Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 07/25/2016

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Paula and Raven back at the table and Sunny giving Jed hell with Joy as the moderator today. Paula sitting next to Joy again and even though they are miles apart politically they do have a nice friendship and it shows today even though Joy rolled her eyes at one point. Paula looks well rested and tan today too. She must have taken a few days this week for a vacation at the beach with the kids.

I wouldn't mind this panel just like this every day. But, of course, ABC has decided that Miss Whoopi is SO friggin important to this show.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Of all days to have to put up with the idiocy that is Raven Symoron.

I'm getting nauseous just listening to her praising/sucking up to Kanye and Kim.  What did she mean about her not having as much money as everyone else?

• Love 5

1. Odd seeing Paula in a different seat, going from co-head of the table to next to Joy. I did like having her back. She was also more vocal, which is either because of having Jed there as reinforcement, or because her position truly is on the line and she wants to fight for her job.

2. Loved Sunny showing Jed whose boss with facts.

• Love 6

How far Sunny’s come. I was almost wishing Whoopi was there so she could steamroll Jedi, however nonsensically, and then Sunny went and stole the best moment of the week from Joy when she practically scalped Jedibabba on live TV. I was glad both she and Joy finally called her on her bullshit about Hillary’s foreign policy. The only reasoning I can come up with to explain Jedi being hired is they want to recreate the last panel that went for more than one season, and the Republican was the resident punching bag then. I can get on board with that, because Jedi is repulsive and her only value is being steamrolled.

Btw, the best part about Sunny is her facial expressions. When Jedi is talking, her eyebrows could not be any higher. Her face during the Kanye discussion said it all. I’m sure we had this topic for Raven’s sake only.

Paula’s definitely out. She’s more subdued than she’s ever been. I hope Whoopi wasn’t able to save Raven, but since she got another contract and got Paula fired, who knows.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, geekburger said:

1. Odd seeing Paula in a different seat, going from co-head of the table to next to Joy. I did like having her back. She was also more vocal, which is either because of having Jed there as reinforcement, or because her position truly is on the line and she wants to fight for her job.

That's the second time Paula sat next to Joy on a Friday. Maybe a Friday thing.

How about the straight women kissing while Raven rolled he eyes! lol

• Love 2

I wouldn't mind this panel just like this every day. But, of course, ABC has decided that Miss Whoopi is SO friggin important to this show.

It was just weird having Paula sit next to Joy. Just pick a chair and keep it! No complaints that airhead Sara Haines wasn't there, but could have done without Raven. Too much noise today.

• Love 1

Whoopi can't get people fired. She clearly wanted Nicole to stay, she loves Raven, and she also really liked Michelle. All thee on on their way out.

Paula is terrible- she is most likely fired because she is terrible in the position. Today highlighted the education gab between Paula and Jed. One is just much more articulate and educated on the topics even though they both have the same conservative view point.

Oh and no way in hell are Paula and Joy friends. People only see what they want to see.

• Love 2

JEEBUS FUCKING CHRIST ON A CRACKER. To hear Jediblabla say it, Hillary, and Hillary alone, oh, along with the current administration, is responsibile for the birth of ISIL and terrorists. I did SO love the smackdown Sunny gave her backed up by FACTS. Unlike Jediblowhard, who kept using would be scenarios and things that have not happened as her "proof" of her "facts."

And sure as the sun rises in the East, if Whoopi had been there, to say the same thing, in her convoluted, non-complete sentences way, as @TheGreenKnight stated above, Jedijabadahut, would have conceded some points, or say "You're right." But with Sunny and Joy? It was the same old same old "I don't AGREE." And her shit eating grin and rolling her eyes, as a way to show she's got a sense of humor doesn't make that insincerity a mitigating factor for her rhetoric repeating of the same thing over and over again. 

I didn't find Hillary's speech polarizing at all. And she did tell everyone, EVERYONE, that she would be everyone's President--even for those who won't/don't vote for her. So STFU, Jediblabla.

And I cried when Hillary came out and hugged Chelsea. Speaking of which, she started out...unsure and I could hear the nerves in her voice, but she got stronger and more confident as she went on. I loved Bill Clinton's reactions to his daughter's introduction.

And Paula? Hillary's slogan is "Stronger Together" so just stop it with the nitpicking or saying Hillary is the same as that orange warthog, and is claiming she and only she alone can fix what's still wrong in this country and what needs to be done to make it even better. I could see both Joy and Sunny getting frustrated with her. She was like a dog with a bone. 

So, Raven, if that idiot Kanye killed someone and bragged about it, would you love him for his crazy then, because as you so eloquently said it, he be crazy and don't care and that's why you love it and don't find him creepy? Allrighty then.

As I've said before, I'm not averse to having a view/opinions opposite to my own. But dammitall, there has to be someone with a Conservative point of view, who can cite examples that are based in fact and not untruths or talking points of Fox news.

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And Paula? Hillary's slogan is "Stronger Together" so just stop it with the nitpicking or saying Hillary is the same as that orange warthog, and is claiming she and only she alone can fix what's still wrong in this country and what needs to be done to make it even better. I could see both Joy and Sunny getting frustrated with her. She was like a dog with a bone. 

Yes -  I'm With Her is not Hillary's campaign slogan.  It's  a slogan for stickers and buttons and t-shirts for her supporters!  

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Miss Slay said:

Paula is terrible- she is most likely fired because she is terrible in the position. Today highlighted the education gab between Paula and Jed. One is just much more articulate and educated on the topics even though they both have the same conservative view point.

Oh and no way in hell are Paula and Joy friends. People only see what they want to see.

I agree, people see what they want to see, because I don't think Jed is articulate in any sense. She's just more inflammatory and loud. As for being friends, I doubt any of them are really friends on this show, but Jedi is much further off than Paula. Both Joy and Sunny go off whenever she speaks.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Miss Slay said:

Whoopi can't get people fired. She clearly wanted Nicole to stay, she loves Raven, and she also really liked Michelle. All thee on on their way out.

With all due respect and since you are obviously referencing my above post, Joy has said it herself on the show and it's obvious she likes Paula even though they disagree politically. On the After the View it's even more obvious.

I don't see what I want to see, I see and hear what is there.

25 minutes ago, Vinyasa said:

It was just weird having Paula sit next to Joy. Just pick a chair and keep it! No complaints that airhead Sara Haines wasn't there, but could have done without Raven. Too much noise today.

I really could do without Raven but this show needs "a young one" so she is it.

• Love 5

There's got to be someone in the age range of 20s-30s, who is smart and can speak in coherent sentences and doesn't get her information from Face Book or Twitter, or has common sense, out there. Raven can't be the only choice.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, geekburger said:

2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Sunny was great today.

Add my voice to that.   I have never liked Sunny as much as I liked her today.   She really was not going to let the bullshit go without correcting it.   Hillary Clinton is NOT responsible for everything that has gone wrong in the world during the time she's been in political office.  I loved her calling Jed out on that. 

And I'm glad that Sunny was allowed to be that voice of reason, without Whoopi there.  Whoop would have interrupted with one of her "Here's the thing!"  speeches, rambling on without actual FACTS.  

• Love 17

Jedidiyuck did the reach-for-your-mug and take a long, slow swig thing as soon as they went to cut to commercial after Sunny swirlied her. She was obviously peeved, haha.  That drink move is a dead giveaway.  She didn't want to look at Sunny but she didn't want to appear to be ignoring her so suddenly she was SOOOO thirsty and that drink was SOOOOO good.  ha.  Try to choke on it next time, Jed.  Or at least spill it down the front of your dress, you miserable ....

Anyway.  It was nice to have Paula back. It's been a while since she played panel dork by seizing upon some minor thing no one agrees with or cares about, trying to make it into a "thing," then getting visibly dumbfounded and frustrated when no one shares her opinion.

And just an FYI -  simply claiming Hillary Clinton's campaign slogan is "getting a lot of criticism" doesn't make it so, Paula.  The only criticism I've heard came from Donald Trump on Wednesday. And it was just another obvious attempt by him to create an issue where one doesn't exist so he can capitalize on it.  But it was clever of you to put it out there like there is some big backlash going on.  Your Dark Master must be very pleased. Without actually mentioning his name, you managed to sneak in a little commercial for him the same way they snuck in that Restasis commercial when they were interviewing Marissa Tomei. 

But at least Restasis PAYS for their advertising.  And when Joy does what sometimes feels like an ad for Hillary Clinton, she does it openly and it's clearly just her opinion.  She doesn't just spread baseless propaganda like you did today while refusing to admit the source.   

I can't wait for Paula to be GONE. And take that stupid idiot Raven with her.  How old were the kids she taught that art class to?  Because if they were older than like ... five ... I can't imagine they were too impressed with dumping paint on some glued-together boards.  Which she learned how to do from a youtube video.  ugh. 

• Love 14

I saw BAB aka Candace on an entertainment news show last night.  She said she has signed on to return next season.  What bad news!  Has anyone else heard this?

• Love 1
(edited)

Jedidiah actually said that Hillary Clinton, in accepting the nomination, should have defended foreign policy decisions made in the past decade or more.  She mentioned that as something MISSING from her speech!  WTF planet is she from?   Does the same go for Trump?  can we complain that he gave his speech accepting his nomination, and never once mentioned his bankruptcies, his failed businesses, the small business owners he has put out of work, the lawsuits against his "University"?   SHe was so far out of line with that comment, I was itching along with Sunny, who said "that got under my skin." 

The segment after Sunny smacked her down, was the Justin Beiber topic.   Jed' voice was noticeably changed when they came back from that break.  She spoke even faster, and there was something in her voice that made me thin she was holding back some emotion. 

Raven's ass-kissing of Kim and Kanye was ridiculous.  Rich people are held to a different standard because they're rich?  Kanye says crazy shit, and she thinks it's amazing and genius.  Yeah, because he's RICH!  Anything Kim or Kanye said, she thought was AMAZING!!!!  He can tell people's intentions!  Oh my god!  it's like a super power, isn't that great?  Nobody else can do that! 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 14

Raven gets on my nerves so bad, even worse then Whoopi. It's was annoying how she was soooooo amazed about the Genuis Kanye and who special Kim is... Take a seat Raven because we don't care. Kanye is still conceited who thinks he is all that  and yes he should think about what he says. Just because you think of something  doesn't mean that you have to say it out loud. It makes you look like an idiot. Kim is well just Kim. 

• Love 10

Jedidiah sucks up to Whoopi BIG TIME!   Of course, when Whoopi's not there, Jedidiah lets her true mean girl colors show.  I don't think she would have been as snotty a know-it-all had Whoopi been there.  I'm glad for the days Whoopi's gone, so what's a nun gonna do?

• Love 6

Raven makes me want to puke and if it's true that Candace is returning, why?  She barely had time to be on this show this season.  I'm not complaining that she's not there, but, why re-sign her?

• Love 4
Just now, Bronzedog said:

Raven makes me want to puke and if it's true that Candace is returning, why?  She barely had time to be on this show this season.  I'm not complaining that she's not there, but, why re-sign her?

Because she's cute, perky, blonde-ish, and Christian?

• Love 2

Normal person to Raven:  My special talent is I can smell if you have a cavity

Raven:  Gross!  Get out of here! who wants to do that?

Kim K to Raven: My special talent is I can smell if you have a cavity

Raven:  THAT is a talent! I love you!

Normal person to Raven:  My special talent is that I can detect a person's true intentions when they talk to me

Raven:  Yeah?  So?  Who can't do that? 

Kanye to Raven: My special talent is that I can detect a person's true intentions when they talk to me

Raven:  You are a genius! Awesome!   AMAZING!   I worship at the altar of your talent! Please notice me!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 18
(edited)
8 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

@TheGreenKnightJ

As I've said before, I'm not averse to having a view/opinions opposite to my own. But dammitall, there has to be someone with a Conservative point of view, who can cite examples that are based in fact and not untruths or talking points of Fox news.

There is but not on this show so far.   I've been watching Nicole Wallace and Steve Schmidt on MSNBC during both the RNC and DNC conventions.  I can disagree with an opinion but appreciate it if I respect the person voicing it, if I find them credible and I find Nicole and Steve very credible.   Jeblahbla?  Not so much.  

5 hours ago, piano said:

I saw BAB aka Candace on an entertainment news show last night.  She said she has signed on to return next season.  What bad news!  Has anyone else heard this?

Oh great.  I may have to sit next fall out. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

There is but not on this show so far.   I've been watching Nicole Wallace and Steve Schmidt on MSNBC during both the RNC and DNC conventions.  I can disagree with an opinion but appreciate it if I respect the person voicing it, if I find them credible and I find Nicole and Steve very credible.   Jeblahbla?  Not so much.  

Steve Schmidt, I find very credible. I've seen him several times on Bill Maher's show. He's actually sane.  Nicolle? I've never been able to stand her. Ever since she kept pounding the table when she was on Maher's show in 2014, saying that Obama had "six years! six years!" Six years! to fix the economy and he failed miserably. So Pardon me if I don't give a shit what she has to say, because the face she wears depends on the show she's on. Cackles indeed.

And yes, my rant whining upthread was over the inability of this show's producers/casting in charge people to find a sane person who is conservative whose opinions can be backed up with facts. Sadly, Schmidt is the wrong gender for this show.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Steve Schmidt, I find very credible. I've seen him several times on Bill Maher's show. He's actually sane.  Nicolle? I've never been able to stand her. Ever since she kept pounding the table when she was on Maher's show in 2014, saying that Obama had "six years! six years!" Six years! to fix the economy and he failed miserably. So Pardon me if I don't give a shit what she has to say, because the face she wears depends on the show she's on. Cackles indeed.

And yes, my rant whining upthread was over the inability of this show's producers/casting in charge people to find a sane person who is conservative whose opinions can be backed up with facts. Sadly, Schmidt is the wrong gender for this show.

No problem.  I can respect that because I respect you @GHScorpiosRule, and of course find you credible.  :-)   I think it's interesting that with all the cable TV I watch I really hadn't seen Nicole Wallace on TV before The Spew  (Morning Joe is 3:00 am at my house) although I knew who she was.  I liked her on The Spew - minus the sucking up to Whoopi so that's probably why I like her still. 

• Love 2
(edited)

GHScorpio~

With regard to your comments on Nicolle, for some odd reason I kept reading it as...

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

she wears depends on the show she's on. Cackles indeed.

----------

My take on Raven's tongue bath of Kanye/Kim is that she's looking for connections once her stint at The View is over and done.  Girl's gotta keep herself in those hair accessories, ya' know!

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 7

I'm back but will be focusing more on GMA ;)

So, in other words.........

"I'll be back on The View maybe once or twice until they go on vacation in Aug. Next season likely the rumors are true and I won't be back and expect Jediasdfghjkl at the table"

She did say "I'm back" though. Maybe as a part timer like Candace has been and will be on GMA on the weekend and part time during the week. Fridays on The View with Joy maybe. For her sake I would think that GMA is a better gig without the hateful Whoopi to contend with. Let Jed have the friggin job!

On 7/29/2016 at 3:24 PM, piano said:

That is really bad news for me.  I do not watch the View whenever she is on.  Cannot stand to listen to her..

• Love 2