that they are succeeding at the expense of everyone else. And I didn’t miss the Jedi's smartass comments to Joy and Whoopi when Joy was saying she’s not perfect/wouldn’t run for president. Jedi is repulsive. (<-- I think I’ll repeat this every day until this vile troll is fired.)

I hope Joy continues with her Comrade Trump nickname from here on out. More attention needs to be put on Russia’s support for him and whether or not he’s received money from them for his campaign.

• Love 17
(edited)

More attention needs to be put on Russia’s support for him and whether or not he’s received money from them for his campaign.

The fact that he has any financial dealings with them at all is troubling whether or not they're directly contributing to his campaign, which like someone above said is prohibited. Most likely, some Russian oligarchs are keeping his crumbling empire afloat since all other financial sources have dried up and he's so highly leveraged ("I love debt," he said). I bet Comrade Trump owes them bigly and that's what his tax returns would reveal. 

Joy was not very happy with Whoopi and her monopolizing tirades today. She keeps looking at someone off camera like "here we go again." Loved her line about Melania using FLOTUS' speech at Rotary Club meetings. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She'll be there on Thursday.

Haven't seen today's yet, but what prompted this latest tongue bath of Whoopi?

From what I saw, it just kind of "evolved" with all of Whoopi's preaching!!!

• Love 2

How many times did Whoopi shout to "do your homework!!!" today?  I counted four, but then I changed the channel. 

You know, we need to start a daily pool to wager how many times she will say it ...  the winners get lunch paid for by the rest of us.

I am going to go with "3" for tomorrow, and if I win you will be buying me Burger King because I am cheap like that and haven't had a burger in a while.  But I will have to count on you all to keep track of how many times she says it.  I have not made it all the way through to the end of the show in weeks. 

• Love 9

Jediblabla is such a...I don't even have words.  Did y'all see how everyone at the table clapped after they showed the clip of Michelle Obama's speech, and that motormouththatwon'tshutup, just sat there, with her hands on the table and did...nothing. Yet, goes on an blathers how Michelle Obama said exactly what First Lady should, she was eloquent, etc., etc., then brought it around to Hillary. Yeah? Then why couldn't you bother to even make the modicum of pretense and applaud Mrs. Obama's speech? 

Joy was really on fire today. I loved her. With her "Comrade Trump" to dead bang asking Jediblabla to admit she's Never? voted for a liar? And then speaking about that orange warthog, not personally, or what he's like as a father, in his personal life, etc., but how he isn't fit to be the President of the United States.

And Warren was not vilifying the corporations. Well, okay, she was; but they deserved it, because no, you ignorant boob who lives in your own fantasy bubble, they are NOT creating jobs; they are hoarding all that wealth for themselves. So SHUTDAFUCKUP.  And she's so delusional about why the Bernie or Bust supporters were booing Warren, Smith, Cummings. Trying to say they don't stand for Bernie, but his ideals? Well, they wouldn't be there if it weren't for Bernie. Because I sure as hell don't remember them being there before this election cycle. And they're just ignorant boobs. To the point, where they were booing the man they say they are behind and want for President.

Y'all, I think some of y'all have been doing some of Whoopi's hyperbowl! I expected non-stop, tongue bath of Whoopi running by EVERYONE. It was just that Jediblabla.  And maybe I was watching a different show, but I didn't see Joy look offscreen; she got more than her share to speak.  And then after she said what she did about Drumphf, Whoopi looked at the camera and said "What she said." Meaning what Joy said.

And I loved her crack "who are they again?" about the Kartrashian sibling and his...fiancee? I don't give two or any figgety fucks about them, or why Rob deleted Black China from his social media.

I don't know why Jediblabla keeps sucking up to Whoopi.

• Love 13

Whoopi was talking about RO when she proudly proclaimed "this show" was the only one to take on Donald, right?

Cause I don't remember that otherwise. I just remember her saying "a lot can happen between now and the election" everytime he or Hilary or Bernie were brought up and she didn't feel like talking about it. 

She did call him out on his remarks from the get go I'll give her that. It's just annoying how selective she is.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, geekburger said:

She did call him out on his remarks from the get go I'll give her that. It's just annoying how selective she is.

That's what she was talking about-that she was, or the show was the first ones to call him out for his racist remarks.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Dahlia said:

Omg. People would vote for you she says to WG!!!?    The ass kissing is beyond the pale.  

The one positive I see is that the last conservative talking point machine that slobbered to this extent on Whoopi and her ego got tossed back to cackling on Morning Joe and was never heard on here again.  Maybe she thinks she is being handed a one way ticket back to Fox when this season is done?

• Love 4

Unfortunately Jed is right, a lot of people would vote for Whoopi,  She still has a huge (no pun intended) fan base.  So, kissing up?  Yeah.  But with some truth to it.  I don't think Jed is going anywhere.  The panel we've been seeing (Whoopi, Sara, Joy, Sunny, Jeb) is probably the one we'll see in the fall.

Elizabeth Warren has been a thorn in Trump's side for as long or longer than the View has.  Do your homework, Whoopi.  And Jed?  Those wonderful corporate profits for the .1%ers that embody the American dream?  Tell it to all the workers who lost their jobs because corporations shipped those jobs overseas to save money.

• Love 7
(edited)

Whoopi-Nancy wasn't a "first"? She was the first female Speaker of the House in American history.

Jedidiah-shut the fuck up with your not voting for a liar bullshit. Whoever said they would prefer Hasselbeck over this clown, I regretfully agree.

ETA: I hate when women's shows promote tired stereotypes about menopause, but it is what this show is best at doing. Also, If I never have to hear about Whoopi's dry vagina again, it will still be too soon.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • Love 4
(edited)
36 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

She would vote for Whoopi as what?

President of the United States. Because you know, only Whoopi talks common sense, something that is SO needed, and which is lacking from the candidates that are running in this election.????

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
Stoopid autocorrect!!!
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Presides of the United States. Because you know, only Whoopi talks common sense, something that is SO needed, and which is lacking from the candidates that are running in this election.????

Oh for goodness sakes. I'd vote for her to be off the show and that's about it.

• Love 13