Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Girl Meets Ski Lodge: Part 1

I have no idea what I just watched. Part of me thinks those fantasy scenes were the worst thing I've ever seen on TV and part of me thinks they were hilarious.

Wasn't Riley surprised to hear about the ski lodge drama a couple seasons ago when they opened a time capsule that Corey and Shawn had buried. It had some reference to Lauren in it. But now Riley has heard about it her whole life? That's kind of weird.

Cory's talk in the classroom was totally inappropriate too. Like ten times worse than usual.

And now Lucas won't say who he picked again. This is the worst triangle ever.

• Love 3

Maybe my standards are low after the last episode's crapfest, but I actually thought this was decent. The fantasy movie scenes were silly, but the original BMW went there a couple times, and they still had some good bits. And Cory yelling about NATURE in the opening scene pretty much captured exactly who original BMW Cory was going to grow up to be. 

• Love 3

I'm gonna be shallow and just say how happy I am to see Josh "Boing" Matthews again. It was hysterical that even in the fantasies he was still older than Maya (btw if you wanna see Uriah in another show he's on a show called Blue A secret life on LMN tonight at 10pm.)

• Love 1

Well that was a huge waste of time. Ski-Lodge did not need to be a two parter. Nods and homages are one thing, but literally copying and pasting from episodes from the old show is just being straight up lazy.

• Love 3

This episode was total garbage. Since it's a two parter I knew they wouldn't resolve anything in this episode, but to blatantly waste time like that instead of having some momentum for this plot was ridiculous. Especially when they keep pushing the fact that this is the Triangle Turning Point. 

Also I call BS on Lucas saying 'It's not about my decision. It's about all of us'. That felt like a cheap writers' ploy thrown in to explain why Lucas hasn't ever said anything. Like this has EVERYTHING to do with Lucas' opinion/choice. It doesn't matter if Riley or Maya backs out, Lucas does not *have* to date the one left over if he wasn't actually going to choose them. Now if he dates the 'second choice' just because they're there, that's a different story, but I think the writers' forgot that when they had him try to act all 'noble'. 

I hate Josh being here because I 1000% do not support Joshaya and I do not like that the writers think it's okay to be coy with it when they should know it's inappropriate. I hate that they haven't made it a firm unrequited crush. It's also stupid that a college sophmore/freshman (the timeline is so wonky on this show)  would be allowed to chaperone a bunch of 15 year olds. That's asking for trouble and sounds sketchy as hell. 

The Maya is the 'destructive one' stuff felt super forced in order to have Lucas more frustrated with his options. The whole Maya is not really Maya storyline now seems purely for this specific scenario since up until that storyline Maya was very chill. Like they should have created more Lucaya moments where they fight. Instead they've been pretty lowkey overall while Lucas' has shown irritation with Riley several times. I get it, Lucas' choice can't be obvious, so we have to manufacture conflict, but I don't think the writers' had enough foresight to plan for this. 

And honestly, why does the show think that we'll care about Riley's supposed connection with Evan when we literally already did this entire storyline with Charlie Gardner? Like, in BMW it was different because Cory was choosing between his stable, loving relationship and this inexplicable connection he may not find again. Riley has never truly dated Lucas. There are absolutely no stakes here, just like before. So what's the point in rehashing this? 

• Love 5

Enough already. Farkle speaks for us all.

What's with Smackle flirting with Lucas and Josh in front of Farkle? Are we supposed to find that cute or endearing? All I see is her being a shitty girlfriend.

More Zay please! I feel like that could be written after every episodes in which he appears.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, bagert said:

Anyone want to speculate on who Evan (name of the teen at the end, according to the closing credits) might be? :)

Most likely another one-off character..unless we see him transfer to the school somewhere down the line

Time waster episode. It absolutely DOES matter who Lucas has chosen. Since they both like him, it's actually the only thing that still matters in putting the stupid triangle to death. I hope they don't have Riley fall for ski lodge boy and back out to make it a clean decision for Lucas and Maya to be together. There's no impact in that.

More Farkle and Zay please! I think I say this every time! You've got two cute and interesting guys there and the girls are wasting years of their life on bland Lucas.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Slade347 said:

Enough already. Farkle speaks for us all.

What's with Smackle flirting with Lucas and Josh in front of Farkle? Are we supposed to find that cute or endearing? All I see is her being a shitty girlfriend.

More Zay please! I feel like that could be written after every episodes in which he appears.

I hate Smackle being so disrespectful to Farkle.  When they started dating Farkle knocked off chasing after Riley and Maya romantically.  I didn't mind Smackle assuming Lucas was always hitting on her because it's a funny running joke to showcase how cocky she can be sometimes but don't like her trying flirting with him or Josh.

This whole triangle is horribly written.  It's become telling and not showing.  They talk about it in circles instead of letting Lucas organically interact with both girls to showcase some sort of connection.  Also, Riley is kinda arrogant about this situation.  There's this undercurrent in multiple episodes where she  seems to be assuming Lucas will pick her, and she's condescendingly trying to prepare Maya for it.  It's really getting on my nerves.  I just want this storyline over so they can stop repetitively talking about it constantly.

More Zay would be awesome.  Instead of bringing in a new guy for Riley to have a connection with I don't know why they don't chem test one of the girls with Zay.

Yoby Forever!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

So is this even a triangle anymore? With Maya excited Josh is there and Riley looking at this guy Evan at the end. Do we have like some weird, dumb polygon now! Please make it stop, we don't care!

It would be sort of refreshing if both girls just started dating someone else and forgot about Lucas. I like Lucas and don't want to see him hurt or anything, but it would just be nice for them all to move on and stay friends.

• Love 5

That was a really stupid episode.  I know they are trying to drum up ratings by making it a two parter but eta that it doesn't need to be.  The triangle has been dragged out so long and written so, so poorly that I no longer care what happens.  I just want it to be over.  I just don't understand why the writers of this show don't know how to write these characters in a realistic way anymore.  Maya isn't all danger and Riley isn't all sweetness, no one is all anything.  I thought that the way Maya treated Lucas in her fantasies did her a disservice.  To me she came off as if she didn't even like Lucas.  And Riley just likes sappy, gooey love.  Lucas could have been swapped out with anyone and it wouldn't have made a difference.

FrumiusManxome has reiterated what I have been saying for weeks about Lucas not having a voice in this situation.  Why didn't he get his own fantasy sequence?  Why is he not allowed to say who he likes better or how he feels about anything?  When we do happen to get a little insight into who he would like to be with one of the girls decides that it doesn't matter and the audience never gets to know what he thinks.  I hope he picks neither one but I can't see that happening.

I did like the return of Joshua but not the return of overbearing, brain dead crush on Josh Maya.  I can appreciate an unrequited crush on an older boy when its done right but Maya's crush on Josh makes me uncomfortable.  And its mostly because he looks so uncomfortable by her advances as he should.  The way it was handled last time also catered too much to the girls than it should have.

I wish that instead of introducing this new boy that they had brought back Charlie.  There are no stakes at all to Riley going with a third option in this situation.  At least Charlie has been established as someone who actually really liked Riley.

• Love 1

Not that I've ever had high expectations for this show, but they somehow managed to completely fail in this episode. Now, not only is Riley as stupid as a post, the rest of them are too. I thought the last episode was horrible, but this was way worse. The fact that the "highlight" was them making it obvious Riley's mind works on the level of a Lisa Frank coloring book, should tell us something. This episode was an absolute dumpster fire. 

• Love 1

Caught this ep on youtube and I see the series hasn't improved and their STILL On this frigging love triangle.

What kinda dumbass bring his wife and kids to the same ski lodge with the history that almost wrecked their entire relationship by him kissing another girl at that same lodge? Some things we don't need to be reminded of.

I'd think there were more romantice ski lodges to go to?

Adds this episode to the dumpster fire.

• Love 2

Do you guys think there might be a love triangle on this show? The writers just aren't making that clear enough. Who likes whom? I have no idea. 

Anyway, we literally didn't need this episode. I get it's set up for the next one, but I think the last tenish minutes were important, but to be honest, did we REALLY need these episodes.

I'm just hoping this arc is over. This show is SO MUCH BETTER when it isn't focused on who likes whom.

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 8:36 AM, Luckylyn said:

Instead of bringing in a new guy for Riley to have a connection with I don't know why they don't chem test one of the girls with Zay.

I think Maya and Zay would be a good pair. I think Zay has a mellow personality that would tolerate Maya's crazy and also be able to talk her down when needed. He's used to having a hot head in his life, Lucas back in the day. Plus, I adore Zay and want to see him happy. If he would rather Riley, I would support that too. lol But I don't really see them happening. He doesn't fit her idea of the perfect rom com boyfriend. (which is why I still don't buy that she actually likes Lucas. She likes the idea of Lucas, as per her vision of their future, he's her little country boy in the big city, like about 1000 lifetime movies.) Zay would grow bored with her quickly.

Can we just skip about 4 years ahead, Farkle goes to Columbia, but he stays in a penthouse his daddy bought for him. Zay is at NYU and lonely Farkle invites him to live there too. A buddy show. I can give or take Smakle. Don't care if she's there or not. But I love Zay and Farkle.

• Love 1

Triangle? I'd call it a hexagon. It's Riley / her ever-diverted love interests / Maya / Uncle Josh / Lucas / Lucas's self-worth (which would like to be with Lucas but he keeps rejecting it). Smackle, can't you truthbomb them and get them to admit they've all moved into the friendzone because they're only fourteen/fifteen and they live in a metropolitan area with 20 million people and surely they can find other love interests????

13 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Can we just skip about 4 years ahead, Farkle goes to Columbia, but he stays in a penthouse his daddy bought for him. Zay is at NYU and lonely Farkle invites him to live there too. A buddy show. I can give or take Smakle. Don't care if she's there or not. But I love Zay and Farkle.

I'd watch this! Boys Meet World. Lucas can visit on occasion but he can't be a permanent cast member.

• Love 1

Weirdly, the second episode of this 2 parter is already available on the Disney app on Apple TV even though it says "aired 7/29. Watching both episodes was better than just this one.

(edited)
On 7/25/2016 at 7:43 PM, Mabinogia said:

I think Maya and Zay would be a good pair. I think Zay has a mellow personality that would tolerate Maya's crazy and also be able to talk her down when needed. He's used to having a hot head in his life, Lucas back in the day. Plus, I adore Zay and want to see him happy.

Zay has already accidentally admitted that he loves both Riley and Maya (when Lucas was asking Farkle about it and not him).  I think Zaya would be interesting.

Edited by bagert
Didn't want to infer more than I intended.